PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still want to change our Board?

Ferryhibby
14-02-2012, 06:35 PM
I know weve not got the greatest board of a football club, but, given the goings on over in hunville i for one will never slag off our board, theyv kept us afloat and on a level footing for years and will continue to, theyr current backing of PF and his players shows that the previous managers couldnt spot a player if if they kicked them square in the nuts. GGTTH Forever

leithsansiro
14-02-2012, 06:39 PM
In Rod we trust.
That is all

erskine-hibby
14-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Sorry!
Can't see the relevance.

Beefster
14-02-2012, 06:42 PM
For every club that has changed hands and gone tits up, there are numerous that have done just fine.

Bad things happening shouldn't be used as excuse to avoid doing something or none of us would drive cars, have mortgages, get married etc etc.

Spike Mandela
14-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I know weve not got the greatest board of a football club, but, given the goings on over in hunville i for one will never slag off our board, theyv kept us afloat and on a level footing for years and will continue to, theyr current backing of PF and his players shows that the previous managers couldnt spot a player if if they kicked them square in the nuts. GGTTH Forever

......and if we get relegated?:confused:

Albion Hibs
14-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I would agree with the OP. Many seem to believe there is some magical middle ground whereby we can uncover all this great gems, produce youngsters like there is no tomorrow to have a great team without the debt and issues that Rangers and Hearts are going through.....and lets be honest it would be no shock if Dunfermline went to the wall with the likes of Killie etc adding debt every year. I think they are kidding themselves. IMO we are the middle ground, living within our means, perhaps some poor choice in payers but ultimately spending only what we can afford. Celtic are one extreme but they win things and have a big, loyal fan base. Hearts and Rangers are prehaps the other extreme and lets be honest it is all coming home to roost.

Our board take far too much abuse, this has confirmed that for me. I dont ever want to be standing outside the front doors of Easter Road, wondering how, if and when they will be opening again.

I hope the teams that live like rangers get what they deserve. Fingers crossed it is a lesson for them all.

Ozyhibby
14-02-2012, 06:52 PM
If they vote to readmit a new Hun FC to the SPL then I'll want them hung drawn and quartered.

Ferryhibby
14-02-2012, 07:43 PM
......and if we get relegated?:confused:

yeah if we do go down, i dont think we will, but if we do at least we will still have a team to go and see and support and will be sustained within our means, we would return, i said years ago when Ian Murray left that he did it for the money huns were offering so what was the point in us stretching our wage bill to unsustainable proportions to keep players for a couple of seasons and then possibly ending up like the huns today.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2012, 07:44 PM
I would agree with the OP. Many seem to believe there is some magical middle ground whereby we can uncover all this great gems, produce youngsters like there is no tomorrow to have a great team without the debt and issues that Rangers and Hearts are going through.....and lets be honest it would be no shock if Dunfermline went to the wall with the likes of Killie etc adding debt every year. I think they are kidding themselves. IMO we are the middle ground, living within our means, perhaps some poor choice in payers but ultimately spending only what we can afford. Celtic are one extreme but they win things and have a big, loyal fan base. Hearts and Rangers are prehaps the other extreme and lets be honest it is all coming home to roost.

Our board take far too much abuse, this has confirmed that for me. I dont ever want to be standing outside the front doors of Easter Road, wondering how, if and when they will be opening again.

I hope the teams that live like rangers get what they deserve. Fingers crossed it is a lesson for them all.

Something I don't say often but i agree with you AH.

Spike Mandela
14-02-2012, 07:45 PM
yeah if we do go down, i dont think we will, but if we do at least we will still have a team to go and see and support and will be sustained within our means, we would return, i said years ago when Ian Murray left that he did it for the money huns were offering so what was the point in us stretching our wage bill to unsustainable proportions to keep players for a couple of seasons and then possibly ending up like the huns today.

Is it not fair to say that if we get relegated the board have been a failure:confused:

Albion Hibs
14-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Something I don't say often but i agree with you AH.

Dont worry I am equally as concerned.....I will read back over it and make sure I actually typed it right!!:greengrin

Ferryhibby
14-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Possibly mate in the calderwood debacle but to me theyv done a lot more for our club in years gone by to rectify that and also since with the backing of funds needed by PF for the current playing staff, to be fair theyv always provided funds for whatever manager has come in to build their own team, its just been down to the poor playing staff, especially this year, that have let us down, i know theyr only loan deals but they still had to come here and want to play for a team in relegation fight.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Expected all the "sack the board" posters to appear and shout this thread down.............................where are they all?????? :confused:

Albion Hibs
14-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Expected all the "sack the board" posters to appear and shout this thread down.............................where are they all?????? :confused:

Waking up and realising that the grass is not always greener on the other side!

