PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

ancienthibby
20-02-2012, 05:14 PM
On Radio Scotland, telling the reporter that the Stephen Fletcher issue is not one to be commented on!!

What an incompetent tube this so-called Manager is!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/6407137.stm

:grr::grr::grr:

PISTOL1875
20-02-2012, 05:20 PM
With the greatest of respect to you ,, I think that what Potter's take on the Fletcher issue is the last thing we should be worrying about...

hibbill2002
20-02-2012, 05:25 PM
With the greatest of respect to you ,, I think that what Potter's take on the Fletcher issue is the last thing we should be worrying about...

Aye, like why's O'Connor no in the squad?:confused:

PISTOL1875
20-02-2012, 05:29 PM

Tell me you're kidding ???? :confused::confused:

hibbill2002
20-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Tell me you're kidding ???? :confused::confused:

I'm kidding:wink:

PISTOL1875
20-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm kidding:wink:

Thank god for that.. :not worth:not worth

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-02-2012, 05:47 PM

He would bring much needed width.:rolleyes:

Steven_Hibs
20-02-2012, 06:02 PM
He would bring much needed width.:rolleyes:

Aye width round the belly area :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
20-02-2012, 06:03 PM

So when Hibs are crap, all discussion on other football should cease?

Scouse Hibee
20-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Another Englishman Matt Philips joins the Scotland squad!!!!

hughio
20-02-2012, 06:06 PM
If S Fletcher wants a game for Scotland he only has to say sorry.

Saorsa
20-02-2012, 06:12 PM
With the greatest of respect to you ,, I think that what Potter's take on the Fletcher issue is the last thing we should be worrying about...Aye, we should worry more about teams from Manchester :agree:

MSK
20-02-2012, 06:13 PM
So when Hibs are crap, all discussion on other football should cease?Of course man ..theres threads having a pop at Fenlon, Spoony, Stevenson, Billy Brown, Stack, East mains, The Singing section (now closed) Garry O's face painting job & Garry O's ever expanding girth ....& much much more ..:aok:

Sylar
20-02-2012, 06:14 PM
I couldn't help but laugh to read that Levein is expected to give Craig Gordon a call-up for the upcoming friendly against Slovenia, having spent pretty much all of this season on a treatment table.

We need our best players playing for us and the Fletcher saga is beyond ridiculous.

clerriehibs
20-02-2012, 07:12 PM
On Radio Scotland, telling the reporter that the Stephen Fletcher issue is not one to be commented on!!

What an incompetent tube this so-called Manager is!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/6407137.stm

:grr::grr::grr:

bottom line is hp is being paid good money to do a job foe the sfa. Letting his ego get in the way means he's not doing the job to the best of his abilities.

bighairyfaeleith
20-02-2012, 07:40 PM

aye right, SF will never play under potter, whether he was to apologies or not. Not that he has anything to apologise for mind!!

matty_f
20-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Steven Fletcher : asked to be left out of the squad for a friendly.

Andy Driver : ditched Scotland to actually play for England U21's.

Which one did Harry Potter recently say he wanted in the Scotland squad once he's playing regularly?

I'll give you a clue - he's pish, plays in the SPL for a team that struggles to pay players.

Harry Potter is a ******* welt.:agree:

Ozyhibby
20-02-2012, 08:09 PM
aye right, SF will never play under potter, whether he was to apologies or not. Not that he has anything to apologise for mind!!

He's not been asked to apologise. All he has been asked to do is contact the SFA and make himself available again. He does not even have to contact levein himself. If that's to much for him then that's too bad.
And those complaining about another
Englishman getting a call up should remember that Fletcher is English as well.

PISTOL1875
20-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Aye, we should worry more about teams from Manchester :agree:

The only team you need to worry about from Manchester is the team who is currently top of the league... At least worrying about them is somewhat enjoyable...

Saorsa
20-02-2012, 08:17 PM
The only team you need to worry about from Manchester is the team who is currently top of the league... At least worrying about them is somewhat enjoyable...Wrong! I dinnae need tae worry about or give a toss about any of them.

