Hibs90
13-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Can't see it tbh but you never know.

DanHFC1875
13-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Where did you hear this?

frazeHFC
Just seen this on twitter, Richard Gordon and Allan Preston saying it. Interesting and a good move for Livi!

givescotlandfreedom
That would be some combo! Well dressed at least though.

hibee92
13-02-2012, 08:56 PM
v. good appointments for livi if true. wish the two of them all the best :agree:

down-the-slope
13-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Taking a punt on getting into SPL while new Huns & new Jumbos paddle around in lower divs :greengrin

Sean1875
13-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Can see that working in all honesty, good luck to them :agree:

At The Edge
13-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Hope they like Bankton Mains in Livi, back to the public parks for both of them! :wink:

northgreen24
13-02-2012, 09:17 PM
good apointment IMO and I have always thought that livi has good potential.

good luck to JH and JC

:flag:

Winston Ingram
13-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Superb. JC to supply a whole load of keek signings and Yogi to mould them in to a dream team......:cb

yekimevol
13-02-2012, 09:25 PM
UNLUCKY.

director of football is to bring players in collins spent nearly 700,000 on maka and obrien.

hughes as a manager was terrible at training players and basic tactics.

bigwheel
13-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Just seen this on twitter, Richard Gordon and Allan Preston saying it. Interesting and a good move for Livi!

Preston is related Yogi, so v reliable source...Good luck to them - bold appointments

Bishop Hibee
13-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Great news. Should keep the Livi cheats who bought the League Cup with money they didn't have in the first division or hopefully lower.

bigwheel
13-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Great news. Should keep the Livi cheats who bought the League Cup with money they didn't have in the first division or hopefully lower.

Or maybe we were just rubbish that day ????

sadtom
13-02-2012, 09:40 PM
The very best of fortune to them both. (not against us if it ever came to it, obviously)
JC & Yogi appeared to genuinely care about the club and always gave their all, on and off the park.
Any Hibs fan who want them to fail are a bit of a bell end, imho.

Bishop Hibee
13-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Or maybe we were just rubbish that day ????

I'm making the point that they 'cheated' by paying higher wages than they could afford and soon afterwards went into administration. Similar to the Huns and the Yams at the moment. Hopefully they'll both be punted to Div3 eventually too :thumbsup:

I also believe Yogi is hopeless and JC can't pick a signing so I don't think Livi have much to get excited about.

ScottB
13-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Oooft that will either work well or be a truly spectacular disaster...

The two of them in one press conference has the potential to last a fair while certainly :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
13-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Preston is related Yogi, so v reliable source...Good luck to them - bold appointments

Good to see Yogi trying his luck down south... of Linlithgae.

I think Livingston will need to have a clear idea of how responsibilities are split. These DOF / manager combos have generally not worked before and both Yogi and JC have obvious weak spots in their previous work.

TowerHibs
13-02-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm making the point that they 'cheated' by paying higher wages than they could afford and soon afterwards went into administration. Similar to the Huns and the Yams at the moment. Hopefully they'll both be punted to Div3 eventually too :thumbsup:

I also believe Yogi is hopeless and JC can't pick a signing so I don't think Livi have much to get excited about.

What players will JC be buying at Livi???zero

He will be there to develop the club from scratch, with his philosophy and his ideals.

Not a bad thing considering he is Scottish football's most cultured player in last 20 years. I would love to sit down and listen to him how he thinks young players should develop

3pm
13-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Poor Livvy!

Bishop Hibee
13-02-2012, 09:50 PM

He will be there to develop the club from scratch, with his philosophy and his ideals.

Not a bad thing considering he is Scottish football's most cultured player in last 20 years. I would love to sit down and listen to him how he thinks young players should develop

I said signing not buying. What are his "philosophy and ideals"? Give me Fenlon any time.

TowerHibs
13-02-2012, 09:56 PM
I said signing not buying. What are his "philosophy and ideals"? Give me Fenlon any time.

