PDA

View Full Version : two sets of fans uniting in song.

djs69
13-02-2012, 05:47 PM
On Sunday there is a possibility both sets of fans could unite in a rendition of "lets all laugh at rangers" or "the huns are going bust" etc. As much as I hate the other great un washed id happily join in a full stadium laughing at the huns. Would you? And can you remember any other scenarios where two sets of fans have joined up in voice at a match?

Chuck Rhoades
13-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Yes. It doesn't make us Celtic fans it makes us Hibs fans who hate Rangers.

Haha, haha, hahahahahaha!

Now for the diet huns to go to the wall.

Pretty Boy
13-02-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm sure I remember similar happening at Hampden in 2001 with both sets of fans uniting in renditions of 'no huns at hampden' and 'no hearts at hampden'.

PISTOL1875
13-02-2012, 05:51 PM
On Sunday there is a possibility both sets of fans could unite in a rendition of "lets all laugh at rangers" or "the huns are going bust" etc. As much as I hate the other great un washed id happily join in a full stadium laughing at the huns. Would you? And can you remember any other scenarios where two sets of fans have joined up in voice at a match?

I went to Anfield a few weeks ago to see Liverpool play Man City. City fans started singing about Gary Neville being a w****r.. That got both sets of fans going alright....

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-02-2012, 05:54 PM
The only thing that we have in common with Celtc is that they, unfortunately, chose to wear our colours albeit with a good deal less grace and dignity that we do.

frazeHFC
13-02-2012, 05:56 PM
I hate Celtic. But it would be class to see the whole ground laughing at Rangers (if i could make the game). We all hate hun ****! :thumbsup:

Cabbage East
13-02-2012, 06:07 PM
No huns at Hampden twice. At Hampden and at ER a couple weeks before. The only time you'd really want to have much in common with that lot.

Sylar
13-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Be a cold day in hell before I'd join that sc*m singing anything.

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2012, 06:18 PM
The only song I will be singing is

# Hello Hello ..... Lets hope your next, Lets hope your next.

:greengrin

neilmartinrocks
13-02-2012, 06:20 PM

what he said!!

HibbyAndy
13-02-2012, 06:23 PM

Hibs v Celtic 2001 Scottish cup final both sets of fans joined in ' No huns at Hampden ' and 'no hearts at Hampden'

Steve20
13-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I will never join in song with Celtic fans and would be disgusted if that's what happens this Sunday.

pepe
13-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Scott browns last game for us against them. We sang "Broony " and they joined in knowing it was a done deal

Saorsa
13-02-2012, 06:36 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/twocheekssameerse.jpg

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I would happily join in with "Ha Ha, Ha Ha, Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha"

And finish off with "We arra peepul"

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-02-2012, 06:38 PM
and then a rendition of "you are a weedgie, a smelly weedgie...." at our smelly visitors in the interest of fairness

cocopops1875
13-02-2012, 06:40 PM

Just as well you're off to ibrox then :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Yes. It doesn't make us Celtic fans it makes us Hibs fans who hate Rangers.

Haha, haha, hahahahahaha!

Now for the diet huns to go to the wall.

Correct.

Pretty Boy
13-02-2012, 06:41 PM
It wouldn't really be joining in with Celtic.

We would probably sing 'let's all laugh at Rangers' regardless of who we were playing.

I consider it more a mutual appreciation of the huns plight

Russ
13-02-2012, 06:44 PM

We should never unite in anything with that ****, let's hope they're next.

madabouthibs
13-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Lets all laugh at Jam Tarts?
Easter Road with Dundee Utd May 86? :greengrin

Hibs Class
13-02-2012, 07:39 PM

This.

Jonnyboy
13-02-2012, 07:41 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/twocheekssameerse.jpg

:faf: Who needs words? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
13-02-2012, 07:53 PM

Sadly i cant see us filling the stadium

Sodje_18
13-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Nothing wrong with a mutual hate of the huns, no matter how smelly our opposition might be :agree:

The huns are going bust!

Saorsa
13-02-2012, 08:17 PM
:faf: Who needs words? :greengrin:greengrin

Cabbage East
13-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Lets all laugh at Jam Tarts?
Easter Road with Dundee Utd May 86? :greengrin

What happened in May 86?

Alfred E Newman
13-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Scott browns last game for us against them. We sang "Broony " and they joined in knowing it was a done deal

What a laugh we had.

cabbageandribs1875
13-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Nothing wrong with a mutual hate of the huns, no matter how smelly our opposition might be :agree:

The huns are going bust!

this :agree::agree::agree:

vile hun s*um

Cocaine&Caviar
13-02-2012, 08:36 PM
The only thing that we have in common with Celtc is that they, unfortunately, chose to wear our colours albeit with a good deal less grace and dignity that we do.

:aok:

yekimevol
13-02-2012, 08:39 PM
weggie is a weggie i wont sing a thing with them.

hfc rd
13-02-2012, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't mind this at all. Us and Celtic laughing at the financial mess at both hearts and rangers. I'm sure both rangers and hearts would do the same, if this happened to us. Some songs below that might get sung by both sets of fans, if anyone is interested?

"what's that coming over the hill "
"is it a taxman"
"is it a takman"

-

"no Huns in Scotland"
"oh there be no huns in Scotland"
"no Huns in Scotland"
"oh there be no Huns in Scotland"

-

"the Huns are going bust"
"their never going to believe us"

Anymore?

G15 Hibs
13-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I'd prefer that any songs at the game on Sunday were about Hibs against Celtic. I've no love for the Huns but having lived in Glasgow for ten years I ****ing hate that the plastic paddy mob see Hibs as some kind of kindred spirit. And joining them in any song would just reinforce this. All I'm bothered about on Sunday is ****ing that lot - come kick off I don't care what state the Huns are in. Hate Celtic more, if I'm honest.

