PDA

View Full Version : Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178

Sylar
20-09-2012, 09:08 AM
An update courtesy of DG on hibs-list

Sky Sports breaking news The Rangers are to be reinstated into the Ramsden Cup following an investigation into Queen of the South players having duel contracts, one was found to be a brickie another one a plasterer and one a lolliepop man
McCoist has been in touch with Kate Middleton's lawyers. Apparently he doesn't want his tits seen again in public either.

:greengrin

Sky Sports breaking news - The Rangers are to be reinstated into the Ramsden Cup following an investigation into Queen of the South players having duel contracts, one was found to be a brickie, another one a plasterer, and one a lolliepop man

Proof that folk fae Monifieth cannae read properly :greengrin

Hibercelona
20-09-2012, 01:10 PM
SPL clubs "wont be so welcome" to Ibrox from now on according to Green.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/191090-charles-green-claims-some-spl-clubs-wont-be-welcome-at-ibrox/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I never realized that club's ever were well welcomed there. :confused:

johnrebus
20-09-2012, 01:15 PM

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/191090-charles-green-claims-some-spl-clubs-wont-be-welcome-at-ibrox/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Every utterance this man makes is calculated to get the Orc hordes on board.

Cannot believe that they don't see straight through him.

A match made in heaven.

:not worth

Phil MaGlass
20-09-2012, 01:20 PM

Bunch of inbreds, no one likes you and the rest of Scotland dont care, if they are going to make us unwelcome as you say nothings changed, so all the other SPL clubs have to do is make them more unwelcome and we will see who gets the rough end of the stick, being unwelcome twice a season is alot more worth it if they are to be made unwelcome everywhere they go,(if they ever manage to play an SPL club by ever winning in a 1st round game against QoS, Brechin etc,etc..... that is)

LeighLoyal
20-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Bunch of inbreds, no one likes you and the rest of Scotland dont care, if they are going to make us unwelcome as you say nothings changed, so all the other SPL clubs have to do is make them more unwelcome and we will see who gets the rough end of the stick, being unwelcome twice a season is alot more worth it if they are to be made unwelcome everywhere they go,(if they ever manage to play an SPL club by ever winning in a 1st round game against QoS, Brechin etc,etc..... that is)

Green: "Me and Sally sat there and know what happened."

No sh it Sherlock.

:fenlon

Leithenhibby
20-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Green: "Me and Sally sat there and know what happened."

No sh it Sherlock.

:fenlon

I demand the names, we must have "Transparency" .... :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
20-09-2012, 06:07 PM

Greene is a complete walloper.....I think that statement was a shocker, is he trying to incite trouble?? I really hope he gets sanctioned at every available opportunity. He is a disgrace, heading a vile disgraceful institution....He is pandering to the thicko masses, and will leave them high and dry again, when the money becomes available to him......

If I were a body working in the SFA, I would ensure that his every stupid utterance is punished, he knows or shows no remorse, just loves to play the martyr.......

Hibercelona
20-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Greene is a complete walloper.....I think that statement was a shocker, is he trying to incite trouble?? I really hope he gets sanctioned at every available opportunity. He is a disgrace, heading a vile disgraceful institution....He is pandering to the thicko masses, and will leave them high and dry again, when the money becomes available to him......

If I were a body working in the SFA, I would ensure that his every stupid utterance is punished, he knows or shows no remorse, just loves to play the martyr.......

Perhaps this is the "social unrest" they were claiming would occur unless Sevco were aloud direct access into the SPL.

What they forgot to mention was that all the social unrest would be caused by the orcs themselves.

Baldy Foghorn
20-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Perhaps this is the "social unrest" they were claiming would occur unless Sevco were aloud direct access into the SPL.

What they forgot to mention was that all the social unrest would be caused by the orcs themselves.

They can play the no-one likes us card again.....Poor poor huns......

Onion
20-09-2012, 06:41 PM

What a complete idiot the man is. The SPL & SFA should bring him to book for those comments as well. All he is doing is stoking up potential trouble on the field and among the supporters when the clubs he's talking about go to Hunbrox and at their away games. What a plonker.

grunt
20-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I thought he said the other day that The Rangers may decide not to go back into the SPL?

Billy Whizz
20-09-2012, 07:41 PM
I cannot believe this man would have got to the age he is if he was as stupid as he being with all things The Rangers.

I think he must still be working towards a doomsday scenario and all of these outbursts are to ensure it arrives.

He can't really believe that his team will compete in each of the leagues only to refuse promotion into the SPL.

He can't really believe he can hurl abuse and accusations at other teams and the ruling body without recourse.

He can't really believe Ally McCoist is a manager.

He can't really believe the club is the old club/new club/next club/putter and driver.

The man's a genius.

Is he the new Vlad?

Jim44
20-09-2012, 07:45 PM

I honestly believe there is a hint of insanity about Green. He is going to base his relationships with SPL clubs three years down the line ( more, if their present lack of progress continues) on the basis of vibes he picked up during 'the vote'. The SFA and SPL will have to grow balls and tell this maniac that his attitude/ behaviour will have to improve drastically and immediately ( a grovelling apology might be acceptable) if they are to be considered for re-entry to the SPL as and when the time comes.

stoobs
20-09-2012, 08:14 PM
"Why, for example, would Ross County spend all their life-time trying to get into the Premier League to find Rangers were not there? It's inconceivable."

He can go and get ****ed. His arrogance is unbelievable. Ross County would only want to be in the SPL if Rangers are there?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19661156

Spike Mandela
20-09-2012, 08:46 PM
He can go and get ****ed. His arrogance is unbelievable. Ross County would only want to be in the SPL if Rangers are there?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19661156

The thing that bugs me is that six to seven weeks in to the season and the BBC still have Rangers/charles Green stories on the BBC SPL page. I go there to avoid stories of the discredited cheats not to hear them bleating on about us. Do the BBC find it so hard to accept reality.:rolleyes:

LeighLoyal
20-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Maybe Green should be more worried about his Sevco Franchises dire pitch displays than what's going on three leagues higher. Give him credit though; he's in the gutter but looking at the stars, the jakey fudd.

matty_f
20-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Green should take care of what he's saying because he's in real danger of making Ibrix a very dangerous place to go for a lot if normal football fans because you can be sure that some Rangers fans will take that as an excuse for violence.
Hugely irresponsible statement, imho.

Sir David Gray
20-09-2012, 11:37 PM
That statement on Ross County beggars belief, the arrogance displayed by Green there is astonishing. :bitchy:

Is there no end to this nonsense from Sevco? The old club cheated for years, they went into liquidation, a brand new club was formed and was instructed to start life in the bottom division of Scottish football and work their way up, not as a punishment but as a natural way of treating any brand new football club.

Why is that so hard for them to understand? :confused:

frazeHFC
20-09-2012, 11:50 PM
It's like they are grading clubs on how 'anti-hun' they are. Well i hope we are top of that list, cos i frigging despise them. We are never welcomed there, and it should stay that way, just like they are never welcomed on our patch. FTH!

JohnStephens91
21-09-2012, 12:52 AM
My initial reaction to Green and his comments: :grr:

After cooling down for a while it turned to this: :giruy:

Then I had a read at Rangers(deceased)Media: :faf:

Looked at the SPL table and seen us in second place: :jmcp:

Then looked at where The Rangers FC 2012 were: :nanafunk:

down-the-slope
21-09-2012, 07:35 AM
The man is no idiot - his comments on RC are calculated...They say nothing and Green is proved right and a wedge develops with clubs...they issue a denial..then Green encourages minging hordes to add them to Ibrox Hit list...

Either way his playing to the gallery and reinforcing the siege / no one likes us mentality that makes for more cash in the Ibrox tills

Spike Mandela
21-09-2012, 07:57 AM
They are really hurting. Celtic in the Champions league, Hearts grabbing the financial woe headlines, Shiels spouting off pish getting all the publicity.

Rangers with their Div 3 football, despite how hard the MSM try, are an irrelavence. Even their shock exit from the Ramsdens cup isn't really a shock. We can expect a lot more of these utterances from Green through the season and especially if Motherwell knock them out the league cup,hopefully.

Green needs the oxygen of publicity and as we get into the grind of Oct-Dec drudgery in div 3 he is going to get even more desperate and he will go full bore on the EBT investigation. Bad publicity is better than no publicity.

jacomo
21-09-2012, 11:34 AM
They are really hurting. Celtic in the Champions league, Hearts grabbing the financial woe headlines, Shiels spouting off pish getting all the publicity.

Rangers with their Div 3 football, despite how hard the MSM try, are an irrelavence. Even their shock exit from the Ramsdens cup isn't really a shock. We can expect a lot more of these utterances from Green through the season and especially if Motherwell knock them out the league cup,hopefully.

Green needs the oxygen of publicity and as we get into the grind of Oct-Dec drudgery in div 3 he is going to get even more desperate and he will go full bore on the EBT investigation. Bad publicity is better than no publicity.

I keep seeing references to MSM. Is this shorthand for Mainstream Scottish Media?

grunt
21-09-2012, 11:40 AM
There is lots of talk, on this thread and on other forums, about how Charlie Green is just in it for the money, and how once he's made his profit he'll disappear. Can someone please explain how he proposes to make his money from Rangers? I realise that he's bought assets at a knockdown price - he's got the players for next to nowt, and paid a pittance for the land and buildings. But how does he exit with a wad of cash in his hand?

Also when people talk about the planned share issue. The last one, done by SDM, was a complete disaster, and that was when Rangers were riding high. How on Earth does Green expect that the Ibrox faithful will commit their money to his new share issue?

:confused:

Peevemor
21-09-2012, 11:52 AM
There is lots of talk, on this thread and on other forums, about how Charlie Green is just in it for the money, and how once he's made his profit he'll disappear. Can someone please explain how he proposes to make his money from Rangers? I realise that he's bought assets at a knockdown price - he's got the players for next to nowt, and paid a pittance for the land and buildings. But how does he exit with a wad of cash in his hand?

Also when people talk about the planned share issue. The last one, done by SDM, was a complete disaster, and that was when Rangers were riding high. How on Earth does Green expect that the Ibrox faithful will commit their money to his new share issue?

:confused:

Because Murray's share issue was to raise money to pay off debt and was diluted to the effect that even if 1 person bought all the shares, they still wouldn't have had a controlling interest. If Green gets a debt free Rangers back in the SPL then they'll be a very attractive proposition - probably worth 10 times the amount that Green paid.

Seveno
21-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Because Murray's share issue was to raise money to pay off debt and was diluted to the effect that even if 1 person bought all the shares, they still wouldn't have had a controlling interest. If Green gets a debt free Rangers back in the SPL then they'll be a very attractive proposition - probably worth 10 times the amount that Green paid.

But will they be debt free ? They currently owe Charlie £5m for starters. Will their revenue manage to stay ahead of their operating costs (and fines) as they scramble their way through the lower leagues ?

grunt
21-09-2012, 12:28 PM
But will they be debt free ? They currently owe Charlie £5m for starters. Will their revenue manage to stay ahead of their operating costs (and fines) as they scramble their way through the lower leagues ?
Good questions. When they were in administration, I'm sure it was said that they were losing £1m a month. That was with SPL revenues, plus a small amount of European income. I realise that their wage bill will have reduced, but so presumably must their income.

Fascinating times ahead.

Seveno
21-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I'd like to suggest that we, and other good football fans, start up an investment fund to assist the development of Elgin City and aid them in their challenge for the SFL 3 title. It shouldn't take too much cash.

If I win the Lottery tonight, £1m will be going their way tomorrow. :greengrin

ScottB
21-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm not so sure there will be a queue of buyers wanting them.

Yes, they have a large fan base to make money from, but consider the drawbacks:

There is no pot of gold in Scottish football, TV money is low, by the time they are back in the topflight we will likely still have only one CL place, with qualifying for the group stages a tough ask.

The fan base will demand all income is spent on players, making it difficult to take money out. Hell the fan base will demand they beat Celtic, who will be far stronger financially - a path into much more debt.

All the negatives the 'lunatic fringe' within said fan base bring.

Any impartial businessman / woman would just buy a Championship club and be done with it.

LeighLoyal
21-09-2012, 12:40 PM
I'd like to suggest that we, and other good football fans, start up an investment fund to assist the development of Elgin City and aid them in their challenge for the SFL 3 title. It shouldn't take too much cash.

Actually a good idea, mate. Somebody should pump some money into one of the three teams above Sevco. Would be so awesome if the cheats stay in SFL3.

Seveno
21-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Actually a good idea, mate. Somebody should pump some money into one of the three teams above Sevco. Would be so awesome if the cheats stay in SFL3.

I don't think they would stay in SFL3 though. If they don't win promotion first time round, they would be dead !

As promoter of this scheme, I would insist on the first go of the bulldozer. I'll let you have second. :greengrin

jgl07
21-09-2012, 01:13 PM

The problem is that a club like Rangers operating within the SPL will always be loss making unless they can guarantee regular appearances in the Champions' League group stages or beyond. Celtic have a stronger support base and a bigger stadium but even they will lose considerable sums if they do not have a decent Champions' League run. This issue is shared with the top Portuguese clubs.

The fans will demand top players and the income that Rangers can generate domestically will come nowhere near. Their prospects for Europe are declining year by year as the Scottish coefficient drops. Form next season only the first placed club makes the Champions League and they will have to face three qualifying rounds.

Rangers own coefficient will drop considerably during the four year absence from European competition so they will not be seeded in any round even assuming they win the SPL. They will not get the sort of easy qualification ride that Celtic had this year.

The debt free Rangers is something of an oxymoron. They got into debt in the past and they will do so in future because the fans will insist that they keep up with Celtic in terms of spending.

I doubt very much if they will be anywhere near debt free by the time they emerge from the SFL unless there is substantial investment. This could result of them falling foul of UEFA Financial Fair Play rules.

Kaiser1962
21-09-2012, 01:53 PM

What will be interesting will be to wait and see what Green values Sevco's assett's at.

greenginger
21-09-2012, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=jgl07;3364760]

Rangers own coefficient will drop considerably during the four year absence from European competition so they will not be seeded in any round even assuming they win the SPL. They will not get the sort of easy qualification ride that Celtic had this year.

Rangers will have no coefficient whatsoever if they return to Europe after their ban.

They are a new Club. EUFA won't be recognising Sevco's purchase of the dead clubs assets to include their coefficient.

Its a good argument ender if any hun tries to claim they are the same club.

LeighLoyal
21-09-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't think they would stay in SFL3 though. If they don't win promotion first time round, they would be dead !

