PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

Before we start let me just say that im not a Hibs fan or at least wasnt till Pat Fenlon took charge. For the record im a Shamrock Rovers fan(no wise cracks lol) anyway I just wanted to say a few things about ur manager. Over the past few weeks since Pat took over I have been on several Hibs sites to see what the reaction has been to him. I have read alot of crap about him i.e he doesnt no what he is doing, he isnt the man for the job blah blah blah. Well as someone who has been a life long shamrock rovers and league of Ireland fan let me just say a few things about this man u have in charge now. This man trust me IS THE REAL DEAL. He has won countless league titles in Ireland with 2 different clubs(Bohs & Shelbourne) and done it with virtually no money. This man nos the game inside out and is a great leader and motivator. I no from reading stuff on other sites that the players took over the dressing room when Colin Calderwood was manager. Trust me this WILL NOT happen under PF. This man will get rid of all the trouble makers and make Hibs a force to be reckoned with. Some of u may laugh at this but im telling u if he is given the time this man will make ur club fantastic.

Just to finish I wanted to say that the league of Ireland has lost its best manager in years and I hope that all u Hibs fan realise what u have. This man is a legend in Ireland as a manager and he will turn ur club into a force.

Thank u and I hope ur club has lots of success under him.:flag:

DaveF
16-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Cheers Keith.

I knew nothing about Fenlon before he arrived but in his short time here he has already ditched most of the dead wood and brought a sense of excitement and optimism back to the fans.

I like the guy and with luck, think he will do us proud.

GGTTH

Jim44
16-02-2012, 06:03 PM

Before we start let me just say that im not a Hibs fan or at least wasnt till Pat Fenlon took charge. For the record im a Shamrock Rovers fan(no wise cracks lol) anyway I just wanted to say a few things about ur manager. Over the past few weeks since Pat took over I have been on several Hibs sites to see what the reaction has been to him. I have read alot of crap about him i.e he doesnt no what he is doing, he isnt the man for the job blah blah blah. Well as someone who has been a life long shamrock rovers and league of Ireland fan let me just say a few things about this man u have in charge now. This man trust me IS THE REAL DEAL. He has won countless league titles in Ireland with 2 different clubs(Bohs & Shelbourne) and done it with virtually no money. This man nos the game inside out and is a great leader and motivator. I no from reading stuff on other sites that the players took over the dressing room when Colin Calderwood was manager. Trust me this WILL NOT happen under PF. This man will get rid of all the trouble makers and make Hibs a force to be reckoned with. Some of u may laugh at this but im telling u if he is given the time this man will make ur club fantastic.

Just to finish I wanted to say that the league of Ireland has lost its best manager in years and I hope that all u Hibs fan realise what u have. This man is a legend in Ireland as a manager and he will turn ur club into a force.

I'm surprised you think there has been a lot of negativity about PF. Sure, a few may have reservations, but I think his arrival at ER has been generally met with optimism and enthusiasm.

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Cheers Keith.

I knew nothing about Fenlon before he arrived but in his short time here he has already ditched most of the dead wood and brought a sense of excitement and optimism back to the fans.

I like the guy and with luck, think he will do us proud.

GGTTH

U should go to wikipedia and look him up im telling u mate this man is the real deal im not messing. And before he left Bohs he was also the manager of Republic of Ireland Under 23s

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm surprised you think there has been a lot of negativity about PF. Sure, a few may have reservations, but I think his arrival at ER has been generally met with optimism and enthusiasm.

I was reading some of the other sites like hibees bounce I think one of them was called and alot of guys on it were saying he only has this amount of points in 11 games and so on thats why I had to try and reassure u all lol

Sodje_18
16-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I think we've definitely employed the right guy this time, can't remember the last management team we had that were this ambitious and animated. On the touch line he's very Martin O'Neil-esque imo.

:pfgwa

wpj
16-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I was reading some of the other sites like hibees bounce I think one of them was called and alot of guys on it were saying he only has this amount of points in 11 games and so on thats why I had to try and reassure u all lol

Turning around what we had and how we were was never going to be an overnight job, Good luck to your team this season too

Pedantic_Hibee
16-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks for that, Pat.