Perhaps I should have put one of these :rolleyes: on my original post.

Future17
20-02-2012, 08:17 PM
He's taking a risk in not picking Fletcher - one which may eventually cost him his job. It all depends on whether we score goals without him. His stance with Fletcher is one thing, but he has claimed previously that players need to be playing and on form. His choice of "forwards" for this game is:

Milller - hasn't scored in his last 6 games.

Mackie - scored 2 in his last game, but prior to that hadn't scored since December.

Goodwillie - Scored 4 goals since moving to Blackburn in August. 3 of those were practically accidental and 1 was after he blocked his team-mate's goal-bound effort. Doesn't look fit.

Mackail-Smith - 1 goal since November.

Worrying.

Cocaine&Caviar
20-02-2012, 08:20 PM
So thats 7 Englishmen in the squad:

Martin
Gilks
Phillips
Morisson
Mikael Smith
Mackie
Bardsley

GTF Levein.

No.4
20-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Steven Fletcher : asked to be left out of the squad for a friendly.

Andy Driver : ditched Scotland to actually play for England U21's.

Which one did Harry Potter recently say he wanted in the Scotland squad once he's playing regularly?

I'll give you a clue - he's pish, plays in the SPL for a team that struggles to pay players.

Harry Potter is a ******* welt.:agree:

I genuinely think SF should just bite the bullet and tell HP he's available again. No apology, just I'm available.

However, on reading your post I can find no argument to your logic and am in complete agreement! :top marks

Westie1875
20-02-2012, 08:27 PM
He's not been asked to apologise. All he has been asked to do is contact the SFA and make himself available again. He does not even have to contact levein himself. If that's to much for him then that's too bad.

Fletcher has stated publicly more than once that he wants to play for Scotland and also confirmed that he did not ask to be left out of future squads. The fact that Potter is choosing to ignore this because he hasn't personally been contacted with a groveling apology, and is meanwhile calling up a bunch of Englishmen really sums him up, a pathetic, petty and arrogant man, the sooner he is away from the national team the better.

Love the Green
20-02-2012, 08:34 PM

for what exactly

one day maybe...
20-02-2012, 08:34 PM
A quote from the Guardian 15th of Oct last year, Craig Levein

"This is the critical bit. If Steven Fletcher – and I hope he does – wants to come back and play for Scotland, he won't be treated any differently to anybody else, provided he stays within the guidelines."

The ball is firmly in Fletcher's court. Thus far, there is little evidence of him being inclined to return it.

As has already been quoted by others all SF has to do is say I want to be considered for Scotland to the SFA and the ball is then in Potters court.

Ps. I am not sticking up for Harry Potter here, his conduct in this is just as bad, but he is the manager and he has said what he feels has to be done by SF.

Backing down now, on that stance would undermine his authority.

Link to the article
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/oct/15/craig-levein-steven-fletcher-scotland

Velma Dinkley
20-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Fletcher is already being treated differently to everyone else. Levein's comments continually baffle me :confused:

YehButNoBut
20-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Only picking 4 forwards for the squad says a lot about Leveins approach to the game. :giruy:

HibbyAndy
20-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Fletcher has stated publicly more than once that he wants to play for Scotland and also confirmed that he did not ask to be left out of future squads. The fact that Potter is choosing to ignore this because he hasn't personally been contacted with a groveling apology, and is meanwhile calling up a bunch of Englishmen really sums him up, a pathetic, petty and arrogant man, the sooner he is away from the national team the better.

Nail, Hammer, Head

Levein is a twat.

Drewster
20-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Managers pick squads - players don't pick themselves!

If Mr Levein wants to select one of Scotland's best young strikers in his squad
all he needs to do is ask if he is available for selection?

Instead he has chosen to ignore this talented young player (who made a mistake,
along with others who are now selected - Charlie Adams - in criticising the manager)
so that he can be seen to winning a petty, pig headed victory against a young boy
who is scoring in the EPL most weeks???

No wonder Scottish football is suffering if this is one our role models?