As promoter of this scheme, I would insist on the first go of the bulldozer. I'll let you have second. :greengrin

Dead again? Some other jakey in a suit will buy them for a quid and claim they are the same club all over again. Failing that I bags 1st go on the demolition cannonball! Schwwwiiiing!!! :fenlon

Phil MaGlass
21-09-2012, 02:39 PM
What he is trying to do is keep them in the news, the more air time and coverage in the papers, (wether its bad news or not ) keeps the name and the club alive in folks minds.
Thats all it is, LOOK WERE STILL HERE

jacomo
21-09-2012, 02:41 PM

Why not give Hibs £1m to invest in our squad, then we can loan a few players to Elgin to help them out?

HoboHarry
21-09-2012, 02:42 PM
You can employ me as chairman then. Elgin's my home town and I have a vested interest....

alfie
21-09-2012, 02:48 PM

I'm sure I read somewhere that a Dons fans group were sponsoring a Berwick Rangers player, and possibly another supporters group were sponsoring another of their players.

'Mon the Elgin City! :greengrin

LeighLoyal
21-09-2012, 02:55 PM
You can employ me as chairman then. Elgin's my home town and I have a vested interest....

I might make my move in the next window if Elgin are there or thereabouts. A few decent additions could see the zombie hun back in their zombie hun graves. Euro millions providing of course. :wink:

WindyMiller
24-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Let the fun begin!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19702547

:pray:

ehf
24-09-2012, 04:41 PM
What I can't understand is this:

If found guilty of breaching the SFA's and the SPL's rules, one possible sanction is the stripping of league titles won during the period under investigation, a punishment the club have said they would strenuously challenge.

Is it not the case that, if they are found guilty of running dual contracts, the players involved were illegally registered, therefore not eligible to play, and the Huns automatically forfeit each match where this happened 0-3?

ancient hibee
24-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Green wants to be stripped of titles as this will get the numpties behind him-what he doesn't want is a financial penalty.

VickMackie
24-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Anyone seen the idiots on RM creaming themselves over green in the 'orange' NTL top from a few years back? Cringeworthy.

CropleyWasGod
24-09-2012, 06:30 PM

If found guilty of breaching the SFA's and the SPL's rules, one possible sanction is the stripping of league titles won during the period under investigation, a punishment the club have said they would strenuously challenge.

Is it not the case that, if they are found guilty of running dual contracts, the players involved were illegally registered, therefore not eligible to play, and the Huns automatically forfeit each match where this happened 0-3?

Can you imagine the can of worms that would then be opened? Every club that lost out in terms of league placing, European qualification, Cup-ties and promotion would be entitled to sue. And that's just in the domestic game.....:cb

However, I am not sure that they would have much of a case. Although the NewCo agreed to accept penalties from the SFA in return for being granted a licence, being sued by other clubs was not, AFAIK, part of the deal. Any legal action by other clubs would be against the OldCo, which hasn't a pot to micturate in.

Much better, IMO, for the SFA and SPL to hit NewCo with an almighty fine, to be distributed amongst the aggrieved clubs. We get cash, TRFC get rooked. Win-win. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2012, 06:33 PM

What i cant understand if this statement is true (The Scottish Premier League's chief executive Neil Doncaster declined to comment on reports they wanted Rangers to accept the loss of league titles.)

Is why the hell would it be up for discussion, they just have to tell them the titles they won were won by default, and have been withdrawn and awarded to the 2nd place teams?

Sevco have no say in the matter, never mind accepting it or not? :confused:

CropleyWasGod
24-09-2012, 06:44 PM
What i cant understand if this statement is true (The Scottish Premier League's chief executive Neil Doncaster declined to comment on reports they wanted Rangers to accept the loss of league titles.)

Is why the hell would it be up for discussion, they just have to tell them the titles they won were won by default, and have been withdrawn and awarded to the 2nd place teams?

Sevco have no say in the matter, never mind accepting it or not? :confused:

IMO, he is declining to comment because the case is still to be heard by the Independent Tribunal. It's up to them to decide the appropriate verdict and punishment, so it would be wrong of him to comment in advance. I think he's right to say nothing for now.

cocopops1875
24-09-2012, 06:50 PM
The whole idea of giving a team in Financial trouble " Financial penalties " is simply ridiculous to me :agree:

jgl07
24-09-2012, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=jgl07;3364760]

Rangers will have no coefficient whatsoever if they return to Europe after their ban.

They are a new Club. EUFA won't be recognising Sevco's purchase of the dead clubs assets to include their coefficient.

Its a good argument ender if any hun tries to claim they are the same club.

It will be irrelevant as they would have been out of Europe for five years and drop off the coefficent threshhold even if recognised as the same club. If Sevco get back into Europe they will start on the Scottish coefficient and will be right at the bottom.

CropleyWasGod
24-09-2012, 08:12 PM
The whole idea of giving a team in Financial trouble " Financial penalties " is simply ridiculous to me :agree:

Are they in financial trouble though?

cocopops1875
24-09-2012, 09:49 PM
They will be soon enough lol, I get your point CWG I meant it more as a general statement, like hearts not paying wages and they might get fined seems daft LET'S JUST START DOCKING POINTS

ballengeich
24-09-2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/the-people-together/

This is just what our country needs. I hope that no netters will be so petty as to emulate some of the misguided souls who have tried to undermine the petition by posting entries with false names and comments not wholly supportive of our country's leading sporting institution.

PatHead
24-09-2012, 10:56 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19708535

So the old chairman says it was well known we were paying people under the counter. Those Celtic people knew all the time so it is their fault.They are all bad.

(By the way if I don't mention dual contracts the press won't say anything bad about us.)

greenginger
24-09-2012, 11:04 PM

If the Orcs knew their hard eared or otherwise obtained Wonga that was going to used to buy shares in Chuckies new share issue, was going to be deducted from the True Blues and then distributed to the Clubs who had already punished them, then I think the re-capitalision plans may fail.

Love to see it though, perhaps they should wait until they've bought the shares before imposing an eye-watering fine of several millions. :greengrin

basehibby
24-09-2012, 11:06 PM

This is just what our country needs. I hope that no netters will be so petty as to emulate some of the misguided souls who have tried to undermine the petition by posting entries with false names and comments not wholly supportive of our country's leading sporting institution.

:faf::faf::faf: sheesh man you couldnae make that up!

steakbake
24-09-2012, 11:12 PM

Absolutely laughable. It's so poor, it almost deserves pity. How many hard done by Unionist, Protestant Loyalists want protected status from the dreadful unfairness that dogs their everyday lives AND a simultaneous inquiry into the handling of a football league?

stoobs
24-09-2012, 11:27 PM
This is probably the longest piece I've seen about Rangers in a while, but its interesting.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/lord-nimmo-smith-and-rangers-the-judge-sets-the-gound-rules/

He brings up a few decent points:
1) Rangers FC are a separate entity from the owning company (Oldco and Newco) and thus are a continuation of the club. I know its been debated back and forth on here, but from the way the club is being discussed in the documents from the tribunal, it looks like it is now confirmed as all one thing.

2) From what I can tell, Oldco, rather than Newco, will be liable for any fines etc that may be brought upon the Rangers FC club

3) The SPL has no direct jurisdiction over Newco (as its never been a member of the SPL), but they do over Oldco and Rangers FC (but only during the years that they fell under the SPL). As Rangers FC is a continuing entity, any past digressions CAN be punished and brought onto the club

4) Both Oldco and Newco were going to go to the hearing until they both pulled out at the last second, under legal advice

5) However, if they don't turn up, it will be incredibly hard for them to appeal anything, as it will be easy to argue that they could have avoided an appeal by turning up to the tribunal and arguing their case in the first place.

Spike Mandela
25-09-2012, 05:29 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19708535

So the old chairman says it was well known we were paying people under the counter. Those Celtic people knew all the time so it is their fault.They are all bad.

(By the way if I don't mention dual contracts the press won't say anything bad about us.)

Yip, the old protagonists are ratcheting up the pressure in the press with their old press buddies giving them the soapbox they need. Clearly, ****ting themselves.

Wait till we start getting the Traynor 'opinion' pieces on the build up to the commission verdict.:rolleyes:

Caversham Green
25-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Here's the draft agreement Green was talking about. It looks like the SPL/SFA did want to remove the huns' titles without an inquiry - see page 5.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/read-the-secret-dossier-on-rangers-title-1340691

The thing is, to get to the stage of a draft agreement as comprehensive as this all parties must have discussed and agreed what was in it. In other words Green was willing to accept the sanctions so long as he got into SFL1. Sadly for him, we've seen that it wasn't within the powers of the authorities to grant that so that provision should not be in the agreement. A surprising lack of competence all round IMO.

Edit: Not sure how that smiley got there....

Hibercelona
25-09-2012, 08:03 AM
I see that fat slavering Jim Traynor was spouting more pish in the papers yesterday about the apparently skint SPL.

The mans clearly on suicide watch and shouldn't be aloud anywhere near sharp edges (including paper).

Steve-O
25-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Huns showing their true colours here... http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4555393/TV-Raman-and-Rangers-fans-in-race-row.html :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
25-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Huns showing their true colours here... http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4555393/TV-Raman-and-Rangers-fans-in-race-row.html :rolleyes:

Don't know what they're getting so worked up about. :rolleyes:

It's a well known fact that Rangers fans have a love-in with any current England captain.

JimBHibees
25-09-2012, 09:57 AM
I see that fat slavering Jim Traynor was spouting more pish in the papers yesterday about the apparently skint SPL.

The mans clearly on suicide watch and shouldn't be aloud anywhere near sharp edges (including paper).

Also interesting that he now frequently drops into the conversations on the radio that Rangers in Div 3 was the right thing, he has changed his tune big time and IMO it is staggering that him, Dodds and Dung are still working for the impartial BBC after massively showing their colours during the summer.

--------
25-09-2012, 10:48 AM
This is probably the longest piece I've seen about Rangers in a while, but its interesting.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/lord-nimmo-smith-and-rangers-the-judge-sets-the-gound-rules/

He brings up a few decent points:
1) Rangers FC are a separate entity from the owning company (Oldco and Newco) and thus are a continuation of the club. I know its been debated back and forth on here, but from the way the club is being discussed in the documents from the tribunal, it looks like it is now confirmed as all one thing.

2) From what I can tell, Oldco, rather than Newco, will be liable for any fines etc that may be brought upon the Rangers FC club

3) The SPL has no direct jurisdiction over Newco (as its never been a member of the SPL), but they do over Oldco and Rangers FC (but only during the years that they fell under the SPL). As Rangers FC is a continuing entity, any past digressions CAN be punished and brought onto the club

4) Both Oldco and Newco were going to go to the hearing until they both pulled out at the last second, under legal advice

5) However, if they don't turn up, it will be incredibly hard for them to appeal anything, as it will be easy to argue that they could have avoided an appeal by turning up to the tribunal and arguing their case in the first place.

Boy! that's hard reading. My head hurts.

I did pick up that the writer reckons that either Charlie Green and his lawyers or the commission and lawyers on their side have been lying about who wrote what to whom and who answered whom and when.

Which means that either Charlie or Lord Nimmo Smith is a liar - or being deliberately devious and economical with the truth and transparency.

This also raises the point that perhaps SuperAlly was the beneficiary of an EBT or two ....

SuperAlly, at the fiddle? Shurely shome mishtake there? :devil:

TheEastTerrace
25-09-2012, 10:55 AM
The Rangers PR machine is in full swing. They are clearly out to muddy the waters and Alastair Johnston's statement last night via RST is a clear case point. He raises some interesting points I admit, but he's still skirting around the real issue - that whether all payments to players were declared in contracts provided to the SPL and SFA. They may have used the EBTs and yes they were declared in their accounts. But were the payments via EBTs included in the contracts provided to the authorities? It is alleged they were not.

It galls me that the media in this country are still giving Rangers employees, past and present, a soapbox without asking them the questions that need answered.

matty_f
25-09-2012, 11:07 AM
The Rangers PR machine is in full swing. They are clearly out to muddy the waters and Alastair Johnston's statement last night via RST is a clear case point. He raises some interesting points I admit, but he's still skirting around the real issue - that whether all payments to players were declared in contracts provided to the SPL and SFA. They may have used the EBTs and yes they were declared in their accounts. But were the payments via EBTs included in the contracts provided to the authorities? It is alleged they were not.

It galls me that the media in this country are still giving Rangers employees, past and present, a soapbox without asking them the questions that need answered.

That's spot on, the issue is not the EBT's but rather that all payments relating to the players' employment were not disclosed to the SPL (or SFA, whichever one holds them).

MB62
25-09-2012, 11:26 AM

did you have to say that so 'allowed'? I have a sore head reading all this :wink: :greengrin

Peevemor
25-09-2012, 11:33 AM
That's spot on, the issue is not the EBT's but rather that all payments relating to the players' employment were not disclosed to the SPL (or SFA, whichever one holds them).

There's also the issue in the eyes of the taxman of whether contractual payments also came from the EBT (which definitely isn't allowed). Silly Dodds confirmed in the Herald that he received an agreed sum of money "after tax" (which had been written in his contract) via the EBT, meaning no tax was paid.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/i-refuse-to-believe-major-players-evaded-paying-millions-in-tax.17704904

Spike Mandela
25-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Latest Alex Thomson blog.........

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rulebooks-apply-rangers/2743#more-2743

LeighLoyal
25-09-2012, 12:10 PM

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rulebooks-apply-rangers/2743#more-2743

I liked his summation:

"Anybody wanting short-cut deals, five-way negotiations and two-tier parachutes should be offered medication by Hampden Park then shown the door in future.

The rulebook’s there – simply apply it without fear or favour."

This is how it should be dealt with. No fudges or obfuscations! If they cheated, they get treated the same as any member club. Glasgow media monkey's, please take note. :aok:

alfie
25-09-2012, 12:12 PM

Once again, he gets it spot on! There is a rulebook for a reason - use it. Doncaster and his minions should be charged with bringing scottish football into disrepute.

Hoist them by their own petards! :agree:

StevieC
25-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Doncaster and his minions should be charged with bringing scottish football into disrepute.

Just when they thought it was safe to go back in the water ...

It highlights the corruption at the top level and how much "behind the scenes" negotiating was on the go to keep Rangers in the SPL.

The ironic bit is that everything (hush hush) that was discussed with Green was to try and benefit Rangers, and all that he has achieved by leaking this document is to shaft those that were trying to shaft everyone else! They'll probably be removed from office sooner rather than later now and he'll not have anyone left in power willing to bend over and take one for the huns ..

.. unless of course they give the job to Jim Traynor?

Jack Hackett
25-09-2012, 06:01 PM

In the words (if not the spelling) of that eloquent homogenius Oscar Wilde

'Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by ra peepul for ra peepul'

Spike Mandela
25-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Boom!! Green's latest statement torn to shreds for the comedy script it is.......

