PDA

View Full Version : Rangers, My Part in Their Downfall...

Springbank
14-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Inspired by Spike Milligan's Autobiography "Hitler, My Part in His Downfall".

What's your story? So far I have collected the following contributions…

"Rangers, My Part in Their Downfall"

ROD PETRIE - £2m quid for a right back who can't tackle :rotflmao: thank you sir David :-) BANKED!

ROD PETRIE - again - £2m quid for a midfielder with a glass ankle :asshole: woohoo BANKED!

Mikey
14-02-2012, 06:29 PM
I've given Rangers upwards of 30 quid to watch them being gubbed 0-3 by the Hibees on numerous occasions.

It was worth so much more though :greengrin

NOT banked :aok:

beensaidbefore
14-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Did we not get circa 1.5M for Ian Murray?

Beefster
14-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Did we not get circa 1.5M for Ian Murray?

Nope, he was a Bosman for them.

random sub
14-02-2012, 06:39 PM

ROD PETRIE - £2m quid for a right back who can't tackle :rotflmao: thank you sir David :-) BANKED!

ROD PETRIE - again - £2m quid for a midfielder with a glass ankle :asshole: woohoo BANKED!

Think your missing the point on that one.

These were good players for Hibs who would walk into our first team today. However Rangers bought them with money they never had and they will never repay the debt to the taxman. They cheated to take our best players.

Seveno
14-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Think your missing the point on that one.

These were good players for Hibs who would walk into our first team today. However Rangers bought them with money they never had and they will never repay the debt to the taxman. They cheated to take our best players.

I think the point the OP is making is that we got the cash and it helped put us in the financially sound position that we are in today.

Take a chill pill mate.

lapsedhibee
14-02-2012, 06:56 PM
I think the point the OP is making is that we got the cash and it helped put us in the financially sound position that we are in today.

Take a chill pill mate.

On your model, the new East was bought with money which really belongs to the taxpayer, much like RBS is now mostly owned by the taxpayer.

Take the tache's knighthood off him! :grr: :panic:

Viva_Palmeiras
14-02-2012, 07:40 PM
After about 2 years in to the Murray Souness partnership i saw them get out a car in Randolph place and head to what used to be/ still is an Italian upmarket eatery.

I let them past without incident and so History was set on it's course. No Princip-esque lobbing of grenade.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-02-2012, 07:43 PM
After about 2 years in to the Murray Souness partnership i saw them get out a car in Randolph place and head to what used to be/ still is an Italian upmarket eatery.

I let them past without incident and so History was set on it's course. No Princip-esque lobbing of grenade.

Bob your gonna have to help me with the name of the establishment. Something-illos seems to ring a bell

Makaveli
14-02-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm Tore Andre Flo.

Cocaine&Caviar
14-02-2012, 07:52 PM
They did make their money back on Thomson though.

greenginger
14-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Bob your gonna have to help me with the name of the establishment. Something-illos seems to ring a bell

There was a Raffielles or something in Randolf Place in the 80's, still there but a different name.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-02-2012, 08:04 PM
The money we got for Rodger and Katie was really just money we were due for the shortfall on Andy Goram.

Stenny
14-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm Tore Andre Flo.

:tee hee:

snooky
14-02-2012, 08:17 PM
The money we got for Rodger and Katie was really just money we were due for the shortfall on Andy Goram.

Which one?

:wink:

Pretty Boy
14-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Craig Whytes barber must have been ripping him off.for a while if the evidence on top of his head is anything to go by.

Holmesdale Hibs
14-02-2012, 08:39 PM

Bit harsh IMO.

Whittaker has been a good signing for them and was always a good player for us. I wonder how the people who said 'he can't tackle and we need a proper right back' would compare him with every right back we've had since.

As for Thompson, had he not been injured he would be the best midfielder in the current Huns squad.

Still, it's sweet to think that we've benefited from some of their overspending and, unlike our neighbours, we have a chairman who was shroud enough to make sure we got all our money.

Bishop Hibee
14-02-2012, 08:45 PM

Whittaker was the best right back we've had since Brownlie.

TornadoHibby
14-02-2012, 09:51 PM

Rafaelis?

Not sure about the spelling but that was the one!

Opposite Harry's Bar which was another place they frequented then, especially Souness!

Viva_Palmeiras
14-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Rafaelis?

Not sure about the spelling but that was the one!

Opposite Harry's Bar which was another place they frequented then, especially Souness!

Thanks to you and GreenGinger. Indeed it was Rafaelli's at the exact location you mention.

I can sleep easy now ;) things like that have a tendancy to bug me...

snooky
14-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Whittaker was the best right back we've had since Brownlie.

IMO, Whittaker was, and still is, a liability in the position of RB.
Guid laddie though.

drifter533814
15-02-2012, 12:08 AM
We only got the 1m for Goram because he signed a years extra contract to be sure we got something for him.

Peevemor
15-02-2012, 12:33 AM
We only got the 1m for Goram because he signed a years extra contract to be sure we got something for him.

Goram had serious financial problems and signed a new deal when Hibs baled (bailed?) him out. This was well before Bosman so even if he was out of contract, hibs would have been entitled to a transfer fee before he could play elsewhere.

Pete
15-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Three years, a hefty wage and zero appearances. I give you Daniel Prodan.

FRes Hibbie
15-02-2012, 12:49 AM
I used to be signed up to an agency that provided hospitality staff for Rangers to work in the varies bars and lounges on match days at Ibrox a couple years ago while I was living in Glasgow.

The last time I ever "worked" there I left my shift only ten minutes after I started because the greasy, slimeball, wee-man-syndrome-suffering, bawbag Rangers official [my boss] tore into me for wearing my own plain black shirt rather then their manky communal "Carling" ones (this had never been an issue in the previous two months). I went to the toilet to change shirt, then had a sudden change of heart and exited the stadium before travelling back to Forres to attend a pal's birthday party I didn't think I'd be able to make. My shift at Ibrox was supposed to last 8 hours.

3 days later I found out I'd been paid for the entire shift!

I was slightly offended they didn't notice I'd left but knowing I'd shafted the huns, in my own little way, more than made up for it. :greengrin

Stevie Reid
15-02-2012, 11:29 AM
IMO, Whittaker was, and still is, a liability in the position of RB.
Guid laddie though.

He is certainly not a liability, that's nonsense IMO.

He definitely struggles when up against a tricky winger, but then Maicon getting ripped apart by Gareth Bale at the San Siro shows that it really can happen to any full back (mind you, even Joe Hammill gave Whittaker a hard time!). Whittaker does have the good positional sense that full backs require and is decent in the air too, so he can play the position well.

His two footedness, ability to beat a man, and the fact that his attacking abilities are stronger than his defensive ones would seem to logically suggest that RM would be his best postion, but he always seems better at full back - possibly due to having more space in front of him.

nonshinyfinish
15-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Goram had serious financial problems and signed a new deal when Hibs baled (bailed?) him out. This was well before Bosman so even if he was out of contract, hibs would have been entitled to a transfer fee before he could play elsewhere.

Bailed. Unless, of course, Hibs rolled him up in a ball of hay. I don't know which it is, I was too young.