PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown

JCHibby
19-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Just wish pitbull had hit you harder!! Ar$e of the highest order

Titch
19-02-2012, 05:46 PM

:agree: cretin hope he gets whats coming to him the way he went down after every tackle then bounced right back up once the hibs player had been booked was disgraceful

essexhibee
19-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Moaning as if he'd never done that before. Arse. Arrogant tool.

hibee_girl
19-02-2012, 05:49 PM
He was only doing for them what he used to do for us.

ShanksSaidNo
19-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Showed a complete lack of class today. To be fair though after he had a go at Claros - our man completely shat it and didnae kick a ball all day. Poor considerin the reputation he came with.

Sas_The_Hibby
19-02-2012, 05:52 PM
He was only doing for them what he used to do for us.

:agree:

givescotlandfreedom
19-02-2012, 05:54 PM
He gets awful angry when he receives the kind of tackle he's always handing out.

truehibernian
19-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Would you have him in Hibs' midfield though.....he may have arrogance, but he is the complete midfielder. Bosses games.....we have no one close in that area.

Hibs_SW
19-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Would you have him in Hibs' midfield though.....he may have arrogance, but he is the complete midfielder. Bosses games.....we have no one close in that area.

NO we had him and now he has gone don't remember him
That bad to be honest he is an embarrassment!

truehibernian
19-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Like Ian Black though....draws the emphasis away from football at times, gets opposition wound up to point of not concentrating fully....then exposes the gaps. If you wouldn't take a player like Brown, you simply don't know your football.

hibsbollah
19-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Best Scottish central midfielder since John Collins. He was all over Claros today.

McD
19-02-2012, 06:14 PM
He got the usual OF refereeing treatment today, committed several niggly fouls today, any one of which could have drawn a yellow card, certainly persistent fouling, whilst hibs players were getting booked for similar fouls. Typical pish scottish refereeing.

easty
19-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Like Ian Black though....draws the emphasis away from football at times, gets opposition wound up to point of not concentrating fully....then exposes the gaps. If you wouldn't take a player like Brown, you simply don't know your football.

Ian Black isnt anywhere near Scott Browns level.

stubble
19-02-2012, 06:20 PM
We can only dream of a Scott Brown in our side. Any midfielder with half his ability and commitment would shine in this current Hibs side.:cb

19-02-2012, 06:25 PM
His play acting was an embarrassment, rolling around on the deck then bouncing right back up when the free kick was won or the hibs player was booked. He made a fool of himself.

However, I would have a player like him at hibs in a second. He gets stuck in and in peoples faces. He controls and bosses the midfield, something that none of our players do.

Hibs_SW
19-02-2012, 06:26 PM

It's all matter of opinion just cause u like him and I don't doesn't mean I don't know about football! I'm not saying we wouldn't benefit from someone who dominates the game in midfield but he takes it to far rolling about for anything when it's nowhere near the dirty tackles he has and still does put in!

Hibby Bairn
19-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Thought Brown was magic today. Lennon is building a very good side imo.

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2012, 06:30 PM
He got the usual OF refereeing treatment today, committed several niggly fouls today, any one of which could have drawn a yellow card, certainly persistent fouling, whilst hibs players were getting booked for similar fouls. Typical pish scottish refereeing.

Actually Brown did get booked.

Typical performance from a referee in an Old Firm game though, summed up by once instance in the first half. Mulgrew lands awkwardly on his shoulder, ref lets the play go on with Celtic in posession, Celtic gift possesion back to Hibs then the ref stops the game. When play resumes he tells Hibs to give the ball back to Celtic. Cheating barsteward.

Hibs Class
19-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Actually Brown did get booked.

Typical performance from a referee in an Old Firm game though, summed up by once instance in the first half. Mulgrew lands awkwardly on his shoulder, ref lets the play go on with Celtic in posession, Celtic gift possesion back to Hibs then the ref stops the game. When play resumes he tells Hibs to give the ball back to Celtic. Cheating barsteward.

You're right, he was booked, but much later than he should have been. He's always tended to push things until he's booked then to rein it in a little. He was given more leeway today by Thomson than he deserved, which meant he got away with more for longer.

Steven_Hibs
19-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Scott Brown showed his class aye, shouting at a guy who cannae speak English :rolleyes:

fishybeaver
19-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Utter joke Thompson was today the booking off Stevenson today he couldn't have got that more wrong if he tried

Phil D. Rolls
19-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Jeezo, is there no end to this whingeing? This is the same Scott Brown that stayed with us an extra six months to help us win the league cup, or is it someone else?

I bet Umbro get it in the neck next for designing that away kit. Bawbags, utter tools, nosewipes, aresepaper etc.

truehibernian
19-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Ian Black isnt anywhere near Scott Browns level.

That wasn't my point easty, although I think Black is an underrated footballer. My point was, as talented as Scott is, he also gets players and fans wound up, drawing or committing fouls....that sometimes leads to others ' taking their eye off the ball' and losing focus.....getting embroiled in unnecessary battles and forgetting their role.