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/charles-greens-latest-rangers-statement-18-paragraphs-wrong-in-17/

LeighLoyal
26-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Boom!! Green's latest statement torn to shreds for the comedy script it is.......

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/charles-greens-latest-rangers-statement-18-paragraphs-wrong-in-17/

We need a nickname for Green along the lines of Mad Vlad. It's all for "horde digestion" in advance of a Sevco share issue I know, but all the same, the guy's statements read like the work of a rambling hun FF poster. Torn to shreds by McConville.

Gettin' Auld
26-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Once again, he gets it spot on! There is a rulebook for a reason - use it. Doncaster and his minions should be charged with bringing scottish football into disrepute.

Hoist them by their own petards! :agree:

Sounds painful. :greengrin

alfie
26-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Sounds painful. :greengrin

we live in hope! :greengrin

WindyMiller
26-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Spiers on Sport: Green and Murray should both testify at SPL probehttp://www.heraldscotland.com/sites/default/files/gssmall_0.jpg (http://www.heraldscotland.com/spiers-on-sport)
Spiers on Sport (http://www.heraldscotland.com/spiers-on-sport)
Graham Spiers

"I am still trying to get my head around the senselessness of Charles Green and Rangers FC refusing to have any truck with the SPL’s investigation conducted by Lord Nimmo Smith into the alleged EBTs misdemeanours at the club.

inShare (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-green-and-murray-should-both-testify-at-spl-probe.1348610579)
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/sdm.jpg

Nimmo Smith has been widely quoted in the past few days, but one plea he made that has virtually gone unnoticed was that anyone associated with Oldco or Newco Rangers, who believe they have a plea of mitigation to make about the club, should come forward and speak to the commission.
What are Rangers so scared of? Why did the club obfuscate in passing on relevant documentation? What is there to hide?
If Rangers are innocent of an alleged dual-contracts scam – and they may well be – then why does the club not step forward and argue its case?
At one stage, with a week to go before the commission’s preliminary hearing of September 11, Green and Newco Rangers were prepared to go and talk to Nimmo Smith. But, with a day to go, they swiftly changed their mind.
To quote Nimmo Smith verbatim from his preparatory notes on the Rangers hearings to be held in November: “Oldco and Rangers FC will continue to have the right to appear and be represented at the hearings and make submissions as they see fit.”
A few pages further on in his notes, and applying his desire to have all evidence and all voices considered in this saga, Nimmo Smith adds: “We [hope] that Oldco, Newco and any other person claiming an interest and wishing to appear will give intimation to that effect. We wish to emphasise that the doors remain open to Oldco and Newco to appear and be represented…”
Never mind Charles Green’s antics, what about Sir David Murray? Given Nimmo Smith and his commission’s desire to establish clear blue water between itself and the SPL, what can possibly stop Murray from coming forward to give his side of the story?
Nimmo Smith chose his words carefully in terms of testimony about EBTs: “…any other person claiming an interest…”
In this Rangers saga, I can think of no viable person who suits those words more than Murray, the man who set the Ibrox club on the fateful course of EBTs in the first place.
Murray avows that Rangers are innocent. He claims this is a stitch-up by people – whoever the heck they might be – to damage Rangers. Murray says the EBTs, the famed “legal loophole” to paying taxes, were used properly and legitimately.
I severely doubt Murray’s interpretation on this but, more than that, I want him to be given his chance to come before the commission to protest his and Rangers’ innocence.
Can someone provide a single valid reason why Murray would not to come before – or present evidence to – Nimmo Smith?
The SPL and SFA have been flawed in their handling of the Rangers case – everyone can see it. But the SPL is trying to make up for that by ensuring that its claim that Rangers FC warrants an investigation will be a claim carried out with the utmost impartiality and clarity.
You have to be a conspiracy theorist of fantasist proportions to somehow believe that Nimmo Smith and his two QCs, Nicholas Stewart and Charles Flint, are “agenda-driven” or “biased” in any way. This commission will once and for all cut through the cant and farrago of this case and reach a judgement on all its available evidence.
Nimmo Smith, Stewart and Flint, apart from their renown in judicial matters, appear to have impeccable credentials. This is a costly exercise for the SPL, but it is worth it. Personally, I will very happily embrace this commission’s guilty or innocent verdict on Rangers, for those very reasons.
In the EBTs/dual contracts controversy, Rangers face two imminent announcements: the tribunal on the so-called “big tax case” and then the Nimmo Smith hearing. The two are subtly linked: one is about EBTs and alleged tax evasion, the other is about player contracts and disclosure.
This story, with its claim and counter-claim, is more complex than anyone could imagine. Rangers could win one case and lose the other, or win or lose both.
My own hunch, given what I’ve been told, is that Rangers have been in the wrong. But far more able scrutineers than me might find otherwise.
Why Rangers FC, Green or Murray would not want to go before Nimmo Smith and present their case, remains baffling."

At least an attempt to ask some questions!

grunt
27-09-2012, 02:15 PM
http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2308-bbc-complaint-lodged

BBC Complaint Lodged

RANGERS Football Club has lodged a formal complaint with the BBC following what it regards as a tasteless opening title sequence for last night’s live League Cup TV coverage.

The Light Blues have today been inundated with emails and phone calls from supporters who are – rightly, in our opinion - furious with the way the programme began.
It started with an animated montage which depicted a Rangers official, clearly manager Ally McCoist, falling from an office window at Ibrox and smashing a club crest.
The incident follows a discussion on BBC Radio Scotland show Off The Ball on Saturday entitled ‘Super Ally or Fat Sally’, which questioned whether fans still backed McCoist.
While the manager is known for his good sense of humour, he is both angry and disgusted by the BBC’s treatment both of him personally and of the club.
As such, Rangers have made contact with the BBC this morning asking why they have chosen to act in such a manner and we await their response.

johnbc70
27-09-2012, 02:48 PM
They are really getting into this "us against the world' siege mentality. Suppose it's a rallying call and hoardes will lap it up.

StevieC
27-09-2012, 03:02 PM
"Green told RangersTV: 'I met Sir David for the first time yesterday. Indeed I hadn't even spoken with him before.
'We had a good chat and we talked about a number of subjects.
'Sir David is really keen to help the club. I welcome that and I appreciate the time we spent together.
'He has some clear views in terms of EBTs and there is no-one knows better than Sir David about that and he is prepared to do whatever is required to set the record straight.'"

Murray's knowledge of the EBT's and contracts may well have been able to shed more light on things for the investigation ... just a shame that Green, and The Rangers, have refused to assist! :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
27-09-2012, 03:12 PM
They are really getting into this "us against the world' siege mentality. Suppose it's a rallying call and hoardes will lap it up.

Yep "no-one likes us, we dont care".

Keith_M
27-09-2012, 03:14 PM
I just wanted to congratulate the plucky little 3rd division side that beat top of the SPL Motherwell.

It's an amazing achievement for a club that was only formed 2 months ago and have never before played against a team from such a lofty league as the SPL. This must be the highest point (having never yet won a single trophy) so far in their existence.

If you think of the difference in wage levels and gate income between the two teams, what with this new team being restricted to a maximum of 5 figure wages (per week), it makes it all the more amazing.

I predict that sometime soon they'll be appearing at Hampden Park. Remember, you heard it here first. :thumbsup:

Greendub
27-09-2012, 03:24 PM
I think this thread should be deleted, feel free to post on gers.net

#FromTheCapital
27-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I think they'll be the first team to ever get promoted 3 times in 2 seasons, which would be an amazing acheatment. Impossible is nothing when you don't do walking away.

JeMeSouviens
27-09-2012, 03:38 PM

Or as Christopher Brookmyre noted:

"We are Rangers Super Rangers
No-one likes us .... and it appears we may have failed to anticipate some of the long-term ramifications of this"

He also said:

"Rangers are like a guy who has visited a prostitute for 30 years and is trying to convince himself he caught VD from the toilet seat"

JimBHibees
27-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Or as Christopher Brookmyre noted:

"We are Rangers Super Rangers
No-one likes us .... and it appears we may have failed to anticipate some of the long-term ramifications of this"

He also said:

"Rangers are like a guy who has visited a prostitute for 30 years and is trying to convince himself he caught VD from the toilet seat"

Very good have always liked his writing. :greengrin

DAVE1875
27-09-2012, 03:48 PM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/092009/1253885876_suicide.gif

green glory
27-09-2012, 03:50 PM

And they are of course completely correct. No one does like them.

Maybe it's because they're bigoted, cheating *****ing vermin.

The_Horde
27-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Well done to Sevco on the greatest win in their short history, I'm sure they'll be selling the dvd in the club store soon.

YehButNoBut
27-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Seemingly Sandaza is out for the rest of this year with a broken cheek bone, shame as they will not be able to sign a replacement. :greengrin

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/192231-rangers-lose-francisco-sandaza-for-rest-of-2012-with-cheekbone-fracture/

Golden Bear
27-09-2012, 04:57 PM
There's no end to big cup ties for Sevco these days.

They now have a mouth watering away clash against Forres Mechanics in the second round of the Scottish Cup on Saturday.

I'm in awe - honest.

:rolleyes:

green glory
27-09-2012, 05:03 PM
There's no end to big cup ties for Sevco these days.

They now have a mouth watering away clash against Forres Mechanics in the second round of the Scottish Cup on Saturday.

I'm in awe - honest.

:rolleyes:

Mouth watering?

Bowel loosening for Sally McMoist if he loses that one.

Ozyhibby
27-09-2012, 05:09 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/092009/1253885876_suicide.gif

Is that Dougie Howser M.D. ?

DAVE1875
27-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Is that Dougie Howser M.D. ?

You're half-right, Neil Patrick Harris in How I Met Your Mother

Keith_M
27-09-2012, 05:44 PM

Feel free to go to a hospital and have your sense of Irony/Humour re-installed.

Does anyone have a 'whoosh' smiley?

Ozyhibby
27-09-2012, 05:44 PM
You're half-right, Neil Patrick Harris in How I Met Your Mother

Cool, what's he doing on Hibs.net?

ancient hibee
27-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Thought Motherwell were pathetic-typical SPL players against the old firm -they should be ashamed at the way they've been shown up by various teams of part timers who just got stuck in .

Greendub
27-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Feel free to go to a hospital and have your sense of Irony/Humour re-installed.

Does anyone have a 'whoosh' smiley?

I think your right

I looked like a fanny when it was an individual thread, now I look like a even bigger fanny...

lol

Seveno
27-09-2012, 06:55 PM
We need a nickname for Green along the lines of Mad Vlad. It's all for "horde digestion" in advance of a Sevco share issue I know, but all the same, the guy's statements read like the work of a rambling hun FF poster. Torn to shreds by McConville.

how about ' the Yorkshire Lipper ' ?

johnrebus
27-09-2012, 07:38 PM
"Green told RangersTV: 'I met Sir David for the first time yesterday. Indeed I hadn't even spoken with him before.
'We had a good chat and we talked about a number of subjects.
'Sir David is really keen to help the club. I welcome that and I appreciate the time we spent together.
'He has some clear views in terms of EBTs and there is no-one knows better than Sir David about that and he is prepared to do whatever is required to set the record straight.'"

Murray's knowledge of the EBT's and contracts may well have been able to shed more light on things for the investigation ... just a shame that Green, and The Rangers, have refused to assist! :rolleyes:

Great stuff.

However, a normal person in Charlie's position, would probably have said, ' right, so you're the **** who got us into all this? '

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Great stuff.

However, a normal person in Charlie's position, would probably have said, ' right, so you're the **** who got us into all this? '

And a normal person would have said to Charlie.... "how the F did you get all that for £5.5m?":greengrin

johnrebus
27-09-2012, 07:43 PM
And a normal person would have said to Charlie.... "how the F did you get all that for £5.5m?":greengrin

Hmmm, but has he though?

:devil:

Hibs Class
27-09-2012, 07:47 PM

The big green lying machine?

The Green Goblin
27-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Just ignore it? :greengrin

DAVE1875
27-09-2012, 08:44 PM

Shooting himself with his fingers

Greendub
28-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Just ignore it? :greengrin

Canni dae it captain, hate gers too much lol

Keith_M
28-09-2012, 09:14 AM
I think your right

I looked like a fanny when it was an individual thread, now I look like a even bigger fanny...

lol

No problems mate, I do it regularly myself :wink:

The Green Goblin
28-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Canni dae it captain, hate gers too much lol

Completely understandable. :greengrin

grunt
28-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Jane Lewis ‏@JaneLewisSport No radio or TV interviews on the BBC from #Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/search/?q=%23Rangers&src=hash) 2day. Sorry about that folks - BBC not invited 2 2days media conference.

John_the_angus_hibby
28-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Jane Lewis ‏@JaneLewisSport No radio or TV interviews on the BBC from #Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/search/?q=%23Rangers&src=hash) 2day. Sorry about that folks - BBC not invited 2 2days media conference.

Wow, a wee 3rd Division side a bit above themselves or what! Do they realise they are just doing the rest of the footballing world a favour? Less Sevco nonsense clogging up my TV/Internet etc. life ban please guys!

PatHead
28-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Wow, a wee 3rd Division side a bit above themselves or what! Do they realise they are just doing the rest of the footballing world a favour? Less Sevco nonsense clogging up my TV/Internet etc. life ban please guys!

Sad thing is that the lead story on BBC Sport will probably be about not getting into the press conference.:rolleyes:

JeMeSouviens
28-09-2012, 12:54 PM
We haven't had much for the accountants to get their teeth into recently, so here's an interesting post on scottishfootballmonitor (son of the RTC blog) ...

goosygoosy says:
September 27, 2012 at 21:53

Well well well
Some news from the Spivs
Whyte’s Liberty Corporate applied to be liquidated on 25 Sept 2012 (See notice at Companies House)
That’s interesting because………
Liberty Corporate holds a floating charge over the assets of Whyte’s RFCG. It is wholly owned by Whyte’s BVI co Liberty Capital
RFCG hold a £27.5M floating charge over the Ibrox and MP assets of RFC (I.A.)
So
In the world of Spivery the liquidation of Liberty Corporate has only one meaning
It means Craig Whyte’s floating charge over RFC(IA) is alive and well and getting ready to move somewhere even safer than Liberty Corporate
And
If Craig Whyte’s floating charge over RFC (IA) assets is alive and well the one place it will certainly not be at present is in the RFC(IA) List of Creditors where the departure of assets makes it worthless.
Meaning
The RFCG floating charge must have ceased being an RFC (IA) debt as part of the deal under which Sevco 5088 acquired the assets of RFC (IA) for £5.5m
The $64 question now is:
Which Co now holds the RFCG floating charge?
It has not been registered as an fc charge against either Sevco5088 or Sevco Scotland.
So where is it?
The answer I reckon lies in the structure of the Sale Agreement
Under this agreement a company called “Sevco” were committed to buy certain assets if the CVA sale to Sevco 5088 was rejected by Creditors People thought that “Sevco” and Sevco5088 were the same company.
This sale duly took place. The title deeds for Ibrox and MP assets were transferred from RFC (IA) to separate legal entity, Sevco Scotland apparently without passing through the books of Sevco 5088. If they had passed through the books of Sevco 5088 then Sevco5088 would have been obliged to register any floating charges that moved with these assets. This did not happen.
We know the Scottish Sports Council had a floating charge over MP and were a Creditor of RFC (IA). On 6 July 2012 Sevco Scotland registered this SSC floating charge at Companies House. This suggested it was legal for a floating charge to be reassigned from RFC (IA) direct to Sevco Scotland without passing through Sevco 5088 books and thus having to be registered by Sevco5088
So if it was legal to assign the SSC floating charge to an independent legal entity Sevco Scotland then it was equally possible to reassign the RFCG floating charge to yet another independent legal entity
Here’s what may have happened
Assume that both Sevco5088 and Sevco Scotland are owned by a parent company called Sevco plc. which is registered offshore (perhaps in the BVI where Liberty Capital is registered)
Sevco as parent co of Sevco5088 is also legally entitled to buy RFC (IA) assets for £5.5m This seems a bargain price particularly since it will be reduced by £2.75m if players refuse to be transferred for a fee. Since this happened in practice the real purchase price was probably around £2.75m
Sevco plc. was able to acquire these assets for a bargain £2.75m because it accepted responsibility for a Ticketus contract and 3 floating charge debts owed to RFCG, Close Leasing and the Scottish Sports Council
So
D&P are instructed that everything bought from RFC (IA) by Sevco 5088 is to be transferred from RFC (IA) to Sevco plc. This allows Sevco5088 to drop out of the picture altogether. We thus move from a scenario where RFC (IA) assets are being sold to a UK Co (Sevco5088) to one where RFC (IA) assets are being sold to an offshore co (Sevco plc.)
Sevco plc. then transfers the SSC floating charge plus Ibrox and MP to its subsidiary co Sevco Scotland. This means Sevco Scotland owes its parent co big bucks for these valuable assets
Sevco plc. retains the Ticketus contract together with the RFCG and Close Leasing floating charges. over Ibrox and MP. As an offshore co Sevco plc. Is not obliged to register the RFCG and Close Leasing floating charges at Companies House.
By taking on these floating charges Sevco plc. have to pay Whyte £27.5m (or whatever lower figure they agree) to cancel the FC .Similarly , Sevco plc. have to pay Close Leasing to cancel their FC
We thus end up with the following situation
Sevco Scotland owe their parent co for the value of the assets transferred (perhaps the £50m recently quoted by a Sevco Scotland Director)
Sevco plc. owe CW some agreed figure to cancel out his floating charge
Sevco plc. owe Ticketus the right to sell £27m of STs over the next few years
A share issue takes place which enables Sevco Scotland to reduce its debt to parent co Sevco plc.
Sevco plc. Then pay off Close Leasing and RFCG with some of the fund raising proceeds
Ticketus get a staged payment on their £27m debt as their share of the fund raising
Everybody lives happily ever after
Apart from TRFC the “football club” which is stuck with debt owed to its parent co Sevco plc. and a Ticketus deal that will last for years
Plus of course
Any fans who think that by investing in the fundraising they will be getting better quality players on the park

Caversham Green
28-09-2012, 02:08 PM
We haven't had much for the accountants to get their teeth into recently, so here's an interesting post on scottishfootballmonitor (son of the RTC blog) ...

That all looks seriously flawed to me.

The first flaw is that while there was a floating charge in favour of Craig Whyte's companies, there was no relevant debt according to the documents issued by D&P. In any case floating charges don't attach themselves to specific assets in the way that fixed charges do, so a floating charge wouldn't move to Sevco with Ibrox, Murray Park etc. Besides which, the properties were not owned by RFCG, so the floating charge could not relate to those assets.

On the Sevco side, it seems pretty clear that the assets were sold to Sevco (Scotland) Ltd. While it's possible that they have since been sold on, the offshore Sevco plc looks like a figment of sheer fantasy. It will become clear if they still belong to Sevco (Scotland) Ltd - now The Rangers Football Club Ltd - if and when they seek to become a plc and issue shares because they will issue a prospectus outlining the assets owned.

In other words, I'm not entirely convinced.

R'Albin
28-09-2012, 03:02 PM

Winning - as always.

The Hibee Harp
28-09-2012, 08:01 PM
If this Link is accurate it seems Charles Green will do anything to whip up hysteria amongst the blue hordes. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/jf4juv

Why is he meeting with the Ulster Unionist Party Leader? well, we know but you know what I mean!
A couple of other points - Rangers wont play in the SPL again whilst he's involved
Orange top rearing it's ugly head again

One thing this whole Rangers saga has done is to set Scotland back many, many years because to me it appears there is far more noisy bigots than before.

RosComain
28-09-2012, 08:39 PM
^yup. Core values really come to the fore in times of adversity. Totally rotten institution.

joe breezy
28-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Backward bassas

Perhaps they should just stay in Northern Ireland...?

Tynie01011973
28-09-2012, 09:24 PM
http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/192429-rangers-demand-clear-and-unambiguous-apology-from-bbc-for-mad-men-montage/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Diddy club feign outrage shocker !

Hibercelona
28-09-2012, 09:30 PM
http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/192429-rangers-demand-clear-and-unambiguous-apology-from-bbc-for-mad-men-montage/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Diddy club feign outrage shocker !

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02047/rangers_2047642c.jpg

They really have no sense of irony whatsoever. No sense of shame either.

This new club are certainly living up to the name of the old one.

Baldy Foghorn
28-09-2012, 09:31 PM
It would have suited me down to the ground, if this vile corrupt institution had died.....

Mr Greene keeps stoking fires with outrageous comments, and he genuinely believes he has been wronged by SFA/SPL....This has been a farce from day 1, and SFA really botched the whole saga up.....

Now Greene has been canvassing unionists in Belfast for funds and is exploring the possibility of an orange top....Bigotry and sectarianism is alive and well it seems, so long as it brings them revenues....This just whips up the masses of knuckle-draggers into a frenzy....

I can't believe it, I really thought they could not get any more vile, but I have been proved wrong......

basehibby
28-09-2012, 09:51 PM
If this Link is accurate it seems Charles Green will do anything to whip up hysteria amongst the blue hordes. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/jf4juv

Why is he meeting with the Ulster Unionist Party Leader? well, we know but you know what I mean!
A couple of other points - Rangers wont play in the SPL again whilst he's involved
Orange top rearing it's ugly head again

One thing this whole Rangers saga has done is to set Scotland back many, many years because to me it appears there is far more noisy bigots than before.

Deary me! I had hoped that the new incarnation of Rangers might emerge as a club befitting the 21st century - but it seems that this idiot Green is determined to drag them back to (or maybe just keep them at) the values of 1690 etc.

If it were at all possible, Sevco seems to be developing into an even more detestable institution than the old huns!

Hope the spl/sfa/league/taxman/anyone else with the opportunity hammer the inbred ****wits to the fullest extent possible!

LeighLoyal
28-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Green (aka Charlie Bucket Mouth) is a carpet bagger, opportunist and fly by night, he's preaching to the bigot WATP choir and giving them what they want to hear. There's no depths he won't sink to when it comes to covering all the hun bases, orange tops et al. Stage one: ingratiate yourself with the zombie horde, make them believe you are a fan, repeat the mantra that newco = oldco, and they are victims of a conspiracy. Stage two: once you have the horde's season money build a siege mentality, keep using the 'we' word at every turn. 'We've been punished enough... We won't play in the spl...WATP...' Make them believe your struggle is their struggle... defiance sells! Stage three: when you've whipped the horde into a sufficient frenzy of hostile paranoia, fleece the inbred numbskulls for a 49% stake in Sevco Scotland. Stage four: vanish into the ether with a suitcase of hun loot and take the first flight to Monaco. Stage five: we all laugh at the bigot Orc sc um again!

LeighLoyal
28-09-2012, 10:06 PM
how about ' the Yorkshire Lipper ' ?

Charlie Bucket Mouth. :thumbsup: knew I'd get it. Sally Honka's Charlie and the Bigot Factory.

grunt
29-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Tam Cowan quite amusing about the Rangers complaints against the BBC and his show

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/after-pelters-we-got-for-radio-show-did-ally-1349776

After pelters we got for radio show, did Ally actually hear it?
THE fact the BBC is bending over backwards to accommodate Rangers with live coverage of matches from Division Three should end any notion of bias.

WHEN I heard Rangers had lodged a complaint with the BBC, I immediately assumed it was on the grounds that even the folk at Ibrox were getting fed up with the wall-to-wall coverage of a Third Division club...
The Ibrox fans seem to be offended by just about everything these days – zombie banners, TV clips, paying tax – but imagine anyone at the club having the brass neck to accuse BBC Scotland of anti-Gers bias?!
After hearing that cracker, I imagine the latest floods were caused by supporters of every other club in the country peeing themselves laughing.
Have Rangers forgotten it was a BBC Scotland documentary that first alerted their fans to the dodgy dealings of a certain Craig Whyte?

In terms of broadcast coverage, the Beeb have hardly swept Rangers under the carpet since the club started a new life in the Third Division.BBC Alba provided live coverage of their run in the Ramsdens Cup, while Radio Scotland’s Sportsound programme has suddenly started doing full commentaries on Division Three matches.
And, as much as I’d love to think Sportscene elected to screen the League Cup clash at Ibrox in midweek as it featured the SPL table-toppers from Fir Park, I doubt that was the case.
Anti-Rangers bias? Gie’s peace.
At the risk of doing an Arsene Wenger, I’ve never watched Mad Men and I didn’t see Sportscene on Wednesday night.
However, as co-host of Off The Ball, I can certainly give you my take on the other part of this story – the “Super Ally or Fat Sally” debate.
First up, did Ally McCoist actually listen to last week’s show? Or, as I suspect, is there a wee bit of Chinese whispers going on here?
I’ve received emails from Rangers supporters who did tune into last Saturday’s programme and can’t understand what all the fuss is about.
Give it a bash on the iPlayer, Ally, and then tell me what you think.
On the back of the Ramsdens Cup exit at the hands of Queen of the South, McCoist should actually have thanked us for a show of support at a time when many punters (yes, including Rangers fans) had started talking about shoogly pegs.
Sure, we’d a couple of listeners who described the Rangers boss as Fat Sally (a panto-style nickname that appears on most football messageboards).
But just about every other text and email hailed McCoist as Super Ally.
For example, Kevin from Perth said: “Super Ally defo! On and off the pitch, he’s simply one of Scottish football’s greatest ever legends.”
And Jacqueline from Knightswood said: “Super Ally for me. He was my hero growing up and, no matter what happens, he’ll always be a legend with the Rangers fans for his loyalty. By the way I still wouldn’t say no (nudge-nudge, wink-wink).”
And this “infuriated” and “appalled” the Rangers boss? Deary me, how the hell did he ever survive his playing days when he was famously “getting slaughtered”?
The four people in the studio (I know Ally always likes full transparency on these matters) were myself, Stuart Cosgrove, former player James Grady and the Daily Mail sportswriter Brian Marjoribanks.
And every one of us waxed lyrical about Super Ally. We blew so much smoke up Coisty’s backside Chick Young’s probably now got a bad cough.
Stuart saluted the Muirton Park legend who thrilled St Johnstone fans as a teenage goalscoring sensation.
Wee James had a constant smile on his face as he recalled tales of Ally on and off the pitch.
And Brian from the Daily Mail also talked up McCoist big style and told how he was an absolute joy to interview at a press conference.
Me? My take on Super Ally was actually described as “nauseating” by a fellow Motherwell fan! Phew, no wonder Ally was “angry” and “disgusted”, eh?
Cards on the table, folks, as I mentioned on another show just a couple of weeks ago, I could never bring myself to criticise Ally.
Frankly, I’d sooner go for a high ball with Lee “Elbows” McCulloch.
If I came home one night and found Ally in bed with my missus, I’d insist she made him something to eat when he was finished.
Slagging the guy would be a bit unfair – totally disingenuous, in fact – as he’s provided so much great material over the past 20 years.
But let’s be honest, McCoist has enjoyed a very easy ride from the BBC (and every other media organisation for that matter) and, if you don’t believe me, just think of the reaction to all those dodgy results over the past 18 months.
Was he asked even one tough question?
By the way, were my eyes deceiving me or did the papers really print a Samaritans helpline for anyone disturbed by yesterday’s front page story? No point. The number would have been engaged thanks to the calls from Motherwell.
Personally speaking, I’m glad to get that Mickey Mouse competition out of the way so we can fully concentrate on winning the SPL.
And I’m not surprised we lost at Ibrox. How many times in a cup competition does the wee team raise their game against the big boys?
Seriously, this was our best chance to win at Ibrox for the first time since 1997 but we failed spectacularly and the Motherwell fans who bought our entire ticket allocation were let down.
If losing two goals in the last six minutes at Pittodrie was careless, I think getting turned over by a bunch of kids from the Third Division is downright sloppy.
Annan, Berwick, Peterhead, QoS and Brechin have all given Rangers more of a game this season, while East Stirling and Montrose went one better than Well by scoring at Ibrox.
For 15 years now, Motherwell appear to touch cloth from the minute the bus peels off the M8 and, while we don’t have the money to buy one, do you think we could snap up a psychologist to help address our mental block at Ibrox?
Needless to say, the Rangers fans with whom I exchange regular emails had a field day at my expense.
Still, even though I got an absolute roasting, I’d like to thank the Gers supporters for ending their emails on a positive note.
Yep, it’s amazing how many of bluenoses signed off by saying:
“I still hope your team wins the league.” Wonder why?
And finally...
DESPITE our embarrassing display at Ibrox, it’s good to see Celtic are still taking Motherwell seriously.
Ahead of today’s clash at Fir Park, I see they played a closed-door game against Raith Rovers.

grunt
30-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Here's RTC stirring the pot again... (read from the bottom up)

Rangers Tax-Case‏@rangerstaxcase As with all things law, there will be someone willing to argue their case, but anyone saying that they have no exposure on this is incorrect

1h (http://www.hibs.net/rangerstaxcase/status/252430036567740416)Rangers Tax-Case‏@rangerstaxcase (http://www.hibs.net/rangerstaxcase)
Point about Reg 72 is that the players- by signing loan apps- were active participants rather than innocent victims of employer action.

