PDA

View Full Version : singing to another stand

Tha Cabbage Kid
19-02-2012, 10:47 AM
have we in the past ever sang a song from 1 stand (hibs stand)to another stand (hibs stand) and have them sing something back?

i experiecned something like this at a game in europe and thought it was amazing. ie east stand singing a song and then asking the west stand to sing something back or famous five?

The_Todd
19-02-2012, 12:54 PM
"Boring boring West Stand".

Never responded to, though.

:na na:

neilmartinrocks
19-02-2012, 12:58 PM
have we in the past ever sang a song from 1 stand (hibs stand)to another stand (hibs stand) and have them sing something back?

i experiecned something like this at a game in europe and thought it was amazing. ie east stand singing a song and then asking the west stand to sing something back or famous five?

"if you hate the jambos, clap your hands!!"
:flag::flag::flag:

scott7_0(Prague)
19-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Sparta Ultras fo it. One stand signs SPARTA the other PRAHA.

Sergy Pie
19-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Happens a lot in Turkish football. I was at the old Sami Yen years ago watching Galatasaray and a few of there numbers relied on different parts of the stadium playing their part. To start a song off, one section of the stadium would shout the name of another section they wanted to start a chant with. Once they got their attention through a 'we hear you' chant, a duo of sorts would start. Was very impressive but made me wonder how they managed to start this tradition off.

No.4
19-02-2012, 01:23 PM
The two ends behind the goals at white heart lane do it, sounds brilliant in the stadium, but never heard it at ER.

Famous Fiver
19-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Velodrome in Marseilles.

Awesome, great atmosphere when one end chants, the other responds, then they both sing the chorus!!!

St.Kristopher
19-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Sparta Ultras fo it. One stand signs SPARTA the other PRAHA.

What about a hi- then a response of bees!

NOLA
19-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Velodrome in Marseilles.

Awesome, great atmosphere when one end chants, the other responds, then they both sing the chorus!!!
yeah agree:agree: Marseille chanting aux armes! brilliant atmosphere

givescotlandfreedom
19-02-2012, 04:57 PM
It's done in Germany (I've seen it in Cologne). I like it but I don't think there was a Hibs song even sung today.

Northernhibee
19-02-2012, 05:05 PM

Would sound amazing with "Paddy Fenlon's" "Green and white army"

lucky
19-02-2012, 05:14 PM
We can't get the singing section to sing never mind two stands

Tha Cabbage Kid
23-02-2012, 12:03 PM

i think that would probably work. sonunds good in my head.

we would need an introduction so the other stand here what the first stand was them to say

Tha Cabbage Kid
23-02-2012, 12:05 PM
We can't get the singing section to sing never mind two stands

most of the time it was only the east stand signing. when you sit iin the main stand its only the odd time people join in. would be worth a try.

Thomson1875
23-02-2012, 12:14 PM
'West stand gies a wave' not quite a song but least a fair number waved back :agree:.

It's superb when the FF/west start the hibees hibees hibees, would be amazing if they started a hail hail or we are hibernian fc.

hibernianyank
23-02-2012, 04:18 PM
They do this a lot in America too

Hibstrooper
23-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Not the same but there was a lot of signing between the Hibs and motherwell fans last night.

That wee section they had right next to the away stand were right up for it, understandably so given the run they've been on. their "You'll do what your told" response to our "We are the hibees we'll do what we want" was pretty funny

frazeHFC
23-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Not the same but there was a lot of signing between the Hibs and motherwell fans last night.

That wee section they had right next to the away stand were right up for it, understandably so given the run they've been on. their "You'll do what your told" response to our "We are the hibees we'll do what we want" was pretty funny

Yeah they had a pretty good amount of people in that section, even if they do sing that same nananananananana song the whole game. The singing between the fans was decent, i like it when it's like that against teams like Motherwell etc.

:flag: <-------- That smiley needs binned, it's illegal.

Gatecrasher
23-02-2012, 06:13 PM
the celtic fans were doing this at the weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8jCtnQNVM

brog
24-02-2012, 07:48 AM
A lot of English teams do this now but it's usually limited to, "we're the West stand etc " with a wonderfully witty response of "we're the South stand ". This is accompanied by fans standing up with hands above their head. Got to say after about 30 mins at Brighton game last month it was doing my head in, boring as ****!

le bill
24-02-2012, 08:38 AM
"Boring boring West Stand".

West to East

"We Love Prawn Sannies - we do
We Love Prawn Sannies - we do
We Love Prawn Sannies - we do
Oh Prawn Sannies we Love you".