PDA

View Full Version : Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178

EdinMike
23-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but this Scotsman article says that Friday is the (latest) deadline day for Rangers to get SFA registration. SFL rules state a 14 day limit.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-three/rangers-newco-you-won-t-take-our-titles-says-defiant-ally-mccoist-1-2425462

Seems like quite a good article. Says that Ally McCoist has a "confused stance".

When is Ranger's first proper game?

Is it not next Weekend for the Ramsdens Cup ?

stoobs
23-07-2012, 03:59 AM

Ouch. Sounds like they might be cutting it fine!

Just Alf
23-07-2012, 07:02 AM
I notice The Rangers won 5_1 over the weekend, according to the Scotsman "with a strong team full of internationals" ....... thought Swally was bleating about the registration embargo because he didn't have a team? (again)....

In the interests of transparency we should be told..... is the Scotsman lying through its teeth .... or is someone else?

Twiglet
23-07-2012, 07:06 AM
I notice The Rangers won 5_1 over the weekend, according to the Scotsman "with a strong team full of internationals" ....... thought Swally was bleating about the registration embargo because he didn't have a team? (again)....

In the interests of transparency we should be told..... is the Scotsman lying through its teeth .... or is someone else?

Do the players need to be registered to play in a friendly? Teams field trialists at friendlies all the time but they wouldn_ be registered with that club.
The player registration for rangers is, or was at least 2 weeks ago, still with the old co.

Just Alf
23-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Do the players need to be registered to play in a friendly? Teams field trialists at friendlies all the time but they wouldn_ be registered with that club.
The player registration for rangers is, or was at least 2 weeks ago, still with the old co.

They're playing the games at murray park and it looks like they're being classed as combined training events...... so doesn't seem to apply :dunno::

VickMackie
23-07-2012, 07:57 AM
The liquidation is of no interest to the FTTT.

On your second point, the payment in the £ to creditors would be increased accordingly.

Thanks for the info.

CropleyWasGod
23-07-2012, 08:08 AM

See Rangers place? Will they have to get someone else to fillet?

IFONLY
23-07-2012, 08:10 AM

Wrong Ramsdens Im afraid!!!!!!

CropleyWasGod
23-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Wrong Ramsdens Im afraid!!!!!!

Ahhh, the subliminal power of sponsorship. :greengrin

greenginger
23-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Never realised the Ramsden Company sponsoring the Ramsden Cup was a cash for gold and pawn broking company.

How absolutely perfect for the destitute Govan tramps. :greengrin

Waxy
23-07-2012, 08:58 AM
I can see them losing ibrokes to the liquidators and having to develope a wee ground at murray park

Just Alf
23-07-2012, 09:38 AM

groan!

StevieC
23-07-2012, 09:52 AM
One of the papers is suggesting today that another sticking point in the delay to transfer the SFA membership is the SFL's refusal to sign over TV and media rights of Newco in the SFL. I'm not sure how that should affect the membership transfer, as it seems to be an issue between SPL and SFL.

Fair play to the SFL if that's the case though, and I hope the SFL stick to their guns. Their members were forced to accept Newco and I think it's only fair that they get the opportunity to cash in with a decent TV deal from someone.

Jim44
23-07-2012, 09:58 AM
The 'big' news overby is that Brian Kennedy is to make a £5.5M bid today for a controlling share in Newco. Sorry if already posted.

grunt
23-07-2012, 10:08 AM
This is hilarious...

http://eturnkeysec3340002378c9.users.site2you.com/content/sitenewsreadmore/infobox/news/template/default/active_id/1027

ginger_rice
23-07-2012, 10:27 AM
This is hilarious...

http://eturnkeysec3340002378c9.users.site2you.com/content/sitenewsreadmore/infobox/news/template/default/active_id/1027

Appears to me that Craigy Boy is playing with fire whilst holding several pounds of semtex in his hands.

Is that Di Stefano mentioned in the article the same guy who was at Dundee?

Gettin' Auld
23-07-2012, 10:31 AM

Aye it is. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
23-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Appears to me that Craigy Boy is playing with fire whilst holding several pounds of semtex in his hands.

That's him, he also tried to claim he was Sadaam Hussein's lawyer, and spoke for him in court. Readers of Private Eye are well acquainted with this man's antics.

JeMeSouviens
23-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Traynor's record piece today is an absolute belter even by his standards. The New Huns are apparently going to have such a love in with their new pals in the SFL that they're all going to set up in competition to the SPL and stop promotion/relegation.

grunt
23-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Traynor's record piece today is an absolute belter even by his standards.

The man's a buffoon.

What's the bid idea?

By jim Traynor (http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/jimtraynor/jim_traynor/) on Jul 23, 12 07:34 AM

WITH only days to go before Rangers begin life all over again there should be a sense of anticipation sweeping through a club which has been disgraced, discredited and dumped in the game's basement. At least they still have a pulse but 10 weeks after Charles Green agreed an exclusivity deal with Rangers' administrators, uncertainty and anxiety continue to stalk the corridors of Ibrox and Murray Park.

And I believe concern over the new club's finances has prompted Brian Kennedy to make a £5.6million bid for a controlling interest. Rangers sources insist that bid, more than Green and his partners from Zeus paid for the entire package, was made on June 25 and although rejected, my information is it remains on the table.

It is also understood from within Ibrox that there is growing concern over Rangers' future because Green's business plan was based on his club starting in the First Division at worst. One of the main planks of his model was a rush by fans to buy season tickets but so far no one has been trampled in the stampede to the box office. Yet, Green's own "Financial Offering", the document sent out to potential investors, made reference to raising as much as £15m through season tickets. There is still a wide credibility gap between Green and Rangers supporters. They remain unconvinced by the Yorkshireman and his people and so it seems do investors, even though an English sports agency said last week they want to pay £1m for a 10 per cent share. They didn't have to muscle their way to the front of a queue either, even though Green insisted from day one that attracting investors and money wouldn't be a problem. It was also written in his document that as much as £30m of working capital would be brought in by the middle of July and Rangers fans might want to ask where that money is. Green would say his plan was dependent on gaining control of the club through a CVA but even so, surely a handful, a few even, out of all the investors - I think, Charles, you may have mentioned 20 - he said were lined up might have gone ahead regardless. But where are they? Where's the money Charles? And is there enough to keep Rangers going long enough to survive the season?

The truth is Rangers' financial woes are far from over but any cash-flow problems could be solved if Green accepted Kennedy's offer which remains live. Kennedy, of course, tried to get Rangers on his own, and then by riding with the Blue Knights, but while they and others were left behind when Green made his blindside run, the English-based Scottish millionaire kept up to speed with developments.
He continued to monitor the situation very closely and our sources believe his offer to be substantial and fair. The deal is Kennedy would gain 51 per cent of the club in return for his money which would be used as working capital rather than to fill anyone's pockets and, within two years, Green's investors would get back the amounts they put in, with 10 per cent interest on top. It is understood Kennedy was reluctant to turn his back because he fears Rangers could slide back into administration, or worse. That's why he's willing to boost resources by injecting more than the purchase price paid by Green's group while still offering them the chance to get their money back, and then some.
The bid was dismissed when Green believed Rangers would start in the SPL or, at worst, the First Division but our information suggests attitudes within the controlling group might be softening now they are in the Third.

Understandably, there is acute concern that despite a series of charm offensives, season tickets have not been sold in great numbers. But there are one or two within Ibrox who are beginning to wonder if the fans would be tempted to pile in with Kennedy on board. Anger has also been simmering among the Rangers support because their club doesn't have a powerful voice at the game's top tables. They are asking why Green and club chairman Malcolm Murray haven't been more vociferous in defending Rangers against sanctions but with Kennedy and his management team in place that could be another problem solved.

The SFA, who hit Rangers with a £160,000 fine and a 12-month registration ban, and SFL have said they won't be pushing to have any of their trophies won by Rangers during the EBT years erased from the records. The SPL, however, have yet to tell their own agitators it might be time to focus on more important issues, like staying alive. Kennedy might have delivered that message long ago and he'd probably be warning that if the SPL remain entrenched over the issue of titles they might push Rangers to the point where they are happy to stay in the SFL, rather than return to a league which has made it very clear they couldn't accept them. The rift could become permanent if the SPL insist on further sanctions which would push Rangers even closer to their new neighbours.

In fact, the notion of the SFL and Rangers forming a stand-alone system, which would prevent promotion to the SPL has, I believe, been discussed informally and some think it has merit and possibilities. There are only two massive clubs in Scotland, even if one of them, Rangers, are on their knees. But they will get back to their feet and if they remained in the SFL the game's poor relations could very quickly become the stronger and richer of the two leagues. Naturally, the SPL would laugh at the very idea yet if, because of diminishing TV and sponsorship deals, they lose a few clubs they'd be reduced to Celtic, the game's main power, but perhaps only seven or eight impoverished others. Those clubs could be even less of an attraction to telly companies than now. On the other hand, SFL clubs would benefit from deals of their own because they now have one of the big two in their pack. And having already lost everything, Rangers have nothing left to risk. The SFL, and Rangers, might never have a better chance to grow, while the SPL, who left the others behind in 1998 to set up on their own, would become weaker. The SFA would probably be unable to resist a wish by the SFL and Rangers to stand alone and demand European places because they couldn't rule in favour of, say, eight or nine SPL clubs against 30 in the SFL. After all, haven't the SPL been insisting the voice of the majority must be heard?

First, Rangers have to stay alive and if Green needs the fans to back him through season-ticket sales he just might sell a few more by doing a deal with Kennedy. And Ally McCoist might be told for the first time how much he has to spend on his project: Rebuilding Rangers

lapsedhibee
23-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Yes, quite right that the SFL should be demanding a European place now that they're so fantastically strengthened.

And for the avoidance of doubt it should go to whichever team finishes in the place that NewHunCo finishes in, in whatever division they are in.

Waxy
23-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Yes, quite right that the SFL should be demanding a European place now that they're so fantastically strengthened.

And for the avoidance of doubt it should go to whichever team finishes in the place that NewHunCo finishes in, in whatever division they are in.Of course.Anything else would be a conspiracy.

Waxy
23-07-2012, 11:34 AM
The man's a buffoon.his next column will be about how sevco want the div two champions to be promoted to div three.

StevieC
23-07-2012, 11:38 AM
"within two years, Green's investors would get back the amounts they put in, with 10 per cent interest on top"

That's only around £500k?

Green's not daft, I'm sure even he's realised he could easily double his money if he broke the assets up and sold them seperately.

Crazyhorse
23-07-2012, 11:44 AM
The man's a buffoon.

What a bell-end Traynor is. He's obviously had a call from Kennedy and been promised a few lamb dinners.

Absolutely pathetic

Twa Cairpets
23-07-2012, 11:55 AM
The man's a buffoon.

Surely he has been experimenting in some perception altering drugs? This is beyond bonkers:

Celtic + other big clubs = no power. no competition, no attractiveness to tv, sponsors etc
Ranger + small clubs = power, glamour, magnificence.

What a total fuddly duddly

Waxy
23-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Yep this column is the one that proves he's lost his marbles.

Whats he doing right now?
Probably rocking back and forward in a corner of his bedroom in only a pair of pashed rangers yfronts,thumb in mouth humming "we are rangers".

LeighLoyal
23-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I note that Green is charging the zombie horde £300 a skull to watch Sevco take on the Third divi's finest part timers. :greengrin Only seriously thick zombie huns need apply. :aok: No doubt Jabba will buy a few!

ScottB
23-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Surely if Kennedy buys the club, Green will take the money and run. Quite how that changes their cashflow situation is a mystery to me...

CropleyWasGod
23-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Surely if Kennedy buys the club, Green will take the money and run. Quite how that changes their cashflow situation is a mystery to me...

I had to think about that too.