1h (http://www.hibs.net/rangerstaxcase/status/252429317815017472)Rangers Tax-Case‏@rangerstaxcase (http://www.hibs.net/rangerstaxcase)
A good (and fuller) interpretation of HMRC Reg 72 than is possible on twitter can be read here: http://bit.ly/VeJSIz (http://t.co/oViCWuu6)

1h (http://www.hibs.net/rangerstaxcase/status/252428826137735168)Rangers Tax-Case‏@rangerstaxcase (http://www.hibs.net/rangerstaxcase)
There is scope to debate the issue (and it is debated regularly). The point being that players have good reason to worry about liability.

1h (http://www.hibs.net/rangerstaxcase/status/252428491662958595)Rangers Tax-Case‏@rangerstaxcase (http://www.hibs.net/rangerstaxcase)
Regulation 72 applies to: "...employees...who are in a position to arrange for their earnings to be paid without deduction of tax"

1h (http://www.hibs.net/rangerstaxcase/status/252428131565187074)Rangers Tax-Case‏@rangerstaxcase (http://www.hibs.net/rangerstaxcase)
Just following the debate on whether RFC players could be held liable for unpaid tax, HMRC Regulation 72: http://bit.ly/Sd24TX (http://t.co/0ut2Adka) states...

Gettin' Auld
30-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Something for the accountants to get their teeth into.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/images/staticcontent/documents/administratorsinformation/RFC_2012_PLC_%28Formerly_The_Rangers_Football_Club _plc%29_Final_Progress_Report_to_Creditors.pdf

I like this part......................
The Joint Administrators have continued to review the claims made by HMRC in the administration. The claims are largely made up of determinations issued by HMRC in accordance with Regulation 80, penalties and outstanding PAYE/NIC. The Joint Administrators have adjudicated on these claims and confirmed to HMRC that for voting purposes, their claim will be admitted for voting purposes at £94,426,217.22.

greenginger
30-09-2012, 05:29 PM
£ 2.5 Million in fees for Duff and Duffer, £1.5 million for various legal fees, £ 4 million trading loss.

Result ----- Creditors get S.F. A. how to run an administration. :confused:

HoboHarry
30-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Something for the accountants to get their teeth into.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/images/staticcontent/documents/administratorsinformation/RFC_2012_PLC_%28Formerly_The_Rangers_Football_Club _plc%29_Final_Progress_Report_to_Creditors.pdf

I like this part......................
The Joint Administrators have continued to review the claims made by HMRC in the administration. The claims are largely made up of determinations issued by HMRC in accordance with Regulation 80, penalties and outstanding PAYE/NIC. The Joint Administrators have adjudicated on these claims and confirmed to HMRC that for voting purposes, their claim will be admitted for voting purposes at £94,426,217.22.
I don't really understand much of this. Who are HMRC going to chase to get back that fantastic sum of money?

green glory
01-10-2012, 10:25 AM
http://bit.ly/QRv52j

D+P estimate the tax bill at 96 big ones plus. The big tax case verdict is imminent now too. Cue HMRC pursuing this further with the indivuduals involved. Hopefully the transfer of the assets will be the focus for them.

Mikey
01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19786824

More on the £94m tax bill.

YehButNoBut
01-10-2012, 01:33 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19786824

More on the £94m tax bill.

Unbelievalble amount due to the country and also the administrators are claiming £3,121,683 in fees, are both these amounts due from the "new" Rangers or otherwise, can't see HMRC ever getting their money back.

Suppose they could force the sale of Ibrox & Murray Park to recover some of it. :greengrin

Jim44
01-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Unbelievalble amount due to the country and also the administrators are claiming £3,121,683 in fees, are both these amounts due from the "new" Rangers or otherwise, can't see HMRC ever getting their money back.

Suppose they could force the sale of Ibrox & Murray Park to recover some of it. :greengrin

Is it not the old company who would be liable for all the money due? If the old company no longer exists, are they not pursuing phantom money? A waste of time and even more of the taxpayers' money. No doubt this apparently meaningless exercise will be coining in cash for someone. Are we not talking here purely about legal principles with no material consequences for any 'injured parties'?

Caversham Green
01-10-2012, 01:50 PM

No, it's all due from the real Rangers. HMRC will get most of what is left after D&P and then BDO take their fees, but that will be very little.

HMRC might chase the directors of the old club and the players who benefitted from the EBTs if they feel there's a chance of success and also D&P if they feel the assets were sold at undervalue, but it seems likely that the money is lost - effectively stolen from all of us.

YehButNoBut
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
No, it's all due from the real Rangers. HMRC will get most of what is left after D&P and then BDO take their fees, but that will be very little.

HMRC might chase the directors of the old club and the players who benefitted from the EBTs if they feel there's a chance of success and also D&P if they feel the assets were sold at undervalue, but it seems likely that the money is lost - effectively stolen from all of us.

Scandalous that this can happen yet they get to keep Ibrox & Murray Park and get to sign players no other Scottish club can afford (Celtic apart) and they still feel hard done by. :rolleyes:

Caversham Green
01-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Scandalous that this can happen yet they get to keep Ibrox & Murray Park and get to sign players no other Scottish club can afford (Celtic apart) and they still feel hard done by. :rolleyes:

The thing is it's not 'them' that now own the properties. The way the law of the land sees it the club/company that owed all that money has closed down and sold off all its assets to pay as much of the debt as it could. The company that now calls itself Rangers bought the assets (very cheaply IMO) and is now operating in SFL 3 but it has no legal connection to the real Rangers (and therefore no history).

That's how the law views it and it's also how UEFA and FIFA see it. The scandalous part is that the Scottish football authorities have done everything they could to avoid that interpretation and, as you say "Rangers" still feel hard done by - although that's no more than you would expect from a crook like Charles Green.

Caversham Green
03-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Celtic's lawyers chasing Craig Whyte (remember him?) now.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/craig-whyte-ex-rangers-chairman-to-be-bankrupted-by-harper-macleod/

Seveno
03-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Celtic's lawyers chasing Craig Whyte (remember him?) now.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/craig-whyte-ex-rangers-chairman-to-be-bankrupted-by-harper-macleod/

So why ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19815528

Moulin Yarns
04-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Messrs Whyte and Murray might be getting a bit worried about their 'non payment' of tax

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19819177

WindyMiller
04-10-2012, 04:13 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19826914

:wtf:

Spike Mandela
04-10-2012, 04:30 PM

Ha ha the man's speaking like Rangers have been cleared of dual contracts and EBT's and we should all just move on and stop 'persecuting' poor wee newco. He is in for a big shock methinks.

Golden Bear
04-10-2012, 04:35 PM

Not proven = kop out.

Only in Scotland.

ancient hibee
04-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Surely this report is a load of guff.I thought Green was appearing before an SFA panel about his comments re the Nimmo Smith panel.It seems unlikely that the Nimmo Smith panel was deciding whether his comments were justified or not,probably be a correction soon?:confused:

H18sry
05-10-2012, 09:52 PM
4th October, Ibrox Suite, 7pm.

Before the presentation Charles Green spoke about a few things, told a few stories etc. Here are some key points:

Rangers Support and attendance is incredible - THANK YOU!

Rangers = Rangers, end of story.
Titles/Trophies are going nowhere.
NewCo was never Plan A - they really wanted the CVA option.
Soon realised Scottish press are 'Mad' - couldn't believe their reaction. He blames it on the fact that "Charles Green" all of a sudden came from nowhere and none of the press could profit from stories/rumours etc, in the lead up to the buying of the club.
Consortium were misled by press and 'other individuals'.
Club will be stronger and better than it has ever been.

RESPONSIBILITY OF MANAGEMENT TEAM

Chairman - Malcolm Murray
CEO - Charles Green
Finance Director - Brian Stockbridge
Commercial Director - Imran Ahmad
Manager - Alistair McCoist
Non-Exec Directors - TBC

RFC want more Non-Executive Directors to give more control to the people. Club needs good governance.

CG and Ally don't have a problem. When Walter Smith was looking at a consortium bid, Ally met with CG to say he couldn't publicly 'support' CG as he was good friends with Walter of 20+ years. CG said 'Good, because Loyalty is the key quality I expect from my team.' Ally was happy with that, as was CG. Since then, no problem.

CG then explained how it all came about that IA called him and asked if he wanted to buy RFC. CG said no, he wanted to retire. IA talked him into it and they set up a bank account, asked some people to put some money into the account, no paperwork just trust. They bought the exclusivity for £250k, this guaranteed them the right to buy. They then bought the assets for £5.5m. Duff and Phelps couldn't pay the running costs for May, so CG's group 'bailed them out' and paid the bills for May, to the tune of £500k.

FOUR STRATEGIC AIMS

1. Football
2. Social Responsibility
3. Media
4. Fans

MONEY

Capita will issue the Initial Public Offering (IPO) share information next week. IPO presentation shows RFC (in Europe) is a £60m turnover club, RFC (no Europe) is £40m club. Division 3 will be "lower". CG said when Div3 was confirmed, he should have cut 25% of workforce, but didn't. Took the decision to retain staff, keep the talent/skills as he believes the whole 'team' is important moving forward to where he expects us to be.

CG said the wage bill was £30m last year, added we have a history of buying high and selling low, mainly due to the age of the players we bought. Now the wage bill is £6m. CG pointed out that if we sign another five players on 20k per week, that takes wage bill up to £11m. Then if we were to sign a further 5 players at £20k a week, that takes the wage bill up to £16m. So with the current squad, we can afford to add another ten players at 20k p/w, and we'd still have a wage bill almost half of what it was. CG doesn't believe we need to take this approach yet.

Further to this he said in three years time, we will have six players under the age of 21 with experience of well over 100 senior matches, most of them in front of 50,000 fans. These become very attractive saleable assets. CG expects this to be one of the ways we operate from now on, keeping wage bill down, nurturing the youth and creating good re-sale assets.

The year that RFC began handling their own merchandise, they turned over 27m, and made 5.6m profit, yet sold to JJB (who CG recognises didn't market the brand sufficiently, esp. overseas) for 3m - inferring that we probably lost out on 2.6m per year. JJB deal terminated, Umbro terminated. New joint venture company created with Sports Direct (one of the biggest in the world re: purchasing power/distribution/logistics/buyers), RFC hold 51% controlling stake in the company. Late stage talks are being held with three brands, Adidas, Puma and Warrior (Liverpool Kit) over new kit suppliers. Expect an announcement before 1st Nov. The crux of this new arrangement aims to push the RFC brand to all four corners of the world. CG's aim is for anyone to be able to buy a Rangers shirt anywhere in the world.

RFC are looking to maximise Shirt advertising sponsorship and general stadium advertising - which increases as media rights exposure increases. CG gave the examples of Ki Sung-Yueng and Ji Sung Park being income generators in Asia, for the clubs who signed them. He says RFC are exploring opportunities in Asia, especially China and India - IA is talking to the Chinese Minister for Sport and is hoping to get him over to Ibrox for a match.

THE RANGERS PHENOMENON

CG visited NARSA recently and is aware of the global reach of the club. Developing the brand overseas is key to the success. Claudio Reyna now, and Carlos Bocanegra, after he retires, will be ambassadors in the American continent, actively involved in a wide range of activities from Training Camps, Soccer Schools etc. CG believes USA now have a great affinity for our sport and WILL win the world cup in his lifetime. CG met with FIFA delegates in New York, and has also recently met with European club delegates in Geneva. Many delegates could not believe the "abuse" that RFC has been subject to, one un-named delegate even admitted their club had bribed referees and didn't receive as harsh a punishment as RFC has.

IPO presentation states RFC has a current global fan-base of 5M due to "Massive Scots diaspora", believes 500m globally could 'watch' RFC. Highlighted recent SKY viewing figures vs Peterhead as an example of level of viewing interest in RFC. CG believes football on TV is becoming a thing of the past. Gave example of his own £55/month SKY bill and hasn't been home to see a match. He would have been better paying a couple of quid and watching games on his phone while sitting in airports, train journeys etc. TV will become web-based. "Content is King", gave example of YOUVIEW.COM owner Marc Watson paying £738M for 'a handful of EPL matches'.

RFC believes we can generate £100M per year in 'media rights'. When asked if there were any barriers to maximising profit over our media rights, he said part of the deal to re-enter Scottish Football was to give a number of games over to Sky/ESPN, but now that we are out of SPL, there are less barriers, we still need to comply with certain legal issues e.g. 3pm Saturday K.O. being a no-go, but as long as we move K.O. times, eventually we can call the shots. We now have a 'reduced reliability' on TV feeds. He gave the example of next month's LIVE league match vs. East Stirling, this is being sold to web viewers online in the UK as well as abroad, and expects this to be the way forward. When asked about illegal streams etc. affecting these sales, IA explained they have a number of tech-solutions to fight this. He and BS also explained that the media rights revenue was not solely limited to match streaming, there would be other avenues such as maximising social networking, interactive feeds, fans can talk directly with players/management, pre/post match etc. interact with players not available for selection, such as injured or sidelined players, while the match is on.

H18sry
05-10-2012, 09:52 PM
G51 PROJECT

The Club has fantastic facilities, all in working order and all owned outright by the club.

CG was asked about pre/post match revenue at the stadium. He produced a large map of Ibrox and the surrounding areas, with proposed property development, in line with the G51 project. They intend to sit down with Glasgow City Council, and the Housing Associations with a view to purchasing the land. RFC currently owns some of it, but would like more e.g. The Old Gasworks, they wish to turn into a leisure complex. they want to lobby for the re-opening of the old Ibrox rail station. The G51 project focus has shifted attention from Casino/Retail etc. more towards Health, Leisure and lifestyle. CG Mentioned building of a Cancer Centre and Health Centre.

Partners identified for regenerating the area include Cancer Partners, British Land, Ardmore Group and Marriott/Holiday Inn. CG explained that the Scottish Executive identified that Glasgow is 18 hotels short of what is required for Commonwealth Games 2014, he believes G51 could help with that and if deal was reached, jobs created and work commenced, it would be ready in time for the games. A small portion of the funds for this project would come from the IPO, but would be a good investment with rents/fees etc. coming back to the club for 25 years.

Edmiston House - Murray bought for £1.5M, last week RFC purchased it back for £800k. The current Megastore will become the ticket office, the first two floors of Edmiston will become the new Megastore (largest in Scotland) and the upper floor will be Bar/cafe leisure venue. CG expects this to be accomplished by May 2013.

They are looking at Stadium sponsorship and Murray Park sponsorship. CG alluded that 'The Sports Direct Stadium' might not be desirable, but 'The iBrox Stadium' (as in Apple iPad/iPhone etc.) would be, acknowledging the fans passion for keeping the name of our stadium. (nb. I was personally unsure if what CG was saying about the 'Apple iBrox' sponsorship was merely a suggestion to Imran, an actual possibility or just some show-boating?)

