PDA

View Full Version : Wotherspoon (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Cameron1875
19-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Whats everyones opinion on him? Sorry if this sounds harsh but i have seen much better players in the lower divisions.

Did anyone see Fenlon go nuts at him for bottling it and kicking the ball back to celtic for a drop ball even though we should have had the ball?!

cabbageandribs1875
19-02-2012, 06:03 PM
better get yer tin hat oan:greengrin

Elephant Stone
19-02-2012, 06:05 PM
I thought maybe we'd seen him turn a corner last week but it was normal service resumed today. Terrible.

bingo70
19-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Such a lack of energy and enthusiasm for a young player.

Needs a rocket up his erse, if he doesn't start showing some urgency he'll fall out of professional football imo

hibee_girl
19-02-2012, 06:09 PM
I thought maybe we'd seen him turn a corner last week but it was normal service resumed today. Terrible.

:agree:

Last week was his best performance for some time, today he should have been hauled off at half time if not before.

Sas_The_Hibby
19-02-2012, 06:11 PM
He's suffered from a lack of leadership and role models in the club, like other younger players. My biggest complaint with him these days is that he seems to shirk going in for 50/50 balls and loses 60/40 balls when he does go in.

Still think he's got potential but needs proper coaching.

truehibernian
19-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Plays with no confidence, and it seems lead boots. Like Hanlon, one paced and often caught flat footed. He literally stops running for the fourth, leaving acres of space for Hooper and thinking Francomb can mark......too often today bullied and out muscled. The injury first half to Mulgrew was more down to DW being weak and not challenging, than Mulgrew mistiming.....plays with head down too which I can't stand. Look up, play with your head up, pick a pass, but do it quickly and with some pace.

Needs to work on his pace.....for some reason he has lost three yards. Shouldn't happen at his age.

California-Hibs
19-02-2012, 06:13 PM
better get yer tin hat oan:greengrin

Indeed. Some people have total blinkers on when it comes to certain Hibs players, pisses me off big time. I agree with the OP, Wotherspoon is completely DIRE! A waste of a jersey each week and a boy who does NOT deserve to be playing SPL football. He's most definatly a lower league player! Lacks pace...effort, the list goes on! Not good enough :agree:

stubble
19-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Wotherspoon, like Stevenson, is a trier and, like Stevenson, someone who threatens potential but fails to deliver. He, again like Stevenson, is 1st division material. He is not of the quality Hibs need to become a top 6 side. He is an interim player that PF will soon get shot of once this seasons relegation battle is won. :cb

SMAXXA
19-02-2012, 06:24 PM
I've said it time and time again he's not good enough, should be no where near the first team, he was again terrible today, worse than a man down. Bring back ivan I say and he deserved to be dropped when he was.

Elephant Stone
19-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Wotherspoon, like Stevenson, is a trier and, like Stevenson, someone who threatens potential but fails to deliver. He, again like Stevenson, is 1st division material. He is not of the quality Hibs need to become a top 6 side. He is an interim player that PF will soon get shot of once this seasons relegation battle is won. :cb

Stevenson has played miles better than Wotherspoon since PF has been here. If you can't see that then I think you must be determined not to. Up until recently I'd have agreed with you that Stevenson gives a lot of effort but doesn't have much quality, over the last couple of months I've changed my mind completely, I think we're seeing him develop into a really decent player who is starting to offer the team quite a lot. I don't think he's going to be someone we'll sell for a lot of money but he has a lot to offer for Hibs, if everyone around him was doing their job as effectively as he is we'd be in a completely different position.

JimBHibees
19-02-2012, 06:26 PM
I think Spoony is a decent young player and looks like he is playing with an injury giving the way he is running. He is playing now as Soares is injured so hope he can come back and give Spoony a rest.

smurf
19-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Very disappointing performance today.

Cameron1875
19-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Is it harsh to suggest Wotherspoon is a boy playing a mans game? I just get the feeling his crippling lack of confidence and willingness to go in for 50/50's will stop him being a good professional footballer.

SMAXXA
19-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I think Spoony is a decent young player and looks like he is playing with an injury giving the way he is running. He is playing now as Soares is injured so hope he can come back and give Spoony a rest.

No chance, if he had an injury he wouldn't be anywhere near involved, besides he must have been carrying this injury for a couple of years now. We need to stop making excuses for this guy, he's not good enough simple.

Atalanta
19-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Stevenson was streets ahead of Wotherspoon today. Stevenson was trying his heart out, albeit he is a player of limited ability. Wotherpoon was just rank. Bottles out of all 50/50 challenges, can't trap a ball, can't make a pass, lacks pace. Says it all. Just hopeless

Billy Whizz
19-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Stevenson was streets ahead of Wotherspoon today. Stevenson was trying his heart out, albeit he is a player of limited ability. Wotherpoon was just rank. Bottles out of all 50/50 challenges, can't trap a ball, can't make a pass, lacks pace. Says it all. Just hopeless

You omitted that he can't go past a man

stanton10
19-02-2012, 06:48 PM

absolutely nonsence he is not playing with a injury he is getting away with murder not good enough, and i dont know what he does to continually start games that where my doubt about pf ,begins .

JimBHibees
19-02-2012, 06:50 PM
No chance, if he had an injury he wouldn't be anywhere near involved, besides he must have been carrying this injury for a couple of years now. We need to stop making excuses for this guy, he's not good enough simple.

Players play with injuries all the time. It just looks to me like the way he is running he is restricted in some way. He is a decent young player who needs a break at present IMO.

JimBHibees
19-02-2012, 06:52 PM
absolutely nonsence he is not playing with a injury he is getting away with murder not good enough, and i dont know what he does to continually start games that where my doubt about pf ,begins .

How would you know he isnt as he looks like he is? As for your doubt about PF give it a rest, very yammish.

The Voice Of Reason
19-02-2012, 06:53 PM
I have said this many times before, but Wotherspoon is simply is not good enough.

The fact that he is a 1st team regular sums up why we are struggling so much.

He should not be playing professional football IMHO.

Dreadful.

The Voice Of Reason
19-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Players play with injuries all the time. It just looks to me like the way he is running he is restricted in some way. He is a decent young player who needs a break at present IMO.

Sorry Jim, but why do you think he is "decent" ?

Does he have pace? NO

Does he have power? NO

Can he beat a man regularly? NO

Does he score goals? NO

Can he defend well? NO

Does he create things? NO

He should be nowhere near our 1st team, letalone a 1st team regular, the guy is gash.

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Very disappointing game from him for sure.

Still don't think there's a need for a thread everytime he has a poor game though. Still, every Hibs team needs a scapegoat.

Mark79
19-02-2012, 06:58 PM
He is slower than a week in jail. Waste of a jersey at present. Had high hopes for this guy but has suffered under yogi and clueless and isn't where he should be in his development. Shame really.

JimBHibees
19-02-2012, 06:59 PM

Does he have pace? NO

Does he have power? NO

Does he score goals? NO

Can he defend well? NO

He should be nowhere near our 1st team, letalone a 1st team regular, the guy is gash.

Good touch and technique and can pass a ball. Obviously good enough to play well for under 21s and do well. He wouldnt be playing for Hibs if he was as bad as you are suggesting.

IanFaeClerrie
19-02-2012, 06:59 PM

Stevenson delivers week after week when no-one else in the team does. Wotherspoon fails to deliver week after week although as someoen above said, all he needs is coaching and pace

JimBHibees
19-02-2012, 07:00 PM

Still don't think there's a need for a thread everytime he has a poor game though. Still, every Hibs team needs a scapegoat.

Totally agree.

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2012, 07:00 PM

Does he have pace? NO

Does he have power? NO

Does he score goals? NO

Can he defend well? NO

Just out of curiosity, which of our current midfielders do you think would be a 'Yes' to any of these questions?

