PDA

View Full Version : Creativity - Again

Hibees07
19-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I posted this a few weeks back and I still see it as being a major problem and one which could prevent us getting clear of Dunfermline.

Currently we are essentially playing 3 defensive midfielders possibly even 4 depending on your opinion of Wotherspoon. We have no creativity going forward, we have not one player capable of skinning a full-back or simply taking players on.

The last 3 homes games have produced 1 goal in 270 minutes and unless we start playing a more positive game we will always be hanging on for a result.

When you look at the better teams in the league they all have creative players, even Dunfermline play with 2 decent wingers who create a number of good chances (fortunately they are failing to take them).

I would suggest Stevenson & Claros do the holding role with Griffiths wide Left mid & O'Donnovan wide Right mid. O'Connor & Doyle up front.

Let's actually have a go at teams instead of trying to contain them.

Spike Mandela
20-02-2012, 09:31 AM
I posted this a few weeks back and I still see it as being a major problem and one which could prevent us getting clear of Dunfermline.

Currently we are essentially playing 3 defensive midfielders possibly even 4 depending on your opinion of Wotherspoon. We have no creativity going forward, we have not one player capable of skinning a full-back or simply taking players on.

The last 3 homes games have produced 1 goal in 270 minutes and unless we start playing a more positive game we will always be hanging on for a result.

When you look at the better teams in the league they all have creative players, even Dunfermline play with 2 decent wingers who create a number of good chances (fortunately they are failing to take them).

I would suggest Stevenson & Claros do the holding role with Griffiths wide Left mid & O'Donnovan wide Right mid. O'Connor & Doyle up front.

Hibs midfield this season has been the most outplayed, outpassed, outthought, outfought and least creative we have had for as long as I can remember.

I hoped that Claros would be the answer to this however he does seem to be a more defensive type. Having said that perhaps Celtic forced him to play in that fashion and we may see a more creative side of him against other teams.

Not sure about moving strikers like Griffiths back to midfield though, could you imagine our bench if all the strikers were playing from the start albeit two in midfield?

Golden Bear
20-02-2012, 10:08 AM

:agree:

I couldn't agree more.

We've went through a multitude of Managers and Players in recent seasons yet the same problem persists and there's no sign of it being resolved. The absence of an effective link between the midfield and our front players is a real concern but surely it's not insurmountable.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 10:19 AM

I couldn't agree more.

We've went through a multitude of Managers and Players in recent seasons yet the same problem persists and there's no sign of it being resolved. The absence of an effective link between the midfield and our front players is a real concern but surely it's not insurmountable.

Yesterday apart, we have all seen since the end of the transfer window a huge difference in the way we have defended.

We kept 2 clean sheets against Killie and the Dons. Fenlons first job was to make it more difficult for the opposition to score, he did that. The smellies are capable of doing what they did yesterday to anyone in our league.

The feel good factor was beginning to return, lets not go backwards in our support, we had an off day, we wont play a team anywhere near as good as them again this season.

Its one step at a time just now, we will be better defensively, and perhaps we have not quite got the balance right yet going forward, but we need everyone pulling in the same direction, we need to forget about yesterday and get behind the club from now until the end of the season, starting on Wednesday.