SHARE ISSUE

22,690,000 shares have already been issued - these are with the initial backers (consortium). IA estimates a further 22M+ in the next round. The minimum investment is 500 shares. IA was asked what price will one share cost? He explained that a bunch were traded at 50p early on, and more recently 1M where traded at £1. He estimates somewhere between £1-£1.50 per share, it will be finalised when the value of the club is established.

The Board was asked "What about people who can't afford £500?" CG replied, they could wait until the first day of trading and go to a broker and do it that way, then they can invest in smaller chunks. The board decided on 500 as the bottom limit, as anything lower could be a challenge re:cost involved in the whole IPO process vs. actual share issue/capital raising. There would be an order of priority with the offer, in the first instance, current season ticket holders and old shareholders will be offered first dibs, then after that it would be open to the public.

A question was asked about RST/Gersave etc. and about 'groups' being allowed to buy shares on behalf of others, CG said that he had no objection to that, but it would be up to those inclined to do so to hand their money over to one individual. The priority rule would still apply.

All in all, using these new deals/strategies, CG believes over the next 5-10 years RFC can grow to become a global brand with an annual turnover of £100m through traditional means (merchandise/retail/match-day experience) plus another £100m in media rights through new technologies. RFC will have no debt, no liability and plenty of assets.

OTHER BUSINESS

CG said he will personally make money from Rangers, but he will make it in the right way. CG received his first pay check last week. His salary will be documented in the Annual Report, but he joked that he told IA that he believed himself to be half as good as Martin Bain, so he should take half of what he got paid, IA said CG was worse than that, and decided to pay him less than half of Bain's salary.

CG said "We are not for leaving - we are staying until the job is finished." CG will receive 10% share ownership once the job is done, but FSA rules prohibit him from selling while he is CEO, so he kindly asked us to vote him out when the job is done so he can retire to France.

CG said he wants no part of the SPL for Rangers anymore. "Why should we go back to an organisation and earn them money when they are trying to strip our titles?" CG believes Scottish league reconstruction is inevitable. He also believes a European League will happen and Rangers tick all the boxes and will be part of that.

CG won't back the call for a boycott of an away matches vs. SPL teams, he doesn't think it is a good idea. He believes the fans should get behind Ally and the team. He made the point that if the fans wanted to hurt SPL teams financially, they would do better boycotting home matches against them instead. However, if the support want the club to back a boycott, they should write to the board and ask them to publicly support the boycott. He also said that he had a few other 'sneaky ideas' about how to deal with SPL clubs.

CG believes even though 10 chairmen raised there hand, only 5 wanted us out of the SPL. The others intended to abstain, therefore rendering their vote irrelevant - CG told them to 'man-up' and either keep us in or kick us out.

BF1 - The gentleman sitting beside CG at the recent Motherwell match is a director with Arsenal, he expressed his admiration for BF1 saying "If you could bottle that and sell it, it would make a fortune". He wishes Arsenal had something similar.

CG does not want 'crowd surfing' or flares/smokebombs as he is responsible for the safety of every person in the Stadium and does not want any supporter to come to any harm. "If the fans want flares, ask us! We'll arrange it properly, before or after matches, safely."

CG said he would have no problem in allocating ALL away fans the Broomloan Corner, including our rivals across the city. He is open to meeting with TBO and UB with a view to expanding their groups across the whole of BF.

The board was asked to explain what their strategy was concerning the 'Leadership' of the club. "What are you doing to sustain a strong leadership team to build our club to be the great organisation it deserves to be?" CG explained that IA and BS are currently building teams to create a new culture within the club. Their focus was on sustainability first, then growth and building the financial base, whereas our first class management team will concentrate on building the squad. As mentioned, Youth development will play a major role, Craig Mather, who has a wealth of experience, is now the Director of Auchenhowie.

CG's expectation for the club is not to be at the level of Man Utd. and Barcelona, but he firmly believes that group stages of the Champions League every year should be our minimum expectation, then the quarter finals every other year, and on a good year maybe even the semi-finals.

CG was asked about renaming our training facility, he mentioned that they were going to put it out to the fans to decide on a name, at that point a fair few of those in attendance said out loud "Davie Cooper".

Jim44
06-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Not proven = kop out.

Only in Scotland.

This and other media stories about Newco's desire to improve relationships with the SFA and Ogilvie's request for 'clearing the air' talks etc. is disturbing. The cynic (never far away) in me sees this as the beginning of a propaganda campaign which will rapidly expedite the return of Newco to the top flight and their 'former glory'. As a point of interest, I can't remember the last time I saw the names Regan or Doncaster in print.

Bostonhibby
06-10-2012, 08:23 AM
This and other media stories about Newco's desire to improve relationships with the SFA and Ogilvie's request for 'clearing the air' talks etc. is disturbing. The cynic (never far away) in me sees this as the beginning of a propaganda campaign which will rapidly expedite the return of Newco to the top flight and their 'former glory'. As a point of interest, I can't remember the last time I saw the names Regan or Doncaster in print.

:agree: so to help rectify this glaring omission..................Regan and Doncaster are a pair of Sevco apologists who have done more flips than Flipper himself on a busy day to help the Huns.

Back to work.

LeighLoyal
06-10-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm starting to believe there's a wee chance Sevco will be in the Third division until 2014. The awesomeness of that would be unquantifiable, a bit like hun tax returns.

ancient hibee
06-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Green has clearly got a screw loose but knows how to tell the numpties what they want to hear.His chance of a successful share issue are zilch-who will he get to underwrite it for a start.

LeighLoyal
06-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Green has clearly got a screw loose but knows how to tell the numpties what they want to hear.His chance of a successful share issue are zilch-who will he get to underwrite it for a start.

I doubt he will be raping £50m from HBOS , or Bank of Scotland as they were then, like Sir Skinty Hopalong did in 2002.

Hibs Class
06-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm starting to believe there's a wee chance Sevco will be in the Third division until 2014. The awesomeness of that would be unquantifiable, a bit like hun tax returns.

Stirling manager was so confident of beating Sevco today that he gave his team talk yesterday then popped off this afternoon to get married! Shame he missed was could be fatally's last game in charge, although the sevco suicidal tendencies probably means that the leg-end will be given another chance to earn that elusive first away win.

Jack Hackett
06-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Stirling manager was so confident of beating Sevco today that he gave his team talk yesterday then popped off this afternoon to get married! Shame he missed was could be fatally's last game in charge, although the sevco suicidal tendencies probably means that the leg-end will be given another chance to earn that elusive first away win.

The more chances he gets, the better :greengrin

Famous Fiver
06-10-2012, 07:00 PM
The quicker league reconstruction comes in the better!!!

As long as they allow progression from the non league ranks in the shake up. Then our friends from Sevco might just get out of the Third Division, but not in the direction they were expecting!!!!!!

LeighLoyal
06-10-2012, 07:02 PM
FatAlly Sevco.

Glass chinned fraud say Stirling! Huns, the gift that keeps giving!

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/Party.gif

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2012, 07:08 PM
there's a film on the horror channel(freesat) tonight called "cowboys and zombies" i thought at first it was a documentary about the huns, but it's not, it's just a film :( i wanted a larf tae

Greendreamer
06-10-2012, 08:54 PM
It was Albion managers wedding day today, so in a way Rangers were something new, something old and something blue

forthhibby
06-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Ally McCoist was asked what he knew about the Albion. He said Albion the dole on Monday!

ballengeich
06-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Sending their own manager to a wedding next week might be a good idea for Sevco after their first defeat over 90 minutes.

Pleased to say that Brian Allison, Albion captain and goalscorer, is a Hibee:greengrin

ScottB
06-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Apple sponsoring their stadium, Champions League Quarter Finals, Chinese Ministers coming to watch games...

Cloud cuckoo land!

LeighLoyal
06-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Apple sponsoring their stadium, Champions League Quarter Finals, Chinese Ministers coming to watch games...

Cloud cuckoo land!

File under, Charlie Bucket and his quest to get zombie huns to buy Sevco shares.

joe breezy
07-10-2012, 02:03 AM
The iBrox Stadium - Steve Jobs' dying wish I'm sure :lolhuns:

basehibby
07-10-2012, 03:11 AM
this deserves it's own thread for me

i remember AOB ripping them for erse paper at that very ground - albeit in a pre-season friendly - just how many lives does Sally get before "Green" pulls the trigger???

Kaiser1962
07-10-2012, 09:53 AM
4th October, Ibrox Suite, 7pm.

Before the presentation Charles Green spoke about a few things, told a few stories etc. Here are some key points:

etc etc

G51 PROJECT

The Club has fantastic facilities, all in working order and all owned outright by the club.

etc etc

Chuckie is trying hard to sell this to the business community because, as previous share issues both at Rangers elsewhere have proved, the supporters dont have the kind of money needed. So these two statements are pretty much as expected, however unrealistic they may be when they try to apply this in the real world.

PatHead
10-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Notice that the Investment Firm advising "Wild Bill Miller" who tried to buy the old Rangers has said that the "Math doesn't add up" and the Newco could be heading for administration.

Two thoughts on this.,,
1. This is the financial genius that was going to save oldco, yet his statement is merely dismissed and tucked away in the back pages... No big bold headlines this time!!!
2. The sheer audacity of the sevco chairman stating that to even mention the "A" word is 'scandalous'

Yet when you read the sympathetic press there is no scandal in the cheating and fraud perpetrated by the zombie clubs previous life-form?

There is no scandal in sevco publicly stating that they are going to be worth £200M, financially stronger than every club in the SPL, yet they turn their back on money owed to roofers, car-hire firms, their own fans and even a *****g face painter!!!
Now THAT is scandalous !!!!!

Finally what has happened to the restructuring of Scottish Football?

LeighLoyal
10-10-2012, 11:37 AM
quite a good read. Can only hope that there is some credance to his figures and Sevco do hit the wall. We still have the BDO process to look foward and a potential gross alienation of assets.

s.a.m
10-10-2012, 12:00 PM
It was Albion managers wedding day today, so in a way Rangers were something new, something old and something blue

Lucius Apuleius
10-10-2012, 12:35 PM
quite a good read. Can only hope that there is some credance to his figures and Sevco do hit the wall. We still have the BDO process to look foward and a potential gross alienation of assets.

OK for us thick **** WTF are you talking about

jgl07
10-10-2012, 12:52 PM
quite a good read. Can only hope that there is some credance to his figures and Sevco do hit the wall. We still have the BDO process to look forward and a potential gross alienation of assets.

The financial model that Sevco are operating on does not look viable. OK they have cut a lot off their wage bill but they retained a number of high earners and have probably had to pay way over the top the attract their new signings.

The other costs associated with running Ibrox and Murray Park have not really been touched. Miller's advisor covered on this in the article.

They have sold 36,000 season tickets but at a heavily discounted price. How many of those will be concessions? Same goes for the walk-up fans. From what I have heard there are a lot of kids in there. Maybe good for the future but not particularly good for revenue.

Even if they avoid administration on the way up to the SPL, what happens when (or if) they make it up to the SPL? Celtic will be in a really strong position with Champions' League income (provided that they don't screw things up) for the next three to four years.

They are doomed. I tell you. They are doomed.

Part/Time Supporter
10-10-2012, 12:55 PM
The financial model that Sevco are operating on does not look viable. OK they have cut a lot off their wage bill but they retained a number of high earners and have probably had to pay way over the top the attract their new signings.

The other costs associated with running Ibrox and Murray Park have not really been touched. Miller's advisor covered on this in the article.

They have sold 36,000 season tickets but at a heavily discounted price. How many of those will be concessions? Same goes for the walk-up fans. From what I have heard there are a lot of kids in there. Maybe good for the future but not particularly good for revenue.

Even if they avoid administration on the way up to the SPL, what happens when (or if) they make it up to the SPL? Celtic will be in a really strong position with Champions' League income (provided that they don't screw things up) for the next three to four years.

They are doomed. I tell you. They are doomed.

The Forbes article talks about how their season book sales have fallen from 44,000 to 37,500 in recent years. Presumably the 37,500 figure was for 2011/12. Now we have the newco boasting about how they've sold 36,000 this season.

In other words, despite all the free publicity this summer, a massive reduction in prices and the club being in desperate need of cash, "Rangers" sold 1500 fewer season books than they did last summer.

Caversham Green
10-10-2012, 01:12 PM
OK for us thick **** WTF are you talking about

He means 'gratuitous alienation of assets'.

HTH :greengrin.

OK, the alienation means removal, and gratuitous means unnecessary, underpriced or free. The suggestion is that D&P were in league with Green and passed the assets on to him at less than market value. On the face of it it seems a strong claim - £1.5m for Ibrox and Murray Park seems way underpriced and the trophies and history that Green keeps banging on about buying can only have been included in the Goodwill, which cost him a single pound.

Lucius Apuleius
10-10-2012, 01:31 PM

HTH :greengrin.

OK, the alienation means removal, and gratuitous means unnecessary, underpriced or free. The suggestion is that D&P were in league with Green and passed the assets on to him at less than market value. On the face of it it seems a strong claim - £1.5m for Ibrox and Murray Park seems way underpriced and the trophies and history that Green keeps banging on about buying can only have been included in the Goodwill, which cost him a single pound.

Far too many words of more than one syllable for a football supporter's board. :wink:

Caversham Green
10-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Far too many words of more than one syllable for a football supporter's board. :wink:

They selt stuff too cheap.

Lucius Apuleius
10-10-2012, 02:59 PM
They selt stuff too cheap.

Much better old chap. :greengrin

LeighLoyal
10-10-2012, 03:15 PM

HTH

Whatever the D&P/Sevco arrangement was, they definitely did not pass over anything at market value. The creditors were not looked after, just D&P.

The season book tally of 36k, loads of concessions there, is defo a worry for Gween, especially if they do not secure promotion. That would mean instant Zombie death for sure as the defiance factor wanes and reality bites. I also doubt their claim that the wage bill is 6m. Lee Wallace alone is on 1m a year, the players they loaned out, Goian and Bochanegra, will still have a portion of their huge wage paid by Sevco. Then you have the mystery of what McClulloch and Sally are being paid. Circa 1.2m a year each on oldco terms, no way has that substantially reduced. Black, Shiels, Templeton and Sandanza, collective 1.5m. So when you factor in the whole squad Gweenie is talking sh it again.

The zombies are not out the woods yet!

grunt
10-10-2012, 08:29 PM
I also doubt their claim that the wage bill is 6m. Me too. Struck me as incredible when I read it.

I also wonder what happened to the 326 staff who were employed by Rangers on 14 February 2012. I think there were two reported redundancies - Gordon Smith and another, and I don't recall any other redundancies being reported. You'd think that with the Scottish mainstream media camped outside Ibrox for the last 8 months, that any other folk released would have been reported.