What I think he means is that Kennedy will buy the 51% stake, and Green won't actually take the cash right away. He will leave it in the company as a loan, at a decent rate of interest. That loan will be repayable as and when Sevco are in a position to do so.

YehButNoBut
23-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Looks like the income from season ticket sales will be drastically reduced according to this statement, will it be enough to cover costs?

Rangers FC (Official) (https://www.facebook.com/rangersfc.official?ref=stream)

In response to numerous calls from supporters requesting season ticket prices, the club would like to provide information regarding pricing for season 2012/2013 - subject to SFA membership.

The decision has been taken to reduce season ticket prices significantly - full Adult and concession season ticket prices will be reduced by ONE THIRD and Juveniles will be reduced by 50%.

READ the latest on season ticket pricing on the club website here: http://bit.ly/OiZplw

Caversham Green
23-07-2012, 01:26 PM

What I think he means is that Kennedy will buy the 51% stake, and Green won't actually take the cash right away. He will leave it in the company as a loan, at a decent rate of interest. That loan will be repayable as and when Sevco are in a position to do so.

I was thinking it might be a new share issue. I don't know how Green would emerge with a fixed return in two years though - I suppose there's a possibility that Jim Traynor's got it wrong...

hibs0666
23-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Hun 'game' on Wednesday night is postponed due to the huns still not being SFA members. There will a come a point - soon - when the SFL will need to decide to proceed without them.

jgl07
23-07-2012, 02:05 PM
I was thinking it might be a new share issue. I don't know how Green would emerge with a fixed return in two years though - I suppose there's a possibility that Jim Traynor's got it wrong...

It sounds like some sort of preference share issue?

ancienthibby
23-07-2012, 02:18 PM
It sounds like some sort of preference share issue?

Did ChuckieBoy not just sell 10% of Servo to some guy he put in charge of soonnottobeMurrayPark, so Mr Kennedy's offer for 51% for £5.6 million is in line with that valuation.

CB's days at Hunpox are numbered.:greengrin

frankhibs
23-07-2012, 04:44 PM
The National Collegiate Athletic Association on Monday banned Penn State University from post-season bowl games for four years, fined the university $60 million and imposed other sanctions in an unprecedented punishment for its inaction when officials were alerted to child sex abuse by former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.
At a news conference in Indianapolis, NCAA Mark Emmert said Penn State football scholarships would be reduced to 15 from 25 and team wins would be vacated from 1998-2011.
The governing body for U.S. college sports opted not to levy the so-called “death penalty” that would eliminate an entire season or more for the scandal-scarred football program.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/NCAA+bans+Penn+State+from+bowl+games+years+million +fine/6974794/story.html#ixzz21Ss9x8Ne

ancient hibee
23-07-2012, 05:39 PM

I've just seen a pig flying past my window.

shagpile
23-07-2012, 05:50 PM

So! Traynor can fly?

CropleyWasGod
23-07-2012, 06:11 PM

Why? It makes perfect sense from a cash flow point of view.

marinello59
23-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Sevco have denied that they have been in discussions with Kennedy. More publicity seeking?

jgl07
23-07-2012, 07:47 PM
The National Collegiate Athletic Association on Monday banned Penn State University from post-season bowl games for four years, fined the university $60 million and imposed other sanctions in an unprecedented punishment for its inaction when officials were alerted to child sex abuse by former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.
At a news conference in Indianapolis, NCAA Mark Emmert said Penn State football scholarships would be reduced to 15 from 25 and team wins would be vacated from 1998-2011.
The governing body for U.S. college sports opted not to levy the so-called “death penalty” that would eliminate an entire season or more for the scandal-scarred football program.

And that was for employing ONE sex offender.

Imagine what would happen if they had hired TWO?

LeighLoyal
23-07-2012, 07:56 PM
And fat Sally thinks they've been punished enough! Sally says no! Total hun carrot.

garlic
23-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Dont shoot the messenger.
Brian Kennedy back in the frame.Will offer to buy (the club) but not the stadium and look to ground share with either Killie,Motherwell or St Mirren until Green is forced to sell the Stadium as its un-used.:dunno:

Was beginning to think my info was wrong but the timescale looks about right.Kennedy says he made his offer on the 27th June although Green says he knows nothing about it.?????

SteveHFC
23-07-2012, 08:43 PM
I was sitting in the pub last night, when in came this very attractive girl, wearing not just a Rangers top, but a scarf also. She then gave me the glad eye for half an hour, before bringing me a pint of lager and chatting me up for another half hour. Finally, she said to me, "Fancy taking me home?" I said, "Sorry hen, but your just not in my league."

gramskiwood
23-07-2012, 10:29 PM
:greengrin

I was sitting in the pub last night, when in came this very attractive girl, wearing not just a Rangers top, but a scarf also. She then gave me the glad eye for half an hour, before bringing me a pint of lager and chatting me up for another half hour. Finally, she said to me, "Fancy taking me home?" I said, "Sorry hen, but your just not in my league."

Liberal Hibby
24-07-2012, 12:17 AM

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/NCAA+bans+Penn+State+from+bowl+games+years+million +fine/6974794/story.html#ixzz21Ss9x8Ne

Shouldn't this be in a Celtc thread?

jgl07
24-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Shouldn't this be in a Celtc thread?

No Hearts thread would be more topical!

jdships
24-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Had a chat , on Sunday, with a player who left RFC over the past weeks .
He suggested that Green may just play along with SPL/SFL et al , until the last minute and then if he is of the mind will simply " liquidate" the business , sell off the assets at a handsome profit and walk away .
This would presumeably mean there would be no RFC ,no Sevco and another team would have to be added to Div 3
He also said that the £5.5 M paid was a loan to be paid back by 2020 . This equates to approx £ 750,000 per annum plus interest.
I would imagine that unless they sell a great number of ST's they will have cash flow problems given those figures and the running costs to operate the club.

This simply came up in a general conversation about Scottish football therefore have no basis for saying it is true :greengrin.

:confused:

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Had a chat , on Sunday, with a player who left RFC over the past weeks .
He suggested that Green may just play along with SPL/SFL et al , until the last minute and then if he is of the mind will simply " liquidate" the business , sell off the assets at a handsome profit and walk away .
This would presumeably mean there would be no RFC ,no Sevco and another team would have to be added to Div 3
He also said that the £5.5 M paid was a loan to be paid back by 2020 . This equates to approx £ 750,000 per annum plus interest.
I would imagine that unless they sell a great number of ST's they will have cash flow problems given those figures and the running costs to operate the club.

This simply came up in a general conversation about Scottish football therefore have no basis for saying it is true :greengrin.

:confused:

If he does that, he can expect a knock on his door from BDO. :agree:

calmac12000
24-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Why is this crap still going on?
Surely, at this point with the season due to start, for the followers of Mordor at least on Saturday it's fairly obvious that the SFL are going to do diddly squat. As for the TV money surely that's a matter for the SFL clubs and not donkey Doncaster's dimwits. Also last I heard News International don't employ either Doncaster or Reagan as consultants. Since, they certainly don't appear to have acted on behalf of Scottish football, with their near constant diminishing of the product their supposedly employed to advocate.
I just want to get back to football and supporting Hibs, even if that will undoubtedly be full of the usual angst. Leave it to the likes of Traynor to cry about how harsh the world is and I confidently predict the West coast laptop loyal will suddenly develop an interest in the lower tier of Scottish football. Not to mention become overnight evangelists for league reconstruction.:grr:

LeighLoyal
24-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Why is this crap still going on?
Surely, at this point with the season due to start, for the followers of Mordor at least on Saturday it's fairly obvious that the SFL are going to do diddly squat. As for the TV money surely that's a matter for the SFL clubs and not donkey Doncaster's dimwits. Also last I heard News International don't employ either Doncaster or Reagan as consultants. Since, they certainly don't appear to have acted on behalf of Scottish football, with their near constant diminishing of the product their supposedly employed to advocate.
I just want to get back to football and supporting Hibs, even if that will undoubtedly be full of the usual angst. Leave it to the likes of Traynor to cry about how harsh the world is and I confidently predict the West coast laptop loyal will suddenly develop an interest in the lower tier of Scottish football. Not to mention become overnight evangelists for league reconstruction.:grr:

As long as it ends badly for the sc um class zombie bigots who can complain?

jdships
24-07-2012, 10:18 AM

Absolutely !
Also a few others I would imagine. :greengrin
I find it amazing that this saga has been allowed to just roll on . It's as if this is being done on purpose so that people will have got fed up with the whole thing and be glad to accept any solution. :confused:
A number of " suits" from various organisations have a few questions to answer on the handling of this affair :rolleyes:

:flag:

ancient hibee
24-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Why? It makes perfect sense from a cash flow point of view.

And no sense from Greene's point of view.Why would he want to leave his money in a company over which he has no control?

As for Kennedy his business reputation must be heading downhill.He wouldn't offer £7million for 100%of Rangers but now wants to offer £5.5million for 51%of Sevco a company with considerably fewer assets than Rangers.

johnrebus
24-07-2012, 11:10 AM
And no sense from Greene's point of view.Why would he want to leave his money in a company over which he has no control?
As for Kennedy his business reputation must be heading downhill.He wouldn't offer £7million for 100%of Rangers but now wants to offer £5.5million for 51%of Sevco a company with considerably fewer assets than Rangers.

Two reasons

1. He has not put any of his own money into it.

2. He thought he was involved in buying a football club, looking to make a fast buck. Like most people outside Scotland, he had no idea of the baggage that comes along with that particular club.

:cb

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2012, 11:13 AM

Because he would demand an exorbitant interest rate. Backed up by a charge on Ibrox, he would be sorted.

Moulin Yarns
24-07-2012, 11:42 AM
meanwhile in England. I don't know what the similaarities or differences are between the two situations, but it might make interesting reading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18958234

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17132843

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18931177

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18931177

Hibs Class
24-07-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18972417

Who do we reckon is backing down on the dual contracts investigation and media rights then?

Part/Time Supporter
24-07-2012, 01:29 PM

Who do we reckon is backing down on the dual contracts investigation and media rights then?

Nobody as yet. Green's trying to portray the SPL as being unreasonable in wanting the investigation to be continued. Celtic would go ape**** if it was dropped, so that's not going to happen.

Hibby Kay-Yay
24-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Ally McMoist has already said that they would never agree to the club being stripped of titles. That's good enough for me then...time to issue that membership :rolleyes:

ggth
24-07-2012, 02:49 PM
i take it the new co will need a new strip and team badge?
just wondering when they will stop wearing there current crap

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2012, 02:51 PM
i take it the new co will need a new strip and team badge?
just wondering when they will stop wearing there current crap

No. They bought those from the old company.

ggth
24-07-2012, 02:59 PM

I dont know anything bout laws etc, but to me it seems strange that they can wear the badge of a co. that went bust

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2012, 03:03 PM
I dont know anything bout laws etc, but to me it seems strange that they can wear the badge of a co. that went bust

If Coca Cola went into liquidation, and Pepsi bought their assets, one of the things they would want most would be the Coke "brand". Sevco have bought the Rangers brand, in the same way.

ggth
24-07-2012, 03:11 PM

Jim44
24-07-2012, 03:14 PM

Tail wags dog sensation.

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2012, 03:25 PM

Echo....:greengrin

Alan62
24-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Does Charles Green know where Brechin is? Seems a bit premature to be loading the bus for a game on Sunday!

"I'm really hopeful now that within the next 24 hours we can have this thing signed and sealed and Alastair can start loading his players on a team coach to go up and try to win a match on Sunday."
Charles Green, Tuesday 24th July 2012

Dalkeith
24-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

Further to Charles Green's claims on RangersTV earlier, SFA have told STV that Stewart Regan has no scheduled meeting with Green today:confused:

greenginger
24-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Ally McMoist has already said that they would never agree to the club being stripped of titles. That's good enough for me then...time to issue that membership :rolleyes:

There is good precedent in Scot's law for stripping corpses of their effects, one example not far from Easter Road. In Lochend Park there is one of these notice boards with a bit of history of the area.

