PDA

View Full Version : Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Evening News called me for a quote, and I said I was in two minds over the decision.

On one hand I am delighted that fairness and integrity has been maintained, but on the other hand I am worried of the financial ramifications on Hibs over TV rights etc.....

Bloody club spokesman:wink:

I think your answer is spot on, anything less then we would all stop paying our bills. Folk have to stop talking about punishments, this is not a punishment, its the authorities following the rules.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-07-2012, 04:51 PM
In a late development Norris MacWhirter was seen pacing around Ibrox with a stop-watch apparently looking to confirm whether Duff and Phelps broke the world record for the longest time squandered in administration ;)

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Bloody club spokesman:wink:

I think your answer is spot on, anything less then we would all stop paying our bills. Folk have to stop talking about punishments, this is not a punishment, its the authorities following the rules.

I gave your name though:greengrin

Scorrie
13-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Are Sevco actually in D3 though. Are they SFA members? Will other clubs with audited accounts such as Spartans not be allowed to bid for a league space?

steakbake
13-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Doncaster and Regan have not come out of this at all well and now seem like two staw clutching desperados.

Surely they will resign or be punted as how can they continue heading up two major Scottish sporting organisations whose members clearly strongly disagree with their own stances and viewpoints.

They have come out of this really badly. So has whoever cuts Doncaster's hair.

He defo goes to Alfies. Home of the famous Shan Hair.

tony
13-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Im trying to keep up with everything and no doubt nothing ends with this decision. One thing bothers me though. Do we lose the chance for league reconstruction? Once we go through a year or two and we don't die through lack of playing OF 8 times a year can we move to a proper league playing teams twice a year. My worry is after 2/3 years they come back up and nothing else has changed. And we stay with the same crappy league we all hate so much. I dont care where Gers end up, though justice says they are where they should be. But if nothing else changes.....?

SteveHFC
13-07-2012, 05:16 PM
The Alloa chairman absoutley spot on on STV :top marks :top marks:top marks

steakbake
13-07-2012, 05:17 PM

What did the guy say?

ginger_rice
13-07-2012, 05:17 PM

Just saw that he came across very well especially the bit about Regan dictating to the clubs

NAE NOOKIE
13-07-2012, 05:22 PM
The SFL have had a fair and honest vote .... if the results good enough for them its good enough for me.

I'm all for reconstruction of Scottish football, but not the formation of an SPL2 just to suit the Zombie Huns, in the light of an emphatic vote by the SFL..

Its the job of all the powers that be in Scotland to now do everything they can to minimize the impact of any lost revenue. If the conduct of Regan and Doncaster up to now is anything to go by they aint the men for the job.

Before this season is finished we should have one body running the game and rules in place to ensure this farce never happens again... IE. if you do a Rangers in the future the best you can expect is a place in the 3rd division .. if a place in the league at all, then there will be no doubt.

Now FFS lets get on with the bloody football, with PLEASE no more stupid attempts to get the Zombies up the leagues faster ... this is done !!!

I hope :confused:

grunt
13-07-2012, 05:23 PM
What's John Yorkston on about?

CropleyWasGod
13-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Are Sevco actually in D3 though. Are they SFA members? Will other clubs with audited accounts such as Spartans not be allowed to bid for a league space?

They have applied for an SFA licence, but I am not sure that it has been granted yet. BTW, they don't need audited accounts for entry, only 1 year's (unaudited) accounts..... which, of course, they don't have. :greengrin

Del Boy
13-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Stewart Regan needs to be removed from his position ASAP

Andy74
13-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Inverness for one look like they will now try and get Rangers back in the SPL. So they voted previously expecting the SFL to do them a favour.

hibs0666
13-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Regan's statement on the vote...

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=10196&newsCategoryID=1

Hibercelona
13-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Regan's statement on the vote...

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=10196&newsCategoryID=1

Staggering...

From "slow lingering death" to "new opportunities". :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Inverness for one look like they will now try and get Rangers back in the SPL. So they voted previously expecting the SFL to do them a favour.

Appalling if true......The votes have been cast, the result must remain.......

hibs0666
13-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Inverness for one look like they will now try and get Rangers back in the SPL.

How do you come to that conclusion?

James.
13-07-2012, 05:38 PM
The arrogance of some of these Rangers fans on Reporting Scotland is amazing - enjoy your trips to Elgin and Annan ya bams.

NOLA
13-07-2012, 05:39 PM
4 years

LancsHibs
13-07-2012, 05:39 PM
25/30 SPL clubs voted for Newco in Div3. Who were the 5???

s.a.m
13-07-2012, 05:40 PM
2 of them were QOTS,and Hamilton.

muirhousehibby
13-07-2012, 05:41 PM
All this talk about league reforms and fairer money distribution as well as a pyramid scheme with non-league teams. Are these all things that will only be considered if we allow Newco into the second level of Scottish football?

There isn't a single board member in the Third Division that would think it was a good idea to accept the prospect of relegation to abyss in return for cash and 4 extra places in the top league. Why would anyone with any understanding of Scottish Football think that a 16 team SPL would excite the likes of East Stirlingshire, Albion Rovers, Clyde, and Queens Park, Elgin, Peterhead or anyone else? Especially when the SPL retains a minimum seating criteria which is some cases is 25 times those clubs average home gate and in a couple of cases would mean putting more seats into their football grounds than their town has folk.

