PDA

View Full Version : the wall

Hibiza
20-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Mulgrews free kick, Horrible to see backs being turned. Says it all really.

greenlex
20-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Harsh. I think the ball was past them at that point and wouldnt have made any difference to be honest.

Hibiza
20-02-2012, 06:38 PM
thats why i said it prob woudn't have made anydifference. Still not good to see.

Bostonhibby
20-02-2012, 06:40 PM
From where I was sitting in the FF - looking at it directly from behind- Stack wasn't positioned to get anywhere near it and the wall was giving far too much goal for him to shoot at, piss work from all concerned, my mate said it would be a goal and exactly where Mulgrew would put it.

nonshinyfinish
20-02-2012, 06:47 PM
thats why i said it prob woudn't have made anydifference. Still not good to see.

Where did you say that?

IMO Stack was to blame at the free kick. It was on his side of the goal and not in the corner - should be saved every time.

franck sauzee
20-02-2012, 06:48 PM
From where I was sitting in the FF - looking at it directly from behind- Stack wasn't positioned to get anywhere near it and the wall was giving far too much goal for him to shoot at, piss work from all concerned, my mate said it would be a goal and exactly where Mulgrew would put it.

Stack was absolutely shocking yesterday. Regarding the free kick the wall didn't look like it was setup right. Stack then takes a step to his left. He shouldnt have been worrying about that side as he should have had the wall covering it. It wasn't even a good free kick. We seriously need a decent keeper. Stack is terrible. Stays on his line all the time, distribution is horrendous. He must have been at fault in at least 3 of the goals.

greenlex
20-02-2012, 06:55 PM
no you didnt.:confused:

Scouse Hibee
20-02-2012, 06:59 PM
What does it say? Stack positioned the wall and then took a step back towards the West leaving himself no chance of getting to where we all knew the ball was going.

Steven_Hibs
20-02-2012, 07:01 PM
We never have any luck when it comes to GK's. It's about time we got a decent one. There must be some down in England or abroad that can do better, look at Dundee Utd, they know how to spot a GK

TrinityHibs
20-02-2012, 07:06 PM
The position of the wall and their body form had nothing to do with that goal. Mulgrew was aiming at Stacks heid and would have got it but for the goalie shuffling towards the west stand.

truehibernian
20-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Brown's gloves for me against 'Well.....even listening to McCall's appraisal on Sportsound, and Collins' on Sky, of the goals, you can already tell he thinks two were 'avoidable'.....every manager in the SPL sees Stack's failing.

Goals from Jamie Murphy, Austin McCann, Jon Daly, McGowan, and Stokes at ER have all come from failure to close down crosses, but all whipped into the six yard, back post area......none have been dealt with. He is simply rooted. Like others noted though, it's the first time I have seen those around him criticising and berating him (on Sunday).

If you play Stack, apart from corners and set pieces, your full backs need to be tight, alert, and the man in possession closed down quickly. If not, opposition will drill balls into the area all day long knowing he won't come and command.

EasterRoad4Ever
20-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Where did you say that?

IMO Stack was to blame at the free kick. It was on his side of the goal and not in the corner - should be saved every time.

:agree: 100% Stacks fault.

S.sct
20-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Not seen a replay of the goal but was wee Stevenson not on that end of the wall? Not very clever to have one of the smallest guys on the park on either end IMO.

Jonnyboy
20-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Stack's fault - no argument

AlbertK86
21-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Stack was absolutely shocking yesterday. Regarding the free kick the wall didn't look like it was setup right. Stack then takes a step to his left. He shouldnt have been worrying about that side as he should have had the wall covering it. It wasn't even a good free kick. We seriously need a decent keeper. Stack is terrible. Stays on his line all the time, distribution is horrendous. He must have been at fault in at least 3 of the goals.

Spot on. Have.been saying how poor he is for months

Gala Foxes
21-02-2012, 05:53 AM
the attempt to save Hooper's 2nd was at best poor - like an earlier poster said Dundee Utd (& Hearts) seem capable of consistently finding good low budget keepers. We on the other hand have fumbled from one dodgy keeper to another for the last 10+ years

Jonnyboy
21-02-2012, 08:05 PM
the attempt to save Hooper's 2nd was at best poor - like an earlier poster said Dundee Utd (& Hearts) seem capable of consistently finding good low budget keepers. We on the other hand have fumbled from one dodgy keeper to another for the last 10+ years

Hmmm I like that .......... a fumble of keepers :greengrin