.Sean.
13-02-2012, 08:49 PM

+1.

I ****ing hate Celtic and everything they stand for. If it was Celtic going bust and we were playing Rangers i'd be surprised to see a similar suggestion.

wearethehibs
13-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Not for me thanks. I'd rather just sing about Hibs and a few anti Celtic songs. Maybe a wee Paul Mcbride your a w***er and were not sectarian.

Alfred E Newman
13-02-2012, 09:11 PM
+1.

I ****ing hate Celtic and everything they stand for. If it was Celtic going bust and we were playing Rangers i'd be surprised to see a similar suggestion.

:agree: Our priority is to take points of Celtic on Sunday, not join with their supporters in some party celebrating the misfortunes of other cheek of the same arse.

Bishop Hibee
13-02-2012, 09:26 PM

The huns are going bust!

:top marks I've always hated them more than Hearts and that's saying something. Chant along the lines of "cake and custard when the Hearts go bust, jelly and ice-cream cause the huns are going bust" must be the order of the day.

Judas Iscariot
13-02-2012, 09:29 PM

Beat me to it :agree:

Enjoy Greyskull, hopefully you enjoy ER more tho..

If you're there :cool2:

Judas Iscariot
13-02-2012, 09:32 PM
weggie is a weggie i wont sing a thing with them.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBOwKquN5zQpB4vLvF-pKgJnDH9UjEZJI77kcGrxeGAIV6NcY2cA

:confused:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Right. For all the "we won't sing with them" chaps. Wait a courteous 5 seconds or so after they have finished, then sing some of our own anti h@n songs. Righteously embrase in their suffering.

Sorted.

Ok?

Everybody happy?

1two
13-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Not for me thanks. I'd rather just sing about Hibs and a few anti Celtic songs. Maybe a wee Paul Mcbride your a w***er and were not sectarian.

Nothing wrong with that but also nothing wrong with a 'let's all laugh at rangers' sing along

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I'd prefer that any songs at the game on Sunday were about Hibs against Celtic. I've no love for the Huns but having lived in Glasgow for ten years I ****ing hate that the plastic paddy mob see Hibs as some kind of kindred spirit. And joining them in any song would just reinforce this. All I'm bothered about on Sunday is ****ing that lot - come kick off I don't care what state the Huns are in. Hate Celtic more, if I'm honest.

This, apart from the living in Glasgow bit!

Minder
13-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Here is a song to sing, im sure the tune will be familiar:greengrin

Sure l'm a loyal Scotsman, from alba’s isle I came,
To cherish my Scottish brethren all of honour and of fame,
And to tell them of their forefathers who once saw the Rangers play
In days of yore the team they used to follow used to worship old Lizzy!

Their ground was old and hostile, with seats of rancid blue and their veins full of hate
They used to visit Easter Road, Tiny and Pittodrie too
But old Lizzy’s cash was low
her tax man played blinder when he caught them out and now their cash is no more,
And on the Twelfth to remember them I hope we sing a little song

For those silly bears who followed them who whose knuckles drag the ground
Their stupidity and lack of reason blinded them so they could not see
But if the call should come again they will try and follow the drum once more
Dreaming of days gone by and a new Reich this time led by Skeletor

And if some day, across the sea to Alba’s shore you do come,
We'll welcome you in true royal style, without the sound of flute and drum
And Alba’s hills shall echo , from Ratho to Dundee
As we sing again the joyful news of the cash that was no more!

Sir David Gray
13-02-2012, 11:38 PM

+1.

:top marks

Only songs I wanted to hear on Sunday from the Hibs fans are "cheerio, cheerio, cheerio" and "we can see you sneaking out".

:bye:

I am glad that Rangers' years of mismanagement are finally catching up with them and I hope they suffer years of problems.

However, the fact that pretty much the only team that's going to benefit from Rangers being in this mess is Celtic really saddens me.

I know it's not likely any time soon but I would love it if the same could happen to them.

danhibees1875
14-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Was there not an anti-caldwell song shared between Hibs and Killie fans at ER the week after caldwell's tackle on a killie boy damaged his ligaments? :dunno:

Macaroon
14-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Scotland v Croatia at Hampden was a good one. Croatian fans began singing:

Stand up, if you hate England
Stand up, if you hate England
Stand up!.. etc.

It wasn't long before the whole stadium were on their feet, epic :na na:

Brebners Bookie
14-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Was there not an anti-caldwell song shared between Hibs and Killie fans at ER the week after caldwell's tackle on a killie boy damaged his ligaments? :dunno:

Different thing all together. I have respect for fans of killie, m'well, hamilton, st mirren etc.... It would be so easy for them to follow one of the OF instead of their local club. I have no respect for the old firm, and hearing hibs fans sing along with them would probably make me feel nauseous.

Lucius Apuleius
14-02-2012, 04:35 AM
Celtc are the team I hate most.

End of.

superfurryhibby
14-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Is it just me? Does anyone else find the I hate, hate, sex crimes, all they stand for, Celtic, even more than....****, ****, blah blah blah, just a wee bit sad. Sometimes I feel embarrassed to admit I like football.

Phil MaGlass
14-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Part and parcel of football, guaranteed the whole stadium WILL be singing lets all laugh at rangers f,n great, for years they have cheated their way to leagues, cups and europe, with money they never had. Their fans are the most bigotted **** of the earth, whom I would“nt piss on if they were on fire. They deserve everything they get and I hope tae god the SPHell dont come to some agreement to save their skin from getting booted out the league.
If they are forced to change their name then they should be forced out of the league and have to apply for re-entry, and start again from Div3. ****.

"LETS ALL LAUGH AT RANGERS"
"LETS ALL LAUGH AT RANGERS"
HA HA HA HA""

hibsbollah
14-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Is it just me? Does anyone else find the I hate, hate, sex crimes, all they stand for, Celtic, even more than....****, ****, blah blah blah, just a wee bit sad. Sometimes I feel embarrassed to admit I like football.

you forgot the paedophilia obsessiveness. And no its not just you.

wearethehibs
14-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Would just like to ask why are people saying the 'whole stadium' singing it? Let's face it the Tic fans will sing it and maybe a few people in the east will join in ;).

If the whole stadium does sing with the celtic fans it will just be sad that they join in when they sing and not when the Hibs fans are singing every other game.

MacBean
14-02-2012, 09:27 AM
I recall an evening at Easter Road (not too long ago; 1-0 Rob Jones) Where both Hibs and Hearts fans united in a rendition of "oh the Hibees are Gay" :cb

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2012, 09:29 AM
I see it more as 11 clubs singing in unison.

Mikeystewart
14-02-2012, 09:35 AM
I remember a cup final at Hampden a few years back, not sure if it was the League cup or Scottish cup, but anyway, both Motherwell and Rangers fans where singing "There's only one Davie Cooper" as he had recently passed away.

I also went to a Sunderland - Arsenal Game where Sunderland's fate had already been decided and they where relegated, Arsenal meanwhile where set to face Barca in the Champions League final, and every set peice Henry took for Arsenal he got a round of applause from both sets of fans, I remember a Mexican wave going round about 8 times as well :greengrin

silverhibee
14-02-2012, 09:54 AM
+1.

Bang on the money Sean, let them embarass them selfs with there own songs, and us Hibs fans can sing our own songs, why would we want to join in with that rotten mob and get tarred with the same brush.

snooky
14-02-2012, 05:09 PM
:singing: "Gaun pay our Gracious Queen ....."

Alfred E Newman
14-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Bang on the money Sean, let them embarass them selfs with there own songs, and us Hibs fans can sing our own songs, why would we want to join in with that rotten mob and get tarred with the same brush.

Well said :agree:

Hainan Hibs
14-02-2012, 07:36 PM
I was going to try to write something clever and witty, but I'm not going to waste time.

Any Hibs fan who is wetting themselves at getting to participate in a sing a long with Celtic fans should **** off and die.

There, I said it.

Bishop Hibee
14-02-2012, 10:21 PM

This.

monktonharp
14-02-2012, 11:01 PM
I was going to try to write something clever and witty, but I'm not going to waste time.

Any Hibs fan who is wetting themselves at getting to participate in a sing a long with Celtic fans should **** off and die.

There, I said it.If any Celtic fan happens to join in with me singing "lets all laugh at Rangers", I'll have no problem with that. there, I just said that

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Probably be better to wait until it has been established what we would be laughing at, a debt free Rangers on the other side of admin might not be the laughing matter some are expecting it to be.

monktonharp
14-02-2012, 11:22 PM
could be summit in that Hutch, but I'll laugh aw the same , :greengrin mass suicide has not happened in a while, since Waco Texas anyway.

drifter533814
15-02-2012, 12:15 AM

While it is still there, why not. Historical value.

Mickey Edwards
15-02-2012, 10:11 AM
what about

You're now the Green Huns
You're now the Green Huns

to the Romanov tune

--------
15-02-2012, 11:14 AM

There, I said it.

Kind of agree with you - not terribly dignified - "Oh, oh, we're gonnae get to sing with the big Bhoys about the nasty big Rangers being in admin..."

Phrase that comes to my mind is, "Leave it out, guys" - the more distance I see between Hibs and Celtic, the happier I am.

Besides, I'm afraid that those eagerly anticipating the demise of Glasgow rangers are going to ned up bitterly disappointed. As disappointed as the Jambos who were rubbing their hands together in anticipation of the demise of Hibernian twenty-odd years ago. It isn't going to happen.

It isn't going to happen. They'll go through the process of administration and come out the other side debt-free and ready to go again. Unlike Hearts, Rangers FC is a saleable commodity once the debt has been sorted out. Rangers may go through a couple of years of pain, but there's no chance they'll disappear.

We were in as bad shape if not worse when Duff and Gray were running things, and we're still here.

Stevie Reid
15-02-2012, 11:20 AM
There are enough narrow minded and ignorant people in the world who believe that we have some sort of kinship with Celtic, without this happening.

I would never do it under any circumstances, but why anyone would want to think about having a collective sing song with Celtic fans during a game that we desperately need a result from is beyond me.

IWasThere2016
15-02-2012, 11:40 AM

I sincerely hope 11 Chairmen are singing aff the same hymn sheet if required at a later date.

Somehow, I think they'll all assume the position and let Der Hun roger us all!

Chuck Rhoades
15-02-2012, 12:10 PM
There are enough narrow minded and ignorant people in the world who believe that we have some sort of kinship with Celtic, without this happening.

I would never do it under any circumstances, but why anyone would want to think about having a collective sing song with Celtic fans during a game that we desperately need a result from is beyond me.

If we played Rangers I reckon the majority of the support would sing about what has happened to them recently?

So by doing that on Sunday, you think that people who join in think they are in bed with Celtic?

Deary me.

Hibernia Na Eir
15-02-2012, 12:36 PM
this is a great idea. let the whole world know that Scotland doesn't like The Huns and certainly doesn't want them.
im, for one, certainly gonna enjoy Celtic fans' singing on Sunday! bring it right on Celts :)

Craig_HFC
15-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Why not just sing Hibs songs?

Don't see why folk sing about Hearts when we're not playing them (Mercer song for example)

Same goes for the Huns.