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:15 PM
I think we've definitely employed the right guy this time, can't remember the last management team we had that were this ambitious and animated. On the touch line he's very Martin O'Neil-esque imo.

:pfgwa

Thats exactly who he is like and im telling u this man will make u good very very good but I just hope Rod Petrie gives him time

Jay
16-02-2012, 06:16 PM
I think people were wary of him in the beginning, and probably had a right to be given the last few managers we have and added ti the fact he was pretty unkown to us. Howeverthere is an excited buzz about Fenlon, not only from the hibs fans but from the media and many others involved with football.

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2012, 06:19 PM
:hmmm:

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:19 PM
I think people were wary of him in the beginning, and probably had a right to be given the last few managers we have and added ti the fact he was pretty unkown to us. Howeverthere is an excited buzz about Fenlon, not only from the hibs fans but from the media and many others involved with football.

As I said earlier to DaveF go to wikipedia and check him out.Im not 100% sure but he has won 5 league titles as a manager in Ireland in about 9 years with no money

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:20 PM

?????????

R'Albin
16-02-2012, 06:22 PM
U should go to wikipedia and look him up im telling u mate this man is the real deal im not messing. And before he left Bohs he was also the manager of Republic of Ireland Under 23s

Cheers for the info! Never even knew that, I really am beginning to get excited about Hibs at the moment. I haven't seen a lot of his new signings but going by highlights and reviews on here it sounds like they've been doing really well. He's seen the areas that we were particularly weak in and he has strengthened him. The board obviously have faith in him and it seems they are prepared to back him, going by the January window.

There has been a much better feel around Easter Road since he has came in. Calderwood just killed the place - even when he was first appointed he was greeted with disappointment from some fans - he was just so bland, uninspring, clueless and it seems that Fenlon is the opposite of all these things. When I listened to a 5 minute interview with Colin Calderwood I found myself drifting off, not really listening to what he was saying. With Fenlon though and always find myself interested in what he is saying, not only does he talk a lot more sense, but he just sounds so much more enthusiastic and that he feels grateful that he has the oppurtunity to manage Hibs - unlike Calderwood who showed in the summer he never really cared that much, and to be honest treated the club with a complete lack of respect.

It's just great now that we finally have a manager, who doesn't take his position for granted, is enthusiastic and also has football knowledge to go with it.

S.sct
16-02-2012, 06:24 PM

Thanks mate, think you'll find that the majority of Hibbies are very much behind PF. Dead wood gone and individual positions (that we had all identified for some time) dealt with (even if by short term loans). I have no doubt that he will be a success at ER. Keep following the Hibs.....you know it makes sense......

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks mate, think you'll find that the majority of Hibbies are very much behind PF. Dead wood gone and individual positions (that we had all identified for some time) dealt with (even if by short term loans). I have no doubt that he will be a success at ER. Keep following the Hibs.....you know it makes sense......

Dont no about following them lol but I find myself every Saturday since he took over looking out for there result and hoping u won.............How sad is that lol

Prof. Shaggy
16-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Dont no about following them lol but I find myself every Saturday since he took over looking out for there result and hoping u won.............How sad is that lol

We know.

Dinkydoo
16-02-2012, 06:30 PM

Indeed.....

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Indeed.....

???????????????

Come on spit it out

Dinkydoo
16-02-2012, 06:33 PM
???????????????

Come on spit it out

Spit what out?

Keith_M
16-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Come on, just admit it, you're actually Pat's agent. There's no point trying to convince us he needs a pay rise, you need to speak to Iron Rod.

:wink:

Can't say I've heard many Hibs fans say he's not up to much, quite the contrary in fact.

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Spit what out?

Whatever u wanted to say about PF

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Come on, just admit it, you're actually Pat's agent. There's no point trying to convince us he needs a pay rise, you need to speak to Iron Rod.

:wink:

Can't say I've heard many Hibs fans say he's not up to much, quite the contrary in fact.

