PDA

View Full Version : Next 3 league games

Spike Mandela
22-02-2012, 10:53 AM
With time running out this season I think the next three games will tell us a lot about our teams survival chances. Forget about last Sunday these are the games we have to show progress in.

Obviously nine points against Motherwell, Killie and St Mirren would be nice but 4 or 5 points minimum is what we need to show that we are ready to push away from bottom of league imo. Anything less than that would indicate to me the 'new improved' team will be in the relegation dogfight right to the bitter end.

lord bunberry
22-02-2012, 12:18 PM
The problem with setting points targets is that if we don't hit them people can become despondent we need to take one game at a time and try and win every time we play

Spike Mandela
22-02-2012, 12:26 PM
The problem with setting points targets is that if we don't hit them people can become despondent we need to take one game at a time and try and win every time we play

I'm sure one of our previous managers used to talk about setting points targets for little clusters of games. Can't remember which. I think it's a good motivational tool.

vanNISHtelroy
22-02-2012, 12:33 PM
You'll get three points on saturday if you put pressure on us!

Spike Mandela
22-02-2012, 12:38 PM
You'll get three points on saturday if you put pressure on us!

Can't you just give us the three points? C'mon you've got the cup final to look forward to.:greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
22-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Nope sorry! As much as I don't want yous relegated, I want us to have a chance of the top six more!

muzzhfc
22-02-2012, 02:04 PM
the only points target we should be setting is; more points than the pars

Hamish
22-02-2012, 04:13 PM
With time running out this season I think the next three games will tell us a lot about our teams survival chances. Forget about last Sunday these are the games we have to show progress in.

Obviously nine points against Motherwell, Killie and St Mirren would be nice but 4 or 5 points minimum is what we need to show that we are ready to push away from bottom of league imo. Anything less than that would indicate to me the 'new improved' team will be in the relegation dogfight right to the bitter end.

I agree Spike, Fenlon privately, will probably have earmarked these games.

I think he would be asking the players for a minimum 5 points.

Aldo
22-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Tonite I think we're playing the best team in SPL bar Smellic. My opinion mind you.