The Voice Of Reason
19-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Just out of curiosity, which of our current midfielders do you think would be a 'Yes' to any of these questions?

Whilst none of them are wold beaters (understatement of the year) the rest of the midfielders at least have something :-

Stevenson -gets stuck in, tries
Osbourne - can create things and occasionaly gets stuck in
Sproule - has pace and a bit of fire in his belly
"Pitbull" - too early to tell

Can you please tell us what you think Wotherspoon offers ?

The Voice Of Reason
19-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Good touch and technique and can pass a ball. Obviously good enough to play well for under 21s and do well. He wouldnt be playing for Hibs if he was as bad as you are suggesting.

That's the problem Jim - He IS playing for Hibs, which sums up why we are struggling so much!

The guy is not good enough!

Albion Hibs
19-02-2012, 07:15 PM
He had a good game last week, two weeks on the bounce was probably too much to expect. I have said it before the amount of appearances he has for hibs amazes me. The excuses that get made for him are outragous, age, lack of leadership, managers etc etc lets be honest he is perhaps not good enough, not as good as we would like him or need him to be.

If he was not one of our young players he would be the boo boy or have been emptied a long time ago.

Forums like this all to often build players up too much, McPake is the most recent example 'a great player' after one game and got fed is erse for 90 mins the day.

The Voice Of Reason
19-02-2012, 07:17 PM
He had a good game last week, two weeks on the bounce was probably too much to expect. I have said it before the amount of appearances he has for hibs amazes me. The excuses that get made for him are outragous, age, lack of leadership, managers etc etc lets be honest he is perhaps not good enough, not as good as we would like him or need him to be.

If he was not one of our young players he would be the boo boy or have been emptied a long time ago.

Forums like this all to often build players up too much, McPake is the most recent example 'a great player' after one game and got fed is erse for 90 mins the day.

stanton10
19-02-2012, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;3121344]How would you know he isnt as he looks like he is? As for your doubt about PF give it a rest, very yammish.[/Q
I am entitled to my opinion does the truth hurt you and never mind the yammish,

SMAXXA
19-02-2012, 07:30 PM

The harsh reality is, is there's a thread about him almost every game he plays, how you can constantly defend him is beyond me. I don't believe he is a scapegoat for a minute, lewis took stick, he's improved and is getting credited for this. Wotherspoon has been terrible for a long time now, if this is the standard of player you would be happy to see in a hibs team you'd best get used to us being in this position year in year out.

People need not open their eyes and see his performances objectively, forget his age, how long he's been here, different positions etc, what he is producing regularly is far short of what is required for a spl player imo.

JimBHibees
19-02-2012, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;3121344]How would you know he isnt as he looks like he is? As for your doubt about PF give it a rest, very yammish.[/Q
I am entitled to my opinion does the truth hurt you and never mind the yammish,

I am not sure it is the truth though, you said there is no chance of him carrying an injury which you cant possibly know.

stubble
19-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Stevenson delivers week after week when no-one else in the team does. Wotherspoon fails to deliver week after week although as someoen above said, all he needs is coaching and pace

Stevenson appears to deliver only because we have sunk so low that his team mates make him look good. Stevenson will be no where near the Hibs first team...in fact Easter Road, once PF has us in the top 3/4. Neither Wotherspoon or Stevenson are good enough to help take Hibs up to the upper tier of the SPL. They are interim players merely being used by PF because of desperation and lack of quality.:cb

stanton10
[QUOTE=stanton10;3121407]

I am not sure it is the truth though, you said there is no chance of him carrying an injury which you cant possibly know.

Well if he is playing with a injury my doubts about PF would be deeper ,he seems to play the 90 anyway ,

KingFranck
Had a poor game today as for the drop ball it was in front of us and clown of a ref told him to play it to them Spoony clearly didn't agree with it and neither did Fenlon!

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2012, 07:55 PM
The harsh reality is, is there's a thread about him almost every game he plays, how you can constantly defend him is beyond me. I don't believe he is a scapegoat for a minute, lewis took stick, he's improved and is getting credited for this. Wotherspoon has been terrible for a long time now, if this is the standard of player you would be happy to see in a hibs team you'd best get used to us being in this position year in year out.

People need not open their eyes and see his performances objectively, forget his age, how long he's been here, different positions etc, what he is producing regularly is far short of what is required for a spl player imo.

Constantly defend him? I didn't realise I was defending him when I said he was very disappointing. As for your reference to Stevenson taking stick for his performances in the past do you realy not see the irony? Stevenson was terrible for a long time, he sat out for a while and has come back strongly. The same can happen with Wotherspoon if he's cut a little bit of ****ing slack, but nah, we need to have this predictable "David Wotherspoon" thread every other week.

TrinityHibs
19-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Just checked before I typed this. Only Spoony seems to have his own kicking thread. For whatever reason he's not playing with confidence but he has the potential to be very good. If you want to get stuck into somebody today it should be Stack who was abysmal. Doyle was ineffectual. Griffiths ran about a lot (I like him as a player) but didnt produce. As was said on another thread we lost to a team who probably pay more each month to the guys in the stand than we do for our first team squad. They were just better than us today, as they most often are. It wasnt David Wotherspoons fault. Mibbee if more keyboard critics actually turned up it might allow Pat Fenlon to bring in players to support the younger guys development. Or is that too easy?

Love the Green
19-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Constantly defend him? I didn't realise I was defending him when I said he was very disappointing. As for your reference to Stevenson taking stick for his performances in the past do you realy not see the irony? Stevenson was terrible for a long time, he sat out for a while and has come back strongly. The same can happen with Wotherspoon if he's cut a little bit of ****ing slack, but nah, we need to have this predictable "David Wotherspoon" thread every other week.

Aye sure your no defending him:boo hoo:

Bishop Hibee
19-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Won't be upset if he goes. Players like him have us in 11th place.

IWasThere2016
19-02-2012, 08:18 PM

Yup - not good enough IMHO.

Green Cabbage 7
19-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Wotherspoon has the cheek to wear the number 7 shirt he has nowhere near the skill to be a number 7

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2012, 08:20 PM
He is slower than a week in jail. Waste of a jersey at present. Had high hopes for this guy but has suffered under yogi and clueless and isn't where he should be in his development. Shame really.

His best games for the club were under Hughes.

SMAXXA
19-02-2012, 08:22 PM

Yes I believe you constantly defend him, every thread I think I have seen where DW is getting critizised you are a constant with your defence of him, which of course is your perogative. Yes you said he was disapointing today, but hes been as bad and worse on previous occasions where you have always chose to spout the usual excuses or reasons for him not performing better rather than just saying what I believe the majority of others actually see in his performances.

Love the Green
19-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Just checked before I typed this. Only Spoony seems to have his own kicking thread. For whatever reason he's not playing with confidence but he has the potential to be very good. If you want to get stuck into somebody today it should be Stack who was abysmal. Doyle was ineffectual. Griffiths ran about a lot (I like him as a player) but didnt produce. As was said on another thread we lost to a team who probably pay more each month to the guys in the stand than we do for our first team squad. They were just better than us today, as they most often are. It wasnt David Wotherspoons fault. Mibbee if more keyboard critics actually turned up it might allow Pat Fenlon to bring in players to support the younger guys development. Or is that too easy?

There are just as many posters who stick up for him as slag him WHY?
The lad had massive potential with the 19's but even although he has played many positions he has been nothing short of terrible over the last year or more.
All aspects of his game are terrible and should be lucky to even get a seat on the bench in coming months.
Would not get in to any other SPL TEAM.