Stevie Reid
15-02-2012, 12:52 PM
If we played Rangers I reckon the majority of the support would sing about what has happened to them recently?

So by doing that on Sunday, you think that people who join in think they are in bed with Celtic?

Deary me.

No.

And we are not playing Rangers on Sunday. But whilst we're doing hypotheticals, would you be up for a stadium-wide singalong if we were playing Hearts on Sunday? They'll no doubt be laughing at Rangers too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-02-2012, 01:12 PM
this is a great idea. let the whole world know that Scotland doesn't like The Huns and certainly doesn't want them.
im, for one, certainly gonna enjoy Celtic fans' singing on Sunday! bring it right on Celts :)

FFS Mr D! At least wait until we know there is something worth celebrating! Its all a bit premature and cringeworthy to put it mildly!

Chuck Rhoades
15-02-2012, 02:26 PM
No.

And we are not playing Rangers on Sunday. But whilst we're doing hypotheticals, would you be up for a stadium-wide singalong if we were playing Hearts on Sunday? They'll no doubt be laughing at Rangers too.

This is a point, we aren't joining in with anything. If a Hibs Fan starts singing let's all laugh at Rangers that's his choice. Doesn't mean we are joining in with them and only doing it cause they are...

I will not be uniting with Celtic. But, if I feel like it, I will still belting out a song about the decline of Rangers.

nonshinyfinish
15-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Nothing to do with joining in with Celtc - whatever they sing, they sing. If Hibbies want to sing about Rangers' terrible troubles then that's up to them.

Stevie Reid
15-02-2012, 02:37 PM
This is a point, we aren't joining in with anything. If a Hibs Fan starts singing let's all laugh at Rangers that's his choice. Doesn't mean we are joining in with them and only doing it cause they are...

I will not be uniting with Celtic. But, if I feel like it, I will still belting out a song about the decline of Rangers.

That's entirely fair enough then mate.

It was the uniting/joining in bit that I was bothered about - when I mentioned "narrow minded and ignorant people who believe that we have some sort of kinship with Celtic", I was meaning outsiders, not Hibs fans (god knows I've been called a "plastic paddy" or "mini dhim" enough times by idiot Huns on other forums).

With them just being handed their first league title in four years as a by-product of their greatest rivals heading for financial oblivion, they'll be partying big style - given that we are in a relegation battle, the image of both fans singing in unison sits very uncomfortably with me, and would no doubt give the aforementioned narrow minded idiots the wrong impression, as it may look as if them winning the title is some kind of comfort to us.

Anyway, here's hoping that they'll take their foot off the gas a bit after this week's developments.

lucky
15-02-2012, 03:44 PM
We are playing the other half of the old firm and we desperately need points so I would rather have a highly charged atmosphere created by Hibs fans than a sing a long as they march to league success. **** Celtic they are just as bad as Rangers. We are Hibs

frazeHFC
15-02-2012, 03:48 PM

There, I said it.

Bit extreme is it not? :wtf:

Eyrie
15-02-2012, 07:11 PM
No problem with both sets of fans singing "Let's all laugh at Rangers" at the same time.

But when that stops, give the lesser greens a rousing chorus of "We hope you're next".

Hibernia Na Eir
15-02-2012, 07:28 PM
why are some on here deviating away from huns woes wishing it were some other club?

let's behold this great situation!

RFC RIP

Hibernia Na Eir
15-02-2012, 07:45 PM
May also be worth noting that Huns were singing "your going down" last game at ER....

payback time!!

Hibrandenburg
15-02-2012, 10:52 PM

You could buy a season ticket for darkheid and enjoy their singing every other week. Do you think they'll be wetting their knickers at the thought of having a sing-along with us when the yams meet the grim reeper? Nah, didn't think so.

hibeedonald
15-02-2012, 11:14 PM
You could buy a season ticket for darkheid and enjoy their singing every other week. Do you think they'll be wetting their knickers at the thought of having a sing-along with us when the yams meet the grim reeper? Nah, didn't think so.

They probably would, they hate them too.

Hibrandenburg
15-02-2012, 11:18 PM
They probably would, they hate them too.

They hate everyone. They'd have a few ditties lined up for us if we were in the doo doo.

Hate this idea of a love in with the other ugly sister.

frazeHFC
15-02-2012, 11:31 PM
They hate everyone. They'd have a few ditties lined up for us if we were in the doo doo.

Hate this idea of a love in with the other ugly sister.

It's not a love in though. It's just 2 teams that hate Rangers singing and laughing about them. Doesn't mean that we are best buds with them and gonna meet up after or clap their goals. There will still be songs sung towards Celtic but also taking the opportunity to slag the huns, especially as some huns will be watching and it'll wind them up with the whole ground singing it. :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
15-02-2012, 11:40 PM
It's not a love in though. It's just 2 teams that hate Rangers singing and laughing about them. Doesn't mean that we are best buds with them and gonna meet up after or clap their goals. There will still be songs sung towards Celtic but also taking the opportunity to slag the huns, especially as some huns will be watching and it'll wind them up with the whole ground singing it. :greengrin

No mate, it will just confirm what many already believe. That Hibs are mini Celtic. We're not and we should distance ourselves from them at every opportunity.

frazeHFC
15-02-2012, 11:43 PM
No mate, it will just confirm what many already believe. That Hibs are mini Celtic. We're not and we should distance ourselves from them at every opportunity.

I do agree in a way, i hate Celtic and being called 'mini-tims' or whatever really does my head in. :brickwall

hibbiedon
16-02-2012, 06:15 AM

:top marks:top marks:flag::top marks
:flag:

1two
16-02-2012, 07:30 AM
A mutual haha haha (hello hello) would be good
Anymore would be unacceptable imo

Steve20
16-02-2012, 07:35 AM
A mutual haha haha (hello hello) would be good
Anymore would be unacceptable imo

Singing along with Celtic about anything would be unacceptable.

