PDA

View Full Version : Celtic fans

Diclonius
19-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Currently trashing Leith at this very moment.

iwasthere1972
19-02-2012, 01:47 PM

Any photos or videos for evidence.

blaikie
19-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Pictures ive seen on facebook, would suggest this ......... :rolleyes: Manky *******s!

SteveHFC
19-02-2012, 01:52 PM
They are ******* ****.

johnbc70
19-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Old firm fans, different cheeks of the same arse.

Del Boy
19-02-2012, 01:53 PM
What's new?

Barney McGrew
19-02-2012, 01:55 PM
And to think there were people wanting to join in with their 'party' this afternoon.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-02-2012, 01:59 PM
away end packed with balloons.

Barney McGrew
19-02-2012, 02:00 PM
away end packed with balloons.

No change there then

heretoday
19-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Bunch of tinks.

Hainan Hibs
19-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Anyone still wanting to join in a concert and "unite" in a song with these tramps?

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Six Celtc fans just been emptied from in front of me in the East. So how did they get tickets??

nonshinyfinish
19-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Six Celtc fans just been emptied from in front of me in the East. So how did they get tickets??

Someone on the database must have bought them - so either a Hibs fan, or a Celtc fan who's subjected themselves to Hibs v St. Mirren or similar.

adhibs
19-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Someone on the database must have bought them - so either a Hibs fan, or a Celtc fan who's subjected themselves to Hibs v St. Mirren or similar.

if theyd subjected themself to watchin us v st mirren while either hughes or calderwood had been in charge id maybe even say they deserve to be alowed to stay

Persevere80
19-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Whats happening in leith?????????

IWasThere2016
19-02-2012, 02:47 PM
if theyd subjected themself to watchin us v st mirren while either hughes or calderwood had been in charge id maybe even say they deserve to be alowed to stay

:greengrin

essexhibee
19-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Why are these **** allowed to get away with it. One rule for them another for the rest of Scotland. **** of the earth ****ing exterminate the lot of them

Fantic
19-02-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm in Leith and it isn't looking very trashed to me!

Hibernia Na Eir
19-02-2012, 03:25 PM
they must be rangers fans.

Gala Foxes
19-02-2012, 03:26 PM
only trash I can see is our defence

Stanton
19-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Is this true ?? or just made up bull**** ???

Hibernia Na Eir
19-02-2012, 03:42 PM
videos or photos please?

Barney McGrew
19-02-2012, 03:44 PM
I find Celtc fans even more morally repugnant than Rangers fans TBH.

At least Rangers fans will admit that they're horrible, Celtc fans permanently use 'Rangers are worse than us' as an excuse to take some sort of moral high ground.

Erseholes the lot of them.

essexhibee
19-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Does anyone else get angry at the sight of Lennons face? Horrible argumentive arrogant ginger tosser.

cabbageandribs1875
19-02-2012, 03:56 PM

care to elaborate ?

Stanton
19-02-2012, 04:03 PM

At least Rangers fans will admit that they're horrible, Celtc fans permanently use 'Rangers are worse than us' as an excuse to take some sort of moral high ground.

Which is fair enough :wink:
But there is an accusation od Leith being trashed at this VERY MOMENT :confused: WHICH would appear to be completely made up ....unless someone points something specifically out to support this :agree:
Regarding Plastics and Huns ....I have followed Hibs since the 70's and had many experiences with BOTH of them and IMHO ...The huns are by far and away the most horrible , bigoted , hatefilled , sectarian and violent bunch I have ever encountered ....The plastics are just annoying and patronising :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
19-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Which is fair enough :wink:
But there is an accusation od Leith being trashed at this VERY MOMENT :confused: WHICH would appear to be completely made up ....unless someone points something specifically out to support this :agree:
Regarding Plastics and Huns ....I have followed Hibs since the 70's and had many experiences with BOTH of them and IMHO ...The huns are by far and away the most horrible , bigoted , hatefilled , sectarian and violent bunch I have ever encountered ....The plastics are just annoying and patronising :agree:

ditto, the most vile support in the country:agree:

hibee_girl
19-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Had 2 Celtic fans next to me today, do we just report them to the club?

SteveHFC
19-02-2012, 04:10 PM

Had a Celtic fan sitting next to me aswell.

Dinkydoo
19-02-2012, 04:11 PM
they must be rangers fans.

Are you ****ing serious?

marleyhib
19-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Really boring how we go on about the OF support, I doubt we'd be caring half as much if we'd put on and half decent performance today.

The OF are what they are and will continue to be, I'd prefer he ignore them and focus on Hibs - tuff today because we were completely woeful.

Part/Time Supporter
19-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Really boring how we go on about the OF support, I doubt we'd be caring half as much if we'd put on and half decent performance today.

The OF are what they are and will continue to be, I'd prefer he ignore them and focus on Hibs - tuff today because we were completely woeful.

The thread was started before the game.

marleyhib
19-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Still boring

MSK
19-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Still boringBoring enough for you to reply to the thread though..if you dont like it ..dont read it ..

CB_NO3
19-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Leith was full of drunken Tims today. You would think we were the away team. Even in the que at the ticket office it was full of them. Some fat guy dressed in a leprechaun suit was arguing away. One guy asked me to get him a ticket and I told him to beat it.

cabbageandribs1875
19-02-2012, 04:39 PM
oh dear

scotia44
19-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Apologies just needed to get that of my chest

Deleted oh well still hate them

Stanton
19-02-2012, 04:44 PM
oh dear

Whad i miss :cb

HH81
19-02-2012, 04:45 PM

How do you know? :confused:

Sharon
19-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Was that in the West Lower?

MSK
19-02-2012, 04:46 PM
How do you know? :confused:The smell ..?

hibee_girl
19-02-2012, 04:49 PM
How do you know? :confused:

The ones next to me spent all game taking videos and photos of the Celtic fans, wetting themselves every time Celtic went forward and high fiving each other when Celtic scored.

scotia44
19-02-2012, 04:49 PM
The smell ..?

How come your allowed to say that whats the difference fae what I said:greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
19-02-2012, 05:00 PM
The ones next to me spent all game taking videos and photos of the Celtic fans, wetting themselves every time Celtic went forward and high fiving each other when Celtic scored.

