PDA

View Full Version : Race meeting at Ayr 10th March

mim
16-02-2012, 10:12 AM
With a national hunt fixture starting at 2.10pm (gates open 12:10), traffic is going to be very heavy and those planning the trip by road should allow a good bit more time. See here. http://www.ayr-racecourse.co.uk/the-races/fixtures/irish-raceday

You can comfortably catch the first two races, pop over the road to Somerset Park, then back for the last two races. :greengrin

Mikey
16-02-2012, 10:14 AM
I sense a man with a plan :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
16-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Damn, would have been good if it was a night meeting!!

mim
16-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Damn, would have been good if it was a night meeting!!

..apart from not being able to see a bloody thing. :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
16-02-2012, 10:26 AM
..apart from not being able to see a bloody thing. :greengrin

Why? They have lighting at Ayr do they not? Or am I thinking Hamilton:confused:

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
16-02-2012, 10:34 AM
With a national hunt fixture starting at 2.10pm (gates open 12:10), traffic is going to be very heavy and those planning the trip by road should allow a good bit more time. See here. http://www.ayr-racecourse.co.uk/the-races/fixtures/irish-raceday

You can comfortably catch the first two races, pop over the road to Somerset Park, then back for the last two races. :greengrin

I wonder if this will have an impact on when the game will be played?
Ayr Utd might not want to clash with the race meeting

Date of the game not yet confirmed on SFA Website

lucky
16-02-2012, 10:39 AM
I'll be suprised if they game is not moved. Car parking is limited. Think our game will be moved.

Kojock
16-02-2012, 10:54 AM
I'll be suprised if they game is not moved. Car parking is limited. Think our game will be moved.

I would agree. The Police wont want two such events taking place at the same time, there is no way they will cancel the races. The game cannot be moved to the Sunday as it would clash with the two live televised cupties. Could be looking at a Friday or Monday night KO.

Part/Time Supporter
16-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Ayr's league game against Dundee (originally scheduled for Sat 10 March) has been moved to Tue 13 March due to the cup game.