Seemingly at the beginning of the 17th century there was an attempted assassination of James the Sixth known as the Ruthven Conspiracy. The King survived , a few people were executed but the local landowners, the Logans of Restalrig although suspected of involvement were never tried for lack of evidence and the Earl Logan died a couple of years later and was interred in the family tomb in Leith.

More evidence was then found to implicate the deceased Earl so his corpse was removed from its tomb and taken to Edinburgh Castle and put on trial for treason. Not being in a position to put up much of a defence he was found guilty and all the lands of Restalrig were forfeited by the Logan family.

Legend has it a faithful servant of the Logans, Swally Mac of Oist, defended the family to the end , screaming he would never accept the forfeiture of the Logan's lands but nobody paid any attention to the fool who was interred in the bedlam in a town known as the Dear Green Place. :greengrin

Lungo--Drom
24-07-2012, 04:11 PM
One would have good reason to suspect so :agree: but mere mortals like us haven't reached the required quantum to find out the truth :faf:

Sevco have denied that they have been in discussions with Kennedy. More publicity seeking?

Lungo--Drom
24-07-2012, 04:15 PM
:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: superb!

Lungo--Drom
24-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Not to mention a crowd of angry Huns, jaked up to the eyeballs and carrying machetes and clubs :paranoid: :cb:

YehButNoBut
24-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Interview with Green today re latest at Rangers can be viewed here if anyone interested. :lolrangers:

http://rangerstv.tv/viewfree.php?it=10424&c=archive&r=236678734985

calmac12000
24-07-2012, 04:32 PM

To be fair, it appears to be SEVCO's policy to deny everything!

WindyMiller
24-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Interview with Green today re latest at Rangers can be viewed here if anyone interested. :lolrangers:

http://rangerstv.tv/viewfree.php?it=10424&c=archive&r=236678734985

Ye shouldnae be allowed to post such links.

Nearly burnt ma eyes oot!!

:boo hoo:

snooky
24-07-2012, 05:11 PM
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/h/hydra.html

:chop:

Where's Heracles when you need him?

Spike Mandela
24-07-2012, 05:12 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/112275-ian-black-poised-to-sign-three-year-contract-to-play-for-rangers/

And so it begins. £134m or so unpaid to large and small creditors. £14m PAYE withheld from HMRC. Money not paid to other football clubs. Punishments dodged or ineffectual.

Now they sign players we and most of the SPL can't afford. Something stinks in the state of Scottish football.

snooky
24-07-2012, 06:42 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/112275-ian-black-poised-to-sign-three-year-contract-to-play-for-rangers/

And so it begins. £134m or so unpaid to large and small creditors. £14m PAYE withheld from HMRC. Money not paid to other football clubs. Punishments dodged or ineffectual.

Now they sign players we and most of the SPL can't afford. Something stinks in the state of Scottish football.

You're King Of The Understatement, Spike.

Rancid - now what is that word similar to? :hmmm:

Spike Mandela
24-07-2012, 09:42 PM
“@BBCchrismclaug: Following talks between #Rangers, SPL and SFA tonight, it seems the situation remains at deadlock. No further forward with SFA membership”

“@BBCchrismclaug: Sticking point in way of #SFA membership is #Rangers insistence that they are not prosecuted for dual contracts.”

Note the use of the word 'insistence'. Arrogant *******s. Unbelievable!

Hibs Class
24-07-2012, 10:12 PM
“@BBCchrismclaug: Following talks between #Rangers, SPL and SFA tonight, it seems the situation remains at deadlock. No further forward with SFA membership”

“@BBCchrismclaug: Sticking point in way of #SFA membership is #Rangers insistence that they are not prosecuted for dual contracts.”

Their stance sounds like a hun own goal. They know they are guilty and are being opportunistic in trying to get away with it but they may have misjudged the situation. Difficult to see how the SPL could back down and give in to those kind of threats.

ballengeich
24-07-2012, 10:15 PM

For me continuation of the dual contract investigation is even more important for "sporting integrity" than which division Rangers restart in. They've applied for a transfer of Rangers' SFA membership so they have to accept responsibility for past misconduct as well as claiming the history of past success. If they don't then there's no reason for clubs to follow any rules on player eligibility again.

I believe that Green will not be particularly concerned about the stripping of past titles. I'd expect him to concede that as a possible result of the investigation, and if McCoist is so upset that he resigns that will be a bonus, bringing a much needed reduction in the wage bill without a payoff being required. What will worry him is possible other punishments that could have an impact on his financial plans. I suspect that's what he's trying to get an agreement on.

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2012, 10:31 PM

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

Further to Charles Green's claims on RangersTV earlier, SFA have told STV that Stewart Regan has no scheduled meeting with Green today

Someone's telling porkies.:wink:

calmac12000
24-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

Further to Charles Green's claims on RangersTV earlier, SFA have told STV that Stewart Regan has no scheduled meeting with Green today

Someone's telling porkies.:wink:

That's simply awful! In all honesty most of what's come out of Ibrox for the last six months has been at the very least somewhat economical with the truth. To be fair Reagan and Doncaster have not revealed themselves to be totally credible or consistent in the course of this saga either.
Nonetheless the issue of possible double contracts is so central to any notion of sporting integrity and fair play that what little kudos the Scottish game possesses, would almost certainly vanish instantly.
What is particularly galling is that non-Hun's supporters seemed to have been content, if not happy to allow the SFA/SFL to conduct their enquiries with all the haste of a condemned man.
Yet still the arrogant cheating Hun's are not happy, I ask you?

SteveHFC
24-07-2012, 11:52 PM
http://www.snspix.com/image/7606179_400_400_0_0_fit_0_73988f3ad5a45b1bce5ed5da 46e467d7.jpg

cabbageandribs1875
25-07-2012, 01:38 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4449032/SFA-death-threat-over-Rangers-titles-KO.html

A FOOTIE official’s family received DEATH THREATS after it was revealed crisis-hit Rangers could be stripped of titles.
And he warned SPL bosses he would QUIT if they took back honours won by Rangers

no more threats McCoist....just do it ya ****** ned sh@t-stirring classless TW@T

Jack
25-07-2012, 06:27 AM
I suspect the problem will be with the dual contracts is that once found guilty UEFA will pile in with sanctions that could see the zombiehuns out of European competition for a lot longer than the minimum 3 years they are at the moment.

jonty
25-07-2012, 08:05 AM
#SFA say decision on title stripping not been made but come aug10th #SPL committee will strip Rangers of titles & cups if CG accepts licence

:hmmm:

jonty
25-07-2012, 08:40 AM
One flew out of the cuckoos nest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL8_JwhD1Mk&feature=related

Crazyhorse
25-07-2012, 09:20 AM
One flew out of the cuckoos nest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL8_JwhD1Mk&feature=related

Was that GDSTV? Nice of him to put the record straight on a few of his important cases.

Its hard to know what to say except that its nice to see him involved with hunco...

LeighLoyal
25-07-2012, 09:21 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4449032/SFA-death-threat-over-Rangers-titles-KO.html

A FOOTIE official’s family received DEATH THREATS after it was revealed crisis-hit Rangers could be stripped of titles.

And he warned SPL bosses he would QUIT if they took back honours won by Rangers

no more threats McCoist....just do it ya ****** ned sh@t-stirring classless TW@T

McCoist's crown as the cheeky chappy acceptable face of hunnery has definitely slipped. Classless wee ned.

cockneymike
25-07-2012, 09:23 AM
It's pretty simple Huns; if you want to keep your sectarian history, you're going to have to pay some pretty severe penalties, including signing bans, stripping of titles, big fines and european bans.

If you want to get away without any of those, then you need to start again and confine the history to just that.

Which part of Fat Ally's small brain doesn't get that? :rolleyes:

johnrebus
25-07-2012, 09:38 AM
I suspect the problem will be with the dual contracts is that once found guilty UEFA will pile in with sanctions that could see the zombiehuns out of European competition for a lot longer than the minimum 3 years they are at the moment.

Neither UEFA or FIFA have taken much interest in the Hun fiasco so far, so I wouldn't hold my breath. In the general scheme of world football we are irrelevant.

All we can hope for is that the SFA/SPL stand firm and not allow the accused to dictate to the the judge and jury what the punishment should be.

IMHO it is increasingly likely that there will be no Rangers playing football next season. In a perfect world I would doubt if they would ever come back at all.

But this isn't a perfect world.

:rolleyes:

marinello59
25-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Neither UEFA or FIFA have taken much interest in the Hun fiasco so far, so I wouldn't hold my breath. In the general scheme of world football we are irrelevant.

All we can hope for is that the SFA/SPL stand firm and not allow the accused to dictate to the the judge and jury what the punishment should be.

IMHO it is increasingly likely that there will be no Rangers playing football next season. In a perfect world I would doubt if they would ever come back at all.

But this isn't a perfect world.

:rolleyes:

They have already said it is a domestic issue. As long as Sevco go along with sanctions decided by the Football authorities in Scotland....(authorities? That's a laugh!)........then they willl stay clear.

Jack
25-07-2012, 09:50 AM
They have already said it is a domestic issue. As long as Sevco go along with sanctions decided by the Football authorities in Scotland....(authorities? That's a laugh!)........then they willl stay clear.

When the outcome of the EBT scam is out in the open and the SFA take the action they will be forced into (Sion / Swiss league / UEFA scenario) I don't think UEFA will be able to ignore all the matches where ineligible players were used in their competitions.

Lungo--Drom
25-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Probably the 97% of it that is formed of residue chip fat and beer hops :agree:

...Which part of Fat Ally's small brain doesn't get that? :rolleyes:

jgl07
25-07-2012, 11:38 AM
The Herald reports that the FA have instructed Southampton not to pay the Steven Davis to Rangers but to pass it to the SFA.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/fa-step-in-over-davis-payment-to-newco.18237489

LeighLoyal
25-07-2012, 11:44 AM
The Herald reports that the FA have instructed Southampton not to pay the Steven Davis to Rangers put to pass it to the SFA.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/fa-step-in-over-davis-payment-to-newco.18237489

:greengrin

At least some good news there.

It is perplexing (stomach wrenching) that they are going to be allowed to sign players. They owe millions across Europe to clubs, claim they are the same entity, but won't pay up. They should be barred from all transfers until that money is paid back if they claim one bead of Rangers Football Club's 140 year sectarian history.

jgl07
25-07-2012, 12:53 PM
The fixture situation is no clearer from the BBC website.

The Rangers FC have fixtures against Brechin away (Challenge Cup) and East Fife at home (League Cup) but do not appear on the SFL3 Fixtures or League Table.

Even more puzzling is that Club 12 no longer feature on the SPL Fixtures although it still appears on the League Table. No mention of Dundee anywhere.

Dundee still appear on the SFL1 League Table but their first SFL1 Fixture against Dumbarton is listed as Postponed. Airdrie United appear in the SFL2 League table but not in either the SFL1 or SFL2 Fixtures. Stranraer also appear to be in limbo while appearing in the SFL3 League Table.

As I read things the only thing still to be decided is if Rangers will play in SFL3 or if they will be cast into the wilderness. Either way there is nothing to stop the SPL, SFL1, and SFL2 Fixtures being finalized. Not very professional given that the season starts in two/three weeks time.

I appreciated that fixtures will have to be adjusted in some cases to avoid Dundee and Dundee United being at home on the same day but that should not affect any of Dundee's away fixtures including that which should be happening two weeks on Saturday (away to Kilmarnock).