League reconstruction has been another matter on which consensus has been difficult to find. Both McLeish in his report and Neil Doncaster had previously stated that their preference had been for a 10-team top division, believing a 14 or 16-team league unworkable. mmmmmmm how loss of cash has somehow changed their mind now.

More twists and turns to come next week? Who knows....

GhostofBolivar
13-07-2012, 05:46 PM
2 of them were QOTS,and Hamilton.

According to Alex Thomson on Channel 4, Berwick were another. Their chairman is/was a Rangers shareholder.

Winston Ingram
13-07-2012, 05:48 PM
There should not be any thought of a new SPL 2 this season. I'm all for reconstruction of the league, but not to satisfy the greed of one club or to cover up the ineptitude of two senior officials. Regan and Doncaster should be out ASAP!!!!!!!!

Agree completely but I wouldn't put anything past these morons:agree:

HibbyAndy
13-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Interesting Rangers said bumping them to Div 3 would be disaster for Scottish Football - yet no concern when they wanted to move to England??!! ****ing Morons!.

Ill stick to my words that if the huns are in Div 3 this coming season ill buy me and the missus and 4 kids ( niece's and nephew's ) Season tickets...6 seasons in total :aok: Many more Hibby's will stick to there word and do the same IF the Currents are root tooted doon tae Div1.

Bishop Hibee
13-07-2012, 05:51 PM
The arrogance of some of these Rangers fans on Reporting Scotland is amazing - enjoy your trips to Elgin and Annan ya bams.

They seem to think other clubs are 'punishing' them :rolleyes:. These eejits need to wake up to the fact they revelled in the Murray days and are now paying the price of their club owners' tax avoidance.

Aberdeen fans spokesperson was excellent. They are looking for 19000 fans to attend their first home game which will wipe out any money they would lose from Sevco fans attending. Something we should do?

basehibby
13-07-2012, 05:51 PM
I think this will be pushed through for next season (thus giving rangers an early release for good behavior) so they skip Div 2 :agree:

:agree: This I could handle assuming it was done correctly - the notion of setting up SPL2 over the next fortnight though is completely farcical as well as strategically and morally wrong.

LancsHibs
13-07-2012, 05:52 PM
According to Alex Thomson on Channel 4, Berwick were another. Their chairman is/was a Rangers shareholder.

So that's Hamilton, QOTS & Berwick, could the other two be Dundee & Dunfermline who didn't get a vote as possible conflict of interest

Hibercelona
13-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Well said by Mike Mulraney (Alloa Chairman) on sportsound.

"Fans are the game, without them, whats the point?" :agree:

CropleyWasGod
13-07-2012, 05:57 PM

That's not how I read it. I read it as having to make appropriate financial decisions, in light of no Huns for the next x years.

That said, I find it amazing that they haven't come to those decisions already. It's when I see how other clubs are run, that I am grateful for the good husbandry of our lot.

HibbyAndy
13-07-2012, 05:59 PM
6 years.

Lucius Apuleius
13-07-2012, 06:04 PM
In the year 2525, if man is still alive.

Keith_M
13-07-2012, 06:05 PM
"The Scottish FA has offered guidance and support to the respective league bodies during this process. The SPL and SFL enter a crucial phase ahead of the new season and they must reach agreement on the practical issues that require to be addressed within their jurisdictions. “Ultimately, there must be an outcome that enables Scottish football to move on with consensus, clarity and confidence into a new era for the national game.”

Is that guy for real? What agreement?

The decision's been made, what more needs to be decided?

Winston Ingram
13-07-2012, 06:12 PM
http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/?=g

degenerated
13-07-2012, 06:16 PM
"The Scottish FA has offered guidance and support to the respective league bodies during this process. The SPL and SFL enter a crucial phase ahead of the new season and they must reach agreement on the practical issues that require to be addressed within their jurisdictions. “Ultimately, there must be an outcome that enables Scottish football to move on with consensus, clarity and confidence into a new era for the national game.”

Is that guy for real? What agreement?

The decision's been made, what more needs to be decided?

Just how and when they accept his resignation :agree:

I think he should have fun with it and read it out in an amusing voice

muirhousehibby
13-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Stewart Regan needs to be removed from his position ASAP

SFA president Campbell Ogilvie pocketed £95,000 from the EBT scheme when he was Rangers secretary.

The whole set up needs to be looked at rotten to the core.:agree:

Minder
13-07-2012, 06:19 PM
When is the league cup draw?:greengrin

SurferRosa
13-07-2012, 06:20 PM
So that's Hamilton, QOTS & Berwick, could the other two be Dundee & Dunfermline who didn't get a vote as possible conflict of interest

According to twitter....

Hamilton, Brechin, Stenhousemuir, Queen Of The South, East Stirlingshire. 5 clubs who didn't listen.
Retweeted by #noclubleftbehind (https://twitter.com/sayno2stitchup)

Lungo--Drom
13-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Very well put sir :aok:

Dungcaster and Reekan should be made to resign and then taken by bin lorry to the border and kicked out onto the the side of the road with placards round their necks saying "MORALLY CORRUPT" :cb:

A huge well done to the clubs in the SFL who were put in a very difficult position thanks to the shameless threats and intimidation from the SFA and the SPL.