"KEEP THE FAITH"

Mark79
19-02-2012, 08:23 PM

But under Hughes he was right back, right midfield, right back, right midfield.

stanton10
19-02-2012, 08:25 PM

8 new players around him to-day but he cant come up with the goods not good enough develop or not.

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Yes I believe you constantly defend him, every thread I think I have seen where DW is getting critizised you are a constant with your defence of him, which of course is your perogative. Yes you said he was disapointing today, but hes been as bad and worse on previous occasions where you have always chose to spout the usual excuses or reasons for him not performing better rather than just saying what I believe the majority of others actually see in his performances.

TBH, I think its utterly pathetic that I have to DEFEND defending someone who takes an absolute roasting on here week in, week out. Now I'm being criticised for not coming on here and slating a player? This place is ****ing depressing!

Maybe I'm a little easy on DW, but its only because I know what a good player he CAN be. If he apply himself a little harder and work on his sharpness, I'm sure he can be an asset.

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Aye sure your no defending him:boo hoo:

Take your personal vendeatta's elsewhere. :aok:

HibbyAndy
19-02-2012, 08:39 PM
David Wotherspoon contributes absolute zero to the team, And those that reckon he does need a wake up call.

Love the Green
19-02-2012, 08:39 PM
TBH, I think its utterly pathetic that I have to DEFEND defending someone who takes an absolute roasting on here week in, week out. Now I'm being criticised for not coming on here and slating a player? This place is ****ing depressing!

Maybe I'm a little easy on DW, but its only because I know what a good player he CAN be. If he apply himself a little harder and work on his sharpness, I'm sure he can be an asset.

When did you dream about him being a good player over the last 12-15 months.
Tell me the games he has been a good players.
Soryy to all on the board tonie as I dont like pointing out any of our players being slagged but when people post with blinkers on it really annoys me..

"keep the faith":aok:

Holmesdale Hibs
19-02-2012, 08:43 PM
It's difficult to judge any individual on today's performance. The only conclusion I can see is that the team is collectively not good enough.

Wotherspoon looked really good when he first broke in to the team but hasn't really developed since then. He's still young though and I think it's worth sticking with him for an other couple of seasons. If he hasn't improved by then, he'll probably get binned and end up in the first division.

TrinityHibs
19-02-2012, 08:43 PM
8 new players around him to-day but he cant come up with the goods not good enough develop or not.

If we actually had 8 new players along side DW, Stack, Hanlon, Lewis, Griffiths and Ozzy on the pitch I might spend some time trying to justify to you why he is good enough. In fact having Doyle on the park today was like playing with 10 men. Thats 4 new players plus Doyle and I'm pretty sure we can only play with 11 unless you know something different If you want to slaughter players as opposed to support them then Stack and Doyle are easier targets.

TrinityHibs
19-02-2012, 08:44 PM
David Wotherspoon contributes absolute zero to the team, And those that reckon he does need a wake up call.

Just like Dean Shiels? and Stack?

EasterRoad4Ever
19-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Stevenson appears to deliver only because we have sunk so low that his team mates make him look good. Stevenson will be no where near the Hibs first team...in fact Easter Road, once PF has us in the top 3/4. Neither Wotherspoon or Stevenson are good enough to help take Hibs up to the upper tier of the SPL. They are interim players merely being used by PF because of desperation and lack of quality.:cb

100% agree with this.:agree:

stanton10
19-02-2012, 08:46 PM

sorry but no chance had so many chances that some other players would never get move him on,

HibbyAndy
19-02-2012, 08:47 PM

Care to elaborate cause you got me stumped here?..

DS would stroll right into this current Hibs team.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2012, 08:47 PM
But under Hughes he was right back, right midfield, right back, right midfield.

And his best games were under these circumstances. He thrived under Hughes.

HibbyAndy
19-02-2012, 08:56 PM

So you want to explain why you highlighted my post? Or do you just random pick posts and have no idea what your on about?

RickyS
19-02-2012, 08:56 PM

Spot on Andy, he has 9 this season so far thats probably more than Lewis, Ozzy, spoony have in their careers

TrinityHibs
19-02-2012, 08:57 PM

As you said on another thread a lot of folk on this forum thought Shiels contributed HeeHaw to the team. Only an impact player apparently. Sometimes you have to look at whats around him to see where the problem is. Did you think Stack or Doyle added more to the team today?

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2012, 08:57 PM
When did you dream about him being a good player over the last 12-15 months.
Tell me the games he has been a good players.
Soryy to all on the board tonie as I dont like pointing out any of our players being slagged but when people post with blinkers on it really annoys me..

"keep the faith":aok:

How about last week?

Don't even know why I bother answering you TBH, you're only here to carry out this sad agenda you have with me.

MSK
19-02-2012, 08:58 PM
David Wotherspoon contributes absolute zero to the team, And those that reckon he does need a wake up call.That must include Fenlon then because he can obviously see something to justify playing him week in week out ..

Love the Green
19-02-2012, 09:00 PM
How about last week?

Don't even know why I bother answering you TBH, you're only here to carry out this sad agenda you have with me.

Sorry you feel like that but maybe the truth hurts, last week? a very average performance but as he is a favouruite of yours it will be exagerated to very good.

"keep the faith"

3pm
And his best games were under these circumstances. He thrived under Hughes.

He'd be better having a few months at Livvy under Hughes. Won't happen though.

HibbyAndy
Spot on Andy, he has 9 this season so far thats probably more than Lewis, Ozzy, spoony have in their careers

Correct, And he has that panache, Eye for goal and has that creativity and can pass the ball through an eye of a needle, Still staggers me how you read on here all the time how he is not what we are looking for :hilarious....Aye we score goals for fun right enough eh.

MSK
I am entitled to my opinion does the truth hurt you and never mind the yammish,Oh theres a surprise ..a Wotherspoon thread & yer on it like a fly roond **** ..did he piss on your corn flakes or something ..?

Love the Green
19-02-2012, 09:01 PM
That must include Fenlon then because he can obviously see something to justify playing him week in week out ..

What does that prove look at the fannies Wenger plays each week.

HibbyAndy
19-02-2012, 09:02 PM
As you said on another thread a lot of folk on this forum thought Shiels contributed HeeHaw to the team. Only an impact player apparently. Sometimes you have to look at whats around him to see where the problem is. Did you think Stack or Doyle added more to the team today?

FWIW I thought Doyle looked like a wee lost boy today:agree:....Stack 'could' have done better for 2 goals today at least..

HibbyAndy
19-02-2012, 09:04 PM
That must include Fenlon then because he can obviously see something to justify playing him week in week out ..

What is it then?

MSK
19-02-2012, 09:05 PM
What does that prove look at the fannies Wenger plays each week.Couldnae really give a toss about Wenger or Arsenal ..

TrinityHibs
19-02-2012, 09:05 PM
So you want to explain why you highlighted my post? Or do you just random pick posts and have no idea what your on about?

I didnt just random pick your post. I was responding to your negativity about DW and highligting the fact that Dean Shiels was treated in a similar way by many forum users. (I know you didnt so was surprised at you going down a similar path) My point is he isnt playing well just now but he's not the only one. Lewis has and is often said not to be Hibs class yet he is currently our best player Sometimes you need to give the young guys a chance.

MSK
19-02-2012, 09:08 PM
What is it then?I dont know..you tell me ..we dont pick the team..Fenlon does, but going by your assumption Fenlon needs to wake up too because he plays him every week ..aye ..

Do you trust Fenlon Andy ..?

bookert
19-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Havn't been to many games over the past couple of seasons, but was there today and also at the kilmarnock cup game. I thought wotherspoon was our best attacking player against kilmarnock and today along with stevenson was the player who continued to do his joband kept his head up. Really dont understand the criticism. Did pitbull do anything at all after brown had a go at him, osbourne lost the ball badly for the second goal. Please dont get me started on the goalie,mark brown must be very poor.