If it was Celtic in administration, would people be as willing to sing along with the Rangers fans in a sing song? No chance.

1two
16-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Singing along with Celtic about anything would be unacceptable.

If it was Celtic in administration, would people be as willing to sing along with the Rangers fans in a sing song? No chance.

I don't see it as a hibs/Celtic sing along
It's more of an spl v huns sing along. I fully expect the Huns to be the target for songs sung at all games this weekend.

If it was celtic I would say the same.
I take your point though, maybe calling it a mutual sing a long is going to far.

EK_Hibs
16-02-2012, 08:22 AM
I hate Rangers,
I hate Celtic,
I hate this thread....

S.sct
16-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Would rather be singing in celebration when turning them over. Sing about the Huns if you like but I am only interested in my team **** the rest.

green leaves
16-02-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm sure if the Hibs support sing anti rangers song,then the mhanks will copy exactly what we do,why change the habits of a life time.

SaulGoodman
16-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I don't see how people should be 'disgusted' by two sets of fans singing the same song. It's only a bit of a laugh. Football doesn't have to be about hating each other.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't see how people should be 'disgusted' by two sets of fans singing the same song. It's only a bit of a laugh. Football doesn't have to be about hating each other.

:agree:

I wonder if someone can print a list of songs were are allowed to sing now, it would get rid of any confusion.

No refugee songs
no songs about how long someones tadger is
no mercer songs
no gay songs
no irish songs
no pope songs
no queen songs, unless its we are the champions. :wink:
Have i missed any?

Iggy Pope
17-02-2012, 12:46 AM
:agree:

I wonder if someone can print a list of songs were are allowed to sing now, it would get rid of any confusion.

No refugee songs
no songs about how long someones tadger is
no mercer songs
no gay songs
no irish songs
no pope songs
no queen songs, unless its we are the champions. :wink:
Have i missed any?

Beans on toast?
Cake and Custard.
Scud mags and Kleenex (copyright Hibbyradge)
:thumbsup:

Sodje_18
17-02-2012, 01:00 AM
If you don't want a mutual laugh at the huns fair enough, but to say it's because other teams will think we're 'mini-tims' is just daft.

Does anybody actually give a **** what other teams think of us? I for one don't, and so therefore would gladly have a good day out laughing at the huns demise even if it meant a sing a long with that lot. If it makes us mini sellick fans then I can see another 9 teams being called the same thing this weekend, everyone will be singing about them. **** Rangers, excluding moral superiority, when was the last time we held some form of superiority over them? It doesn't happen often so I intend to show it loudly :cb

Dinkydoo
17-02-2012, 05:55 AM
If it makes us mini sellick fans then I can see another 9 teams being called the same thing this weekend, everyone will be singing about them. **** Rangers, excluding moral superiority, when was the last time we held some form of superiority over them? It doesn't happen often so I intend to show it loudly :cb

You've missed the point, we are the only team playing Celtic this weekend.

Brizo
17-02-2012, 06:26 AM
We are in a relegation battle and I dont think it would be a good idea for us as a support to get sucked into the "party" atmosphere which will no doubt be emanating from the away end. That might be detrimental to the focus of the players if the songs from the home stands were mainly anti Rangers rather than pro Hibs.

Celtc will be gloating because theyve been handed the league but for us fans of other clubs and looking longer term its maybe a wee bit early to start gloating too much ..... if Arry Redknapp and Rosie the dug can get off with his court case anythings possible.

Having said that I dont object to the odd "haha" or "lets all laugh at Rangers" chant on Sunday or any other game. It doesnt make us "mini tims" and imho some folk on here seem too preoccupied with what other folk think of us. Our name and colours are sufficient for certain ignorant sections of Scottish society view us in a certain light and a few GIRUY chants about the sticky buns financial problems isnt going to change their opinion of us one way or the other.

.Sean.
17-02-2012, 07:01 AM

Deary me. If you're gonna 'enjoy' the songs that pile of **** will be singing, perhaps away and join them in the South stand.

marinello59
17-02-2012, 08:25 AM
I hope the Celtic fans singing is confined to the pre-match build up. Hopefully after the game kicks off they will have sod all reason to open their gobs and all talk of joining in with them is redundant.

--------
17-02-2012, 09:04 AM
why are some on here deviating away from huns woes wishing it were some other club?

let's behold this great situation!

RFC RIP

RFC RIP it won't be, though. Clubs go into administration, the administrators sort things out, buyers are found and the club goes on - it happened to Hibs, IIRC, and STF was the buyer. The only Scottish team that's gone into admin and died is Gretna, and anyone who equates Rangers with Gretna really needs to take a reality check for several months in a room with rubber wallpaper. It isn't going to happen.

We've had threads on here off and on for the past five years or so celebrating Hearts' imminent demise; last time I looked, they were still here and eight places farther up the league than us.

Rangers, like most other clubs that go into administration, will survive, and all the gloating that's going on will look REALLY REALLY STUPID in a few weeks' time.

However, don't let me stop you. Looking REALLY REALLY STUPID, that is.

NAE NOOKIE
17-02-2012, 09:20 AM
I dont doubt there will be a lot of songs about rangers from both sets of supporters on Sunday, possibly even at the same time.

But the bottom line here is that Hibs could do with at least a point this weekend and lets not forget that by the time this game kicks off we could be bottom of the SPL.

What we need to hear is a load of Hibs songs to encourage our players to get stuck into the game, because I for one am not so much thinking about celtic taking their foot off the gas as worried that they will be relaxed about the game and that will make them play better.

