PDA

View Full Version : NO Pay at the gate tomorrow night(Need to buy a ticket from the M'Well Ticket Office)

The Voice Of Reason
21-02-2012, 02:53 PM
As it says on the tin :-

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120221/motherwell-ticket-news_2262950_2618740

If you are paying at the gate (like myself) you need to get there early - I can forsee a large queue to buy a ticket at the Motherwell Ticket office!

Billy Whizz
21-02-2012, 02:56 PM
As it says on the tin :-

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120221/motherwell-ticket-news_2262950_2618740

If you are paying at the gate (like myself) you need to get there early - I can forsee a large queue to buy a ticket at the Motherwell Ticket office!

I just called Motherwell FC about this. What a load of nonsense. How long has this match been organised?
There is also a bit at the bottom of the message that says fans who attended the 1st match that didn't get a voucher please contact Motherwell! They don't know anything abou this!

Scouse Hibee
21-02-2012, 02:57 PM
FFS they have changed this from their original plan!

The Voice Of Reason
21-02-2012, 02:59 PM
I just called Motherwell FC about this. What a load of nonsense. How long has this match been organised?
There is also a bit at the bottom of the message that says fans who attended the 1st match that didn't get a voucher please contact Motherwell! They don't know anything abou this!

It is a joke. To be fair, the poor girl in the Ticket Office was as surprised at the "No pay at the gate" decision as I was !

Get there early to buy a ticket folks - I can forsee a long queue!

Billy Whizz
21-02-2012, 03:08 PM
I was at the 1st game along with my family and got no vouchers, bet there are a fair number of people got vouchers for tomorrow who didn't go to the initial game.
Now I've got to go to the other side of the stadium before the game.
Why didn't Motherwell provide Hibs tickets in advance of this if it was all ticket match
Motherwell FC

:giruy:!!!!!

LancashireHibby
21-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Makes sense to a certain extent considering the vast majority of people attending the game will be using the vouchers, and as we know from our own experience that opens the opportunity for any jiggery-pokery for turnstile operators who fancy making a few quid...

jgl07
21-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Makes sense to a certain extent considering the vast majority of people attending the game will be using the vouchers, and as we know from our own experience that opens the opportunity for any jiggery-pokery for turnstile operators who fancy making a few quid...

What a load of bullsh*t!

There are potentially two check on turnstile operators: one the number of tickets issued and two the number of times that the turnstile goes around.

With sales from a ticket office there is only one check: the number of tickets issued. Easier to fiddle by far.

HIBEETILLIDIE
21-02-2012, 03:26 PM
What a load of bullsh*t!

There are potentially two check on turnstile operators: one the number of tickets issued and two the number of times that the turnstile goes around.

With sales from a ticket office there is only one check: the number of tickets issued. Easier to fiddle by far.

This could present a problem to the walk ups as the details on thier website say the ticket office closes at 4.30, it also confirms there are no cash gates, but does not confirm if the ticket office will be open after 4.30pm! This has farce written all over it!:confused:

LancashireHibby
21-02-2012, 03:37 PM
What a load of bullsh*t!

If that's easier to fiddle by far then why is it that Hibs are looked to remove cash gates and most clubs down here have already done so?

HIBEETILLIDIE
21-02-2012, 03:42 PM
This could present a problem to the walk ups as the details on thier website say the ticket office closes at 4.30, it also confirms there are no cash gates, but does not confirm if the ticket office will be open after 4.30pm! This has farce written all over it!:confused:

Just e-mailed Motherwell, they have confirmed the ticket office is open up until kick off time :aok:

hibbybrian
21-02-2012, 04:01 PM
IIRC there was a game at ER against Murderwell in the 1980's which was abandoned and Hibs opened the gates to the main stand for the replay (not being one who liked to sit at a match I went to the enclosure :greengrin)

Having collected the gate money for the first game I don't see why Murderwell should charge admission for the replay :confused:

The Voice Of Reason
21-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Guys - I called the Motherwell Ticket Office and bought 3 tickets (paid by card).

I can collect them at the Motherwell Press Office (not ticket office) tomorrow anytime up until Kick Off. So this is a far better option than standing in a potentially massive queue for the Ticket Office.

Hope that helps.

Hibs Till I Die.

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2012, 04:13 PM
ah well, that's me oot :( not parking my car up at the away end then walking 8 miles to the ticket office then back again, whats wrong with sticking a stupid wee portacabin around at the away end FFS GTF motherwell f****n tin-pot Amateur club F*** thum

Baldy Foghorn
21-02-2012, 04:19 PM
ah well, that's me oot :( not parking my car up at the away end then walking 8 miles to the ticket office then back again, whats wrong with sticking a stupid wee portacabin around at the away end FFS GTF motherwell f****n tin-pot Amateur club F*** thum

Take car to ticket office, purchase ticket, then park car.....Not difficult

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Take car to ticket office, purchase ticket, then park car.....Not difficultit's nigh impossible to get parked near that area on match dayscan fans enter that away stand from the main stand side of the ground ? i've always entered from up at the college bit :hmmm:

frazeHFC
21-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Come on, come, you know you really want to. :agree:

frazeHFC
21-02-2012, 04:32 PM
IIRC there was a game at ER against Murderwell in the 1980's which was abandoned and Hibs opened the gates to the main stand for the replay (not being one who liked to sit at a match I went to the enclosure :greengrin)

Having collected the gate money for the first game I don't see why Murderwell should charge admission for the replay :confused:

It's annoying for fans, but they can't afford to make it free.

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2012, 04:32 PM
and i do, always like a wee short trip through to motherwell :)

just noticed they are charging just the £10 again, which is pretty decent, especially for anyone who was at the original game and didn't manage to get a voucher

Baldy Foghorn
21-02-2012, 04:39 PM

Think the game that you are referring to was v Dundee.....

H18S NX
21-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Absolute disgrace,i emailed motherwell safety officer three weeks ago explaining that we could not get any vouchers when we exited fir park when they abandoned the game,he did not have the courtesy to reply to me,as i have said,absolutely disgraceful.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2012, 05:05 PM
I have one ticket available, 1st to answer gets it. Will meet them outside the ground before the game.

SheriffLobo
21-02-2012, 05:09 PM
I'll take it blackpool

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2012, 05:13 PM
I'll take it blackpool

Ok pal, its yours. PM me your mobile number and i will arrange a meet tomorrow. :aok:

SheriffLobo
21-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Ok pal, its yours. PM me your mobile number and i will arrange a meet tomorrow. :aok:

Having a mare with mobile sending a pm. Can you send yours as can read them ok? and will text you back. Cheers

mcvie7
21-02-2012, 05:30 PM
I have a spare voucher , can meet outside ground before kick off . Needs to be 15-20 mins before kick off because I don't want hassle trying to get it .

SheriffLobo
21-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Will take that too as my mate just said he was looking?

monktonharp
21-02-2012, 08:45 PM
all in all, 'well have made a mess of this. I got vouchers easily after the game by telling a polis that I needed 5 for our bus ,another of our members got 6, we made sure all our guys had tickets for tommorow, but we've got people travelling with us that got freebies,and they were not at the first game. we've also got folk that want to go with us this time but they're worried about not getting in ,as they have nae voucher and cant buy a ticket at ER! Motherwell fc are taking a big financial hit on this, surely. why they did not try and set it up to try and get same money back is naebody's business! it sure aint clever though.Petrie will be laughin' his nuts off:wink: