PDA

View Full Version : is the Staduim too BIG

happiehibbie
20-02-2012, 08:05 AM
What has happened to Football playing a Game at 3pm on a Sunday. I belive football has sold is soul to the TV the attendance yesterday was nothing far short ofembracement to all of us.

we need to sort the ground out I would possibly shut one Stand, I would also consider moving everyone forward so that the lower sections off then stands are full and when cameras pan round it will make the place look a bit busier.

I also think that Hibs need to look at our season tickets for next season why not offer a massive diffrence in price from regular ticket prices if we bought them before lets say March April.

the SPL and SFA need help all football teams to get the people back into the grounds to watch football :flag:

The Sea-gull
20-02-2012, 08:20 AM
What has happened to Football playing a Game at 3pm on a Sunday. I belive football has sold is soul to the TV the attendance yesterday was nothing far short ofembracement to all of us.

we need to sort the ground out I would possibly shut one Stand, I would also consider moving everyone forward so that the lower sections off then stands are full and when cameras pan round it will make the place look a bit busier.

I also think that Hibs need to look at our season tickets for next season why not offer a massive diffrence in price from regular ticket prices if we bought them before lets say March April.

the SPL and SFA need help all football teams to get the people back into the grounds to watch football :flag:

Not sure I would shut a stand as things have not go that bad just yet but agree that the top tier of the North Stand (Famous 5) and the non corporate sections of the top tier of the west stand should be closed. this might create a bit of a better atmosphere.

The trouble we have is we have ended up with a big stadium right at a time where the team and the economy is as bad as it has been in years. So you end up with fans struggling for money and having to make a decision on what to spend their income on and the way the team has been playing you cannot blame folk for choosing not to spend it going to ER.

The other thing about the new east is everyone who still goes to games, seems to go there. The west and the north in particular are pretty empty now but if you look at the east it is often quite full. The Aberdeen game the other week for example, the east looked more or less full to me but the north and west were very dissappointing.

The new East makes the stadium look good but has ruined the atmosphere. Can't help but think a smaller stand with a low roof running down the side of the stadium would have been better as it would have better retained the atmosphere of the old east and would have been a lot cheaper. Surely with today's technology, a stand could have been designed in a way that it could have been extended if crowds picked up in the future.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Been saying this for a long time now, tv football is slowly killing Scottish football. I suppose club chairmen are caught between a rock and a hard place, but for me there's only one answer. 3pm football on a Saturday, no live games except maybe a midweek cup tie.

Eventually grounds will be empty, will they keep broadcasting when that happens?

killie-hibby
20-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Been saying this for a long time now, tv football is slowly killing Scottish football. I suppose club chairmen are caught between a rock and a hard place, but for me there's only one answer. 3pm football on a Saturday, no live games except maybe a midweek cup tie.

Eventually grounds will be empty, will they keep broadcasting when that happens?

Sadly,chairmen/club directors have a much higher regard for TV sports package subscribers than for cash paying supporters.

Elephant Stone
20-02-2012, 11:08 AM
It's too big for televised games which cost £28 to attend, something needs to change.

StevieC
20-02-2012, 11:26 AM
we need to sort the ground out I would possibly shut one Stand

It's an idea, and the FF would be the obvoius choice. Not sure whether that is possible though as it used for quite a few other things as well (club shop, "Behind The Goals", catering staff, etc.) and is also the designated "Family" area.

If it was possible though, it might be worth considering.

Totally agree.

I think they'll keep broadcasting but, as the overall interest would be reduced by that stage, I don't think they'd be offering as much TV cash.

Broken Gnome
20-02-2012, 11:38 AM
It's too big for televised games which cost £28 to attend, something needs to change.

Exactly. That bring a 'non-database mate' on Sunday was not cut-price was it? As good as it is that they're making efforts, that's still 28 quid that people can quite easily use as an excuse for not bothering. A bloody good excuse as well.

On a vaguely similar note, Hibs had good crowds during the run-in of the season we went down. When does that kick in this year? Or is the cost too much of an obstacle for even that?

Scouse Hibee
20-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Not sure I would shut a stand as things have not go that bad just yet but agree that the top tier of the North Stand (Famous 5) and the non corporate sections of the top tier of the west stand should be closed. this might create a bit of a better atmosphere.

The trouble we have is we have ended up with a big stadium right at a time where the team and the economy is as bad as it has been in years. So you end up with fans struggling for money and having to make a decision on what to spend their income on and the way the team has been playing you cannot blame folk for choosing not to spend it going to ER.

The other thing about the new east is everyone who still goes to games, seems to go there. The west and the north in particular are pretty empty now but if you look at the east it is often quite full. The Aberdeen game the other week for example, the east looked more or less full to me but the north and west were very dissappointing.

The new East makes the stadium look good but has ruined the atmosphere. Can't help but think a smaller stand with a low roof running down the side of the stadium would have been better as it would have better retained the atmosphere of the old east and would have been a lot cheaper. Surely with today's technology, a stand could have been designed in a way that it could have been extended if crowds picked up in the future.

Close the top tier or our MAIN stand..........................nonsense! As for your comment about the East being often quite full???? I sit in the West Upper and my eyes must be bad as I look across if that's a full stand!

machibby
20-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Ticket prices are totally over the top for what's on offer. Would have been £42 for me and my 9 year old son to attend yesterday and personally don't have that money to burn, when the games on tv. If it was cheaper to go to games I'd go to all of them, now though I have to pick and choose.

The Green Goblin
20-02-2012, 11:45 AM
East looked badly empty at each end during the 3 home games I went to while I was back recently, and that included the derby.

Agree with blackpoolhibs' comment about sat 3pm.

Gatecrasher
20-02-2012, 11:46 AM
I am glad we built the stand, the old one was a mess and the atmosphere (while slightly better) wasn't as great as made out. IIRC the planning permission was running out which forced hibs hand a bit. When we return to having a good team on the park the place will be buzzing again, though im not sure how long until that happens. :wink:

GreenCastle
20-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I would move the family section to the lower west - closest to the Famous Five.

I would make the Famous Five lower - the supporters section or signing section - whatever you want to call it. Allow fans to bring flags - do displays etc to create noise - put opposition keepers off and be centrally located to try and generate noise. I agree the roof of the East does keep some noise in but still think fans would sit in the East and we would have 2 areas signing. (Obviously when there is something to sing about on the pitch).

In the East I would do this to the stand - http://bermanphotos.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/sounders_galaxy_db_04.jpg to the parts not being sat in - to make everyone in the East closer together - rather than spread out - would mean closing side and possibly top last few rows at the back ?

marinello59
20-02-2012, 11:48 AM

Complete and utter garbage. The East has been nowhere near being full for ages. There are gaps spread equally around the whole of the home support. Trying to claim uber fan status for a particular stand is childish nonsense.

kennyh
20-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I would close FF Upper next season with the exception of corporate seats
I would make FF Lower for families only.

I would stop ST sales in what was the Old South section of the old stand so that if we cant sell T's to home fans when the likes of CFC are here then give them more T's when demand is there. I hate saying that but as Hibs now conrol sales of T's to them we will have a real idea of demand and lets face it I am sure yesterday we could have had an extra 3000 of them for their wee ice cream and jelly party. I know its not ideal but that would be worth ~ 70K for Hibs. If demand isnt that big which it isnt always going to be from the OF Hibs simply dont bother selling T's to that section and of course when we can fill it ourselves again that is even better but we all know thats a good while away.

marinello59
20-02-2012, 11:50 AM

I would make the Famous Five lower - the supporters section or signing section - whatever you want to call it. Allow fans to bring flags - do displays etc to create noise - put opposition keepers off and be centrally located to try and generate noise. I agree the roof of the East does keep some noise in but still think fans would sit in the East and we would have 2 areas signing. (Obviously when there is something to sing about on the pitch).

In the East I would do this to the stand - http://bermanphotos.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/sounders_galaxy_db_04.jpg to the parts not being sat in - to make everyone in the East closer together - rather than spread out - would mean closing side and possibly top last few rows at the back ?

There is no designated family section at Easter Road and hasn't been for some time. Family ticket deals are available in all sections of the ground aren't they?

Andy74
20-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Before CC arrived we were using the extra seats now and again.

We'll be back. In any case the thing has been built so let's stop mumping about it and get on with some positive backing of the team.

greenlad
20-02-2012, 11:55 AM
It's an idea, and the FF would be the obvoius choice. Not sure whether that is possible though as it used for quite a few other things as well (club shop, "Behind The Goals", catering staff, etc.) and is also the designated "Family" area.

If it was possible though, it might be worth considering.

Love the way people who probably don't even sit in that stand are intent on the "sacrifice" in closing the Famous Five stand - why not close the East stand?! Sorry forgot thats where the mentalists sit who create Easter Road's magnificent intimdating atmosphere which makes Hibs near unbeatable at home - we can't do anything to upset them. By definition those who have had the same seat in the FF (as I have - for 17 seasons!) since it opened are the longest serving season ticket holders in the same seat and yet our seats should be sacrificed?

I assume if this idea was passed ALL existing season ticket holder would lose their right to retain their existing seat automotically in order to give the FF holders moving to the East or West equal chance of getting "good seats"?

We should be looking at ways to expand the support, not to limit people's choice of where to sit (many people prefer sitting behind the goals rather than sitting along the side where at times its like watching a game of tennis) which will only alienate existing supporters.

IberianHibernian
20-02-2012, 11:57 AM
For next season, give away fans at category B matches south corner of West Stand ( about 1000 seats ). For category A matches away fans will have that part of West and all of South . Sell cheap ( say equivalent of 12 pounds a match ) category B season tickets for lower South and FF ( still family ) and have cheap walk up price ( 15 pounds per match ) . STHs in South and FF would have option of topping up ST with seat in West or West for Cat A matches . Would improve atmosphere and look better on telly with Hibs fans at both ends of ground . Away fans couldn`t complain about paying higher as their part would be equivalent of home fans in West and East .

StevieC
20-02-2012, 12:03 PM
There is no designated family section at Easter Road and hasn't been for some time. Family ticket deals are available in all sections of the ground aren't they?

I could be wrong, but I always thought that the FF Lower (family) season tickets were cheaper than elsewhere.

If they close that area then they should really be offering a family deal to match it.

madabouthibs
20-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Ticket prices are totally over the top for what's on offer. Would have been £42 for me and my 9 year old son to attend yesterday and personally don't have that money to burn, when the games on tv. If it was cheaper to go to games I'd go to all of them, now though I have to pick and choose.
Same here.
I usually make 10 to 15 games a season with my lad, only been to 4 so far this season though. :(

Scouse Hibee
20-02-2012, 12:09 PM
For next season, give away fans at category B matches south corner of West Stand ( about 1000 seats ). For category A matches away fans will have that part of West and all of South . Sell cheap ( say equivalent of 12 pounds a match ) category B season tickets for lower South and FF ( still family ) and have cheap walk up price ( 15 pounds per match ) . STHs in South and FF would have option of topping up ST with seat in West or West for Cat A matches . Would improve atmosphere and look better on telly with Hibs fans at both ends of ground . Away fans couldn`t complain about paying higher as their part would be equivalent of home fans in West and East .

Another one!! I couldn't give flying **** what it looks like on TV. It's what it looks like on the pitch while I'm there that matters to me.

easty
20-02-2012, 12:11 PM
I'd close the Famous Five upper, I'd make (not me personally) a massive flag covering the whole area with Franks face on it and the line "GOD IS WATCHING".

Then I'd turn every other second seat in the stadium into a fold out table for folk to put thier laptops on (with free wi-fi access) so that we could all come on Hibs.net and complain that nobody is even trying, except Stevenson obviously, and discuss what shade of orange Gaz is looking that week.

StevieC
20-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Love the way people who probably don't even sit in that stand are intent on the "sacrifice" in closing the Famous Five stand - why not close the East stand?!

Totally sympathise with you, but I'm afraidf that if this were to happen (and remember it's purely speculation being banded about at the moment) the FF would be the "obvious" choice.

Others have mentioned about giving up the south side of the West Stand to away supporters and (despite me having an excellent seat I'm very happy with there) I think that it's probably a reasonable suggestion to maximuse revenue.

I did say, in a post above, that anyone being made to move from the FF should not be "out of pocket" with a forced move.

soupy
20-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I think we should take a gamble next season, with seasons at £250 for an adult in all areas, and concessions say £100.

Bring the price down to the walk up fan to say £20, with the incentive being saving a good few quid on the season card.

Footballs too expensive for what's on offer, but with reducing price to those prices, would it be enough to get the fans back????

happiehibbie
20-02-2012, 12:17 PM
I agree with some of the post people do seem to pick on the FF dont know why,

I suggested we moved everyone down to the front of all the stands i think this would be much better closer to the game ETC.

Sorry guys but the sining section is just not working not for the want of trying I may add I am not having a POP at how anyone enjoys the matchday experiance just feel we ara ALL to far away from the pitch.

I also think that our Marketing team cold do better did anyone see K Harper yesterday at the game making the HT draw no interview or acknowledgement towards him.

I think RP and his team must look round and see the same as wee do NO ONE IN THE SEATS thats what needs to happen reduce prices on ST give the people who want to come to the games every week a bargin like Easy Jet book in advance get a cheap fare.

I hope that PF has us on the right road but also behind the scenes need to wake up Marketing sales need to be aware of what we can and cannot afford an EMPTY SEAT makes no money

keep football on a Saturday

mcvie7
20-02-2012, 12:17 PM
why is everyone saying that the new stand has lost the atmosphere at Easter Road ? Dont you think its just the fans not singing for there team ?

Yesterday the sound from the away stand seemed decent to me with them singing the whole game. Our singing section trys hard to get it going but there seems less of them now and no 1 else joins in .

easty
20-02-2012, 12:20 PM
why is everyone saying that the new stand has lost the atmosphere at Easter Road ? Dont you think its just the fans not singing for there team ?

Yesterday the sound from the away stand seemed decent to me with them singing the whole game. Our singing section trys hard to get it going but there seems less of them now and no 1 else joins in .

Exactly. One stand of Celtc fans made plenty noise. It's no the stadiums fault that the atmosphere is ****, it's the lethargy of the fans due to the inept performances we've been seeing for so long.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Exactly. One stand of Celtc fans made plenty noise. It's no the stadiums fault that the atmosphere is ****, it's the lethargy of the fans due to the inept performances we've been seeing for so long.

:agree:

hibeemarley
20-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I would close the FF upper and change the FF lower to the singing section. Current FF ST holders could go into the west as I think that is more family friendly.. perhaps dedicate a section of the west to Family section. Also the south stand should be for away fans only. That's just my thoughts though, different strokes for different folks.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 12:34 PM
I would close the FF upper and change the FF lower to the singing section. Current FF ST holders could go into the west as I think that is more family friendly.. perhaps dedicate a section of the west to Family section. Also the south stand should be for away fans only. That's just my thoughts though, different strokes for different folks.

I agree 100% The east is too big for the singing section, and it appears to me not many are joining in. Some folk even resent them for one reason or another.

Moving them to the bottom of the FF would give them a secure place, where only those like minded folk, who want to sing, stand create an atmosphere and generally behave a wee bit more risky than some want could go.

For me its a no brainer, and all the flags could be put up in the top tier, until such times as we hopefully needed it for more fans.

easty
20-02-2012, 12:37 PM

What you talkin' bout Willis?

Elephant Stone
20-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Closing stands/ areas of the stadium is a brutal idea. We should be looking to better ways to fill it as it is, not admitting defeat and going backwards. Honestly can't believe what I've just read.

The Sea-gull
20-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Close the top tier or our MAIN stand..........................nonsense! As for your comment about the East being often quite full???? I sit in the West Upper and my eyes must be bad as I look across if that's a full stand!

Maybe I am wrong but it just seems like, relative to capacities, it is the fullest stand and since the new East opened, the FF and the West appear to have dropped in numbers attending even taking into account that the general attendance has dropped.

Just think it would make for a better atmosphere if we used the bottom tiers of the stands rather than have people spread all over the stands.

erskine-hibby
20-02-2012, 12:58 PM
The stadium isn't too big, it's the crowds that are too small.
This could be due to many reasons, TV, cash available to punters, etc...
I, though, believe it is mainly due to what we have been served up as "entertainment" for the last few years.
I said years ago that the relentless urge to build a new training complex and upgrade the stadium in such a relatively short period of time would have a detrimental effect on the team we put on the park and therefore on the crowds we attract.
Like it or not they will have to invest in the team, and yes take a bit of a beating financially in the short term, if they want the crowds to return.
Success on the park, and I don't mean winning everything there is, is the only way to get more people through the turnstiles. How can the club expect the support to turn up week in, week out and invest in the club when they won't invest in the team??
Ok there has been some movement in that direction recently, but we all know that the January transfer window is not the time to try and rebuild a team.
Will it take us being relegated, as it did the last time, for the club to recognise this????

c31
20-02-2012, 12:59 PM
If you thing this season looks attendances are poor wait till next season because the number of renewals I believe will be at an all-time low.

The Sea-gull
20-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Complete and utter garbage. The East has been nowhere near being full for ages. There are gaps spread equally around the whole of the home support. Trying to claim uber fan status for a particular stand is childish nonsense.

Just as well I wasn't trying to do that then. You are actually the one who has interpreted it that way and if anything with your defensive reaction you are showing childish sentimentality towards "your" stand, wherever that may be. It doesn't look like the gaps are spread equally to me. Don't know the stats but it does appear the East is the best attended relaitive to its capacity. The gaps in the FF are consistently bigger than in the other stands. I have no particular affinity with any of the stands, have sat regularly in all of them over the years and had season tickets in both the FF and the East.

Andy74
20-02-2012, 01:02 PM
The stadium isn't too big, it's the crowds that are too small.
This could be due to many reasons, TV, cash available to punters, etc...
I, though, believe it is mainly due to what we have been served up as "entertainment" for the last few years.
I said years ago that the relentless urge to build a new training complex and upgrade the stadium in such a relatively short period of time would have a detrimental effect on the team we put on the park and therefore on the crowds we attract.
Like it or not they will have to invest in the team, and yes take a bit of a beating financially in the short term, if they want the crowds to return.
Success on the park, and I don't mean winning everything there is, is the only way to get more people through the turnstiles. How can the club expect the support to turn up week in, week out and invest in the club when they won't invest in the team??
Ok there has been some movement in that direction recently, but we all know that the January transfer window is not the time to try and rebuild a team.
Will it take us being relegated, as it did the last time, for the club to recognise this????

Yet the complex and the stadium haven't had any effect on the budget.

The managers have just picked the wrong players. The teams above spend less than us in the main.

They have invested all that we have, hopefully this manager is able to save the season and then build from there.

The myth about the effect of the infrastructure spending at the expense of the team just has to be put to bed though, it's nonsense.

erskine-hibby
20-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Yet the complex and the stadium haven't had any effect on the budget.

The managers have just picked the wrong players. The teams above spend less than us in the main.

They have invested all that we have, hopefully this manager is able to save the season and then build from there.

The myth about the effect of the infrastructure spending at the expense of the team just has to be put to bed though, it's nonsense.

That I cannot believe.
The complex and stadium were funded by the selling of our best players, with very little spent (except on said infrastructure) in return.
The managers may well have picked the wrong players as you say, but who is to say that the players they picked were the first, second, third or even fourth choice. We know that JC, for one, wasn't happy with what he was given to spend to rebuild and I would hazard a guess the others were the same. Even if that is not so you could certainly question then the choice of managers by the board. IMHO just another set of misjudged decisions that has set us on coarse to where we are now. We were told that after all the infrastructure was in place that we would be in a position to then invest in the squad...well it aint happening yet. though as you say maybe at the end of the season we will see changes as far as that is concerned. The big question in my mind at least is will we still be in the SPL and be able to put into place those investments, or have they done too much damage already??

Andy74
20-02-2012, 01:35 PM
That I cannot believe.
The complex and stadium were funded by the selling of our best players, with very little spent (except on said infrastructure) in return.
The managers may well have picked the wrong players as you say, but who is to say that the players they picked were the first, second, third or even fourth choice. We know that JC, for one, wasn't happy with what he was given to spend to rebuild and I would hazard a guess the others were the same. Even if that is not so you could certainly question then the choice of managers by the board. IMHO just another set of misjudged decisions that has set us on coarse to where we are now. We were told that after all the infrastructure was in place that we would be in a position to then invest in the squad...well it aint happening yet. though as you say maybe at the end of the season we will see changes as far as that is concerned. The big question in my mind at least is will we still be in the SPL and be able to put into place those investments, or have they done too much damage already??

What you are talking about is spending more money than we have at a sustainable level. A level that doesn't need reversed when the windfall has gone.

Our budget in terms of wages has to be in line with income. Any fees we got for players that were sold enabled us to build stuff - this was a bonus and now stands us in good stead on that front for the next 30 years.

Any future sales I think we will be in a position to renivest a little more in the team, but again, it has to keep our budget within sustainable levels so you are not going to see £2m come in and then £2m spent on another player.

John Collins' list of players was total fanstasy, that much should be clear.

We reinvested a little in players and he wasted even that.

The likes of Naismith would have cost us over a miillion and triple in wages what we can pay sustainably.

So I don't see a list of misjudged decisons off the park, other than maybe the wrong managers.

We certainly have seen the effect of managers signing us rubbish though.

The likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd have all shown that it really comes down to getting the manager and players right, within the budgets.

Whereas Hearts have shown you can chuck triple the wages at it and still not make an impact.

Brebners Bookie
20-02-2012, 02:05 PM
I am glad we built the stand, the old one was a mess and the atmosphere (while slightly better) wasn't as great as made out. IIRC the planning permission was running out which forced hibs hand a bit. When we return to having a good team on the park the place will be buzzing again, though im not sure how long until that happens. :wink:

Spot on, it needed to be built and when things are good again, which they will be, we will all be glad of it. Can't wait to see ER full for a big game at the right end of the table.

Broken Gnome
20-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Tis a rather unfortunate coincidence that we've won just six home league games since it was built....

... and five of them were crammed into five months.

HibeeEmma
20-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Ticket should be much cheaper, they should be given out in schools and to local foootball teams to encourage youngsters to come along. Not everyone is lucky to have parents who can take them to the games but they could go with group leaders or friends.

Lost_Mackem
20-02-2012, 02:33 PM
I didn't realise tickets in Scotland were as expensive as £28. :confused:

Attendances are down everywhere, I think its a combination of the current economic situation and disillusion with the modern game.

Less than ten years ago the Stadium of Light was packed out to the tune of 47,000 every week, these days we're averageing 40,000.

Beefster
20-02-2012, 02:41 PM

We'll be back. In any case the thing has been built so let's stop mumping about it and get on with some positive backing of the team.

Utter pish. The only times that we have used the 'extra seats' have been during Calderwood's spell as manager.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Utter pish. The only times that we used the 'extra seats' were when Calderwood was manager.

I'm pretty sure the 0-3 defeat from the huns was over the previous capacity, and under Hughes tenure.

erskine-hibby
20-02-2012, 02:48 PM
What you are talking about is spending more money than we have at a sustainable level. A level that doesn't need reversed when the windfall has gone.

No! What I'm talking about is investing in the team to help attract supporters, old and new, back into ER.

Our budget in terms of wages has to be in line with income. Any fees we got for players that were sold enabled us to build stuff - this was a bonus and now stands us in good stead on that front for the next 30 years.

Well we certainly didn't build a team and what good is this "stuff" without supporters to fill it??

Any future sales I think we will be in a position to renivest a little more in the team, but again, it has to keep our budget within sustainable levels so you are not going to see £2m come in and then £2m spent on another player.

So in other words sell good buy cr@p?? This has helped us so much up to now eh??

John Collins' list of players was total fanstasy, that much should be clear.

We reinvested very little in players and he wasted even that.

Sorted that for you.

The likes of Naismith would have cost us over a miillion and triple in wages what we can pay sustainably.

So I don't see a list of misjudged decisons off the park, other than maybe the wrong managers.

As I said a rush to build a new training complex (which as it happens has led to nothing) and a stadium, that has been detrimental to the team on the park. Both did need to be done I admit but they could have spread it out and invested more into the squad.

We certainly have seen the effect of managers signing us rubbish though.

And of terrible decisions on which managers to hire, that in any other line of business would have seen heads roll.

The likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd have all shown that it really comes down to getting the manager and players right, within the budgets.

I would suspect that all those teams apart from St Johnstone spend outwith their budgets.

Whereas Hearts have shown you can chuck triple the wages at it and still not make an impact.

Hearts are a bad example and I would not advocate usinig their model at all.

You obviously don't think we should invest any money in the squad to attract supporters in, but would rather spend it on construction projects that look good but are ultimately empty white elephants.

I on the other hand wish to see a competitive team on the park...as do many others as seen by the dwindling crowds.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 02:51 PM
You obviously don't think we should invest any money in the squad to attract supporters in, but would rather spend it on construction projects that look good but are ultimately empty white elephants.

I on the other hand wish to see a competitive team on the park...as do many others as seen by the dwindling crowds.

I think now the place is finished, that is exactly what we should do. I dont think we should be going into debt though, and we currently are.

Andy74
20-02-2012, 02:55 PM

That's not what I've said at all and seeing as your answers are no more than soundbites there's not much point discussing it further.

erskine-hibby
20-02-2012, 02:59 PM
I think now the place is finished, that is exactly what we should do. I dont think we should be going into debt though, and we currently are.

Some time we will have to speculate a little to accumulate.
I don't want us racking up loads of debt either, but what other way can we bring more people in??
An attractive package on the park is the only sustainable way to keep people coming back. As I said I wouldn't advocate the Rangers/Hearts model of putting all your eggs (and more) in one basket, but we do need to invest.

erskine-hibby
20-02-2012, 03:03 PM
That's not what I've said at all and seeing as your answers are no more than soundbites there's not much point discussing it further.
Fair enough.
Hope your happy when it's only you sat there watching East Stirling mascarading as Hibernian.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Some time we will have to speculate a little to accumulate.
I don't want us racking up loads of debt either, but what other way can we bring more people in??
An attractive package on the park is the only sustainable way to keep people coming back. As I said I wouldn't advocate the Rangers/Hearts model of putting all your eggs (and more) in one basket, but we do need to invest.

I used to think we had to speculate to accumulate, then i sat down and analysed exactly what was going on.

There are clubs spending half of what we do, way above us in this league. Just how much more money do we have to spend to beat them?

We have to first get a manager who knows what he's doing, then let him go about getting us punching our weight.

Its the only way our club can go forward, we have to spend what we can afford, especially when its more than most.

erskine-hibby
20-02-2012, 03:25 PM
I used to think we had to speculate to accumulate, then i sat down and analysed exactly what was going on.

There are clubs spending half of what we do, way above us in this league. Just how much more money do we have to spend to beat them?

We have to first get a manager who knows what he's doing, then let him go about getting us punching our weight.

Its the only way our club can go forward, we have to spend what we can afford, especially when its more than most.

I have analysed it also, but come to another conclusion obviously.

We have wasted a lot of money in a short time on construction while watching the product on the park (we are a football team after all) deteriorate.

We have wasted money on various managers and 5th rate players.

We have watched crowds dwindle and income with it.

Now we are looking relegation in the face because of these decisions.
So now we have a choice invest or not.
If it is the latter we will run the chance of being in this position every year.

All IMHO of course.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 03:29 PM
I have analysed it also, but come to another conclusion obviously.

We have wasted a lot of money in a short time on construction while watching the product on the park (we are a football team after all) deteriorate.

We have wasted money on various managers and 5th rate players.

We have watched crowds dwindle and income with it.

Now we are looking relegation in the face because of these decisions.
So now we have a choice invest or not.
If it is the latter we will run the chance of being in this position every year.

All IMHO of course.

I agree we have wasted a lot of money, far too much. I wonder what the outcome would have been had we given every manager since Mowbray more to spend?

We wont be able to answer that question, but it could be fun watching some folks answers? :devil:

Big Frank
20-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Cash

£15 Adult - total walk up for 22 games £330
£10 OAPs - total walk up for 22 games £220
£5 UB40 - total walk up for 22 games £110
£0 Kids. - yes pop pickers! Free!

Season Tickets

£250 Adult - Save £80
£150 OAPs - Save £70
£75 UB40 - Save £35
£0

The views are decent (apart from them facing the pitch), so an adult is £250 whatever stand they choose.

Everytime a season ticket holder recommends another Hibby not a season ticket holder previously, that 2nd Season Ticket qualifies for a further discount eg 10% or 15%. (the inference being that the season ticket holder and the newbie split any savings between them.) The more they get the cheaper they become..... Quality :greengrin

TV

No live coverage of ANY league match.

Times

3pm. Saturday.

Famous Five

Bottom seats removed. Controlled standing area. Kids and family for the lower west.

Im in :greengrin

Andy74
20-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Cash

Season Tickets

£250 Adult - Save £80
£150 OAPs - Save £70
£75 UB40 - Save £35
£0

The views are decent (apart from them facing the pitch), so an adult is £250 whatever stand they choose.

Everytime a season ticket holder recommends another Hibby not a season ticket holder previously, that 2nd Season Ticket qualifies for a further discount eg 10% or 15%. (the inference being that the season ticket holder and the newbie split any savings between them.) The more they get the cheaper they become..... Quality :greengrin

TV

Times

3pm. Saturday.

Famous Five

Bottom seats removed. Controlled standing area. Kids and family for the lower west.

Which ten players would you release to make up the cash shortfall? :greengrin

happiehibbie
20-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Cash

Season Tickets

£250 Adult - Save £80
£150 OAPs - Save £70
£75 UB40 - Save £35
£0

TV

Times

3pm. Saturday.

Famous Five

You need to join the marketing team as I TOTALY AGREE with you

the posting seems to have driffted towards the team and spending money or marleting team needs to act NOW and look at huge savings on ST for next year

Andy74
20-02-2012, 03:49 PM

the posting seems to have driffted towards the team and spending money or marleting team needs to act NOW and look at huge savings on ST for next year

Marketing is great if the numbers work. Unfortunately you can't just market something at a low price when it needs to cover quite high costs.

As I said above, if we can persuade the players we target to play for half pay or we can get by with ten less players I'd be all for tickets at these prices.

If the OF were to disappear this might be do-able but we'd need to accept the standard of player we'd get and be happy that all the others will do the same.

Big Frank
20-02-2012, 03:52 PM

... so many will take the offer up, there will be no shortfall.... in the minutely small chance of any cash shortfall, this will be made up by our board taking a hit in their wedge :agree:

Thats two of us !!! :pfgwa

:greengrin

Big Frank
20-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Marketing is great if the numbers work. Unfortunately you can't just market something at a low price when it needs to cover quite high costs.

As I said above, if we can persuade the players we target to play for half pay or we can get by with ten less players I'd be all for tickets at these prices.

If the OF were to disappear this might be do-able but we'd need to accept the standard of player we'd get and be happy that all the others will do the same.

Yes, the numbers quoted wont really add up (obviously), but, what I am seriously alluding to is that there needs to be a reduction in the cost of a season ticket (and walk ups). Simply too much. This squeezing the Hibernian support until the pips squeek really has to stop. Its completely unfair on us imo.

Saturday 3pm football really needs to come back. Not now and again. All the time. A controlled standing area imo would be sold out.

Massive changes are needed.... sometimes, the balance sheet at Hibernian needs to take a back seat, yes we may lose some cash, but what cash are we making on empty seats? None. Anything to get seats filled (whilst fully keeping our wonderful fellow hardcore hibbys on side) HAS to be considered.....

Bad Martini
20-02-2012, 03:58 PM

...the ones who are ensuring our crowds remain almost as low as our league position and our collective confidence in the board?

Erskine is right. Four million quid on a training complex or four million quid on the pitch????

Did the famous five NEED east mains?
Did the tornadoes NEED east mains?
Did our collective teams and players who WON anything need east mains?

In an ideal world we would have east mains and a good team. Priorities. We NEED good players. Always. Four million goes a long way towards that.......

All in my most humble opinion of course. Source; my eyes.

Beefster
20-02-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty sure the 0-3 defeat from the huns was over the previous capacity, and under Hughes tenure.

I just checked and we had a higher attendance than the Rangers game in the season before the East Stand was built so it couldn't have been.

IWasThere2016
20-02-2012, 04:03 PM

We've done this before - you were wrong then and are again.

The facts are we have had over 17,500 under Yogi and CC :wink: on fewer than a handful of occasions in total.

Andy74
20-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Yes, the numbers quoted wont really add up (obviously), but, what I am seriously alluding to is that there needs to be a reduction in the cost of a season ticket (and walk ups). Simply too much. This squeezing the Hibernian support until the pips squeek really has to stop. Its completely unfair on us imo.

Saturday 3pm football really needs to come back. Not now and again. All the time. A controlled standing area imo would be sold out.

Massive changes are needed.... sometimes, the balance sheet at Hibernian needs to take a back seat, yes we may lose some cash, but what cash are we making on empty seats? None. Anything to get seats filled (whilst fully keeping our wonderful fellow hardcore hibbys on side) HAS to be considered.....

Agree but wages across the whole of the SPL need to change at once to make this achievable.

If we just cut our prices by a third we need to cut our wages by a third.

That might not sit well with the let's invest more crowd! :greengrin

Andy74
20-02-2012, 04:05 PM
We've done this before - you were wrong then and are again.

The facts are we have had over 17,500 under Yogi and CC :wink: on fewer than a handful of occasions in total.

So we did use them now and again as I said? Okay, we might have had one or two of those under CC before he really started to take effect.

Still, it shows that appointing him has led us to this place.

IWasThere2016
20-02-2012, 04:06 PM
So we did use them now and again as I said? Okay, we might have had one or two of those under CC before he really started to take effect.

Attendences fell during Yogi's tenure also .. it has been downhill since Mowbray.

Aldo
20-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Attendences fell during Yogi's tenure also .. it has been downhill since Mowbray.

It has been downhill since that Sunday in March 2007 IMHO.

Andy74
20-02-2012, 04:09 PM
...the ones who are ensuring our crowds remain almost as low as our league position and our collective confidence in the board?

Erskine is right. Four million quid on a training complex or four million quid on the pitch????

Did the famous five NEED east mains?
Did the tornadoes NEED east mains?
Did our collective teams and players who WON anything need east mains?

In an ideal world we would have east mains and a good team. Priorities. We NEED good players. Always. Four million goes a long way towards that.......

All in my most humble opinion of course. Source; my eyes.

Okay, so instead of a long term training facility which we can own and use forever more we could have spent £4m on wages and fees, which would have lasted a year or so and then we would have to fit again into the cash we normally get in from our level of income. Brilliant.

Hearts is often taken as an extreme but I don't see why, they illustrater quite well that you can actually spend more than £8m per year on wages more than the competition and still struggle to achieve anything.

It also doesn't address the usual question of why others are doing a lot more while spending less than us.

I would love to spend cash and get better players, I really would but I continue to disagree that we are or have ever been in a position to do it in a sustainable way.

erskine-hibby
20-02-2012, 04:09 PM

No, no!
It's an upward spiral:rolleyes:

Beefster
20-02-2012, 04:10 PM

For the avoidance of doubt - we never once used the 'extra seats' under Hughes. We did, twice, under Calderwood.

So you're utterly wrong and your argument is predicated on nothing.

Andy74
20-02-2012, 04:12 PM

Okay, I'd like to see the comparisons for the last eight years or so.

I think where we are now is dramatically different.

So long as you could factor in the effect of the East being knocked down too. Up to then we were only a few hundred away from Hearts average and had higher top crowds than them two or three times. I don't think you could argue there was any type of slump in attendances.

Andy74
20-02-2012, 04:16 PM
For the avoidance of doubt - we never once used the 'extra seats' under Hughes. We did, twice, under Calderwood.

So you're utterly wrong and your argument is predicated on nothing.

My point is we used them until many were put off by CC eventually. I could also have sworn the opening game against Rangers was more but never mind, it was only in place for a few of Hughes matches.

Fact is, we could use them and were close to a position where we could have kicked on from there and got people in. Appointing CC stopped that one in its tracks.

erskine-hibby
20-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Okay, so instead of a long term training facility which we can own and use forever more we could have spent £4m on wages and fees, which would have lasted a year or so and then we would have to fit again into the cash we normally get in from our level of income. Brilliant.

Hearts is often taken as an extreme but I don't see why, they illustrater quite well that you can actually spend more than £8m per year on wages more than the competition and still struggle to achieve anything.

It also doesn't address the usual question of why others are doing a lot more while spending less than us.

I would love to spend cash and get better players, I really would but I continue to disagree that we are or have ever been in a position to do it in a sustainable way.

A training facility that has produced what exactly???

Yes I would have preferred we had invested more of that cash in the team. Sure! it doesn't mean we would have done any better, but by not investing it in the team ensured we did worse.

marinello59
20-02-2012, 04:21 PM
A training facility that has produced what exactly???

Yes I would have preferred we had invested more of that cash in the team. Sure! it doesn't mean we would have done any better, but by not investing it in the team ensured we did worse.

What do you want done then? Sell the training facility then blow all the money at the team who can go back to training on public parks?

IWasThere2016
20-02-2012, 04:21 PM
No, no!
It's an upward spiral:rolleyes:

My point is we used them until many were put off by CC eventually. I could also have sworn the opening game against Rangers was more but never mind, it was only in place for a few of Hughes matches.

Fact is, we could use them and were close to a position where we could have kicked on from there and got people in. Appointing CC stopped that one in its tracks.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10290~2010,00.html

Link above to following facts (assuming capacity was 17,500 pre-revamped East):

Yogi: 7 Nov 2010 - Hearts 0-2 (L) - 17,767

CC: 2 April 2011 - Hearts 2-2 (D) - 17,793 (highest since new East :wink:)

The first under Yogi was during a run of 1 win in 11 games :devil:

The second under CC was on a run of 8 games unbeaten :devil:

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I just checked and we had a higher attendance than the Rangers game in the season before the East Stand was built so it couldn't have been.

My mistake, i thought we had. Calderwood has certainly made sure we wont touch those figures now.

Andy74
20-02-2012, 04:25 PM

Why do you keep quoting stuff that backs up my actual point which was that we have needed the extra seats that you keep saying are not required?

Had we not apointed your man and he turned this sharply down the way we may well have needed them a few more times.

We are discussing around the margins of crowds over 17,000. We're now lucky to get 11,000 or 12,000 for similar games.

erskine-hibby
20-02-2012, 04:27 PM
What do you want done then? Sell the training facility then blow all the money at the team who can go back to training on public parks?

No what's done is done.
What I am saying is that we should have spent more on the team at the time, as we should now.
If we are lucky, and I mean lucky, enough to stay up this season then investment is needed.
Without anything to excite people we can only expect crowds and income to support the squad to go down.
There is nothing wrong with speculating to accumulate our whole way of life has been based on that.

IWasThere2016
20-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Why do you keep quoting stuff that backs up my actual point which was that we have needed the extra seats that you keep saying are not required?

Had we not apointed your man and he turned this sharply down the way we may well have needed them a few more times.

We are discussing around the margins of crowds over 17,000. We're now lucky to get 11,000 or 12,000 for similar games.

£3.5m for a few extra sales .. all 500-odd tickets. Nae wonder you defend Fred Goodwin and RBS! :faf:

Attendences were falling pre-CC - look it up.

Your last sentence is ludicrous - I look forward to you posting some facts

Please also tell me when you think we will ever need 21,500 seats. I need a laugh after yesterday and you're doing great so far :aok:

IWasThere2016
20-02-2012, 04:35 PM
No what's done is done.
What I am saying is that we should have spent more on the team at the time, as we should now.
If we are lucky, and I mean lucky, enough to stay up this season then investment is needed.
Without anything to excite people we can only expect crowds and income to support the squad to go down.
There is nothing wrong with speculating to accumulate our whole way of life has been based on that.

:top marks

GreenCastle
20-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Cash

Season Tickets

£250 Adult - Save £80
£150 OAPs - Save £70
£75 UB40 - Save £35
£0

TV

Times

3pm. Saturday.

Famous Five

Like your ideas and pricing - kids free - why not - get them to the game - future of the club and parents can spend money on food etc / club shop items. Hopefully they can sort out the crappy food before this happens!

Don't think we even need to waste money removing seats in the Famous Five - Away fans are allowed to stand so why can't home fans ? The signing section should 100% go behind the goals :agree: I like the idea of more space for flags / displays etc without upsetting the prawn sandwich people in the West and New east :greengrin

S.sct
20-02-2012, 05:11 PM

I would agree with your point on the cost of football and season tickets for next season. We are and will continue for some time to be in difficult economic times. Football is a luxury when it comes to household budgets and will be one of the first things to go (especially if the team are poor). If the club could come up with an enticing early bird offer which reflects the value of the competition (taking the kids to the flicks, an afternoon in the boozer, remember a match is only 90 minutes) I for certainly one would be more inclined to purchase (I've not had a ST since 1991). I do understand that cutting the cost of a ST would be a gamble but empty seats are certainly not going to take the club forward.

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2012, 05:28 PM
I agree 100% The east is too big for the singing section, and it appears to me not many are joining in. Some folk even resent them for one reason or another.

Moving them to the bottom of the FF would give them a secure place, where only those like minded folk, who want to sing, stand create an atmosphere and generally behave a wee bit more risky than some want could go.

For me its a no brainer, and all the flags could be put up in the top tier, until such times as we hopefully needed it for more fans.

Been saying this for a while now. The singing section would gain more identity in the FF and would have a place to call their own as it were instead of being lost in the East. This is the way to go IMO and I am sure it would work out positively in the end with more folk being encouraged to join them.

Beefster
20-02-2012, 06:39 PM

The first Hearts game was under Calderwood too. Hughes was binned in October 2010 IIRC.

DH1875
20-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Spot on, it needed to be built and when things are good again, which they will be, we will all be glad of it. Can't wait to see ER full for a big game at the right end of the table.

If things continue as they have I'd fully expect ER to be full or close to it when we play Dunfermline after the split.

As for ticketing I'd drop the prices, introduce safe standing, bring back the Cat B season ticket and maybe even look at introducing some sort of Cat A season ticket.

Scouse Hibee
20-02-2012, 07:21 PM
If things continue as they have I'd fully expect ER to be full or close to it when we play Dunfermline after the split.

As for ticketing I'd drop the prices, introduce safe standing, bring back the Cat B season ticket and maybe even look at introducing some sort of Cat A season ticket.

As much as I would love that to happen it wont.

No.4
20-02-2012, 07:34 PM

I hate to jump into the argument and disagree with you Andy, but you are wrong on a few levels here. Wrong about the numbers in the stand and wrong to use CC as the starting place for the slump in attendances. The slump was created by the shocking run under Yogi before he was bulleted, the full effects of which we not seen until CC carried on in the same vein.

People are not just fed up And not coming because of CC, they're fed up of the pash we've been getting under mixu/yogi/cc and to a certain extent PF... Who obviously has only been able to urinate with the flaccid lump of flesh he inherited... But hasn't been able to turn results around at all. He had better change that soon, as I don't know many people that would pay £30 a pop to watch that dross.

IWasThere2016
20-02-2012, 07:35 PM
The first Hearts game was under Calderwood too. Hughes was binned in October 2010 IIRC.

My bad. So the demand for tickets went up after Hughes (and his worst ever home record) was emptied

No.4
20-02-2012, 07:39 PM
I hate to jump into the argument and disagree with you Andy, but you are wrong on a few levels here. Wrong about the numbers in the stand and wrong to use CC as the starting place for the slump in attendances. The slump was created by the shocking run under Yogi before he was bulleted, the full effects of which we not seen until CC carried on in the same vein.

People are not just fed up And not coming because of CC, they're fed up of the pash we've been getting under mixu/yogi/cc and to a certain extent PF... Who obviously has only been able to urinate with the flaccid lump of flesh he inherited... But hasn't been able to turn results around at all. He had better change that soon, as I don't know many people that would pay £30 a pop to watch that dross.

I should've read the whole thread.. It appears a few people have jumped in already... :greengrin

No.4
20-02-2012, 07:41 PM
My bad. So the demand for tickets went up after Hughes (and his worst ever home record) was emptied

Exactly, we had a couple of big crowds because CC came with a bit of kudos. That changed pretty quickly.

IWasThere2016
20-02-2012, 07:48 PM

TBF, none of them have been helped by piss poor Board decisions to spend the last of the cash, increase the cost base and create a poorer atmosphere by 'investing' in the East.

:singing: We all dream of a hundred Roddy Ps, a hundred Roddy Ps ..

:tee hee:

Feed McGraw
20-02-2012, 07:51 PM
It has been downhill since that Sunday in March 2007 IMHO.

Mr. Aldo, that sir,unfortunately, is the most accurate statement I`ve read on here since that wonderful day.

Aldo
20-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Mr. Aldo, that sir,unfortunately, is the most accurate statement I`ve read on here since that wonderful day.

Feed

It's true and tbh unless PF is given time then we will never get any sort if stability in the playing side if the club.

I defo think he is the man for the job.

jdships
20-02-2012, 08:01 PM

:thumbsup::agree:

No.4
20-02-2012, 08:12 PM
TBF, none of them have been helped by piss poor Board decisions to spend the last of the cash, increase the cost base and create a poorer atmosphere by 'investing' in the East.

:singing: We all dream of a hundred Roddy Ps, a hundred Roddy Ps ..

:tee hee:

Thats true and I totally agree, but it's not the point that was being made..

We are in the state we are in because of the boards decisions, the managers inability to turn things round and the players not performing, it's a collective not one or the other.

We are the only ones who have to pay to watch/be put through it though and the poster who mentioned about slashing season tickets is spot on. We deserve it. Someone said a third less income means a third less on the playing staff... So what do we have, 4,000 season ticket holders this season? I'm pretty sure at those prices it'd be closer to double that amount.

People say you can't cut costs to make money. Try telling that to poundland. £1 for 3 cans of coke, good product great discounted price, win win:greengrin:aok:

GreenCastle
20-02-2012, 09:20 PM

Interesting - I think this potential cup final game could see a big Hibs support like the numbers at East End Park.

If I was the Hibs board I would even consider it a free game for fans - yes people have season tickets but the bigger picture of SPL survival is far more important in the longer term. Could possibly even give season ticket holders an incentive to bring a friend for a discount voucher for the shop to compensate - get rid of stock and get more people in the ground.

Ideally before then we may have built up a gap between us and them but can see this going to the wire and excluding Celtic game - we have improved and will give more teams a better game - but Dunfermline will keep pushing us all the way.

HibbyAndy
20-02-2012, 09:29 PM

This game ( And by the way we may end up at EEP for the 3rd time )...Wont have anymore than 9K supporters if it is at Easter rd..IMO.

RIP
20-02-2012, 09:57 PM

I would make the Famous Five lower - the supporters section or signing section - whatever you want to call it.

I would close the FF upper and change the FF lower to the singing section.

I agree 100% The east is too big for the singing section, and it appears to me not many are joining in. For me its a no brainer, and all the flags could be put up in the top tier, until such times as we hopefully needed it for more fans.

Sorry lads but it's a complete non-starter. Time to put this to bed for good

The club will not allow standing in the Family Stand and singers like to stand
The supporters in the East like a side on view of the players, the view from the North end is pish
The singers like to be beside the away support - been like that since the 80's, not going to change any time soon
The displays in the East look a lot better than they would in the North

By all means if the 3 of you want to create your own section in the FF - crack on. But a section is just a bunch of seats. It's people who sing and we need a lot more supporters lifting their voices every home game from now till we are safe from relegation. Everything else is just a waste of guid air.

Andy74
20-02-2012, 09:57 PM

Well crowds were still okay even for the start under CC so you can't blame anyone who went before. If the right appointment had been made then why would crowds have gone down due to the previous run?

That previous run by the way saw us lose to Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Dundee Utd only. Not really that unusual in itself. Under CC that run extended to the likes of Hamilton, Aberdeen and St Mirren.

In any case this wasn't really my point in terms of who was to blame. The point was when we have a team worth watching we can fill some of those new seats. It wasn't long ago it was happening and to keep quoting a decline since Mowbray or 2007 is just rubbish.

No.4
20-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Well crowds were still okay even for the start under CC so you can't blame anyone who went before. If the right appointment had been made then why would crowds have gone down due to the previous run?

That previous run by the way saw us lose to Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Dundee Utd only. Not really that unusual in itself. Under CC that run extended to the likes of Hamilton, Aberdeen and St Mirren.

In any case this wasn't really my point in terms of who was to blame. The point was when we have a team worth watching we can fill some of those new seats. It wasn't long ago it was happening and to keep quoting a decline since Mowbray or 2007 is just rubbish.

Well, I'm blaming the loss of interest from the paying public on a run of terrible form pretty much since we scraped into Europe under yogi. I said the full effects of which were seen, in terms of attendance, during CC's reign as he couldn't reverse it and through to today. I've said in posts since that I also lay a share of the blame with the board and the players for their parts equally.

You seem to only mention CC's appointment as the game changer. I don't see it as cut and dry as that.

DH1875
20-02-2012, 10:25 PM
This game ( And by the way we may end up at EEP for the 3rd time )...Wont have anymore than 9K supporters if it is at Easter rd..IMO.

Do you really believe if we were to play them last game of the season in a winner takes all situation there'd only be 9k at the game? No chance. I might be a bit optimistic predicting a sell out but if it wasn't close to it, it never will be.

Being even more optimistic, give everyone at the game a voucher for a Scottish cup final ticket and then tell all the others that come out the woodwork for tickets to bolt.

GreenCastle
20-02-2012, 10:32 PM
The supporters in the East like a side on view of the players, the view from the North end is pish
The singers like to be beside the away support - been like that since the 80's, not going to change any time soon
By all means if the 3 of you want to create your own section in the FF - crack on. But a section is just a bunch of seats. It's people who sing and we need a lot more supporters lifting their voices every home game from now till we are safe from relegation. Everything else is just a waste of guid air.