If it.bothered u enough.to mention it here why not do something about it at the time??

PaulSmith
19-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Instead of them sneaking into the home area why don't we just give them another 2000 odd seats at £27 a pop for half the west stand and make ourselves another c£60k per home game?

Elephant Stone
19-02-2012, 05:11 PM
If it.bothered u enough.to mention it here why not do something about it at the time??

What's your point? Is there a point?

Pete
19-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Instead of them sneaking into the home area why don't we just give them another 2000 odd seats at £27 a pop for half the west stand and make ourselves another c£60k per home game?

I don't see why not. We used to do that with the old west when the ground was nowhere near as big as it is now.

19-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Disgusting, arrogant, bigoted bunch of mutants. A truely horrible group of people, just like their blue neighbours. They can delude themselves all they like about how rangers are worse than them and make out their angels but the reality is very different and everyone knows it.

Aww well at least the buckfast sales have rocketed up in Leith today.

lucky
19-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Regardless of how bad they are they did give their side great backing

Gatecrasher
19-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Attention seeking fannys

Elephant Stone
19-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Disgusting, arrogant, bigoted bunch of mutants. A truely horrible group of people, just like their blue neighbours. They can delude themselves all they like about how rangers are worse than them and make out their angels but the reality is very different and everyone knows it.

I don't agree. They sang their "ooh ah up the 'Ra" once but they sang pretty much for the 90 minutes and that's all you can complain about. When the other lot drop in you're lucky if you even get one football song among the fascist saluting, famine glorifying, racist bile fest. You really can't say that support today was even comparable.

S.sct
19-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Leith was full of drunken Tims today. You would think we were the away team. Even in the que at the ticket office it was full of them. Some fat guy dressed in a leprechaun suit was arguing away. One guy asked me to get him a ticket and I told him to beat it.

Yip, nearly ended up in a swedge with 3 buck fast swigging ********s. They started to tell me how bad we were which was true and fair enough but obviously wanted a rise. Luckily another Celtic fan backed me up when it really started to get ugly. They didn't look like they could knock snaw oaf a dike (as they say) but obviously were drinking on an empty heed. To be fair the Celtic support were out to celebrate and that they did.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-02-2012, 05:49 PM

What a perfect statement! If it was possible to concur more than 100% I would!

fatbloke
19-02-2012, 06:50 PM

Client Ref 100556 that's how. These guys were beside me and I could read the number. Must have been students all had £14 tickets.

19-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Agreed, have to admit that they gave good, loud support the full 90 mins, certainly out sang us anyway.

paxtonhibby
19-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Agreed, have to admit that they gave good, loud support the full 90 mins, certainly out sang us anyway.

I was wondering how long it would take for the Celtic fans appreciation society to rear its head.
If we were in the same position as them I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get into the party spirit.
Get a bloody grip eh ?

GreenCastle
19-02-2012, 07:16 PM

Not hard when your 5v0 up and top of the league :bitchy:

Hainan Hibs
19-02-2012, 07:19 PM
I was wondering how long it would take for the Celtic fans appreciation society to rear its head.
If we were in the same position as them I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get into the party spirit.
Get a bloody grip eh ?

:agree: They can come and trash Leith, sing up the 'Ra, and STILL people feel the need to lick arse.

It's cringeworthy.

Tricla
19-02-2012, 07:23 PM

I would have cracked one of them. :take that

Since90+2
19-02-2012, 07:30 PM
:agree: They can come and trash Leith, sing up the 'Ra, and STILL people feel the need to lick arse.

It's cringeworthy.

Which part of Leith have they trashed?

Stanton
19-02-2012, 07:32 PM

It's cringeworthy.

Keep hearing about Leith being trashed ...yet no one seems to be posting any evidence ?????:rolleyes:
Where in Leith was trashed :confused:

On the other point about OF Fans ....most people tend to peddle the same old " one is as bad as the other routine " ...that is the EASY thing to say but it is not the HONEST thing to say .....the Huns are EASILY MORE bigoted , sectarian , hate filled , belligerent ( especially at the site of Hibs green ) :wink: .....and before the accusations commence ...no I am not RC ..... but sadly them the facts ..... :agree:

Greenblood70
19-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Which part of Leith was trashed?? Was drinking in there all day and never saw this...sounds like a load of ***** to me.

Hibs might be a shadow of what we used to be but ffs we're surely not letting Celtic take the piss in Leith.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Keep hearing about Leith being trashed ...yet no one seems to be posting any evidence ?????:rolleyes:
Where in Leith was trashed :confused:

On the other point about OF Fans ....most people tend to peddle the same old " one is as bad as the other routine " ...that is the EASY thing to say but it is not the HONEST thing to say .....the Huns are EASILY MORE bigoted , sectarian , hate filled , belligerent ( especially at the site of Hibs green ) :wink: .....and before the accusations commence ...no I am not RC ..... but sadly them the facts ..... :agree:

all I'll say is, was spat on as a kid down ER by a Hun. Never by ANY other opposing fan.....
Nuff said.

The Baldmans Comb
19-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Which part of Leith was trashed?? Was drinking in there all day and never saw this...sounds like a load of ***** to me.

Hibs might be a shadow of what we used to be but ffs we're surely not letting Celtic take the piss in Leith.

There was a very serious 3 car pile up at the foot of the walk around 12.45 which resulted in 2 fire engines, 1 ambulance and a variety of squad cars and loads of sirens.

This is where this complete nonsense story comes from.

Greenblood70
19-02-2012, 08:29 PM
There was a very serious 3 car pile up at the foot of the walk around 12.45 which resulted in 2 fire engines, 1 ambulance and a variety of squad cars and loads of sirens.

Thanks mate, facebook drama queens getting their knickers in a twist then...surprise..surprise turns out to be a load of *****.

Lost_Mackem
19-02-2012, 08:49 PM
God I hate them.

I remember 10 years ago, Sunderland held a testimony for Niall Quinn against The Republic of Ireland.

As you can imagine, there were absolutely loads of Celtic fans about. Outside the Wheatsheaf pub there were a few Mackems gathered when all of a sudden in the background you could hear "P I, P I, PIRA".

Needless to say it was an amazing sight watching the Celts get their heads stoved into the floor.

HKhibby
19-02-2012, 08:52 PM
ditto, the most vile support in the country:agree:

Celtic fans are not Biggoted?.....ignorant...horrible...chip on their shoulder!...everyones against us!...west of Scotland pikey s..m!

.Sean.
19-02-2012, 08:59 PM

It's cringeworthy.

Embarassing :agree:

I hate that shower of ***** even more than Hearts and Rangers. Despise the ****ers.

Greenblood70
19-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Still waiting for this proof that Leith was "trashed".

Never happened, end of. I have no time for Celtic but this myth that they took the piss in Leith today needs nipped in the bud.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2012, 09:11 PM

Never happened, end of. I have no time for Celtic but this myth that they took the piss in Leith today needs nipped in the bud.

The way you keep referring to it as them takin the piss in Leith makes me laugh!
Is Leith some bastion of invincibility where only hardmen walk or is it just the way you like to big it up in your own mind?

Greenblood70
19-02-2012, 09:23 PM
The way you keep referring to it as them takin the piss in Leith makes me laugh!
Is Leith some bastion of invincibility where only hardmen walk or is it just the way you like to big it up in your own mind?

Not at all...my point is it never happened, and is the result of drama queens getting over excited. I think you've decided to create your own wee argument here..I'm not from Leith so have no reason to "big it up"..I hate that phrase, I'm from Porty but was drinking in several boozers in leith today seeing no trouble whatsoever. It was a bad enough day without a load of daft, sensationalist lies being spread by some daft laddies.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2012, 09:24 PM

:top marks Totally agree.

I don't agree. They sang their "ooh ah up the 'Ra" once but they sang pretty much for the 90 minutes and that's all you can complain about. When the other lot drop in you're lucky if you even get one football song among the fascist saluting, famine glorifying, racist bile fest. You really can't say that support today was even comparable.

So all that we can complain about is the fact that they sung a song about the IRA? :confused:

Magic! :aok:

As for the singing of football related songs, I must have missed the football references contained within "Aiden McAnespie", "Boys of the Old Brigade" and "Fields of Athenry".

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Not at all...my point is it never happened, and is the result of drama queens getting over excited. I think you've decided to create your own wee argument here..I'm not from Leith so have no reason to "big it up"..I hate that phrase, I'm from Porty but was drinking in several boozers in leith today seeing no trouble whatsoever. It was a bad enough day without a load of daft, sensationalist lies being spread by some daft laddies.

No not at all mate, fair enough I maybe misinterpreted how you were coming across.

Greenblood70
19-02-2012, 09:41 PM
No not at all mate, fair enough I maybe misinterpreted how you were coming across.

no problem..happy to clear it up.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-02-2012, 12:24 AM

What actually took place?

Dunbar Hibee
20-02-2012, 12:50 AM
:top marks Totally agree.

So all that we can complain about is the fact that they sung a song about the IRA? :confused:

Magic! :aok:

As for the singing of football related songs, I must have missed the football references contained within "Aiden McAnespie", "Boys of the Old Brigade" and "Fields of Athenry".

Good tunes.....

The Baldmans Comb
20-02-2012, 12:59 AM
What actually took place?

At the risk of repeating myself:greengrin

basehibby
20-02-2012, 01:04 AM
To be fair to them I thought they showed a great example of how to make the most of it when your team is on the up and your arch enemies are *&(£ed. They were bouncing about and singing from start to finish and TBH I envied them - it's been a long time since I've been part of a crowd anything like that at ER and mores the pity !

Didn't notice any out of the ordinary bother before or afterwards either.

Would have happily joined in their laughing at the huns gig if only we'd had a result worth celebrating BTW :boo hoo:

marinello59
20-02-2012, 07:26 AM
To be fair to them I thought they showed a great example of how to make the most of it when your team is on the up and your arch enemies are *&(£ed. They were bouncing about and singing from start to finish and TBH I envied them - it's been a long time since I've been part of a crowd anything like that at ER and mores the pity !

Didn't notice any out of the ordinary bother before or afterwards either.

Would have happily joined in their laughing at the huns gig if only we'd had a result worth celebrating BTW :boo hoo:

It's easy to do that when you have effectively won the league title in February and your greatest (and only real) rival looks unlikely to be capable of mounting a serious challenge for several years. Envy? Not the emotion I felt towards them yesterday.

Sylar
20-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Perhaps it's just me, but more and more I'm seeing some posts/posters on here who quite clearly have gotten lost en their route to finding Kerrydale Street.

This "admiration" for them is absolutely disgusting. They cling to a false Irish diaspora, sing songs which aren't in any way related to the game going on in front of them, chant about an organisation who have no qualms in blowing up innocent civilians to score political points and take a patronising stance that we are somehow similar/related to their plight.

Anyone on here who sympathises with any of the above should **** off away from Hibs and head West on a Saturday/Sunday, as both the club and fans have worked extremely hard to get rid of any Irish Republican/Sellick ties and the more I see people on here both wanting to sing with, or sing the praises of the Tims, the more I worry that it's gradually creeping back into the support.

We don't need this mantra of being their little cousins and as soon as the idiots who would happily be aligned to them get out of the club, the better for the rest of us.

Judas Iscariot
20-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Perhaps it's just me, but more and more I'm seeing some posts/posters on here who quite clearly have gotten lost en their route to finding Kerrydale Street.

This "admiration" for them is absolutely disgusting. They cling to a false Irish diaspora, sing songs which aren't in any way related to the game going on in front of them, chant about an organisation who have no qualms in blowing up innocent civilians to score political points and take a patronising stance that we are somehow similar/related to their plight.

Anyone on here who sympathises with any of the above should **** off away from Hibs and head West on a Saturday/Sunday, as both the club and fans have worked extremely hard to get rid of any Irish Republican/Sellick ties and the more I see people on here both wanting to sing with, or sing the praises of the Tims, the more I worry that it's gradually creeping back into the support.

We don't need this mantra of being their little cousins and as soon as the idiots who would happily be aligned to them get out of the club, the better for the rest of us.

How was Ibrox on Saturday?

Sylar
20-02-2012, 08:39 AM
How was Ibrox on Saturday?

The hospitality was fantastic, the game not so much - I was a wee bit colder at ER yesterday though.

harpo
20-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Embarassing :agree:

I hate that shower of ***** even more than Hearts and Rangers. Despise the ****ers.

A bit OTT in my opinion, whilst i dont like some of the stuff Celtic sing at football games, they dont have that hate towards us like some other teams have, wishing they were up to their knees in our blood.

Andy74
20-02-2012, 09:25 AM

Easiest thing in the world in their position though, eh?

I wonder how their support would be if they hadn't won the league for 60 years and the cup for 110 on top of not winning much more than a couple of home games in a couple of years.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 10:47 AM
I walked along duke street last week, i think celtic must have sent a wrecking crew through a week early?:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-02-2012, 11:46 AM
A bit OTT in my opinion, whilst i dont like some of the stuff Celtic sing at football games, they dont have that hate towards us like some other teams have, wishing they were up to their knees in our blood.

Its not OUR blood though is it?

.Sean.
20-02-2012, 11:48 AM

Fantastic post.

Killiehibbie
20-02-2012, 01:04 PM
I walked along duke street last week, i think celtic must have sent a wrecking crew through a week early?:wink:Just a week early? I thought somebody had wrecked it about 40 years ago.

Love the Green
20-02-2012, 01:16 PM
We will go to Motherwell midweek and Killie on Saturday and be told by officials to sit down if we dare to satnd whilst the game is on..yet these wannae be PADDY'S are allowed to have congas and dancing in our stadium.
Wheter its either side of the OF the authorities on and off the field are scared to deal with this lot as they would any other smaller teams in Scotland.

"keep the faith" '

harpo
20-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Its not OUR blood though is it?
when its sung at er of course its directed at us, dont be so naive.

cwilliamson85
20-02-2012, 01:32 PM
:tin hat: is well and truly for this but I think the majority of the Celtic fans behaved themselves yesterday.

Their “green brigade” is something only clubs on the continent can rival and I know most of there songs are rip offs of other football clubs but they bring a great atmosphere to a lacklustre league that is selling out to the TV deal that is killing our game.

Every club has idiots in its fan population and with the week the OF have had I was not surprised to see more Celtic fans in the Hibs end as reported on this thread.

We are in a dire situation but it is still in our hands (shaky ones at that) but if you look at our run in compared to Dunfermline I feel we have what it takes to stay up.

Hibs run in:
Motherwell AWAY
Kilmarknock AWAY
St Mirren HOME
Hearts AWAY
Dundee Utd HOME
ICT AWAY
Motherwell HOME

Dunfermlines run in:
Celtic AWAY
St Johnstone AWAY
Motherwell HOME
St Mirren HOME
Dundee Utd AWAY
Hearts HOME

Hibernia Na Eir
20-02-2012, 01:35 PM

I saw some crisp bags, a few fag ends and a milk carton strewn across Leith Walk. What a disgrace ! Never again! Shocking.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2012, 02:23 PM
I saw some crisp bags, a few fag ends and a milk carton strewn across Leith Walk. What a disgrace ! Never again! Shocking.

Aw naw, its actually worse than i thought.

It must have quickly spread, I saw this carnage in duke street last week.

Cropley10
20-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Does anyone else get angry at the sight of Lennons face? Horrible argumentive arrogant ginger tosser.

If you take the word in bold out of this description how does it change it? Or, what does him being ginger have anything to do with it?:confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-02-2012, 03:26 PM
when its sung at er of course its directed at us, dont be so naive.

When its sung at Tynie is it directed at The Yammish community?

harpo
20-02-2012, 04:24 PM
When its sung at Tynie is it directed at The Yammish community?

Dont know if you know this, Hibernian has an Irish/Catholic heritage so this is the reason the billy boys is targeted at us when we play certain teams.

Moody Mulder
20-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Well the majority of tic fans live in a shi** house, if they cause carnage in another city its just to make themselves feel more at home

marinello59
20-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Dont know if you know this, Hibernian has an Irish/Catholic heritage so this is the reason the billy boys is targeted at us when we play certain teams.

They sing it every where they go. It really doesn't matter who their play. Most of them are totally ignorant of the history and 'traditions' they claim to be celebrating. As are many of those who follow the other half of the Infirm

Dinkydoo
20-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Fantastic post.

:agree:

neilmartinrocks
20-02-2012, 05:11 PM
had a bit of a argument on sunday night with celtic fans, big bro' included, and it really pisses me off this "wee cousin" crap. we were first, they stole our colours our players and our money.
okay we were both set up by irish communities.
but to us its our history, to them they still think they are irish.
:confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-02-2012, 05:38 PM
They sing it every where they go. It really doesn't matter who their play. Most of them are totally ignorant of the history and 'traditions' they claim to be celebrating. As are many of those who follow the other half of the Infirm

Indeed.

Fergos
20-02-2012, 05:42 PM
As posted earlier, if we were as far ahead as they were in the league and 17 points ahead of the yams in the race for the league, I'm sure the Hibs end at smeltic park would rival what they produced yesterday.....

The question for me is......would they take as good away supports as we have recently to Tannadice or Fir Park, if they were in our precarious position..........they probably would but it certainly wouldn't look like it did yesterday - they are used to success, and if we were our support would be just as passionate and loyal, If that's how you want to describe it......try a conga when yer sitting second bottom boys.......

As regards to our sympathy or liking, understanding of their support or club, I have absolutely none of it, yes we should be proud of our Irish heritage, and yes their support should be a lot more informed of how their club came into being in the first place but that's about all we have in "common"..nothing else.

Hibernian forever- 1875.

johnbc70
20-02-2012, 05:45 PM

If I wanted to write a post how I feel this would have been it, but written far better than I could have. Well done.

S.sct
20-02-2012, 06:00 PM

Don't know about trashing Leith but they certainly took the piss. On walking down ER before the game the place was awash with pissed up Celtic punters relieving themselves of their bucky. Not saying that I've never seen supporters of our or any other club doing the same thing but it was the sheer number of them using the place as loo. I'm anything but a prude but for me it was out of order.

