PDA

View Full Version : From Unity and Defiance to Bigotry and Bile - Rangers FC (SHC)

GreenCastle
19-02-2012, 12:19 AM
http://www.scotzine.com/2012/02/from-unity-and-defiance-to-bigotry-and-bile/ :rolleyes:

Fair article and just your typical nonsense from the Old Firm. No doubt they will get away with the singing while (although not model pro behaviour) players get 3 or 4 game bans for giving the finger to there own fans.

SPL needs to sort it's priorities out and grow some to act against this club that drags the Scottish game into the gutters :agree:

The Green Goblin
19-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Absolutely right. Whilst players get banned for celebrating goals and trivia by a tell-tale-tit in the stands, in an age where individuals are jailed for posting stupid things online, once again, a mass celebration of hate and intolerance takes place in a stadium full of cameras and microphones, but little is said, never mind done, about it.

But, according to pundits and politicians across the board, the death of Rangers is supposed to be a bad thing for Scottish football and Scotland as a country.

We and the game are ruled by cowards and hypocrites.

fatbloke
19-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Absolutely right. Whilst players get banned for celebrating goals and trivia by a tell-tale-tit in the stands, in an age where individuals are jailed for posting stupid things online, once again, a mass celebration of hate and intolerance takes place in a stadium full of cameras and microphones, but little is said, never mind done, about it.

But, according to pundits and politicians across the board, the death of Rangers is supposed to be a bad thing for Scottish football and Scotland as a country.

As it has been since about 1870 and will be until 2170 if the Earth is still here. I have followed Hibs and Scottish football since 1960 aged 4. Now I go and watch Hibs but honestly do not care whether we win, lose or draw although I always want Hibs to win and do not want to lose. Football is totally morally bankrupt. The goings on at the 3 biggest clubs in Scotland in the last few years by players, managers, board members and some fans have proved that beyond all doubt. I no longer get upset at the goings on anymore, no fan should because if we are being honest we are no more considered relevant by clubs. Fans are treated like mushrooms i.e. kept in the dark and 5h1t. Sad thing is ain't gonna change anytime soon. Scottish football what a crock of 5h01te.

Final thought come on the Hibs get intae the Smellies.

IWasThere2016
19-02-2012, 06:18 AM
They are scu-hum

lord bunberry
19-02-2012, 06:39 AM
i noticed they used the word "majority" in that article normally the press like to claim its the "minority" of old firm fans dragging the good name of celtic and rangers down when the rest of us have always known the truth

gackohibs
19-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Im not surprised, and il be less surprised when the SPL dont punish them more. This is the main reason I, and many others, cant stand the **** that are the Old Firm.

Brizo
19-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Listened to game on radio and articles spot on. No surprise that the full range of "party" songs were sung as theres no incentive for the sticky buns to behave. The leagues goosed , out of Europe , heading for administration / liquidation. They had never been reeducated just forced into behaving by UEFA sanctions. Now those sanctions are worthless given the clubs other problems and the huns in the stands know it.

You couldnt miss the "fenian in the black" chant on the radio definitely sung by the vast majority. The commentator Rob McLean threw that chant a deafie but commented on the next chant which was one of the few genuine fitba ones. Scottish medias still far too complicit in throwing a deafie to objectionable stuff from both sides OF.

Hibs Class
19-02-2012, 09:06 AM
The sad thing is that everyone knows rangers will survive in some form, even if it is a new post-liquidation club much as airdrie did, and the one certainty is that their bile and bigotry will follow them to whatever new form they take.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-02-2012, 09:26 AM
According to the BBC footie correspondant, the home fans gave their team terrific backing. That is as good as an endorsement.

lucky
19-02-2012, 09:35 AM
If the SPL are to have any standing in the game then they must take action against this sort of unacceptable behavior. Do you think Salmond will criticise this Scottish institution for breaking his offensive behavior bill?

We will also have to suffer the other mob belting out their party songs today and Hibs will do nothing either

R'Albin
19-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Yes but that was Chick Young, so that was to be expected :rolleyes:

I'm sure I remember seeing a thread on Rangersmedia that was basically saying that they may as well start singing Billy boys or whatever it is called again because they have nothing to lose now.

I thought the SPL were going to do something about sectarian singing? They were making a big deal of stamping it out at the start of the season but they're aren't doing anything about it now. The leaders of our game are a bunch of pussies and need to punish clubs/fans for sectarian abuse.

They also need to punish the Huns accordingly for essentially cheating all these years.

They obviously won't though.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2012, 11:06 AM
It did not take a genius to predict this would happen, they are past treatment that lot. Its all there for the SFA to hammer them now. Does this need reporting to someone before they can do something about it, or will they have had someone at the game to witness this themselves?

This INSTITUTION needs brought down a peg or two, we now have more than enough to do so. Those in charge at the SFA, over to you, do you have the balls?:confused:

Holmesdale Hibs
19-02-2012, 11:32 AM
The fans have really showed what the club means to them when the going gets tough. They have to be punished for this. We should keep on kicking them while they're down until they act like a normal football club. They deserve no sympathy whatsoever and are a total disgrace to the SPL.

ancient hibee
19-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Steady on chaps this is the great Scottish institution that Mr.Salmond wants us to fret over.Just shows the effort time and money wasted at Holyrood bringing in an unenforceable anti sectarian law.

hibsbollah
19-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Has any of the mainstream media reported this yet? Its hard to believe there is a conspiracy of silence this wide. As much as i agree with the sentiment of that blog, its badly written and might not get picked up more widely.

degenerated
19-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Has any of the mainstream media reported this yet? Its hard to believe there is a conspiracy of silence this wide. As much as i agree with the sentiment of that blog, its badly written and might not get picked up more widely.

The independent have picked up on it in their report.

" It was not wholly uplifting, though, and there was a rendition of the banned "Billy Boys", with its lyric "up to our knees in Fenian blood", during the first half. The stadium then chanted at the referee, Iain Brines, "Who's the Fenian in the black?"

Pedantic_Hibee
19-02-2012, 12:24 PM

" It was not wholly uplifting, though, and there was a rendition of the banned "Billy Boys", with its lyric "up to our knees in Fenian blood", during the first half. The stadium then chanted at the referee, Iain Brines, "Who's the Fenian in the black?"

This needs forwarded to the SFA. Boils my blood so it does.

They have all the evidence they need yet they turn a blind eye to it.

In fact, f*** it, I'll fire off a strongly worded email to them tonight calling them for what they are; which is primarily Old-Firm apologists who are all mouth and no trousers.

They can have all their think tanks and manifestos, it means diddly squat if they will not tackle our biggest problem with ruthless force and apply the necessary sanctions to rid our nation's football of it's most cancerous elements.

hibbymac
19-02-2012, 12:34 PM
It did not take a genius to predict this would happen, they are past treatment that lot. Its all there for the SFA to hammer them now. Does this need reporting to someone before they can do something about it, or will they have had someone at the game to witness this themselves?

This INSTITUTION needs brought down a peg or two, we now have more than enough to do so. Those in charge at the SFA, over to you, do you have the balls?:confused:

You just need one person to report a player sticking his middle finger up in the direction of fans and they are all over it like a rash, ...... fifty thousand fans singing "illegal" songs and you won't hear a peep out of the authorities.

The sooner RFC disappear, the better for the rest of us.

FastEddieFelson
19-02-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWgtIaEE9JQ

"the players have the fans right behind them now..."

SurferRosa
19-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Yes but that was Chick Young, so that was to be expected :rolleyes:

I'm sure I remember seeing a thread on Rangersmedia that was basically saying that they may as well start singing Billy boys or whatever it is called again because they have nothing to lose now.

I thought the SPL were going to do something about sectarian singing? They were making a big deal of stamping it out at the start of the season but they're aren't doing anything about it now. The leaders of our game are a bunch of pussies and need to punish clubs/fans for sectarian abuse.

They also need to punish the Huns accordingly for essentially cheating all these years.

They obviously won't though.

Yes, you did because i read it aswell..........absolutely staggering.

What it shows is that the football team is merely an aside for them, the team just happens to be there. What is important to them is that Glasgow Rangers is there as a focus for their hatred and bile.

This is the " great institution " for which we should be grateful and save at all costs. The lack of media coverage on this just shows the attitude which will ensure Scottish Football will never drag itself out the gutter......

So very, very sad.:no way:

ScottB
19-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Regardless of Rangers fate if they do become a Phoenix Club, the other 10 MUST use it as a chance to change the rules of the league with the voting system on their side. If the SPL itself lacks the balls to put these things forward then the other clubs must do it.

Not that they will of course, but imagine a proper system of punishment; it happens once, a warning, it happens again, 3 points docked, again, 6 points docked, again, relegated.

Such a system would force the Old Firm to act, and the fans themselves would begin to police their own number. At the moment we are expecting the bigots to keep quiet simply because the rest of us would like them to, without the threat of hefty punishment being actually applied they will never change, all this crap about engaging with them and having dialogue, stop treating them as intelligent adults and start treating them as badly behaved brats, you don't debate with a 2 year old, and we should not be debating with the knuckle dragging hate merchants among the Old Firm support.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Come to think about it, it wouldnt surprise me at all if the docked the huns 3 points, as it would mean diddly squat this season.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Is it the SFA who agree the Sky contract? I want to get my facts right before I go on the offensive.

hibbymac
19-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Is it the SFA who agree the Sky contract? I want to get my facts right before I go on the offensive.

SPL I think.

ScottB
19-02-2012, 01:06 PM

It'll be the SPL that negotiate it and the clubs vote on it.

Phil MaGlass
19-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Thing is, now is the time to start docking them points, it wont hurt them now but in seasons to come they have already been punished then they can be punished with heavier fines, or docked more points/relegated. Its a ****my club from the top down and it has even ****mier fans.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Dammit. Ok, do the SFA work in coalition with the SPL on anything? I'll have to research this before I make a James Blunt of masel.

Eyrie
19-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Thing is, now is the time to start docking them points, it wont hurt them now but in seasons to come they have already been punished then they can be punished with heavier fines, or docked more points/relegated. Its a ****my club from the top down and it has even ****mier fans.

But what it will do is establish a precedent for dealing with both them and their equally objectionable partners at Celtic :thumbsup:

Which sadly is why nothing will be done :rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
19-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Did nobody mention it at all on BBC sport/radio yesterday?

Joe
19-02-2012, 01:26 PM
As small minority's go the one at Ibrox is pretty big :rolleyes:

I was listening to the game yesterday and the wall of sectarianism that came through my speakers was incredible. Shameless, they almost revel in it.

Poor old Rangers, o the injustice that have been done to them :rolleyes:

joebakerforever
19-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Did nobody mention it at all on BBC sport/radio yesterday?

Richard Gordon mentioned the "Fenian in the black" chant at the start of the Sunday radio programme and wondered if this would be included in the ref's and/or SFA observer's reports.

Dodds reluctantly acknowledged it but quickly skipped over it.

GreenCastle
21-02-2012, 11:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSQKShkHTOQ

Here is a video of Rangers fans on the way to the Killie game at the weekend :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2012, 11:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSQKShkHTOQ

Here is a video of Rangers fans on the way to the Killie game at the weekend :rolleyes:

the saddest thing is the small kid, i would prefer he got an education at school rather than from ignorant grown-up 'adults', the big fat fugly moron leading the singing will have been a bigot all his adult life, and he will die one as well, no one is born a sectarian bigot

Sylar
21-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Despite not having much time for the non-football related Derry's Walls or The Sash, the atmosphere for the first 12 minutes at Ibrox was electric, with no sign of any sectarian chants (by legal definition - I'm aware The Sash is "borderline", to put it mildly) - it all looked quite positive.