Hard work, skill, dedication, discipline (also agree that PF offers this)

Yeah give me PF over Collins as a manager - absolutely not disagreeing with u. Just think a guy who has played where he has, played with the players he has and seen how top top clubs in Europe are run - I think it's a pretty good move for Livi. He will be allowed to implement anything he wants there. We all said managers did not have that control at hibs!!!

Yogi on the other hand is not much of a gaffer. Expectations there are low, the guys will get time. I, for one, won't be surprised if they get relative success there

zlatan
13-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Ma Kalambay

Michael Hart
Joneleit
Dickoh
Gatheussi

McBride
Cregg
O'Brien
Morais

Duffy
Trakys

Subs - Noubissie, Curier, Kerr, Graeme Smith, de Graff and countless other forgettable guff merchants.

Good luck Livi. Those that claim these two were wrong to leave us are now seeing these guys really going places in there career to prove us wrong.

Pretty Boy
13-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Good luck to them both.

Both tried their best in the Hibs job and, for all their faults, left us with a cup and European football.

I have my doubts over how successful this will be but I hope it works put for them.

ScottB
13-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Given that Livi over the last several years have been arguably the best in Scotland at producing young players, I'd be wary about tearing up what they have and starting again...

Cocaine&Caviar
13-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Kevin McCann still without a club?

Mibbes Aye
13-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Good luck to them both.

Both tried their best in the Hibs job and, for all their faults, left us with a cup and European football.

I have my doubts over how successful this will be but I hope it works put for them.

:agree:

I'm not that old but in my lifetime there's been no shortage of Hibs managers, nearly a dozen and a half.

Collins gave us a trophy, 81:19, a hint of something magical that could have been, and an immaculate sense of style

Hughes got fourth and Europe and that's success if you bother to look at our record over the last few decades.

Agree with PB, reservations about how it might work out but I'll be hoping they succeed :agree:

Cropley10
13-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Best of luck to the two of them.

calder45a
13-02-2012, 11:12 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17022133

Bad Martini
13-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Collins in charge id have no problem with.

DOF I'm not sure about,

He'd be better in the managers seat with a decent DOF to help him find decent payers...

Iggy Pope
13-02-2012, 11:48 PM

I'm not that old but in my lifetime there's been no shortage of Hibs managers, nearly a dozen and a half.

Collins gave us a trophy, 81:19, a hint of something magical that could have been, and an immaculate sense of style

Hughes got fourth and Europe and that's success if you bother to look at our record over the last few decades.

Agree with PB, reservations about how it might work out but I'll be hoping they succeed :agree:

Agreed and you can go further back than that. Our wants are unlimited and so they should be, but Alex Miller gave us the same cup that did Eddie Turnbull did, albeit ET delivered it with much more style. They both gave us godawful signings in the vein of some of those mentioned in earlier posts. Joe Ward, Bobby Hutchison, Jim Brown, Duncan Lambie, Rikki Fleming, Mark Caughey, Joe McLaughlin, Ian Cameron, Mark McGraw anyone? Graeme or Greg Miller???? Couldnt provide an XI as they were both good at signing goalies.

I'd settle for Europe every year and a cup here and there.

Good luck to JC and Yogi as long as they don't get in our way. I was glad when they came to us as were most non-revisionist thinkers of the time!

Ultrabee1-0
14-02-2012, 12:30 AM
must admit am so jealous of this! they would be a ****ing team together at ER!:not worth

SteveHFC
14-02-2012, 12:40 AM
I wonder how much Livingston are paying for Collins.

Gatecrasher
14-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Both of them IMO have played at least some part in turning our club into the mess we are in today, Mae luck livi!

Beefster
14-02-2012, 06:06 AM
Ballsy move by Livingston but I can't help wondering if they can afford to appoint them and keep them happy. Livingston are up there with Dundee as the team that has previously failed to learn from difficulties. They had better hope that it doesn't happen again.