TrinityHibs
25-07-2012, 02:23 PM

So thats the 24 hours up. I trust everything is now sorted at the hunnery

Andy74
25-07-2012, 02:34 PM
The Herald reports that the FA have instructed Southampton not to pay the Steven Davis to Rangers but to pass it to the SFA.

Southampton are stupid for paying any money to anyone for an ex Rangers player.

hibeesdude
25-07-2012, 02:46 PM
The scraped knuckle drums over on rangers media seem to think licence has been granted and are waiting for official notification

Onion
25-07-2012, 03:11 PM

This is the same Huns that took the SFA to court just a few weeks ago, and appear to have got away with that. IMHO, they have not shown enough remorse or learned their lesson and need to be slapped until they do. Or put in the naughty corner for a season. NewHuns are acting like spoiled brats and need to be treated as such until their learn some humility and grow up.

SmashinGlass
25-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Given that Portsmouth are now pretty close to Liquidation themselves, I wonder what steps will be taken to reconstruct the league setup down South to accommodate any newco that may come of it?

Hibs Class
25-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Given that Portsmouth are now pretty close to Liquidation themselves, I wonder what steps will be taken to reconstruct the league setup down South to accommodate any newco that may come of it?

I bet sevco have discussed the possibility of applying for any space created by portsmouth disappearing.

Jim44
25-07-2012, 03:43 PM

Southampton were not giving Newco money out of sympathy or the goodness of their heart. They were sweetening Green so that he would overlook the move which he claims is illegal,

grunt
25-07-2012, 04:25 PM

Southampton were not giving Newco money out of sympathy or the goodness of their heart. They were sweetening Green so that he would overlook the move which he claims is illegal,It doesn't matter how this is spun, Southampton are still stupid to have paid money they didn't need to. IMO.

CropleyWasGod
25-07-2012, 05:02 PM
It doesn't matter how this is spun, Southampton are still stupid to have paid money they didn't need to. IMO.

I am not so sure that they are. Clearly, Davis had a value to them, and they probably paid less than that; so they secured a player on the cheap, without having the uncertainty of waiting for clearance like the other clubs.

However, the key thing for me is whether Davis was employed (employed, not registered :greengrin) by Sevco or not. If he didn't transfer his contract, then Sevco were arguably acting fraudently in asking for money for him. If he did transfer his contract, then they probably have a right to the money.

jamieross
25-07-2012, 07:01 PM
I see on twitter Robbie Savage has been whoring himself out to Sevco fans even going as far as to say he play for them for free! Says he could still do a job in scots D3. Wonder if anything will come of it? :confused:

Waxy
25-07-2012, 07:06 PM
I see on twitter Robbie Savage has been whoring himself out to Sevco fans even going as far as to say he play for them for free! Says he could still do a job in scots D3. Wonder if anything will come of it? :confused:Major disrespect to the div3 teams.Perhaps every SPL team should loan Berwick a player for a year for free.See how long we can keep them down for.

bighairyfaeleith
25-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Major disrespect to the div3 teams.Perhaps every SPL team should loan Berwick a player for a year for free.See how long we can keep them down for.

What have berwick ever done to you that you would wish any of our players on them?:greengrin

BBC reporting that broad agreement has been reached on membership. Hopefully it's as spot on as there reporting has been throughout this delightful little saga:wink:

3pm
25-07-2012, 07:39 PM
I have no idea why I follow him so don't ask.

On Twitter saying he's sent a text to Charles Green to say he'll play for Sevco for free!! Prick!!

calmac12000
25-07-2012, 08:04 PM
For goodness sake, this crap should have been sorted out many weeks ago. Instead the so-called administrators of our game have dragged their feet, primarily to avoid any harm to Rangers. Whilst, at the same time the reputation of Scottish football or more accurately its ghost is been dragged through the slime that is Rangers and we're all supposed to look the other way if we can't applaud

wearethehibs
25-07-2012, 08:06 PM
He's a knob. Think ill unfollow him after the pish he's been saying tonight. Offering to play for free at The Huns. Why no play for a team that would actually need a player like him. Im sure Berwick would take him.

easty
25-07-2012, 08:11 PM

On Twitter saying he's sent a text to Charles Green to say he'll play for Sevco for free!! Prick!!

Isnt Twitter just for celebs, schoolkids and those folk who are on The Only Way is Essex? :confused:

Jack
25-07-2012, 08:14 PM
For goodness sake, this crap should have been sorted out many weeks ago. Instead the so-called administrators of our game have dragged their feet, primarily to avoid any harm to Rangers. Whilst, at the same time the reputation of Scottish football or more accurately its ghost is been dragged through the slime that is Rangers and we're all supposed to look the other way if we can't applaud

I agree it should have been sorted out months ago. But its not the fault of the football authorities.

Think Sir David Murray, although he did his best to try and sell the rancid club for years before he duped White.

Think Snow White himself

Think Duff and Duffer - and all the false bidders and false dawns and missed deadlines.

Think of Yorkshire puddings (with gravy mmmmmmmmmm) holding out for unreasonably lenient entry to SPL, SFL and now the SFA.

Its only them that are to blame - no one else.

Lungo--Drom
25-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Yuk, can you go lower than that offer? Well I suppose he could offer post-match massages with 'extras' (shudders at thought)

Eyrie
25-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Isnt Twitter just for celebs, schoolkids and those folk who are on The Only Way is Essex? :confused:

Depends what you want from it. I use it as a news feed and to collate my interests in one place so that I can follow up any articles which catch my eye. Certainly wouldn't indulge attention seeking idiots like Robbie Savage though.

CallumLaidlaw
25-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Ian Black's agent due at Ibrox tomorrow to finalise his move to #Rangers. Deal a substantial increase on what he was on at #Hearts.

Absolutely disgusting

Hibercelona
25-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Ian Black's agent due at Ibrox tomorrow to finalise his move to #Rangers. Deal a substantial increase on what he was on at #Hearts.

Absolutely disgusting

They're clearly getting help from somewhere.

Steve20
26-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Major disrespect to the div3 teams.Perhaps every SPL team should loan Berwick a player for a year for free.See how long we can keep them down for.

He's not wrong, though. Could probably still do a job in the SPL.

I know you're only kidding about loaning a team a player for a year, but they'd still win the league easy.

JeMeSouviens
26-07-2012, 07:55 AM
They're clearly getting help from somewhere.

They're gambling on getting decent crowds. It's a tricky one for Green, he's got to try and prove he's serious about putting a decent team on the park to win favour with the orcs. Plus they've got to get players in now who can win Div2 at a canter because they'll still be embargoed next summer. Any hint of a struggle and the moaning from the Huns will be unprecedented. They are the biggest set of spoilt *******s in world football.

I expect them to cruise up through the divisions but there is still plenty that could go wrong for them, so fingers crossed.

grunt
26-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Is this now Day 6 of the "negotiations"?
Does anyone have any insight into what exactly is being negotiated?

Onion
26-07-2012, 08:16 AM

IMHO they will be discussing the detail of how the SFA & SPL will be softening the blow further down the line for RFC with promises of league reconstruction to fast-track their route to the top, how they will "guarantee :wink:" at least 2 Celtic matches a year, how the favouring system of referees will be managed in Div 3, the "commission" going to Regan and Doncaster for facilitating RFC's recovery.

How exactly Regan and Doncaster are still involved in this scandal beggers belief. I'm surprised politicians haven't waded in to get these crooks removed from their positions, but then again, I'm not.

Paisley Hibby
26-07-2012, 08:23 AM

I'm sure that there would be plenty of players in SFL3 who would welcome the opportunity to bring him down to size. He thinks he's hard - but he ain't seen nothing!

LeighLoyal
26-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Confuses me slightly that Sevco have to accept the sanctions for the dual contracts, that is surely an oldco deal? Titles will be stripped from the oldco, newco should have no recourse on it :confused:

JeMeSouviens
26-07-2012, 08:52 AM

Latest "insider" stuff (no idea how true) from RTC blog suggests the outcome will be:

- Registration embargo for one year from Sep 1 (as widely trailed).
- Dual contract investigation shelved until tax FTT result is known.
- Given FTT result and investigation both find OldHuns guilty, titles may be stripped from OldHuns but ...
- No further sanctions from OldHuns misdeeds to be attached to NewHuns.
- NewHuns to pay outstanding football debts of OldHuns.
- NewHuns don't get OldHuns money for 2nd place finish last season.

BarneyK
26-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Latest "insider" stuff (no idea how true) from RTC blog suggests the outcome will be:

- Given FTT result and investigation both find OldHuns guilty, titles may be stripped from OldHuns but ...
- NewHuns don't get OldHuns money for 2nd place finish last season.

I think that's all fair enough. There should certainly be a stripping of any affected titles, but apart from that - let them get on with it. I'm not sure why the dual contract investigation should be shelved though if it's to have no real impact on Newco? :dunno: Well, apart from Sally quitting, likes :wink:

greenginger
26-07-2012, 09:02 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/07/25/rangers-bid-for-licence-set-to-go-down-to-the-wire-as-sfa-chief-insists-it-s-no-done-deal-86908-23912291/

Don't know if its just Green/Daily record bullsh*t but it seems the SFA are to set up a tribunal to overrule FIFA and force clubs to compensate the " People ".

Also read somewhere else the OldCo are refusing to transfer their SPL share to Dundee until they get what they want from the negotiations ? :confused:

JeMeSouviens
26-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I think that's all fair enough. There should certainly be a stripping of any affected titles, but apart from that - let them get on with it. I'm not sure why the dual contract investigation should be shelved though if it's to have no real impact on Newco? :dunno: Well, apart from Sally quitting, likes :wink:

It has become the focal point for the Hun hordes. Green has to keep them onside but even the SPL can't back down on this one so a convenient delay while he tries to sell some season tickets and the chance to "blame" the result on the judges of the FTT suits both parties.

johnrebus
26-07-2012, 09:15 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/07/25/rangers-bid-for-licence-set-to-go-down-to-the-wire-as-sfa-chief-insists-it-s-no-done-deal-86908-23912291/

Don't know if its just Green/Daily record bullsh*t but it seems the SFA are to set up a tribunal to overrule FIFA and force clubs to compensate the " People ".

Also read somewhere else the OldCo are refusing to transfer their SPL share to Dundee until they get what they want from the negotiations ? :confused:

Negotiations.

The point surely is that Sevco5088 do not have anything to bargain with, so how can there be any 'negotiations'?

Speechless.

:sofa:

BarneyK
26-07-2012, 09:16 AM

They'll have to prove the illegality of the so-called broken contracts before they're due a penny, and the concensus seems to be that they are pissing against the wind with that one. And given the SFA don't seem to have a clue regarding the legalities of the whole situation, it sounds doubtful they'd be getting involved. You ever get the impression Chuckie just makes stuff up...

BarneyK
26-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Negotiations.

The point surely is that Sevco5088 do not have anything to bargain with, so how can there be any 'negotiations'?

Speechless.

:sofa:

Theoretically they have their brand and large support as bargaining tools, but given they actually have nowehere else to go, it's really just sabre rattling. As usual, the Scottish media is doing all to help them though.

grunt
26-07-2012, 09:45 AM

- NewHuns don't get OldHuns money for 2nd place finish last season.So Rangers (whether NewCo or OldCo) are to get away with 10 years of cheating and all they will suffer is a meaningless retrospective adjustment of the record books. They knowingly withheld information on their players' contracts from the SPL and will get away with it, when lowly Spartans were thrown out of the Scottish Cup for an administrative error. This is not right. And they get the benefits of the OldCo connection - i.e. direct entry to the SFL. I'd be interested in the HMRC view of the requirement for NewCo to selectively pay some of the creditors of OldCo. Stinks.

grunt
26-07-2012, 09:48 AM
QC to face criminal charges for failing to pay HMRC £600k VAT - wonder if Whyte will ever be brought to account?

http://blog.cps.gov.uk/2012/07/queens-counsel-to-face-charge-over-600000-vat-fraud.html

Jack
26-07-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm sure its been said before but ....