J-C
19-02-2012, 09:09 PM
TBH I think he's found his level unfortunately for us, he'll have the occasional decent game, then 3-4 very average ones, lower Prem, top half Div 1 player at best.

HibbyAndy
19-02-2012, 09:13 PM
I didnt just random pick your post. I was responding to your negativity about DW and highligting the fact that Dean Shiels was treated in a similar way by many forum users. (I know you didnt so was surprised at you going down a similar path) My point is he isnt playing well just now but he's not the only one. Lewis has and is often said not to be Hibs class yet he is currently our best player Sometimes you need to give the young guys a chance.

If Lewis isnt hibs class we are doomed, As he has been the best player for weeks.

DW has been pish for months mate, I really dont see what he offers the side, Id cut my losses and bin him in the summer , IMO obviously...I know loads will disagree but i just dont see what he brings to this side. Started off well in his career,,That shot that rattled the post at Tynie, Constantly gives the ball away. Bin him.

GoldenMeerkat
19-02-2012, 09:15 PM
The reason Griffiths and Doyle were innefectual today was because the whole hibs midfield WERE innefectual, inept and incompetent as per usual.

HibbyAndy
19-02-2012, 09:15 PM
I dont know..you tell me ..we dont pick the team..Fenlon does, but going by your assumption Fenlon needs to wake up too because he plays him every week ..aye ..

Do you trust Fenlon Andy ..?

Course i do , I trust him to bring in better players in the summer.

Hibby 2005
19-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Stevenson and Wotherspoon should both have been binned at HT today but weren't.

I'd worry more about Pat Fenlon TBH.

SMAXXA
19-02-2012, 09:50 PM

Am gona guess you know him or something like that as I honestly cant see how you could defend him to the extent you have with the performances he has given. Your loyalty to him could be seen as comendable and as I said before your entitled to you view. What I would genuinley be interested to hear is, what is you actually think he brings to the party? What are his attributes that you think we can benefit from that another guy in our squad couldnt offer the same or to a greater extent? Genuine question Wother!

magnificent_seven
19-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Ah, here we go. The weekly slate David Wotherspoon thread. I wondered when this would come up. We have bigger problems than DW right now, and he certainly was not our worst player. Its becoming quite sad how people love to target him as a scapegoat when there are a lot more poorer players out there who clearly dont give a monkeys. At least he was still chasing down every ball and looking like he actually gave a when we were 5-0 down.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2012, 11:23 PM

You never watched the game did you?

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Am gona guess you know him or something like that as I honestly cant see how you could defend him to the extent you have with the performances he has given. Your loyalty to him could be seen as comendable and as I said before your entitled to you view. What I would genuinley be interested to hear is, what is you actually think he brings to the party? What are his attributes that you think we can benefit from that another guy in our squad couldnt offer the same or to a greater extent? Genuine question Wother!

"I must know how because I'm defending him" Are you ****ing high?

Aye, I guess the only reason Fenlon's been playing with him is because they're ****ing related.

Get a grip of yourself. I've come on here and been honest when DW has had an off game. Just because I'm not tearing into each part of his game like some folk suddenly I'm a brown noser.

GENUINE ANSWER SMAXXA, I defend him because I think there's a decent player in there. He can cross a ball, he has a bit of trickery about him and he can pick a pass WHEN HE'S ON FORM.

He had a **** game, he was one of many.

silverhibee
20-02-2012, 12:15 AM

Never been the same player since Yogi dropped him for the huns game at castle greyskull.

frazeHFC
20-02-2012, 12:16 AM
You never watched the game did you?

I am guessing the guy is just annoyed he missed the great chance. But from Stevenson you don't expect him to be a natural in those positions. I was very impressed with Stevenson, gave 100% as usual, chased everything and was great imo.

basehibby
20-02-2012, 12:34 AM
He's been being played as attacking RM by Fenlon as is his stated prefered position - looks good going into the box at times but chooses the wrong option and misses his passes far too often for my liking. Will he get better with time? I hope so, but the fact he's one of our more threatening midfielders - in being the most likely to get into the box - shows up the paucity of attacking talent we have in that department at the moment.

basehibby
20-02-2012, 12:37 AM
I am guessing the guy is just annoyed he missed the great chance. But from Stevenson you don't expect him to be a natural in those positions. I was very impressed with Stevenson, gave 100% as usual, chased everything and was great imo.

:confused: Why not??? He's a senior enough player in the squad now - should be able enough to keep the heid and make a good fist of these situations!

frazeHFC
20-02-2012, 12:38 AM
:confused: Why not??? He's a senior enough player in the squad now - should be able enough to keep the heid and make a good fist of these situations!

1 goal in 109 games.......thats why! :wink:

basehibby
20-02-2012, 12:49 AM
1 goal in 109 games.......thats why! :wink:

He's a football player - thus there should come a point where he's able to over come the nerves when in sight of goal. He's been getting forward a bit more recently which is no bad thing but I'm looking for a bit more composure from him in these situations - his strong defensive work is undone when he's giving the ball away in attacking situations.

frazeHFC
20-02-2012, 12:55 AM
He's a football player - thus there should come a point where he's able to over come the nerves when in sight of goal. He's been getting forward a bit more recently which is no bad thing but I'm looking for a bit more composure from him in these situations - his strong defensive work is undone when he's giving the ball away in attacking situations.

Yeah i agree. At the time i was thinking 'surely hit it low round the keeper and its in' but yeah he panicked. All i am saying is that for a player i see as defensive i would never say he was a natural at shooting and scoring goals.

basehibby
20-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Yeah i agree. At the time i was thinking 'surely hit it low round the keeper and its in' but yeah he panicked. All i am saying is that for a player i see as defensive i would never say he was a natural at shooting and scoring goals.

Think he also gave the ball away under little pressure when we were on the attack in the lead up to one of Celtic's goals - like I said, his solid defensive work counts for little if attacks are breaking down when they get to him.

Not trying to pick on Lewis here BTW but I object with the notion that he should somehow be exempt from contributing meaningfully to the creative side of our play.

Alex Trager
20-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Not being funny but it is like he has the hamstrings of a seventy year old. He's desperately unfit and unwilling to put a challenge in. If he had the pace and fitness levels a player of his position and age should have, he'd be a much better player. It was 18 on the clock yesterday and David looked to have just run a marathon. Its obscene that he is the way he is. He must be taken out the setup and given a severe fitness session. Even after the summer I thought he'd be good, he wasn't. I don't understand why

The Voice Of Reason
20-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Guys, we all want Wotherspoon to be good !

However the truth is that he has been really bad in almost every game he has played this season (he was OK against Celtic in the CIS Cup at Easter Rd and I believe he was OK last week vs Aberdeen (although I wasn't there)).

Please have a look at all the "Player Ratings" threads throughput the season, he has consistently been rated as well below pass marks in almost every game, and this is by US, the ones who watch him week in/week out. He sticks out as being poor even in our team of mass underpreformers !

The truth is that he should be nowhere near the 1st team at this moment in time, why does Fenlon pick him - that is the question !!!! Bewildering.

easty
20-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Maybe Wotherspoon will have 3 crap seasons then all of a sudden start running about and 'trying really hard' and 'giving his all' without ever actually contributing much going forward or protecting the defence. Then he'll start getting praise like Lewis Stevenson does, yeah?

Wotherspoon isn't playing well, clearly, but there's a better footballer there than Lewis Stevenson. But you can't really say that on .net as Stevenson is somewhat untouchable these days as he tries so damn hard.

bingo70
20-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Maybe Wotherspoon will have 3 crap seasons then all of a sudden start running about and 'trying really hard' and 'giving his all' without ever actually contributing much going forward or protecting the defence. Then he'll start getting praise like Lewis Stevenson does, yeah?