In fact I would say that over the years celtic have done a lot more damage to Hibs as a club than rangers have ever done. You dont see rangers fans at ER with banners calling us a feeder club. That sort of arrogance is to me a lot more irritating than a load of knuckle draggers singing songs about long gone scirmishes in a country most of them have never been to and in supposed support of a branch of a religion 95% of them dont even practice.

So IMO anything that would make other fans, or the public in general, think that us and celtic are some sort of buddies quite frankly makes me want to puke.

GGTTH

--------
17-02-2012, 09:48 AM
I dont doubt there will be a lot of songs about rangers from both sets of supporters on Sunday, possibly even at the same time.

But the bottom line here is that Hibs could do with at least a point this weekend and lets not forget that by the time this game kicks off we could be bottom of the SPL.

What we need to hear is a load of Hibs songs to encourage our players to get stuck into the game, because I for one am not so much thinking about celtic taking their foot off the gas as worried that they will be relaxed about the game and that will make them play better.

In fact I would say that over the years celtic have done a lot more damage to Hibs as a club than rangers have ever done. You dont see rangers fans at ER with banners calling us a feeder club. That sort of arrogance is to me a lot more irritating than a load of knuckle draggers singing songs about long gone scirmishes in a country most of them have never been to and in supposed support of a branch of a religion 95% of them dont even practice.

So IMO anything that would make other fans, or the public in general, think that us and celtic are some sort of buddies quite frankly makes me want to puke.

GGTTH

:agree: Two Scottish clubs have tried to destroy Hibs completely - Celtic in 1888 and Hearts in 1990. Unlike most of the Celtic supporters I've had the misfortune to meet, I know the history, and I have NO desire to be associated in any way with either group of 'fans'.

And, like you, I find the patronising arrogance of a major section of the Celtic support a lot more irritating than the imbecilities practised by a similar section of the Rangers support.

No one will ever assume that Hibs supporters and Rangers supporters are joined at the hip, but it's only too easy for people looking in from outside with no knowledge of Scottish football history to assume that Hibs are just a wee offshoot of the "real Fenian deal" in Glasgow. "Celtic Lite", in fact.

So the Celtic fans can sing whatever they like on Sunday; I HOPE we get at least a point from the game; I HOPE there's a good atmosphere in the ground to rouse our team; and I HOPE the Celtic support go home silenced and dismayed by an unexpected defeat.

Cameron1875
17-02-2012, 09:58 AM
We really need a result on sunday so the only songs i'll be singing are hibs ones thanks.

thekaratekid
17-02-2012, 06:45 PM
This game is going out across the entire country.

I will not be joining in with any of their songs. I'd be disappointed if large sections of our support did. They are our rivals.

Their support will be buoyed with events at Ibrox this week and there's every chance their supporters will make loads of noise for the full 90.

Support for our team and players is far more important IMO

Eyrie
17-02-2012, 06:59 PM
If we were playing Aberdeen or Kilmarnock this weekend, most people would readily sing anti-Hun songs.

So I don't see the fuss just because we happen to be playing their brothers in bigotry.

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2012, 10:23 PM
If the Hibs fans start a song and the smellies join in, will you stop singing that song?:wink:

7Hero
17-02-2012, 10:28 PM
sing along with septic, no thanks....

like clapping scott brown together cause he was leaving and they were steeling him like every other player...

no way...

only hibs matter....

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-02-2012, 10:30 PM
The Taxman has kicked the h***s in the nads and i'll enjoy a laugh at their expense no mater how disagreeable our guests are, thank you very much.

cabbageandribs1875
17-02-2012, 10:38 PM
sing along with septic, no thanks....like clapping scott brown together cause he was leaving and they were steeling him like every other player...no way...only hibs matter....aye, they stole him from us fer 5.5million :eek: i'm glad we decided not to report the theft :cb

p.s. **** the huns

7Hero
17-02-2012, 10:45 PM
aye, they stole him from us fer 5.5million :eek: i'm glad we decided not to report the theft :cb

p.s. **** the huns

so we got our moneys worth once !

any others ?

cabbageandribs1875
17-02-2012, 10:49 PM
so we got our moneys worth once !

any others ?

no, just the one, case dismissed :aok:

7Hero
17-02-2012, 10:54 PM
no, just the one, case dismissed :aok:

even collins at a million felt like somebody had ripped my heart out....

:flag::flag::flag:

cabbageandribs1875
17-02-2012, 10:58 PM
even collins at a million felt like somebody had ripped my heart out....

:flag::flag::flag:

would have been a lot less if it were not for JC making sure we got more(i cant remember the full facts) sellick desperately wanted him and some could argue we did very well out of that one as well :greengrin did JC not sign an extension or whatever to enable us to up the anti ?

7Hero
17-02-2012, 11:10 PM
would have been a lot less if it were not for JC making sure we got more(i cant remember the full facts) sellick desperately wanted him and some could argue we did very well out of that one as well :greengrin did JC not sign an extension or whatever to enable us to up the anti ?

I was in my teens when he left all i cared about was that my favourite hibs player had been sold. My dad said to me "Son, get used to it, they all leave"

he was right !

cabbageandribs1875
17-02-2012, 11:20 PM
I was in my teens when he left all i cared about was that my favourite hibs player had been sold. My dad said to me "Son, get used to it, they all leave"

he was right !

and they always will, if we could only strike it lucky and get a crop of youngsters like we got during the mowbray era, then let them get stolen for 5m a piece :greengrin

zlatan
18-02-2012, 02:25 AM
I hope the Celtic fans singing is confined to the pre-match build up. Hopefully after the game kicks off they will have sod all reason to open their gobs and all talk of joining in with them is redundant.

