PDA

View Full Version : Four Goals for Messi

heretoday
19-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Barca 4 Valencia 1 currently and Messi has scored all the goals for his side. 5-1 now....Xavi.

hibee92
19-02-2012, 10:18 PM
We should get him on loan.

heretoday
19-02-2012, 10:20 PM
It was a joy to watch. Purges all thoughts of today's events at ER.

HibsNutter
19-02-2012, 10:26 PM
he is easily the best player of his generation, joy to watch!

IberianHibernian
19-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Barcelona win 5 v 1 against the 3rd best team in Spain ( and arguably better than any English team ) is another indication of influence of money in game . SPL is not only national league which has become boring with a massive difference between top 2 and rest . Big clubs like Valencia and Atletico Madrid have had terrible financial problems trying to compete with big 2 just as Hibs , Hearts and Dons have in Scotland .

HibeeBigFly
19-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Barcelona win 5 v 1 against the 3rd best team in Spain ( and arguably better than any English team ) is another indication of influence of money in game . SPL is not only national league which has become boring with a massive difference between top 2 and rest . Big clubs like Valencia and Atletico Madrid have had terrible financial problems trying to compete with big 2 just as Hibs , Hearts and Dons have in Scotland .

Sad but true. Messi was outstanding. Real Madrid will be on the end of a similar score when they next play at camp nou. The relectunance in Scotland to give our young players game time is what worries me. I blame the size of our league and the fear of dropping into sfl. Barca lately have been starting- montoya, tello, sergi roberto, Cuenca, thiago, jonathon dos santos. All of that list are around 19 years old.

GreenPJ
19-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Sad but true. Messi was outstanding. Real Madrid will be on the end of a similar score when they next play at camp nou. The relectunance in Scotland to give our young players game time is what worries me. I blame the size of our league and the fear of dropping into sfl. Barca lately have been starting- montoya, tello, sergi roberto, Cuenca, thiago, jonathon dos santos. All of that list are around 19 years old.

I haven't worked it out but what is the average age of the Hibs team today. Only Stack would be over 30 with the rest being around the 23/24 mark in general?

Sir David Gray
19-02-2012, 11:44 PM
I haven't worked it out but what is the average age of the Hibs team today. Only Stack would be over 30 with the rest being around the 23/24 mark in general?

Average age of the team that started today was 24.

HibeeBigFly
19-02-2012, 11:46 PM

It wasn't really about hibs who have been better than most in fairness and hopefully we should reap the rewards of the game time wotherspoon, booth and hanlon have been getting. The epl is has got it worse if you ask me with young homegrown players having fewer chances than ever. It's refreshing to see teams like Barcelona and Bilbao regularly looking to the academy/b team.

essexhibee
19-02-2012, 11:52 PM
It wasn't really about hibs who have been better than most in fairness and hopefully we should reap the rewards of the game time wotherspoon, booth and hanlon have been getting. The epl is has got it worse if you ask me with young homegrown players having fewer chances than ever. It's refreshing to see teams like Barcelona and Bilbao regularly looking to the academy/b team.

Totally agree its a real problem in england. Was at a League 2 match yesterday, Southend v Crewe. And even Southend had 3-4 foreign players in the starting eleven. When even the lower leagues start looking abroad it's a real issue.