Aritch
14-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Ma Kalambay

Michael Hart
Joneleit
Dickoh
Gatheussi

McBride
Cregg
O'Brien
Morais

Duffy
Trakys

Subs - Noubissie, Curier, Kerr, Graeme Smith, de Graff and countless other forgettable guff merchants.

Good luck Livi. Those that claim these two were wrong to leave us are now seeing these guys really going places in there career to prove us wrong.

The vast majority of these I agree with but after a spell at Charleroi (under JC) big Johnny Leith got a move to Genk, who were in the champions league this year. According to wikipedia, he's made 55 appearances and scored 6 goals for them so far.

TowerHibs
14-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Ballsy move by Livingston but I can't help wondering if they can afford to appoint them and keep them happy. Livingston are up there with Dundee as the team that has previously failed to learn from difficulties. They had better hope that it doesn't happen again.
From 1st hand experience I know how shockingly run Livi were years ago (when they were in SPL). Think they are a much tighter ship now!

I'd say 80-90% of Livi are OF supporters so no doubt hoping to pick up a few stray Huns to come visit their 10,000 seater stadium

lucky
14-02-2012, 06:22 AM
This has disaster written all over it. JC has poor man management skills and struggled to get his philosophy over to his players. Yogi by all accounts a loud mouth bully. We have all seen at first hand his tactical knowledge. This WILL end in tears.

But today's press conference will be amusing hearing Yogi slaver again. How many digs at Hibs will they have?

Kaiser1962
14-02-2012, 06:26 AM

Pretty much my thoughts.

I also dont think either of them envisaged that their managerial careers would take them to Livingston. They must be fed up playing each other at golf.

bigwheel
14-02-2012, 06:59 AM
This has disaster written all over it. JC has poor man management skills and struggled to get his philosophy over to his players. Yogi by all accounts a loud mouth bully. We have all seen at first hand his tactical knowledge. This WILL end in tears.

But today's press conference will be amusing hearing Yogi slaver again. How many digs at Hibs will they have?

Wow...can't believe how negative some people are being....two good football men, back in football...sounds good to me - hope they do well...

The Sea-gull
14-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Both can talk a good game anyway but each has their own flaws.

They are good pals seemingly (though both seem very different people) so in theory should be able to work well together trouble could come though JC is DoF and JH manager both have significant egos and will see themselves as being very the no 1.

Can't see there being much of a budget but with the population of Lvi and surrounding area and the demise of Rangers and Hearts as we know them, could be a good time for Livi to pick up some new fans. Most Huns and Jambos wuld probably not support a team with such obvious Hibs and Celtic connections in charge.

Livi to me are a novelty club in that when they rose up the leagues and reached the SPL crowds were decent to start with but then the novelty wore off and crowds dropped resulting in relegation and all kinds of financial woes. They may well get promoted to the SPL but not sure if I can ever see them becoming a club with the stature of even a Motherwell/Kilmarnock/St Mirren/Dunfermline/ICT or St Johnstone. I'm not sure they will ever be as big as some of the teams currently in the First Division like Dundee, Falkirk, Ross County, Raith, Morton even Ayr and QoS. Too much history and tradition there and it will take a while for Livi to establish any sort of history and tradition.

Judas Iscariot
14-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Wow...can't believe how negative some people are being....two good football men, back in football...sounds good to me - hope they do well...

Yep :agree:

Good luck to them both!

southern hibby
14-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Both did have their faults. However no one can say they never put 100% into wanting the best for Hibs. I will never ever fault a man for his shortcomings, I hope they do have a great time at Livi,( until it ever happens ) they come up against HIBS. GGTTH.

James70
14-02-2012, 07:44 AM
The reason Bollan got the boot apparently was because he wasn't bringing through enough youngsters.

Surely the main purpose of a Director of Football is to identify and bring in new signings.

Why then do Livingston require a Director of Football?

Also, if Collins has a weakness then it is his purchases in the transfer market although he certainly managed to maximise the amounts we got when selling players.

