PDA

View Full Version : NHC Rangers v HMRC

Irish_Steve
16-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Does anyone actually know when the verdict in the above will be reached. For quite a while we have been told a result is imminent but not when - does it try into the end of the financial year ie 31st March??

Jim44
16-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Does anyone actually know when the verdict in the above will be reached. For quite a while we have been told a result is imminent but not when - does it try into the end of the financial year ie 31st March??

I don't know the answer but is it not academic now? Rangers can't pay, won't pay and a solution which can only benefit Rangers and, oh the rest of us according to Salmond, will be reached. Rangers are dead, long live Rangers.

itchy07
16-02-2012, 05:52 PM
What they mean by imminent is that when they've reached a decision based on the evidence they'll make an announcement. Could be anytime, some complicated cases can take a year but it's not expected to take as long with this case

banchoryhibs
16-02-2012, 07:28 PM
The announcement is expected next month but it all depends on the Tribunal Chairman. All of the evidence has to be considered in great detail then a written judgement is given on how the law treats the arguments.

If HMRC have produced hard evidence to demonstrate that Rangers indeed made contractual payments via the offshore trusts then I'd expect a decision sooner rather than later. As we don't know what evidence was lead by either side it's simply impossible to know how long the deliberations will take.

Sadly I think that Whyte's predetermined game plan will have taken all of this into account and I'm worried that he will walk away with a large wedge in his back pocket and the boys in blue will exit administration intact and without the large debt to HMRC.

If this happens why should anybody pay tax?:grr::grr::grr:

Irish_Steve
16-02-2012, 08:06 PM
The announcement is expected next month but it all depends on the Tribunal Chairman. All of the evidence has to be considered in great detail then a written judgement is given on how the law treats the arguments.

If HMRC have produced hard evidence to demonstrate that Rangers indeed made contractual payments via the offshore trusts then I'd expect a decision sooner rather than later. As we don't know what evidence was lead by either side it's simply impossible to know how long the deliberations will take.

Sadly I think that Whyte's predetermined game plan will have taken all of this into account and I'm worried that he will walk away with a large wedge in his back pocket and the boys in blue will exit administration intact and without the large debt to HMRC.

If this happens why should anybody pay tax?:grr::grr::grr:

I agree, whilst we are all having a good giggle just now, I think rangers will be having the last laugh - they will come out of administration, debts written off and free to continue where they left off