PDA

View Full Version : So how was it?

SouthMoroccoStu
22-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Hello and good evening Hibs.net

Can anyone give some info on how way played tonight?

And 2 motherwell penalties? Were they justified?

Is there a ray of hope or are we staring down a painful last few months?

hibs0666
22-02-2012, 09:35 PM
We were deserving of the first half lead.

To score 3 goals away from home is great. However, conceding 4 goals in a single half is the stuff of which relegation is made.

I just cannot see where the next win is coming from.

woody47
22-02-2012, 09:49 PM
We deserved more from tonight. First half we were better side. Really dont know about penalties as up the other end but looked harsh. referee was up to the normal SPL standard - sh.t. Subs were booed as taking off Griffiths who was lively all night but leaving Sproule on? Not sure what Sproule brings to the team (even though he did score tonight). Really need to bring in a decent keeper as I am afraid Stack is just not up to it.
There is certainly a team there but we just don't seem to get the breaks when it counts. A bit of luck and things could turn around.
Also remember we were playing the team sitting well out in 3rd place and whom had just humped the jambos 3-0.

BEEJ
22-02-2012, 10:15 PM
First penalty looked clear cut. Hesitation from the two CBs in dealing with a bouncing ball (they had been excellent in the first half) then Stack dives in for the ball when it looked from the away end like he didn't have to be so hasty.

Second penalty looked highly dubious to me - thought Doherty got the ball.

Hard to believe after the first 45 mins that we have come away from that game conceding 4 goals - but that's been Hibs for some time now.

duffers
22-02-2012, 10:20 PM
First penalty looked clear cut. Hesitation from the two CBs in dealing with a bouncing ball (they had been excellent in the first half) then Stack dives in for the ball when it looked from the away end like he didn't have to be so hasty.

Second penalty looked highly dubious to me - thought Doherty got the ball.

Hard to believe after the first 45 mins that we have come away from that game conceding 4 goals - but that's been Hibs for some time now.

I didn't think the first one should have been a penalty

DaveF
22-02-2012, 10:21 PM
I didn't think the first one should have been a penalty

At first I thought Stack touched the ball and the forward then fell over him, but given the lack of a protest I'm guessing not.

Therefore, a stick on penalty.

IWasThere2016
22-02-2012, 10:24 PM
The ref is a relation of a ex-Well player ..

Penrith Hibee
23-02-2012, 08:44 AM
My first game of the season but watched others on the TV. It was a cracking game between two teams who had a better forward line than defence. Well got the breaks and as often happens to a team at the bottom, we got no breaks at all. Sproule did a job on the left nullifying the threat but did nothing going forward, GOC had a mixed night but he tried like a bear (slightly overweight one?) and Claros looks like he needs games under his belt but puts his foot in when he gets there! Griffiths was immense, best player on the park and if there is the slightest chance of signing him, we should do it asap.Francombe struggled at RB against the Well winger who had him for pace and he got no help from those around him though. McPake was a proper centre half, again please sign him asap if at all possible and build around him. Lewis was good, as was Hanlon and Ozzy was brilliant at times but faded.

To sum up, if we play like that for the rest of the season, we will win more than we lose, we will stay up and if we cut out the kamikaze mistakes at the back, we might have a cup run to look forward to!

PISTOL1875
23-02-2012, 04:34 PM
After being at the game last night , I am pretty sure if GOC and Ivan Sproule don't play for HIbs again this season , I wouldn't be too bothered...

AlbertK86
23-02-2012, 05:45 PM
First half we looked pretty decent and defence other than Francomb were solid.
Eff knows what was in the half time cuppa.... Looked like vallies as we were that hesitant and slow!!

Doherty who had been outstanding in first half suddenly lost concentration albeit I feel he was getting drawn out of position as centre mid in particular Claros disappeared.

Penalties looked harsh from our end but having just watched them on TV Stack dives in like a dafty after a poor header from Doherty and it was a defo pen. Second one hard to tell but if it had been us I would have wanted it.

Subs were wrong players hooked. Griffiths had been excellent and I would have brought two forwards on and gone 3 up front instead of bringing a full back on.