He bossed the midfield as no one was given the job to stick to him like a limpet.....Claros and Osbourne dropped off, neither were tenacious. As a result, we gradually played deeper and deeper until our front men became detached. In short, we never pressed, we admired and ball watched all game.

And as an aside, Black has also bossed the midfield in every derby he has played. Annoyingly good player.

Argylehibby
19-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Jeezo, is there no end to this whingeing? This is the same Scott Brown that stayed with us an extra six months to help us win the league cup, or is it someone else?

I bet Umbro get it in the neck next for designing that away kit. Bawbags, utter tools, nosewipes, aresepaper etc.

Yep that’s him, the same Scott Brown who started the whole mess with him and Thomson wanting out of Hibs. The same Scott Brown who then stood back and let his pal take all the flack. (Yes his column in the Record added to Thomson’s vilification) The same Scott Brown who stayed with us for 6 months because we WOULDNT LET HIM GO. The same Scott Brown who got two of our guys booked today by pretending he had been poleaxed only to get up and sprint away when the cards were shown. The same Scott Brown that should have been at the back of the queue for a medal instead of having a hand on the cup as it was presented.

I can’t understand why this guy is held in such high esteem by Hibs fans.

I do agree on their away kit though, it's mingin!

JimBHibees
19-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Personally think his blatant acting over the Lewis booking was completely shameful and should be the sort of thing dealt with by the Compliance guy.

truehibernian
19-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Yep that’s him, the same Scott Brown who started the whole mess with him and Thomson wanting out of Hibs. The same Scott Brown who then stood back and let his pal take all the flack. (Yes his column in the Record added to Thomson’s vilification) The same Scott Brown who stayed with us for 6 months because we WOULDNT LET HIM GO. The same Scott Brown who got two of our guys booked today by pretending he had been poleaxed only to get up and sprint away when the cards were shown. The same Scott Brown that should have been at the back of the queue for a medal instead of having a hand on the cup as it was presented.

I can’t understand why this guy is held in such high esteem by Hibs fans.

I do agree on their away kit though, it's mingin!

If it's Leigh's booking, take a look at the tackle again and tell me that wasn't a sore one ?

Trust me, not having a wee Scott Brown love-in to myself, but the guy was class today from a footballing perspective. Got to the Hibs players, got to the crowd, played good football and our midfielders stood off and admired.

Hibs need that in our midfield.....a player you love to hate, but also can pick a pass and boss things. We are soft touch.....other managers and coaches say it day in day out. Easy to dominate. Brown is doing what he is good at and it worked.

Whether he had a hand on the cup or not, he was part of a very good, balanced, skilfull, Hibernian cup winning team. Personally couldn't care less if Tam McCourt puts his hands on a/the cup, as long as we win the thing.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2012, 08:23 PM

Classless little nerd, feigning injury and thinking he is a hardman.....

Argylehibby
19-02-2012, 08:31 PM
If it's Leigh's booking, take a look at the tackle again and tell me that wasn't a sore one ?

Whether he had a hand on the cup or not, he was part of a very good, balanced, skilfull, Hibernian cup winning team. Personally couldn't care less if Tam McCourt puts his hands on a/the cup, as long as we win the thing.

Look at the one with Stevenson though, holding his ankle as if it's broken, card produced he gets up and sprints like Usain Bolt.

As for the cup, the point I am making is simply he was every bit as bad as Thomson in that whole episode yet because the manager and board refused to let him leave he is considered a hero for helping us win the cup. Yes the guy did his bit to win in it , but dont make out he was doing us a favour being there because if he had his way he would have been away in January just like his pal.

Argylehibby
19-02-2012, 08:31 PM

:agree::agree:

Beefster
19-02-2012, 08:32 PM
I reckon we have more Scott Brown threads on here than we do for most Hibs players. I think we should give him a box of chocolates or something. Just so he knows how much we love him.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Hope all those people who have seem to have a love-in with Scott Brown on here every few months or so are reconsidering their position.

He did it a few times today but his antics near the end with the Lewis Stevenson booking was really shocking stuff and really angered me.

Totally unprofessional and made himself look like a complete fud. :bye:

I fully expect Vincent Lunny to have a look at this incident and be in touch with Celtic over the next couple of days...:rolleyes:

DH1875
19-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Best Scottish central midfielder since John Collins. He was all over Claros today.

:agree:. If he keeps it up he's in with a chance for player of the year this year.

jimmy-adjovi
20-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Can't fault the guy to be honest.Left the club with 4.4 million, and a major trophy

silverhibee
20-02-2012, 12:51 AM
:agree:. If he keeps it up he's in with a chance for player of the year this year.

No chance, Hooper or Stokes will win that prize, Brown has been injured for most of the season and has only started playing some decent football in the last six weeks, at the start of the season the soapdodgers were wanting rid of him because of the poor performances he was putting in for them.

Dunbar Hibee
20-02-2012, 01:53 AM

:agree: Yep. I actually had respect for him until today. ****in bawbag

Kaiser1962
20-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Thought Brown was magic today. Lennon is building a very good side imo.

I agree. :agree:

Unfortunately the over acting and disrespect are part of the game now.