Wish I was his agent mate lol. I just wanted u all to realise what u have

Dinkydoo
16-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Whatever u wanted to say about PF

PF, I think he's done a great job so far, as good as anyone could have hoped for really. As long as improvement continues and we are steered clear of relegation, I'll be very happy to have him in charge for what will be an extremely important next season for us.

iwasthere1972
16-02-2012, 06:38 PM

:agree: That's what I thought. Not immediately but after about 30 seconds. :greengrin Time will tell. Could be wrong.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 06:39 PM
How true is it fenlon had no money to spend while managing in Ireland?

edwards
16-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Keith the last thing we want Fenlon to do is fail but football is a funny old game. Felon has probably taken over one of the worst squad of hibs players I have ever witnessed. He has brought in a few loan players which will hopefully get us out of the relagtion problems we are in.
Our defence was one of the worst in Scotland and he has went out and brought in a few decent loans, lets hope Paddy is as good as you think he is.

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:40 PM
:agree: That's what I thought. Not immediately but after about 30 seconds. :greengrin Time will tell. Could be wrong.

Could be wrong about what

Ferryhibby
16-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Good on ya keith for sharing that with us...think the board have done well here appointed a man with huge balls and character...anyone crossing a religious divide over there and handling it that well deserves loads of respect..the fact hes proved to be a winner seems to be rubbing off on some of the playersw..Stevenson and Wotherspoon to name but two, i love listening to the guy, he speaks a lot of sense and humerous unlike our previous manager...there was a comment from a Dundee Utd fan a couple of weeks ago saying they really dodged a bullet not appointing Fenlon...we'll see GGTTH

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:41 PM
How true is it fenlon had no money to spend while managing in Ireland?

What do u mean how true is it

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2012, 06:43 PM

:agree: Over egged it just a bit toooooooo much for me like!

Keith Murphy
Good on ya keith for sharing that with us...think the board have done well here appointed a man with huge balls and character...anyone crossing a religious divide over there and handling it that well deserves loads of respect..the fact hes proved to be a winner seems to be rubbing off on some of the playersw..Stevenson and Wotherspoon to name but two, i love listening to the guy, he speaks a lot of sense and humerous unlike our previous manager...there was a comment from a Dundee Utd fan a couple of weeks ago saying they really dodged a bullet not appointing Fenlon...we'll see GGTTH

We will see about that bullet that was dodged cos if u stay in the SPL which u will I guarantee u will finish above them next season

blackpoolhibs
What do u mean how true is it

Come on Keith, surely you understand the question?:confused:

I'm sure we were told he did have a fair bit to spend when managing, it was just the later period when he managed the team to 6th on a shoestring?

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Come on Keith, surely you understand the question?:confused:

I'm sure we were told he did have a fair bit to spend when managing, it was just the later period when he managed the team to 6th on a shoestring?

Its obvious u no nothing about the League of Ireland

Dinkydoo
16-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Keith, you've obviously seen a lot of PF.

What were derby matches like for the teams he managed, when he had a full strength squad of course?

He strikes me as a 'mind game' type of man - someone who has the ability to really motivate the players, and unnerve the opposition.

Do you think he'll have the squad right up for the next derby match, ready to stick one right up the hearts? :greengrin:

It's something CC was never capable of.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Its obvious u no nothing about the League of Ireland

You are right, i know bugger all about it. Inform me then please, we were told when he was being approached that he'd won 5 or 6 championships, but his biggest achievement was his last one, where he'd scraped together a side with no budget. In fact he only had 3 players when pre season started.

Is this wrong?

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2012, 06:50 PM
You are right, i know bugger all about it. Inform me then please, we were told when he was being approached that he'd won 5 or 6 championships, but his biggest achievement was his last one, where he'd scraped together a side with no budget. In fact he only had 3 players when pre season started.

Is this wrong?

Give him a chance to do the research :wink:

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:55 PM

Is this wrong?

For the record they finished 5th last year and it definitely is not his biggest achievement who told u it was or let me guess ur chairman.....He probably said that cos he has no intention of giving him any money to spend.

How about getting a team of part timers to the 3rd qualifying round of the champions league and only losing narrowly to IFK Gotenborg I think it was and in Ireland there are no clubs that have money they are nearly all part time clubs yet one of them( shamrock rovers) qualified for the group stage of the europa league this year which correct me if im wrong no team in the SPL has done to date. And yes he has won 5 league titles in Ireland in 9 years

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Keith, you've obviously seen a lot of PF.