HibbyAndy
20-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Managers pick squads - players don't pick themselves!

If Mr Levein wants to select one of Scotland's best young strikers in his squad
all he needs to do is ask if he is available for selection?

Instead he has chosen to ignore this talented young player (who made a mistake,
along with others who are now selected - Charlie Adams - in criticising the manager)
so that he can be seen to winning a petty, pig headed victory against a young boy
who is scoring in the EPL most weeks???

No wonder Scottish football is suffering if this is one our role models?

Four words.....

Barry Ferguson, Alan Mcgregor.

Potter went cap in hand begging to these players to return to the national set-up..After both players making a total mockery of Scotland, Absolute smack in the puss for Fletcher, Get this Hearts runt to ****!!!!!

.Sean.
20-02-2012, 10:17 PM
He's taking a risk in not picking Fletcher - one which may eventually cost him his job. It all depends on whether we score goals without him. His stance with Fletcher is one thing, but he has claimed previously that players need to be playing and on form. His choice of "forwards" for this game is:

Milller - hasn't scored in his last 6 games.

Mackie - scored 2 in his last game, but prior to that hadn't scored since December.

Goodwillie - Scored 4 goals since moving to Blackburn in August. 3 of those were practically accidental and 1 was after he blocked his team-mate's goal-bound effort. Doesn't look fit.

Mackail-Smith - 1 goal since November.

Worrying.
It's not really a worry omitting on-form goalscorers from the squad when you're a negative bawbag who thinks it's a bright idea not playing a striker though is it?

Levein = :nerd::brokenyam::asshole:

Seveno
21-02-2012, 06:45 AM
He declined to pick Fletch before because he wasn't getting a regular place in the Wolves team. Craig Gordon gets picked because he is getting a regular place on Sunderland's treatment table.

Is that odious man Levein biased ? Of course not. :cb

Hibstrooper
21-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Whilst we are having a moan about Levein's blatant double standards lets not forget his reason for leaving O'Connor out the squad earlier in the season when he was top striker in the country due to his off field court case however then going on to play Goodwillie who had much more serious allegations hanging over his head.

His excuse this time - oh he didn't know Goodwillie had any charges! This despite everyone in Scotland knowing as it had been plastered all over the press and Goodwillie actually having to rush back from the Scotland squad straight to his trial!

The man is a blatant liar and I actually find it offensive that this classless welt is manager of our national team.

Cropley10
21-02-2012, 07:19 AM

Fletcher is not English :rolleyes:

Beefster
21-02-2012, 07:30 AM

No, he doesn't. He just has to say "I want to be considered again".

H18sry
21-02-2012, 07:43 AM
No, he doesn't. He just has to say "I want to be considered again".

He has said he wants to be selected again in the papers but Levein want's him to go begging it seems .

It's not just Fletcher, here is McCormacks view on not being selected again, http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4142593/Why-do-you-keep-snubbing-me-Craig.html

"I don't feel as if I will be in a squad no matter if I score goals or not. It is hard to take as people keep telling me I am going to be in the next squad or should be in it.

"Meanwhile, you have Craig Mackail-Smith who is not playing for his club, Jamie Mackie is not playing for his club and David Goodwillie is not playing for his club.

"The only striker in the squad who is playing for his club is Kenny Miller.

"I'd understand if they'd scored a lot more goals than me, but they haven't.

"I have scored 15 goals in 26 starts in the league and I think that speaks for itself.

"I have been playing pretty well in the last few games for Leeds and I know there is plenty more to come from me.

"I have no idea why I am not in the squad.

"But it must be something as there has been no contact whatsoever since I played in the Carling Nations Cup in Ireland last year."

"It is Craig Levein's decision and if he doesn't fancy me and doesn't want to put me in the squad then that is completely up to him.

"I don't have a problem with Craig, I am just gutted I am not in his squad.

"I have been trying to phone Mick Oliver but he hasn't answered the phone to me. No one will tell me why I haven't been in the last few squads."