007 Mickey Weir
20-02-2012, 06:02 PM
As posted earlier, if we were as far ahead as they were in the league and 17 points ahead of the yams in the race for the league, I'm sure the Hibs end at smeltic park would rival what they produced yesterday.....

The question for me is......would they take as good away supports as we have recently to Tannadice or Fir Park, if they were in our precarious position..........they probably would but it certainly wouldn't look like it did yesterday - they are used to success, and if we were our support would be just as passionate and loyal, If that's how you want to describe it......try a conga when yer sitting second bottom boys.......

As regards to our sympathy or liking, understanding of their support or club, I have absolutely none of it, yes we should be proud of our Irish heritage, and yes their support should be a lot more informed of how their club came into being in the first place but that's about all we have in "common"..nothing else.

Hibernian forever- 1875.

I was more worried about us than a bunch of unwashed celebrating the title. I hate them, but they did put on a show. Yes some was bigoted, but most was not. What they could have done is turn on us and ripped us to bits. Only heard them once have a go at us. Yes agreed it is easy to celebrate like that when u win every week.

Now lets forget about that sh@te! Lets get focused on Wednesday. Lets get 2/3000 of our own green army through to fir Park to get right behind the team.

Speedy
20-02-2012, 06:07 PM

There you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2kC1jMKZco

harpo
20-02-2012, 06:26 PM

when it comes to disliking other team celtic dont bother me as much as the likes of hearts, rangers, airdrie, even cowdenbeath etc etc as all revel in their bigotry towards us because of our history.

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-02-2012, 06:38 PM
There you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2kC1jMKZco

That's n outrageous, ****! :giruy:

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-02-2012, 06:51 PM

Dearie me, any chance of being a bit more patronising next time?

Jamesie
20-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Something that really riles me about this "wee cousin" crap is that in 1990 Celtic had a perfect opportunity to repay Hibs' favour of 1888 and try and do something that would mean Hibs stayed alive as a club.

The silence coming along the M8 was deafening. That taught me all I needed to know about Celtic.

marinello59
20-02-2012, 07:08 PM
when it comes to disliking other team celtic dont bother me as much as the likes of hearts, rangers, airdrie, even cowdenbeath etc etc as all revel in their bigotry towards us because of our history.

Awwwwww. You poor wee lamb. They are all picking on you because you support Hibs. I'd rather leave that type of victim mentality to the lesser greens .

harpo
20-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Awwwwww. You poor wee lamb. They are all picking on you because you support Hibs. I'd rather leave that type of victim mentality to the lesser greens .

good reply

Fergos
20-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Something that really riles me about this "wee cousin" crap is that in 1990 Celtic had a perfect opportunity to repay Hibs' favour of 1888 and try and do something that would mean Hibs stayed alive as a club.

The silence coming along the M8 was deafening. That taught me all I needed to know about Celtic.

Superb. 100% spot on, their support was non existent.

Hibernian Forever - 1875.

Bostonhibby
20-02-2012, 07:27 PM

Was in Leith before and after and all I saw was a couple of disgusting drunks crying in their beer about Hibs, I know that for a fact as I was one of them.

Everything else is just from the bombing of the docks in 1944 and I am certain the council will allocate some money to clearing it up just as soon as they sort oot how much Hearts need.

Brizo
20-02-2012, 07:41 PM

I was more worried about us than a bunch of unwashed celebrating the title. I hate them, but they did put on a show. Yes some was bigoted, but most was not.

I listened to the Rangers vs Killie game on the radio and the vast majority of stuff they were singing was either batantly bigoted or cutural folk songs of the "derry walls" variety. As the above poster says very little of what the Celtc fans sang on sunday was sectarian. I dont differentiate between the pond life behaviour from either set of away OF supporters but the Celtc support would appear to have ditched the Republican stuff to a greater degree home and away than the Gers have ditched their loyalist stuff.

At darkheid Celtcs Republican singers seems to have decreased to a few thousand Green Brigade types while it sounded like it was a majority at Ibrox who were singing the "fenian" stuff on saturday. Celtc still have a long long way to go to come into the 21st century but in that regard I think theyve done a wee bit better than their neebs. No doubt that pov will get me tagged a diet tim or the likes but thats how I see it.

Stanton
20-02-2012, 08:11 PM

Bull**** post 100 % ...kerrydale st :rolleyes: indeed !!!!
Guys like you ( and there are a fair number of you ) SEE ANY POST that does NOT EQUATE TO Celtic and Rangers being EXACTLY the same ( unless it is a post saying Celtic are worse ) as being a sign of " admiration for Sellick " . Wise up mate !!!
It is very seldom in life that 2 things being compared for levels of behaviour are EXACTLY the same ...that you and others see this basic FACT being pointed out .....that while Sellick fans are reprehensible in many ways ....Huns Fans are downright bigoted sectarian morons who have an indefensible record in sectarianism , trouble making , violent conduct stretching back decades and who go almost apopleptic at the site of a green and white scarf being worn to Ibrox ( I have been covered in saliva entering and leaving Ibrox many times ).
That any reasonably SANE person cannot openly admit this fact without reverting to accusations of being Sellick wannabe's merley shows your statement up for what it is - weak !!!
I repeat I am not RC .....BUT I AM TELLING THE TRUTH !!!

Huns FC have the most odious followers I have ever encountered and their is anecdotal evidence dating back many years and well documented in the media to support this.

Your hatred for Sellick ( I am no lover of that squad either ) is blinding you to the truth about the Huns !!

harpo
20-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Guys like you ( and there are a fair number of you ) SEE ANY POST that does NOT EQUATE TO Celtic and Rangers being EXACTLY the same ( unless it is a post saying Celtic are worse ) as being a sign of " admiration for Sellick " . Wise up mate !!!
It is very seldom in life that 2 things being compared for levels of behaviour are EXACTLY the same ...that you and others see this basic FACT being pointed out .....that while Sellick fans are reprehensible in many ways ....Huns Fans are downright bigoted sectarian morons who have an indefensible record in sectarianism , trouble making , violent conduct stretching back decades and who go almost apopleptic at the site of a green and white scarf being worn to Ibrox ( I have been covered in saliva entering and leaving Ibrox many times ).
That any reasonably SANE person cannot openly admit this fact without reverting to accusations of being Sellick wannabe's merley shows your statement up for what it is - weak !!!

Huns FC have the most odious followers I have ever encountered and their is anecdotal evidence dating back many years and well documented in the media to support this.

Your hatred for Sellick ( I am no lover of that squad either ) is blinding you to the truth about the Huns !!

have to agree with this. well said.

sums it up for me that whenever we play at parkhead i feel much safer than when play at ibrox

Hibernia Na Eir
20-02-2012, 08:51 PM

Its all very true.
But the Huns dont just spew out their bile in this country, oh no. Its perhaps also worth asking the good people of Manchester their thoughts on the Billy's Boys invasion? - what a friendly time had by all (perhaps THE worst behaviour EVER seen before/after a footie match?)
Perhaps also the good citizens of Bucharest and Osasuna would have not such nice things to say about King Billy's finests' serious violent disorder in their cities too? (feel free to add more Euro/UK cities....there's decades of it).
The one thing the Huns are good at (and have been for decades) is their downright filthy, violent, ****my and organised behaviour. And then getting away with it. (sorry, but crappy £20k fines or whatever are just useless).

RFC - Smegma in disguise.

Hibernia Na Eir
20-02-2012, 08:53 PM
have to agree with this. well said.

sums it up for me that whenever we play at parkhead i feel much safer than when play at ibrox

bloody hell! i dont feel safe going down Easter Road vs Huns, nevermind Govan !!!

Sir David Gray
20-02-2012, 09:25 PM

I don't think that anything else needs to be added to this post.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

My only regret about the events currently unfolding at Ibrox is that we can't get a 'two for one' deal and wipe Celtic out at the same time.

Jonnyboy
20-02-2012, 09:30 PM
They trashed Gorgie last week. Caused £100,000 worth of improvements

weecounty hibby
21-02-2012, 08:56 AM

I have been called an orange ******* at Parkhead and a fenian ******* at Ibrox. Which do you find most obnoxious?
Personally I think that the Celtic fans acceptance of and glorifying of an organisation that is still to this day willing to murder innocent men, women and children more of an issue than the Huns thinking that being a Hibby = being RC and wanting to be up to their knees in whatever. I too can remember the dark days of the Mercer issue and the Celtic fans and club being very very quiet on the issue. In fact I think I can remember something about the club stopping a donation to Hands Off Hibs being sent. They have shafted us more times over the years than Rangers have.
The fake Oirishness and victim mentality they have is cringeworthy. In the last 12 months I have worked very closely with a major Irish construction company and have been over to Ireland and the Irish are just not interested in Celtic. In fact they seem a bit embarrased by the whole thing.

To be honest Scottish society is blighted by the pair of them and as has been said many times before, if Celtic fans love the Republic so much please feel free to go and live there, and the same for the HUns if Northern Ireland is so wonderful, get on the ferry and go and stay there.

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2012, 09:33 AM

excellent post :top marks

Phil D. Rolls
21-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I have been called an orange ******* at Parkhead and a fenian ******* at Ibrox. Which do you find most obnoxious?
Personally I think that the Celtic fans acceptance of and glorifying of an organisation that is still to this day willing to murder innocent men, women and children more of an issue than the Huns thinking that being a Hibby = being RC and wanting to be up to their knees in whatever. I too can remember the dark days of the Mercer issue and the Celtic fans and club being very very quiet on the issue. In fact I think I can remember something about the club stopping a donation to Hands Off Hibs being sent. They have shafted us more times over the years than Rangers have.
The fake Oirishness and victim mentality they have is cringeworthy. In the last 12 months I have worked very closely with a major Irish construction company and have been over to Ireland and the Irish are just not interested in Celtic. In fact they seem a bit embarrased by the whole thing.

To be honest Scottish society is blighted by the pair of them and as has been said many times before, if Celtic fans love the Republic so much please feel free to go and live there, and the same for the HUns if Northern Ireland is so wonderful, get on the ferry and go and stay there.

Oh Really?

weecounty hibby
21-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Oh Really?

O'Reilly? No seriously!

Stanton
21-02-2012, 12:48 PM

I find calling someone an Orange or Fenian B pathetic equally
You specifically reference Sellick fans being supportive of Republicanism in ALL it’s forms ( Political or Violent ) …yet choose to ignore Huns deep rooted support for Loyalism UVF , UDA , and the other names of splinter groups who killed any random RC. ( mainly violent as they do not really have a political viewpoint other than hatred of all things RC and Irish ) …this suggests you are being selective in your condemnation of one side versus the other !!
WHY are Sellick being selected as the club who should have helped Hibs out and condemned for not doing so ??
Were they supposed to?
Why not any other club?
In Fact at the time I think you’ll find Sellick themselves were fighting the Wolves from the door as Rangers commenced their massive spending spree which saw Sellick almost enter administration status soon afterwards.
That you REJECT Scots people of Irish Ancestry the right to have any affinity with that country tells me more about you than them ….would you do the same for Italian Scots , Pakistani Scots , Indian Scots , Chinese Scots ….yes they are all Scottish but understandably have an affinity with another country from which their parents and grandparents came in the fairly recent past.

I am 100% lowland Scots , I am socialist and I reject ALL forms of xenophobia , Racism and sectarianism …..you appear to be selective in what is acceptable to you and what is not.

You finish up with the tired old “ one as bad as the other “ routine which is patently untrue. This does not mean Sellick don’t have COMPLETE ********s who follow them …they do … but the ingrained and accepted legacy of Rangers previous sectarian employment policy is still very much alive and kicking in the Rangers support.

Huns FC and their fan base represent everything I reject and abhor in life.

To quote the late journalist Ian Archer : Scotland would be a better place if Rangers FC did not exist. They are permanent embarrassment and sometimes disgrace to the country.
Never a truer word spoken.

weecounty hibby
21-02-2012, 04:58 PM
I find calling someone an Orange or Fenian B pathetic equally
You specifically reference Sellick fans being supportive of Republicanism in ALL it’s forms ( Political or Violent ) …yet choose to ignore Huns deep rooted support for Loyalism UVF , UDA , and the other names of splinter groups who killed any random RC. ( mainly violent as they do not really have a political viewpoint other than hatred of all things RC and Irish ) …this suggests you are being selective in your condemnation of one side versus the other !!
WHY are Sellick being selected as the club who should have helped Hibs out and condemned for not doing so ??
Were they supposed to?
Why not any other club?
In Fact at the time I think you’ll find Sellick themselves were fighting the Wolves from the door as Rangers commenced their massive spending spree which saw Sellick almost enter administration status soon afterwards.
That you REJECT Scots people of Irish Ancestry the right to have any affinity with that country tells me more about you than them ….would you do the same for Italian Scots , Pakistani Scots , Indian Scots , Chinese Scots ….yes they are all Scottish but understandably have an affinity with another country from which their parents and grandparents came in the fairly recent past.

I am 100% lowland Scots , I am socialist and I reject ALL forms of xenophobia , Racism and sectarianism …..you appear to be selective in what is acceptable to you and what is not.

You finish up with the tired old “ one as bad as the other “ routine which is patently untrue. This does not mean Sellick don’t have COMPLETE ********s who follow them …they do … but the ingrained and accepted legacy of Rangers previous sectarian employment policy is still very much alive and kicking in the Rangers support.

Huns FC and their fan base represent everything I reject and abhor in life.

To quote the late journalist Ian Archer : Scotland would be a better place if Rangers FC did not exist. They are permanent embarrassment and sometimes disgrace to the country.
Never a truer word spoken.

Where have I rejected anyone? I am immensely proud that in our small country we have, in the main, accepted into our communities peoples from all over the world. I just hate the fake Irishness that goes along with Celtic. I know of Celtic fans from Scottish Protestant backgrounds, no ties with Ireland, who have attended Sinn Fein rallies, cheer on anyone that Scotland are playing and support the Republic, shout "our day will come" etc etc. It is fake and embarrasing. I have no problems with Ireland or the Irish, but give me real Irishmen over the fake CFC ones anyday.
I have family in Australia who are proud of their Scots ancestry but, and this is the key for me, they are Australian first and foremost. If only the Celtic fans could understand this kind of reasoning. Some of them may actually have Irish ancesters but they are probably 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th generation Scots. Where does it stop for them?

I do agree with Ian Archer though. But he should really have added in Celtic as well.

Stanton
21-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Where have I rejected anyone? I am immensely proud that in our small country we have, in the main, accepted into our communities peoples from all over the world. I just hate the fake Irishness that goes along with Celtic. I know of Celtic fans from Scottish Protestant backgrounds, no ties with Ireland, who have attended Sinn Fein rallies, cheer on anyone that Scotland are playing and support the Republic, shout "our day will come" etc etc. It is fake and embarrasing. I have no problems with Ireland or the Irish, but give me real Irishmen over the fake CFC ones anyday.
I have family in Australia who are proud of their Scots ancestry but, and this is the key for me, they are Australian first and foremost. If only the Celtic fans could understand this kind of reasoning. Some of them may actually have Irish ancesters but they are probably 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th generation Scots. Where does it stop for them?

I do agree with Ian Archer though. But he should really have added in Celtic as well.

Where to start .....I do understand and accept that you are in NO WAY motivated from an anti Celtic and pro Rangers viewpoint ..I truly do ... but I think you are all over the place in attempting to equate the two as equals , for instance :

You are immensley proud ( and you are correct to be :agree:) of Scotland's acceptance of communities from all over the world. I personally think we have been also to these communities on the whole ( EXCEPT the Irish ) ...reasons being that they came in such huge numbers it caused concerns to native folk ...a concern that still exists to this day.
They were generally supportive of Irish Nationalism which is not something that plays well in Scotland and does not conform with prevailing attitudes in Scotland which have always been more sympathetic to the Scots settlers in Ulster ( understandably ) !!
I know Scots Italians who support Italian league clubs and the Italian National team ....why would this bother me :confused: or anyone :confused: as I am sure the Pakistani's and Indian's do for their national cricket team.
It's no big deal that these people support the country of their heritage yet live here ...what harm does it do :confused::confused:??
Canada , USA , New Zealand , Australia are all FULL of St Andrew's society's and Caledonian Society's which are populated by people of Scots heritage .....no one disapproves of these ( or dare I say the Irish equivalents of Hibernians :greengrin)

ONLY IN SCOTLAND is an expression of Irish heritage frowned upon and wrongly labeled as SECTARIAN !!

That the Irish immigrants to Scotland are CERTAINLY NOT 7TH , 8TH , 9TH AND 10TH generation Scottish is easily provable by census records which show a negligible Irish and / or Catholic presence in Scotland prior to 1860 ...and that between 1860 and 1920 this changed beyond recognition with that timeframe being the peak years however continuing into the 1950's.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Where to start .....I do understand and accept that you are in NO WAY motivated from an anti Celtic and pro Rangers viewpoint ..I truly do ... but I think you are all over the place in attempting to equate the two as equals , for instance :

You are immensley proud ( and you are correct to be :agree:) of Scotland's acceptance of communities from all over the world. I personally think we have been also to these communities on the whole ( EXCEPT the Irish ) ...reasons being that they came in such huge numbers it caused concerns to native folk ...a concern that still exists to this day.
They were generally supportive of Irish Nationalism which is not something that plays well in Scotland and does not conform with prevailing attitudes in Scotland which have always been more sympathetic to the Scots settlers in Ulster ( understandably ) !!
I know Scots Italians who support Italian league clubs and the Italian National team ....why would this bother me :confused: or anyone :confused: as I am sure the Pakistani's and Indian's do for their national cricket team.
It's no big deal that these people support the country of their heritage yet live here ...what harm does it do :confused::confused:??
Canada , USA , New Zealand , Australia are all FULL of St Andrew's society's and Caledonian Society's which are populated by people of Scots heritage .....no one disapproves of these ( or dare I say the Irish equivalents of Hibernians :greengrin)

ONLY IN SCOTLAND is an expression of Irish heritage frowned upon and wrongly labeled as SECTARIAN !!

That the Irish immigrants to Scotland are CERTAINLY NOT 7TH , 8TH , 9TH AND 10TH generation Scottish is easily provable by census records which show a negligible Irish and / or Catholic presence in Scotland prior to 1860 ...and that between 1860 and 1920 this changed beyond recognition with that timeframe being the peak years however continuing into the 1950's.

No-one (except for the real hardcore bigots) has a problem in this country with people expressing their Irish heritage. I don't hear about anyone getting het up about people attending St Patrick's Day celebrations, for example.

What people get annoyed about, with regards to Celtic supporters (rightly, in my opinion) is all the fake Republican baggage that comes with them and the support that they show during games towards the IRA, an illegal organisation which, over many years, has orchestrated, planned and carried out countless acts of violence on UK soil and, as a result, has been responsible for the deaths of many innocent people.

A number of people within the Celtic support, particularly during away games, seem to take great delight in celebrating these incidents, knowing full well that it's going to upset a fair majority of the people who stay here. Their antics even upset and embarrass their fellow Celtic supporters at times but they don't seem to care about that.

That is why many people in Scotland dislike Celtic. I don't think anyone will ever be put down or criticised for publicly declaring that they're proud of their background being from the Republic of Ireland (at least they shouldn't be, put it that way), however it's all the other stuff that goes along with Celtic and their fans that people really cannot be bothered with and I, for one, completely agree with them.

Lost_Mackem
21-02-2012, 10:43 PM
No-one (except for the real hardcore bigots) has a problem in this country with people expressing their Irish heritage. I don't hear about anyone getting het up about people attending St Patrick's Day celebrations, for example.

What people get annoyed about, with regards to Celtic supporters (rightly, in my opinion) is all the fake Republican baggage that comes with them and the support that they show during games towards the IRA, an illegal organisation which, over many years, has orchestrated, planned and carried out countless acts of violence on UK soil and, as a result, has been responsible for the deaths of many innocent people.

A number of people within the Celtic support, particularly during away games, seem to take great delight in celebrating these incidents, knowing full well that it's going to upset a fair majority of the people who stay here. Their antics even upset and embarrass their fellow Celtic supporters at times but they don't seem to care about that.

That is why many people in Scotland dislike Celtic. I don't think anyone will ever be put down or criticised for publicly declaring that they're proud of their background being from the Republic of Ireland (at least they shouldn't be, put it that way), however it's all the other stuff that goes along with Celtic and their fans that people really cannot be bothered with and I, for one, completely agree with them.

Very well said.

Religion and politics has no place in football, and that goes for the Rangers fans too.

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2012, 11:31 PM
In my experience the majority of Sellik fans are less repugnant than the majority of Huns. That isn't to suggest it's black and white. I know several Rangers fans personally who aren't at all bigoted and who support their club for the right reasons. Similarly, that section of the Celtic away support who seem to think their club should be a mouthpiece for the Provisional IRA, are an embarrassment. I think it's a question of scale. Bigotry is institutionalised at Ibrox, as illustrated by their long held policy of signing players on the basis of religion. Their fans songbook doesn't seem to include any about football. Violence is the bigger problem amongst the Rangers support.

basehibby
22-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Very well said.

Religion and politics has no place in football, and that goes for the Rangers fans too.

:agree: Totally agree - there is no place in football for any of these things - especially Rangers fans!

weecounty hibby
22-02-2012, 06:44 PM

Stanton, honestly too much of a debate on this to be done via keyboard. It could go on for ages.

The major difference I can see in the St Andrews societies are that they are not glorifying murder. As I say I have no issue with the Irish or Irishness as long as it is real and not some kind of badge of honour because you are a Celtic fan.

May discuss over a pint at some point but can't be bothered typing about it much more. All the best and GGTTH.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-02-2012, 08:53 PM

ditto for Huns and their illegal follow following of UVF/UDA/UFF etc etc
however it's all the other stuff that goes along with Rangers and their fans that people really cannot be bothered with and I, for one, completely agree with them.

Andy74
22-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Stanton, honestly too much of a debate on this to be done via keyboard. It could go on for ages.

The major difference I can see in the St Andrews societies are that they are not glorifying murder. As I say I have no issue with the Irish or Irishness as long as it is real and not some kind of badge of honour because you are a Celtic fan.

May discuss over a pint at some point but can't be bothered typing about it much more. All the best and GGTTH.

There are always battles sung about in folk songs in most backgrounds. A lot of murder went on in these battles. Was Edward's army sent home again by some strong words?

The Irish Republican Army was involved nearly 100 years ago now in helping to gain freedom for Ireland. Why shouldn't people be able to sing about that without it having reference to the IRA of the more recent troubles.

No real relevance to football to be fair but lets not keep banging on about it glorifying a terrorist organisation and supporting murder of innocent people.

Eyrie
22-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Because the IRA was still murdering people until very recently.

Both Rangers and Celtic can get lost.

TrinityHibs
22-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Why cant we just detest both of them? Neither of them upset me when they spout their bile. I just feel superior because I'm there to watch football and occasionally we turn them over. Every time we play them I think we can win and by only doing it occasionaly makes it all the sweeter. Regardless of how they present they are both as bad as each other. As the sheet said at the weekend one down one to go GTF OF

essexhibee
22-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Both as bad as each other. What is most laughable is seeing 14yr olds wearing orange t-shirts and flying tricolors etc as if they have an idea of the meaning of it all.

Dinkydoo
22-02-2012, 09:56 PM
ditto for Huns and their illegal follow following of UVF/UDA/UFF etc etc
however it's all the other stuff that goes along with Rangers and their fans that people really cannot be bothered with and I, for one, completely agree with them.

So if you dislike Rangers for the same reason, why do you prefer Celtic?

Hibernia&Alba
23-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Both as bad as each other. What is most laughable is seeing 14yr olds wearing orange t-shirts and flying tricolors etc as if they have an idea of the meaning of it all.

I can't agree with that, Essex. The analysis regarding factors such as sectarian singing, fan arrests, UEFA sanctions, diversity within each support, all points to Rangers having the bigger problem when it comes to bigotry and violence. As I said in my previous post, I'm not suggesting for a moment that it's all one way traffic and I'm certainly no supporter of PIRA, but the evidence is there. The founders of both Hibernian and Celtic faced the same anti-Irish prejudice which, sadly, the fans of Rangers prove is still alive today, albeit great progress has been made in wider society.