PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

hibee_girl
19-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Was he arguing with the West Stand fans at one point during the game?

It looked like from the East.

Steven_Hibs
19-02-2012, 05:18 PM
aye it looked like someone gave him pelters during and after the ref spoke with Fenlon and Thompson

givescotlandfreedom
19-02-2012, 05:31 PM
He always mouths of at the Hibs fans here. He seemed to take exception to the game being stopped when Doherty had blood pissing out of a cut on his head. Alan Thompson is equally odious.

essexhibee
19-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Horrible argumentative scrote. Easy to give it hidden behind your security posse !!

givescotlandfreedom
19-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Horrible argumentative scrote. Easy to give it hidden behind your security posse !!

Lennon was furious with us for taking exception to Emilio Izaguirre's trying to get Sproule sent off in the league cup game by pretending Ivan headbutted him in the face. How dare we!

mikethehibee69
19-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Yes he was saying to the fans that were screaming at him that the game shouldn't have been stopped when Doherty was lying on the ground with blood pouring from his cut, he turned round to us all and said it was a scratch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stand that ginger haired vermin, I dont condone the way he is treated by some, but I totally understand why it happens..................................Neil shut up and............................................... ..:lips seal

That is all:wink:

Hibs_SW
19-02-2012, 06:50 PM
I noticed he was given it laldy to the fans about something! He is an a*se of the highest order and just needs to shut his big mouth!

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2012, 08:07 PM
He is an odious little cretin, despicable little man.....

How many times did he stand on the pitch Today, thought they were not meant to be out of technical area?:confused:

19-02-2012, 08:12 PM
He is an odious little cretin, despicable little man.....

How many times did he stand on the pitch Today, thought they were not meant to be out of technical area?:confused:

Your not but as we have seen on countless other occassions, its one set of rules for the OF an another set for everyone else :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Your not but as we have seen on countless other occassions, its one set of rules for the OF an another set for everyone else :rolleyes:

Indeed.

Hainan Hibs
19-02-2012, 08:33 PM
I'll never forget the time we played them when Sauzee was in charge (finished 1-1 if I remember correctly). The ball went into the lower West Stand near the FF, Lennon went to collect the baw and a laddie no older than 14 casually dropped the baw at Lennon's feet. Instead of laughing it off Lennon proceeded to give the guy verbals which led to Lennon getting it tight the rest of the game.

Cue Lennon at full time picking the baw up and blootering it at us. Missed my heid by about a foot:greengrin

JimboHibs
03-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Interesting.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-11-2018, 10:08 AM
Well well well 🙄

JimBHibees
03-11-2018, 10:08 AM
Interesting.

Why?

The 90+2
03-11-2018, 10:13 AM
Interesting.

What is?

oldbutdim
03-11-2018, 10:13 AM
Why?

I fall for it every time.

"Why is this nutter arguing with himself?"
:confused:

Oh. Wait...…………………….
:grr:

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2018, 10:16 AM
Thing is, although there is some harsh words in here it's all based on things he has done to annoy people. Not simply his religion. Heat of the moment anger at an old firm opposition manager isn't anything new.

JimBHibees
03-11-2018, 10:19 AM
I fall for it every time.

"Why is this nutter arguing with himself?"
:confused:

Oh. Wait...…………………….
:grr:

:greengrin

04Sauzee
03-11-2018, 10:21 AM
I think there are a fair number of people on this forum who have said that since Lennon has been manager at Hibs they have changed their mind regarding him. People have been open and honest

Smartie
03-11-2018, 10:22 AM
I couldn't stand him when he was the Celtic manager.

I love him as Hibs manager.

J-C
03-11-2018, 10:24 AM
I think the point here is he argues a lot over many things, it's his nature.

James310
03-11-2018, 10:27 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned on the other threads but I saw this on twitter.

It’s the ‘she was gagging for it’ excuse.
By blaming the victim it tacitly minimises the incessant abuse, threats, hatred and, ultimately, violence he receives. It gives thugs a justification for brutality towards anyone who responds - however tamely - to the continual attacks.

