PDA

View Full Version : NHC Lee Clark sacked

Pretty Boy
15-02-2012, 01:39 PM
As it says on the tin. Sacked by Huddersfield. 4 points of the automatic promotion places and linked with the Wolves job only a couple of days ago

Between this and Grayson at Leeds they must be putting something in the water down yorkshire way!

frazeHFC
15-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Seems strange, having gone 44 unbeaten and now only 3 defeats in 30. Odd one!

Stevie Reid
15-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Unbelievable decision, he must surely have a case for unfair dismissal.

johnrebus
15-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Seems strange, having gone 44 unbeaten and now only 3 defeats in 30. Odd one!

Huddersfield have been bankrolled by their chairman and spending pretty big for League One for a couple of years now, but falling further and further away from automatic promotion spot.

Not that much of a surprise IMHO

:cool2:

SteveHFC
15-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Clark for the Wolves or Leeds job?

jgl07
15-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Huddersfield have been bankrolled by their chairman and spending pretty big for League One for a couple of years now, but falling further and further away from automatic promotion spot.

Not that much of a surprise IMHO

There are some rather big clubs in League One at the moment including Charlton Athletic, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United.

All have Premier league infrastructure and support levels. Huddersfield have neither.

johnrebus
15-02-2012, 01:55 PM
There are some rather big clubs in League One at the moment including Charlton Athletic, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United.

All have Premier league infrastructure and support levels. Huddersfield have neither.

Yup.

The other thing they have in common is that they are all skint.........,

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-02-2012, 02:16 PM
If Huddersfield were in the Prem they would be equally as big, if not bigger than the likes of Bolton, Wigan etc.

HibeeMG
15-02-2012, 02:35 PM
If Huddersfield were in the Prem they would be equally as big, if not bigger than the likes of Bolton, Wigan etc.

Having lived and worked in all three places mentioned, I've got to disagree there.

Both Bolton and Wigan, as well as being big towns, have the advantage in garnering fans from the multitude of small surrounding towns, villages and districts. Huddersfield doesn't really have that advantage.

SMAXXA
15-02-2012, 02:52 PM
For me this is everything that is wrong with moden football these days, hes a young manager who has done fantasticaly well with them and they are still in a great position at this stage of the season. What happened to backing your manager and showing him support if you feel they need something else to get them over that finishing line.

Next Leeds manager I have no doubt.

DC_Hibs
15-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Having lived and worked in all three places mentioned, I've got to disagree there.

Both Bolton and Wigan, as well as being big towns, have the advantage in garnering fans from the multitude of small surrounding towns, villages and districts. Huddersfield doesn't really have that advantage.

Wigan have an average of only 3-4k more fans than Huddersfield currently despte being two leagues higher and with the benefit of big travelling supports so I'd suggest that HutchyBoys comment stands that they would indeed be equally as big if not bigger in respect of attendances.

I'd wager that Huddersfields crowds are a good bit higher than Wigans when Wigan were in the championship never mind the third tier not so long back.

The population of Huddersfield is nearly double that of Wigan so even with surrounding areas its no surprise that they would get bigger crowds on a like for like basis.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Indeed.
I see Charlton, Sheff Wed and Huddersfield were all playing at home last night in games of a similar stature, neither Charlton or Sheff Wed had the highest crowd. ;-)

LancashireHibby
15-02-2012, 03:32 PM

And as a Bolton fan who works in Wigan with family in Huddersfield/mates who are Town fans, I'll chuck in my few penneth :wink:

Huddersfield have got a huge catchment area and would undoubtedly be bigger than Wigan, but I think they'd largely be on a par with Bolton, just as Hull were when they were in the Premier League.

Don't forget that Huddersfield were in administration not too long ago but they're working hard at the infrastructure and have already shown they have the support ready to back them with a chance of sucess.

Very surprised at Clark's sacking though and can only assume there's more to it that meets the eye - maybe a case of him declaring his interest in the Wolves/Leeds jobs to the HTFC board and they've slung him out on his ear?

Zander
15-02-2012, 03:51 PM
strange how others see someone else's manager in a different light

Most people look at the long unbeaten run and lying 4th and think he's done a good job

Had a look at a Huddersfield site called Down At The Mac and it's all good riddance, thank ******, no tactics, crap football

Pretty Boy
15-02-2012, 04:19 PM

Most people look at the long unbeaten run and lying 4th and think he's done a good job

Had a look at a Huddersfield site called Down At The Mac and it's all good riddance, thank ******, no tactics, crap football

A lot of that does seem to stem from some nostalgic yearning for Neil Warnock.

A bit like the numerous posters calling for Collins on here when the annual Hibs manager search comes around.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Isn't Jean-Luc Picard not president of Huddersfield Town? I wonder what he said when the Chairman told them that he was thinking of giving Clark the sack.:dunno:

tamig
15-02-2012, 04:29 PM

In what way do they not have the infrastructure? The stadium is certainly top notch.

Edinburgh Green
15-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Isn't Jean-Luc Picard not president of Huddersfield Town? I wonder what he said when the Chairman told them that he was thinking of giving Clark the sack.:dunno:

Make it so..:wink:

Andy74
15-02-2012, 06:02 PM

Wasn't so long ago we were in 3rd and many people wanted the manager sacked for not beating the likes of St Johnstone more convincingly than 3-0. :wink:

Broken Gnome
15-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Wasn't so long ago we were in 3rd and many people wanted the manager sacked for not beating the likes of St Johnstone more convincingly than 3-0. :wink:

I blame the internet. Ruined football.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-02-2012, 08:15 PM

FFS! Winking smiley or not, just let it go, please!

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2012, 08:38 PM
FFS! Winking smiley or not, just let it go, please!

Dont listen to him Andy you keep going, call it a mission. :wink:

Silversand
15-02-2012, 08:44 PM

HH81
16-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Spoke to my mate last night at 5 aside.

He thinks there is more too this than meets the eye. His thoughts are he feels Clark may have said he would be interested in the Leeds job which is a big no no in Huddersfield.

Lets be fair to Clark he is going to make them a lot of money when they sell Rhodes in the summer. :agree:

HuddsHibs
16-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Spoke to my mate last night at 5 aside.

He thinks there is more too this than meets the eye. His thoughts are he feels Clark may have said he would be interested in the Leeds job which is a big no no in Huddersfield.

Lets be fair to Clark he is going to make them a lot of money when they sell Rhodes in the summer. :agree:

Aye, most people here think something funny is going on, talk of Clark engineering it to suit himself, that kind of thing. But then why would he come out with the quotes he has done, surely he'd just keep his mouth shut. Anyway, like others have pointed out, he's not universally loved, many feel that with the money he's had he should have done better.

It wouldn't be a cheap sacking - he's got a big backroom of ex-Newcastle boys including Terry McDermott who have all been bombed too.

cabbageandribs1875
18-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Neil warnock new leeds manager :aok: