PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays gone.

greenlex
20-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Right enough about yesterday. Huge game on Wed night.
Hows the team gonna line up?
Brown in goals?
Who starts up top?
4-5-1 OR 4-4-2?
Is Claros up to speed yet?
Will Doherty make it? Could do with him shackling Ojamaa.
The ref is Steve McLean the brother of former Motherwell player Brian McLean.
Can we get anything from the game?

S.sct
20-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Team basically the same as Sunday for me with Soares in for Spooney (if he's fit). Give the majority the chance to get the last game out of the system. Believe it or not I think Hibs will win.........:wink:

greenlex
20-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Team basically the same as Sunday for me with Soares in for Spooney (if he's fit). Give the majority the chance to get the last game out of the system. Believe it or not I think Hibs will win.........:wink:

Probably. You could toss a coin for the keeper for me. They are both vampires.

matty_f
20-02-2012, 06:28 PM
If Doherty's coupon is ok, I'd put him at right back and move Francomb to right mid at the expense of Wotherspoon, if Soares is fit then put him in instead of Francomb. Other than that, would keep it as it was yesterday and give the team an opportunity to redeem itself.

Hibs Class
20-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Only changes I'd make are I'd bring in Brown for Stack and O'Connor for Doyle.

matty_f
20-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Only changes I'd make are I'd bring in Brown for Stack and O'Connor for Doyle.

Although Stack had a shocker on Sunday, I think we desperately need some stability in the back four and goalkeeper positions, and so for me I'd resist the temptation to drop Stack and try and get the defence used to each other.

EasterRoad4Ever
20-02-2012, 06:32 PM
...and all I want is a smile :agree:

Hibs Class
20-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Although Stack had a shocker on Sunday, I think we desperately need some stability in the back four and goalkeeper positions, and so for me I'd resist the temptation to drop Stack and try and get the defence used to each other.

I see both sides. I think Pat has to make a call on whether or not he thinks Stack's confidence suffered as a result of yesterday - if he thinks it did then he should drop him, if he think's Stack's over it then keeping him in may not be a bad thing. Remember though, Brown's already played in a winning team at Fir Park this season.

BEEJ
20-02-2012, 11:02 PM
If you're currently the No. 2 (back-up) keeper and you watch the first choice keeper have a nightmare like yesterday's - but you still don't get the nod for the gloves three days later, then you know it's time to start looking for another club.

TornadoHibby
20-02-2012, 11:12 PM

Stack has had enough chances IMO!

Give Brown the gloves and let him have a run in the team!

GreenCastle
20-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Keep Stack - had a shocker on Sunday - but still think the defence is better with him playing than Brown.

Brown comes out for crosses more but still dodgy and doesn't communicate as well as Stack.

Think he will keep same team that started against Celtic - with only one change Doyle for GOC - unless Soares is fit.

Massive game - tough place to go right now - seems like they had a dip recently but picked up again - good news is Hibs seem to do well there and will be hoping to make up for the last 1v0 game which finished early with all 3 points :agree: Would take 1 point though.

Does LG have to play 90 mins with a yellow card from the 1st game?

Brebners Bookie
20-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Stack may not be a great keeper but he is a determined guy and i would back him to have a good game if given the chance.

------------Stack

Doherty--Mcpake--Hanlon--Kujabi

----Ozzy---Claros---Stevenson

Doyle (Soares if fit)------------Griffiths

---------------Gaz

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2012, 12:04 AM
hope the floodlights hold out :cb

yekimevol
21-02-2012, 09:48 AM
if paddy goes with his beloved 4-1-3-2 formation we will get hammered by the well :(

i honestly think that all he needs to do is move jorge carlos into center mid and not as a defencive midfielder in front of the back four. the wide players will be wide instead of coming narrow and leaving the wide areas exposed. Witch was obvious with how much pressure was a doherty in the last game and the number of times ozzy had to men to pick up.

stack
doherty mcpake hanlon kujabi
wortherspoon ozzy claros stevenson (booth if fit)
gazza super leigh

i think we can get a point with this team

:flag::flag::flag:

yekimevol
21-02-2012, 09:54 AM
If you're currently the No. 2 (back-up) keeper and you watch the first choice keeper have a nightmare like yesterday's - but you still don't get the nod for the gloves three days later, then you know it's time to start looking for another club.

what about stack when brown shipped, 2 against cowdenbeth, 2 against the pars, 3 against st johnstone and 4 against the huns ???? thats 11 in four games.

stack has player three and yes he may have conceded 5 but there were two clean sheets in there. I think we should forget about this game and focus on the next match

RIP
21-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Motherwell are flying

We will do well to take anything from this game

Fingers crossed

At The Edge
21-02-2012, 11:11 AM
The green tinted specs are back on again,

Stack
Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Rab Carlos

Soares
Claros
Ozzy
Stevenson

Sparky
O'Donovan

a point or 3 would be most welcome.

:pfgwa

Andy74
21-02-2012, 11:15 AM
The green tinted specs are back on again,

Stack
Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Rab Carlos

Soares
Claros
Ozzy
Stevenson

Sparky
O'Donovan

a point or 3 would be most welcome.

:pfgwa

O'Donovan? I don't really see the point in him as yet.

mcvie7
21-02-2012, 11:21 AM
if paddy goes with his beloved 4-1-3-2 formation we will get hammered by the well :(

i honestly think that all he needs to do is move jorge carlos into center mid and not as a defencive midfielder in front of the back four. the wide players will be wide instead of coming narrow and leaving the wide areas exposed. Witch was obvious with how much pressure was a doherty in the last game and the number of times ozzy had to men to pick up.

stack
doherty mcpake hanlon kujabi
wortherspoon ozzy claros stevenson (booth if fit)
gazza super leigh

i think we can get a point with this team

:flag::flag::flag:

so you would drop our most consistent player and put in booth who has never played left mid oh aye and hes s****

At The Edge
21-02-2012, 11:27 AM
O'Donovan? I don't really see the point in him as yet.

Purely on the fact he deserves a chance as our other strikers seemed to have lost their map and compass to where the goals are.
Gaz is honking just now, Doyle looked lost on Sun and the physical nature of the SPL has caught him out so far.
i know that Gaz has scored many important goals for us this season and i have no doubting his ability, but on current form, hes rank.
Subs bench for him
all my own opinion and be thankfull that i don't pick the team based on what i see for 90 minutes a week
:wink:

BEEJ
21-02-2012, 11:51 AM
what about stack when brown shipped, 2 against cowdenbeth, 2 against the pars, 3 against st johnstone and 4 against the huns ???? thats 11 in four games.

stack has player three and yes he may have conceded 5 but there were two clean sheets in there. I think we should forget about this game and focus on the next match
I can think of maybe two of those eleven goals where Brown may have been directly responsible. Certainly one against the Pars. The others were largely down to the back four playing in front of him at the time.

In contrast, three or four of the goals on Sunday were the subject of really poor goal-keeping.

Stack will probably end up keeping his place tomorrow. But if so, Brown knows he has no future at ER.

Ken
21-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Stack

Francombe Doherty McPake Kujabi

Soares Ozzy Claros Stevenson

Griffiths Doyle

....for me that is currently our strongest starting XI. :agree:

Doherty was a stand-out in the centre of defence alongside O'Hanlon against Aberdeen and strolled the game. I think him and McPake together would make a good partnership.

If Doherty and Soares are out then bring in Hanlon and Wotherspoon.

GGTTH

Diclonius
21-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Brown

Francomb Doherty McPake Kujabi

Soares Claros Osbourne Stevenson

Griffiths O'Connor