My_Wife_Camille
03-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Thing is, although there is some harsh words in here it's all based on things he has done to annoy people. Not simply his religion. Heat of the moment anger at an old firm opposition manager isn't anything new.
Some of yours pre-Hibs Lennon quotes are particularly good 😂

SChibs
03-11-2018, 10:30 AM
It's funny how when Lafferty scored against Celtic he saluted to the Celtic fans but nothing was said about that from the Hearts fans. The salute was certainly meant to provoke the Celtic fans whereas Lennon seemed to just be having a laugh with the hearts fans.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Some of yours pre-Hibs Lennon quotes are particularly good 😂

Probably. I was a teen then.

Also a little strange you were looking through my post history but that's up to you.

H18 SFR
03-11-2018, 10:33 AM
I admire Lennon beyond measure. I'm married to a Roman Catholic Irish woman who when she first started her job with the NHS as a nurse was racially abused, mocked and generally made not to feel welcome (in Ayr).

I see/hear close up from her every now and then and it's not pretty.

We actually had a party for my birthday a fortnight ago and a close friend had recently started a relationship with a guy we've met a few times who is a Chief Inspector with the Police. Being a Rangers fan it was inevitable to me with alcohol involved something would be said. Later on in the night it did indeed come up and culminated in him singing the Billy Boys. I take a friend's son to the football home and away, he lost his dad and I see myself as his role model etc, he's 17 years old and of course loves and supports my wife so he then stepped in and the **** literally hit the fan.

The point I'm trying to make is that abuse of Roman Catholics is everywhere and Lennon is right, it needs to stop.

My_Wife_Camille
03-11-2018, 10:40 AM
Probably. I was a teen then.

Also a little strange you were looking through my post history but that's up to you.
Don’t worry, I wasn’t looking through your old posts. I looked at a couple of old Lennon threads on the back of this and your contributions jumped out as particularly hate filled and bitter.

As you say, you were a dumb teen then so no need to be so uptight, just laugh it off my friend 😂

Weegreenman
03-11-2018, 10:52 AM
I'll never forget the time we played them when Sauzee was in charge (finished 1-1 if I remember correctly). The ball went into the lower West Stand near the FF, Lennon went to collect the baw and a laddie no older than 14 casually dropped the baw at Lennon's feet. Instead of laughing it off Lennon proceeded to give the guy verbals which led to Lennon getting it tight the rest of the game.

Cue Lennon at full time picking the baw up and blootering it at us. Missed my heid by about a foot:greengrin

I remember this. I couldn’t stand him after that. It was wrong to do what he did that day but being a hot head myself, I totally get why he did it in the heat of the moment. Since he came to us as manager, he’s more than proved himself. I don’t always agree with everything he says or does but he gets my support as Hibs manager because he is a winner and I believe if he stays long enough, he’ll bring us success. Never a dull moment with Lenny!

bingo70
03-11-2018, 10:59 AM
I’ve no problem with fans of other clubs not liking him, hating him even, the type of character he is will always wind people up.

It’s when people throw coins at him, attack him or shout sectarian abuse at him that I have a problem with and when they do it’s then 100% the fault of the attacker, not the victim.

This old thread isn’t interesting or change things in the slightest IMO.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Football is and should always have an edge it is when it creeps into abuse about someones religion, ethnicity etc and when it becomes physical. We might not be the worst but refugee songs are to me in the same ball park as what Lennon has had to face. If Rudi gave it the big 5-1 can you really blame him with some of the hate filled crap that he faced from us. I couldn't stand him as he usually did well against us but he could have came from any country in the world and that would be the same.

It would be interesting to see if Lennon would have an issue in the posts on this thread. I suspect not as they are all aimed at traits he would see in himself as maximising his opportunity to win. He freely admits he is competitive and that occasionally that goes a wee bit too far. Pretty much all the comments here are complaining about him trying to gain an unfair advantage. He still has that as our boss but I do think he has matured and isn't as in your face. Most of our fans love that competitive edge he has. This thread was about how Lennon like many successful opponents is someone that gets under your skin. He plays on that to his and his teams advantage perhaps a wee bit less cunningly than an Alex Ferguson but in a similar way.

If Lennon had done his laughing after their offside celebrations and the Main stand had given him some verbals about being a Hibs so and so I doubt he would have blinked. There is something far more sinister and despicable growing in both sets of Edinburgh Club's fan bases. Yes, Hearts may have the march on us in terms of their sectarian and hate issues but we have more than we did a few years back and it worries me that there are so many on here that don't see a potential issue.

SirDavidsNapper
03-11-2018, 01:03 PM
Football fans in fickle shock