"I am Scottish and I love playing for Scotland. That is why I am disappointed I've not been in the squad. It is a dream to play for Scotland but it looks as if my face doesn't fit.

"Maybe it is the formation he plays, maybe he doesn't think I can play in that formation. But I just have to somehow keep it out of my head and keep doing what I am doing for my club and maybe the call will come.

"I am not going to hold my breath. I have holidays at the end of the season but that can be easily cancelled."

"I don't know what is going on there.

"Fletch is a good guy and I am sure he would like to play for Scotland.

"But obviously something has been said or happened for him not to be in the squad."

LEVEIN DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND GET TO ****

Judas Iscariot
21-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Maybe he doesn't WANT to play for Scotland under Potter :confused:

Would anyone blame him :rolleyes:

Hainan Hibs
21-02-2012, 08:31 AM
He really is sapping a lot of my enthusiasm for the nation team. It depresses me this man is going to **** up a trip to Brazil for everyone!

Because of egos and god knows what with his attitude to McCormack we are two strikers down and play dross that actually would prefer to play for another country.

With the qualification group we are in we are going to have to attack and have goalscorers available. Levein's ego and generally ******** demeanour has us doomed before we've kicked a ball.

Since90+2
21-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Fletcher is not English :rolleyes:

He was born in England.

johnrebus
21-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Who is Potter's boss at the SFA?

Can't be long till Potter is told to shave, dress properly and pick the best players available, no?

Surely?

:confused:

Judas Iscariot
21-02-2012, 08:50 AM
He was born in England.

If a cat is born in a stable does that make it a horse?

_hucks_
21-02-2012, 08:50 AM

for what exactly

Pulling out a squad by text. Unprofessional, and certainly not something you'd get away with in any other workplace.

johnrebus
21-02-2012, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=Love the Green;3122878]

Pulling out a squad by text. Unprofessional, and certainly not something you'd get away with in any other workplace.

Fletcher was informed of his inclusion in the squad by text and replied by text.

:cb

Beefster
21-02-2012, 08:53 AM
He has said he wants to be selected again in the papers but Levein want's him to go begging it seems .

If you think the sentence "I'd like to be considered again" is begging, we obviously think in entirely different ways.

Since90+2
21-02-2012, 09:01 AM

No it would make it a cat , surely?

Fletcher never moved to Scotland until he was 10 , spending most of his time until then in England aswell as being born there. Does that not make him English?

leither17
21-02-2012, 09:42 AM
No it would make it a cat , surely?

Fletcher never moved to Scotland until he was 10 , spending most of his time until then in England aswell as being born there. Does that not make him English?

Speaks with a scottish accent lived here for most of his life and wanted to be capped by us and only us didn't choose scotland cause another country was not interested

JimBHibees
21-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Speaks with a scottish accent lived here for most of his life and wanted to be capped by us and only us didn't choose scotland cause another country was not interested

From what I remember his late father was also Scottish and was in one of the armed forces hence the reason he was down south. I would consider that Scottish to me.

On another point, Matt Phillips is a very good talent and if Scotland can get him then that is a serious plus IMO.

Since90+2
21-02-2012, 10:32 AM
From what I remember his late father was also Scottish and was in one of the armed forces hence the reason he was down south. I would consider that Scottish to me.

On another point, Matt Phillips is a very good talent and if Scotland can get him then that is a serious plus IMO.

His dad was English.

Back to the main point of the thread Levein needs to be the senior party and offer an olive branch. With the Worlf Cup qualifying group we have we have next to nae chance of getting through it without Fletcher.

Love the Green
21-02-2012, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=Love the Green;3122878]

The year is 2012 and I bet 80% of people who are not attending their workplace for whatever reason contact the manager by text.

"keep the faith":confused:

CorrieHibs
21-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Levein is a idiot. He should never got the job in the first place. Some of his squads have been questionable. McCormack haa scored 15 goals in the championship this season yet he picks Miller and Mackail- Smith ahaead of him. Mackail-Smith doesn't even get his game for Brighton. Plus at least McCormack is Scottish.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Fletcher should be picked, Potter could rectify this with including him in the squad, if Fletcher declined he'd look a fool.

