PDA

View Full Version : Team against Celtic.

beensaidbefore
17-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Im sure there was a post before, but the weekend is upon us, my effort sees us playing 3 centre backs with Roberto carlos and Francome playing wing backs.

Stack

Hanlon Docherty McPake
Francome Kujabi
Claros

Osbourne Stevenson

Griffiths
Oconnor

GordonHFC
17-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Wouldn't have O'Connor playing that far out on the right wing :greengrin

beensaidbefore
17-02-2012, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=beensaidbefore;3117553]Im sure there was a post before, but the weekend is upon us, my effort sees us playing 3 centre backs with Roberto carlos and Francome playing wing backs.

Stack

Francome Hanlon Docherty McPake Kujabi

Claros

Osbourne Stevenson

Griffiths

Oconnor
Cant get the bloody spacing right.... Francome and Kujabi playing a bit further forward with Griffiths given a free role in behind GO'C, Stevenson Claros and Osbourne sitting tight in midfield letting GF and kujabi room to get forward.

beensaidbefore
17-02-2012, 02:07 PM

:greengrin Its a bloody pain trying to get it spaced out.lol either that or im not very good!

Andy74
17-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Im sure there was a post before, but the weekend is upon us, my effort sees us playing 3 centre backs with Roberto carlos and Francome playing wing backs.

Stack

Hanlon Docherty McPake
Francome Kujabi
Claros

Osbourne Stevenson

Griffiths
Oconnor

I can't suddenly see us going 3 at the back after 10 years or more since we last played it!

neilmartinrocks
17-02-2012, 02:08 PM

maybe bsb had him left in the dressing room?
:wink:

beensaidbefore
17-02-2012, 02:10 PM
I can't suddenly see us going 3 at the back after 10 years or more since we last played it!

Thing is, i cant remember the last time we had 2 decent centre halfs, never mind 3, prob was 10 years ago!!

SteveHFC
17-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Stack

Francomb
Doherty
McPake
Kujabi

Soares
Claros
Osbourne
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Brown
Hanlon
Booth
Wotherspoon
Sproule/Scott
O'Connor
O'Donovan

beensaidbefore
17-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Stack

Francomb
Doherty
McPake
Kujabi

Soares
Claros
Osbourne
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Brown
Hanlon
Booth
Wotherspoon
Sproule/Scott
O'Connor
Doyle

Doyles going to busy...:greengrin

GREEN WARLORD
17-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Stack

Francomb
Doherty
McPake
Kujabi

Soares
Claros
Osbourne
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Brown
Hanlon
Booth
Wotherspoon
Sproule/Scott
O'Connor
Doyle

Exactly how i would have it. :agree:

PPZPOL
17-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't think it matters how many good centre halves you have it doesn't mean to say you play as many as you can and change the formation from the last 2 weeks which resulted in 2 cleans sheets while playing 4 at the back.

Also, after seeing Hearts play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs against them recently I would not recommend 3 at the back. The 2 Celtic CF's (Samaras and Hooper that night) pulled the Hearts CH's all over the place into areas they didn't want to go leaving spaces for Brown, Forrest and others to find through the middle.

Stick to what McPake seems to be good at which seems to be organising a back 4 and the midfield 4 and limit space and chances. Come and have a go if you think your hard enough mentality. Spaces down the flanks will be exposed by playing 3-5-2 - IMO obviously.

Hibee87
17-02-2012, 02:22 PM
.................Stack....................

o'doherty mcpake hanlon kujabi

..............claros.....................

francomb/ ozzy stevenson griffiths
soares

................doyle/gaz................

WOuld play it like that but with griffiths given more o a free role, play with the 5 when on the defence but going forward get griffiths driftting in and behind doyle/gaz and up the wing, stevenson can step onto the left to stop any counter with claros stepping up to cover the hole left by stevenson. ozzy getting forward and playing out to the wing with soares or francomb on the right and girffiths from the left coming in it would make the celtic defense have to step out to get an an onrushing griffiths and i would hope doyle/gaz running into the room that they leave in doing so ready for a nice wee though ball. Also if majorostivc (sp) playing bound to step up and give freekicks away around the box :thumbsup:

Seanair
17-02-2012, 02:32 PM
.................Stack....................

o'doherty mcpake hanlon kujabi

..............claros.....................

francomb/ ozzy stevenson griffiths
soares

................doyle/gaz................

WOuld play it like that but with griffiths given more o a free role, play with the 5 when on the defence but going forward get griffiths driftting in and behind doyle/gaz and up the wing, stevenson can step onto the left to stop any counter with claros stepping up to cover the hole left by stevenson. ozzy getting forward and playing out to the wing with soares or francomb on the right and girffiths from the left coming in it would make the celtic defense have to step out to get an an onrushing griffiths and i would hope doyle/gaz running into the room that they leave in doing so ready for a nice wee though ball. Also if majorostivc (sp) playing bound to step up and give freekicks away around the box :thumbsup:

Is Soares fit to play? I would play him in mid-midfield to strengthen that area. Osbourne too erratic--one minute does something brilliant, next minute can't pass the ball 5 yards.

Andy74
17-02-2012, 02:33 PM
I'd be astonished if Hanlon did not play will play with McPake!

Same team as last week shifting Doherty to right back and O'Hanlon out.

Griffiths will probably have to wait on the bench.

andrew70
17-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Stack

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Wotherspoon
Claros
Osbourne
Stevenson

Griffiths
Doyle

Judas Iscariot
Stack

Francome Doherty McPake Kujabi

Wotherspoon Osbourne Claros Stevenson

Doyle Griffiths

Subs

Brown
Hanlon
Stephens
Towell
Sproule
O'Donovan
O'Connor

beensaidbefore
I don't think it matters how many good centre halves you have it doesn't mean to say you play as many as you can and change the formation from the last 2 weeks which resulted in 2 cleans sheets while playing 4 at the back.

Also, after seeing Hearts play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs against them recently I would not recommend 3 at the back. The 2 Celtic CF's (Samaras and Hooper that night) pulled the Hearts CH's all over the place into areas they didn't want to go leaving spaces for Brown, Forrest and others to find through the middle.

Stick to what McPake seems to be good at which seems to be organising a back 4 and the midfield 4 and limit space and chances. Come and have a go if you think your hard enough mentality. Spaces down the flanks will be exposed by playing 3-5-2 - IMO obviously.

Fair point, especially re hearts game. I didnt watch/know they played 352, so stuff that idea.

However, i would be interested in trying to adapt a formation that can utilise the best qualities of our players, and i really like the look of Kujabi going forward, brilliant ball into the box. We have played 4 at the back most of the time through pure necessity IMO. But agree, trying out new formations against them is probably not sensible..

500miles
17-02-2012, 02:43 PM
.................Stack
Doherty.McPake.Hanlon.Kujabi
............Claros
W'spoon.Stevenson.Booth
........Griffiths.Doyle

007 Mickey Weir
17-02-2012, 05:28 PM
.................Stack
Doherty.McPake.Hanlon.Kujabi
............Claros
W'spoon.Stevenson.Booth
........Griffiths.Doyle

Not sure why people pick Booth in Midfield. He has not been proven there and has been very poor all season.

Same team as last week, McPake in for O'Hanlon. Griffiths in for Gaz.

The major decision is to play Hanlon or Francomb.

Franck is God
17-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Pat might muck about with formations and tactics in the summer but a solid 4-4-2 has got us two clean sheets on the trot and through to the next round of the cup so I don't see any changes to that on Sunday.

I think he will go with

Stack

Doherty---McPake---Hanlon---Kujabi

Spoony---Claros---Ozzy---Lewis

O'Connor--Griffiths

Steven_Hibs
17-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Fenlon must play his strongest back four. So

Stack
Francomb
McPake
Doherty
Kujabi
Soures (if fit)
Osbourne
Claros
Stevenson
Doyle
O'donovan

I'd put O'connor on the bench. Give O'donovan a game, see what he can do

Saorsa
17-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Stack

Doherty McPake Hanlon Kujabi

W'spoon Claros Obourne Stevenson

Doyle Griffiths

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Stack

Doyle Griffiths

Thats my team too, with Soares in for Wotherspoon if fit.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Stack

Doyle Griffiths

Think he might go 4-5-1 if Soares is fit

Wotherspiniesta
17-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Reckon Fenlon will line up 4-5-1 with Griffiths joining in from the left.

......................Stack....................

Doherty......McPake....Hanlon.......Kujabi

.......................Claros..................... ...

..............Osbourne...Stevenson...........

Wotherspoon............................Griffiths

........................Doyle..................... ...

Subs: Brown O'Hanlon Francomb Sproule O'Connor Booth O'Donovan

SMAXXA
17-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Stack

Francomb
Doherty
McPake
Kujabi

Soares
Claros
Osbourne
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Brown
Hanlon
Booth
Wotherspoon
Sproule/Scott
O'Connor
O'Donovan

I like that team but have a feeling Pat will drop doyle this week and play G O'C and Leigh.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Just read on the official site that Soares is out for Sunday but likely to be fit for Wednesday

Hamish
17-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Grof

Prenderville
Diettrich
McLaughlin
Shannon

Guggi
Wiss
Skinner
Holsgrove

Lavety
McGraw

Jonnyboy
17-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Stack

Doyle Griffiths

:agree:

Judas Iscariot
17-02-2012, 09:44 PM
:agree:

JB, that was going to be my team too but Halnon has been awful for 2 seasons now and I reckon Francombe at RB and Doherty partnering McPake at CH...

I don't doubt PH has talent and potential but just not cutting it the now...

erin go bragh
18-02-2012, 07:36 AM
JB, that was going to be my team too but Halnon has been awful for 2 seasons now and I reckon Francombe at RB and Doherty partnering McPake at CH...

I don't doubt PH has talent and potential but just not cutting it the now...

What you are saying re hanlon up until the killie game, i would have agreed ,but ph beside a decent ch [mcpake] put in a faultless performance and should line up on sun .

----------------------------------stack-----------------------------------

docherty-----------mcpake----------------hanlon--------kujabi--------

francomb---------claros-----------------osbourne-------stevenson----

-----------------------------doyle-------griffiths------------------------

subs; brown, o`connor, wotherspoon. donovan, sproule, stephens [ plenty good options on the bench now to change things :agree:
ggtth

Andy74
18-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Can't believe people seriously think Francomb would be preferred if Hanlon is available.

Billy Whizz
18-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Stack
Docherty McPake Hanlon Kujabi
Francomb Wotherspoon Claros Osbourne Stevenson
O'Connor

Col2
18-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Pat might muck about with formations and tactics in the summer but a solid 4-4-2 has got us two clean sheets on the trot and through to the next round of the cup so I don't see any changes to that on Sunday.

I think he will go with

Stack

O'Connor--Griffiths

Yup. Exactly how i see it. Keep shape and continuity and only adjustments are because hanlon, mcpake and griffiths are back.

hfc rd
18-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Stack

Docherty
Mcpake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Wotherspoon
Osbourne
Claros
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths

subs:-
Brown
Francombe
Stephens
Sproule
Soares ( if fit, but if not then Scott on the bench instead)
O'Donovan
O'Connor

FromTheCapital
18-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Stack

Francomb
Doherty
McPake
Kujabi

Soares (If not fit then Wotherspoon)
Claros
Osbourne
Stevenson

Griffiths
O'Connor

SUBS :

Brown
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Wotherspoon
Scott
Sproule/O'Donovan
Doyle

PPZPOL
18-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Can't believe people seriously think Francomb would be preferred if Hanlon is available.

It's a tricky one, Francomb as I mentioned on another thread after lasts weeks game gave us some great deliveries from set pieces which we've not had for a while, BUT he did have a tough time defending against his opposite number on a few occasions (which is more likely what we'll have to do on Sunday). Doherty was faultless at RB the previous week in the SC and was even better last week stepping in at CB so it's tempting to play him in beside McPake but as mentioned Hanlon had a good game in the SC so Doherty back to RB and have same defence as SC game I think (Doherty, McPake, Hanlon, Kajubi).

It's a nice change to talk about how we fit in defenders due to the good performances they have produced, normally we are discussing who to drop due to a shocker but the only problem was that we were replacing them with someone who had had a shocker the week before them. I think the key is to have a back 4 (5 including GK - Stack IMO) that is going to have a wee run together so we can get some stability at back and hopefully more clean sheets.

Totally off topic but why have we kept Towell? He seems to be way down pecking order and hasn't had a sniff, I take it we are not paying his wages or very little of it?

hfc rd
18-02-2012, 10:32 AM
It's a tricky one, Francomb as I mentioned on another thread after lasts weeks game gave us some great deliveries from set pieces which we've not had for a while, BUT he did have a tough time defending against his opposite number on a few occasions (which is more likely what we'll have to do on Sunday). Doherty was faultless at RB the previous week in the SC and was even better last week stepping in at CB so it's tempting to play him in beside McPake but as mentioned Hanlon had a good game in the SC so Doherty back to RB and have same defence as SC game I think (Doherty, McPake, Hanlon, Kajubi).

It's a nice change to talk about how we fit in defenders due to the good performances they have produced, normally we are discussing who to drop due to a shocker but the only problem was that we were replacing them with someone who had had a shocker the week before them. I think the key is to have a back 4 (5 including GK - Stack IMO) that is going to have a wee run together so we can get some stability at back and hopefully more clean sheets.

Totally off topic but why have we kept Towell? He seems to be way down pecking order and hasn't had a sniff, I take it we are not paying his wages or very little of it?

Really don't know the reason behind that either. I think it's just to cover injuries and suspensions if the worst comes to the worse. I think every hibs fan would agree that it seems that towell ain't going to be here next season.

Eyrie
18-02-2012, 12:02 PM
What you are saying re hanlon up until the killie game, i would have agreed ,but ph beside a decent ch [mcpake] put in a faultless performance and should line up on sun .

subs; brown, o`connor, wotherspoon. donovan, sproule, stephens [ plenty good options on the bench now to change things :agree:
ggtth

Good selection, although I suspect we'll have O'Connor lumbering around instead of Doyle's movement.

007 Mickey Weir
18-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Really don't know the reason behind that either. I think it's just to cover injuries and suspensions if the worst comes to the worse. I think every hibs fan would agree that it seems that towell ain't going to be here next season.

Maybe Hibs agreed a fee to loan him for the season and think they may as well keep him as a squad player. Can't see him staying after the summer though. Would like to see us tie up McPake though!

silverhibee
18-02-2012, 01:32 PM

I think he will go with

Stack

O'Connor--Griffiths

Take Griffiths out and put Doyle in and i think you have the right team FIG.imo :cb

scoopyboy
18-02-2012, 02:17 PM

ggtth

You're right about the subs but I think we will go with seven of them.