I've been trying to be a bit more tactfull about it but yeah, i agree

Andy74
20-02-2012, 09:21 AM

If we are going to start chasing Pat Fenlon out we may as well close the doors behind him.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 10:10 AM
We get pumped by a very decent smellies side, with a team assembled within the last couple of weeks, and Fenlon is taking the flack?

Jeezo? :confused:

Expecting Rain
20-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Wotherspoon is a very good young player who`s form will be indifferent because he is still learning the game, the same goes for Hanlon and Booth. I`ve seen lots of young players having poor games for Hibs, Mickey Weir, John Collins and Kenny Miller to name but a few, have patience with the youngsters, the team has just recently been part of a massive change in personel.

The Voice Of Reason
20-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Wotherspoon is a very good young player who`s form will be indifferent because he is still learning the game, the same goes for Hanlon and Booth. I`ve seen lots of young players having poor games for Hibs, Mickey Weir, John Collins and Kenny Miller to name but a few, have patience with the youngsters, the team has just recently been part of a massive change in personel.

Churcy, I do not disagree with your sentiments.......however Wotherspoon is nowhere near in the same league as Collins, Weir or Miller !

A dead horse can ony be flogged for so long. I simply do not think Wotherspoon will improve much (if at all) from where he is now. It's not as if he has any special pace, power or ability, so there is nothing there to suggest he will improve. I am already astonished at how many games he has played for us and will be even more astonished if he is still at Hibs for longer than his existing contract. Yogi will probably sgn him for Livingston.

Sad but true.

SMAXXA
20-02-2012, 10:52 AM

No he isn't IMO. Mackay Stevens, Johnny Russell, Templeton, Forrest are very good young players, DW is no where near as good or has any of the attributes that make these players as examples be classed as very good young players. I would take his form being indifferent but Its generally not, I can't remember the last time I've came out a game and thought DW was brilliant today, or even very good.

I think its a real shame cause I do like DW he's a decent lad but unfortunatley not good enough at this level at the moment IMO. I've said before maybe a loan to someone like livi wouldn't be such a bad idea.

TrinityHibs
22-02-2012, 09:52 PM
I know he wasnt playing tonight but did anyone think it was Spoonie's fault that we lost because he didnt turn up. Just asking like?:wink:

ballengeich
23-02-2012, 08:37 AM
I know he wasnt playing tonight but did anyone think it was Spoonie's fault that we lost because he didnt turn up. Just asking like?:wink:

Yes - Burn the witch!

IWasThere2016
23-02-2012, 09:39 AM
No he isn't IMO. Mackay Stevens, Johnny Russell, Templeton, Forrest are very good young players, DW is no where near as good or has any of the attributes that make these players as examples be classed as very good young players. I would take his form being indifferent but Its generally not, I can't remember the last time I've came out a game and thought DW was brilliant today, or even very good.

I think its a real shame cause I do like DW he's a decent lad but unfortunatley not good enough at this level at the moment IMO. I've said before maybe a loan to someone like livi wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Yup - there would be clubs looking at a higher level looking to sign those you mention .. the same is not true of DW. We need better.

H18sry
23-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Strange one tho, from starting to not even being on the bench,is he injured?

stanton10
23-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Strange one tho, from starting to not even being on the bench,is he injured?

Keep it like that,

MSK
23-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Keep it like that,Aw wind yer neck in man ..58 posts & at least 40 of them critical of Spoony or the club ..bet your a joy tae sit beside at a game ..:rolleyes:

tony
23-02-2012, 10:16 AM

Isn't Wotherspoon still regarded as a regular for the U21 squad? I don't see the boy week in week out, due to work, family and sanity commitments, but when i do go along I see a team who's confidence vanishes and who don't have a decent core: goalie,centre back, midfielder, front man to mentally carry the team through. He looks like what he is, a young man short of confidence in the green and white in a team short of confidence and leadership. Maybe the boy should leave, to allow him to find his game again. Like all young players he's worked his heart out to get where he is, and to lose it all in a team which is struggling is a huge shame to watch. Yes, he does stuff that makes me wince slightly, but it all seems to stem from that shocking lack of confidence. He's not a leader, he's a player that needs leaders around him to thrive. It is still a team game isnt it?

stanton10
23-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Aw wind yer neck in man ..58 posts & at least 40 of them critical of Spoony or the club ..bet your a joy tae sit beside at a game ..:rolleyes:

Not just him, whos counting posts, like the rest of spoony lovers wake up man.

MSK
23-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Not just him, whos counting posts, like the rest of spoony lovers wake up man.Im not a Spoony lover by any stretch but you seem hell bent on sticking the boot in at every opportunity regardless of how he plays..change the record ffs !!!!

stanton10
23-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Im not a Spoony lover by any stretch but you seem hell bent on sticking the boot in at every opportunity regardless of how he plays..change the record ffs !!!!

No another one that cant face the truth, if your happy watching this level of player you carry on but dinnae complain about results, just for the record have you seen him have a good game, ffs.

MSK
23-02-2012, 10:54 AM
No another one that cant face the truth, if your happy watching this level of player you carry on but dinnae complain about results, just for the record have you seen him have a good game, ffs.Yes I have seen him have a good game, you probably have too but you are too bitter to admit it ..

Your problem goes beyond Spoony having good or bad games, your problen is personal & Im quite sure I know the reason why ...however, you carry on yer wee personal agenda ...:aok:

stanton10
23-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Yes I have seen him have a good game, you probably have too but you are too bitter to admit it ..

Your problem goes beyond Spoony having good or bad games, your problen is personal & Im quite sure I know the reason why ...however, you carry on yer wee personal agenda ...:aok:

How can it be personal i dont know the guy or i have never met him but to be honest looks a nice enough lad but as i said before not good enough i think you are barking up the wrong tree [happyhibbie] but who knows he might be better than some of the players pf ,has got in time will tell, as for agenda i am aloud to put my point across thats why it is a forum,

JimBHibees
23-02-2012, 12:07 PM

I actually think this has been the case for a few weeks maybe him missing last night is an indication of it.

The Voice Of Reason
23-02-2012, 12:28 PM
I actually think this has been the case for a few weeks maybe him missing last night is an indication of it.

EH ?!?!? You are quoting your OWN post, then replying to yourself !!!!!

I think we get it, you think Wotherspoon is a talented player. As I have said previously, have a look back at all the "Player Ratings" threads for this season and you will see that most other fans think very differently (unfortunately). People can only comment on what they see on the park !

We are all entitled to our opinion (yourself included).

P.S Are you David Wotherspoon ?!?!?

JimBHibees
23-02-2012, 12:54 PM

I think we get it, you think Wotherspoon is a talented player. As I have said previously, have a look back at all the "Player Ratings" threads for this season and you will see that most other fans think very differently (unfortunately). People can only comment on what they see on the park !

For the hard of thinking this was to raise the point that I had previously thought he was playing with an injury which may now be seen to be the case and which some fans may have given him a bit of slack over.

The Voice Of Reason
23-02-2012, 01:07 PM
For the hard of thinking this was to raise the point that I had previously thought he was playing with an injury which may now be seen to be the case and which some fans may have given him a bit of slack over.

Oh excellent, thanks for clearing that up.

Re Wotherspoon's "injury" - he is not injured so your "point" is invalid. He was warming up and running freely just the same as the other subs both before the game and at half time (presume you were at the game to see this for yourself ?!?)

Keep it up though !