The SFA should say these are the conditions of entry, take it or leave it.

As for the alleged refusal to transfer the share. Cancel it and make up a new one.

BarneyK
26-07-2012, 10:04 AM
So Rangers (whether NewCo or OldCo) are to get away with 10 years of cheating and all they will suffer is a meaningless retrospective adjustment of the record books. They knowingly withheld information on their players' contracts from the SPL and will get away with it, when lowly Spartans were thrown out of the Scottish Cup for an administrative error. This is not right. And they get the benefits of the OldCo connection - i.e. direct entry to the SFL. I'd be interested in the HMRC view of the requirement for NewCo to selectively pay some of the creditors of OldCo. Stinks.

I don't think that Newco in law have any obligation to pay any of the creditors, the fact that they may have to would be purely down to an SFA condition for license. It's not fair of course, but there you go. Equally, it's not right that they (for we know it's still them) get away with the dual contracts. That said, there's not much can be done to Oldco, and it could be argued that it has nowt to do with Newco. There is still of course the grey area of whether they retain the history of Oldco. If they do, then surely they should have to embrace the punishments for wrongdoing of the Oldco? I think there's a little bit on both sides of folk wanting their cake and eating it. We want them to lose their history and still to be punished for it, whilst they want to retain their history, while washing their hands of any punishment resulting from it.

Caversham Green
26-07-2012, 10:06 AM

I can't see how that makes sense. If the SFA tribunal decide Whittaker is worth £2m and they 'order' Norwich to pay it, what if Norwich say no? They have absolutely no power over English clubs and if they refuse to release the player's registration them presumably FIFA can overrule them.

Regarding the share, they're not in a position to refuse to transfer it, the SPL can simply transfer it for them without needing any action by D&P.

grunt
26-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I can't see how that makes sense. If the SFA tribunal decide Whittaker is worth £2m and they 'order' Norwich to pay it, what if Norwich say no? They have absolutely no power over English clubs and if they refuse to release the player's registration them presumably FIFA can overrule them.So now the SFA are going to help Rangers obtain money they're not entitled to under TUPE law? This beggars belief.

BarneyK
26-07-2012, 10:13 AM
So now the SFA are going to help Rangers obtain money they're not entitled to under TUPE law? This beggars belief.

It certainly does. Then again, probably best to take with a pinch of salt anything muttered by Chuckie Green, and most certainly anything printed in the Record.

grunt
26-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Equally, it's not right that they (for we know it's still them) get away with the dual contracts. That said, there's not much can be done to Oldco, and it could be argued that it has nowt to do with Newco. Simple. Suspend the licence of the club who cheated over the dual contracts for a year. Or two.

grunt
26-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Ally McCoist parking in disabled bay at Ibrox

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/dailyrecord3/jul2012/2/4/charles-green-and-ally-mccoist-arrive-at-ibrox-after-the-spl-vote-344044266.jpg

ballengeich
26-07-2012, 10:33 AM

The report's a combination of inaccurate reporting and Green's spin. FIFA have given players provisional permission to transfer and play for their new clubs while their status is investigated. The SFA is to conduct an inquiry into the position. It hasn't been set up to assist Rangers claim and can (and imo should) decide that no transfer fee is payable. There's a query been raised about how football's regulations apply to the players who've left so due process has to be observed.

Malthibby
26-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Assuming I haven't missed something, is the ownership of Ibrox et al still unclear?
GG

woodythehibee
26-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Deano, Black, Beattie etc all being offered around £7k per week. Makes you sick that a club with all their financial difficulties and plying their trade in Div 3 can pay these amounts of money.

Northernhibee
26-07-2012, 02:29 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=232894

This is the best thread I think they've come up with on Rangers Media. Discussing the level of hatred in Scottish football,that us and the sheep are ****, that football should be competitive and fun and we've ruined that.

:kettle:

The Falcon
26-07-2012, 03:06 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=232894

This is the best thread I think they've come up with on Rangers Media. Discussing the level of hatred in Scottish football,that us and the sheep are ****, that football should be competitive and fun and we've ruined that.

:kettle:

I enjoyed this line from someone called Guardian;

"As for the other teams, the boycotts in store for them will see them struggle to stay ahead of the grim reaper."

He caught their lot easy enough.

LeighLoyal
26-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Obvious the Orc tactic with the SFA is run it to the wire before accepting terms. Same way they treated paying bills when Minty ran Mordor.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2012, 05:08 PM
This whole fiasco gets harder to figure out by the day, where the hell is Chick Young, i need him to clear a few of these things up for me?

Paisley Hibby
26-07-2012, 05:22 PM
So Rangers (whether NewCo or OldCo) are to get away with 10 years of cheating and all they will suffer is a meaningless retrospective adjustment of the record books. They knowingly withheld information on their players' contracts from the SPL and will get away with it, when lowly Spartans were thrown out of the Scottish Cup for an administrative error. This is not right. And they get the benefits of the OldCo connection - i.e. direct entry to the SFL. I'd be interested in the HMRC view of the requirement for NewCo to selectively pay some of the creditors of OldCo. Stinks.

Sorry but I disagree on that being meaningless. Stripping old hun of titles won when cheating means a lot - the huns will hate it and we know what Sally said about never accepting thhat. I'd like them totally killed off as much as anyone else but that ain't go happen. So if someone had said this time last year that the huns would go to SFL3, lose most of their players, be banned from signing other players for two transfer windows, have most of the titles they won during the 90s and zeros stripped from them, be fined £160k and be banned from Europe for 3 years I would have bitten that someone's hand off to see that. Sure, only some of this is punishment in the strict sense of the word but taken as a whole I think I'd be happy with this.

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Assuming I haven't missed something, is the ownership of Ibrox et al still unclear?
GG

I was one of those particularly sceptical about that. I think, on the balance of probabilities, that Sevco did indeed take possession of the properties. However, I still haven't seen any proof. It is also possible that they have been sold to another company since then.

What is sure, though, is that BDO (when appointed) will be making their own investigations into the property transfer, and the related value.

JeMeSouviens
26-07-2012, 06:25 PM
I was one of those particularly sceptical about that. I think, on the balance of probabilities, that Sevco did indeed take possession of the properties. However, I still haven't seen any proof. It is also possible that they have been sold to another company since then.

What is sure, though, is that BDO (when appointed) will be making their own investigations into the property transfer, and the related value.

There are various murmurings suggesting Ticketus still have some claim on some seats in Snake Mountain and that's what Bomber Brown is bumping his gums about. Hope so. :wink:

DH1875
26-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Deano, Black, Beattie etc all being offered around £7k per week. Makes you sick that a club with all their financial difficulties and plying their trade in Div 3 can pay these amounts of money.

I'd still love to know where they are getting the money from to pay these stupid/crazy wages for 3rd division football.

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I'd still love to know where they are getting the money from to pay these stupid/crazy wages for 3rd division football.

My guess is that it's a gamble. Sign "big" players, thereby attracting the ST sales.... the approach favoured by many on here. If it works, all well and good... success will breed success.

If it doesn't, Sevco will be in administration by the end of the year.

lapsedhibee
26-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Sorry but I disagree on that being meaningless. Stripping old hun of titles won when cheating means a lot - the huns will hate it and we know what Sally said about never accepting thhat. I'd like them totally killed off as much as anyone else but that ain't go happen. So if someone had said this time last year that the huns would go to SFL3, lose most of their players, be banned from signing other players for two transfer windows, have most of the titles they won during the 90s and zeros stripped from them, be fined £160k and be banned from Europe for 3 years I would have bitten that someone's hand off to see that. Sure, only some of this is punishment in the strict sense of the word but taken as a whole I think I'd be happy with this.

Here's the thing, though. Since this time last year the Huns have behaved in such an utterly ****like way that what you might have then imagined happening to them as severe is no longer so. Boot them oot!

SurferRosa
26-07-2012, 08:03 PM
My guess is that it's a gamble. Sign "big" players, thereby attracting the ST sales.... the approach favoured by many on here. If it works, all well and good... success will breed success.

Yep, it also shows that they have learned nothing, given it was mostly due to this type of policy which got them into the mess they`re in. A dangerous game to play.

Paisley Hibby
26-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Here's the thing, though. Since this time last year the Huns have behaved in such an utterly ****like way that what you might have then imagined happening to them as severe is no longer so. Boot them oot!

Fair point and I'd love that but it's not going to happen. If Oldco are stripped of titles along with the rest of the package I'm happy to leave it that and move on. Not, however, until we get to 20,000 posts on this thread :greengrin

Lungo--Drom
26-07-2012, 08:51 PM
He's in Paisley, watching old Rangers, er I mean St. Mirren matches on VHS tapes out his attic :tee hee:

This whole fiasco gets harder to figure out by the day, where the hell is Chick Young, i need him to clear a few of these things up for me?

Kaiser1962
26-07-2012, 08:52 PM

Oldhun were already the most successful football club in the world. That didnt go so well.

DaveSo
26-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Sevco have been removed from the SFL website and Ramsden Cup fixtures.
Do they know something we don't ??

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/football/third/table/

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/football/challenge-cup/fixtures/

YehButNoBut
26-07-2012, 09:36 PM
They are still on the BBC sites as The Rangers FC, first game on Sunday at Brechin in the Challenge Cup.

Will they have the licence in time. :tee hee::lolrangers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-challenge-cup/fixtures

Eyrie
26-07-2012, 09:53 PM
The BBC may no longer list them as a team on their SPL page (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premier), but they're still willing to list Sevco stories there despite "McGregor to Besiktas" having no SPL involvement whatsoever.

How many other Third Division clubs are given such undue prominence?

SurferRosa
26-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Sevco have been removed from the SFL website and Ramsden Cup fixtures.
Do they know something we don't ??

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/football/third/table/

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/football/challenge-cup/fixtures/

The S.F.L. ‏@OFFICIAL_SFL (https://twitter.com/OFFICIAL_SFL)
Please note the http://scottishfootballleague.com (http://t.co/VY6dHNBQ)

website is being updated at the present time. League tables fixtures etc are therefore not complete.

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2012, 10:09 PM
The BBC may no longer list them as a team on their SPL page (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premier), but they're still willing to list Sevco stories there despite "McGregor to Besiktas" having no SPL involvement whatsoever.

How many other Third Division clubs are given such undue prominence?

He's not a Sevco player, though. He is, however, a current Scotland player, so there will be plenty interest.

Maybe there should be a page dedicated to "stateless" players? :greengrin

SteveHFC
27-07-2012, 12:23 AM
http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/img/sponsors/tables_widget_sponsor.png

Annan Athletic (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/annan-athletic/)

Berwick Rangers (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/berwick-rangers/)

Clyde (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/clyde/)

East Stirlingshire (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/east-stirlingshire/)

Elgin City (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/elgin-city/)

Montrose (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/montrose/)

Peterhead (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/peterhead/)

Queen's Park (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/queens-park/)

Stirling Albion (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/stirling-albion/)

Interesting :cb

JohnStephens91
27-07-2012, 12:30 AM
http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/img/sponsors/tables_widget_sponsor.png

Annan Athletic (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/annan-athletic/)

Berwick Rangers (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/berwick-rangers/)

Clyde (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/clyde/)

East Stirlingshire (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/east-stirlingshire/)

Elgin City (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/elgin-city/)

Montrose (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/montrose/)

Peterhead (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/peterhead/)

Queen's Park (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/queens-park/)

Stirling Albion (http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/stirling-albion/)

Interesting :cb

That looks brilliant :thumbsup:

ScottB
27-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Regardless of what way the decision may go, this is utterly ridiculous, and I can appreciate the anger building. 2 days before the SFL season begins and there is no decision!

