PDA

View Full Version : Vlad not Happy

greenginger
18-02-2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1B2GGGL_enGB203GB206&hl=en&q=vladimir+romanov&btnG=Google+Search#pq=vladimir+romanov&hl=en&gs_nf=1&cp=24&gs_id=1f&xhr=t&q=vladimir+romanov+rangers&pf=p&rlz=1B2GGGL_enGB203GB206&sclient=psy-ab&pbx=1&oq=vladimir+romanov+rangers&aq=0v&aqi=g-v1&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=d272a33775ff33c4&biw=1280&bih=661

Oor Vlads not at all happy to be losing £ 800,000 due from Rangers. Mafia rants but no monkeys for the moment. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
18-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Surprised it has taken so long. Vlad will monitor Craig Whytes exit strategy from tax liability closely and as sure as day follows night Vlad will follow suit. Any precedant set for Rangers will be jumped upon.

I'm_cabbaged
18-02-2012, 10:08 AM
The comments are believe it or not even more mental. :)

MSK
18-02-2012, 10:10 AM
What a ****ing nerve Romanov has ..

“They stole taxpayers’ money, violating the rules of honest competition between the clubs. And for that were not even stripped of second place in the league table.

“But in fact they needed all this just to distract attention from their own dubious activities.” .....:giruy:

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Vlad attacks rangers for the way they run their affairs. :faf:

Beefster
18-02-2012, 10:16 AM
So why did Hearts not propose changing the SPL administration penalty in the 6.5 years since Romanov took over?

It's all very well having a supporter-pleasing rant after the event but he (or his lackeys) is just as guilty as anyone else. The trumpets on Sickbag will lap it up however and Romanov, seeing as he's also paid the tax and wages this week, will be back up to messiah status.

BurghHibby
18-02-2012, 10:29 AM
How deluded are the comments added to the report:

from 1874Jam Tarts:
I am glad to see that the SFA is finally making a move. Rangers are in breach of a number of the SFA's articles of association. Rangers are also guilty of knowingly employing staff without the means to pay for them. They are also guilty of adding to their staff whilst they were in discussion with insolvency practitioners. They have also chosen to withold monies from the HMRC. All this adds up to much more than the 10 point penalty handed down by the SPL so far.

I take it they don't do mirrors down *********** way!:giruy:

Stantons Angel
18-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Enough is ENOUGH!

Am i the only one on this board who is sick and tired of the Mad One's ranting and raving? He seems to be living in a bubble somewhere down beneath us in his Yellow Submarine.

How can any SANE person come out with the comments he makes. He accuses Rangers of misdoings but is responsible for NOT paying Hearts taxes, so are they not cheating the same Tax Man? Each time a winding up order is issued he always manages to pay before administration can begin! Again wasting the taxpayers money as well as his shareholders.

He doesnt pay his employees wages and causes financial worry to the families of the employees but expects them to play for him? Were is the loyalty and commitment to the players here then?

He utters such a load of RUBBISH yes RUBBISH, it just seems to stream out of his mouth everytime he opens it! Is he upset this time not only by not getting the £800k from Rangers but because they are taking away the limelight from his ranting?

The only thing I think is coherent in this outburst is the position of Rangers in the league! Why were they not dumped down to the THIRD division like Livingston were? After all the enquiries are over, nothing yes nothing will be done to them. The SFA did not chase up the clarification of Whyte's right to be a Director of a firm after declaring himself bankrupt previously.

I PERSONALLY dont care what happens to either of them, i just want to get on supporting my team HIBERNIAN.

If he cant say anything that is clear and concise he should just SHUT UP for God's sake man!!

TrickyNicky
18-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Enough is ENOUGH!

Am i the only one on this board who is sick and tired of the Mad One's ranting and raving? He seems to be living in a bubble somewhere down beneath us in his Yellow Submarine.

How can any SANE person come out with the comments he makes. He accuses Rangers of misdoings but is responsible for NOT paying Hearts taxes, so are they not cheating the same Tax Man? Each time a winding up order is issued he always manages to pay before administration can begin! Again wasting the taxpayers money as well as his shareholders.

He doesnt pay his employees wages and causes financial worry to the families of the employees but expects them to play for him? Were is the loyalty and commitment to the players here then?

He utters such a load of RUBBISH yes RUBBISH, it just seems to stream out of his mouth everytime he opens it! Is he upset this time not only by not getting the £800k from Rangers but because they are taking away the limelight from his ranting?

The only thing I think is coherent in this outburst is the position of Rangers in the league! Why were they not dumped down to the THIRD division like Livingston were? After all the enquiries are over, nothing yes nothing will be done to them. The SFA did not chase up the clarification of Whyte's right to be a Director of a firm after declaring himself bankrupt previously.

I PERSONALLY dont care what happens to either of them, i just want to get on supporting my team HIBERNIAN.

If he cant say anything that is clear and concise he should just SHUT UP for God's sake man!!

:gun::fuming::take that
And..... breathe ........... !!

Ah jist booted the dug in the face ah got that fired up from your above post!

Disclosure : I don't have a dog and if I did I would give it a clap, feed it fresh meat and let it sleep on my side of the bed.

Kojock
18-02-2012, 10:47 AM
How can any SANE person I

You answered your own question there.

Franck is God
18-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Vlad is clearly got a few srews loose but he has got a bit of a point regarding the tax issue.

Hearts have just had their second winding order of the season for an amount of £500k. Rangers FC haven't paid any PAYE tax or VAT since last May and now owe £9m, I haven't seen any winding up orders for them coming from HMRC and were allowed by a court to appoint their own administrators.

I'm no apologist for Vlad or Hearts but on this issue they have some pretty valid questions regarding how clubs are treated differently by the authorities.

Winston Ingram
18-02-2012, 11:02 AM
:kettle:

Pedantic_Hibee
18-02-2012, 11:08 AM
http://scottdouglas.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/brasso.gif?w=356&h=350 http://www.thefootyblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/vladimir-romanov.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/Neck.png

YehButNoBut
18-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Have to agree with him on the part in bold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VLADIMIR ROMANOV has attacked the way Rangers has run its affairs and criticised the Scottish football authorities for failing to impose a tougher punishment.

The Hearts owner, who has been a persistent and outspoken critic of what he sees as the establishment ever since he arrived in Scotland, gave his opinion as his club stand to lose around £800,000 in transfer money still owing from the Lee Wallace move to Rangers. With administration now in place, and Hearts an unsecured creditor, there is very little expectation that Hearts will see more than a small fraction of the money that is still owed to the Tynecastle club.

“The bankruptcy of Rangers shows again how insolently and arrogantly operate the Scottish football mafia,” he blasted.

“They stole taxpayers’ money, violating the rules of honest competition between the clubs. And for that were not even stripped of second place in the league table."

“And it was all happening while they desperately wanted to push Hearts into bankruptcy through the tax authorities and the league. They plotted conspiracies in our club and tried to spread panic."

“But in fact they needed all this just to distract attention from their own dubious activities.”

Hearts have had a number of financial glitches to deal with themselves, ranging from late payment of players’ wages which culminated in the players’ union and the SPL becoming involved, to the shadow of the HMRC which has issued a number of winding-up orders for non-payment which have always been resolved.

CropleyWasGod
18-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Vlad is clearly got a few srews loose but he has got a bit of a point regarding the tax issue.

Hearts have just had their second winding order of the season for an amount of £500k. Rangers FC haven't paid any PAYE tax or VAT since last May and now owe £9m, I haven't seen any winding up orders for them coming from HMRC and were allowed by a court to appoint their own administrators.

I'm no apologist for Vlad or Hearts but on this issue they have some pretty valid questions regarding how clubs are treated differently by the authorities.

The situations are different.

1. in Hearts case, the winding up applications were designed to get Hearts to pay up. That has worked perfectly so far.

2. in Rangers case, such an application would be worthless. HMRC were clearly of the opinion that that would have resulted in them receiving little or no cash.

By the way, HMRC weren't allowed to appoint their own administrators. The admins are appointed by the Court, and HMRC's application to have one appointed was rejected by the Court.

Part/Time Supporter
18-02-2012, 11:12 AM

There's an obvious explanation for that. Presumably Rangers never (or rarely) missed a PAYE or VAT payment date before Whyte took over last May. Yes they have the EBT thing going on, but that tax isn't due for payment until the tribunal is concluded, assuming they are found guilty. Hearts, on the other hand, have been guilty of paying everything late for years (cf Ryan Stevenson's comment about only getting paid on time in a few months out of 2 years he was there).

HMRC will cut you a bit of slack legally if you have paid your taxes on time and then have a period where you struggle to make payments. But if you have a history of paying late (or not paying at all) then they will be more hostile later on. And their tactics with Hearts have been wholly justified by the fact that Romanov has paid up every time the legal action threatens to result in administration.

MrSmith
18-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Maybe I'm being naive? But, surely Lee Wallace will just return to Hearts because Rangers can't pay for him!? I would think that, Rangers had no intention nor ability to pay when the transfer went through, therefore, the transfer would become null and void?

CropleyWasGod
18-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Maybe I'm being naive? But, surely Lee Wallace will just return to Hearts because Rangers can't pay for him!? I would think that, Rangers had no intention nor ability to pay when the transfer went through, therefore, the transfer would become null and void?

If that were the case, Hearts would have to repay RFC whatever has been paid thus far. They don't want that.

Or else, whatever has been paid might be re-named a loan fee.

There is no retention of title with footballers, as far as I know.

hibbymac
18-02-2012, 11:28 AM
If that were the case, RFC would have to repay Hearts whatever has been paid thus far. They don't want that.

Or else, whatever has been paid might be re-named a loan fee.

There is no retention of title with footballers, as far as I know.

:confused:

Ozyhibby
18-02-2012, 11:28 AM

He's not a second hand car that can be repossessed if the don't make the payments. He's a human being who can't be made to work anywhere he does not want to.

CropleyWasGod
18-02-2012, 11:36 AM
:confused:

Other way round. Shhhhh :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
18-02-2012, 11:37 AM
The Wallace scenario is very interesting.

The answer is obvious. A white van pulls up outside Ibrox 10 mins before kick off and 4 guys get out run into the dressing room chuck Wallace into a bag and drive to the PBS where they stick a Yam strip onto him and tell him to get ready for their next match.

Cant see the problem :greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
18-02-2012, 11:37 AM

The Yams effectively sold him to the the Huns on credit so he is the Huns property. Wallace is just another asset of the club and will be used in whatever the Administrators think is in the best interests of the creditors - sold, kept, chopped for dog meat. As just another unsecured creditor, and a "wee team" the Yams will have to join the queue for any scraps left on the table. Bottom line is Vlad has just lost 800 grand :greengrin

MrSmith
18-02-2012, 11:44 AM
He's not a second hand car that can be repossessed if the don't make the payments. He's a human being who can't be made to work anywhere he does not want to.

That is not the point I'm making though! Rangers entered into a transfer contract with Hearts, therefore establishing legal and binding terms. Rangers cannot pay Hearts, therefore breach of contract is established. Very much like the sale of goods act, however, we are talking more of moral obligation via SPL rules and regulations than signing a credit agreement to buy a car.

My point is that when agreement is reached by both parties, both parties also satisfy SPL T&C's (Governing body - trading standards so to speak), then player moves. When agreement is breached, this would surely breach SPL T&C's resulting in the transfer being null and void due to SPL rulings. That would be my take. So, whether Lee wanted to play for Hearts or not?? Would become irrelevant! In which, one would have to assume, the bailiffs turn up at said fortress and reposes said player.

I get your analogy re used car but do not think it is as straight forward as that.

Beefster
18-02-2012, 11:46 AM
That is not the point I'm making though! Rangers entered into a transfer contract with Hearts, therefore establishing legal and binding terms. Rangers cannot pay Hearts, therefore breach of contract is established. Very much like the sale of goods act, however, we are talking more of moral obligation and SPL rules and regulations than signing a credit agreement to by a car.

My point is that when agreement is reached by both parties, both parties also satisfy SPL T&C's (Governing body - trading standards so to speak), then player moves. When agreement is breached, this would surely breach SPL T&C's resulting in the transfer being null and void due to SPL rulings. That would be my take. So, whether Lee wanted to play for Hearts or not?? Would become irrelevant! In which, one would have to assume, the bailiffs turn up at said fortress and reposes said player.

I get your analogy re used car but do not think it is a straight forward as that.

Lee Wallace has a contract with Rangers.

greenlex
18-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Genius.:agree:

MrSmith
18-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Lee Wallace has a contract with Rangers.

Not any more he doesn't.

Beefster
18-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Not any more he doesn't.

Has he been released by the administrators?

hibbymac
18-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Other way round. Shhhhh :wink:

:aok::shhhsh!:

MrSmith
18-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Has he been released by the administrators?

I don't know?? But Rangers are in administration therefore, please fell free to correct me, I thought the administrators held all rights to contracts enabling them to cancel or sell on at their will allowing them to get past certain legal T&C's - in relation to players contracts.

SMAXXA
18-02-2012, 12:00 PM
That is not the point I'm making though! Rangers entered into a transfer contract with Hearts, therefore establishing legal and binding terms. Rangers cannot pay Hearts, therefore breach of contract is established. Very much like the sale of goods act, however, we are talking more of moral obligation via SPL rules and regulations than signing a credit agreement to buy a car.

I get your analogy re used car but do not think it is as straight forward as that.

It is like a car tho, I pay x amount a month then at the end of the 3 years can pay a lump sum to keep it, or hand it back if I cant afford to do that. Mind there is no human factor in this and I know it is a big difference but same principles IMO. Right Lee your going back to Tyne we cant pay to keep you, see that 20k your onj, your now only gona get 4k a week :confused:

Eyrie
18-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I would assume the administrators are having to do some quick sums over each player. Is there a saving to be made by terminating a contract now, or is it better to hold on to the player to keep fans turning up, secure a better league finish and a transfer fee come the summer?

Interesting to note that most of the Huns first team squad are under contract beyond the end of this season, which gives them some transfer value even in a fire sale.

It is like a car tho, I pay x amount a month then at the end of the 3 years can pay a lump sum to keep it, or hand it back if I cant afford to do that. Mind there is no human factor in this and I know it is a big difference but same principles IMO. Right Lee your going back to Tyne we cant pay to keep you, see that 20k your onj, your now only gona get 4k a week :confused:

You'll find in the paperwork that the HP loan is secured over the car, which is why you'd have to hand it back (or have it taken off you). There won't be any such condition in the Wallace deal and so Hearts are an unsecured creditor. Which means they have as much chance of getting that £800k as you or I do.

Hibs7
18-02-2012, 12:35 PM
So they lose 800 grand and have to pay an ex player 70 grand, bad times for the jumbos.

Beefster
18-02-2012, 12:53 PM
I don't know?? But Rangers are in administration therefore, please fell free to correct me, I thought the administrators held all rights to contracts enabling them to cancel or sell on at their will allowing them to get past certain legal T&C's - in relation to players contracts.

The contracts are still valid and will continue to be honoured until the administrator decides otherwise. But yes, the administrator runs the club now and could decide that they can't afford Wallace. He's one of their assets though so it's unlikely.

jonty
18-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Vlad, like many chairmen, in the past has demanded cash up front - no part payments - for players.

This time he was desperate to offload a wage and a player, that he took the easy option.

Tough titty

Spike Mandela
18-02-2012, 01:18 PM
The contracts are still valid and will continue to be honoured until the administrator decides otherwise. But yes, the administrator runs the club now and could decide that they can't afford Wallace. He's one of their assets though so it's unlikely.

Will probably sell off Wallace to pay other creditors before Hearts. How unfair:boo hoo:

Hibs Class
18-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Usual pish from Vlad, however as there a lot of supporters concerned that clubs will meekly roll over and invite Rangers in whatever shape and form to continue in the SPL it may provide some comfort to know that Vlad will be as obstructive as possible. (His hypocrisy and personal motivation for being so are incidental).

Eyrie
18-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Agent Romanov taking a lead on this issue will be both a help and a hindrance. A help, because as the front man he will take the flak rather than then other clubs who support him, but a hindrance because who would want to be associated with him and his hypocrisy on this issue?

Pete
18-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Regarding the contract there would definitely an agreement written down between hearts and rangers with both parties negotiated and accepted regarding payment for the player. Rangers have breached the terms of the contract so hearts can therefore take rangers to a civil court to claim any financial damages incurred as a result of this breach...which would be £800000. The player can't be touched and rangers have no money so I reckon hearts are screwed. I think this is the way it works?

CropleyWasGod
18-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Regarding the contract there would definitely an agreement written down between hearts and rangers with both parties negotiated and accepted regarding payment for the player. Rangers have breached the terms of the contract so hearts can therefore take rangers to a civil court to claim any financial damages incurred as a result of this breach...which would be £800000. The player can't be touched and rangers have no money so I reckon hearts are screwed. I think this is the way it works?

They can't, not whilst RFC are in administration.

The Harp Awakes
18-02-2012, 02:39 PM
http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1B2GGGL_enGB203GB206&hl=en&q=vladimir+romanov&btnG=Google+Search#pq=vladimir+romanov&hl=en&gs_nf=1&cp=24&gs_id=1f&xhr=t&q=vladimir+romanov+rangers&pf=p&rlz=1B2GGGL_enGB203GB206&sclient=psy-ab&pbx=1&oq=vladimir+romanov+rangers&aq=0v&aqi=g-v1&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=d272a33775ff33c4&biw=1280&bih=661

Oor Vlads not at all happy to be losing £ 800,000 due from Rangers. Mafia rants but no monkeys for the moment. :greengrin

Aye, whichever Hertz official did that deal will be sacked by now. Wait a minute it was probably Vlad:greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
18-02-2012, 06:34 PM

Started off a good week for Hertz with Sky money for Quarter Final wi St Mirren (£85k?)

Then they lose £800k Wallace money.

And, finally they are ordered to pay £70k to a former youth player for 2 years wages due. HA!

Thats a LOT of money lost in what is already a poor poor institution.:na na:

ScottB
18-02-2012, 07:08 PM
I presume the difference between Hearts and Rangers to be that Hearts are in the middle of a repayment plan for debts they have racked up to HMRC, with the penalty for missing an instalment being a winding up order. As this has happened several times now it is proven to work as a method of getting cash out of Vlad.

In Rangers case, they have built up a large debt rapidly, now we don't know what's going on in the background here, maybe they were offered a repayment plan and Whyte ignored it? Maybe because of the pending 'Big' case HMRC had enough? Who knows, but they are different cases. Presumably with Vlad's 'support' Hearts can't be easily pushed into administration, where as Rangers have no owner with even the slight appearance of having the cash to cover the debt.