JimBHibees
23-02-2012, 01:27 PM

Re Wotherspoon's "injury" - he is not injured so your "point" is invalid. He was warming up and running freely just the same as the other subs both before the game and at half time (presume you were at the game to see this for yourself ?!?)

Keep it up though !

No wasnt at the game but thanks for filling me in. So he was warming up even though he wasnt a sub a bit unusual that.

You just crack on with slating the boy at every turn.

Peevemor
23-02-2012, 01:31 PM
No wasnt at the game but thanks for filling me in. So he was warming up even though he wasnt a sub a bit unusual that.

Maybe there was a doubt over someone else? :dunno:

JimBHibees
23-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Maybe there was a doubt over someone else? :dunno:

Yep sounds like it.

The Voice Of Reason
23-02-2012, 02:40 PM

No probs, that's the benefit of a message board - sharing of information and all that.

I am not "slating" Wotherspoon. There is nothing personal in it and he does seem like a decent lad. I am simply commenting on his dreadful (in my opinion) performances for the team I love and pay good money to watch. As I have said before, even in our team of underperforming goons, Wotherspoon actually stands out as being poor!

What I do not get Jim is people who defend the idefendible (is that a word?!?) The same happened with De Graaf who was clearly hopeless and did not/could not get any better ! To be fair, Wotherspoon does have age on his side and will hopefully get better...........however I am not seeing much to make me think that will happen.

Finally, just in case you think it is only me who "slates" Wotherspoon - please check back on all the "Player Ratings" threads this season. You will see what the vast vast majority of other fellow fans think the same as I do.

Are we good Jim ?!?!? (SMILEY)

Billy Whizz
23-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I think he was probably rested. Manager thought 3 games in a week was too much for him. Remember he's playing for Scotland next midweek against Holland. In total he may have played 5 games in total between Celtic and St Mirren games if he was selected for them all

JimBHibees
23-02-2012, 02:57 PM
I think he was probably rested. Manager thought 3 games in a week was too much for him. Remember he's playing for Scotland next midweek against Holland. In total he may have played 5 games in total between Celtic and St Mirren games if he was selected for them all

:agree: Especially when he is carrying an injury. :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-02-2012, 03:25 PM
I think we should stop giving up on players.

My mate who holds a season ticket up at Tannadice said John Rankin has been outstanding in their past four games, he went on to add that he has 'learnt' to shoot when appropriate and has a great eye for a pass. I might add he scored a 'raker' a few nights back.

Is there something wrong with Hibs that we cannot the best from our players, how can Rankin learn to shoot differently, coaching!!!!!

Under the description my Arab friend gave me, Rankin is exactly the type of player we are crying out for.......but we all know how that story ended!!
:greengrin

TrinityHibs
23-02-2012, 04:02 PM

Keep it up though !

This might just explain why DW gets so much stick. There was me, BBC Scotland and the fishy site thinking he wasnt on the bench yet you have managed to spot him. I suppose looking at it positively there was nothing negative in your comments about his warming up. Typical the one time he doesnt do anything wrong he's not there.They used to call Matin Peters The Ghost as he would appear in the box and the opposition wouldn't see him. Mibbees that the role for Spoonie going forward

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I have said this many times before, but Wotherspoon is simply is not good enough.

The fact that he is a 1st team regular sums up why we are struggling so much.

He should not be playing professional football IMHO.

Dreadful.

Does he have pace? NO

Does he have power? NO

Does he score goals? NO

Can he defend well? NO

Can you please tell us what you think Wotherspoon offers ?

That's the problem Jim - He IS playing for Hibs, which sums up why we are struggling so much!

The guy is not good enough!

Guys, we all want Wotherspoon to be good !

However the truth is that he has been really bad in almost every game he has played this season (he was OK against Celtic in the CIS Cup at Easter Rd and I believe he was OK last week vs Aberdeen (although I wasn't there)).

Please have a look at all the "Player Ratings" threads throughput the season, he has consistently been rated as well below pass marks in almost every game, and this is by US, the ones who watch him week in/week out. He sticks out as being poor even in our team of mass underpreformers !

The truth is that he should be nowhere near the 1st team at this moment in time, why does Fenlon pick him - that is the question !!!! Bewildering.

Churcy, I do not disagree with your sentiments.......however Wotherspoon is nowhere near in the same league as Collins, Weir or Miller !

A dead horse can ony be flogged for so long. I simply do not think Wotherspoon will improve much (if at all) from where he is now. It's not as if he has any special pace, power or ability, so there is nothing there to suggest he will improve. I am already astonished at how many games he has played for us and will be even more astonished if he is still at Hibs for longer than his existing contract. Yogi will probably sgn him for Livingston.

Sad but true.

Keep it up though !

No probs, that's the benefit of a message board - sharing of information and all that.

I am not "slating" Wotherspoon. There is nothing personal in it and he does seem like a decent lad. I am simply commenting on his dreadful (in my opinion) performances for the team I love and pay good money to watch. As I have said before, even in our team of underperforming goons, Wotherspoon actually stands out as being poor!

What I do not get Jim is people who defend the idefendible (is that a word?!?) The same happened with De Graaf who was clearly hopeless and did not/could not get any better ! To be fair, Wotherspoon does have age on his side and will hopefully get better...........however I am not seeing much to make me think that will happen.

Finally, just in case you think it is only me who "slates" Wotherspoon - please check back on all the "Player Ratings" threads this season. You will see what the vast vast majority of other fellow fans think the same as I do.

Are we good Jim ?!?!? (SMILEY)

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/stfu_b19fc1_492484.jpg

The Voice Of Reason
23-02-2012, 06:31 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/stfu_b19fc1_492484.jpg

Oh my goodness, I've got a stalker !

Yipee, I must be a celebrity !

:tee hee:

Hibees07
23-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Let's count our blessings that Wotherspoon is playing, it could be Martin 'Jimmy' Scott.

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Oh my goodness, I've got a stalker !

Yipee, I must be a celebrity !

:tee hee:

Believe it or not they're all from this one thread!

Please, tell us one more time your opinions on David Wotherspoon.

By the way, I bet you were very conspicuous by your absense when he was scoring a winning goal in Holland for the Under 21's and when he put us through to the next round of the cup. :aok:

TrinityHibs
23-02-2012, 06:59 PM

By the way, I bet you were very conspicuous by your absense when he was scoring a winning goal in Holland for the Under 21's and when he put us through to the next round of the cup. :aok:

Despite claims I think he was absent at Motherwell as well as DW wasnt on the pitch yet he saw him.

The Voice Of Reason
23-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Despite claims I think he was absent at Motherwell as well as DW wasnt on the pitch yet he saw him.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Albion Hibs
23-02-2012, 07:50 PM

I could not give a flying one about the under 21's it means absolutely nothing. The club that is at at the bottom of the table, and pays his wages could do with him scoring a few winning goals.....or even sticking in some decent performances back to back.

Jonnyboy
23-02-2012, 08:06 PM

Keep it up though !

oops

IWasThere2016
23-02-2012, 08:30 PM
I could not give a flying one about the under 21's it means absolutely nothing. The club that is at at the bottom of the table, and pays his wages could do with him scoring a few winning goals.....or even sticking in some decent performances back to back.

BIG hammer, wee nail and WHALLOP! :agree:

TrinityHibs
23-02-2012, 11:22 PM

Thats a fair comment. You could say the same about O Connor, Griffiths and Doyle as well. I think the whole team has to look at itself not just DW. I have still seen enough improvement since Pat came in to make me believe it can happen but they all have to get the finger out :thumbsup:

TrinityHibs
23-02-2012, 11:22 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

That made me laugh as well VOR

JimBHibees
24-02-2012, 08:40 AM
oops

So he is injured and wasnt warming up at Motherwell?

marinello59
24-02-2012, 08:54 AM

The Voice of Reason saw him warming up. So he must have been there.