Which of course means if Rangers get a no, there's no time to offer the slot to other clubs! This entire mess should have been done and dusted within a week of liquidation.

EdinMike
27-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Does anyone know what happens if Rangers/Sevco don't get accepted ?! Is it Spartans that get the nod, Cove Rangers !?

And with a week or so to go is it possible to instate them !? This is all getting nuts !

YehButNoBut
27-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if they formed a 14 team SPL with Rangers back in and include Dundee & Dunfermline, saves legal action.

Other latest this morning

Sky and ESPN will show 65 matches per season from the SPL & Div 3 if RFC Newco are granted a license.

Kenneth Mure QC named as man tasked with ruling on Rangers' Big Tax case

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/07/27/kenneth-mure-qc-named-as-man-tasked-with-ruling-on-rangers-big-tax-case-86908-23913367/

grunt
27-07-2012, 07:50 AM
In the DR article (I know) linked above, EY's Neil Patey is quoted as saying there will be about £1m available for payment to creditors.
Surely D&P could have gained more for the creditors than £1m by selling all the players and selling the Rangers assets individually? The money due from Everton for Jelavic was more than that - just looked at D&P report saying there was £3.8m due from other football clubs.
Their management of this insolvency is looking increasingly incompetent, or worse.

CropleyWasGod
27-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if they formed a 14 team SPL with Rangers back in and include Dundee & Dunfermline, saves legal action.

Sky and ESPN will show 65 matches per season from the SPL & Div 3 if RFC Newco are granted a license.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/07/27/kenneth-mure-qc-named-as-man-tasked-with-ruling-on-rangers-big-tax-case-86908-23913367/

Irresponsible reporting from the Daily Record. There is no reason to publish the names of those on the Tribunal. Indeed, RFC could have a case against HMRC for breach of confidentiality.

CropleyWasGod
27-07-2012, 08:24 AM
In the DR article (I know) linked above, EY's Neil Patey is quoted as saying there will be about £1m available for payment to creditors.
Surely D&P could have gained more for the creditors than £1m by selling all the players and selling the Rangers assets individually? The money due from Everton for Jelavic was more than that - just looked at D&P report saying there was £3.8m due from other football clubs.
Their management of this insolvency is looking increasingly incompetent, or worse.

Not sure I agree with your summation of D&P'S administration.

Yes, it's easy to be wise in hindsight and say "they should have... could have.." etc. However, their initial approach always was to sell the business as a going concern. That, IMO, was absolutely the right thing to do.

Where they failed, I think, was their delay in recognising that that approach was not going to work; I think thay may also have over-estimated the worth of RFC. Their defence, of course, would be that too many apparent purchasers strung them along for too long. Whether that is a valid defence, one can only guess at just now.

CropleyWasGod
27-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Regardless of what way the decision may go, this is utterly ridiculous, and I can appreciate the anger building. 2 days before the SFL season begins and there is no decision!

Which of course means if Rangers get a no, there's no time to offer the slot to other clubs! This entire mess should have been done and dusted within a week of liquidation.

... which has yet to happen. :wink:

There always was going to be a tight time-frame to get all of this done. If you remember, there had to be notice periods for all of the various meetings to decide on RFC and Sevco's situation. Due process and all....which is only fair.

hibs0666
27-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Irresponsible reporting from the Daily Record. There is no reason to publish the names of those on the Tribunal. Indeed, RFC could have a case against HMRC for breach of confidentiality.

The names of tribunal members was released by HMRC last week to Alex Thomson.

CropleyWasGod
27-07-2012, 08:44 AM
The names of tribunal members was released by HMRC last week to Alex Thomson.

HMRC have no right to do that.

Steve-O
27-07-2012, 08:47 AM

Where you getting that? :confused:

greenginger
27-07-2012, 08:54 AM

But Sevco F C 's manager demanded to know their names for the sake of transparency. :greengrin

EuanH78
27-07-2012, 08:58 AM

Not sure HMRC released the names TBH.

JeMeSouviens
27-07-2012, 09:02 AM

Not HMRC, the Tribunals Service:

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/delayed-rangers-tax-tribunal/2359

JeMeSouviens
27-07-2012, 09:03 AM

Article in the Herald.

ScottB
27-07-2012, 09:18 AM
... which has yet to happen. :wink:

There always was going to be a tight time-frame to get all of this done. If you remember, there had to be notice periods for all of the various meetings to decide on RFC and Sevco's situation. Due process and all....which is only fair.

Well the week that newco bought oldco then ;)

I get what you're saying, but it seems that throughout nobody in the governing bodies has wanted to be 'the one to pull the trigger' so here we are, 2 days before kick off and there is no answer and no back up plan!

CropleyWasGod
27-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Well the week that newco bought oldco then ;)

I get what you're saying, but it seems that throughout nobody in the governing bodies has wanted to be 'the one to pull the trigger' so here we are, 2 days before kick off and there is no answer and no back up plan!

I probably agree with you there, but there is also the argument (which many have raised on here) that "due process" is important in all of this. In other words, to do things by the book so that no-one can come back later and complain.

StevieC
27-07-2012, 09:51 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if Rangers were willing to sacrifice the cup game as a means of calling the SFA's bluff on the membership transfer.

:hmmm:

grunt
27-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Not sure I agree with your summation of D&P'S administration.That is of course your prerogative.

Yes, it's easy to be wise in hindsight and say "they should have... could have.." etc. However, their initial approach always was to sell the business as a going concern. That, IMO, was absolutely the right thing to do.I don't think my views are based on hindsight. I have thought from the word go that they should have sold the club's assets to realise the cash. Look how long it to SDM to sell the club for a £1. I just can't see how D&Ps behaviour has resulted in the optimum solution for the creditors.

grunt
27-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Here's a blog post with enough numbers in it to keep CavGreen and CWG busy for a couple of hours...
(Does anyone wonder at how close Caversham Green's name is to Charles Green...?)

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/rangers-fc-in-2012-2013-could-it-survive-financially/

Renfrew_Hibby
27-07-2012, 10:06 AM
SFA want Rangers striped of certain titles then they can gain membership. Rangers do not want to be stripped of said titles and will not agree to this. Result is that Rangers will hold out as long as possible until SFA drop their insistance on stripping titles. If this means postponed matches and a staggered start to leagues then so be it.

Steve-O
27-07-2012, 10:14 AM
SFA want Rangers striped of certain titles then they can gain membership. Rangers do not want to be stripped of said titles and will not agree to this. Result is that Rangers will hold out as long as possible until SFA drop their insistance on stripping titles. If this means postponed matches and a staggered start to leagues then so be it.

Actually it's the SPL, and they just want to INVESTIGATE. Should they be found not guilty, there'll be not stripping of punishments. Therefore, what are they scared of?

Hanny
27-07-2012, 10:17 AM
BBC's Chris McLaughlin:

@BBCchrismclaug: All parties involved in #Rangers #SFA membership saga now of the opinion that deal is pretty much done. Statement likely this afternoon.

CropleyWasGod
27-07-2012, 10:18 AM
That is of course your prerogative.

I don't think my views are based on hindsight. I have thought from the word go that they should have sold the club's assets to realise the cash. Look how long it to SDM to sell the club for a £1. I just can't see how D&Ps behaviour has resulted in the optimum solution for the creditors.

At the time, though, there were all sorts of people saying they would pay this and that for the club. None of those amounted to anything, of course, which was not really D&P'S fault. Where D&P fell down, IMO, was not recognising that early enough.

StevieC
27-07-2012, 10:19 AM

I think a lot of people are underestimating the SFA.
Regan is not ""THE" SFA, he is only their current mouthpiece.
The more that Rangers push them the more likely they are to play hard ball with. This is an organisation that has historically looked upon itself as the be all and end all of Scottish Football and will not take lightly to be dictated to.
Rangers, in recent months, have taken them to court and made them look silly in front of UEFA and FIFA. They disclosed the identities of an SFA tribunal board and subjected them to threats and abuse. They are probably in no mood to be doing them any favours.

calmac12000
27-07-2012, 11:26 AM
StevieC (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?15-StevieC)
http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/statusicon/user-online.png
It wouldn't surprise me if Rangers were willing to sacrifice the cup game as a means of calling the SFA's bluff on the membership transfer.

I think that Rangers' actions throughout this farce have revealed them to be quite willing to sacrifice the future of the Scottish game itself if that furthers in any way their myopic view on the state of SEVCO.

johnrebus
27-07-2012, 11:47 AM
BBC's Chris McLaughlin:

@BBCchrismclaug: All parties involved in #Rangers #SFA membership saga now of the opinion that deal is pretty much done. Statement likely this afternoon.

Why does this word 'deal', keep appearing.

The SFA/SPL does not need to negotiate anything with SEVCO. Its up to the SFA/SPL to tell the Hun what is happening and for the Hun to either accept or leave.

The reaction of the Hun, from McCoist downwards re-inforces my view that the country, never mind Scottish Football, would be a better place without them.

:fuming:

calmac12000
27-07-2012, 12:10 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-23913367/ (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/07/27/kenneth-mure-qc-named-as-man-tasked-with-ruling-on-rangers-big-tax-case-86908-23913367/)
Gee'z, their certainly going for the blue vote to judge from this link. Just noticed how blatantly anti-Catholic this rag is. Rather depressing actually.

YehButNoBut
27-07-2012, 12:35 PM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/tv-contract-awaits-sfa-membership-approval.18258382

CONTRACTS will be signed with Sky and ESPN to show 65 matches per season from the Scottish Premier League and Irn-Bru Third Division if Rangers newco's Scottish Football Association membership is approved later today.

Sky will have the rights to 30 games, starting with Celtic versus Aberdeen at Parkhead next Saturday lunchtime, then Rangers newco's opening third division encounter at Peterhead on August 11. ESPN would have 35 live games and the first would be Dundee United versus Hibernian on Sunday, August 5.

Herald Sport understands that a deal involving the SPL, Scottish Football League and the two broadcasters – and including rights for 15 of the newco's league games per season – will preserve most of the value of the existing £16m-a-season television agreement for the current campaign. That will spare top-flight clubs from the most severe repercussions some had feared from at least three years without the Ibrox club.

The television deal is agreed in principle but cannot be signed until Sevco Scotland Ltd's application for the transfer of Rangers' SFA membership is approved. That needs to happen before the club can play its first match at Brechin City in the Ramsdens Cup on Sunday afternoon. In theory, approval could be given at any time up until kick-off, but practicalities and exchanges of documents essentially mean it has to be done today. But all five parties – Sevco Scotland, the oldco Rangers, the SFA, SPL and SFL – were understood to believe the discussions were almost there last night and that there will be a satisfactory conclusion, and the signing of contracts, later today.

Representatives from Charles Green's newco regime held further negotiations with Neil Doncaster, the SPL chief executive, yesterday. A major obstacle has been the SPL's view that accepting any potential punishment from its ongoing investigation into undisclosed payments to players via Employment Benefit Trusts – alleged to have happened over several years of the oldco Rangers – should be accepted by Sevco as a condition of membership. Manager Ally McCoist and some others at Ibrox have vigorously opposed any acceptance that the club could be stripped of league titles if a guilty verdict is returned.

BBC Alba will have live coverage of Rangers' tie at Brechin and yesterday the channel was continuing to plan as though the match would go ahead. As for the longer-term deal involving Sky and ESPN, the companies will discuss how the SPL and third division coverage is shared in the weeks and months ahead. "It will be up to the broadcasters to decide how the games are carved up," said a source at one SPL club.

Hanny
27-07-2012, 01:24 PM
It keeps getting weirder:

@GrahamSpiers: Eduardo Hurtado – ‘The Tank’ – apparently happy to come out of retirement and play for Rangers. Just turned 42, still got some mileage…

MrSmith
27-07-2012, 01:25 PM
So that is what it is then!

