PDA

View Full Version : In bed with Rod

crewetollhibee
14-02-2012, 02:24 PM
After all that's happened (and still happening) re the Huns, does anyone else feel like tucking him in, and giving him a wee cuddle ?

frazeHFC
14-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Loads of people moan we don't spend enough on players, including me at times, but nobody can doubt he is one of the best chairman in the country.

(Desperate Dan will have a bash though i am sure :tee hee:)

BEEJ
14-02-2012, 02:37 PM
:Ummm:

For one horrible moment there I thought this was the title for the new hibs.net Q&A thread with the Hibs FC Directors!

jonty
14-02-2012, 02:38 PM
:Ummm:

For one horrible moment there I thought this was the title for the new hibs.net Q&A thread with the Hibs FC Directors!

1st prize in the next hibs.net competition :greengrin

BoltonHibee
14-02-2012, 02:39 PM
After all that's happened (and still happening) re the Huns, does anyone else feel like tucking him in, and giving him a wee cuddle ?

I had to read that a few times, on first glance I thought that said something else!

hibeemikey21
14-02-2012, 02:39 PM
If the old Rangers is asset-stripped by Whyte and the shell discarded, only for a phoenix company to emerge, totally debt-free and welcomed into the SPL (as I suspect will happen) it sets a very dangerous and saddening precedent.

I would suspect Rod will be thinking "f... it". What is the point in going to all these lengths to balance the books and establish a good infrastructure when there are other teams who spend way beyond their means, enjoy the successes when the going is good and abandon ship and wipe the slate clean when you realise how much debt you have racked up.

Hearts will be following Rangers' lead soon if it all works out.

Total joke.

Exiled Hibby
14-02-2012, 02:48 PM
If the old Rangers is asset-stripped by Whyte and the shell discarded, only for a phoenix company to emerge, totally debt-free and welcomed into the SPL (as I suspect will happen) it sets a very dangerous and saddening precedent.

I would suspect Rod will be thinking "f... it". What is the point in going to all these lengths to balance the books and establish a good infrastructure when there are other teams who spend way beyond their means, enjoy the successes when the going is good and abandon ship and wipe the slate clean when you realise how much debt you have racked up.

Total joke.

While I agree with your sentiments I think RP is savvy enough to have worked out in advance what would happen here.

jdships
14-02-2012, 02:58 PM

Total joke.

Think you should give " The Tache " some credit !!
Do you honestly believe that last week he suddenly thought about this ? .
All large football clubs in the UK/Europe , with a few exceptions , are " living on borrowed time "
Would imagine too that given the embarressment of the Rednapp affair HMCE will have the nest few cases sown up tighter than a ducks a.....e - and that's watertight

:rolleyes:

nonshinyfinish
14-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I'd **** Rod.

Future17
14-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I'd tickle his back until he fell asleep.

hibeemikey21
14-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Think you should give " The Tache " some credit !!
Do you honestly believe that last week he suddenly thought about this ? .
All large football clubs in the UK/Europe , with a few exceptions , are " living on borrowed time "
Would imagine too that given the embarressment of the Rednapp affair HMCE will have the nest few cases sown up tighter than a ducks a.....e - and that's watertight

:rolleyes:

Its got nothing to do with discrediting Petrie, you clearly misunderstood.

He has run Hibs as a business fantastically well, however, he cant compete with other teams who essentially "cheat". They buy and have bought success with money they dont have. That money in the Rangers scenario is £50 mil that will be written off from the public purse. £50 mil that could have gone towards better healthcare or education etc. But no, it went on Tore Andre Flo and the De Boer brothers etc.

The kicker is, there is nothing HMRC can do. Whyte is a secured creditor, they are not. He gets priority. Totally flawed system but my main gripe is the fact that the attitude will clearly be that "Scottish football can't survive without Rangers" and back they come into the SPL. They should be thrown out of the Scottish League altogether and made to earn the right to be here again. Its the only penalty that can realistically, adversely effect them now.

DC_Hibs
14-02-2012, 03:15 PM
I've defended Rod many times when he takes stick about penny pinching from the clowns who steadfastly ignore the recent £900k loss, 6-8 signings every transfer window he sanctions and the fact that we have 4th highest wage bill.

BUT....he also gets virtually all the credit about our low debt position and healthy finances when he was part of the board who overspent back in the day when our debt was also ridiculously high and furthermore, he/we got lucky that we had Brown, Thomson, Whittaker, Fletcher, Murphy to sell to reduce that debt.

Yes he struck good deals and he invested in the stadium and training ground rather than paying fees on players and subsequently increasing our wage to turnover ratio to unsustainable levels but lets not go too OTT.

I still respect you Rod but I wont be climbing into bed with you.

NeilOrrSquareBa
14-02-2012, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=hibeemikey21;3113775]
I would suspect Rod will be thinking "f... it". What is the point in going to all these lengths to balance the books and establish a good infrastructure when there are other teams who spend way beyond their means, enjoy the successes when the going is good and abandon ship and wipe the slate clean when you realise how much debt you have racked up.QUOTE]

You can bet your last Euro on the fact that if Hibs were to try the same thing they'd be given 10 minutes to pay the bills before the lights were switched off and doors were locked.
Establishment team establishment rules. A bit of shame and then back to normal service.
You're damn tootin' the Hertz will do the same and come up smelling of.......:cb

Ozyhibby
14-02-2012, 05:28 PM
If rangers come back debt free, in the SPL, playing at ibrox, training at Murray park with the same distribution of money from tv and no salary cap then Rod and the rest of Scottish football can gtf as far as I'm concerned. I won't be back.

Hibrandenburg
14-02-2012, 05:35 PM
If rangers come back debt free, in the SPL, playing at ibrox, training at Murray park with the same distribution of money from tv and no salary cap then Rod and the rest of Scottish football can gtf as far as I'm concerned. I won't be back.
This.

Eyrie
14-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Is there a significance to posting this on Valentine's Day? :offski:

MontrealHibs
14-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Not disagreeing at all but as a point of I would be fairly sure our current gate receipts coupled with our precarious league position has placed us in the high risk category with the bank.

hibeemikey21
14-02-2012, 08:51 PM

As much as it pains me to say it, if I was a betting man, I would wager that you won't be back in that case!