The right and proper decision has been made today. This is NOT a punishment for Rangers, rather it is a direct consequence of the old club going out of existence and a new club replacing it and applying to replace it in the bottom tier of the SFL. I don't understand why people can't, or won't, comprehend this very basic fact and realise that it isn't a punishment for a brand new club to be placed in the bottom division of the league structure.

I note that there is now talk of the SPL2 idea being pushed as a result of this decision and, for me, this reiterates the need for change within the authorities who run the game in Scotland. That's why there MUST be a campaign calling for the immediate resignations of Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan from their positions within their respective organisations. Their positions are now untenable, following their disgraceful scaremongering tactics over the past few weeks, with Regan's conduct being particularly reprehensible.

I hope now that we can get back to finally talking about football and that we can look forward to the new season which start in 3 weeks' time (or in 4 weeks' time if you're a Rangers fan! :greengrin). What the SPL finally need to do now is to make an urgent decision on whether Dundee or Dunfermline who will be replacing Rangers in the SPL for next season. Both clubs deserve to be informed as soon as possible as none of this is their fault and they need to be able to prepare for the league that they are going to be playing in next season.

Winston Ingram
13-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Charles Paterson ‏@charlesp_sky
#SSN sources understand the issue of the possible re-admittance of "Rangers"/Rangers newco into the SPL will also be on the agenda

I'm really losing the will to live with this:brickwall

basehibby
13-07-2012, 06:25 PM
They seem to think other clubs are 'punishing' them :rolleyes:. These eejits need to wake up to the fact they revelled in the Murray days and are now paying the price of their club owners' tax avoidance.

Aberdeen fans spokesperson was excellent. They are looking for 19000 fans to attend their first home game which will wipe out any money they would lose from Sevco fans attending. Something we should do?

:agree: The notion they are being punished is all the more astonishing when you consider that Newco Huns have been virtually GIFTED Ibrox AND Murray Park for the incredibly low sum of £1.5 million.

No attempt was made to my knowledge to gain a better price by Duff & Phelps and I await the enquiry from the Inland Revenue as to exactly why they saw fit to effectively GIFT Newco Rangers what must amount to tens of millions of pounds at the expense of tax payers and other creditors.

To my mind Newco Huns have been given a massive leg up which they scarcely deserve in the shape of Ibrox and Murray Park and the fact they're still bleating despite all this proves beyond all doubt that they have absolutely no shame at all.

NAE NOOKIE
13-07-2012, 06:27 PM

Aye well .......... Muhammad Ali was arrogant " I am the greatest " but it wasnt arrogance coz he was right ... he was.

If just one SPL club goes bust as a result of todays vote then they will have been proved right .... The only folk who can stop that from becoming a reality is us ..... Have a look at a thread just started on this very forum ... it already has folk on it telling us why they still wont be going to ER next season.

I bloody well despair !!!

cocopops1875
13-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Interesting Rangers said bumping them to Div 3 would be disaster for Scottish Football - yet no concern when they wanted to move to England??!! ****ing Morons!.

Ill stick to my words that if the huns are in Div 3 this coming season ill buy me and the missus and 4 kids ( niece's and nephew's ) Season tickets...6 seasons in total :aok: Many more Hibby's will stick to there word and do the same IF the Currents are root tooted doon tae Div1.

Instead of having a go at them Andy maybe we should thank them for sticking around and saving the scottish game :greengrin Nah me either :giruy: as Sparky would say

VickMackie
13-07-2012, 06:28 PM
1 season in div 3. 1 in SPL 2. 2 years they'll be in the top division.

McSwanky
13-07-2012, 06:32 PM
1 year in div 3. They finish top. Reconstruction to a 16 and 16 div 1 and 2 and the winners from the old div 2 and 3 will be "invited" into the top league. Cue more of the same pish next summer.

givescotlandfreedom
13-07-2012, 06:32 PM
When are they actually going to receive their punishment?

neilmartinrocks
13-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Aye well .......... Muhammad Ali was arrogant " I am the greatest " but it wasnt arrogance coz he was right ... he was.

If just one SPL club goes bust as a result of todays vote then they will have been proved right .... The only folk who can stop that from becoming a reality is us ..... Have a look at a thread just started on this very forum ... it already has folk on it telling us why they still wont be going to ER next season.

I bloody well dispair !!!

ah muhammad ali, the finest wrestler ever to grace a boxing ring.:greengrin

LeighLoyal
13-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Any zombie hun that thinks his soon to liquidated bill dodgers are going to be called 'The Rangers' in the third division should consider the law on the re-use of a company name after liquidation:Prohibited names and restrictions if a business uses a prohibited name, there are restrictions on who is allowed to be involved in the running of that business. A prohibited name is a name by which a liquidated company was known at any time in the 12 months immediately before its liquidation. This can be any of the following:the name registered at Companies Housethe company's trading nameany name so similar to either of the above that it suggests an association with the liquidated companyThe restrictions apply personally to you if you were registered as a director - or acted as a director - during the 12 months leading up to the liquidation.What are the restrictions?You - and any other former directors - are banned from being a director of a limited company that's using a prohibited name for five years from the date of the original company's liquidation. The ban includes not being allowed to take part in the formation, promotion or management of such a company.The restrictions also extend to a business that is not a limited company - eg a partnership or sole trader - that's using a prohibited name. In such a case, any relevant former directors are banned from being concerned in or taking any part in carrying on such a business for five years.Penalties for breaching rules on the use of prohibited namesAs a former director of a liquidated company, it's a criminal offence for you to break the rules regarding the use of a prohibited name. For an explanation of the law, see the page in this guide on prohibited names and restrictions. Successful prosecution could lead to a fine, a prison sentence or both.You could also be made personally liable for company debts incurred during the period you were involved in managing a business using a prohibited name - even if it was a limited company.In essence whatever team runs out at Ibrox next month cannot be called 'The Rangers' or have Rangers in their name!