Potter is not picking the best players available, his stubborn attitude is actually hindering us. As others have said, he's a welt and should be sacked, should have been sacked anyway just for his tactics, team selections and failure to reach the play offs.

silverhibee
21-02-2012, 01:18 PM

It's not just Fletcher, here is McCormacks view on not being selected again, http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4142593/Why-do-you-keep-snubbing-me-Craig.html

"I don't feel as if I will be in a squad no matter if I score goals or not. It is hard to take as people keep telling me I am going to be in the next squad or should be in it.

"Meanwhile, you have Craig Mackail-Smith who is not playing for his club, Jamie Mackie is not playing for his club and David Goodwillie is not playing for his club.

"The only striker in the squad who is playing for his club is Kenny Miller.

"I'd understand if they'd scored a lot more goals than me, but they haven't.

"I have scored 15 goals in 26 starts in the league and I think that speaks for itself.

"I have been playing pretty well in the last few games for Leeds and I know there is plenty more to come from me.

"I have no idea why I am not in the squad.

"But it must be something as there has been no contact whatsoever since I played in the Carling Nations Cup in Ireland last year."

"It is Craig Levein's decision and if he doesn't fancy me and doesn't want to put me in the squad then that is completely up to him.

"I don't have a problem with Craig, I am just gutted I am not in his squad.

"I have been trying to phone Mick Oliver but he hasn't answered the phone to me. No one will tell me why I haven't been in the last few squads."

"I am Scottish and I love playing for Scotland. That is why I am disappointed I've not been in the squad. It is a dream to play for Scotland but it looks as if my face doesn't fit.

"Maybe it is the formation he plays, maybe he doesn't think I can play in that formation. But I just have to somehow keep it out of my head and keep doing what I am doing for my club and maybe the call will come.

"I am not going to hold my breath. I have holidays at the end of the season but that can be easily cancelled."

"I don't know what is going on there.

"Fletch is a good guy and I am sure he would like to play for Scotland.

"But obviously something has been said or happened for him not to be in the squad."

LEVEIN DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND GET TO ****

Liar Liar pants on fire. :greengrin

Levin is an :asshole:

Saorsa
21-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Fletcher has stated publicly more than once that he wants to play for Scotland and also confirmed that he did not ask to be left out of future squads. The fact that Potter is choosing to ignore this because he hasn't personally been contacted with a groveling apology, and is meanwhile calling up a bunch of Englishmen really sums him up, a pathetic, petty and arrogant man, the sooner he is away from the national team the better.:agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/Hammering_in.gif

http://s15.postimage.org/n5wjrea8r/PRICK.jpg

bighairyfaeleith
21-02-2012, 01:40 PM
so just to summarise for anyone that can't be arsed reading the thread

levein is a big hairy nipple

Hibstrooper
21-02-2012, 02:06 PM
so just to summarise for anyone that can't be arsed reading the thread

levein is a big hairy nipple

You seem to like things big and hairy :greengrin

SteveHFC
21-02-2012, 02:11 PM
No McCormack. Levein can GTF.

soupy
21-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Levein, you c@@@, GTF, for the sake of the whole country, you yam b@57@?9!

Nailrod
21-02-2012, 02:44 PM
My scrotum has a manlier beard than Levein's face.

bighairyfaeleith
21-02-2012, 02:48 PM
You seem to like things big and hairy :greengrin

aye but I draw the line at a hairy jambo!!:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
21-02-2012, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=_hucks_;3123112]

The year is 2012 and I bet 80% of people who are not attending their workplace for whatever reason contact the manager by text.

"keep the faith":confused:[/SIZE]

Have you ever considered the usage of a signature, possibly incorporating the line "Keep the faith" to save you typing it after each post?

It probably annoys me far more than it should. But it does annoy me. And that's something I have to work on.