Fair explanation to why you don't think it would work...but a complete non starter ? I don't think you would ever know until it was tried. Regarding your points -

The club will not allow standing in the Family Stand and singers like to stand - Family Stand / area should be West Lower (closest to Famous Five). Kids in an empty end behind the goals isn't giving the future generations a great match day experience. If they were moved - fans could stand in lower tier as there would be plenty of space (like South Stand away fans).
The supporters in the East like a side on view of the players, the view from the North end is pish - Fair enough - I prefer watching games from the side - having had a season ticket in FF, East and West - the side is prefered. However many supporter sections around the world are situated behind the goal - teams like shooting towards own die hard fans / put opposition keeper off at goal kicks etc. Seems Hibs goalies aways get stick at ER and we never give out any to away keepers.
The singers like to be beside the away support - been like that since the 80's, not going to change any time soon. Again Fair Enough - but currently the section could be closer to them :wink:
The displays in the East look a lot better than they would in the North - That could be argued - I have loved Green Day with all the flags etc but could easier be done in FF and you could use the upper tier in FF to do TIFO and other flag displays - like many supporters groups around the world do. Check this out -Portland who also play in green do some amazing displays. http://www.portlandtimbers.com/sites/portlandtimbers.com/files/Timbers.HomeOpener041411.CM058.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Icj4pQWgAw - video of Portland and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a9aB8i92SQ and Seattle

Due to other commitments I can't be involved in things like this - but am all for the club improving colour and noise and people trying to bring back some atmosphere into ER and the SPL.

GreenCastle
20-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Do you really believe if we were to play them last game of the season in a winner takes all situation there'd only be 9k at the game? No chance. I might be a bit optimistic predicting a sell out but if it wasn't close to it, it never will be.

Being even more optimistic, give everyone at the game a voucher for a Scottish cup final ticket and then tell all the others that come out the woodwork for tickets to bolt.

Who wants a ticket to Celtic v Hearts Scottish Cup Final :offski::greengrin

I think the club should bring in a loyalty scheme for games attended and merchandise bought - and if there is ever any demand for certain games again then surely this would be a fair way for fans who pour money into the club to get some reward back before others.

IWasThere2016
20-02-2012, 11:26 PM

No just happen to mention CC repeatedly - even when the facts prove otherwise :greengrin

The blame lies with those accountable - the Board. They are responsible for the 'strategy' and the plans to execute it. Along with the many appointments they have made in recent years. We are joint bottom of the league - and heaven forbid we are relegated as that will be disasterous. Also we now need STF's cash to prop us up and we have a dreadful operating position of a cost base we cannot afford - as income steadily falls.

Still in Rod we trust. Just imagine the damage two Rodders could do - booger having a hundred!

Gala Foxes
21-02-2012, 04:49 AM
get the shambolic team sorted out and a few thousand will come back pretty quickly, with 1 home win this season and numerous dire and half hearted displays the attendances we are getting are what we deserve at the moment (sadly)

IWasThere2016
21-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Thats true and I totally agree, but it's not the point that was being made..

We are in the state we are in because of the boards decisions, the managers inability to turn things round and the players not performing, it's a collective not one or the other.

We are the only ones who have to pay to watch/be put through it though and the poster who mentioned about slashing season tickets is spot on. We deserve it. Someone said a third less income means a third less on the playing staff... So what do we have, 4,000 season ticket holders this season? I'm pretty sure at those prices it'd be closer to double that amount.

People say you can't cut costs to make money. Try telling that to poundland. £1 for 3 cans of coke, good product great discounted price, win win:greengrin:aok:

I'm not sure you can divorce the two I as it is the same pound just that it has been spent on a different (very wrong IMHO) priority. The net is less cash to appoint better managers/sign better players. At least you know what's what and what you're getting with Coke also!

John_the_angus_hibby
21-02-2012, 07:59 AM
'da. S

Sent from another universe!

NAE NOOKIE
21-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Fair explanation to why you don't think it would work...but a complete non starter ? I don't think you would ever no until it was tried. Regarding your points -

The club will not allow standing in the Family Stand and singers like to stand - Family Stand / area should be West Lower (closest to Famous Five). Kids in an empty end behind the goals isn't giving the future generations a great match day experience. If they were moved - fans could stand in lower tier as there would be plenty of space (like South Stand away fans).
The supporters in the East like a side on view of the players, the view from the North end is pish - Fair enough - I prefer watching games from the side - having had a season ticket in FF, East and West - the side is prefered. However many supporter sections around the world are situated behind the goal - teams like shooting towards own die hard fans / put opposition keeper off at goal kicks etc. Seems Hibs goalies aways get stick at ER and we never give out any to away keepers.
The singers like to be beside the away support - been like that since the 80's, not going to change any time soon. Again Fair Enough - but currently the section could be closer to them :wink:
The displays in the East look a lot better than they would in the North - That could be argued - I have loved Green Day with all the flags etc but could easier be done in FF and you could use the upper tier in FF to do TIFO and other flag displays - like many supporters groups around the world do. Check this out -Portland who also play in green do some amazing displays. http://www.portlandtimbers.com/sites/portlandtimbers.com/files/Timbers.HomeOpener041411.CM058.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Icj4pQWgAw - video of Portland and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a9aB8i92SQ and Seattle

Due to other commitments I can't be involved in things like this - but am all for the club improving colour and noise and people trying to bring back some atmosphere into ER and the SPL.

:top marks

The obvious answer to the OPs question is that the ground is not too big. The crowds are too small !!!

Peeeetrie !!! :grr:

NAE NOOKIE
21-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Anyway .... The trouble with ER isnt that its too big ...... The trouble is that its too bloody nice !!!

Instead of opposition players running out to a "wall of noise" from the East, they run out look around and go ... Oooh this is nice. A nice stadium with nice facilities and a nice pitch.

Its all too bloody nice !!!

Nae worries though ..... When I win £150,000,000 on the Euromillions I'll flatten the bloody place. I guarantee you that what replaces it wont be bloody nice!!! It will be bloody terrifying !!!

ach well ye kin aye dream.

weecounty hibby
21-02-2012, 09:23 AM
The trouble is the pricing. A group of 4 adults and 6 kids went to see edinburgh Rugby v London Irish at Murrayfield - cost £85 for what in effect was a champions league section match. Cost for a Hibs v St Mirren match for the same group £163 to watch a run of the mill SPL game. Result at Murrayfield was a record attendance and a victory for the home side. Next game for Edinburgh European cup 1/4 final, cost £15 adults and £5 kids expected crowd of 20k+.

Football is an entertainment industry and they need to face up to the fact that even the hardcoe diehards are not going to stump up in the region of £30 to watch a **** game, and to be ripped off for food and treated like **** by stewards etc. Time to wake up and smell the coffee for football in general.

By the way now given a choice between Edinburgh rugby and Hibs, my totally Hibs daft youngster would probably choose the rugby!! Sad but true.

big-mo
21-02-2012, 09:36 AM
I would suggest that any games played at 3pm Saturday or 7:45 Wed's, (that means any games that are not on TV) should be a 'normal realistic price' and all others should be at £20 and £10 set charge, the away fans for these games (except Cat A) should be £25 and £15. Season tickets prices would obviously have to reflect this charging policy.
Away fans at Cat A games normally sell-out so they should be charged as much as the market would stand.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2012, 09:45 AM

You missed the point of those in the FF moving so the FF would be solely for the new singing section, section 43 nutters, those who want to stand. The place would only be for those likeminded people. As it is at the moment, all you are doing now is piss off people.

Again in your opinion, Tannadice have done it with their support, traditionally most clubs used to have one end full of their own support. Its a relatively new thing at easter road having the bulk of the support in the east.

Again, who's to say there would not be more joining if it was at one end, it certainly used to be much better when we did have the cave/coo shed.

Again we disagree, the top of the FF could be used to show every flag we have, while the bottom could be for the more ferocious type hibby, where the noise would be much bigger than you hear from where you are now, you may think its noisy, but really its not, plus you'd be annoying nobody, anyone going there would know what to expect.

I agree with the sentiments, but you know thats never going to happen. If i started singing in the FF now, and behaved like you lot did, i'd be thrown out.

RIP
21-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Fair explanation to why you don't think it would work...but a complete non starter ? I don't think you would ever know until it was tried. Regarding your points -

The displays in the East look a lot better than they would in the North - [B]That could be argued - I have loved Green Day with all the flags etc but could easier be done in FF and you could use the upper tier in FF to do TIFO and other flag displays - like many supporters groups around the world do.

Good points. The reason why it's a non-starter at the moment is due to the fact that Season Ticket sales are already underway for the 2012/2013 seasons. Any change to the layout, deployment and marketing of the stands would have to be in place by December 2012 in order to be implemented in time for the 2013/2014 season.

The other think you've not convinced me on is whether you, Bovril and Gary would be willing to move stands into these new areas? Are you customers of the change? What interest do you believe there is from others?

All I'm saying is that in dealings with the club and some fellow supporters during the past 2 seasons I've not heard much interest from current East Standers to move into the Famous Five Stand. There were 3 supporters forums recently and I can't recall it being minuted for further discussion. Happy to discuss further though if there's a strong groundswell of support for the idea.

Finally - I don't think the stadium was too big when first planned. At that time (Mowbray) our crowds were around the 13K - 14K mark. The potential fanbase is there if we can start climbing the league

IWasThere2016
21-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Finally - I don't think the stadium was too big when first planned. At that time (Mowbray) our crowds were around the 13K - 14K mark. The potential fanbase is there if we can start climbing the league

So flying in 3rd and playing some really good stuff and it would be two-thirds full. We won't need 21,000 unless we get them in the SC QF with no telly .. otherwise I just don't see it ever being required IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Good points. The reason why it's a non-starter at the moment is due to the fact that Season Ticket sales are already underway for the 2012/2013 seasons. Any change to the layout, deployment and marketing of the stands would have to be in place by December 2012 in order to be implemented in time for the 2013/2014 season.

The other think you've not convinced me on is whether you, Bovril and Gary would be willing to move stands into these new areas? Are you customers of the change? What interest do you believe there is from others? All I'm saying is that in dealings with the club and some fellow supporters during the past 2 seasons I've not heard much interest from current East Standers to move into the Famous Five Stand. There were 3 supporters forums recently and I can't recall it being minuted for further discussion. Happy to discuss further though if there's a strong groundswell of support for the idea.

I'd be first in the queue should it move to the FF, I have always prefered to stand behind the goal but with it being the family stand, some of my coulorfull language would probably not be appreciated. :wink:

I remember a game at tannadice a few years ago under Mowbray, when we filled the normal stand and the one behind the goal. It was just like the 70's with the stand behind the goal standing and starting the songs, then the rest joining in. My best memories of atmosphere are behind the goal at easter road.

Maybe not the biggest problem we have at Hibs just now, but i genuinley believe its the only way for this to survive. I'd imagine you are fed up with the critisism section 43 get virtually every week, imagine having your own stand where anyone who does not like noise, banter and the odd swear word wont be there?

