PDA

View Full Version : 10 points deduction

ggth
15-02-2012, 12:17 PM
10 point deduction is not enough for blatant cheating and fraud!
the huns have used the tax players money to fund players wages,
it should be automatic relegation,

GGTH

Manxhibs
15-02-2012, 12:22 PM
10 point deduction is not enough for blatant cheating and fraud!
the huns have used the tax players money to fund players wages,
it should be automatic relegation,

GGTH
Although I completely agree with you, the unfortunate thing is that our footballing governing body has no back bone and would rather bend of backwards to ensure rangers are ok.

Steve20
15-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Although I completely agree with you, the unfortunate thing is that our footballing governing body has no back bone and would rather bend of backwards to ensure rangers are ok.

To be fair, the 10 point deduction hasn't just came into play for Rangers. It was well known for a long time that would be the punishment for any team.

soupy
15-02-2012, 01:17 PM
The way I see it even tho it was put in place years ago.

A ten point deduction could possibly help relegate or put them in a dogfight teams outside the old firm, but would never hinder the bigot brothers.

Maybe that's why it was put in place to safe guard 1st and 2nd place.

Paranoid???

mutley
15-02-2012, 01:24 PM
10 points deducted....PFFFFFT, what exactly does that do. They are now 14 points behind Celtic.Now what are the chances (I know, extremely remote, but not impossible) that Celtic have an absolute nightmare and start loosing, drawing games and the Huns win the rest of thier games?Anyone done the maths on games left and point remaining?Utter joke.............unles they go into liquidation. NOW that would be funny

Judas Iscariot
15-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Should be automatic relegation or 25 point deduction from whatever bottom team is on...

lucky
15-02-2012, 01:57 PM
When the rules were agreed it was never envisaged that one of the old firm would ever be in this position. But 10 points does seem a small punishment but FFS sake if they were given a 40 point deduction they would still be above us and the pars. FIFA need to look at the rules across the whole game as its a form of cheating. They are attempting to bump the tax at a time when the country needs all the money it can get.

HibbyAndy
15-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Liquidation is a must, Make an example of this horrible horrible vile bigoted disgrace of a football club.

KWJ
15-02-2012, 02:10 PM
The way I see it even tho it was put in place years ago.

A ten point deduction could possibly help relegate or put them in a dogfight teams outside the old firm, but would never hinder the bigot brothers.

Maybe that's why it was put in place to safe guard 1st and 2nd place.

Paranoid???

If it was made say 30 points or whatever then it'd mean definite relegation to another team and would still keep Rangers safe. I've no issue with the points deduction and it kicks all Rangers fans that still thought they had a chance to win the league into touch.

It's fair, changing the rules because it's them makes us no better. Hopefully they get the same treatment that Dundee got should it happen again. And in scenarios like the Cousin transfer.

Also if they are still in admin next season it's another 10 point penalty for what would surely be an even more depleted Rangers team.

ggth
15-02-2012, 02:28 PM
ok Scottish teams have previously went into administration, those teams budgets were operating on a shoestring, and did not owe
not any where near the reported 50 - 75 MILLION, that rangers owe, at the time 10 points seemed fair enough.
but I hope they do go under, as it is not fair on the other teams who have budgeted and struggled to pay there way
on a fraction of rangers expenditure.

I wonder if the other manky lot (celtic) will say anything, put it this way, if you were them would you be happy paying your way, and them getting off with it scot-free
how many titles or cups, would rangers not have won, if they had paid there bills?

so if they are not dissolved, they should be relegated, cheating gits

ggth

HibbyAndy
15-02-2012, 02:31 PM
ok Scottish teams have previously went into administration, those teams budgets were operating on a shoestring, and did not owe
not any where near the reported 50 - 75 MILLION, that rangers owe, at the time 10 points seemed fair enough.
but I hope they do go under, as it is not fair on the other teams who have budgeted and struggled to pay there way
on a fraction of rangers expenditure.

I wonder if the other manky lot (celtic) will say anything, put it this way, if you were them would you be happy paying your way, and them getting off with it scot-free
how many titles or cups, would rangers not have won, if they had paid their bills?

so if they are not dissolved, they should be relegated, cheating gits

ggth

100% concur.

Rangers have been cheating scottish football for years and years, Strip their medals of them.

HibeeBigFly
15-02-2012, 09:46 PM
100% concur.

Rangers have been cheating scottish football for years and years, Strip their medals of them.

Medals need to stripped, the points deduction should be in proportion to the debt owed. 10 million for 10 points seems fair. So when hmrc win the 75 million case that should see them on minus 26 points. Even the members of the lodge and having grandpa weir back to ref all the games they would still go down.

Steven_Hibs
15-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Liquidation is a must, Make an example of this horrible horrible vile bigoted disgrace of a football club.

:top marks

davemcbain
16-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Have to say a 10 point deduction doesn't mean much to me - still leaves them exactly where they were in the league - and that tell as story in itself. Football clubs have gone bust before and come out of it OK (Motherwell) - and I don't see Rangers being much different. I do find the manner in which they went bust deplorable. If - as expected - the taxman wins their case, there are a few questions I'd like to see answered.

If they are proven to have cheated by not paying full dues and therefore being able to spend more on players than honest clubs could afford, should they be stripped of any league titles or trophies won whilst proven to be cheating? (minor point, as not much can be done retrospectively, but it would hurt the pride).

If they have cheated the taxman - should individuals face jail sentences?

If they have cheated the taxman - are individual players also culpable? and if so, will they be pursued also?

Given the recent case with the ex RBS chairman, will the ex Rangers chairman also find his knighthood under threat?

All I'm reading about is either poor old Rangers (the press) or **** them (the messageboards) - I don't care too much either way if they survive, I do care about how many public sector jobs have been lost in the last couple of years (schools, hospitals....pick your own heart string to tug) and how many of those would have been saved if cheating on this scale did not happen.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Might mean no relegation from the SPL this season if they are liquidated

big-mo
16-02-2012, 08:19 AM
There was talk earlier in the season when they were 14 points clear of the other lot, had they gone a couple of more points clear they were then going to apply for administration at that point, they thought that they would have still been strong enough to still win the league.

Maybe in hindsight they should have done that, as their tax bill would not have been as high and they would of had more time to get themselves sorted out prior to the Euro' registration date of the end of March. Just glad they didn't.

However I agree with Pat Nevin who was on the radio yesterday and was talking about his time at Motherwell when they went into administration, to paraphrase, he said that a miserly 10 points were not a real deterrent and that relegation would be a more realistic penalty.

Why is it that the SPL only deduct 10pts while SFL apply a more stringent punishment?