PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Craig Beattie

sauzee's-socks
17-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Linked to Yams, but on P&B linked to us?

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/167863-craig-beattie/page__st__25

Heard anything?

CallumLaidlaw
17-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Journo on twitter says st Johnstone, st mirren and killie have all offered him deals but close to signing for hearts. Crazy!

M11BMO
17-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Literally just asked about this on the "Yams paid up" thread...

Heard the same last night.

M11BMO
17-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Journo on twitter says st Johnstone, st mirren and killie have all offered him deals but close to signing for hearts. Crazy!

Kenny Shiels has said that he missed out on him yesterday.

Green_one
17-02-2012, 07:59 AM
OK I will be the one to ask

Why would Hearts add to their wage bill at a time they are supposed to be reducing it? It makes no sense but I suppose it is the Hearts.

M11BMO
17-02-2012, 08:05 AM

Why would Hearts add to their wage bill at a time they are supposed to be reducing it? It makes no sense but I suppose it is the Hearts.

Exactly my thoughts.

Dr Jimmy
17-02-2012, 08:13 AM

It's maybe a sign that Romanov has changed his mind, with the huns in the **** and the yams in the QF if the cup with a favourable draw. We have to remember the man is a lunatic and probably changes his mind on an hourly basis after his rabbit talks to him.

MB62
17-02-2012, 08:18 AM

And why would anybody want to sign for them when the chances of them being paid are probably 50-50 at best?

Vlad is certainly Mad and either his threat to withdraw financial support has been one big con (no surprise) or he really doesn't know if he is going for a 5h1te or a haircut

jonty
17-02-2012, 08:19 AM

Or he's actually got money and just can't be arsed moving it about.

If i was Beattie, I'd be wanting my salary until the close season, up front. In my bank account, within 24hrs of signing.

And why would anybody want to sign for them when the chances of them being paid are probably 50-50 at best?

Vlad is certainly Mad and either his threat to withdraw financial support has been one big con (no surprise) or he really doesn't know if he is going for a 5h1te or a haircut

:tee hee:

Part/Time Supporter
17-02-2012, 08:27 AM
The likelier explanation is he's given them enough funding to get through to the end of the season. The cup run has given them a bit more headroom to sign a player short-term. After the season, who knows?

Hibrandenburg
17-02-2012, 08:31 AM

Could be he's got his eye on that 2nd Champions League spot. Good chance that the huns won't be allowed to play in Europe, even if they secure 2nd place.

ballengeich
17-02-2012, 08:36 AM
The likelier explanation is he's given them enough funding to get through to the end of the season. The cup run has given them a bit more headroom to sign a player short-term. After the season, who knows?

That's a reasonable explanation. There's a fair chance that Rangers won't be eligible for European competitions next season so the second place in the Champions' League qualifiers could be up for grabs. In Vlad's mind the dreams of Euro domination have reawakened. After the inevitable flop it'll be back to the previous plan.

andy1875
17-02-2012, 08:41 AM
He certainly has a yammish look about him. His lugs alone would score 10 goals a season!

happiehibbie
17-02-2012, 08:45 AM
What I can tell you is that Mad Vald is having a meeting with the SPL re investing back into Hearts.

you could not make it up !!

flash
17-02-2012, 09:29 AM
What I can tell you is that Mad Vald is having a meeting with the SPL re investing back into Hearts.

Yet you just did exactly that.

CropleyWasGod
17-02-2012, 09:30 AM

Why would the SPL be interested?

Haymaker
17-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Could be he's got his eye on that 2nd Champions League spot. Good chance that the huns won't be allowed to play in Europe, even if they secure 2nd place.

There is a good chance Hearts wont be able to participate either IIRC? Not signing off your accounts?

DC_Hibs
17-02-2012, 09:41 AM

I'd agree.

One thing I can't understand is why he'd waste that money on a jug eared phanny who hasn't even scored 1 goal in every 5 games and is constantly injured.

Good work Vlad, I look forward to the next set of accounts as this latest year is yet another shocker.

H18sry
17-02-2012, 10:02 AM

What has it to do with the SPL,if he invest's or not?

Andy74
17-02-2012, 10:06 AM
What has it to do with the SPL,if he invest's or not?

Nowt.

MB62
17-02-2012, 10:10 AM
It was also reported in Der Sun today that they have lost a case against one of their young players who they let go. They now have to pay the lad £70,000 to cover the rest of his contract.

hibee
17-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Looks like the deal has been done, maybe just to upset Shiels again!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/302649

hibee92
17-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Decent signing but I said the same about John Sutton and that never turned out well.