Given the week of solid hilarity they've had we would need to be 4 or 5 up before they stopped celebrating the huns current predicament.

Nakedmanoncrack
18-02-2012, 09:58 PM
If it was Celtic in the position Rangers are in and we were playing Rangers tomorrow I very much doubt if there would be a 'two sets of fans uniting in song' thread here, pathetic.
Will miss the game unfortunately, but at least I'll miss out on suffering an even more triumphalist than usual Celtic support.

frazeHFC
19-02-2012, 01:02 AM
If it was Celtic in the position Rangers are in and we were playing Rangers tomorrow I very much doubt if there would be a 'two sets of fans uniting in song' thread here, pathetic.
Will miss the game unfortunately, but at least I'll miss out on suffering an even more triumphalist than usual Celtic support.

Hate them both just the same, so makes no difference to me.

monktonharp
19-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Will miss the game unfortunately, but at least I'll miss out on suffering an even more triumphalist than usual Celtic support.If it were HMFC in the position that RFC are now in, wonder if the CFC fans reacted in the same way as the HFC fans,or sang along with them, at times during the game?:confused:

Hibernia Na Eir
19-02-2012, 01:48 AM
all very thoughtful. all very versed. all nice and all very, no doubt, sincere.
just remember, for one moment, that the institution that is Glasgow Rangers FC is the same institution that despises the very rock our club stands for/on. They HATE Hibernian. They HATE our colours. They HATE our name. They hate EVERYTHING we are.
Lest we forget.
GGTTH
IRWG

Hibrandenburg
19-02-2012, 04:22 AM
just remember, for one moment, that the institution that is Glasgow Rangers FC is the same institution that despises the very rock our club stands for/on. They HATE Hibernian. They HATE our colours. They HATE our name. They hate EVERYTHING we are.
Lest we forget.
GGTTH
IRWG

IRWG:confused:

The Institute for Research on Women and Gender? :confused:

Hainan Hibs
19-02-2012, 04:25 AM
Lest we forget.
GGTTH
IRWG

Who gives a ****?

Celtic nearly killed off our club, nearly ended our existence.

We have a change to get a bit of space between ourselves and the Pars, we could increase our chances by getting stuck into the 3000 Septic fans that come.

Instead, ********s like yourselves are creaming yourselves that you get to join in singing with fans you wish to be with each week instead of actually spending the 90 minutes supporting Hibs.

Do everyone a favour and **** off to Parkhead.

Hibrandenburg
19-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Lest we forget.
GGTTH
IRWG

By the way, would you like to expand on the very rock our club stands for? Got me quite confused with that one.

EasterRoad4Ever
19-02-2012, 04:32 AM
We should unite with Celtic fans in singing some of the favourite Rangers ditties to show Alex Salmon, the SPL, SFA, Government and media just how much we love our ailing Glasgow brothers. We heard them all again yesterday at Ibrox, so no excuse for not know the words :wink:

marinello59
19-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Lest we forget.
GGTTH
IRWG

Ca plane pour moi. Pogo Pogo. Lest we forget, a couple of the more palatable plastic songs for you to enjoy.

shagpile
19-02-2012, 07:41 AM
We should unite with Celtic fans in singing some of the favourite Rangers ditties to show Alex Salmon, the SPL, SFA, Government and media just how much we love our ailing Glasgow brothers. We heard them all again yesterday at Ibrox, so no excuse for not know the words :wink:

The way the SFA works[or doesn't work] this would mean the Hibs fans being trawled through the **** for singing sectarian/racist/bigoted songs.

Celtic meanwhile would be given a warning as it was'only a minority' of their fans could be heard singing.

Scotland 2012 buddy.That's how it is. That is how it has been for as long as i remember.

Deano_70
19-02-2012, 07:44 AM
What a totally pointless thread!!

We have more important stuff to be focussing on today like trying to open up a gap over Dunfermline. Why supporters are getting excited at the thought of singing a couple of songs with the Celtic support as opposed to making a racket for our team is beyond me. Do you think the Ranger support will sing with us when Hearts go to the wall?

I really hope that the only songs coming from Easter Road today are ones of encouragement to PF and the boys. The only thing I care about is Hibs, I couldn't give aabout Rangers, Celtic, Hearts or any other team for that matter!

Come on the cabbage!!

:flag:

Carheenlea
19-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Lest we forget.
GGTTH
IRWG

Think your getting a bit carried away. It's only days since we played a bounce game against them at East Mains.
Rangers were one of our few friends back in the beginning at a time when most clubs wouldn't give us the time of day.

Eyrie
19-02-2012, 10:31 AM
So if we're not meant to laugh at Rangers today, does that mean it was wrong to trade jokes about the Huns with Celtic-supporting friends this week?

Who we are playing should be irrelevant when taking the piss out of the Huns, and my only regret is that Celtic aren't in the same position.

Mixu62
19-02-2012, 10:41 AM
I'll happily laugh at rangers but we still need at least a point from this one. How about "the jambos are next!" for those who don't want to associate themselves with that lot?

Hibby70
19-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Here's a song

"We hope that you're next
We hope that you're neeeeexxtt
Two cheeks of the same arse
We hope that you're next"

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-02-2012, 12:50 PM
IRWG:confused:

The Institute for Research on Women and Gender? :confused:

What does it actually mean?

Houchy
19-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Let's all laugh at rangers while waving £20 notes in the air.

Golden Bear
19-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Hate them both just the same, so makes no difference to me.

My thoughts exactly.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Hello Hello, one bigot down and one to go.

--------
19-02-2012, 02:25 PM
What does it actually mean?