Sevco as Rangers continuing to pull the strings of Scottish football by holding up an agreement (they morally do not have a say in) therefore, holding clubs to ransom over the TV deal.

When will it all stop...?

EuanH78
27-07-2012, 01:46 PM
So that is what it is then!

Sevco as Rangers continuing to pull the strings of Scottish football by holding up an agreement (they morally do not have a say in) therefore, holding clubs to ransom over the TV deal.

When will it all stop...?

Sometime in the middle of this season according to these estimated figures :agree:

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/rangers-fc-in-2012-2013-could-it-survive-financially/

EuanH78
27-07-2012, 01:48 PM
And more signing talk - Kyle and Stack for newco

http://sport.stv.tv/football/112719-kevin-kyle-holds-talks-with-rangers-as-club-awaits-scottish-fa-decision/

Mikey
27-07-2012, 02:05 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/tv-contract-awaits-sfa-membership-approval.18258382

CONTRACTS will be signed with Sky and ESPN to show 65 matches per season from the Scottish Premier League and Irn-Bru Third Division if Rangers newco's Scottish Football Association membership is approved later today.

Sky will have the rights to 30 games, starting with Celtic versus Aberdeen at Parkhead next Saturday lunchtime, then Rangers newco's opening third division encounter at Peterhead on August 11. ESPN would have 35 live games and the first would be Dundee United versus Hibernian on Sunday, August 5.

That'll be why we've heard nothing about the derby being on TV that day. If Sevco being on TV is going to leave us with more 3pm kick off's then that's fine by me!

grunt
27-07-2012, 02:14 PM
http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/pfa-to-seek-cash-award-for-ex-rangers-players-from-sevco/#more-2944

PFA to claim 13 weeks' wages from Sevco for the players who didn't transfer

Northernhibee
27-07-2012, 02:32 PM
http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/pfa-to-seek-cash-award-for-ex-rangers-players-from-sevco/#more-2944

PFA to claim 13 weeks' wages from Sevco for the players who didn't transfer

Sevco should have never been admitted to division 3. No license, no idea what the size of their fanbase will be, no idea what their income will be, yet still owe a lot of money and have players on wages above the level of most SPL clubs.

If I was a director at someone like Spartans I'd be consulting some lawyers. Sevco are in no way ready to play football and in no way are good for Scottish football.

Doncaster, Regan, SFA, Sevco, GTF.

LeighLoyal
27-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Sevco should have never been admitted to division 3. No license, no idea what the size of their fanbase will be, no idea what their income will be, yet still owe a lot of money and have players on wages above the level of most SPL clubs.

If I was a director at someone like Spartans I'd be consulting some lawyers. Sevco are in no way ready to play football and in no way are good for Scottish football.

:aok: The worst aspect for me is they want the asscociation registration of a liquidated team with huge unpaid player debts all over Europe but are going to be allowed to sign more players. The transfer ban was applied for bringing the game into disrepute, now it's being white washed to start in Jan 2013. If you want RFC's registration you take RFC's sanctions! Shameful!

MrSmith
27-07-2012, 03:16 PM

Absolutely! Not FIT FOR PURPOSE springs to mind instantly! And surely, this is the set criteria for entry into the SFA/SFL/SPL? if not? Then, I concur with your bottom comment.

marinello59
27-07-2012, 03:25 PM

We do know the size of their fan base, all Rangers fans will follow the new club. To pretend that Sevco are not, to all intents and purposes, still Rangers doesn't make any sense. At the moment they have a massive future earning potential with virtually no debt. That's the reality. If, and I hope they don't, but if they do start the new season then they will be back to the SPL stronger than ever in a few years. A start in SFL1 would have been tougher for them given that they would have had to spend more on players to ensure promotion then faced two years of SPL expenditure with no European income. They would have struggled for years. Starting in SFL3 is their life support system. Enjoy the Hun free SPL while it lasts.

JeMeSouviens
27-07-2012, 04:28 PM
We do know the size of their fan base, all Rangers fans will follow the new club. To pretend that Sevco are not, to all intents and purposes, still Rangers doesn't make any sense. At the moment they have a massive future earning potential with virtually no debt. That's the reality. If, and I hope they don't, but if they do start the new season then they will be back to the SPL stronger than ever in a few years. A start in SFL1 would have been tougher for them given that they would have had to spend more on players to ensure promotion then faced two years of SPL expenditure with no European income. They would have struggled for years. Starting in SFL3 is their life support system. Enjoy the Hun free SPL while it lasts.

... but not necessarily support it financially. We'll see how their crowds hold up but their income is going to be massively reduced. They will have the debt of CG's asset purchase lumped onto them. They seem to be attempting to assemble at least partly an SPL squad now. Add the recruitment cost to bolster that when they get back up and I can't see there being any chance of them being anywhere near "virtually no debt". I'm pretty sure their ugly mugs will be back (unfortunately) and most likely a stick on for 2nd place straight away but stronger than ever? Can't see that for a good long while.

SteveHFC
27-07-2012, 04:30 PM
STV saying on verge of temporary membership :rolleyes:

http://sport.stv.tv/..._medium=twitter (http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/112661-rangers-on-verge-of-temporary-scottish-fa-membership-to-play-brechin-tie/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Spike Mandela
27-07-2012, 04:33 PM
STV saying on verge of temporary membership :rolleyes:

http://sport.stv.tv/..._medium=twitter (http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/112661-rangers-on-verge-of-temporary-scottish-fa-membership-to-play-brechin-tie/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

SFA in lack of authority shock!!!!!!!!

Just tell them what to do to get membership or tell them to bolt FFS.

grunt
27-07-2012, 04:35 PM
The Scottish FA are on the verge of granting a temporary membership to allow Rangers to play this weekend.
STV understands the governing body will allow the club to fulfil its Ramsdens Cup game with Brechin City, if holding company Sevco Scotland Limited agrees to meet certain conditions.
These include signing off on the transfer of the old company’s member share in the Scottish Premier League to Dundee, which Duff and Phelps have retained despite being compelled to hand it over to the Dark Blues.
A source close to the discussions has told STV that the deal would allow Rangers to participate in matches until Friday, August 3. The transfer of the SPL share must be completed by this date.
An outstanding dispute between Charles Green and SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster has held up the permanent transfer of the club's Scottish FA membership to the new company.
The pair remain locked in discussions on Friday night to reach a compromise over the SPL’s investigation into alleged non-contractual payments made by Rangers last decade.
Green wants the probe to be dropped, while the league wants to be able to conclude the case and potentially strip titles from the club if found guilty.
If a settlement between Charles Green and can be reached on Friday night, full membership will instead be conditionally granted and the club will not be required to receive temporary dispensation to play.
Sevco Scotland Limited have already agreed to accept previous sanctions imposed by the Scottish FA, which will see the club banned from signing new players for one year from September 1.
No compromise!!

greenginger
27-07-2012, 04:47 PM
They should have allowed Brechin to play against nobody on Sunday. Run up a 60 - 0 score making a world record defeat for Sevco to be part of their new history for all time. :greengrin

Also this refusal to transfer the share to Dundee. There are 16 SPL shares, 4 as yet un-issued. Dundee should be given one of those shares and then Duff and Phelps taken to court and sued for the total sum of the fees they have got from this fiasco.

kaimendhibs
27-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Temporary membership, WTF!! This whole corrupt business is making me sick. Who else would be choobed up to like this? No one! This is how it should be, You do what we ask now or bolt. No negotiating, no compromise, just compliance.

Scottish football is a laughing stock and the clowns in charge must be emptied

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2012, 05:50 PM
The people who run our game are again being shown for what they are, either corrupt or timid bloody weasels?

Sevco, here are the conditions of your entry to the SFL, oh you dont like it, ok well Spartans, here are the conditions of your entry to the SFL.

Dont let the ****in tail wag the dog you bunch of amateurish corrupt tossers.

Hank Schrader
27-07-2012, 05:57 PM
The people who run our game are again being shown for what they are, either corrupt or timid bloody weasels?

Sevco, here are the conditions of your entry to the SFL, oh you dont like it, ok well Spartans, here are the conditions of your entry to the SFL.

Dont let the ****in tail wag the dog you bunch of amateurish corrupt tossers.

:top marks

bighairyfaeleith
27-07-2012, 05:59 PM
so whats the score then, no membership yet, surely the SFA offices are now closed for the week. They don't stay open late normally do they, no rules should be bent to accomodate these CHEATS. Tell them to bolt.

Spike Mandela
27-07-2012, 06:02 PM
No compromise!!

so whats the score then, no membership yet, surely the SFA offices are now closed for the week. They don't stay open late normally do they, no rules should be bent to accomodate these CHEATS. Tell them to bolt.

Temp membership will be granted but they must legally sign off on terms already verbally agreed, transfer of SPl share to Dundee, transfer embargo and payment of footballing debts.

Full membership will only be granted after agreement with SPL on acceptance of EBT investigation sanctions.

EuanH78
27-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Temp membership will be granted but they must legally sign off on terms already verbally agreed, transfer of SPl share to Dundee, transfer embargo and payment of footballing debts.

Full membership will only be granted after agreement with SPL on acceptance of EBT investigation sanctions.

I suppose we should just be happy that the SPL/ SFA havent folded (yet) would be better if they just told sevco to ram it right enough - as they should. I cant understand how sevco can be making any demands... farce and spineless leadership.

muirhousehibby
27-07-2012, 06:26 PM
SPL articles of association.

17. Whenever a requirement to transfer a Share shall arise, if the relevant
Member shall fail to transfer its Share within seven (7) days of notice having
been given of the requirement to transfer, the Board may authorise any
Director of the Company to execute a transfer thereof and a transfer so
executed shall be valid and effective as if the same had been executed by the
Member concerned and the transferee shall on payment of the sum of £1 to
the Secretary to be held in trust for the transferor be entered in the register of
Members as the holder of such Share.

what's the problem ? sounds to me that what i heard last week might be true,perhaps Green hasn't paid his 5.5 million to D&P. hmmm: even more so can and will he cough up the cash!

Eyrie
27-07-2012, 06:55 PM
This "temporary membership" fix really annoys me. Either Sevco accept the conditions of membership or they forfeit the tie and Brechin progress.

Given that they are signing SPL players on serious money it actually works better that they are in Division Three and should have three years to overpay average players before they can get back to the SPL. That is three years of running up debts rather than one.

No European football is a red herring - the size of their fanbase means that they can still outspend every SPL club except Sellick by some margin.

Caversham Green
27-07-2012, 07:16 PM
SPL articles of association.

17. Whenever a requirement to transfer a Share shall arise, if the relevant
Member shall fail to transfer its Share within seven (7) days of notice having
been given of the requirement to transfer, the Board may authorise any
Director of the Company to execute a transfer thereof and a transfer so
executed shall be valid and effective as if the same had been executed by the
Member concerned and the transferee shall on payment of the sum of £1 to
the Secretary to be held in trust for the transferor be entered in the register of
Members as the holder of such Share.

what's the problem ? sounds to me that what i heard last week might be true,perhaps Green hasn't paid his 5.5 million to D&P. hmmm: even more so can and will he cough up the cash!

I said a few pages ago that the transfer of the SPL share is not in any way a problem. The SPL board can effect the transfer without the consent of Green, D&P or anyone else. It's quite astonishing that they've allowed it to become a bargaining chip in Sevco's hands.

greenginger
27-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I said a few pages ago that the transfer of the SPL share is not in any way a problem. The SPL board can effect the transfer without the consent of Green, D&P or anyone else. It's quite astonishing that they've allowed it to become a bargaining chip in Sevco's hands.

Perhaps Duff and Phelps think they have a right to retain the share under some insolvency rules that would over-rule SPL Articles.

There are 4 un-issued shares in the SPL. Issue one of those to Dundee and let the Duffers sit on that share until BDO empty them.

