PDA

View Full Version : looking forward to ist division adventure

King Paddy
19-02-2012, 07:20 PM
This must sound crazy but i feel if we go down which is very likely at present
at the very least we might see Hibs actually winning some football matches.
I am sick to the back teeth of the humdrum boredom that is the SPL and look
forward to renewing aquantances with the Dundee's, Raith Rovers and Morton's
of this world. Yes the money aspect will hit us hard but on the positive side
we might be able to bring through some of our young players who at present
are not being given a chance through the predicament we find ourselves in.
I also have a hunch that the era of Farmer/Petrie might come to an end and
fresh start with new people of a football nature may galvanise our club.
Let's face it we are a shambles of a club going nowhere with little ambition
or drive from the top down and if we stay up by the skin of our teeth will
dejavou not still be in place next season?.

Dinkydoo
19-02-2012, 07:35 PM
What a load of rubbish.

If we get relegated, we might never come back up - relegation would be nothing other than an absolute disaster in the current climate.

edinburghhibs
19-02-2012, 07:56 PM
How on earth can anyone think that going down to the SFL is a good thing? So the young players will get a chance? Presumably they are not getting a chance now as they are not good enough to play in the SPL. This is the same lunacy espoused by some of those Tartan Army goons who seem to think the national team's failure is something we should all laugh about and enjoy. Hibs belong in the SPL. End of story.

Eyrie
19-02-2012, 08:06 PM
One bad performance against the runaway SPL winners does not relegate us. We've got plenty of time and plenty of less difficult games left, so we'll survive.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2012, 08:13 PM
I thought we had turned the corner after two clean sheets recently, however, Today was an absolute shocker, and we were lucky to get nil.....

I really hope we stop leaking woeful goals, and Today put a dent in our Goals column.....Dunfermline away to Celtic on Wednesday so hopefully they will get caned.....

I hope the players brought in can start to gel, and hopefully have enough quality to remain in SPL, anything other than safety, would be financially crippling and disastrous for us..............:rolleyes:

brianmc
19-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Hmm, shambles of a club going nowhere with little ambition?
And the OP's ambition is wanting us to get relegated ??

Go figure!

stubble
19-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Hibs are an SPL side... end of. I for one want nothing less than top 3 finishes every season. The thought of skirmishes with your Airdries and Raith Rovers horrifys me, as it should every sensible Hibs supporter. I do agree that the SPL is dire though.
:cb

Greenblood70
19-02-2012, 09:26 PM
The depths to which Hibs have fallen sicken me. Not enough to hope we are watching them in Div1 next year tho. Any talk of relegation being a good thing for the club is utter bollox.

Having said that, crowds in the SPL next season wont be much better..5k-7k will be the average outside the OF imo..we're looking at a similar scenario from the early 80s. Scottish football is in its death throes, not enough new fans are turning up, and who can blame them.

Sas_The_Hibby
19-02-2012, 09:30 PM
One bad performance against the runaway SPL winners does not relegate us. We've got plenty of time and plenty of less difficult games left, so we'll survive.

:confused: Like all the less difficult games we've been picking up three points from all season, you mean?!

People need to wake up and smell the coffee - we're in an extremely dangerous position and if Dunfermline weren't so woeful we'd be near enough relegated already.

Twa Cairpets
19-02-2012, 09:53 PM

You know, this kind of drivel just gets right up nose.

IF you are actually a Hibs fan - something I personally doubt - what possible benefit does this type of tripe of a post have to anybody. If you are a manic depressive, then fine, I forgive you, but I had a quick swatch through your post history. Not exactly one to post anything positive about anyone or anything to do with Hibs are you?

Interesting how when thigns have been ok youve kind of disappeared, isn't it.

Sniff sniff

Twa Cairpets
19-02-2012, 09:54 PM
:confused: Like all the less difficult games we've been picking up three points from all season, you mean?!

People need to wake up and smell the coffee - we're in an extremely dangerous position and if Dunfermline weren't so woeful we'd be near enough relegated already.

But they are, and we're not, so whats your point?

Hibby 2005
19-02-2012, 09:56 PM
And people on here wanted Dunfermline to win the other day so that ICT would be closer to us?

