PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings Today.

Centre Hawf
19-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I know we got beat 5-0 but i thought there was SOME positives, and i thought we played quite well. :duck:

Stack: 2 - He was terrible today, thought he maybe could have came and atleast punched the ball for the first goal and the 3rd he was beaten on his side, and the 4th... dont get me started.

Doherty 4 - Tried to beat his man a bit too much and a coupe of errors like the one early one put us on the backfoot and we certainly didn't need to invite pressure on us.

McPake 6 - Won everything in the air he went for even at the other end, and didn't make a fault for the goals. I definitely think hes a decent centre half

Hanlon 5 - same as McPake i didn't think he done much wrong either.

Kujabi 5 - Going forward he was excellant but looked a tad shaky when the ball was in our third again though looks a good signing.

Stevenson 7 - My MOM he never stopped running today and there was one instance when he cleared it off the line and ran the length of the field to get into the attack. Should have scored in the first half though.

Osbourne 6 - Some lovely touches and passes tracked back and got forward. Looks like hes going to become a good player.

Claros 5 - put the foot in when needed to, shame he didn't his brown harder. Didn't go hiding though which is a bonus.

Wotherspoon 4 - should have scored as well and didn't really do much for me at all.

Doyle 5 - held the ball up well and got himself about but never looked like scoring at all.

Griffiths 5 - see Doyle

Subs:
Francombe - 5
O'Connor - 3
O'Donovan - 4

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Eh ?

Sorry mate ... I usually try not to pick on the players and never, ever boo individuals or the team as a whole.

But I have to say that today we were as a unit totally woefull in just about every department, we pretty well never even got the ball into the box more than a couple of times in 90 minutes, which is truly pathetic and celtic were able to waltze past our defence seemingly at will.

Sorry, but that was as abject a performance as I can ever remember by a Hibs team at home and I'm afraid that even a cup half full type happy clapper like me can find nothing to say about that game apart from to say that the sooner it is forgotten the better.

Love the Green
19-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I know we got beat 5-0 but i thought there was SOME positives, and i thought we played quite well. :duck:

Stack: 2 - He was terrible today, thought he maybe could have came and atleast punched the ball for the first goal and the 3rd he was beaten on his side, and the 4th... dont get me started.

Doherty 4 - Tried to beat his man a bit too much and a coupe of errors like the one early one put us on the backfoot and we certainly didn't need to invite pressure on us.

McPake 6 - Won everything in the air he went for even at the other end, and didn't make a fault for the goals. I definitely think hes a decent centre half

Kujabi 5 - Going forward he was excellant but looked a tad shaky when the ball was in our third again though looks a good signing.

Stevenson 7 - My MOM he never stopped running today and there was one instance when he cleared it off the line and ran the length of the field to get into the attack. Should have scored in the first half though.

Osbourne 6 - Some lovely touches and passes tracked back and got forward. Looks like hes going to become a good player.

Claros 5 - put the foot in when needed to, shame he didn't his brown harder. Didn't go hiding though which is a bonus.

Wotherspoon 4 - should have scored as well and didn't really do much for me at all.

Doyle 5 - held the ball up well and got himself about but never looked like scoring at all.

Griffiths 5 - see Doyle

Subs:
Francombe - 5
O'Connor - 3
O'Donovan - 4

Sorry hate to slag the players off but you must be ****in joking, Doyle was PATHETIC today like a wee primary schoolboy playing against seniors, timid, slow to react and very weak...cant see him doing anything for us despite it still being early in his career at ER.

"keep the faith"

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Eh ?

Sorry mate ... I usually try not to pick on the players and never, ever boo individuals or the team as a whole.

But I have to say that today we were as a unit totally woefull in just about every department, we pretty well never even got the ball into the box more than a couple of times in 90 minutes, which is truly pathetic and celtic were able to waltze past our defence seemingly at will.

Sorry, but that was as abject a performance as I can ever remember by a Hibs team at home and I'm afraid that even a cup half full type happy clapper like me can find nothing to say about that game apart from to say that the sooner it is forgotten the better.

Exactly, I can't recall their keeper having any save of note, the fact he was out at half time warming up speaks volumes......

Elephant Stone

Griffiths 5 - see Doyle

Subs:
Francombe - 5
O'Connor - 3
O'Donovan - 4

I don't understand how people consistently rate Osbourne so highly. I couldn't count the times he gave the ball away today through slack passing, I honestly think some people are seeing what they want to see in him most of the time. He showed glimpses of talent earlier in the season but IMO he just hasn't done enough to get the easy ride he's enjoyed on his forum. He did no more than Wotherspoon today in terms of finding a team mate, possibly even gave the ball away more, but he escapes the kind of criticism reserved for other players. I'm yet to be convinced.