Wheat Hound
17-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Yep, strange they would offload Sutton on loan to save paying his wages and then bring CB in who must be on similar terms?

bingo70
17-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Decent signing but I said the same about John Sutton and that never turned out well.

In what respect is it a decent signing? He's pish and always injured, awful signing imo

cabbageandribs1875
17-02-2012, 12:07 PM
hertz= trying to be like rangers since 1874

Part/Time Supporter
17-02-2012, 03:09 PM
In what respect is it a decent signing? He's pish and always injured, awful signing imo

He's scored about 30 goals in about 7 seasons as a professional. Some of which were with Celtic FFS. On paper at least, Sutton was a much better signing.

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Why would anyone willingly sign for them?:confused:

Hibs7
17-02-2012, 03:13 PM

That is the unanswered question, it just doesn't make sense to sign for that lot considering their recent history with wages, players etc.

aljo7-0
17-02-2012, 03:55 PM

No one in their right mind but then again greed is a powerful thing. All the best con men rely on greed to ensure that the £££signs block the mark's vision ....... or something like that.

Golden Bear
17-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Has Beattie actually signed for the big team then or will this be another non story?

oldbutdim
17-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Has Beattie actually signed for the big team then or will this be another non story?

Fingers crossed!

:thumbsup:

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-02-2012, 04:36 PM
If this is true it's nothing short of a scandal, they don't have a pot to pish in, don't pay their taxes when they are meant to, same goes for wages and they can get away with this?

Arrogance beyond belief in my book

Plus the fact Beattie must be certified.

Iain G
17-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Rather have Johnnie Beattie... ;-)

Andy74
17-02-2012, 05:47 PM
If this is true it's nothing short of a scandal, they don't have a pot to pish in, don't pay their taxes when they are meant to, same goes for wages and they can get away with this?

Arrogance beyond belief in my book

Plus the fact Beattie must be certified.

SPL fast becoming a bigger joke than it was. This needs a grip taken of it now!

Winston Ingram
17-02-2012, 05:53 PM

This is it in a nutshell. A bet he's one of the 1st tae start greetin when his wages aren't paid. These muppets know the score when they sign so can't complain when things go against them:agree:

fat freddy
17-02-2012, 08:47 PM
the hearts players always get their money eventually and its better money than they'd get anywhere else so for most of them its worth the hassle...if craig beattie has went there for the money then he will get it one way or another or if he's went there for football reasons you only have to look at the league table to see why he's maybe decided this is the best move for him.

Kaiser1962
17-02-2012, 09:57 PM
the hearts players always get their money eventually and its better money than they'd get anywhere else so for most of them its worth the hassle...if craig beattie has went there for the money then he will get it one way or another or if he's went there for football reasons you only have to look at the league table to see why he's maybe decided this is the best move for him.

That'll be the one with the team in administration in 2nd, the one who went bust a wee while ago in third and total financial basket cases in 4th.

I am repeatedly flabbergasted at how success is defined in football.

Albion Hibs
17-02-2012, 10:00 PM
He is a poor mans Garry O'Connor. He went down south has played for a handful of teams and has now come back up the road. Quite why he wants to go and play for them given that it is news when they pay their players I dont know.

Scouse Hibee
17-02-2012, 10:02 PM
He is a poor mans Garry O'Connor. He went down south has played for a handful of teams and has now come back up the road. Quite why he wants to go and play for them given that it is news when they pay their players I dont know.

A poor mans GOC! On current form Beattie must only have one leg then! :greengrin

Albion Hibs
17-02-2012, 10:03 PM
A poor mans GOC! On current form Beattie must only have one leg then! :greengrin

Lets just see how Beattie's form is after 10 games!!

Geo_1875
17-02-2012, 10:05 PM

No doubt he'll be back in the Scotland squad soon then.

Albion Hibs
17-02-2012, 10:07 PM
No doubt he'll be back in the Scotland squad soon then.

Thats a stick on.

Gmack7
17-02-2012, 11:35 PM
That'll be the one with the team in administration in 2nd, the one who went bust a wee while ago in third and total financial basket cases in 4th.

not so much success,more like your average player not having any principles(greedy bas£££ds)

Scouse Hibee
17-02-2012, 11:38 PM
not so much success,more like your average player not having any principles(greedy bas£££ds)

If the money's on offer who would turn it down?

Hibs7
18-02-2012, 07:44 AM

Put that way it shows how corrupt and stupid Scottish football is, then they wonder why crowds are falling.