I read somewhere that RFC expenses in 2011 were £4m a month including wages. It would be interesting to know what economies have been achieved by Green to reduce that outlay.

Spike Mandela
10-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Me too. Struck me as incredible when I read it.

I also wonder what happened to the 326 staff who were employed by Rangers on 14 February 2012. I think there were two reported redundancies - Gordon Smith and another, and I don't recall any other redundancies being reported. You'd think that with the Scottish mainstream media camped outside Ibrox for the last 8 months, that any other folk released would have been reported.

I read somewhere that RFC expenses in 2011 were £4m a month including wages. It would be interesting to know what economies have been achieved by Green to reduce that outlay.

Maybe it is a £6m pound wage bill with a further £20m paid out to the players in the form of a loan in some type of benefit trust. Hmmm, trying to think of a catchy name for these..

s.a.m
11-10-2012, 06:16 AM
11 October 2012 Last updated at 07:12 Share this page

Rangers to float on AIM market

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49380000/gif/_49380572_bn-304x171.gif
Rangers football club has formally announced that it intends to float its shares on the AIM market in London.
The club said it intended to raise up to £20m through an institutional investor placing and limited public offering.
Rangers said the funds raised would be used to strengthen the player squad, improve facilities and provide additional working capital.
Fans wanting to invest have been invited to register their interest.

grunt
11-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Rangers said the funds raised would be used to strengthen the player squadThought they were subject to a transfer ban?

Part/Time Supporter
11-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Thought they were subject to a transfer ban?

That's PR spin. They need the capital raised to fund trading losses.

down-the-slope
11-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Thought they were subject to a transfer ban?

They are - first thought I had...

It must be a tester to check just how stupid the clubs 3rd division supporters really are...

I wonder if prospectus will mention anything about 'asset value' that investors are buying into :whistle:

greenginger
11-10-2012, 07:52 AM
That's PR spin. They need the capital raised to fund trading losses.

I thought I read somewhere that a Company was required to have at least one year's working capital in place before it could float on the AIM market ?

H18sry
11-10-2012, 07:57 AM
http://www.onfieldsofgreen.com/more-than-a-sports-story/

LeighLoyal
11-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Looking to raise £20m :faf: Does that mean Stirling Albion are worth £40m? Cloud Cuckoo Investments are underwriting I hear.

ballengeich
11-10-2012, 08:17 AM

Rangers football club has formally announced that it intends to float its shares on the AIM market in London.
The club said it intended to raise up to £20m through an institutional investor placing and limited public offering.
Rangers said the funds raised would be used to strengthen the player squad, improve facilities and provide additional working capital.

I expect institutional investors will lose interest after reading the bit in bold. It sounds llike the Ibrox cashflow isn't so healthy.

green glory
11-10-2012, 08:29 AM
This was always Green's plan. A share issue to recoup his 5.5m investment and make a tidy profit on top of it. When that's completed the cash flow problem, created by him when he agreed to sign/retain SPL quality players and sell ST's at greatly reduced prices won't be his problem. The fans/shareholders will be left with that headache.

Even the Sevco orcs wouldn't be able to claim continuity of history after a second insolvency which I firmly hope happens.

LeighLoyal
11-10-2012, 08:33 AM
This was always Green's plan. A share issue to recoup his 5.5m investment and make a tidy profit on top of it. When that's completed the cash flow problem, created by him when he agreed to sign/retain SPL quality players and sell ST's at greatly reduced prices won't be his problem. The fans/shareholders will be left with that headache.

Even the Sevco orcs wouldn't be able to claim continuity of history after a second insolvency which I firmly hope happens.

Which he (or his mysteron backers) haven't paid for yet. I don't think Whyte's pals D&P have received a dime, or any creditors. So "working capital" also equals the money he needs to pay off D&P, 100%. Buy new players my bahookie, Green.

Hibrandenburg
11-10-2012, 08:34 AM

Finally, hard evidence that **** floats.

Kaiser1962
11-10-2012, 08:35 AM
I thought I read somewhere that a Company was required to have at least one year's working capital in place before it could float on the AIM market ?

I certainly wouldnt be investing in any share issue that is trying to raise working capital for starters. Add to that their stadium/training ground is pretty much as good as it gets so I fail to see how there is any need to "improve facilities". And finally they are unable to sign any players until January 2014.

Bizarre to say the least.

Bill Milne
11-10-2012, 09:06 AM
This is why the Huns should not trust Green. Among the reasons for floating on AIM is a need to "strengthen the squad", when they won't be able to sign players under January 2014 anyway!!

steviehibsleith
11-10-2012, 09:49 AM
The Huns have tried share issues in the past and raised a paltry sum then, now in a recession they are asking individuals to purchase a minimum of £500 !
Then to say its to strengthen the squad and for working capital I'm guessing they will be lucky to get £500000 or 1000 complete numpties.
charles green is showing is hand and the bluff has failed

jacomo
11-10-2012, 10:04 AM
The Huns have tried share issues in the past and raised a paltry sum then, now in a recession they are asking individuals to purchase a minimum of £500 !
Then to say its to strengthen the squad and for working capital I'm guessing they will be lucky to get £500000 or 1000 complete numpties.

Indeed. Sir Moonbeams had to underwrite his £50m share issue in its entirety after it attracted next to zero interest from the supporters. I am not sure how raising £20m now will be any easier.

jacomo
11-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Neil Doncaster smugly announcing this morning that the SPL has "adapted remarkably well" to Rangers' demise:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19904760

It would have been a good opportunity to give a little credit to the supporters - both for backing their clubs this season by attending games, and more generally for all of us who didn't buy the predictions of armageddon if Rangers couldn't cheat their way back into the top tier after going bust.

Another opportunity missed, not surprisingly. I continue to be amazed that this man and Regan are still in their jobs, having palpably failed to offer any form of leadership when it was needed most.

hibs0666
11-10-2012, 10:14 AM
I certainly wouldnt be investing in any share issue that is trying to raise working capital for starters. Add to that their stadium/training ground is pretty much as good as it gets so I fail to see how there is any need to "improve facilities". And finally they are unable to sign any players until January 2014.

Bizarre to say the least.

Ibrox looks fine from the outside but its catering facilities etc. are pretty dated.

jonty
11-10-2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19907314

Ex-Rangers director Paul Murray claims Scottish football power shift
Murray, whose Blue Knights group led an unsuccessful bid to buy the club in the summer, believes the Scottish Premier League is less powerful than before.
And he thinks more power has moved to the Scottish Football League with Rangers as a member club.
"The dynamics of power have changed a bit from the SPL to the SFL," he said.
"The SFL have now, perversely, got quite a bit of power because they have now got Rangers as one of their member clubs.

Quite a bit of power? away and boil yer heid.

Purple & Green
11-10-2012, 10:39 AM

And you're asking the same people who were shareholders until last year and lost their shareholdings which they presumably paid about £500 to own. So, the bold Chazza is asking people to pay again for what they already owned.

I'm not convinced his strategy will be successful here, I think even an orc could work out they are being ripped off.

LancsHibs
11-10-2012, 10:59 AM
What's 'Bommer' Brown's thoughts on the matter:greengrin Are we going to see another hilarious gathering on the steps of Ibrox:lolrangers:

LeighLoyal
11-10-2012, 11:01 AM
And you're asking the same people who were shareholders until last year and lost their shareholdings which they presumably paid about £500 to own. So, the bold Chazza is asking people to pay again for what they already owned.

I'm not convinced his strategy will be successful here, I think even an orc could work out they are being ripped off.

Fools and their money though. :rolleyes:

Bad Martini
11-10-2012, 11:17 AM
This **** is like a dream come true...:greengrin

You couldnae have made it up. The manky ones are taken apart, slowly and surely by green and whyte....it'll be noted on their obituary.

Arguably just beaten of (based on league stature) one of thee worst teams in Scotland, skint and with the prospects of a toilet duck?

Shame.

Real shame.

Real real shame.

Real real real shame. :cb :na na:

**** it. I'll go first;

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
11-10-2012, 11:48 AM
What's 'Bommer' Brown's thoughts on the matter:greengrin Are we going to see another hilarious gathering on the steps of Ibrox:lolrangers:

In a scene right out the bier kellers of Munich in the 1920s, Bomber Brown addressed his loyal supporters in the Loudon Tavern today (simply the best by the way - or the best for the simple, I can't quite remember.

Show some respect, show some respect, eh, the sit-you-ation has become such that wiz have no got any option bit tae act now tae save the club that we love and hold so dear. There will be no vandalism, no bevvying......and absolutely NO SURRENDER.....(aw ***** ah wisnae meant tae say that, of course the boyz is entitled tae a bevvy). Eh, show some respect now.

grunt
11-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Good bit from the BBC Radio Scotland morning show's business section, interview with Justin Urquhart-Stewart about the Rangers IPO.
Worth a listen, from 2h 36m into the show here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01n0z67

"So, a risky investment, then?" "Very risky".

LeighLoyal
11-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Malcolm Murray, Chairman: “Charles has done a great job to bring the Club back from the brink of extinction. We now move on to the next stage which is full recovery and growth.

Their club died, but we still read this nonsense. :confused: The shrinking tabloid media won't print the fact through fear, and the tv networks won't say it becuase of laptop loyal intimidation. But they DIED. Their club died in 2012. Kaput, done and dusted, over and out. This Sevco outfit are not Rangers Football Club. If they want that honour there is £150m of debt to service first.

Seveno
11-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Which he (or his mysteron backers) haven't paid for yet. I don't think Whyte's pals D&P have received a dime, or any creditors. So "working capital" also equals the money he needs to pay off D&P, 100%. Buy new players my bahookie, Green.Anyway of getting this confirmed ?

s.a.m
11-10-2012, 12:26 PM
This is from the FT:

Ship of Theseus seeks flotation -Bruce Elder

Those who argue for a further relaxation of the LSE’s listing rules (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7ff93932-0280-11e2-8cf8-00144feabdc0.html) may want to note the following announcement (http://www.investegate.co.uk/Article.aspx?id=201210110700094376O):

Rangers, the Scottish football club, today announces its intention to seek Admission to the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange.
Rangers intends to raise up to £20 million through an institutional investor placing and limited public offering. The funds raised will be used for strengthening the player squad, improving and developing the Club’s properties and facilities, as well as providing additional working capital. It is anticipated that Admission will become effective before the end of the year.
For those with only a passing interest in football’s backwaters, here’s a summary. The Rangers Football Club PLC awaits liquidation having failed to pay a tax bill just shy of £95m. Its assets were bought by an investment consortium fronted by Charles Green, who moved them to a holding company formed for the purpose in May 2012. He paid £5.5m.
Now, five months later, Mr Green’s consortium is seeking to raise up to £20m for an unspecified stake of these assets. Taking as an imperfect benchmark the £33.4m market cap of Glasgow neighbours Celtic, that target would suggest floating about 50-60 per cent of the equity. (Such a valuation would certainly line up with some tinfoil-hatted reports (http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/the-mystery-of-the-22-million-rangers-shares-by-ecojon/) that Mr Green’s investor cabal had taken 22.69m shares and planned to issue the same again at the IPO).
So what has changed since May for £5.5m of assets to become a business worth circa £33m? There is a little more certainty now about Rangers’ competitive position (third in Scottish football’s fourth-tier league (http://stats.football365.com/dom/SCO/D3/overview.html)) and a little more clarity on the obstacles faced (which include but are not limited to a judicial inquiry (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers-hearing-to-begin-in-november-8134506.html), a player transfer ban (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18929983) and a criminal investigation into its previous owner (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9354460/Police-investigate-Craig-Whytes-Rangers-takeover.html)).
Also worth noting, from an investor perspective, is the fact that Rangers Football Club Ltd has no corporate history whatsoever. The club may have been founded in 1872 but the company it has hermit-crabbed into has only existed since May and has never published a single page of accounts.
On Aim, that’s fine. There’s no requirement for companies to demonstrate a trading record, with the burden falling on the Nomad to weed out all potential cash transfers from the gullible to the cynical. As LSE’s briefing document puts it (http://www.londonstockexchange.com/companies-and-advisors/aim/publications/documents/a-guide-to-aim.pdf):

[A] Nomad would expect that a strong AIM candidate (other than a pre-revenue business or perhaps a natural resources business) has the following characteristics:
* a record of sustained growth over at least three years
* forecasts that show sales continuing to grow
* a record that compares favourably with its peer group.
It looks tricky to class Rangers Football Club Ltd as a “pre revenue business.” Nor can it be easily classed as showing growth over recent years, given it either did not exist or was put into liquidation. Mr Green’s stated justification for the float — “strengthening the player squad, improving and developing the Club’s properties and facilities, as well as providing additional working capital” — is also open to question: Rangers cannot sign a player until January 2014 and its 51,000-seater stadium looks adequate in a league where the average attendance last year was 475.
Some suspicious types may assume that the £5.5m Mr Green’s consortium paid to buy Rangers was actually a loan that the cash call will help pay down. But, with Mr Green today referring to the company as “debt-free,” such suspicions are surely misplaced.
Over to you, official Nomad Cenkos Securities. We await the IPO prospectus with interest.
Related link:
Rangers plans return with £20m float (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2761f4b6-136b-11e2-9cc7-00144feabdc0.html) – FT
This entry was posted by Bryce Elder (http://www.hibs.net/meet-the-team/bryce-elder/) on
Thursday October 11th, 2012 11:00. Tagged with IPO (http://ftalphaville.ft.com/tag/ipo/), Rangers FC (http://ftalphaville.ft.com/tag/rangers-fc/).

s.a.m
11-10-2012, 12:34 PM
...which prompted me to look up Ship of Theseus on Wikipedia, and it turns out that classical philosophers were considering the Sevco identity dilemma in ancient times:

Ship of Theseus

The Ship of Theseus, also known as Theseus (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Theseus)' paradox, or various variants (http://www.hibs.net/#Variations_of_the_paradox), notably grandfather's axe and (in the UK) Trigger's Broom (based upon the BBC (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/BBC) sitcom Only Fools and Horses (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Only_Fools_and_Horses)) is a paradox (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Paradox) that raises the question of whether an object which has had all its component parts replaced remains fundamentally the same object (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Identity_(philosophy)).
The paradox is most notably recorded by Plutarch (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Plutarch) in Life of Theseus (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Parallel_Lives) from the late 1st century. Plutarch asked whether a ship which was restored by replacing all its wooden parts remained the same ship. The paradox had been discussed by more ancient philosophers such as Heraclitus (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Heraclitus), Socrates (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Socrates), and Plato (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Plato) prior to Plutarch's writings; and more recently by Thomas Hobbes (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Thomas_Hobbes) and John Locke (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/John_Locke). This problem is "a model for the philosophers"; some say "it remained the same, some saying it did not remain the same".[1] (http://www.hibs.net/#cite_note-0)

Seveno
11-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Green stated at the start that the £5.5m was a loan.