The Harp Awakes

Griffiths 5 - see Doyle

Subs:
Francombe - 5
O'Connor - 3
O'Donovan - 4

I think your marks are fair enough with the exception of Osbourne who I thought was slow and pretty much anonymous. How Wotherspoon stayed on the park for 90 minutes is bewildering.

Green forever
Although the game was overas a contest when he came on, I thought GOC did ok and much better than of late.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't understand how people consistently rate Osbourne so highly. I couldn't count the times he gave the ball away today through slack passing, I honestly think some people are seeing what they want to see in him most of the time. He showed glimpses of talent earlier in the season but IMO he just hasn't done enough to get the easy ride he's enjoyed on his forum. He did no more than Wotherspoon today in terms of finding a team mate, possible even gave the ball away more, but he escapes the kind of criticism reserved for other players. I'm yet to be convinced.

Spot on, not tough enough, gives ball away, saunters around pointing at others, runs about trying to look busy, but ultimately doing hee haw.... Frustrating player to watch.......

The Harp Awakes
19-02-2012, 08:38 PM
I don't understand how people consistently rate Osbourne so highly. I couldn't count the times he gave the ball away today through slack passing, I honestly think some people are seeing what they want to see in him most of the time. He showed glimpses of talent earlier in the season but IMO he just hasn't done enough to get the easy ride he's enjoyed on his forum. He did no more than Wotherspoon today in terms of finding a team mate, possible even gave the ball away more, but he escapes the kind of criticism reserved for other players. I'm yet to be convinced.

Said exactly the same thing to my laddie at the game today. Osbourne is another one who needs a rocket up his arse. His movement is often sluggish, wants too long on the ball and is often anonymous. There's certainly a player there but he doesn't show it enough for me.

HibbyAndy
19-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Stevenson was Hibs best player, Argue away amongst yourselves But he was.

GOC, No bad when he came on.

Osbourne constantly gave the ball away

Mcpake, Absolute woeful from the man mountain that won every ball v Killie

The rest were shight too.

We have a problem.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2012, 08:48 PM

Griffiths 5 - see Doyle

Subs:
Francombe - 5
O'Connor - 3
O'Donovan - 4

Sorry but we've just lost 5-0, which was our worst home defeat in over a quarter of a century, so I really don't see how anyone in our side can be given a rating of 6 or 7/10.

TrinityHibs
19-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Sorry hate to slag the players off but you must be ****in joking, Doyle was PATHETIC today like a wee primary schoolboy playing against seniors, timid, slow to react and very weak...cant see him doing anything for us despite it still being early in his career at ER.

"keep the faith"

Thats 2 down and 9 to go so far today

EasterRoad4Ever
19-02-2012, 08:51 PM

We have a problem.

Don't disagree with this, but it just shows you how far Hibs have fallen in the last few years when Stephenson is our MOTM over the last few weeks. He's a below average SPL player but still the best on show for Hibs - which ties in with us being bottom of the SPL. We need players "like" Stephenson to get us out of this mess, but many of those playing today didn't look like they cared enough. Hibs are staring relegation in the face, but a lot of those players won;t be here next season - and they show it.

Love the Green
19-02-2012, 08:53 PM

We have a problem.

:top marks
try to "keep the faith"

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2012, 08:54 PM
don't disagree with this, but it just shows you how far hibs have fallen in the last few years when stephenson is our motm over the last few weeks. He's a below average spl player but still the best on show for hibs - which ties in with us being bottom of the spl. We need players "like" stephenson to get us out of this mess, but many of those playing today didn't look like they cared enough. Hibs are staring relegation in the face, but a lot of those players won;t be here next season - and they show it.

stevenson

Centre Hawf
19-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Sorry but we've just lost 5-0, which was our worst home defeat in over a quarter of a century, so I really don't see how anyone in our side can be given a rating of 6 or 7/10.

I know 5-0 sounds terrible and it is but 5 flattered them imo, apart from anything in the final third i thought there positives to be had from it all and if we move the ball like we did at times today against motherwell on wednesday i think we will have no problem getting the 3 points.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2012, 08:58 PM

"keep the faith"

:agree: LOI his level unfortunately

hibsbollah
19-02-2012, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=EasterRoad4Ever;3121628]but it just shows you how far Hibs have fallen in the last few years when Stephenson is our MOTM over the last few weeks.QUOTE]

This is getting silly now:thumbsup:

DH1875
19-02-2012, 09:26 PM

We have a problem.

Spot on :agree:.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2012, 09:40 PM
I know 5-0 sounds terrible and it is but 5 flattered them imo, apart from anything in the final third i thought there positives to be had from it all and if we move the ball like we did at times today against motherwell on wednesday i think we will have no problem getting the 3 points.

I really don't think it did flatter them, to be brutally honest.

