PDA

View Full Version : What should happen to Rangers?

Mikeystewart
16-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Assuming it comes to liquidation.

If you don't agree with any other above and can think of an alternative please discuss.

Hibs Class
16-02-2012, 07:36 PM
If they were to go into liquidation then the likeliest scenario is that someone would buy an existing SFL club, e.g. East Stirling and rename them Rangers then take over their place in the league and relocate them. In the same way as their supporters don't care about financial losses at other clubs due to their administration, they won't care if another group of supporters sees their club wiped out. All they care about is the continuation of their own bigoted team, although given that salmond has said the survival of the huns is the most important thing you maybe cannot blame them.

Eyrie
16-02-2012, 08:24 PM
I voted "kicked out" but am expecting "change of rules".

Saorsa
16-02-2012, 08:27 PM
kick the ****my ***** oot

green glory
16-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Any option involving bulldozers does it for me.

GGTH

jonty
16-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Custodial sentences and banishment from the leagues.
Confiscation of previous league and cup wins.
points removed from any teams that's have won/drawn against them - remove them from this seasons fixtures.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Firing squad, each and every one of them. :gun:

Sylar
16-02-2012, 08:48 PM
They've been treated with consistency in terms of their punishment for going into administration.

IF they then dive into liquidation (which by the admission of the administrators, looks unlikely) then I'd expect them to be expelled and forced to reapply, which would be granted in conjunction with an efficient restructuring of the 4 leagues into some new format (i.e., SPL1 and SPL2).

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Kicked out, Yams as well, that will teach them not to be so bloody arrogant

:rules:

mca
16-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Kicked out, Yams as well, that will teach them not to be so bloody arrogant

:rules:

+1

:aok:

DCI Gene Hunt
16-02-2012, 09:27 PM
No option, in the interests of fairness and common sense, chop 'em And don't let them back in! :chop:

Irish_Steve
16-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I voted kick them out but maybe we should form another league without them and only let teams who can manage the debt accordingly in. Also, only let celtic in if they abide by new rules and share any monies equally

stokesmessiah
16-02-2012, 09:39 PM
I get the feeling that a lot of people (myself included) are going to be disappointed by the outcome of this, It wont be long before it is business as usual in the SPL.

Cropley10
16-02-2012, 10:29 PM
They've been treated with consistency in terms of their punishment for going into administration.

IF they then dive into liquidation (which by the admission of the administrators, looks unlikely) then I'd expect them to be expelled and forced to reapply, which would be granted in conjunction with an efficient restructuring of the 4 leagues into some new format (i.e., SPL1 and SPL2).

So you're believing that shifty bald guy who did the Press Conference today when he said liquidation was unlikely?

truehibernian
16-02-2012, 10:34 PM
What should happen........less airtime on the BBC Scotland news so that there can be more time given to the weather report.....how fine was Cat Cubie looking tonight by the way.....ayuh ayuh ayuh :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
16-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Fired out of a cannon.

hibsbollah
16-02-2012, 10:42 PM
A slow torturous death. Followed by sneaking into the graveyard at the dead of night and leaving a warm toley on their cold grave.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 10:44 PM
A slow torturous death. Followed by sneaking into the graveyard at the dead of night and leaving a warm toley on their cold grave.

:faf:

Steven_Hibs
16-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Kicked out, without a doubt. What they have done is cheat cheat cheat. But the SPL/SFA will bend over backward to help them :cb:rolleyes:

stokesmessiah
16-02-2012, 11:06 PM
So you're believing that shifty bald guy who did the Press Conference today when he said liquidation was unlikely?

Not sure how they can say that, surely if the ruling goes in favour of the HMRC in the big tax case they are goosed?

CropleyWasGod
16-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Not sure how they can say that, surely if the ruling goes in favour of the HMRC in the big tax case they are goosed?

They said it to (a) make it more attractive to potential buyers (b) give comfort to current suppliers and (c) keep the morale of supporters up.

Geo_1875
16-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Get them tae ****. And any team that includes Rangers in their name should be banned from applying for league membership. I'm sick of hearing how much Scotland and Scottish football needs them.

SteveHFC
16-02-2012, 11:18 PM
They should leave and ****** off from Scottish football.

CropleyWasGod
16-02-2012, 11:22 PM
They should leave and ****** off from Scottish football.

Thank you, Pope Benedict.

Ian Paisley?

Joe
16-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Anything short of full on crusifxtion would be a disgrace and I would like to personally volunteer to drive the nails in :greengrin

If there is a rule change then the SPL might as well simply say that their is one rule for the old firm and another rule for the rest.

The media, Sportsound lot keep playing the worlds smallest violin for the poor wee huns while losing sight of the fact that Rangers have been cheating their balls of for years. They broke the rules they should be punished, simple as.

cad
17-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Its a stick on whatever should happen , wont .

frazeHFC
17-02-2012, 12:31 AM
They messed up, why should everything change to suit them. Kick them out and give them a huge GIRUY in the process.

Captain Trips
17-02-2012, 02:53 AM
The key factor for me is what would the powers at be at ER tick? What would the powers at be of the other clubs tick? They will have a big say on what may happen depending on the outcome.

What I will say as one of the biggest critics of our board if they were to have the same views as most people on here appear (put diplomatically of course) to have then I would give them immense credit.

Sort them oot Rod.