Minder
13-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Was there white smoke coming from Hampden when the decision was made?

Here's hoping the rumoured cloak and dagger back in to the SPL never materialises. Could do with a statement from SevCo confirming that they are now preparing for SFL3.

Was orange smoke as the sashes were burned.

Lungo--Drom
13-07-2012, 06:47 PM
To all those...

...who have done the right thing legally or morally since February, a big THANK YOU from someone who believes passionately about truth, honesty and that disagreeing with the law or a rule is a challenge best overcome by trying to have that law or rule changed by democratic means, not by breaking it.

To all those...

...who have knowingly told lies, hidden or destroyed information that would have promoted a speedier and more truthful outcome, broken the law or rules or otherwise acted in a morally corrupt way you should look in a mirror and try and tell yourself you are a decent person.

To all those...

...in the media who promoted a pro-Hun or pro-Old Firm stance even when such a stance was directly in opposition to the truth and common sense, I hope you realise how close you helped take Scottish football to a real Armageddon. Your lies and your twisted opinions are recorded for future generations including your own grandchildren so that they can see that you were just a pathetic part of the same corruption within the Scottish football scene. Your names are noted and I for one will never buy a paper again that you work for nor listen to a radio station that you work for ever again. Joseph Goebbels would be proud of you.

To Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster...

...yes you fit into paragraph two above but as you are probably too twisted, corrupt and arrogant to believe that I have reserved this final paragraph just for the two of you. For whatever twisted and sick reason you both acted the way you have, with your lies, your u-turns and inability to preside over anything but a complete and utter shambles with complete disregard for any form or moral code except money. I hope every lie and mis-truth comes back to haunt until the day you die. You have been defeated by the truth, honesty and the sheer will power of the Scottish football fans. The best place for both of you to go now is HELL.

ronaldo7
13-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Sevco 5088 are born into Irn Bru Division 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLPqHi-6qH0&feature=plcp

heretoday
13-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Talk Sport have just had a guy on the phone saying he reckons his team Airdrie Utd have been promoted to the First division as a result of the Huns entering Div 3.

Ironic, as it was David Murray who said, at the time of Airdrionians demise "Smaller clubs must pay their way".

The caller said he was at Hampden today to savour the moment!

Seveno
13-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Alex Thomson has just said on Channel 4 news that the SFA have told him that they will respect the vote of the SFL. Looks like Regan has deserted his crooked Donkey chum.

CropleyWasGod
13-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Any zombie hun that thinks his soon to liquidated bill dodgers are going to be called 'The Rangers' in the third division should consider the law on the re-use of a company name after liquidation:Prohibited names and restrictions if a business uses a prohibited name, there are restrictions on who is allowed to be involved in the running of that business. A prohibited name is a name by which a liquidated company was known at any time in the 12 months immediately before its liquidation. This can be any of the following:the name registered at Companies Housethe company's trading nameany name so similar to either of the above that it suggests an association with the liquidated companyThe restrictions apply personally to you if you were registered as a director - or acted as a director - during the 12 months leading up to the liquidation.What are the restrictions?You - and any other former directors - are banned from being a director of a limited company that's using a prohibited name for five years from the date of the original company's liquidation. The ban includes not being allowed to take part in the formation, promotion or management of such a company.The restrictions also extend to a business that is not a limited company - eg a partnership or sole trader - that's using a prohibited name. In such a case, any relevant former directors are banned from being concerned in or taking any part in carrying on such a business for five years.Penalties for breaching rules on the use of prohibited namesAs a former director of a liquidated company, it's a criminal offence for you to break the rules regarding the use of a prohibited name. For an explanation of the law, see the page in this guide on prohibited names and restrictions. Successful prosecution could lead to a fine, a prison sentence or both.You could also be made personally liable for company debts incurred during the period you were involved in managing a business using a prohibited name - even if it was a limited company.In essence whatever team runs out at Ibrox next month cannot be called 'The Rangers' or have Rangers in their name!

The fly in the ointment is that RFC are not liquidated yet.

That pedantry apart, the rules you quote relate to company names. Thus far, the new company name is Sevco (1690 or whatever). Sevco bought the brand of Rangers, ie its "name".

A company can trade under almost any name it wants, subject to various restrictions. For example, the various franchises that trade as Macdonalds. In this case, the likelihood is that Sevco would be "trading as Rangers/The Rangers etc".

truehibernian
13-07-2012, 06:55 PM
He defo goes to Alfies. Home of the famous Shan Hair.

I concur, a definite case of the 'Tollcross Scissors' !

BSEJVT
13-07-2012, 07:01 PM
So what's Doncaster and Reagan moaning about, these two men should be removed from there position in Scottish Football ASAP.

The two of them should just shut there bleeping mouths and accept today's outcome and everyone is happy.