Ledley had a long run that was totally unopposed and then he shot from about 20 yards out that should at least have been on target, they hit the bar near the end and Stack made a decent save from Stokes in the second half, although Hooper was offside in the lead up to that attack.

For the final 10 minutes, they just passed the ball about, keeping possession.

If they had wanted to, they could have scored 8 or 9 today.

Looking at the bigger picture, I'm not overly concerned as I know that Celtic, on that form, will probably score a number of goals against most teams but we need to be honest here and accept that we were never in the game today, in any way, shape or form.

Greenblood70
19-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Eh ?

Agree with the above, abject all over the pitch today. We've competed well in the last couple of games prior to today but were shocking this afternoon.

Centre Hawf
19-02-2012, 10:15 PM
For the final 10 minutes, they just passed the ball about, keeping possession.

Final 10 minutes the games long gone and what fight we had went with it. But for about 50 minutes to an hour i thought we looked ok in terms of actually passing the ball. Not the worst performance i've seen from us this season.

GreenPJ
19-02-2012, 10:32 PM
As soon as the 3rd goal went in the heads were down. For the first half despite being 2 down from 2 soft goals I did not think we were totally outplayed by a team who by a mile are the best in the SPL and have strength in depth like no other team.

Docherty and Kujabi were not as impressive as last week and Stack I would say was culpable for 3 of the goals. With Docherty gonig off they had free reign down the right back channel as Francombe was constantly posted missing.

All in all a very bad day at the office but the positive is we won't come up against a team with that level of quality throughout it again this season (other than maybe in the cup final :greengrin)

I hope that the hiding in terms of scoreline and the poor performance in the second half will motivate them so they are really up for the Motherwell game.

essexhibee
19-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Doyle won nothing today. Too weak. Though I do think he has something and can succeed at this level he gets bullied off the ball to easily. Alongside another lightweight striker like Griffiths it just didn't work as the ball did not stick.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Stevenson 6 the rest 3, with stack getting a 1 for turning up with the correct kit.

PeterboroHibee
20-02-2012, 07:02 AM

I like Osbourne, he can be composed on the ball, make space and can actually pick a good pass going forward.

But he is so poor going the other way, his positioning is terrible, he doesnt follow runners, for a guy his size he isnt very physical and he isnt particularly quick to get back to help out. If we continue to play him it has to be part of a midfield 3 as the defensive side of his game is totally absent.

Septimus
20-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Hibs took to the field without a goalkeeper and against a goal machine like Celtic this is always going to make things difficult.

Liams
20-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Now I'm sorry, normally I would let people be entitled to there own opinion but how people can go away from that game and still say stevenson is a below average spl player is beyond me! Seriously you have to be kidding me,stevenson was our most dangerous player going forward and he had (could be wrong) our only shot on target. He puts 150% into every game, and still tried his heart out at 0-5. He does have great ability and it showed today, there was one incident near the end where he was closed down by 3-4 celtic players and managed to get pass them and then pass the ball off. So you can say what ever your want about my comments but you cant say he's a below average spl player. Rant over!

marinello59
20-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Now I'm sorry, normally I would let people be entitled to there own opinion but how people can go away from that game and still say stevenson is a below average spl player is beyond me! Seriously you have to be kidding me,stevenson was our most dangerous player going forward and he had (could be wrong) our only shot on target. He puts 150% into every game, and still tried his heart out at 0-5. He does have great ability and it showed today, there was one incident near the end where he was closed down by 3-4 celtic players and managed to get pass them and then pass the ball off. So you can say what ever your want about my comments but you cant say he's a below average spl player. Rant over!

It's simple, it's been said so many times on here it's become FACT. Lewis has done exactly what we were demanding of our players, raised his game considerably, yet he is still damned with faint praise.

IWasThere2016
20-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Stevenson 6 the rest 3, with stack getting a 1 for turning up with the correct kit.

I'd give Ozzy and Sparky a 4, and Doyle a 2 - otherwise that's spot on for me. 3 out of 10 would be the norm!

IFONLY
20-02-2012, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE=Liams;3122012]Now I'm sorry, normally I would let people be entitled to there own opinion but how people can go away from that game and still say stevenson is a below average spl player is beyond me! Seriously you have to be kidding me,stevenson was our most dangerous player going forward and he had (could be wrong) our only shot on target. He puts 150% into every game, and still tried his heart out at 0-5. He does have great ability and it showed today, there was one incident near the end where he was closed down by 3-4 celtic players and managed to get pass them and then pass the ball off. So you can say what ever your want about my comments but you cant say he's a below average spl player. Rant over![/QUO

Well said.When will Stevenson get the praise he deserves.Okay he is not the most skillful player at E.R but if passion and commitment count for anything he is top of the list IMO. If the often praised Osbourne put as much in to his game as Stevenson does we would have the makings of a good midfield

hibsbollah
20-02-2012, 08:32 AM
It's simple, it's been said so many times on here it's become FACT. Lewis has done exactly what we were demanding of our players, raised his game considerably, yet he is still damned with faint praise.