What were derby matches like for the teams he managed, when he had a full strength squad of course?

He strikes me as a 'mind game' type of man - someone who has the ability to really motivate the players, and unnerve the opposition.

Do you think he'll have the squad right up for the next derby match, ready to stick one right up the hearts? :greengrin:

It's something CC was never capable of.

He has been a manager in Ireland for 10 years so yes I have seen lots of him and the team I support are his last clubs biggest rivals so I hated him until this year lol

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Give him a chance to do the research :wink:

No research needed my friend

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 07:00 PM
For the record they finished 5th last year and it definitely is not his biggest achievement who told u it was or let me guess ur chairman.....He probably said that cos he has no intention of giving him any money to spend.

How about getting a team of part timers to the 3rd qualifying round of the champions league and only losing narrowly to IFK Gotenborg I think it was and in Ireland there are no clubs that have money they are nearly all part time clubs yet one of them( shamrock rovers) qualified for the group stage of the europa league this year which correct me if im wrong no team in the SPL has done to date. And yes he has won 5 league titles in Ireland in 9 years

You are doing quite a lot of guessing Keith, then you came on here stating he's about to be the new Alex Ferguson, yet when asked a few questions you go on the attack against our chairman and the SPL???????

What clubs were spending more than Fenlon when he was doing this great work at Shamrock?

whiskyhibby
16-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks for that, Pat.

:-))

Dinkydoo
16-02-2012, 07:01 PM
No research needed my friend

What makes you think our chairman is a tight-arse? :faf:

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 07:02 PM
You are doing quite a lot of guessing Keith, then you came on here stating he's about to be the new Alex Ferguson, yet when asked a few questions you go on the attack against our chairman and the SPL???????

What clubs were spending more than Fenlon when he was doing this great work at Shamrock?

See what I mean U NO NOTHING he never managed Shamrock Rovers

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 07:07 PM
See what I mean U NO NOTHING he never managed Shamrock Rovers

Exactly as i already said, i know bugger all about the irish league. I know he managed in ireland, and thats about it. We were told by various folk on here from ireland, (not petrie) that he had managed a couple of clubs, and had the best budget, then it all went tits up and he managed a minor miracle in taking them to i thought 6th, you tell me 5th. Which part of this is wrong?

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Easy dude..I'm from Musselburgh but live in dub..I would say most dubs here really wish him well, mainly cause of the fact he's a winner! Was told first thing he would do is make us hard to beat..there are signs of that..like others I think he needed to win trust , which he is doing..next is to take us back up to where we should be and I'm confident he will..from what I can tell the majority are right behind him

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Easy dude..I'm from Musselburgh but live in dub..I would say most dubs here really wish him well, mainly cause of the fact he's a winner! Was told first thing he would do is make us hard to beat..there are signs of that..like others I think he needed to win trust , which he is doing..next is to take us back up to where we should be and I'm confident he will..from what I can tell the majority are right behind him

I think you are correct, i'd say everyone is behind him.:agree: Could you answer what Keith clearly has difficulty doing, did Fenlon have nothing to spend, or was he one of, or indeed the best supported manager financially in ireland when he was winning trophies?

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Exactly as i already said, i know bugger all about the irish league. I know he managed in ireland, and thats about it. We were told by various folk on here from ireland, (not petrie) that he had managed a couple of clubs, and had the best budget, then it all went tits up and he managed a minor miracle in taking them to i thought 6th, you tell me 5th. Which part of this is wrong?