That's where the "its over Sevco are in Div 3" falls down for me

Both these guys are answerable to their boards if they were paddling their own canoes with all this guff they would be sacked and long gone by now.

Seems to me they are flying kites on their boards message /agenda /wish list and testing the water.

If none of their ideas stick they can be disposed off with a golden handshake and none of the blame remains with their respective boards.

greenginger
13-07-2012, 07:15 PM

I bloody well despair !!!

I hope everyone who stated they won't be re-newing season tickets because Rangers NewCo was getting back into SPL/SFL1 does the right thing themselves and supports our Club.

Remember, Mikey has your posts and HFC can confirm. :greengrin

Nobody would like to be considered on the same level as the Dead Huns, would they ? :greengrin

The Falcon
13-07-2012, 07:32 PM
I hope everyone who stated they won't be re-newing season tickets because Rangers NewCo was getting back into SPL/SFL1 does the right thing themselves and supports our Club.

Dont fret, someone will be along in a minute with more reasons not to buy a season ticket.

bythecringe
13-07-2012, 07:40 PM
As in the build up to today's vote, the one club that is prominent by its low profile is Celtic. Is this because they see themselves as the main losers financially with Sevco 5088 in the third division? The opportunities for a fairer spread of income over the 40 clubs in the leagues is ominous for them. And they must surely suffer the largest drop in TV income should Temple of Doom Doncaster's financial prophecies come to pass. Oh joy!! A double whammy on the bigot brothers - today has been like an early Christmas. I'm enjoying it while I can as who knows what next week will bring. Will the SFA and SPL spoil the party at their AGM and magic up a new division for the Huns? Tonight's for celebrating so a big thank you to all the teams that voted for sporting integrity :greengrin :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
13-07-2012, 07:58 PM
http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/sponsors/FM.gif

I Love Lamp
13-07-2012, 08:04 PM
As much as I agree with and respect the SFL's decision today, this is not the end. Tweets like this one:

Charles Paterson ‏@charlesp_sky (https://twitter.com/charlesp_sky) ‪#SSN‬ (https://twitter.com/search/%23SSN) sources understand the issue of the possible re-admittance of "Rangers"/Rangers newco into the SPL will also be on the agenda

...and comments like those from the Information Communications Technology Chairman, Kenny Cameron, today probably suggest that a further attempt will be made to readmit Rangers into the SPL on Monday (with sanctions and reconstruction) since the SFL clubs wouldn't join an SPL 2.

Despite Ally McCoist and Charles Green's comments, they would jump at being allowed back into the SPL. Really don't want to be a doom-sayer but I fear many could find themselves very disappointed on Monday night. I would stick money on them getting back into the SPL to cushion the disappointment.

HibbyAndy
13-07-2012, 08:08 PM
As much as I agree with and respect the SFL's decision today, this is not the end. Tweets like this one:

Charles Paterson ‏@charlesp_sky (https://twitter.com/charlesp_sky) ‪#SSN‬ (https://twitter.com/search/%23SSN) sources understand the issue of the possible re-admittance of "Rangers"/Rangers newco into the SPL will also be on the agenda

...and comments like those from the Information Communications Technology Chairman, Kenny Cameron, today probably suggest that a further attempt will be made to readmit Rangers into the SPL on Monday (with sanctions and reconstruction) since the SFL clubs wouldn't join an SPL 2.

Despite Ally McCoist and Charles Green's comments, they would jump at being allowed back into the SPL. Really don't want to be a doom-sayer but I fear many could find themselves very disappointed on Monday night. I would stick money on them getting back into the SPL to cushion the disappointment.

IMO, And its OIMO, Rangers or whatever the hell they are called nowadays have zero chance of playing SPL football next season, I really cant see how they can worm there way out of this mess.Their really is no other outcome other than Div 3 football or Scottish fitba is dead to the world.

Im fairly confident Rangers will begin life next season in Div 3.

Hibercelona
13-07-2012, 08:10 PM

How do you think they would get them into the SPL now?

stoneyburn hibs
13-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Sky Sports would like to apologise for wrongly advertising Rangers in 3D , they meant Rangers in D3.

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Alex Thomson has just said on Channel 4 news that the SFA have told him that they will respect the vote of the SFL. Looks like Regan has deserted his crooked Donkey chum.

I dont think even the SFA could have been so naive as to ignore the voting.....

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 08:22 PM
IMO, And its OIMO, Rangers or whatever the hell they are called nowadays have zero chance of playing SPL football next season, I really cant see how they can worm there way out of this mess.Their really is no other outcome other than Div 3 football or Scottish fitba is dead to the world.

Im fairly confident Rangers will begin life next season in Div 3.

:agree::agree::agree:

SFA would be stupid beyond comprehension to even try to ignore the votes..

GreenPJ
13-07-2012, 08:23 PM

Ticket money is still the biggest income stream for clubs (worth more than TV rights). The Chairmen could not afford to alienate that any further than it already is.

Paisley Hibby
13-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Apologies if already posted - made me laugh

Frankie Boyle‏@frankieboyle

Rangers to Division 3. Every other Saturday one if Scotland's smaller towns will get to learn what life was like in the time of the Vikings.

Eyrie
13-07-2012, 08:26 PM
To all those...