EasterRoad4Ever
19-02-2012, 10:07 PM

If Petrie tries to sell us the "big adventure" line again .... :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
19-02-2012, 10:50 PM

What makes you so certain that we would win matches in the first division next season?

At this moment in time, we have absolutely no idea what our squad is going to look like in the summer, most of our players are out of contract in the summer and if you think we have had problems trying to entice players to Easter Road to face a relegation battle, it's going to be practically impossible to persuade players to come to us when we would be offering them first division football.

Relegation would be a total disaster for Hibs and it's entirely possible that if we went down, we may well stay down for a number of years.

surreyhibbie
19-02-2012, 10:58 PM

IF you are actually a Hibs fan - something I personally doubt - what possible benefit does this type of tripe of a post have to anybody. If you are a manic depressive, then fine, I forgive you, but I had a quick swatch through your post history. Not exactly one to post anything positive about anyone or anything to do with Hibs are you?

Sniff sniff

:agree: Amazed he is still here.

IberianHibernian
19-02-2012, 11:07 PM
I suspect OP is on wind up but agree with a couple of his points . Crowds would probably be just as big at top of Div 1 ( or fighting for promotion ) as in middle of SPL or worse like this and last year . Obviously we`d miss money from OF and Hearts fans at ER and above all telly money but we`d take big travelling supports to Falkirk , Kirkcaldy , Dundee etc and teams like Falkirk and Partick would bring more fans to ER than ICT or St Johnstone do now . Relatively big clubs being relegated creates interest ( in Spain Deportivo de la Coruņa are getting much bigger crowds this year in second than they got in first in seasons when they were in Champions League ) and at present it`s obvious that there is a lot of apathy . Anyway , don`t think we`ll go down and am looking forward to Hibs finishing in top 4 next season under Fenlon though probably with a team that will have 6 or 7 new starters compared with today`s team .

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2012, 11:15 PM

It does!

matty_f
19-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Since going below us initially, I don't think Dunfermline have been above us since. We beat them at East End Park on our last visit there, and since the transfer window we've strengthened in (IIRC) seven positions. Dunfermline took two loan players from Rangers and a keeper. Why is everyone convinced that they're going to get a run of form that will take them clear, while we slide to oblivion??:confused:

We got a chasing today from a very good Celtc side that's on a huge winning run. It wasn't nice but it's not the game we should be judged on.

King Paddy
19-02-2012, 11:51 PM

Sniff sniff

Sniff sniff well wide of the mark mate. I am just as much a hibee as the best of them, so your yam
remark is off target.

King Paddy
19-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Since going below us initially, I don't think Dunfermline have been above us since. We beat them at East End Park on our last visit there, and since the transfer window we've strengthened in (IIRC) seven positions. Dunfermline took two loan players from Rangers and a keeper. Why is everyone convinced that they're going to get a run of form that will take them clear, while we slide to oblivion??:confused:

We got a chasing today from a very good Celtc side that's on a huge winning run. It wasn't nice but it's not the game we should be judged on.

As mixu has said on sportscene dunfermline have more players who are not loans,
we have 6 players who will go back to their clubs at the end of the season and won't give
a flying f.... whether we stay up or are relegated.

matty_f
20-02-2012, 12:07 AM
As mixu has said on sportscene dunfermline have more players who are not loans,
we have 6 players who will go back to their clubs at the end of the season and won't give
a flying f.... whether we stay up or are relegated.

Yep, and those players got us into the last 8 of the Scottish Cup with a win over Killie, then picked up a point against Aberdeen. Some of them even played when we beat Dunfermline at their place a few weeks back!

Those players are also, crucially, better than Dunfermline's players and all currently play for a team ahead of Dunfermline.

Spike Mandela
20-02-2012, 09:32 AM

Neither the Pars or ourselves look like winning games very often, I doubt either will go on a run of wins but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that either team could fluke one or two.

IWasThere2016
20-02-2012, 10:44 AM

True - but the judging to date has us joint bottom on goal difference - in poor form and in a two horse race for the drop.

deek
20-02-2012, 11:08 AM
To the OP, your post sounds nothing more than Glory hunting, if you want that tag then head west!!! The first division has it's place, but for me Hibs should never aim to be part of that. We are in trouble at the moment, but there is not one ounce of me that would wish anything other than fighting it out in the SPL.