Listen sorry about my tone in what im saying I just really want him to do well not just for Hibs but to show that we have top players and coaches in Ireland and that maybe more clubs in scotland and england should look in Ireland for staff and players. Its not just PF that I hope does well its also Michael O Neill who left Shamrock Rovers to take the Northern Ireland job and also Paul Cook who left Sligo on Tuesday to manage Accrington Stanley

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Listen sorry about my tone in what im saying I just really want him to do well not just for Hibs but to show that we have top players and coaches in Ireland and that maybe more clubs in scotland and england should look in Ireland for staff and players. Its not just PF that I hope does well its also Michael O Neill who left Shamrock Rovers to take the Northern Ireland job and also Paul Cook who left Sligo on Tuesday to manage Accrington Stanley

I want him to do well too, as all Hibs fans. Your tone makes no difference to me buddy, all i asked is, was it true what you were saying, as we were told different?

stokesmessiah
16-02-2012, 07:23 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I want him to do well too, as all Hibs fans. Your tone makes no difference to me buddy, all i asked is, was it true what you were saying, as we were told different?

Yes he probably did have the biggest budget in the league but that doesnt matter u still have to able to win things and he has. I dont think people realise but for a club/manager/player from Ireland to do well in another country is a big deal especially someone like PF who has never played or managed anywhere else other than in Ireland until this year.

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 07:28 PM
I think you are correct, i'd say everyone is behind him.:agree: Could you answer what Keith clearly has difficulty doing, did Fenlon have nothing to spend, or was he one of, or indeed the best supported manager financially in ireland when he was winning trophies?

He did have cash (in Loi terms) until things went tits up

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Yes he probably did have the biggest budget in the league but that doesnt matter u still have to able to win things and he has. I dont think people realise but for a club/manager/player from Ireland to do well in another country is a big deal especially someone like PF who has never played or managed anywhere else other than in Ireland until this year.
If he does well it will be a great achievement....positive vibes! :-)

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 07:33 PM

Sorry about the tone of my post, but what a load of sheite. And i base that on what you posted originally. PS he did play or was signed for Chelsea.

This man trust me IS THE REAL DEAL. He has won countless league titles in Ireland with 2 different clubs(Bohs & Shelbourne) and done it with virtually no money.

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Sorry about the tone of my post, but what a load of sheite. And i base that on what you posted originally.

This man trust me IS THE REAL DEAL. He has won countless league titles in Ireland with 2 different clubs(Bohs & Shelbourne) and done it with virtually no money.

Just beat me to it :greengrin

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 07:36 PM
[/B]
Just beat me to it :greengrin

U people have no clue

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 07:37 PM
U people have no clue

Go get yourself a shovel.

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Go get yourself a shovel.

Like I said u havent a clue

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Like I said u havent a clue

Well if you could educate me without contradicting what you say, perhaps i would. :confused:

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2012, 07:42 PM
U people have no clue

Really? See post 11 :greengrin

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Well if you could educate me without contradicting what you say, perhaps i would. :confused:

Roughly how much is ur clubs budget per year

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Roughly how much is ur clubs budget per year

What has that got to do with Pat Fenlons budget and record in Ireland?

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 07:47 PM
U people have no clue

Keith, you come on with a good vibe and now your being kind of opinionated and jumping down folks throats...I agree pf could be a great manager for us but as I've said there ain't many here that don't think the same..if you fancy coming along to watch a game on telly in Dublin with the rest of us hibbies here you more than welcome..but if we don't always agree don't jump down my throat ;-)

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Keith, you come on with a good vibe and now your being kind of opinionated and jumping down folks throats...I agree pf could be a great manager for us but as I've said there ain't many here that don't think the same..if you fancy coming along to watch a game on telly in Dublin with the rest of us hibbies here you more than welcome..but if we don't always agree don't jump down my throat ;-)

Im not jumping down ur throat mate its that blacpool fella that doesnt understand maybe u can explain to him what the LOI is like then he might understand what im trying to say

Dinkydoo
16-02-2012, 07:49 PM
U people have no clue

Whats the point in name calling Keith. You are the one who came on here quoting/patronising us with the most reputable of sources in Wikipedia, claiming to be a 'born again' Hibby one minute, and saying we don't have a clue the next. Oh and some derogatory comment about our chairman - and why and any fan from the LOI would know anything about the chairman of our club, still baffles me.