Broken Gnome
21-02-2012, 11:58 AM

Re: EEP for a 3rd time - might not be a bad thing.

Re: No more than 9k. Why so low?

southern hibby
21-02-2012, 12:07 PM
I wrote an e-mail to Hibs about 6 months ago. Basically saying that if we let a thousand 13 year olds into the stadium for a pound each game and carried this on when they were 14 and 15, maybe by the time they were 16 they might be hooked and start paying for a cheap season ticket. When the first lot turned 14 we could start another 1000 13 year olds in for the pond and keep this going over several years. Even if we only got 5% buying a season ticket this would mean about 50 new season ticket holders a year. Not great numbers granted but it's the club being pro active rather than re-active. Basically phone call that followed prooved to me HIBS are not interested in this sort of marketing.We have a stadium not even half filled. Crowds falling and here we have the stadium and opportunity to be actively recruiting fans back through the door. We could haveoffered this to young kids who have less than fortunate working families or in orphanages etc. WE really are missing out here, I. feel I am NOT and NEVER will be a financial wizard, however life has taught me a few things. One being it's better to have tried and failed than failed to have tried. GGTTH

IWasThere2016
21-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I'd be first in the queue should it move to the FF, I have always prefered to stand behind the goal but with it being the family stand, some of my coulorfull language would probably not be appreciated. :wink:

I remember a game at tannadice a few years ago under Mowbray, when we filled the normal stand and the one behind the goal. It was just like the 70's with the stand behind the goal standing and starting the songs, then the rest joining in. My best memories of atmosphere are behind the goal at easter road.

Maybe not the biggest problem we have at Hibs just now, but i genuinley believe its the only way for this to survive. I'd imagine you are fed up with the critisism section 43 get virtually every week, imagine having your own stand where anyone who does not like noise, banter and the odd swear word wont be there?

I think we'd two such games under TM and 1-4 win and a 0-1 defeat when we pummelled them and GOC and Deano missed a couple of sitters each. The 1-4 remains one of my favourite games - we went 1 down and then wiped the floor with them. Orman had a great game down the right IIRC, a Deeks heider, late Morrow gate .. 1-8 would have flattered them. We did Dundee a feew weks earlier 1-4 also. Ahh, they were the days! :thumbsup:

marinello59
21-02-2012, 12:21 PM
I wrote an e-mail to Hibs about 6 months ago. Basically saying that if we let a thousand 13 year olds into the stadium for a pound each game and carried this on when they were 14 and 15, maybe by the time they were 16 they might be hooked and start paying for a cheap season ticket. When the first lot turned 14 we could start another 1000 13 year olds in for the pond and keep this going over several years. Even if we only got 5% buying a season ticket this would mean about 50 new season ticket holders a year. Not great numbers granted but it's the club being pro active rather than re-active. Basically phone call that followed prooved to me HIBS are not interested in this sort of marketing.We have a stadium not even half filled. Crowds falling and here we have the stadium and opportunity to be actively recruiting fans back through the door. We could haveoffered this to young kids who have less than fortunate working families or in orphanages etc. WE really are missing out here, I. feel I am NOT and NEVER will be a financial wizard, however life has taught me a few things. One being it's better to have tried and failed than failed to have tried. GGTTH

The club do a lot of work in this area including hosting youth groups at Easter road on match days and operating a season ticket scheme we can all contribute too if we want. So maybe they are interested but just didn't see much merit in your particular scheme.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Another thing, did anyone who was at the Dunfermline game a few weeks ago, not enjoy being behind that goal, and the atmosphere it generated?

southern hibby
21-02-2012, 12:53 PM
The club do a lot of work in this area including hosting youth groups at Easter road on match days and operating a season ticket scheme we can all contribute too if we want. So maybe they are interested but just didn't see much merit in your particular scheme.That could be true, however i really got the feeling they were more interested in HIBS FANS being peeved that they have to buy season tickets (pay entry fee's for their kids) and other kids getting in for free, than thinking that they were helping under privilaged kids. All about opinions I suppose. GGTTH

jgl07
21-02-2012, 12:59 PM

Does anyone else recall the last time Hibs played at Dunfermline during a relegation struggle? It was at East End Park and the place was rammed. The official attendance figures were lies. The terrace behind the goal was way overcrowded to the point of being dangerous. The turnstiles were obviously not recording the numbers coming in as the seated paddock area was overcrowded as well.

I think that Easter Road sold out for the play-off match against Airdrie the season before.

marinello59
21-02-2012, 01:04 PM
That could be true, however i really got the feeling they were more interested in HIBS FANS being peeved that they have to buy season tickets (pay entry fee's for their kids) and other kids getting in for free, than thinking that they were helping under privilaged kids. All about opinions I suppose. GGTTH

It is true.
The Kicks for Kids scheme for instance?

CMac1988
21-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Another thing, did anyone who was at the Dunfermline game a few weeks ago, not enjoy being behind that goal, and the atmosphere it generated?

That game provided the best atmosphere of any Hibs game I've been too this season, closely followed by Fenlon's 1st game in charge at Fir Park. Obviously both away games, but both gave reasons that boosted the attendance.

The atmosphere at ER only reflects the ways the supporters fell at the moment. When the results improve so will the atmosphere.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2012, 01:13 PM
That game provided the best atmosphere of any Hibs game I've been too this season, closely followed by Fenlon's 1st game in charge at Fir Park. Obviously both away games, but both gave reasons that boosted the attendance.

The atmosphere at ER only reflects the ways the supporters fell at the moment. When the results improve so will the atmosphere.

I agree, but i would bet my last penny the singing section, or section 43 will still be crucified by someone who did not like what they were hearing, or subjected to during the games.

I do feel strongly they should have their own stand, and i know it cant be next season, but i believe for them to survive and for the atmosphere to grow, relocating to the bottom of the FF is the way forward for the reasons i stated earlier.

southern hibby
21-02-2012, 01:27 PM
It is true. The Kicks for Kids scheme for instance?Yes you are correct, it is true. However I was offering Hibs an idea to pro-actively try and get more fans through the door into a very empty stadium. . Lets be honest here (please don't feel i'm trying to push my point of view onto anyone) but we are down on season tickets / pay at the gate fans. What schemes we have in place at the moment (and I am not knocking them) are actually very good, however if we can get 1000 (first year) 2000 (second year) and 3000 (third year, rolling) paying £1 each home game that (after 3rd year) we have 3000 more fans in the stadium than we have at present plus an extra £3000 per home game. Plus we have a better chance of these kids becoming season ticket holders when they start working as they may just have got the bug. Also there is the possibility of sales that these kids may generate.As I did say before I suppose it's all about oppinions. GGTTH

CMac1988
21-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I agree, but i would bet my last penny the singing section, or section 43 will still be crucified by someone who did not like what they were hearing, or subjected to during the games.

I do feel strongly they should have their own stand, and i know it cant be next season, but i believe for them to survive and for the atmosphere to grow, relocating to the bottom of the FF is the way forward for the reasons i stated earlier.

I kinda agree that they should have their own stand also... Kinda because I like sitting side-on at the footy and enjoy being next to the singing section (s42, seat beside the steps). :wink:

For the last couple of years I've thought that the middle section of the FF lower should be converted to allow safe standing. If the demand increases then convert one of the sections next to it and so on, until the bottom tier is for stanfing only. I also agree that the family section should be in the west lower.

This I feel kinda ties in with possibly moving s43 and the singing section (one in the same really although they'll argue otherwise :greengrin) to safe standing. I can also see where gogs is coming from in terms of folk being hesitant to move and the reasoning he gives, but personally I feel it would help lift ER and improve the atmosphere.

But again if all we need to do it start winning to improve things then should we bother? Will any impact it has dwindle if results and performances remain the same?

Anyhoo more of the same at fir park tomorrow. With all the tickets that they gave out our attendance should be good.

GreenCastle
21-02-2012, 01:53 PM
There are many points people agree on here - the stadium I don't think is too big - for a capital city club - the potential is there. But we all know success / quality brings fans in. ER sadly hasn't seen this for over a year = crowds drop - any other club in our position would be the same / worse!

Moving forward the club need to look at ways of improving the game day experience - it's been talked about before - music / half time entertainment / etc but with crowds dipping the club need some radical thinking to excite people again - not just younger people - the older ones and the die hard singers.

Pricing structure and location of the fans needs to be looked at - I am sure if you sit in the FF now - you would happily move to the West Lower,East or even FF upper if asked.

The club could market the new "supporters section" and make that section cheaper than other areas - the lower tier holds probably 1500 - as others mentioned that could make a great noise when full (think of the away supporters in lower tier sometimes). Not everyone would move from the East so some singers would still join in there and you are closer to the West to try get them to join in.

Add better quality / cheaper food to ER and the match day experience would be more enjoyable for all. :agree:

Big Frank
21-02-2012, 01:59 PM
The Holy Ground is a wonderful stadium. One that the club and supporters can be proud of.

I love her :love ya!:

NAE NOOKIE
21-02-2012, 02:36 PM

Right behind ya Blackpool. Until this season was always in the FF and was there for the Killie game a few weeks ago ( in the posh seats ) it was bloody brilliant and I would go back in a second. Got to persuade my mates its a good idea though.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Right behind ya Blackpool. Until this season was always in the FF and was there for the Killie game a few weeks ago ( in the posh seats ) it was bloody brilliant and I would go back in a second. Got to persuade my mates its a good idea though.

I thought when we were knocking the old east down, the atmosphere was good when we had the south stand. You certainly hear the crowd better from the ends imo.

Spike Mandela
21-02-2012, 03:06 PM
The trouble is the pricing. A group of 4 adults and 6 kids went to see edinburgh Rugby v London Irish at Murrayfield - cost £85 for what in effect was a champions league section match. Cost for a Hibs v St Mirren match for the same group £163 to watch a run of the mill SPL game. Result at Murrayfield was a record attendance and a victory for the home side. Next game for Edinburgh European cup 1/4 final, cost £15 adults and £5 kids expected crowd of 20k+.

Football is an entertainment industry and they need to face up to the fact that even the hardcoe diehards are not going to stump up in the region of £30 to watch a **** game, and to be ripped off for food and treated like **** by stewards etc. Time to wake up and smell the coffee for football in general.