AlbertK86
21-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Levein is an effin erse who makes up excuses and contradicts himself continually. His negativity playing no forwards - something that not even San Marino do - As far as I am concerned cost us a place in the Euros.... Total ham shanker of the highest order

HibbyAndy
21-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Potter should have been sacked for playing a 1-10-0 formation against the shightest Czech team in history, And he should have been bitch slapped for defending his formation afterwards!!! Hearts barsteward.

One Day Soon
21-02-2012, 08:46 PM

That's fantastic. Fantastic. Were the cat's parents horses or cats, or horses and cats?

woody47
21-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Definition in the oxford dictionary:
HP = :asshole:
What makes his selections even worse is the fact that he has picked the plooky one just because he has started to play in the reserves. FFS, it is the best players available we should be picking not ones who are coming back from major injuries.
Never liked this pr!ck, never will and whilst he is manager of our squad we will be the laughing stock of world football. So just GTF potter!

EasterRoad4Ever
22-02-2012, 05:43 AM
This will keep coming back to Levein, as Fletcher will shortly be playing with a top 6 EPL club.

Levein is a egotistical, conceited idiot. He has proven this on numerous occasions and no one expects him to grow up any time soon.

Part/Time Supporter
22-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Definition in the oxford dictionary:
HP = :asshole:
What makes his selections even worse is the fact that he has picked the plooky one just because he has started to play in the reserves. FFS, it is the best players available we should be picking not ones who are coming back from major injuries.
Never liked this pr!ck, never will and whilst he is manager of our squad we will be the laughing stock of world football. So just GTF potter!

Call me a cynic, but his selections clearly favour Hearts.

eg1 he picked Ryan Stevenson in the last squad. This boosts his profile and Hearts get a wee transfer fee for him in January. Now he is with Ipswich, there is no sign of Stevenson in this squad.

eg2 recalling Gordon for this squad. It has been well publicised by Hearts that they need Gordon to make more appearances for Sunderland to activate an appearance-contingent part of his transfer fee. There is no sign of Gordon getting picked for Sunderland, then all of a sudden Levein picks him for Scotland. Presumably he will also get half of the game against Slovenia to "aid in his rehabilitation" (ie get him back in the Sunderland first XI to make Hearts a few quid).

jonty
22-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Call me a cynic, but his selections clearly favour Hearts.

eg1 he picked Ryan Stevenson in the last squad. This boosts his profile and Hearts get a wee transfer fee for him in January. Now he is with Ipswich, there is no sign of Stevenson in this squad.

eg2 recalling Gordon for this squad. It has been well publicised by Hearts that they need Gordon to make more appearances for Sunderland to activate an appearance-contingent part of his transfer fee. There is no sign of Gordon getting picked for Sunderland, then all of a sudden Levein picks him for Scotland. Presumably he will also get half of the game against Slovenia to "aid in his rehabilitation" (ie get him back in the Sunderland first XI to make Hearts a few quid).

Cynic

But strangely enough :greengrin, I agree.

CorrieHibs
22-02-2012, 11:57 AM
The latest from that idiot we have in charge:

Scotland boss Craig Levein says Ross McCormack's omission from the national squad is an indication of how many good strikers he has to choose from. (The Scotsman

Mackail-Smith 7 goals in league this season.

9 goals in 30 games for baked bean heid for Cardiff

So mackail smith and baked bean have 17 between them in all competitions

We've got such great strikers.

bighairyfaeleith
22-02-2012, 12:19 PM

Scotland boss Craig Levein says Ross McCormack's omission from the national squad is an indication of how many good strikers he has to choose from. (The Scotsman

Thats a lot of goals for Leveins teams though:rolleyes:

KeithTheHibby
22-02-2012, 12:25 PM

What a prize A fanny that man really is.

Broken Gnome
22-02-2012, 12:38 PM

If anyone were to specifically ask him why Goodwillie and to a lesser extent Mackail-Smith (different type of forward in fairness) were picked ahead of McCormack, he'd ban that journalist for life on the grounds that there is no logical answer to it.

Slavering fool, even putting aside any bias over Steven Fletcher.