Easter Road X1
16-02-2012, 07:51 PM
The League of Ireland has produced some very fine players over the last few years who have moved on to better things;

Kevin Doyle ex-Cork City
Shane Long ex-Cork City
Keith Fahy ex St Pats
Seamus Coleman ex-Sligo Rovers
James McClean ex-Derry City
Stephen Ward ex-Boheminans
David Forde ex- Galway United
Wes Hoolihan ex-Shelbourne

So it would stand to reason that the League of Ireland would produce some decent managers and in Pat Fenlon who has won 5 league titles in 9 years as a manager with 2 different clubs Hibs have the pick of them.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Im not jumping down ur throat mate its that blacpool fella that doesnt understand maybe u can explain to him what the LOI is like then he might understand what im trying to say

I do know what you are trying to say, its easy you have said it in your posts. Here's a summary of what you have said.

Fenlons the man, he won numerous cups and leagues with no money, he also won those same trophies with the biggest budget. How could anyone be confused?

HNA6
16-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Whats the point in name calling Keith. You are the one who came on here quoting/patronising us with the most reputable of sources in Wikipedia, claiming to be a 'born again' Hibby one minute, and saying we don't have a clue the next. Oh and some derogatory comment about our chairman - and why and any fan from the LOI would know anything about the chairman of our club, still baffles me.Perhaps because he reads the forums ..just a thought ..

Theres a few on here deciding to be judge & jury with the op ..if you are unsure of the op's credibility we would rather you report the account to Admin & let us deal with it ..:aok:

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Perhaps because he reads the forums ..just a thought ..

Theres a few on here deciding to be judge & jury with the op ..if you are unsure of the op's credibility we would rather you report the account to Admin & let us deal with it ..:aok:

:aok: Consider it reported................I think he's a YAM on the wind up!

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 07:57 PM

Look im not on here to cause trouble far from it actually. I am just passionate about managers from the LOI doing well abroad thats all

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 07:57 PM

Yeah there ain't much dough agreed Keith but he had more to spend than others..with both his teams..not knocking him far from it, I'm now genuinely excited about what he can do..think the point (and I may be wrong) bh is making is that his shoestring was longer than other shoestrings ;-) saying that almost getting to where he did in Europe was special..my bohs regulars would say what he achieved last year in the league was a miracle (no relative of the chairman hehe)

hibbill2002
16-02-2012, 07:58 PM

Wasting your time here mate.

HNA6
16-02-2012, 07:59 PM
:aok: Consider it reported................I think he's a YAM on the wind up!Well I dont ..so you can give up now ..:aok:

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 08:00 PM

I am not deciding to be judge or jury with Keith, he posted his original post which i asked if what he said was true. He then goes on the attack, the SPL Petrie and my knowledge of Irish football, which admittedly is nil.

He then goes on to completely contradict part of what his original post was, the bit i queried, yet does not seem to understand why i queried it and him again in subsequent posts?:confused:

R'Albin
Why if he was a Yam would he be saying that he hoped we do well? :confused:

Scouse Hibee
Well I dont ..so you can give up now ..:aok:

Ok you did ask! :greengrin :aok:

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah there ain't much dough agreed Keith but he had more to spend than others..with both his teams..not knocking him far from it, I'm now genuinely excited about what he can do..think the point (and I may be wrong) bh is making is that his shoestring was longer than other shoestrings ;-) saying that almost getting to where he did in Europe was special..my bohs regulars would say what he achieved last year in the league was a miracle (no relative of the chairman hehe)

Cant argue with any of that, i like what he's doing at Hibs, and if he can replicate what he did in Ireland, we will all be very happy. :agree:

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 08:04 PM
I am not deciding to be judge or jury with Keith, he posted his original post which i asked if what he said was true. He then goes on the attack, the SPL Petrie and my knowledge of Irish football, which admittedly is nil.

He then goes on to completely contradict part of what his original post was, the bit i queried, yet does not seem to understand why i queried it and him again in subsequent posts?:confused:

I wasnt attacking the SPL I was just stating a fact that no team in the SPL has nade the group stages of the europa league thats all. And the budget that PF had at his ladt club was nothing compared to what he has at Hibs

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Cant argue with any of that, i like what he's doing at Hibs, and if he can replicate what he did in Ireland, we will all be very happy. :agree:

For sure!