The Voice Of Reason
24-02-2012, 08:56 AM

He was on the pitch at half time with the rest of the subs (unless he has a twin brother!)

Peevemor
24-02-2012, 09:01 AM
He was on the pitch at half time with the rest of the subs (unless he has a twin brother!)

Did he have a guitar?

Oh wait, that's Lewis Stevenson. :greengrin

marinello59
24-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Hibs should produce a book full of montage pictures entitled, 'Where's Wotherspoon.'' I'll email the marketing department at the club with this right away.

The Voice Of Reason
24-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Hibs should produce a book full of montage pictures entitled, 'Where's Wotherspoon.'' I'll email the marketing department at the club with this right away.

LOL ! (My Smileys aren't working!)

TrinityHibs
24-02-2012, 11:11 AM

Aw naw. You saw Vlad as well. Where's the lurking sub smiley when you need it? Mibbees DW was in the sub but thats probably an image too far for a family forum

Albion Hibs
24-02-2012, 11:36 AM

Either that or the manager was fuming that he was shooting his mouth off in the paper about dressing room discussions between the players and the management, allowing a story to be printed on the day of a very important game for us. I would be putting my money on that.

Wotherspiniesta
24-02-2012, 05:15 PM

MSK
24-02-2012, 05:39 PM
7944Ah ..he was at that yam jumble sale ..:agree:

marinello59
24-02-2012, 05:43 PM

:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
26-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Will score tonight.

Probably in a 3-0 hibs win at 230/1.

Saorsa
26-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Will score tonight.

Probably in a 3-0 hibs win at 230/1.:cheers:

HoboHarry
26-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Will score tonight.

I hope you are right but I do think it is a bit early too be on the sauce :na na:

EskbankHibby
26-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Will score tonight.

Liking your style HA but i can't see us keeping a clean sheet so i'll go for 4-1 to Hibs.:greengrin

easty
26-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Liking your style HA but i can't see us keeping a clean sheet so i'll go for 4-1 to Hibs.:greengrin

All depends on how we handle Higdon I reckon. Need to make sure we do the bullying in defence rather than let him do it his way.

Hermit Crab
26-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Will score tonight.

I hope you're right Andy. I took him as an anytime scorer and doubled it with Hibs to win 3-1 at 45/1. Fingers crossed.

Franck Stanton
26-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Will score tonight.

Loving your optimism :aok:

Craig_in_Prague
26-10-2012, 07:14 PM
good start

HoboHarry
26-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Will score tonight.

Lol........well done you :not worth

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Andy, you truly are the Voice Of Reason :aok:

essexhibee
26-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Only two to go!!

Westie1875
26-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Will score tonight.

Can you tell me tomorrow's lottery numbers please? :wink:

Craig_in_Prague
26-10-2012, 08:08 PM
lol

HibeeSince85
26-10-2012, 08:12 PM
You put money on it Andy?

Craig_in_Prague
26-10-2012, 08:15 PM
lol

Franck Stanton
26-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Will score tonight.

With the way things are going [posting this whilst we are 2-0 up], you could well be right.

[P:.S. Care to share your lottery numbers for this coming Sat ?]

Speedy
26-10-2012, 08:17 PM

Craig_in_Prague
26-10-2012, 08:18 PM
pmsl

renato
Haha, brilliant HA!

sleeping giant
Peach :thumbsup:

Next round is on Andy

essexhibee
26-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Jesus Christ unbelievable if this comes off!

Speedy
:worried: We don't want :7:

Steve-O
Unbelievable bet, fair play :greengrin

ChooseLife
26-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Nice bet!

Speedy
26-10-2012, 08:21 PM
You put money on it Andy?

Good question, let's hope so!

Stuarty27
26-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Let's hope he put a bet on here!!

hibeemikey21
26-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't think I have ever willed hibs to not score. I am doing exactly that now.

Frogga
26-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Def some match fixing going on tonight. Prime suspects - HibbyAndy, Stevie O'Reilly, David Wotherspoon and Michael Higdon.

Frogga
26-10-2012, 08:24 PM
;)

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Will score tonight.

Take it that was with DW First Scorer HA?

clerriehibs
26-10-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't think I have ever willed hibs to not score. I am doing exactly that now.

Sruff that!!!! C'mon hibs, championships can be won or lost on goal diff! Ask the merricks!!!!

HibbyAndy
26-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Take it that was with DW First Scorer HA?

It was Hutch:agree:

Steve-O
26-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Sruff that!!!! C'mon hibs, championships can be won or lost on goal diff! Ask the merricks!!!!

And to be honest, I hate seeing others win big money...MON THE 4th GOAL! :na na:

Speedy
26-10-2012, 08:29 PM
It was Hutch:agree:

What have you got on it?

muzzhfc
When was the last time we won 3-0 away from home?!

Craig_in_Prague
Andy.. mind me.. your old pal?

Hibeesforever
26-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Will score tonight.

Outstanding prediction, party Hibs Gangman style!

Saorsa
Your rounds when we're oot on the beers next week :greengrin :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy

What have you got on it?

Ill be honest, £10 ...Wish i had loads more but £10 was what i thought.

zlatan
26-10-2012, 08:34 PM
How twitchy is your arse right now?

Liam89
26-10-2012, 08:34 PM
**** me, great call!!

HibbyAndy
26-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Your rounds when we're oot on the beers next week :greengrin :thumbsup:

Defo Jamie:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:greengrin:cb:cb:aok::top marks

:flag:

HibeeSince85
26-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Some shout mate. Enjoy the winnings!

Pedantic_Hibee
26-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Is HibbyAndy tonight's referee?

Stuarty27
26-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Outrageous shout!

Fingers crossed no more goals!!!

Mon Dieu4
26-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Ill be honest, £10 ...Wish i had loads more but £10 was what i thought.

you could pretty much buy the yams with your winnings!!

Craig_in_Prague
26-10-2012, 08:40 PM
oh no !!!!

Pedantic_Hibee
Nooooooooo!!!!!!

easty
Ouch

Kenny1875
Boke!

Liam89
Ahhhhhhh bad luck!! feel for you mate

Stuarty27
Great play from weather spoon!! Sick mate feel for u

JoeTortolanoFanClub
Sorry.

hibeemikey21
Noooooooooooo.

You will forever hate young handling from this day forth.

Speedy
26-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Never been so disappointment to see Hibs score

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-10-2012, 08:42 PM
FFS! Sair yin mate!

Saorsa
He'll be your least favourite player from now, what a dull yin mate. You can still buy the drinks though :wink:

zlatan
http://www.animateit.net/data/media/august2009/th_ani_foo2.gif

hibeemikey21
Some shout mate. Enjoy the winnings!

I blame you.

HibeeSince85
26-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Oh no! Sare yin!

Speedy
26-10-2012, 08:44 PM
you could pretty much buy the yams with your winnings!!

Probably won't make Andy feel any better but he could probably still buy the yams if he wanted to.

english_hibee
gutted for you mate

dp00
Ouch

HibeeSince85
26-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I blame you.

I blame Spoony, what was he thinking skinning the defence to set up Handling.

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Andy, so unlucky pal.

TBF to you, you did say probably.

Stuarty27
26-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Never been so disappointment to see Hibs score

I was the same!! Never celebrated the goal!!

essexhibee
26-10-2012, 08:47 PM
So unlucky mate. So close!

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2012, 08:51 PM
I know we're all feeling Andy's pain right now, but lets talk about Wotherspoon.

He was fantastic tonight. Class. Surely he's won most of the fans around now?

djs69
26-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Will score tonight.

feel for you if you put money on it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

hibeemikey21
26-10-2012, 08:52 PM
I know we're all feeling Andy's pain right now, but lets talk about Wotherspoon.