Ray_
14-02-2012, 09:26 PM

I know weve not got the greatest board of a football club, but, given the goings on over in hunville i for one will never slag off our board, theyv kept us afloat and on a level footing for years and will continue to

We have had a team to support for the best part of 140 years & we never have been or will be in the situation that is going over at Hunsville, i.e. over spending tens of millions in wages and transfers & in the process bringing in numerous titles, cups & European adventures & then possibly going to the wall.

As for how well we are doing, four years of poor managers, compensation payments, while paying good cash on hopeless signings, brought in by those poor managers & the garbage that was passed as entertainment has brought the revenue down to the extent that we lost 900K last season & will lose far more this season, which is totally unsustainable for our club, as our debt was already far from being at zero.

We have hope in the fact that the board have finally found a manager to move us forward, but please don't ask me to thank a board that got us £18M in debt, recouped most of it by player & land sales & from a position of strength, they nearly put us in a position where high debt and relegation could well have been a real possibility [and although now looking much better, we are not out of the mire yet!].

IWasThere2016
14-02-2012, 09:58 PM
We have had a team to support for the best part of 140 years & we never have been or will be in the situation that is going over at Hunsville, i.e. over spending tens of millions in wages and transfers & in the process bringing in numerous titles, cups & European adventures & then possibly going to the wall.

As for how well we are doing, four years of poor managers, compensation payments, while paying good cash on hopeless signings, brought in by those poor managers & the garbage that was passed as entertainment has brought the revenue down to the extent that we lost 900K last season & will lose far more this season, which is totally unsustainable for our club, as our debt was already far from being at zero.

We have hope in the fact that the board have finally found a manager to move us forward, but please don't ask me to thank a board that got us £18M in debt, recouped most of it by player & land sales & from a position of strength, they nearly put us in a position where high debt and relegation could well have been a real possibility [and although now looking much better, we are not out of the mire yet!].

My sentiments exactly. Others' failings are irrelevant to our shortcomings IMHO.

Captain Trips
14-02-2012, 10:10 PM
My sentiments exactly. Others' failings are irrelevant to our shortcomings IMHO.

This, IMO the board are no better than before Rangers shortcomings.

Saorsa
14-02-2012, 10:13 PM

We have hope in the fact that the board have finally found a manager to move us forward, but please don't ask me to thank a board that got us £18M in debt, recouped most of it by player & land sales & from a position of strength, they nearly put us in a position where high debt and relegation could well have been a real possibility [and although now looking much better, we are not out of the mire yet!].:agree:

My sentiments exactly. Others' failings are irrelevant to our shortcomings IMHO.:agree:

Don Giovanni
15-02-2012, 06:28 AM
I think some people confuse ownership with stewardship.

I am perfectly comfortable with Sir Tom Farmer owning (the vast majority of) the club. I believe the club should operate independently and still be able to develop and prosper.

However, the stewardship of the club over the last few years leaves a lot to be desired...

Ray_
15-02-2012, 08:13 AM
I think some people confuse ownership with stewardship.

I am perfectly comfortable with Sir Tom Farmer owning (the vast majority of) the club. I believe the club should operate independently and still be able to develop and prosper.

However, the stewardship of the club over the last few years leaves a lot to be desired...

:top marks

marinello59
15-02-2012, 08:16 AM
For every club that has changed hands and gone tits up, there are numerous that have done just fine.

Bad things happening shouldn't be used as excuse to avoid doing something or none of us would drive cars, have mortgages, get married etc etc.

That's me convinced then. No change! :greengrin

JohnScott
15-02-2012, 07:59 PM

We're still here laughing at you lot!! Wait till the summer when we get rid of our loan players (what's that, you expect them to stay ?! lmao) then lets see how far theyre prepared to back Pat with proper signings. If they do that, then yes I'll praise our board. Not yet though!

One more thing: No more Rangers, Hearts, Killie........... what would be the point then? Think before you laugh your heads off.

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2012, 08:07 PM
We're still here laughing at you lot!! Wait till the summer when we get rid of our loan players (what's that, you expect them to stay ?! lmao) then lets see how far theyre prepared to back Pat with proper signings. If they do that, then yes I'll praise our board. Not yet though!

One more thing: No more Rangers, Hearts, Killie........... what would be the point then? Think before you laugh your heads off.

"Laughing at you lot" I merely asked where you were I never gave any opinion on the board did I? On another point if you think I haven't realised that PF has put together a team of mainly loan signings to help with our current situation rather than look long term then you are the one who deserves to be laughed at!!!