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I wasnt attacking the SPL I was just stating a fact that no team in the SPL has nade the group stages of the europa league thats all. And the budget that PF had at his ladt club was nothing compared to what he has at Hibs

Wrong again. :faf:

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 08:07 PM

Ok Keith I'm bowing out here...I would check your facts before posting and not just re the Europa..maybe see you Sunday!

Pedantic_Hibee
16-02-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't think he's a Hearts fan and I can usually spot the plebs from a thousand paces.

I do have some strong reservations on his grammar but I'm willing to let that go for now.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 08:09 PM

Here you go Keith.

DaveF
16-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Wasting your time here mate.

I take it the bounce is back up :rolleyes:

hibbill2002
16-02-2012, 08:14 PM
I take it the bounce is back up :rolleyes:

Take what you want.

ronaldo7
16-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Ok Keith I'm bowing out here...I would check your facts before posting and not just re the Europa..maybe see you Sunday!

Friday night team talk in the Auld Brig J.:aok:

You were more of a ship man in your time in Mussy.

LancsHibs
16-02-2012, 08:34 PM
This board cracks me up, some bloke from Ireland comes on to say a few nice things about our new manager and hopes we/he does well and he's ripped to pieces :faf:
About as friendly a reception as the taxman at the next lodge meeting:duck:
Bye Keith:bye:

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 08:36 PM
This board cracks me up, some bloke from Ireland comes on to say a few nice things about our new manager and hopes we/he does well and he's ripped to pieces :faf:

What can I say I was only trying to be nice and give ui all confidence in ur manager but hey thats life

Hibernia Na Eir
16-02-2012, 08:38 PM

Good lad Keith!
I agree with all you say, although i personally dont know of any Hibs fans who have had a dig at Pat. All i hear is good good stuff. The fans are starting to enjoy what they are seeing.
Hope we meet again this summer when the Hibees come over to the Emerald Isle :greengrin

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Friday night team talk in the Auld Brig J.:aok:

You were more of a ship man in your time in Mussy.

Too right Ron..muss must be down to about 5 pubs now..I'm scared any time I leave after a visit another will be gone :-(

ronaldo7
16-02-2012, 08:39 PM
What can I say I was only trying to be nice and give ui all confidence in ur manager but hey thats life

Hi Keith,

No need to give us confidence bud, we've got it in spades after seeing Nutsy go about his business.

Cheers for the info though:aok:

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Good lad Keith!
I agree with all you say, although i personally dont know of any Hibs fans who have had a dig at Pat. All i hear is good good stuff. The fans are starting to enjoy what they are seeing.
Hope we meet again this summer when the Hibees come over to the Emerald Isle :greengrin

Are they coming over?

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 08:42 PM

Stick around bud

sleeping giant
16-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I've not met any fans who slate him. Quite the opposite in fact.

I'm fully behind him. He seems so focused on the job. Doesn't want to be the players pal and seems straight to the point.

I believe that PF actually does know what needs doing at Hibs. Its a long time since i've thought that about our manager:greengrin

Mon the Irish :flag:

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Stick around bud

I might but a few people want me off the site already

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 08:49 PM

Just check facts before stating ;-) more Hibs minded over here the better!
Stick around

hibbill2002
16-02-2012, 08:50 PM

:agree:, although i hope its not Bye to Keith.

DaveF
16-02-2012, 08:51 PM

I would'nt worry about it. A few posters think you are a hearts fan on the wind up hence the grief.

If you are genuine then you'll stick around and enjoy the boards.

andy1875
Keith, hang around mate. Your comments on Fenlon are welcome, it's good to hear about some positive feedback on a manager for a change!

Even if you are a Yam, keep talking up the Cabbage!:greengrin

Only kiddin mate, cheers and welcome to Hibs net.

Keith Murphy
Just check facts before stating ;-) more Hibs minded over here the better!
Stick around

Honestly mate think about it teams in Ireland dont have millionaire owners and dont get anywhere near the attendances that teams in the SPL get so how in gods name could a team in Ireland have a bigger budget

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Honestly mate think about it teams in Ireland dont have millionaire owners and dont get anywhere near the attendances that teams in the SPL get so how in gods name could a team in Ireland have a bigger budget

I was more about your Europa thing..and yeah budgets in Loi are smaller but in comparison to the competition he faced his was larger until his final year.....and in terms of spl Hibs spend well but within their means, I still think pf could find a couple of gems even though our budget isn't the largest in the league...pa for example

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 08:57 PM
I was more about your Europa thing..and yeah budgets in Loi are smaller but in comparison to the competition he faced his was larger until his final year...