Paisley Hibby
27-07-2012, 07:31 PM

Maybe because the SPL and SFA need to be able to give reasons for caving in - as they surely will :cb

Part/Time Supporter
27-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Joint statement has been issued stating that the membership transfer has been conditionally approved. The EBT investigation will continue.

ballengeich
27-07-2012, 08:12 PM
http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/press-statement-67/

The announcement. Let the dual contract investigation continue.

R'Albin
27-07-2012, 08:15 PM

Wonder why they released it when they did?:hmmm:

calmac12000
27-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Has anything been said about the progress of the EBT investigation, whilst I accept that it would be improper to reveal details of the investigation itself in order to retain a degree of confidence in game, it would be useful to know that this investigation is not simply going to be kicked into the long grass.

leither17
27-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Chris McLaughlin @BBCchrismclaug4m
AM:I have been in a number of meetings with Stewart Regan, Rod Petrie and senior SFA figures - and despair at the lack of leadership shown.

Caversham Green
27-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Perhaps Duff and Phelps think they have a right to retain the share under some insolvency rules that would over-rule SPL Articles.

There are 4 un-issued shares in the SPL. Issue one of those to Dundee and let the Duffers sit on that share until BDO empty them.

It's become academic now, but Duff & Phelps didn't really have anything to retain. The share isn't a physical, tangible thing, in the context of the SPL it simply represents consent for the holder to be a member of the league. That consent was withdrawn by default when the old Rangers ceased to be a football club and at that point they also effectively ceased to be a shareholder. All that was needed was to identify the new member and then complete the registration paperwork at Companies House. D&P could hang on to the old share certificate, but it was just a worthless piece of paper. Because of the consent aspect the share has absolutely no commercial value.

It just seems to be yet another needless complication in this saga.

RyeSloan
27-07-2012, 08:52 PM
AM:I have been in a number of meetings with Stewart Regan, Rod Petrie and senior SFA figures - and despair at the lack of leadership shown.

A bit like his efforts in covering this whole saga.

To be honest I think the conditions of transfer are about right...previous football debts, fines and costs are still due, transfer ban to be applied, div 3 status and an ongoing investigation into EBT plus protection against loss of commercial contracts.

I would love the Huns to be no more but in the real world I would suggest the above is about the best that could be expected...the big question now is if newco Rangers can actually afford it all.

All that plus the juicy prospect of BDO doing more damage when they finally get their feet under the desk.....

Part/Time Supporter
27-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Has anything been said about the progress of the EBT investigation, whilst I accept that it would be improperto reveal details of the investigation itself in order to retain a degree of confidence in game, it would be useful to know that this investigation is not simply going to be kicked into the long grass.

SPL said a few weeks ago that there was a prime facie case against Rangers. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18496571)

There is a meeting of the SPL board next week to discuss its progress.

cabbageandribs1875
27-07-2012, 08:57 PM
the GFA(or SFA if you wish) will do exactly what the new huns tell them what to do :aok:

johnbc70
27-07-2012, 08:57 PM
McCoist at it again. He is either thick or playing the game for the hun hoardes. So how exactly have they been punished for EBTs and years of cheating.....still to come Muppet McCoist.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2863160

Edit - only 10 months........more than 10 years of cheating.

Hibs Class
27-07-2012, 09:06 PM
McCoist at it again. He is either thick or playing the game for the hun hoardes. So how exactly have they been punished for EBTs and years of cheating.....still to come Muppet McCoist.

I saw that on a hun forum a short while ago and thought it was a spoof. If that is it now on official site and is genuine then he needs to be hammered. He clearly thinks that he and his bigoted followers can act with impunity. I'd kick him out of the game for a year at least. His behaviour is unhinged and is capable of inciting your average hun moron to who knows what.

Geo_1875
27-07-2012, 09:53 PM

I hate to say it but I agree 100% with McCoist. If there was any leadership shown in any of the governing bodies of Scottish football his club would be no more and he'd be looking for another gig with the BBC.

SteveHFC
27-07-2012, 10:00 PM
@ScottBurns75: Former #kilmarnock striker Dean Shiels is on the verge of signing for #rangers. Four year deal has been agreed and close to bein finalised

Disappointed in Shiels :(

Spike Mandela
27-07-2012, 10:39 PM
"They kicked us out the SPL", god give me strength. so many inaccuracies in that provocative rant it's unbelievable.

Millions of debt unpaid, ineffectual 10 point penalty, ineffectual transfer embargo, minimal fine and an unclear outcome on 10 years cheating of ebt's. i think the cheats have just about pulled it off you know.

Horrible bitter wee man.

marinello59
27-07-2012, 10:45 PM
This "temporary membership" fix really annoys me. Either Sevco accept the conditions of membership or they forfeit the tie and Brechin progress.

Given that they are signing SPL players on serious money it actually works better that they are in Division Three and should have three years to overpay average players before they can get back to the SPL. That is three years of running up debts rather than one.

No European football is a red herring - the size of their fanbase means that they can still outspend every SPL club except Sellick by some margin.

It isn't. For Celtic and Rangers it is vital given the level of expectation from their fans. Making the 'facts' suit our wish list is simply deluded.

Brando7
27-07-2012, 10:46 PM

that will be another summons to the SFA for that kno.b

Geo_1875
27-07-2012, 10:46 PM
@ScottBurns75: Former #kilmarnock striker Dean Shiels is on the verge of signing for #rangers. Four year deal has been agreed and close to bein finalised

His dad and his former clubs chairman will be very pleased for him and his new club.

Spike Mandela
27-07-2012, 10:59 PM

Stewart Regan making it very clear reconstruction is his goal to get the cheats back to the top flight asap. Section about EBT investigation very vague.

I can hear the sound of McCoist, Gordon and Watty Smith, Traynor, Green, Jardine, Bomber Brown and their legion of knuckle dragging fans pissing themselves at how they have pulled off the biggest scam in football history.

Just four weeks of Rangers signing stories to stomach now before transfer embargo kicks in:rolleyes:

5 months of wasted time. scottish football is redundant

johnbc70
27-07-2012, 11:22 PM

Find it strange that players who should be at their peak, Dean Shiels and Ian Black, are considering signing for Newco. They must have little confidence in their own ability and must also only care about how much money they can get. Huddies like Kevin Kyle you can understand, but guys like Shiels and Black can surely do better than SPL3.

snooky
27-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Stewart Regan making it very clear reconstruction is his goal to get the cheats back to the top flight asap. Section about EBT investigation very vague.

I can hear the sound of McCoist, Gordon and Watty Smith, Traynor, Green, Jardine, Bomber Brown and their legion of knuckle dragging fans pissing themselves at how they have pulled off the biggest scam in football history.

Just four weeks of Rangers signing stories to stomach now before transfer embargo kicks in:rolleyes:

5 months of wasted time. scottish football is redundant

TBH, the Donkey gang would have been just as well letting RFC stay in the SPL.
It's over. Scottish football, as it is today, is dead.

SteveHFC
28-07-2012, 12:12 AM

Jim44
28-07-2012, 12:34 AM
It's going to be a long three years in the wilderness for these ambitionless sados. I pray that there is no league reconstruction as I am confident they will not hack it in the doldrums once the novelty wears off.

Fife-Hibee
28-07-2012, 01:47 AM

Thats me totally finished with Scottish football, its corrupt beyond belief. They can shove it right up thier arse !!

Lungo--Drom
28-07-2012, 02:27 AM
A 'pile a faeces' case you say? Definitely! :tee hee: :agree:

SPL said a few weeks ago that there was a prime facie case against Rangers. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18496571)

There is a meeting of the SPL board next week to discuss its progress.

Onion
28-07-2012, 07:01 AM
I saw that on a hun forum a short while ago and thought it was a spoof. If that is it now on official site and is genuine then he needs to be hammered. He clearly thinks that he and his bigoted followers can act with impunity. I'd kick him out of the game for a year at least. His behaviour is unhinged and is capable of inciting your average hun moron to who knows what.

:agree: Likewise, just read it with astonishment. Agreement has been negotiated and reached on SFA membership and he comes out with that ? "Unhinged" is the perfect description. Rangers situation could have ended up with them being obliterated from the game - no team, no ground, no history, no trophies. IMHO they should be grateful for being given the chance to negotiate with the SFA/SPL and second chance to play football. McCoist's comments sum up all that's wrong with that club and why they have ended up where they have.

BarneyK
28-07-2012, 07:25 AM

I must be missing the point here - what in that statement specifically has upset you? They've been granted an SFA membership licence, the transfer embargo stands and the EBT dual contracts investigation goes on. Since the start of this whole thing, we as a support have fought to stop the game from becoming a farce in Scotland, and to the most part we've won. Yeah there could possibly be reconstruction next year which would let the Newco back into the SPL a year early (assuming they do the business on the park), but isn't it a reconstruction that we were all looking for anyway? The powers-that-be would have rolled over and let Newco back in, we stopped them. They would have dropped them into the SFL1, we stopped them. We restored the pride and respect in the game. After all that, why are we now walking away?

Part/Time Supporter
28-07-2012, 07:34 AM
I must be missing the point here - what in that statement specifically has upset you? They've been granted an SFA membership licence, the transfer embargo stands and the EBT dual contracts investigation goes on. Since the start of this whole thing, we as a support have fought to stop the game from becoming a farce in Scotland, and to the most part we've won. Yeah there could possibly be reconstruction next year which would let the Newco back into the SPL a year early (assuming they do the business on the park), but isn't it a reconstruction that we were all looking for anyway? The powers-that-be would have rolled over and let Newco back in, we stopped them. They would have dropped them into the SFL1, we stopped them. We restored the pride and respect in the game. After all that, why are we now walking away?

Some people were looking for any excuse to walk away. You've got people writing above saying they've "got away with it". Five months ago these same people were predicting that Rangers would still be in the SPL.

The only way Rangers could have been punished any more would have been to prevent any new Rangers from emerging, even at the lowest level. People need to think through the implications of that. It means that if Mercer had succeeded, or if Hibs went bust at some point in the future, nobody should be allowed to set up a new Hibs at the senior level. Indeed, Hibs did go bust in the early 1890s (primarily through own mismanagement), and were allowed back into the SFA.

alfie
28-07-2012, 07:47 AM

:agree:
Spot on, mate!

To me this looks like as good as we could have hoped, without the unrealistic hope that they die like Third Lanark. Everything still applies to them if they want to keep the history, and they have to start again in Div3. I would like to think that their progress up the divisions wont be that simple if they are signing the likes of Stack! :wink:

Remember it's not over until the fat lady sings. BDO still have to trawl through the remains of the old company, and I can see legal proceedings against people coming out of that. The SPL (and no doubt SFA when they appeal) still have to complete investigations and punishments for the dual contracts cheating, and the way that Sally McMoist is behaving is only going to piss them off even more.

Col2
28-07-2012, 07:56 AM

Spot on. Just dont understand why some people were seriously thinking this would go 100% 'our' way. The BDO investigation and the not to be forgotten cash flow challenges Green is likely to have just add to the debacle for them. Yesterday was as good a result as we could have got as it protects the commercial tv deals to some degree.

Fair play to SFA and SPL they have been a shambles recently but they won this battle. Rumours are they are about to announce only a small loss of TV income now that Newco are registered. This is vital to us and others as this AND increased season tickets (fingers crossed) is likely to give PF headroom to get in a few more players.

CropleyWasGod
28-07-2012, 08:04 AM

Perhaps the "bargaining chip " was in the hands of the SPL . Perhaps they wouldn't effect the transfer until they were sure that the EBT investigation could continue and have any teeth .

If that is the case then the SPL have won. that particular battle .

ozzie
28-07-2012, 08:04 AM

spot on but i would have liked to have seen a wage cap of about £1k a week rather than a transfer embargo that starts after this window shuts.
but thats just me :wink: