PDA

View Full Version : Pars v Inverness

bigwheel
17-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I have mixed views about the best result tomorrow....a Pars win would draw Caley nearer the battle for the drop...yet, keeping them losing is obviously good for us.....any views ???!

Aldo
17-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Pars Defeat fur me please. Cannot see us getting anything on Sunday (hope I'm wrong tho).

Saorsa
17-02-2012, 05:10 PM
I have mixed views about the best result tomorrow....a Pars win would draw Caley nearer the battle for the drop...yet, keeping them losing is obviously good for us.....any views ???!I dinnae, Dunfermline tae lose, we only need one team tae be worse than us. I'm no fussed if others get drawn in tae it later but I dinnae really see us getting anything on Sunday TBH (hopefully wrong though) so I want ICT tae win.

frazeHFC
17-02-2012, 05:13 PM
To be honest 10th or 11th makes little to no difference for me, whereas 11th or 12th certainly would! So a Caley win please.

Steve20
17-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Dunfermline to lose is best result. It's a straight battle between us and them to stay up.

--------
17-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Dunfermline to lose, heavily, of course.

We need one team below us at the end of the season - everything else in the League is irrelevant right now.

Nando™
17-02-2012, 05:22 PM
The aim for the rest of the season has always been to avoid being relegated, therefore Pars to lose every week please. Even against Hearts.

Jim44
17-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Pars Defeat fur me please. Cannot see us getting anything on Sunday (hope I'm wrong tho).

:agree: Going bottom on Sunday could wield a fatal blow to our survival.

Aldo
17-02-2012, 05:47 PM

Won't panic if we do. Sure we will pick up more points than the Pars by the end of the season including beating them at ER.

Won't be fatal but lets prepare ourselves for this to happen.

Carheenlea
17-02-2012, 06:04 PM

Nobody is going to be getting relegated on Sunday, and it shouldn't be a surprise if we were to find ourself bottom at some point during our battle against the drop.
I have seen enough now post-window to give me confidence that we can pick up more points than Dunfermline, and will be disappointed if we don't get anything on Sunday against Celtic. (I have tipped us for a 2-1 win on Sunday Jim, and as someone who is 40th in the predictor league, I know what I'm talking about :greengrin)

SMAXXA
17-02-2012, 06:05 PM

I dont agree Jim, when we play the old firm we generally dont expecet to pick up anything just like we dont expect dunfy to pick anything up against them, just so happens its our turn to play them. Would start to worry if we continue to fail to pick up wins against the rest of the teams, especially those around us, but TBH if we find ourselfs bottom before or after Sunday I wont be too concerned.

Steven_Hibs
17-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I actually think Dunfermline will win this one. Haven't won all season at home. That'll probably change

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-02-2012, 06:21 PM
The good thing tomorrow IMO is that any result is a good one for us.

Jim44
17-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Nobody is going to be getting relegated on Sunday, and it shouldn't be a surprise if we were to find ourself bottom at some point during our battle against the drop.
I have seen enough now post-window to give me confidence that we can pick up more points than Dunfermline, and will be disappointed if we don't get anything on Sunday against Celtic. (I have tipped us for a 2-1 win on Sunday Jim, and as someone who is 40th in the predictor league, I know what I'm talking about :greengrin)

I dont agree Jim, when we play the old firm we generally dont expecet to pick up anything just like we dont expect dunfy to pick anything up against them, just so happens its our turn to play them. Would start to worry if we continue to fail to pick up wins against the rest of the teams, especially those around us, but TBH if we find ourselfs bottom before or after Sunday I wont be too concerned.

I agree with you both that a defeat against Celtic and a win for Dunfermline wouldn't mean the be all and end all, but I'm just expressing my concern about the psychological effect being bottom might have negatively and positively on both teams and how much character we have to go the distance.

Hibrandenburg
17-02-2012, 06:34 PM
My money is on a Hibs draw and Motherwell win. Pars getting humped would be a non financial bonus.

tamig
17-02-2012, 07:32 PM
I agree with you both that a defeat against Celtic and a win for Dunfermline wouldn't mean the be all and end all, but I'm just expressing my concern about the psychological effect being bottom might have negatively and positively on both teams and how much character we have to go the distance.

I think in the couple of post-window games that character has been shown in spades. And I don't think PF teams do negative thinking. I'm sure we have the right guys on and off the pitch now to win this battle.

bigwheel
17-02-2012, 07:35 PM
The good thing tomorrow IMO is that any result is a good one for us.

I agree with this...no result would be that bad. And a point for us would be a bonus....

Steve20
18-02-2012, 08:05 AM
How would a Dunfermline win not be bad?

We haven't won enough league games to suggest we could catch Inverness and with us likely to pick up nothing tomorrow, it's important Dunfermline lose.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-02-2012, 08:55 AM
A Dunfermline win, pulls ICT back into things and makes the relegation fight amongst three teams rather than two.

hfc rd
18-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Wouldn't mind a draw. Won't be too dissapointed if caley win as the more games Dunfermline lose, the better.

Spike Mandela
18-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Only a fool would think that a Dunfermline win that puts us bottom of the league is a good result imo.

Bigbobajob
18-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Defo a dunfy defeat, followed by a cheeky 1-0 win for the hibs would do rather nicely.