What about the europa thing and I guess what im trying to say is that PF will do well at ur club with little or no money

Dalianwanda
16-02-2012, 09:03 PM
What about the europa thing and I guess what im trying to say is that PF will do well at ur club with little or no money

You said no scots teams have qualified for the group stages..they have and for champions league and if we go far enough back Won a couple of European trophies..but I don't want to talk about any of them though..but in pf yes I think he could do well with our budget

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 09:05 PM
You said no scots teams have qualified for the group stages..they have and for champions league and if we go far enough back Won a couple of European trophies..but I don't want to talk about any of them though..but in pf yes I think he could do well with our budget

Ok point taken and I did say correct me if im wrong about the europa league qualification forget the champions league cos thats always celtic and rangers

Golden Bear
16-02-2012, 09:15 PM
I think that we're all impressed with the work that Paddy Fenlon has done so far. For the first time in a while I genuinely believe that better times are just around the corner. Stick around Keith and watch the progress!

Keith Murphy
16-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I think that we're all impressed with the work that Paddy Fenlon has done so far. For the first time in a while I genuinely believe that better times are just around the corner. Stick around Keith and watch the progress!

Will do mate and the good times will come with PF

silverhibee
16-02-2012, 09:30 PM

Did Aberdeen not make the group stage's. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 09:41 PM

My erse, he says a few nice things then goes on telling a few porkies, and gets other FACTS :faf: completely wrong. I pull him up on it and he then goes on the attack.:confused:

You going to motherwell pal? :wink:

LancsHibs
16-02-2012, 10:07 PM
My erse, he says a few nice things then goes on telling a few porkies, and gets other FACTS :faf: completely wrong. I pull him up on it and he then goes on the attack.:confused:

You going to motherwell pal? :wink:

Certainly am:agree: you needing a lift?

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Certainly am:agree: you needing a lift?

No, who are you going up with?

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Billy and me are getting the train to glasgow central, Duanes working in glasgow and picking us up then taking us through to motherwell, then bringing us back to lancashire. :greengrin might be an idea for you to do the same and jump in too, £12 single to glasgow. :thumbsup:

hibeemarley
16-02-2012, 10:29 PM
haa Classic hibs.net

Blackpool hibs wants your square go Keith

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 10:30 PM
haa Classic hibs.net

Blackpool hibs wants your square go Keith

How do you manage to get to that conclusion? :faf:

Iggy Pope
16-02-2012, 11:34 PM

Spot on. he must be, eh, let's see.......a WIND UP MERCHANT. like I was last week. Folks on here do not know if it is Friday or Falkirk.
Keith. Nice words (albeit erratic) about Paddy. Hope you came in peace.

The Green Goblin
16-02-2012, 11:37 PM

This. Totally. Apologies to the admin who posted about being judge and jury. (It's just my opinion.)

Sorry...but...

Lucius Apuleius
17-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Spot on. he must be, eh, let's see.......a WIND UP MERCHANT. like I was last week. Folks on here do not know if it is Friday or Falkirk.

That some sort of password? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2012, 01:46 PM

Not erratic imo, just wrong. Thats what i thought in the beginning, thats why i questioned him about his initial statement. He may have came in peace, but quickly got very angry when i pointed out a few discrepancies in his original quote.

We all want Fenlon to do well, and i think we are all behind him. Re writing his past history was all i was querying? :wink:

Scouse Hibee
17-02-2012, 02:46 PM
I knew it!

HNA12
17-02-2012, 03:23 PM
If any action needs to be taken against posters on here then Admin are pretty good at doing it. Contrary to popular belief we will not ban anybody without good reason and positive proof that they are at the wind up. Please don't engage in witch hunts against new posters, we were all new on here at one time and several long standing members looked pretty suspicious in their early days. (And I include myself in that.:greengrin)
Thread closed.