...who have done the right thing legally or morally since February, a big THANK YOU from someone who believes passionately about truth, honesty and that disagreeing with the law or a rule is a challenge best overcome by trying to have that law or rule changed by democratic means, not by breaking it.

To all those...

...who have knowingly told lies, hidden or destroyed information that would have promoted a speedier and more truthful outcome, broken the law or rules or otherwise acted in a morally corrupt way you should look in a mirror and try and tell yourself you are a decent person.

To all those...

...in the media who promoted a pro-Hun or pro-Old Firm stance even when such a stance was directly in opposition to the truth and common sense, I hope you realise how close you helped take Scottish football to a real Armageddon. Your lies and your twisted opinions are recorded for future generations including your own grandchildren so that they can see that you were just a pathetic part of the same corruption within the Scottish football scene. Your names are noted and I for one will never buy a paper again that you work for nor listen to a radio station that you work for ever again. Joseph Goebbels would be proud of you.

To Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster...

...yes you fit into paragraph two above but as you are probably too twisted, corrupt and arrogant to believe that I have reserved this final paragraph just for the two of you. For whatever twisted and sick reason you both acted the way you have, with your lies, your u-turns and inability to preside over anything but a complete and utter shambles with complete disregard for any form or moral code except money. I hope every lie and mis-truth comes back to haunt until the day you die. You have been defeated by the truth, honesty and the sheer will power of the Scottish football fans. The best place for both of you to go now is HELL.
Great post :thumbsup:

According to twitter....

Hamilton, Brechin, Stenhousemuir, Queen Of The South, East Stirlingshire. 5 clubs who didn't listen.
Retweeted by #noclubleftbehind (https://twitter.com/sayno2stitchup)

I wondered who the lickspittles were.

Waxy
13-07-2012, 08:28 PM
WHY? Did that silly moo presenting ssn say "25 out of 30 SFL clubs voted to send Rangers newco to division 3, the toughest sanction available".?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGgggHHHHHHHH HHH

IT WASN'T A SANCTION YOU DAFT @$^&.

Look missus,they where given a huge favour today by being put back in the SFL without any other club being able to apply.
They've just got the easiest entry into the SFL in HISTORY.

THEY SHOULD BE BL&^%Y GRATEFUL> .............................but no......................................they still moan.

Some people upset me.

I Love Lamp
13-07-2012, 08:32 PM

My reasoning is that, (when you consider the ICT chairman's comments today, the fact Petrie briefed Green on the Division 1 proposal and Celtic's silence throughout this affair) the SPL clubs aren't nearly as against Rangers playing in the SPL as they would like their fans to think. If they did try to re-admit them to the SPL, they would probably say 'well, we tried to do the right thing by kicking them out of the SPL and hoped the SFL would facilitate an one tier's worth of relegation by putting newco in Division 1 but since they wouldn't, we now have to have them back because otherwise we would be financially punished for Rangers' actions'. They would then try and push for sanctions and reconstruction as a fig leaf to protect them from the (wholly justified) anger of their own supports.

I honestly don't think that Doncaster and Regan are flying solo in this - they are saying what the SPL member clubs would like to say but couldn't get away with because their own fans would riot. I suspect that Lawwell and others are riding shotgun. One hint of this is the way that SPL chairmen have also talked about being 'punished' for Rangers' crimes which is similar to Doncaster's rhetoric.

Another (maybe more likely) alternative is they might try and resurrect that idea of re-admitting newco, then deducting all last season's points as punishment and relegating them to Division 1 that way. The reconstruction offer would probably still stand as a fig leaf in this scenario as well. There might not be any provision for this in the rules but don't forget these are the same people who talked of creating a new division in two weeks just to accommodate the newco.

Don't get me wrong. I'm basing this on wee bits of info in the public domain and could be way off. I hope I am and think that reconstruction to a 16team league should happen regardless of anything to do with Rangers, who I think should have been put in D3 months ago. I just have a horrible feeling there's still a chance of them being either in D1 or the SPL.

Brando7
13-07-2012, 08:33 PM
How the STV show is off fans next season

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/110760-analysis-what-the-loss-of-rangers-means-to-admissions-at-spl-clubs/

Team Av. vs other Av. vs Rangers Difference £££
Aberdeen 8953 15468 6515 £182,420
Celtic 47221 58602 11381 £956,004
Dundee Utd 7205 9810 2605 £130,250
Dunfermline 4320 7521 3201 £140,844
Hearts 13171 15168 1997 £91,862
Hibernian 9373 11380 2007 £56,196
Inverness 4150 6520 2370 £118,500
Kilmarnock 5328 9506 4178 £91,916
Motherwell 5519 9578 4059 £202,950
St Johnstone 3510 6498 2988 £233,064
St Mirren 4369 6711 2342 £51,524

I'm sure clubs can finds ways to cover the shortfall tho

edit for some reason the spaces here not working grr

I Love Lamp
13-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Ticket money is still the biggest income stream for clubs (worth more than TV rights). The Chairmen could not afford to alienate that any further than it already is.

I honestly believe that some of them think that fans would drift back eventually if there was a 16 team league etc. That's where they'd be making a total miscalculation.

GreenPJ
13-07-2012, 08:47 PM
I honestly believe that some of them think that fans would drift back eventually if there was a 16 team league etc. That's where they'd be making a total miscalculation.