Apart from paying himself off, I wonder if any of it will go to CW ?

Part/Time Supporter
11-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Would it be morally wrong to request a prospectus (thereby incurring costs to the company issuing shares) without having any intention of subscribing?

:whistle:

Just Alf
11-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Would it be morally wrong to request a prospectus (thereby incurring costs to the company issuing shares) without having any intention of subscribing?

:whistle:

Terribly wrong.... that's a really bad thing to do when they are counting every penny.

When you apply..... could you post the link to save me searching for it? :greengrin

Hibs7
11-10-2012, 02:22 PM

Where do these clowns get their ideas from..... SPL is managing fine without Newco/Sevco/Rangers or whatever name they are calling themselves today.

Hibercelona
11-10-2012, 02:30 PM

Ex-Rangers director Paul Murray claims Scottish football power shift

Former Rangers director Paul Murray has claimed that the Ibrox side competing in the Third Division has led to a power shift in Scottish football.

Murray, whose Blue Knights group led an unsuccessful bid to buy the club in the summer, believes the Scottish Premier League is less powerful than before.

And he thinks more power has moved to the Scottish Football League with Rangers as a member club.

"The dynamics of power have changed a bit from the SPL to the SFL," he said.

"The SFL have now, perversely, got quite a bit of power because they have now got Rangers as one of their member clubs.

And Murray believes that this power shift could lead to structural change in the Scottish game.

"And I think that's what ultimately might actually lead to some change," he said.

"Because of the fact you've then got two bodies who've got one half of the Old Firm in each of the bodies that might also lead to change that we think we need."

The prospect of an expanded SPL emerged in a package of reforms put to Scottish Football League clubs just two days before their vote on admitting Rangers to the body.

Streamlined governance, a fairer distribution of revenue and play-offs for access to the SPL were also proposed in a bid to sweeten a deal that would see the new Ibrox club granted entry to Division One.

However, SFL clubs chose to admit Rangers to Division Three.

Hibercelona
11-10-2012, 02:33 PM
So basically, other SFL clubs are suddenly better because The Rangers are present in their league. :rolleyes:

Somebody should tell him that its got nothing to do with other clubs being better, but more to do with The Rangers being so utterly *****, that they can't beat teams 1000x less their value.

Caversham Green
11-10-2012, 02:45 PM
I think there's a strategy in the offing here. Green has been rubbishing the SPL and SFA and has vowed that Sevco will never play in the SPL while crawling to the SFL despite them 'banishing' his club into the bottom division. Now we have another Rangers man talking about power shifting from the SPL to the SFL.

Are Sevco planning a power struggle over Scottish Football? Maybe as a plan B?

Jonnyboy
11-10-2012, 02:49 PM
You have to admit that the Huns demotion has been successful. Never seen so many folk wearing SFL3 replica shirts before :wink:

Geo_1875
11-10-2012, 02:55 PM
They can go and fling ***** at themselves. They're in such financial dire straits that they're forced to raise money in the stock exchange equivalent of Wonga.com and they think they can win a power struggle over Scottish Football. Delusional.

IWasThere2016
11-10-2012, 03:02 PM

Where do these clowns get their ideas from..... SPL is managing fine without Newco/Sevco/Rangers or whatever name they are calling themselves today.

I see Dungcaster says the SPL has coped - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19904760 - what happended to Armageddon then ya prick?!? Or was that the other erse Reagan?

How those two are still in jobs is beyond me!

Greendub
11-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Aye the SFL clubs are better...

Than Rangers!

HH81
11-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Charles Green on sky sports news saying money raised from stockmarket will be used to create a massive superstore and a cafe ha ha ha.

Phil D. Rolls
11-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Charles Green on sky sports news saying money raised from stockmarket will be used to create a massive superstore and a cafe ha ha ha.

Like what Asda has? Ta ta Castle Greyskull.

LeighLoyal
11-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Green stated at the start that the £5.5m was a loan.

Apart from paying himself off, I wonder if any of it will go to CW ?

Bomber Brown statement from the Mordor steps needed methinks. And where did that half senile pensioner's money go again, Bomber? A case for Taggart.

.Sean.
11-10-2012, 04:15 PM
I see Dungcaster says the SPL has coped - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19904760 - what happended to Armageddon then ya prick?!? Or was that the other erse Reagan?

Couldn't agree more G :agree:

Fannies.

Johnny0762
11-10-2012, 04:41 PM
They can go and fling ***** at themselves. They're in such financial dire straits that they're forced to raise money in the stock exchange equivalent of Wonga.com and they think they can win a power struggle over Scottish Football. Delusional.

Yeah, just who are they trying to kid with this planned £20m flotation? They tried this when the club were having success and raised next to sod-all. They're a joke. Scottish football is a joke with the circus acts in power at the SPL and SFA.

Part/Time Supporter
11-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Terribly wrong.... that's a really bad thing to do when they are counting every penny.

When you apply..... could you post the link to save me searching for it? :greengrin

https://www.rangersshareoffer.com/forms/ApplicantDetails.aspx

:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
11-10-2012, 05:18 PM

enquiry submitted:greengrin

GoldenEagle
11-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Bill McMurdo's view here.

https://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/scotlands-shame/#comment-2829

hibbiedon
11-10-2012, 06:45 PM
enquiry submitted:greengrin

How utterly childish...did you get a response like this

Thank you, your interest has now been registered. We will send you an email in due course with details of how and when you can apply to invest in Rangers Football Club.
Reference: 00000008485

Onion
11-10-2012, 06:57 PM

:agree: It is to the SPL and SFA's continuing shame that these two tossers are still representing their organisations, and speaks VOLUMES for about their lack of morals, courage and integrity.

Broken Gnome
11-10-2012, 07:12 PM
So without sifting through hundreds of pages to find the answers, any chance of a swift guide to refute the PR campaign of Green and subsequent fawning of the Hun masses?

No litigation ahead aside from league titles possibly being stripped according to Green, leaving only an attractive and unique investment opportunity - is that based on the assumption that any EBT, SPL or Big Tax Case punishments are the responsibility of the former company? As are creditor and administrator fees?

Crowds are NEARLY THE BIGGEST IN BRITAIN so say the fans - 36k season tickets and merchandise ably cover a much reduced wage bill so nothing to worry about, The Rangers and debt free and will be devoid of financial hardship from now on - But the wage bills still huge no? The initial £5m 'investment' would have been swallowed up from the start, and heavily discounted season tickets limit that income source?

The Green Goblin
11-10-2012, 07:42 PM

Oh my god....what did I just read?! And have you seen the comments underneath???

HibeeBigFly
11-10-2012, 08:16 PM
When will these shares be issued on aim and at what price? Does anyone else agree that shorting them could be a worthy investment?

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Oh my god....what did I just read?! And have you seen the comments underneath???

Unbelievable :confused:

WindyMiller
11-10-2012, 09:12 PM

Is that the old football agent?

StevieC
11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
My guess is that the £20m is needed to tide them over for 3 years, with the assumption they will then be back in SPL. If the share issue fails I reckon there could be severe financial consequences.
And of course, failure to win promotion could also be catastrophic. :wink:

greenginger
11-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Is that the old football agent?

Yep, thats him, came originally from Niddrie and I knew him when he was a salesman with Timex watches in Dundee. Always was a real Bluenose, but seems to have gone completely crazy.

He had ( still has ) a house in Uddingston area called Ibrox. He once asked me where he could obtain a 60 foot flagpole as he wanted to hoist a Union Jack outside his house ever morning. :rolleyes:

WindyMiller
11-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Yep, thats him, came originally from Niddrie and I knew him when he was a salesman with Timex watches in Dundee. Always was a real Bluenose, but seems to have gone completely crazy.

He had ( still has ) a house in Uddingston area called Ibrox. He once asked me where he could obtain a 60 foot flagpole as he wanted to hoist a Union Jack outside his house ever morning. :rolleyes:

Comes across as an absolute 4rseh0le.

greenginger
11-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Comes across as an absolute 4rseh0le.

Sure does, I certainly never saw that side of him although he was a bit of a Bible basher, a member of some " Wee Free " style church and a strict tea-totaller.

It must be over 30 years since I saw him. I blame it all on the lack of drink !

WindyMiller
11-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Sure does, I certainly never saw that side of him although he was a bit of a Bible basher, a member of some " Wee Free " style church and a strict tea-totaller.

It must be over 30 years since I saw him. I blame it all on the lack of drink !

I know that a lack of drink can certainly get me pretty upset!

LeighLoyal
11-10-2012, 10:31 PM
When will these shares be issued on aim and at what price? Does anyone else agree that shorting them could be a worthy investment?

Would be a beauty. If you have a broker account and can get them to loan Sevco aim stock, short it to f...k it's going to drop through the floor like a knackered lift, quids in.

Hibs07p
12-10-2012, 04:58 AM

T Curwood. · October 10, 2012 - 6:33 pm · Reply→
Wee after thought,

halls of Broxbrun going bust 1700 jobs, Scots government silent, its coincidental Broxburn is a very tight knit Loyalist town.

Aye, and if you had paid your taxes, there might have been extra funds to ask for a subsidy.

That is some dilemma they have over there, arguing which offence is worse than the other. They want to believe that because sex offences against children is a disgusting crime often associated with the catholic church, their crime of depriving the public purse of £m's is some how justifiable.

Hal Jordan
12-10-2012, 07:24 AM
T Curwood. · October 10, 2012 - 6:33 pm · Reply→
Wee after thought,

halls of Broxbrun going bust 1700 jobs, Scots government silent, its coincidental Broxburn is a very tight knit Loyalist town.

That's hilarious, especially as most of the workers at Halls are migrant Polish Kafflicks :wink:

s.a.m
12-10-2012, 08:13 AM
http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/threats-silence-intimidation-rangers-fans/2873

green glory
12-10-2012, 09:01 AM
That's hilarious, especially as most of the workers at Halls are migrant Polish Kafflicks :wink:

And also the Scottish Government are doing their best to save it.

Typical Hun bull****.

robinp
12-10-2012, 09:22 AM
I see Charles Green continues in his quest to piss off every other club in Europe, he calls Southampton a small club and Aston Villa useless!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2216624/Rangers-join-European-super-league-says-Charles-Green.html

YehButNoBut
12-10-2012, 09:33 AM
I see Charles Green continues in his quest to piss off every other club in Europe, he calls Southampton a small club and Aston Villa useless!http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2216624/Rangers-join-European-super-league-says-Charles-Green.html

I am astounded that Green has the audacity to preach to other clubs about their finances and comment on well run clubs such as Villa & Southampton who at least pay their taxes.

The man is a nutjob. :crazy:

Phil MaGlass
12-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Green needs his heid looked at,Even the big clubs need teams like Villa and Southampton. As for super league, they are already in a super league, enjoy the third chaps, you might be staying there a while. I used to love it when Vlad came out with all his corrupt SFA nonsense BUT the guy was proved right when the 5hit hit the fan at Ibrox. Looks like Green has taken over Vlads mantle.:not worth:not worth

poolman
12-10-2012, 09:36 AM

Thank you, your interest has now been registered. We will send you an email in due course with details of how and when you can apply to invest in Rangers Football Club.

Reference: 00000037888
Name: Mr michael mouse
Proposed Investment: £10000.00

LeighLoyal
12-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Green is so far off his dial its hard to know where to start. Bloody cheek he has though, same old pish about non existent Euro superleagues. I think Arsenal would rather play West Ham, Villa and Southampton than Sevco, Green, just a wee hunch! Guy is in total la la land.

VickMackie
12-10-2012, 11:31 AM
I see Charles Green continues in his quest to piss off every other club in Europe, he calls Southampton a small club and Aston Villa useless!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2216624/Rangers-join-European-super-league-says-Charles-Green.html

Deluded.

Arsenal aren't selling out a London derby but the fans would much rather play the bigots. :faf:

SurferRosa
12-10-2012, 12:06 PM

Green is playing up to the myth, so beloved by OF fans, that his club ( and Celtic ) are worldwide famous and envied. I`m pretty sure that as far as England and the rest of the world are concerned Rantic are just two teams that play in a wee league. Their own notions of their importance are as deluded as their thoughts of playing in England. English clubs couldn`t give a rats arse about them and to suggest that Arsenal would rather play them than compete in a London derby is frankly hilarious....

ScottB
12-10-2012, 12:13 PM
The guy is playing the game, spouting the crap that the hardcore of his fanbase want to hear.

As Alex Thomson states in his blog today, this is incredibly dangerous. The club will eventually return to the SPL bitter, more hate filled than ever before. There is no repentance, no remorse from the ownership and a media more than happy to go a long with it or too terrified to question it.

There's a little soundbite in the BBC Scottish gossip column saying Rangers won't play in the SPL under his watch because he wants big changes to how the topflight is run... Still thinking he has both the right and the clout to make demands I see. This kind of nonsense might appeal to the knuckle draggers in his support, but after their 'presentation' at Hampden a few months back he should have figure out it will do him no favours with the other clubs...

If some sort of Euro league structure emerges, so be it. But from the sounds of it UEFA are looking towards merging smaller leagues together. In any case some sort of League involving only the very best is simply not going to include the Old Firm. Their behaviour would not be welcomed nor tolerated, and of course, they simply aren't as big as they think themselves to be.

LeighLoyal
12-10-2012, 12:54 PM
The guy is playing the game, spouting the crap that the hardcore of his fanbase want to hear.

As Alex Thomson states in his blog today, this is incredibly dangerous. The club will eventually return to the SPL bitter, more hate filled than ever before. There is no repentance, no remorse from the ownership and a media more than happy to go a long with it or too terrified to question it.

There's a little soundbite in the BBC Scottish gossip column saying Rangers won't play in the SPL under his watch because he wants big changes to how the topflight is run... Still thinking he has both the right and the clout to make demands I see. This kind of nonsense might appeal to the knuckle draggers in his support, but after their 'presentation' at Hampden a few months back he should have figure out it will do him no favours with the other clubs...

If some sort of Euro league structure emerges, so be it. But from the sounds of it UEFA are looking towards merging smaller leagues together. In any case some sort of League involving only the very best is simply not going to include the Old Firm. Their behaviour would not be welcomed nor tolerated, and of course, they simply aren't as big as they think themselves to be.

It's utter pish to sell Sevco shares surely, only the thickest hun/succulent lamb eating hack is going to swallow this mince. Utter bollocks.

Gettin' Auld
12-10-2012, 12:59 PM

No it's not him. The blogger is the football agents son. It mentions who he is at the top of his blog - http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/about/