PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

The Sea-gull
19-02-2012, 05:16 PM
For everyone who is having a go at Pat F on the match update thread, you sound just as ridiculous as everyone who was on predicting a hibs win today. Celtic might not be the best celtic team we have ever seen but they are battering a poor spl. They beat hearts 4 0 at the pbs recently and despite some on here thinking drawing a hearts team we have not beat in 3 years in the cup would be a good thing (another bit of misguided optimism on hibs net), the yams are at least a goal better than up just now so a 5 0 stands up. Today was dire but start to have a go at pf in a few games time if his new team does not pick up.

c31
19-02-2012, 05:27 PM
It was his defence that didn't defened it was his tactics that lost us at least four of the goals it was his choice to buy and play Doyle etc etc a more astute manager would have had a better game plan, again we get what we pay for - mixu Hughes and Calderwood were dire and at times clueless I'm afraid on early impressions of Pat is cut from the same block

marleyhib
19-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Too much effing perspective

Ferryhibby
19-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Be interested to hear which 4 goals 'tactics' lost, was it that the *** keeper cant come off his line for the first, or the free kick for the 3rd, or the *** keeper not able to save a ball going over his arms, or the ball hitting off a player in the box who didnt have a clue about it, the other IMO was good play by them i may be called someone with his head in the sand but this was just a bad day at the office, we were never goin to win this game, they were well up for this game and havent been unbeaten for 18 games for nothin, be surprised if they dont give Dunfermline a similar doin on wed, so we dust ourselves down and move onto the next game, no point in slaggin anyone off for it.

ackeygraham
19-02-2012, 06:18 PM
I have more faith in wee Paddy than CC, Mixu and spongebob squareheid, and if you thought we we're going to get something from todays game then you have been on the glue! Granted we had a fair amount of helping hand to give them the scoreline with Stack at fault for the FK and the long ranger from Hooper.

I'd also say that with 2 up front was also a gamble and suprised that didn't pack the midfield, but then thought worth a gamble trying too....OK didn't work but i'm sure it will be a lesson learnt and i'm sure Paddy will remember that.

I'd more like to see how we react against Motherwell on Wednesday, which is great timing for us rather than mourn over the scoreline for a week.

Come on Hibs - lets get some daylight between us and DAFC and start pulling back ICT into the scrap.

Bigbobajob
19-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Be interested to hear which 4 goals 'tactics' lost, was it that the *** keeper cant come off his line for the first, or the free kick for the 3rd, or the *** keeper not able to save a ball going over his arms, or the ball hitting off a player in the box who didnt have a clue about it, the other IMO was good play by them i may be called someone with his head in the sand but this was just a bad day at the office, we were never goin to win this game, they were well up for this game and havent been unbeaten for 18 games for nothin, be surprised if they dont give Dunfermline a similar doin on wed, so we dust ourselves down and move onto the next game, no point in slaggin anyone off for it.

My sentiments exactly. The gravity of the loss lays at the feet of the goalkeeper for me. Don't get me wrong we weren't going to get anything out of this game today, but the mistakes that stack made cost us imo.

Captain Trips
19-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Celtic are a better team and if they pick us apart then that is that however the marking and defending that led to certainly goal 2 have nothing to do with other teams ability.

Unfortunatly today Hibs helped making that the scoreline it was, dreadful stuff at the back today and some of it preventable.

Reaper
19-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I don't PF tactically but sum1 has to stand up and be counted. They didn't compete at all today. Very poor. Still, onwards and hopefully upwards.

mikethehibee69
19-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Lay of Fenlon he is doing his best, we were always going to get beat today, and Stack has to hold his hands up and take the blame, I'm glad we played 4-4-2 today, but did feel that Doyle had an off day, maybe on hindsight we should have played 4-5-1 but PF is learning, the signings he has made look like they will be good players when they are match fit, the team need to regroup and concentrate on playing Motherwell on Wednesday night and hopefully getting all 3 points. So stop berating the manager and start supporting him and we will survive :pfgwa. All the fans need to back the team, stop ******g moaning and actually turn up to support them, and I know I may get pelters for this, but to all the fans that left before the final whistle POOR POOR show:grr:. Support the team for 90 minutes!!!!!!!!!!
:offski:

Hibby cal
19-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Today was always going to be a write off.
We were playing a Celtic team(not great)
But good enough to beat any other team
In the spl this season.
These games are not the ones we really
Need to win, it's the ones around us in the
Bottom six.
Hopefully we get some moral back by wed
Night and make a better show of ourselves.
I thought Doyle , spoony , claros all had bad
Games to day. The pit bull seemed like a
Poodle. Thought lewis had a good game.
Oh !!!!! What was o'connors fake tan all about ???????
:pfgwa

bighairyfaeleith
19-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Never went today, we where always going to get horsed though.

However seen enough against Aberdeen and Kilmarnock to see we have made a lot of progress since december and what we need to do is keep behind the team and the management and not panic at one bad result.

We'll survive this season and be a completely different proposition next season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-02-2012, 10:42 PM
The perspective that we need is to accept that THIS season, 11th in the league is an achievement. Today was awfull. For the first time in ages, we were a complete sideshow in our own ground. Third best of two. The ole bit at the end when we couldn't get the ball was humiliating. Fenlon will get us out of this, but he is not responsible for getting us into it.

Hibby 2005
19-02-2012, 10:45 PM
We got beat 5-0 at home.