Good luck to the pair of them in any case.

Aubenas
14-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Gordon McDougall at Livingston is a good guy and a massive Hibee. When he was at Cowdenbeath nearly all his managers were ex-Hibs players, so that would explain the appointments.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Collins and Hughes wages combined will be a huge whack of their budget, it will have to be kids they bring through, there wont be much left for anything else i'd have thought?

hibsbollah
14-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Good luck to them both.

:fullmarks:

Lots of joyless tornfaced fuddery on this thread.

SquashedFrogg
14-02-2012, 09:04 AM
The reason Bollan got the boot apparently was because he wasn't bringing through enough youngsters.

Surely the main purpose of a Director of Football is to identify and bring in new signings.

Also, if Collins has a weakness then it is his purchases in the transfer market although he certainly managed to maximise the amounts we got when selling players.

Good luck to the pair of them in any case.

Because their current youth set-up is a shambles and a Director of football with JC's understanding of the game will move quickly to address this. Even as far down as 9,10,11's there is no natural progression plan. Talented boys at this age group are travelling as far as Stenhousemuir and Raith rather than be nurtured on their own doorstep. :agree:

Speedway
14-02-2012, 09:10 AM
It would be easy to say that one is there to sign crap and the other is there to slaver it.

Nevertheless, the club is showing tremendous ambition and if they don't go bust as a result, should be congratulated on their vision.

It interests me that Hibs are rumoured to want a DOF but that JC is going to Livvi. I wonder if that says anything about us or him?

Haymaker
14-02-2012, 09:35 AM

No, a Director of Football is responsible for the running of football operations. This will include youth development, player and coach development, equipment, training areas etc etc. They do all the hard work and allow a coach to run the first team.

SquashedFrogg
14-02-2012, 09:45 AM
No, a Director of Football is responsible for the running of football operations. This will include youth development, player and coach development, equipment, training areas etc etc. They do all the hard work and allow a coach to run the first team.

Betty Boop
14-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Best of luck to both of them. John Collins is class in a glass, I'm jealous ! :greengrin

Andy74
14-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Good luck to them. Both tried their best for Hibs as players and managers and the personal stuff about them from Hibs fans lacks any class.

stu in nottingham
14-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Good luck to them. Both tried their best for Hibs as players and managers and the personal stuff about them from Hibs fans lacks any class.

Agree. Wish them both the best on this ambitious move by Livingstone. I'm not a great fan of Hughes but I was sorry to see how things worked out at Hibs and wish him well. John Collins as Director of Football? Well, I'm envious.

brog
14-02-2012, 11:55 AM
:top marks No one ( with the obvious exception of some Hibs Net posters ) succeeds 100% in any job they do, I'm sure a Man U fan could produce a team of huddies signed by Sir A! as you say, they gave 100% for the club & contributed to some magic moments with a 5-1 cup win & a 3-0 PBS win being 2 highlights for me.

H18sry
14-02-2012, 12:00 PM
John Hughes: "Everywhere I've gone I've brought success. I brought success to Falkirk, I brought success to Hibs." #Livingston :confused:

Judas Iscariot
14-02-2012, 12:01 PM
John Hughes: "Everywhere I've gone I've brought success. I brought success to Falkirk, I brought success to Hibs." #Livingston :confused:

4th place & Europe?

truehibernian
14-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Because their current youth set-up is a shambles and a Director of football with JC's understanding of the game will move quickly to address this. Even as far down as 9,10,11's there is no natural progression plan. Talented boys at this age group are travelling as far as Stenhousemuir and Raith rather than be nurtured on their own doorstep. :agree:

I spoke with a young lad who is on Livingston's books and he told me a recent game was cancelled due to the Livi coach telling them (the players) they were in the ' wrong frame of mind'......the lad was 13.....I was lost for words.

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Official

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20120214_1.php

SquashedFrogg
14-02-2012, 12:35 PM
I spoke with a young lad who is on Livingston's books and he told me a recent game was cancelled due to the Livi coach telling them (the players) they were in the ' wrong frame of mind'......the lad was 13.....I was lost for words.

Staggering but no real surprise.

hibee
14-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Good luck to them, hope they both do well and make a success of it.

jgl07
14-02-2012, 12:50 PM
John Collins can apply his 'eye for a signing' and his man management skills.

Add in Yogi's tactical acumen and you have a recipe for who knows what?

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Good news for Cregg, McBride and Gowser, I suppose. I doubt whether he will be able to get Stokes this time, however.

LeithBoozy
14-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Two good Hibs men, I hope they will give us the heads-up on the next sparky, before anyone else.:wink:

Haymaker
14-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Two good Hibs men, I hope they will give us the heads-up on the next sparky, before anyone else.:wink:

Wasnt Sparky at Hibs till he was 15/16?

Golden Bear
14-02-2012, 03:35 PM
It will be really interesting to see how these appointments pan out and it will give both guys the opportunity to repair their tarnished reputations.

SMAXXA
14-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Good luck to them both I hope they make a real success of it, I harbour no hard feelings to either, onwards and upwards to all concerned.

beensaidbefore
14-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Good luck to them both I hope they make a real success of it, I harbour no hard feelings to either, onwards and upwards to all concerned.

Spot on. :top marks

col02
14-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Good luck to Collins who I really liked at Hibs and also to Hughes who did have us finish his only full SPL season in charge in 4th place. Both managers might be failures in some Hibs fans eyes but the facts are one won a cup and the other had us qualify for Europe.

PISTOL1875
14-02-2012, 05:12 PM
This will be a complete and utter disaster..

Hughes has the notion of wanting his players to go out drinking and have a good time. Collins doesn't want his players to drink...

Hughes conducts himself as a bully boy who spouts the first thing that comes out of his gob.. Collins is the complete opposite yet again...

Hughes wants morning training only whereas Collins opts for double sessions..

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Good luck to Collins who I really liked at Hibs and also to Hughes who did have us finish his only full SPL season in charge in 4th place. Both managers might be failures in some Hibs fans eyes but the facts are one won a cup and the other had us qualify for Europe.

beensaidbefore
14-02-2012, 05:14 PM

Hughes has the notion of wanting his players to go out drinking and have a good time. Collins doesn't want his players to drink...

Hughes conducts himself as a bully boy who spouts the first thing that comes out of his gob.. Collins is the complete opposite yet again...

and everyone on here wanted something inbetween.....

Aldo
14-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Superb. JC to supply a whole load of keek signings and Yogi to mould them in to a dream team......:cb

With a little sprinkling if gold/magic dust!! ;-)

Stevie Reid
14-02-2012, 05:33 PM
We are 24 games into the season and are second bottom of the SPL, level on points with the bottom side (and as things stand there is a very real chance we could be in the same division as Livi next year), yet there are many on here who still find it necessary to snipe at the last two managers who brought us our last successful seasons - pathetic really. The fact that they are both good Hibs men just makes it worse.

I wish JC and JH every success.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-02-2012, 05:52 PM
The very best of fortune to them both. (not against us if it ever came to it, obviously)
JC & Yogi appeared to genuinely care about the club and always gave their all, on and off the park.
Any Hibs fan who want them to fail are a bit of a bell end, imho.

Correct :agree:
Best of luck to them.

mca
14-02-2012, 06:44 PM

Funny you should say that... the other half was in Lidl (outside livi`s ground) and a couple of the young lads (15 or 16 yr old) strolled over rom the stadium and went into the shop..

they were queing behind her and one lad spoke to the other..

He told him his mum was coming to pick him up after training..

the other lad replied - why dont you get the bus or just walk it..

The wee guy replied - ****s sake man - it takes me over 20 minutes to walk home... il just get my maw to pick me up.. :agree:

The wife never said anything to them but she even said to me after - that was some attitude for some youngster with a chance of becoming a professional footballer.....

cant see that laddie lasting long before yogi kicks him roundabout the livi carpark...

