PDA

View Full Version : The tactics.....

madabouthibs
22-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Should we perhaps go 5-4-1 for the rest of the season?

this sounds ridiculous, and very Avril-esque, but with the state of our defence just now would it be so ridiculous?

hibee_girl
22-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Would probably just confuse our defence even more!

Taz_hibee
22-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I might be wrong here but did PF drop Kujabi, who has been playing well to once again accomadate playing PH in back 4?

oneone73
22-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I might be wrong here but did PF drop Kujabi, who has been playing well to once again accomadate playing PH in back 4?

He went for a more defensive LB. Fair enough imo

Wotherspiniesta
22-02-2012, 10:06 PM
**** the defence. No matter which combination we put out we still leak goals. Too many different combinations, not enough stability and far too many inconsistant performers in our defence.

Put our 4 least terrible defenders in their correct positions, stick with them as a back four for the rest of the season and try get them to work on their mistakes. All this chopping and changing is NOT helping.

Taz_hibee
22-02-2012, 10:06 PM
He went for a more defensive LB. Fair enough imo

How did that work out for him :aok:

beensaidbefore
22-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Should we perhaps go 5-4-1 for the rest of the season?

this sounds ridiculous, and very Avril-esque, but with the state of our defence just now would it be so ridiculous?

suggested it before the celtic game. shot down in flames mate.

Hibercelona
22-02-2012, 10:10 PM
With the way our defence is, we'd be as well playing a 0-6-4 formation.

yekimevol
22-02-2012, 10:11 PM
343 we cant defend so attack, I don't care if we win every game 1-0 or 50-49 as long as we win.

mikeyriley
22-02-2012, 10:13 PM

Kujabi like others had 1 good game. He looked Ametuer against Celtic. Very poor

beensaidbefore
22-02-2012, 10:16 PM

Exactly the reason I think we should be playing a back 5. To accommodate them both. Kujabi looks a little suspect defensivly at the moment, but give him time. Hanlon playing with 2 other centre back gives us cover while Kujabi goes on a wander. I.e switch to a back 4 when hes on a run or have one of the 3 or 4, midfielders slot into place to keep a back 5. Simples me thinks, as it gives Robert Carols the chance to get the ball in the box, to what is a fairly able strikeforce.

Taz_hibee
22-02-2012, 10:16 PM

So that was his 2nd game then, my recollection is he played well in all his previous games before Celtic and was no worse than anyone else in that game, IMO

Taz_hibee
22-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Exactly the reason I think we should be playing a back 5. To accommodate them both. Kujabi looks a little suspect defensivly at the moment, but give him time. Hanlon playing with 2 other centre back gives us cover while Kujabi goes on a wander. I.e switch to a back 4 when hes on a run or have one of the 3 or 4, midfielders slot into place. Simples me thinks, as it gives Robert Carols the chance to get the ball in the box, to what is a fairly able strikeforce.

Hanlon not playing at all is an even better option IMO

madabouthibs
22-02-2012, 10:18 PM
I can't remember the last time i heard a sweeper system being mentioned.
2 centre halfs and a sweeper?

truehibernian
22-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Listen to Collins and Lennon over this last week....defending starts from your front men too. Hooper and Stokes chase, harry, close down and run channels.

Then look at O'Connor - quite simply awful for two thirds of the season. Offers nothing, terrible hold up play, unfit.

Tonight didn't surprise me in the slightest. Our midfield are quiet as church mice, defence getting used to each other, a keeper who is poor and indecisive, and a front man who is playing badly and isn't a team player despite his experience. 'Well play with supreme confidence, pace and skill. Play with verve, heads up, zip the ball wide and vary play.

Hibs - bar the likes of LG, one paced, dithery, lacking confidence, no spine, zero leadership from keeper, centre half, centre mid, striker.

In the dogfight.....sorry, we don't have it. For me it's a prepare for life in First Division. Not Fenlon's fault either. This season failed due to Calderwood, shambolic pre-season, Board showing CC too much faith after his unforgiveable disrespect. Players at Hibs have no worth, no real tie to the club, no professionalism. They smoke, allegedly take drugs, urinate in nightclubs, sit in dug outs instead of warming up, leave the ground if not selected.....in short, unprofessionalism has been tolerated, accepted and allowed. That's why we are bottom of the league and will remain there IMHO.