Well, it's nothing to do with the IRWG Community of Scholars - most of that lot can't read.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-02-2012, 04:12 PM
RFC RIP it won't be, though. Clubs go into administration, the administrators sort things out, buyers are found and the club goes on - it happened to Hibs, IIRC, and STF was the buyer. The only Scottish team that's gone into admin and died is Gretna, and anyone who equates Rangers with Gretna really needs to take a reality check for several months in a room with rubber wallpaper. It isn't going to happen.

We've had threads on here off and on for the past five years or so celebrating Hearts' imminent demise; last time I looked, they were still here and eight places farther up the league than us.

Rangers, like most other clubs that go into administration, will survive, and all the gloating that's going on will look REALLY REALLY STUPID in a few weeks' time.

However, don't let me stop you. Looking REALLY REALLY STUPID, that is.

I've not once mentioned that the huns will cease to be.....I merely gloat as administration is not a good position for any company to be in. I think you should check out what its consequents are though. the mere fact that this "famous Scottish institution" (and their following) are embarrassed is good enough for me. Their days of spending big are over.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-02-2012, 04:53 PM
The idea that us as Hibs fans have got anything to gloat about is absurd in our present position. Our only concern should be the desperate position WE are in. Laughing at the huns is all very well, personally its anger I feel as make no mistake they will emerge from this in a stronger position & without anyone bejng held responsible for cheating etc that they are guilty of. If there was any justice charges would be brought and they would at very least be expelled from the league and made to start at the bottom, its not going to happen.

Hibrandenburg
19-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Just got back in from work and obviously I must have missed a cracking day out. What with the game being a 5 goal spectacle and our friendly little sing-song. What was on the song sheet?

Alfred E Newman
19-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Well, did anyone join in the sing song today?
How anyone could have suggested that in the first place is beyond me. After having the unfortunate experience of walking down Easter Road in among the clarty, trakie bottomed, buckfast swilling tramps, it beggars belief that anyone on here could feel any affinity with that shower of wasters.
Anyone on here that does should be ashamed of themselves.

edinburghhibs
19-02-2012, 06:24 PM
We're struggling against relegation, and all a minority of bigots amongst the Hibs support want to do is to suck up to their Celtic heroes by trying to ally our club with these weegie low lifes? Unbelievable. Were you still "uniting" with your pals at 0-1? 0-2? 0-3? 0-4? 0-5? The final whistle?

.Sean.
19-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Who gives a ****?

Celtic nearly killed off our club, nearly ended our existence.

We have a change to get a bit of space between ourselves and the Pars, we could increase our chances by getting stuck into the 3000 Septic fans that come.

Instead, ********s like yourselves are creaming yourselves that you get to join in singing with fans you wish to be with each week instead of actually spending the 90 minutes supporting Hibs.

Do everyone a favour and **** off to Parkhead.

edinburghhibs
19-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Lest we forget.
GGTTH
IRWG
What has Rangers got to do with Hibs anyway? Hearts are our local rivals, not Rangers. So what if they hate our colours? They are the ignorant bigots - just like their Celtic counter parts. This has nothing to do with Hibs. And what do you mean they hate everything we are? We are a non sectarian team, with supporters from all walks of life, from the Capital city of Scotland, with a long and proud tradition. Let them hate that. I for one am proud of it.

TrinityHibs
19-02-2012, 07:48 PM
We're struggling against relegation, and all a minority of bigots amongst the Hibs support want to do is to suck up to their Celtic heroes by trying to ally our club with these weegie low lifes? Unbelievable. Were you still "uniting" with your pals at 0-1? 0-2? 0-3? 0-4? 0-5? The final whistle?

Wisnae many joining in next to me and some of those boys are not lovers of der hun. Bigots? suck up to CeltIc heroes? 0-1 0-2 etc? At least it wisnae 7 zip because that would have been a pub team peformance. Apologies if you're not a Yam but you sure smell like one

edinburghhibs
19-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm sure I remember similar happening at Hampden in 2001 with both sets of fans uniting in renditions of 'no huns at hampden' and 'no hearts at hampden'.
I was there, and don't recall both sets of fans uniting at all (thankfully), apart from a few deluded Celtic wannanbes amongst the Hibs support sucking up to their un-washed pals on the way to the game - pathetic then, and pathetic now. Were they still singing about "no Huns at Hampden" at 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, or when Celtic lifted the trophy? Your Celtic buddies have zero interest if Hearts were there or not - it's only Rangers they care about. Let's start focusing on the real issues at our own club.

edinburghhibs
19-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Wisnae many joining in next to me and some of those boys are not lovers of der hun. Bigots? suck up to CeltIc heroes? 0-1 0-2 etc? At least it wisnae 7 zip because that would have been a pub team peformance. Apologies if you're not a Yam but you sure smell like one
How on earth does anything I've said make me "smell like a yam"? I am a Hibs fan of 40 years and, like the majority of Hibs fans I know, have zero interest in any other club.

frazeHFC
19-02-2012, 09:10 PM
I smell a yam.

Paisley Hibby
19-02-2012, 10:38 PM
The idea that us as Hibs fans have got anything to gloat about is absurd in our present position. Our only concern should be the desperate position WE are in. Laughing at the huns is all very well, personally its anger I feel as make no mistake they will emerge from this in a stronger position & without anyone bejng held responsible for cheating etc that they are guilty of. If there was any justice charges would be brought and they would at very least be expelled from the league and made to start at the bottom, its not going to happen.

Very true sadly :agree:

20-02-2012, 11:51 AM
As much as i love laughing and making fun of the huns and their current situation, I would never join together with those disgusting, bigoted, inbred morons. I want absolutely nothing to do with them or have any association with them at all, even if it is to laugh at the huns.