BTW - and before anyone asks - I did ask her what the two lads had bought from the shop.. - she reckons it was just cans of that copycat redbull kinda stuff..

erskine-hibby
14-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Good luck to them both.
Maybe this is a trial run for us?????????:greengrin

ryan cass
14-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Would have rather had them back here in a shot, but what can we do when you have a board ours, lack of ambition and getting involved in the coaching side.

S.sct
14-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Would have rather had them back here in a shot, but what can we do when you have a board ours, lack of ambition and getting involved in the coaching side.

No thanks, more than happy with our current management team....

Northernhibee
14-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Good luck to the both of them, you could tell that a horrible 2010 season with us was tearing Yogi apart as a Hibee. Hope they do well at Livi.

PISTOL1875
14-02-2012, 08:33 PM
At least we know where Michael Hart will end up next.....

Twa Cairpets
14-02-2012, 08:37 PM

I have been fotunate enough to do this. Collins is a massive advocate of Coerver Coaching, and has been delivering sessions for them for a number of years. It's based on technique first and foremost in player development - dont worry about winning games when the kids are young, worry about them developing their skill; dont just sign the big lads who score loads of goals at 10, sign the players who can control a ball, beat a player and pass; dont stick the big lad whose good in the air at centre half and leave him to get on with it, teach him how to be a footballer; develop players from the youngest age to be able to control and use the bal with both feet.

I hope he does well, and think he may have found his niche if he gets control of developing the young players in the club. If he is there any decent period of time, Livi I am 100% sure will develop some fantastic young players. What Yogi does with them I'm less convinced about...

givescotlandfreedom
14-02-2012, 11:11 PM

Where were you in the transfer window?

Brizo
15-02-2012, 07:31 AM
While on the surface JC and Yogi appear very different personalities im told theyre big golfing buddies who played daily when they were "signing on". And that they share the same fitba philosophy. Maybe a club like Livi with young players will be ideal for them. Maybe the young players will buy into JCs training and lifestyle demands more than cynical older professionals did. Maybe young players will be more accepting of Yogis management style.

And of course if Yogis employed every saturday afternoon it means i will be spared listening to him on the wireless telling the world how great he is :wink:

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Aye good luck to them both, maybe JC can teach Hughes to talk during interview instead of his usual caveman like drivel!

SquashedFrogg
15-02-2012, 09:28 AM
I have been fotunate enough to do this. Collins is a massive advocate of Coerver Coaching, and has been delivering sessions for them for a number of years. It's based on technique first and foremost in player development - dont worry about winning games when the kids are young, worry about them developing their skill; dont just sign the big lads who score loads of goals at 10, sign the players who can control a ball, beat a player and pass; dont stick the big lad whose good in the air at centre half and leave him to get on with it, teach him how to be a footballer; develop players from the youngest age to be able to control and use the bal with both feet.

I hope he does well, and think he may have found his niche if he gets control of developing the young players in the club. If he is there any decent period of time, Livi I am 100% sure will develop some fantastic young players. What Yogi does with them I'm less convinced about...

I saw these guys deliver a session to my boys team last week. They turned up like the SAS. They arrived and within minutes there were cones and mini goals set up everywhere. I thought, and more importantly the boys thought, they were brilliant.

I have no doubt that if all youth coaching was delivered to this standard we'd see standards improve within a short space of time.

judas
15-02-2012, 12:20 PM
To be unvailed at Livi tomorrow. Collins is DoF and Yogi as gaffer

I think it is a laughable appointment. Nea luck Livi.

lapsedhibee
15-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Aye good luck to them both, maybe JC can teach Hughes to talk during interview instead of his usual caveman like drivel!