Twa Cairpets
20-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Sniff sniff well wide of the mark mate. I am just as much a hibee as the best of them, so your yam
remark is off target.

Maybe it is well wide of the mark, but the available evidence would lead to to develop a hypothesis that suggests that you are not (at least in any meaningful way) a Hibs fan.

Why?

Post after post of negativity, "wee team" jibes, undermining of team, fans, club - I had a spare couple of minutes, and over the last couple of months you've posted nothing but anti-Hibs stuff, be it Farmer, Petrie, Hanlon, Fenlon, Wotherspoon or indeed any other player. You also claimed not to go anymore, so not only are you being a keyboard manager, you're doing it from a position of deliberate ignorance and feigned outrage, whilst contributing nothing to the club. It's like voting. If you are in a position to do so, and dont, you forfeit your right to complain.

You have also been conspicuous by your absence when we've had something good happen.

If you're not some cretinous yam on the wind-up, and are, in actual fact, at least nominally a Hibby, you are absolutely not the type I would want to class a "mate".

RiseAbove
20-02-2012, 11:54 AM

Lets put Sunday's result into perspective, Celtic are on a different planet to Hibs right now, they are on long winning streak, they are on a massive high due to the problems at Ibrox and they can now that they have wone the league they can relax and play good football.

What Hibs should have done yesterday was shut the doors at 2-0 at somepoint goal difference could very well come in to play.

Personally i think Hibs have made progress in recent weeks and will judge them on performances against Motherwell and Kilmarnock, although Motherwell will also be on a high thinking they can get second place.

Hibercelona
20-02-2012, 12:10 PM

Sniff sniff

I agree. But there are a lot of users on here who clearly aren't hibbys, yet seem to get away with the same tosh time and time again, while other people who are hibbys and care deeply for the club are accused of being yam bams, just for trying to have a realisitc view on the situation.

I personally think we are heading down. We are even worse than we were the last time we went down. We don't have any winners at the club from top to bottom.

I don't see any benefits from us going down either. Infact, I don't think we'd even get back up again, not for a long time.

Mikey
20-02-2012, 12:19 PM
But there are a lot of users on here who clearly aren't hibbys,

Who?

iain nolan
20-02-2012, 12:29 PM
How can you say HIBERNIAN is a SHAMBLES of a club i take it you dont buy papers or watch the news .If we a shambles what is RANGERS M8.maybe famer should sell up to a CRAIG WHYTE or DAVID DUFFY type and we be in 3rd divison never mind 1st. if you want to renew aquantances with Dundee,Mortons then go and watch LIVINGSTONE, 2 ex hibees there so there room for 3 if you want to join them . HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB is one off the best run clubs in scotland at the moment off the park . OK team been very poor on it this season and again the board has backed the new manager in transfer window to try and save the season you just cant blame everything going wrong on 2 men m8 what happens if we stay up and win SCOTTISH CUP we should make semi this will turn out to be best season since 1902 thats not a SHAMBLES is it :flag:

20-02-2012, 12:34 PM

Relegation would be a total embarrassment and a disaster for our club! And they way we are playing at the moment I wouldn't guarantee that we would come right back up. The very few decent players we have would move away, there would be no attraction for decent players coming in, the crowd would decrease even more, we would take a huge financial hit etc. etc. I can see absolutly no positives to getting relegated.

Its embarrasing enough sitting 11th and fighting to stay in the league, never mind actually going into the 1st division and loosing our SPL status.

Sammy7nil
20-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Yep, and those players got us into the last 8 of the Scottish Cup with a win over Killie, then picked up a point against Aberdeen. Some of them even played when we beat Dunfermline at their place a few weeks back!

Those players are also, crucially, better than Dunfermline's players and all currently play for a team ahead of Dunfermline.

Yip I agree and crucially they will all want to be fit come the end of May to get a new club.
If Hibs don't create a gap between us and the Pars quickly the last few games will be battles no place for the fainted hearted lets hope they are all still up for the fight come May.

P.S. I said battle and fight because we have proved over a number of months we don't do football.

heretoday
20-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Hibs will stay up. We beat Killie recently. They beat Rangers at the weekend. Don't judge things after a loss to Celtic, who are playing with ultimate confidence at the moment.

joebakerforever
20-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Hibs will stay up. We beat Killie recently. They beat Rangers at the weekend. Don't judge things after a loss to Celtic, who are playing with ultimate confidence at the moment.

Aye and Dunfermline beat Killie 3 - 0 at Rugby Park recently.

If we are to survive it will have to be by our own efforts, not smugly relying on Dunfermline being worse than ourselves.

Hibercelona
20-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Who?

I'll leave that to the people who are attentive enough to figure that out for themselves. :aok:

Hibercelona
20-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Aye and Dunfermline beat Killie 3 - 0 at Rugby Park recently.

If we are to survive it will have to be by our own efforts, not smugly relying on Dunfermline being worse than ourselves.

:agree:

Dunfermline won't be worse than us if they end the season with more points than we do. Being smug right now about any team in the SPL being worse than us right now is rather foolish.

allezsauzee
20-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Kneejerk reaction to heavy defeat by a team way better than anything else in the league. i don't think we can take survival for granted but if we are relegated it won't because we were pumped by Celtic.

Twa Cairpets
20-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Kneejerk reaction to heavy defeat by a team way better than anything else in the league. i don't think we can take survival for granted but if we are relegated it won't because we were pumped by Celtic.

Nutshell. A. In.

Mikey
20-02-2012, 01:22 PM
I'll leave that to the people who are attentive enough to figure that out for themselves. :aok:

You can PM me with their names.

And I'd be willing to bet that I've either met, or corresponded, with every one of them.

smurf
20-02-2012, 01:26 PM
A ridiculous opening post. Going down would be a disaster. We must and will pull away and out of this horrible relegation battle.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 01:28 PM
This thread is the absolute king of knee jerk threads. Of course we are in a very dangerous position league wise, yet before Sundays game 99% of us were happier than we have been in a very long time.

We are then pumped by the best team in this league by a long shot, and now we are worse than Dunfermline, and are surely relegated.

Only on here.

Spike Mandela
20-02-2012, 01:43 PM
This thread is the absolute king of knee jerk threads. Of course we are in a very dangerous position league wise, yet before Sundays game 99% of us were happier than we have been in a very long time.

We are then pumped by the best team in this league by a long shot, and now we are worse than Dunfermline, and are surely relegated.

Only on here.

We are neither certanties to get relegated or avoid relegation. We are very much in a two team dogfight.

With only one home league win this season perhaps the '99% of us that were happier' was even more of a kneejerk reaction to a 0-0 home draw against Aberdeen than the reaction to a heavy defeat by the Champions elect.

Speedway
20-02-2012, 01:49 PM
If Petrie tries to sell us the "big adventure" line again .... :rolleyes:

When did he try to sell us it the first time? (clue: he didn't)

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 01:55 PM
We are neither certanties to get relegated or avoid relegation. We are very much in a two team dogfight.

With only one home league win this season perhaps the '99% of us that were happier' was even more of a kneejerk reaction to a 0-0 home draw against Aberdeen than the reaction to a heavy defeat by the Champions elect.

I disagree, we played much better against Killie and Aberdeen, that was with players just acquired during the transfer window. Progress was clearly seen, then we have a horrendous display from Stack, throwing in at least 3 he should have stopped. A 2-0 defeat while never acceptable, would have been predictable.

Spike Mandela
20-02-2012, 02:12 PM
I disagree, we played much better against Killie and Aberdeen, that was with players just acquired during the transfer window. Progress was clearly seen, then we have a horrendous display from Stack, throwing in at least 3 he should have stopped. A 2-0 defeat while never acceptable, would have been predictable.

The only kneejerk reaction that is required now is that of the players. How they react to this gubbing will tell us a lot about them. Twelve games left now to get the wins required to get us out of this mess, starting Wednesday night.

Forza Fred
20-02-2012, 02:59 PM
The opening post is something that one would only really expect form a Yam infiltrator.