By the way now given a choice between Edinburgh rugby and Hibs, my totally Hibs daft youngster would probably choose the rugby!! Sad but true.

****ing egg chaser!:devil:

weecounty hibby
21-02-2012, 03:46 PM
****ing egg chaser!:devil:

Good day out spike old boy. Want a ticket for you, Maria and kids for the next round?:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Closing stands/ areas of the stadium is a brutal idea. We should be looking to better ways to fill it as it is, not admitting defeat and going backwards. Honestly can't believe what I've just read.

I fully agree with this.

First of all I'm a new member - joined today - and this is my first post, so hello to Hibees everywhere. :flag:

ER is now a fantastic stadium; easily the best club ground in Scotland outwith the Old Firm. The problem with filling it at the moment, as others have said, is the triple whammy of a poor team playing in a poor league, expensive ticket prices, and economic recession. There isn't much we can do about the last problem, but we could be more proactive in relation to pricing and getting more fans involved. The club already has some terrific offers on season tickets for families, but I feel more could be done in relation to the pricing of adult season tickets and the cost of individual matches for both adults and kids. By filling the stadium via reduced prices, the club could actually increase revenue, and there have been a number of good suggestions made in this thread regarding the figures.

A couple of other thoughts - a loyalty discount for those who retain their season ticket through the years. Each season's renewal is rewarded with a slightly bigger percentage discount than the previous season.

The unemployed and those on other benefits - Win back those who have been priced out of football altogether. St Mirren have a discount scheme for the unemployed. Hibernian could adopt this and expand upon it by including those on other types of benefit. Makes sense for a club that was founded upon a social mission to help the vulnerable.

Kids - do everything possible to win support of the youngesters and so guarantee the future of the club. Incentivise those without season tickets to introduce the next generation of supporters.

The potential is there to fill the stadium. It requires the right policies on and off the pitch. It would be great to see new policies designed to minimise the number of empty seats.

RIP
21-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Some of the ideas re deals for kids and unemployed need explored.

And despite the best efforts of a couple of posters to move us singers out the East that is not an idea that anyone will be progressing. The club don't want it and the 330 who signed the petition for an East Stand Singing Section are not interested either. If we do relocate it's more likely going to be nearer the half way line.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2012, 11:19 PM

And despite the best efforts of a couple of posters to move us singers out the East that is not an idea that anyone will be progressing. The club don't want it and the 330 who signed the petition for an East Stand Singing Section are not interested either. If we do relocate it's more likely going to be nearer the half way line.

I think its a huge mistake both the club and the supporters dont want this move. I believe what you are doing is superb, and should be backed, but in my opinion you will never win everyone over in the east stand.

Its clear you annoy the hell out of some folk in there now, you only have to read these and other boards to see this.

A stand solely for the more vociferous support imo is the only way you will survive. I hope i'm wrong, and we fill the east with what you are doing, but i dont see it.

GreenCastle
22-02-2012, 09:22 AM

You make it sound like people are trying to evict you from the East!

I don't think that's the case - just simply people suggesting ideas for the section to grow - be located in an area that wouldn't annoy any east standers (I am happy with you there but think the FF lower would suit you better).

When did this petition take place you talk about take place?

What were the clubs reasons for not wanting it there and when did they state this?

Central in the East Stand would maybe work better than the side of the East - but I can imagine you may have problems finding unreserved seats.

Remember like Blackpool - we are not having a go saying the section is a bad idea - just for it to keep evolving and to try and generate noise in other areas of the ground it may be worth a trial run at least.

RIP
22-02-2012, 09:32 AM
I think its a huge mistake both the club and the supporters dont want this move. I believe what you are doing is superb, and should be backed, but in my opinion you will never win everyone over in the east stand.

Its clear you annoy the hell out of some folk in there now, you only have to read these and other boards to see this.

A stand solely for the more vociferous support imo is the only way you will survive. I hope i'm wrong, and we fill the east with what you are doing, but i dont see it.

Gary - I'm thinking you are overcomplicating things here. We're only taking about singing support for the team FFS! Since my brother and I were old enough to go to Hibs games on our own (late 60's) we've stood with the more vociferous Hibbies and sung. All that happened last year is Hibs replaced the gantry position with an allocated area in the new stand where Hibbies could stand and sing, a bit to the left of where we used to be. Hardly rocket science.

Nobody's trying to win anybody over or annoy anybody either. Just sing and create the odd display. In all the years we've stood and sung neither brother or I have heard a single complaint about our singing - which given how tuneless it is is quite surprising :greengrin The lads of 70's and 80's vintage in S43 I was talking to after the match were actually joking about setting up an 'oldies' section in S42 for the next game. Not sure we will be trotting out the same material though :wink:

Care to join us?

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2012, 09:43 AM
You make it sound like people are trying to evict you from the East!

I don't think that's the case - just simply people suggesting ideas for the section to grow - be located in an area that wouldn't annoy any east standers (I am happy with you there but think the FF lower would suit you better).

What were the clubs reasons for not wanting it there and when did they state this?

Central in the East Stand would maybe work better than the side of the East - but I can imagine you may have problems finding unreserved seats.

Remember like Blackpool - we are not having a go saying the section is a bad idea - just for it to keep evolving and to try and generate noise in other areas of the ground it may be worth a trial run at least.

:agree: I'm not sure just how loud those singing in the singing section think they are, but my seats in the east, and i can hear the odd song now and again. I can make the words out now and again, but its really not very loud at all. I can hear the away stand much better all the time, even when Inverness are in the south stand.

I feel the bottom tier behind the goals is a much better option.
1 nobody who does not want bothered with noise needs to go there.
2 Its more compact, and easier to fill.
3 We'd have the team shooting into a goal filled with our fans, sucking the ball in towards the goal.
4 We would all hear and see them, the noise is lost where it is now. With everyone being able to hear and see it, more folk would be inclined to join imo.
5 the singing section would get away with your more risky behaviour in their own stand.

There will be many more positives for having its own stand, but i believe you will never be accepted, or be able to change folks point of view in a shared stand.

RIP
22-02-2012, 12:30 PM
You're trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't exist lads. I turn up, go to the East wi my family and mates and sing. Starting singing under the North roof and moved to the East in the 80's when we lowered the terracing and put a roof over it? It's the part of the ground where linked minded souls congregate.

You can give me all the reasons you like for moving me back and others to the North but even if I could stand in there I still wouldn't give up my view of both ends of the pitch. So it won't be happening.

I don't think you will get anybody else interested in your idea - but I guess you are doing no harm by dreaming. I'll give you peace to talk amongst yourselves.:rolleyes:

As for all that bit about 'being accepted' 'risky behaviour' :wtf:

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2012, 12:46 PM
You're trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't exist lads. I turn up, go to the East wi my family and mates and sing. Starting singing under the North roof and moved to the East in the 80's when we lowered the terracing and put a roof over it? It's the part of the ground where linked minded souls congregate.

You can give me all the reasons you like for moving me back and others to the North but even if I could stand in there I still wouldn't give up my view of both ends of the pitch. So it won't be happening.

I don't think you will get anybody else interested in your idea - but I guess you are doing no harm by dreaming. I'll give you peace to talk amongst yourselves.:rolleyes:

I'd say you have had many problems since this was started, you only need to read these boards to see that.

I'm only suggesting how it could be better, and would thrive. As it is now, i think it will die off within a season or 2.

RIP
22-02-2012, 04:30 PM

Petition thread
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?177069-East-Stand-Singing-Section-Capital-Greens-Ultra-s-etc/page4&highlight=east+stand+singing+section

Idea started here - see the post from NJ Hibee :greengrin
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?175892-New-East-Stand-Capital-Greens-Singing-support-etc&highlight=east+stand+singing+section

Totally agree NJH - my personal opinion is top 10 rows of section 40 to 42

I'd say you have had many problems since this was started, you only need to read these boards to see that.

Teething problems - most of which have been eradicated. Very few non-Hibs songs now, got rid of Mercer and paedo crap. Virtually no negative feedback this year face to face and none of the radges there pay much notice to messageboard chat.

Got lockers fitted, flag and streamer displays more regular, home made flags been created, away singing improved. Still singing for longer than in old East despite the miserable home form. Not bad considering we've had bugger all to sing about for a year. Green Brigade are great now but it's taken them 5 years. Rome and all that

Sammy7nil
22-02-2012, 10:21 PM
FIR PARK
TONIGHT WAS EVEYTHING WE HAVE LOST AT ER

Great atmosphere well done to the home fans, our stadium will never be like that unless there is a DREASTIC change in our fortunes and by that I mean challenging for the league. Therefore it will never happen.

Big Frank
22-02-2012, 10:24 PM
FIR PARK
TONIGHT WAS EVEYTHING WE HAVE LOST AT ER

Great atmosphere well done to the home fans, our stadium will never be like that unless there is a DREASTIC change in our fortunes and by that I mean challenging for the league. Therefore it will never happen.

Dude, murderwell dropped their prices. They are coming off the back of a very decent pumping of the yams. They are seriously looking for 2nd place and are playing some of the best football they have in years.

If we were in the same boat, ER would be rocking.

Keep the Faith

cabbageandribs1875
22-02-2012, 10:29 PM
i want the HMRC to check the official attendance figures at fir park tonight....certainly didnt look like 5700 empty seats :cb

Sammy7nil
22-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Dude, murderwell dropped their prices. They are coming off the back of a very decent pumping of the yams. They are seriously looking for 2nd place and are playing some of the best football they have in years.

If we were in the same boat, ER would be rocking.

Keep the Faith

The only way we will have ER rocking again is if we are top or 2nd.

We have Never been close to filling it and the completed stadium has arrived at EXACTLY the wrong time.
If Hibs played at home to a similar atmosphere to tonight we would perform better, unfortunately we would need 16,000 + to get the same effect and that aint happening any time soon.

marinello59
22-02-2012, 10:53 PM
I don't think the stadium is too big, we are just standing too close to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbd3E6tK2U

IWasThere2016
22-02-2012, 10:53 PM
The only way we will have ER rocking again is if we are top or 2nd.

We have Never been close to filling it and the completed stadium has arrived at EXACTLY the wrong time.
If Hibs played at home to a similar atmosphere to tonight we would perform better, unfortunately we would need 16,000 + to get the same effect and that aint happening any time soon.

That sadly is absolutely correct.