You've missed the logic here, marinello. Lewis playing well is merely a demonstration of Hibs problems. Following this logical fallacy to its logical conclusion, if Lewis scored a hattrick including a Hugo Sanchez-esque bicycle kick into the top corner from 25 yards and made four clearances off the line, we would be staring into the precipice as a club. Administration and Mercer coming back from the grave in a Shaun of the Dead parody doon Leith Walk would be the inevitable result.

Lewis Stevenson plays well=bad news for Hibs. Or something :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
20-02-2012, 09:09 AM

Sorry, disagree, if anything Celtic eased up on us second half. Hope you are right about Motherwell, for some reason we do seem to do well(no pun intended) against them.

Spike Mandela
20-02-2012, 09:13 AM
You've missed the logic here, marinello. Lewis playing well is merely a demonstration of Hibs problems. Following this logical fallacy to its logical conclusion, if Lewis scored a hattrick including a Hugo Sanchez-esque bicycle kick into the top corner from 25 yards and made four clearances off the line, we would be staring into the precipice as a club. Administration and Mercer coming back from the grave in a Shaun of the Dead parody doon Leith Walk would be the inevitable result.

Lewis Stevenson plays well=bad news for Hibs. Or something :rolleyes:

He played to the best of his ability, unlike others.

EVENTUALLY
20-02-2012, 11:11 AM
He played to the best of his ability, unlike others.

All aspects of the side have well and truly been gone over but posters on here for months by some things are not changing and keep happening.

Stack has played behind Murray, Hanlon, O'Hanlon, Stephenson, McPake,and Doherty in central defence and has consistently seen the ball headed past him from within the six yard box. I'm absolutely certain that other teams have targeted him as a goal line keeper who cannot or will not come for a cross. We need a decent keeper and have done for years.

I do see a difference in the side since Fenlon arrived and the performances against Killie and Aberdeen heartened me and we won't play Celtic again this season thankfully, unless it's in the cup, but the team needs drilling and drilling again on the training pitch. Stack has to start making an attempt to come for cross balls. McPake should have been informed by anyone who has watched Stokes over the last wee while that he always comes inside usually to shoot and seldom tries to outpace a defender down the line and that is what McPake should have done, shown him down the line. Billy Brown is there because of his knowledge of the SPL and he should be passing on everything to the loanees. Hanlon consistently leaves a leg in or hanging which forwards love to take advantage of around the D. He has to stop this, simply stop doing it and stay calm. The side is fitter under PF, I think Stevenson and Wotherspoon have great energy but lack different understandings of when to commit to spells of hard running to get forward or cover back which comes down to being game savy and team organisation. Doyle is dainty and has a flight of feet but is not too sharp at getting away from his marker with the ball at his feet, but he can contribute from a position a bit withdrawn from the front or played a bit wider. I think he should be tried there before the hits he is taking knock him physically and affect his confidence. Claros I like, Pa is decent and Doherty who had a poor start to the Celtic game is much much better than any right back we've had since Whittaker.

There is enough in the squad to keep Hibs in the SPL but they have to cut out the basic mistakes which were back big time to flatter a Celtic side who won't arrive at Easter Road again at the end of a great week when they did'nt kick a ball.

LaMotta
20-02-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't understand how people consistently rate Osbourne so highly. I couldn't count the times he gave the ball away today through slack passing, I honestly think some people are seeing what they want to see in him most of the time. He showed glimpses of talent earlier in the season but IMO he just hasn't done enough to get the easy ride he's enjoyed on his forum. He did no more than Wotherspoon today in terms of finding a team mate, possibly even gave the ball away more, but he escapes the kind of criticism reserved for other players. I'm yet to be convinced.

:agree: Have only seen about half of Hibs games this season, but have been reading on here how good this guy is. Mibbe i've only seen his bad games but, the amount of times he passes to nobody is amazing.

But he is so poor going the other way, his positioning is terrible, he doesnt follow runners, for a guy his size he isnt very physical and he isnt particularly quick to get back to help out. If we continue to play him it has to be part of a midfield 3 as the defensive side of his game is totally absent.

I would say that going forward he offers hee haw - have never seen him play a defence spliting pass, never gets into good goalscoring positions in the box, and seems incapbale of creating anything. I heard he was meant to be good at East End Park and at Parkhead earlier in the season, but as I say i've never seen him do anything of note going forward. When you combine that with your assessment of his defensive duties, that makes for a pretty poor central midfielder.