PDA

View Full Version : David Murphy

Houchy
18-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Just scored for Birmingham 0-1 Brum

Pen now for Chelsea.

Pleased for Murphy but want Birmingham to lose every game.

Pen Missed still 0-1

HibsNutter
18-02-2012, 11:58 AM
He's had Sturridge in his back pocket so far as well 'oor murph has:thumbsup::thumbsup:

joe breezy
18-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Yes he's playing well, great player, always have the utmost respect for him, good on him

Future17
18-02-2012, 12:09 PM
David Murphy = :not worth

Springbank
18-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Classy classy player.

Remember with great affection his winner at Ibrox (we went top of the league that day under JC) and his goal at Parkhead when we drew 1-1 the game after Collins resigned.

That game at Parkhead saw Hibs effectively rip Celtic time and again with just three players… Murph, Zemmama and Benji. That is the only game I ever remember Zouma and Benji being played upfront as our main two, and they were electric. Wonder why it never got repeated.

But no thread hijack, just saying, and main thing is…Well Done Murph!

If I win the Euromillions you are getting re-signed at ER immediately :greengrin

Spike Mandela
18-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Eternally grateful...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJV8RfrOOaA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pretty Boy
18-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Brilliant player who left the club with dignity and spoke nothing but highly of us.

Pity I want his team to get pumped every game because his assistant manager is a ****.

Hibs Class
18-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Brilliant player who left the club with dignity and spoke nothing but highly of us.

Pity I want his team to get pumped every game because his assistant manager is a ****.

I know what you mean, however I'm already largely indifferent to Calderwood. Took far more pleasure seeing Birmingham humiliated when GJP was in charge.

frazeHFC
18-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Class player, been great for them this year. :thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
18-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Jack Jarvis has just come on for Brum. Ah've yet tae see Victor:cb

Future17
18-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Jack Jarvis has just come on for Brum. Ah've yet tae see Victor:cb

One each just now. Still a Game. :greengrin

hibsbollah
18-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Murphy 'a tower of strength' says Motson at FT.

iain nolan
18-02-2012, 01:36 PM
it would be nice if we could find players off his class as we think about next season . unfortanlty most off the players singed by our past managers have not shown the inprovement that murphy did .like a lot off our signings we say who he but when DAVID MURPHY let we know who he was . like to see him back in top flight in england and away from calderwood :flag:

Beefster
18-02-2012, 02:01 PM
I still have a man-crush on Murphy. One of the classiest players, on and off the field, that we've had for a while IMHO.

goosano
18-02-2012, 02:25 PM
He would be international class if he had some pace. He's slow and that is what holds him back from playing at the highest level. Superb technique and ball control

basehibby
18-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Just scored for Birmingham 0-1 Brum

Pen now for Chelsea.

Pleased for Murphy but want Birmingham to lose every game.

Pen Missed still 0-1

Naah - more keen on seeing over-inflated arrogant Chelsea stuffed at every opportunity - well done Murphy for grabbing the headlines with an invaluable goal at the Bridge - what was the goal like anyway???

Houchy
18-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Naah - more keen on seeing over-inflated arrogant Chelsea stuffed at every opportunity - well done Murphy for grabbing the headlines with an invaluable goal at the Bridge - what was the goal like anyway???

Goal line scramble:agree:

(well 3 yards out, ball bobbles and stick your laces through it:greengrin)

GreenCastle
18-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Murphy - class act and one of the best left backs I've seen play at ER :top marks:thumbsup:

Other players can learn from him - gave his all to the club after being given a chance and never bad mouthed anyone when he left. :agree:

fatbloke
18-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Still think it's quite scary that we at one time could sign players of the quality of the legend that was and is David Murphy.

SanFranHibs
18-02-2012, 05:46 PM
He's just another money grabbing, glory seeking defector who used Hibs as a door mat. wiped his feet on us just like the rest of them that left for more money, bigger clubs, etc. HE'S JUST A BACK-STABBING....oh wait, he did not go to the Old and Infirm.....Och, he's good lad. A real gentleman,,,,,:wink:

Just kidding, although it would be interesting to know how many would still be so enamoured with him had he headed west !!!

I do have to say I wish we had his likes again !!!

:flag:

.Sean.
18-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Easily the most consistent player I've seen for Hibs. Complete and utter class.

hibsbollah
18-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Kujabi is the Gambian David Murphy:cb

Newhaven
18-02-2012, 08:00 PM
A fantastic player for us who I wish was still here

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

IWasThere2016
18-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Easily the most consistent player I've seen for Hibs. Complete and utter class.

:agree: Consistency, composure, control, commitment and class. Brilliant player IMHO. Easily best LB I've seen at the Hibs.

Wotherspiniesta
18-02-2012, 08:29 PM
it would be nice if we could find players off his class as we think about next season . unfortanlty most off the players singed by our past managers have not shown the inprovement that murphy did .like a lot off our signings we say who he but when DAVID MURPHY let we know who he was . like to see him back in top flight in england and away from calderwood :flag:

(http://btr.michaelkwan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/grammar.jpg)http://btr.michaelkwan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/grammar.jpg (http://btr.michaelkwan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/grammar.jpg)