He was fantastic tonight. Class. Surely he's won most of the fans around now?

He had until he went on that run at the end. Back to square one.

Someone please check on H.A.

KWJ
26-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Feel for you buddy, ouch. Great shout mind.

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Who's changed the title? That's just shan!

HibbyAndy
26-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Cheers guys....I did have a few bob on....

For 3-0 tho.....So ill make my exit, Gutted,,,,See you shortly tho Jamiie:greengrin

Saorsa
26-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Cheers guys....I did have a few bob on....

For 3-0 tho.....So ill make my exit, Gutted,,,,See you shortly tho Jamiie:greengrin:cheers:

Hibercelona
26-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Will score tonight.

http://i4.dealtwith.it/i/n/f04bda82db96968129a19c286513cef9/tumblr_lt6lsul99M1qdcgp6o3_250.gif

CallumLaidlaw
26-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Boy deserves a thread of his own.

First off, it's great to see this lad back to playing like he was when he first came on the scene. He has confidence again. Last season he looked slow, couldn't take a man on, couldn't cross a ball. This season is like a new signing. His goals have been superb this season, and he is running with the ball again.

Credit to Fenlon too tho. He is getting the best out of the guy. Often spoony's been played out of position. Whatever pats said, or fed him, it's working :flag:

hibsbollah
26-10-2012, 10:21 PM
I can't believe the transformation of both Wotherspoon and Paul Hanlon. They've gone from (arguably) two of our weakest links last season to two of our most important players.

:not worth

cam75
26-10-2012, 10:21 PM
It's the confidence messi and ibrahievach must be on tender hooks !

Jonnyboy
26-10-2012, 10:23 PM

First off, it's great to see this lad back to playing like he was when he first came on the scene. He has confidence again. Last season he looked slow, couldn't take a man on, couldn't cross a ball. This season is like a new signing. His goals have been superb this season, and he is running with the ball again.

Credit to Fenlon too tho. He is getting the best out of the guy. Often spoony's been played out of position. Whatever pats said, or fed him, it's working :flag:

I agree.

Brilliant goal, brilliant run and lay off for Danny's goal and an all round excellent performance.

Am chuffed for the laddie

ronaldo7
26-10-2012, 10:41 PM
A thread of his own, A thread of his oooooowwwwwwnnnn,

That boy Spoony, its a thread of his ooooooowwwwwwnnnn.

Well done David.

7 Hills
26-10-2012, 10:49 PM
He has ALWAYS been and ALWAYS WILL BE - a PLAYER! The only surprise for me has been how cowed he appeared to be last season!!! All he needed was a good injection of CONFIDENCE!!! If you're no' supporting - GET TAE!!! :na na:

number9dream
26-10-2012, 10:52 PM

New contract before Christmas must be top priority.

Hibbyradge
26-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Anyone else noticed they've taken loads of weight off him?

--------
26-10-2012, 10:56 PM

Credit to Fenlon too tho. He is getting the best out of the guy. Often spoony's been played out of position.
Whatever pats said, or fed him, it's working :flag:

Totally agree.

Yogi IMO played him in the wrong position, though to be fair the lad did play reasonably well at the back.

Calderwood almost wrecked him,and for a while I was wondering whether Pat Fenlon would be able to resurrect him as a player.

But recently DW's looked more and more the player he was promising to be when he first came into the big team, and if he carries on the way he's going, the only thing that'll keep him out of the Scotland team will be Potter's maroon-tinted specs.

That was a cracking goal tonight, and his work to play in young Handling was superb.

Though we should remember that if the young lad hadn't used his head, kept up with play and been in the right place at the right time ...

Credit where credit's due.

Wotherspiniesta
26-10-2012, 11:02 PM

Definately looks leaner. Looks a lot fitter aswell. Can you imagine him powering and weaving past defenders in the 97th minute last sesaon? 3 goals and about 8 assists so far:thumbsup:. Keep up the good work, D.

hibee92
26-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Take back everything I've said about him over the past 12 months.

Keep it up Spoony! :thumbsup:

mikethehibee69
26-10-2012, 11:19 PM
:thumbsup:Great celebration as well!! But seriously it's fantastic to see him playing with confidence and flair, well done young Spoony and how about another thunderbolt at the PBS on 3rd January:wink:

patlowe
26-10-2012, 11:19 PM
His 3 goals this season have been right out of the top drawer.

mikethehibee69
26-10-2012, 11:20 PM
:thumbsup::top marks
Take back everything I've said about him over the past 12 months.

Keep it up Spoony! :thumbsup:

hfc rd
27-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Really making me eat my own words. Based on his great performances this season, it's only a matter of time before the clubs from down south come sniffing around.

Wotherspiniesta
27-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Really making me eat my own words. Based on his great performances this season, it's only a matter of time before the clubs from down south come sniffing around.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?238753-Wotherspoon-to-Sheffield-Utd-%28EEN%29&highlight=wotherspoon+sheff+utd

Some cringeworthy reading, really.

Thankfully Pat knows a player :aok:

basehibby
27-10-2012, 12:26 AM
:thumbsup: Excellent thread - Spoony has truly excelled this season - he's really picked it up and has delivered influential performances - as well as pitching in with goals and assists his general ball retention has really stepped up a mark for me.

Partly to do with playing in a better team? maybe - but mainly due to a young man stepping up to the mark and rising to the chhallenge from what I've seen - hats off to you David! Keep it up and your feet on the ground and you can go places mate!

Go for it and keep working hard dude! :top marks

Spike Mandela
27-10-2012, 01:54 AM
I can't believe the transformation of both Wotherspoon and Paul Hanlon. They've gone from (arguably) two of our weakest links last season to two of our most important players.

:not worth

............or as Rod Petrie calls them saleable assets.:greengrin

OsloHibs
27-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Great post. He is playing with confidence, and his finishing has been Immense.
Keep it up :not worth

:flag:

Scott Allan Key
27-10-2012, 02:32 AM
Can't say I'm a gambler, been put off it since the horse I bet on in a Grand National was put down after breaking its leg. Will never understand someone willing their team to do worse in victory. Having said that, 3-0 would have better than I expected anyway, at least you didn't bet them to lose!

.Sean.
27-10-2012, 04:00 AM
He's been sensational recently. Far cry from booting a seat and near breaking my foot after he gave the ball away for the upteenth time against Hearts. He really is a player who thrives on confidence. Long may it contnue.

Steve-O
27-10-2012, 04:42 AM

Hopefully they've banned his mum from bringing cream cakes to training on Fridays :agree:

J-C
27-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Young players Like Spoony and Hanlon will always have blips in their performances, it's an age thing, difference being is we have a manager capable of putting an arm round their shoulders and keeping their chins up when not doing so well. Previous managers have either bullied younger players or basically ignored them, Mowbray and JC were 2 managers like Fenlon who appreciated the younger players and knew how to get the beet out of them.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Confidence - something you get from taking pelters over a season?

NGH
27-10-2012, 06:23 AM

Those will be more comfortable than tenterhooks.

Beefster
27-10-2012, 07:17 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?238753-Wotherspoon-to-Sheffield-Utd-%28EEN%29&highlight=wotherspoon+sheff+utd

Some cringeworthy reading, really.

Thankfully Pat knows a player :aok:

It's only 'cringeworthy' when the comments are taken out of context. At the time, and after a long spell of poor performances, some of the opinions were perfectly understandable.

marinello59
27-10-2012, 07:22 AM
It's only 'cringeworthy' when the comments are taken out of context. At the time, and after a long spell of poor performances, some of the opinions were perfectly understandable.