However, after a few decisions went against them, following Killie going in front it was unmissable. Billy Boys and the chant at Brines were deafening. I don't know if it was partially a "**** it, they can't fine us and have already docked us 10 points" mentality, but it was unmistakable.

Sincerely doubt any action will be taken mind you. In a perfect world, both Rangers and Celtic would be deducted 20 points for the bigotted chants at the weekend and Motherwell would top the table!

H113EE5
21-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Listened to John Beattie, ex-rugby player, now presenting a show at lunchtime on Radio Scotland. He was saying that he watched Rangers for most of his younger years and he specifically said that he was brought up in the protestant culture (sic). He attended Saturday's game as a guest, being there for the first time in ages. He was absolutely shocked at the levels of bigotry, bile and anti-catholic chanting, especially later in the game. He was amazed that, in common with the rest of us, that they were allowed to get away with it. Graham Spiers was also on, again from that background, backing him up. Quicker the SFA get them tae f*** the better for all of Scottish football.

Kojock
21-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Listened to John Beattie, ex-rugby player, now presenting a show at lunchtime on Radio Scotland. He was saying that he watched Rangers for most of his younger years and he specifically said that he was brought up in the protestant culture (sic). He attended Saturday's game as a guest, being there for the first time in ages. He was absolutely shocked at the levels of bigotry, bile and anti-catholic chanting, especially later in the game. He was amazed that, in common with the rest of us, that they were allowed to get away with it. Graham Spiers was also on, again from that background, backing him up. Quicker the SFA get them tae f*** the better for all of Scottish football.

Heres a quote from Alex Salmond a seemingly well educated man who we see fit to let run the country.

"Equally, they've got to have cognisance of the fact that we're talking about a huge institution, part of the fabric of the Scottish nation, as well as Scottish football, and everybody realises that.

"The most die-hard Celtic supporter understands that Celtic can't prosper unless Rangers are there.

"The rest of the clubs understand that as well. Therefore you have to have cognisance of these things when you're pursuing public policy.

"We've certainly been arguing to HMRC on one hand, and indeed to Rangers, to for goodness sake get a settlement, get a settlement and a structure over time whereby Rangers can continue because Rangers must continue for the future of Scottish football and for the fabric of the country."

Two things Fat Bloke

1/ It was only six months ago you were wanting them punished for sectarian singing / chanting.

2/ Rankers and Celtc have been whoring themselves to England at every opportunity in an effort to play down there. Rankers didnt give a toss about the rest of Scottish football then but now the shoe is on the other foot they want us all to get right behind them. That will be f****** right. Die and burn ya horrible ******s.

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2012, 11:56 AM
sick f*c*

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4143018/Threat-to-Utd-boss-Stephen.html

Chairman Thompson was branded a "dead man walking" and "fenian ****" in a vile Twitter post by a twisted Rangers yob.

The culprit also taunted Thompson, 45, about the death from cancer of his dad Eddie, a former club chairman, in 2008. A source said: "This idiot threatened Stephen and abused his late father."

jail beckons me thinks

basehibby
21-02-2012, 12:15 PM

:agree: :top marks The Rangers situation should be seen as an opportunity for change but the cowardly half wits who hold the reins will sadly not see it that way and will bend over backwards to maintain the status quo.

What's the bet that after saturday's display, the bigoted morons who have repeatedly disgraced our country will be let off the hook yet again - despite all the bluster the SFA/SPL etc will do the square root of sod all proving yet again that they are nothing but paper tigers.

GreenCastle
21-02-2012, 02:15 PM
the saddest thing is the small kid, i would prefer he got an education at school rather than from ignorant grown-up 'adults', the big fat fugly moron leading the singing will have been a bigot all his adult life, and he will die one as well, no one is born a sectarian bigot

I agree - the younger ones are the future of Scotland / Scottish Football and they probably don't understand the significance behind certain songs hopefully someone is trying to educate them - chances are probably not.

c31
21-02-2012, 03:21 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=211521

says it all really..

linlithgowhibbie
21-02-2012, 03:46 PM
You have to wonder what world these creatures live in!

Hibernia Na Eir
21-02-2012, 04:00 PM

Aye, it was front page news on Sunday indeed. Some pea-brain Hun with a Butchers Apron round his beak, arms wide open.

I washed my hands after picking it up.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Richard Gordon mentioned the "Fenian in the black" chant at the start of the Sunday radio programme and wondered if this would be included in the ref's and/or SFA observer's reports.

Dodds reluctantly acknowledged it but quickly skipped over it.

Richard Gordon will be next to be on their "death list". How dare he!

GreenCastle
24-02-2012, 11:44 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17162626

Seems like someone has grown a pair and some action may happen ? Won't hold my breath though..

The security chief talks nonsense here - just admit it outright that it happened by a majority :rolleyes:

Eganov
25-02-2012, 12:08 AM

Seems like someone has grown a pair and some action may happen ? Won't hold my breath though..

The security chief talks nonsense here - just admit it outright that it happened by a majority :rolleyes:

Lip service aside, this guy's actually looking for them to be excused, or at the least sympathised with!?! Further evidence that rfc are institutionally bigoted to the core and it's about time strathclyde police and the SPL actually put their own prejudice aside and admitted rfc are not co-operating.

The club symbolises everything that's wrong with Scotland... Defrauding the state, religious bigotry and a lack of personal responsibility. Sooner they fold the better

Hibernia&Alba
25-02-2012, 12:45 AM
You have to wonder what world these creatures live in!

Aye. They just don't get it. Many of them really can't understand why they are called bigoted. They've been raised on it, and it's so natural to them, that the suggestion such behaviour should be stopped is incomprehensible to them.

Onion
25-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Lip service aside, this guy's actually looking for them to be excused, or at the least sympathised with!?! Further evidence that rfc are institutionally bigoted to the core and it's about time strathclyde police and the SPL actually put their own prejudice aside and admitted rfc are not co-operating.

The club symbolises everything that's wrong with Scotland... Defrauding the state, religious bigotry and a lack of personal responsibility. Sooner they fold the better

:agree: Seems like there is nothing "alleged" about it. The head of Rangers security admits there was sectarianism at the match, so the SPL should be interviewing this guy first:

"No one is more disappointed than the fans themselves that some people's behaviour seems to have marred the tremendous support of the fans last Saturday."

The police reported that one sectarian-related arrest was made during the match.

Yip, the ref for being a F***** b****** in the black :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2012, 07:01 PM
The Huns are blaming the sectarian chants on the emotion and trauma of administration.

Hmmm.

I think they should let them off with their debts, then I'm sure they'd morph into upstanding citizens.

hibsbollah
25-02-2012, 07:08 PM
The Huns are blaming the sectarian chants on the emotion and trauma of administration.

Hmmm.

I think they should let them off with their debts, then I'm sure they'd morph into upstanding citizens.

In other news, Rudolf Hoss blames genocide at Auschwitz Birkenau on 'a bit of youthful high jinks taken too far'.

Hibercelona
25-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Our much respected authorities :rolleyes: will NEVER do anything about this, because they all share the same disease.

brog
26-02-2012, 10:29 AM

The Security Chief's comments are almost beyond belief then I realised it's Rangers we're talking about!! In this case I think the power of the Net has forced the SPL to take action. Their vile behaviour was being ignored, as usual, by the servile Scottish media until HN & others highlighted it. Take a bow the OP!! The Indy of course should also be congratulated as the only paper to specifically mention the large scale sectarian abuse.