IberianHibernian
22-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Listen to Collins and Lennon over this last week....defending starts from your front men too. Hooper and Stokes chase, harry, close down and run channels.

Then look at O'Connor - quite simply awful for two thirds of the season. Offers nothing, terrible hold up play, unfit.

Tonight didn't surprise me in the slightest. Our midfield are quiet as church mice, defence getting used to each other, a keeper who is poor and indecisive, and a front man who is playing badly and isn't a team player despite his experience. 'Well play with supreme confidence, pace and skill. Play with verve, heads up, zip the ball wide and vary play.

Hibs - bar the likes of LG, one paced, dithery, lacking confidence, no spine, zero leadership from keeper, centre half, centre mid, striker.

In the dogfight.....sorry, we don't have it. For me it's a prepare for life in First Division. Not Fenlon's fault either. This season failed due to Calderwood, shambolic pre-season, Board showing CC too much faith after his unforgiveable disrespect. Players at Hibs have no worth, no real tie to the club, no professionalism. They smoke, allegedly take drugs, urinate in nightclubs, sit in dug outs instead of warming up, leave the ground if not selected.....in short, unprofessionalism has been tolerated, accepted and allowed. That's why we are bottom of the league and will remain there IMHO.Read this and thought it`s badly - timed after a narrow defeat with 3 goals away from home against a team that are better than us whatever we might want to believe ( and some folk here obviously think we should beat Motherwell in every game ) but although I don`t agree with all your opinions here in general think you`ve mentioned a lot of very important points to explain fall in last 5 years - am confident Fenlon can correct a lot of the problems and lead us to better things but we`re going to need a bit of luck this season and then we can look forward to better times . There`s not really much difference between bottom 11 of SPL ( we`re having a terrible season but Sunday was about first time we`ve been outclassed and we`ve already drawn with Celtic ) so small things will turn draws into wins and losses like tonight into draws or better .

stubble
22-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Our midfield are quiet as church mice, defence getting used to each other, a keeper who is poor and indecisive, and a front man who is playing badly and isn't a team player despite his experience.
This season failed due to Calderwood, shambolic pre-season, Board showing CC too much faith after his unforgiveable disrespect. Players at Hibs have no worth, no real tie to the club, no professionalism. They smoke, allegedly take drugs, urinate in nightclubs, sit in dug outs instead of warming up, leave the ground if not selected.....in short, unprofessionalism has been tolerated, accepted and allowed. That's why we are bottom of the league and will remain there IMHO.

Apart from all the aforementioned, things ain't too bad at Easter Road:cb

truehibernian
22-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Read this and thought it`s badly - timed after a narrow defeat with 3 goals away from home against a team that are better than us whatever we might want to believe ( and some folk here obviously think we should beat Motherwell in every game ) but although I don`t agree with all your opinions here in general think you`ve mentioned a lot of very important points to explain fall in last 5 years - am confident Fenlon can correct a lot of the problems and lead us to better things but we`re going to need a bit of luck this season and then we can look forward to better times . There`s not really much difference between bottom 11 of SPL ( we`re having a terrible season but Sunday was about first time we`ve been outclassed and we`ve already drawn with Celtic ) so small things will turn draws into wins and losses like tonight into draws or better .

If you read my posts, pre, post and when we don't play, my opinion is pretty much unchanged - Hibernian are unprofessional and it is an atmosphere, up until now, that is tolerated. Hence we are where we are not only now, but in the last three years.

I like Fenlon, love the fact he knows this, and have confidence in him. Sadly he may have to experience relegation with this side before we see his version of Hibernian. Unlike other sides like Well, Utd, St J, Killie.....there is no genuine nucleus of a side. You could literally free the whole squad in summer and start again - that speaks volumes of the club. And it is not anything to do with Fenlon, he is blameless for the culture at Hibs.

Big Frank
22-02-2012, 11:11 PM

Apart from all the aforementioned, things ain't too bad at Easter Road:cb

:giruy: