PDA

View Full Version : NHC Pompey Back into Administration

Sylar
17-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Portsmouth confirmed as going back into administration for the second time.

Serious fears about their future and suggestions that they may face more than a 10point penalty.

SouthamptonHibs
17-02-2012, 11:36 AM
i was at the Pompey v blackpool game last sat away...what a day out..it's a shame for the real fans as they've had 5 duff owners in a row....we were singing last week "get out of our club get out of our club...you thiefing barstewarts get out of our club"

hope they stay up, the fans deserve it! Pompey nothing like those dirty huns..pompey have a bit of style whereas the huns have nun hail hail

Famous Fiver
17-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Not entirely sure of the background but I think their owner is a Lithuanian/Eastern European who was involved in Lithuanian bank collapse ( Snoras?) which caused our good friend Vlad some of his problems recently, allegedly.

No doubt some of our more knowledgeable contributors on here can let us have a more forensic description of situation.

SouthamptonHibs
17-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Not entirely sure of the background but I think their owner is a Lithuanian/Eastern European who was involved in Lithuanian bank collapse ( Snoras?) which caused our good friend Vlad some of his problems recently, allegedly.

No doubt some of our more knowledgeable contributors on here can let us have a more forensic description of situation.
mate i live down there and get a daily update...3 years on i'm still no further forward in understanding what has went on! even Harrt rednapp's dogg won't spill the beans....to many owners taking cash out the club! pompey are due about £17mil in paracute payments from the prem league but have been put in admin due to £2mil HMRC bill and £2mil other creditors! what pompey have is a proper cash flow problem not an issue with the debt! part of the last admin is to service the old debt it's crippling the club

Haymaker
17-02-2012, 01:29 PM
... Wondered what kicked off the street party this morning...

On the south coast the future is bright. The future is red and white... ;)

Iggy Pope
17-02-2012, 01:40 PM
i was at the Pompey v blackpool game last sat away...what a day out..it's a shame for the real fans as they've had 5 duff owners in a row....we were singing last week "get out of our club get out of our club...you thiefing barstewarts get out of our club"

hope they stay up, the fans deserve it! Pompey nothing like those dirty huns..pompey have a bit of style whereas the huns have nun hail hail

Wee Freudian slip there!

Billy Whizz
17-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Just saw an item on Sky Sports News. Trevor Birch who has been involved with a few clubs says 30% of Championship clubs have wages which are 100% of turnover.
I don't think Pompey will be the last