JC could stand a bit behind JH and tell him what to say. Maybe an apple could be involved?

jacomo
15-02-2012, 12:48 PM

Yogi was very much on message at his unveiling - talking about training lasting 10am - 4pm and teaching young players to be "professional footballers". He also heaped praise on JC... who unfortunately was away fulfilling a TV commitment (!)

Seems Yogi will be very much the face of the project, JC will stay in the background. Big question for me is, if JC tells Yogi there's a great lad in the squad / youth set up who is doing all the right things, will Yogi bring him into his team and disregard his tendency for favourtism for certain players.

Anyhow I wish them both well and feel a tinge of regret that both men left Hibs in bad circumstances.

RIP
15-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Both guys are real Hibbies and played out of their skins for the club
They put their hearts and souls into managing a club they love

That earns them total respect in my eyes

Best of luck lads - hope it works out for you both working with Gordon Macdougall. Gordon used to live doon the road from me in Clerrie and he's a real genuine sort :thumbsup:

Haymaker
15-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I saw these guys deliver a session to my boys team last week. They turned up like the SAS. They arrived and within minutes there were cones and mini goals set up everywhere. I thought, and more importantly the boys thought, they were brilliant.

I have no doubt that if all youth coaching was delivered to this standard we'd see standards improve within a short space of time.

Very true. Sadly these types of professional coaches require payment - I should know, I am one of them! (not for Co however. Well not yet!)

A big problem IMO in England here is that the FA levels are generally pointless - one of my co-coaches who delievers coaching courses said she asks all the dads who is only there because the club needs their Charter Standard crap and 90% will raise their hands. I argued with the head of FA development that the courses are pointless as the "coaches" will deliver how they want once the course has been passed. It is no surprise to me that the Level One has somewhere in the region of 99%+ pass rate while your level 3 (where you need to know something about the game) has a pass rate of around 20% IIRC.

Sorry, massively off topic!

Anyway, I think this could be a success for Livingston. Good luck to both of them, no hard feelings here!

Eyrie
15-02-2012, 07:22 PM
If Collins is given a free rein with the youth set up then Livingston have made an excellent appointment.

SquashedFrogg
15-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Very true. Sadly these types of professional coaches require payment - I should know, I am one of them! (not for Co however. Well not yet!)

A big problem IMO in England here is that the FA levels are generally pointless - one of my co-coaches who delievers coaching courses said she asks all the dads who is only there because the club needs their Charter Standard crap and 90% will raise their hands. I argued with the head of FA development that the courses are pointless as the "coaches" will deliver how they want once the course has been passed. It is no surprise to me that the Level One has somewhere in the region of 99%+ pass rate while your level 3 (where you need to know something about the game) has a pass rate of around 20% IIRC.

Sorry, massively off topic!

Anyway, I think this could be a success for Livingston. Good luck to both of them, no hard feelings here!

When I done my level one we had a woman who sat and watched the whole session (including nipping away for the occasional smoke) and was presented with her certificate and DVD at the end!

I was aware that Coerver coaching comes at a price but feel any cost is fully justified. It was a breath of fresh air to see pro training like that. Good luck with your coaching my friend, our young lads need all they can get.

PS If you ever fancy doing us a freebie or reduced cost session feel free to pm me :wink:

Haymaker
15-02-2012, 10:30 PM
When I done my level one we had a woman who sat and watched the whole session (including nipping away for the occasional smoke) and was presented with her certificate and DVD at the end!

I was aware that Coerver coaching comes at a price but feel any cost is fully justified. It was a breath of fresh air to see pro training like that. Good luck with your coaching my friend, our young lads need all they can get.

PS If you ever fancy doing us a freebie or reduced cost session feel free to pm me :wink:

Free for Hibs fans!

I had one on my Level One who ****ed the whole session up (how?!) and was terrible at everything on the field. Somehow managed to pass. Unreal.

sleeping giant
16-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Livi were training at Broxburns facilities this week.
First person out on the pitch..............John Collins :greengrin

Doesn't surprise me. Their players will certainly get fit if JC is joining in training.