The SPL Chairmen concern is this year and the year after, they don't look far enough in advance to see a good or a bad thing. The leaders of the footballing authorities are just as bad.

Brando7
13-07-2012, 08:53 PM
How the STV show is off fans next season

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/110760-analysis-what-the-loss-of-rangers-means-to-admissions-at-spl-clubs/

Team Av. vs other Av. vs Rangers Difference £££
Aberdeen 8953 15468 6515 £182,420
Celtic 47221 58602 11381 £956,004
Dundee Utd 7205 9810 2605 £130,250
Dunfermline 4320 7521 3201 £140,844
Hearts 13171 15168 1997 £91,862
Hibernian 9373 11380 2007 £56,196
Inverness 4150 6520 2370 £118,500
Kilmarnock 5328 9506 4178 £91,916
Motherwell 5519 9578 4059 £202,950
St Johnstone 3510 6498 2988 £233,064
St Mirren 4369 6711 2342 £51,524

I'm sure clubs can finds ways to cover the shortfall tho

edit for some reason the spaces here not working grr

If these figures are roughly accuract from a Hibs point of view we looking at needing an extra 105 fans to attend each home game, hardly a great deal is it not????

Aberdeen would need 324 each game
Celtic would need 599 each game
Dundee Utd would need 137 each game
Hearts would need 105 each game
Inverness would need 124 each game
Kilmarnock would need 219 each game
Motherwell would need 213 each game
St Johnstone would need 157 each game
St Mirren would need 123 each game

scoopyboy
13-07-2012, 08:57 PM

Club 12 hasn't been filled yet, explain that one to me. Should have been announced before now irrespective or whether it was Pars or Dundee.

ICT and Killie would now vote for the Huns but I'm hoping they wouldn't get others to side with them.

I would rest easier if Club 12 was announced sharpish.

Part/Time Supporter
13-07-2012, 08:58 PM
My reasoning is that, (when you consider the ICT chairman's comments today, the fact Petrie briefed Green on the Division 1 proposal and Celtic's silence throughout this affair) the SPL clubs aren't nearly as against Rangers playing in the SPL as they would like their fans to think. If they did try to re-admit them to the SPL, they would probably say 'well, we tried to do the right thing by kicking them out of the SPL and hoped the SFL would facilitate an one tier's worth of relegation by putting newco in Division 1 but since they wouldn't, we now have to have them back because otherwise we would be financially punished for Rangers' actions'. They would then try and push for sanctions and reconstruction as a fig leaf to protect them from the (wholly justified) anger of their own supports.

I honestly don't think that Doncaster and Regan are flying solo in this - they are saying what the SPL member clubs would like to say but couldn't get away with because their own fans would riot. I suspect that Lawwell and others are riding shotgun. One hint of this is the way that SPL chairmen have also talked about being 'punished' for Rangers' crimes which is similar to Doncaster's rhetoric.

Another (maybe more likely) alternative is they might try and resurrect that idea of re-admitting newco, then deducting all last season's points as punishment and relegating them to Division 1 that way. The reconstruction offer would probably still stand as a fig leaf in this scenario as well. There might not be any provision for this in the rules but don't forget these are the same people who talked of creating a new division in two weeks just to accommodate the newco.

Don't get me wrong. I'm basing this on wee bits of info in the public domain and could be way off. I hope I am and think that reconstruction to a 16team league should happen regardless of anything to do with Rangers, who I think should have been put in D3 months ago. I just have a horrible feeling there's still a chance of them being either in D1 or the SPL.

It's over. There is no popular consent for having the new Huns anywhere other than the bottom. There will be a few SPL clubs (ICT, St Mirren, Killie and Motherwell) who are perhaps regretting their decision, but there isn't a majority for letting them in now. SFL rules regarding resignation of membership also prevent any possibility of SPL2.

Hibercelona
13-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Club 12 hasn't been filled yet, explain that one to me. Should have been announced before now irrespective or whether it was Pars or Dundee.

ICT and Killie would now vote for the Huns but I'm hoping they wouldn't get others to side with them.

I would rest easier if Club 12 was announced sharpish.

After everything thats happened, I can't see the clubs now voting Sevco into the empty slot. That would be totally ludicrous.

HibeeBigFly
13-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Does anyone have any idea who the only team were whom voted no to Sevco going the sfl? I originally thought it was Clyde but hearing rumours it may have been Stranraer?

NAE NOOKIE
13-07-2012, 09:04 PM
ah muhammad ali, the finest wrestler ever to grace a boxing ring.:greengrin

I presume I have spelt his name wrong and there is a wrestler with that spelling. Otherwise I havnt got a clue what you mean

VickMackie
13-07-2012, 09:05 PM
The only thing I'd say is that we, and other clubs, are probably losing St holders anyway.

Brando7
13-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Thanks For The Memories

http://youtu.be/qz9stPeGbn4

Dalkeith
13-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks For The Memories

http://youtu.be/qz9stPeGbn4

superb

jabis
13-07-2012, 09:28 PM
am I the only one who hopes "sevco"doesn't win Div 3 next year ?

Brando7
13-07-2012, 09:30 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18838183

The Scottish Football League has voted Rangers into Division Three for the start of next season.

But talks will take place next week to resolve outstanding issues such as prior penalties imposed by the SFA.

The SFA had issued Rangers with a transfer embargo and a £100,000 fine for "bringing the game into disrepute".

The new Rangers company will be involved in the discussions with the governing body.
Continue reading the main story

“Today is a watershed for Scottish football. There will, undoubtedly, be financial consequences on the horizon”

Stewart Regan SFA chief executive

In May, before Charles Green was able to purchase the Ibrox club's assets, Rangers went to the Court of Session to overturn the 12-month transfer ban, with Lord Glennie referring the matter back to the SFA.

Green had intimated that his new company would shoulder the old club's footballing responsibilities as he bargained to gain entry to the Scottish Premier League, then Division One.

Meanwhile, SFA chief executive Stewart Regan is calling for unity to overcome the "financial consequences" of Rangers newco starting in Division Three.

Regan had previously warned of a "slow, lingering death" for the game if Rangers were not admitted to Division One.

But SFL clubs voted overwhelmingly to reject that option.

"This challenge requires the collective effort not just of the Scottish FA but the respective league organisations and all member clubs," said Regan.

The SPL and SFA were hopeful Rangers would be parachuted into Division One and a package of reform proposals was released on behalf of the three governing bodies two days before to the SFL's ballot.
Rangers crisis explained

Rangers went into administration owing up to £134m to unsecured creditors and will eventually be liquidated
As a result its registrations with the Scottish FA and Scottish Premier League were terminated
Charles Green led a consortium which bought Rangers' assets for £5.5m
The former Sheffield United chief executive is reforming Rangers as a new company
But the 'newco' did not get the required votes for re-admittance to the SPL
Instead, the new Rangers will start life in Division Three

An enlarged top tier was on the agenda, along with the introduction of SPL play-offs, streamlining governance and a change in the distribution of monies.

However, SFL clubs were not swayed by the argument that these changes could be best implemented with Rangers in the second tier.

Twenty-nine of the 30 clubs accepted Rangers as an associate member of the SFL, while 25 clubs voted in favour of placing the newco team into the bottom league.

In a statement released by the SFA, Regan said: "In light of today's decision by the members of the Scottish Football League, the Scottish FA is committed to leading the challenge to reinvigorate the national game.

"Today is a watershed for Scottish football. There will, undoubtedly, be financial consequences on the horizon.

"Nonetheless, with togetherness, an open mind, and innovative thinking, there can also be opportunity: opportunity to restructure the game and promote competitiveness, to place greater emphasis on development of young Scottish talent and to support the financial sustainability of clubs through the Financial Fair Play model.

"The SFA has offered guidance and support to the respective league bodies during this process.

"The SPL and SFL enter a crucial phase ahead of the new season and they must reach agreement on the practical issues that require to be addressed within their jurisdictions.

"Ultimately, there must be an outcome that enables Scottish football to move on with consensus, clarity and confidence into a new era for the national game."

Pete
13-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Now that the sevco issue has been settled surely now It's time for the proposals doncaster and regan laid out to be examined and implemented. One governing body, league reconstruction and fairer wealth distribution were on the table a few days ago so surely with the game now in "meltdown" the need for change has increased?

... Surely what's needed for the "good of the game" hasn't changed dramatically in the space of a few hours?

I hope this is what the SFL clubs now concentrate on and maybe its time for Longmuir to get a bit of revenge for having all this dumped at his door.

down-the-slope
13-07-2012, 09:43 PM
I dont think even the SFA could have been so naive as to ignore the voting.....

:tee hee:

seanshow
13-07-2012, 09:46 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18838183

The Scottish Football League has voted Rangers into Division Three for the start of next season.

But talks will take place next week to resolve outstanding issues such as prior penalties imposed by the SFA.

The SFA had issued Rangers with a transfer embargo and a £100,000 fine for "bringing the game into disrepute".

I dont' want to kick a man when he's down but I'm sure the fine was £160K lol

stokesmessiah
13-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Sorry if already posted...

brian mclauchlin @BBCBMcLauchlin

Charles Green told meeting during q"n"a he was informed by SFA that membership of association would be granted only if vote was for div1

CropleyWasGod
13-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Sorry if already posted...

brian mclauchlin @BBCBMcLauchlin

Charles Green told meeting during q"n"a he was informed by SFA that membership of association would be granted only if vote was for div1

The SFL meeting???

Eyrie
13-07-2012, 10:05 PM
am I the only one who hopes "sevco"doesn't win Div 3 next year ?

There's a chance of that happening because Sevco doesn't have a proper squad in place. If they'd been sensible and stated that they accepted that they would have to start in Division 3, then they could have signed players because the court threw out the transfer ban. Must be quite a few out of contract Huns-supporting players in Divisions 1 and 2 (or even the bottom of the SPL) who would leap at the chance to play for them for a couple of years. Now they're running out of time and available players.

The risk is that they would make losses doing this, but even if they lose £2m in Division 3, then £3m in Division 2 and £4m in Division One buying strong enough squads to guarantee promotion then Sevco would still be in a healthy position once they reach the SPL. Couple of seasons back and the debt would be cleared.

Sir David Gray
13-07-2012, 10:07 PM
After everything thats happened, I can't see the clubs now voting Sevco into the empty slot. That would be totally ludicrous.

Yep, it would be. Which is why it is something that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest as far as this saga goes.

H18sry
13-07-2012, 10:25 PM
IN FULL: Charles Green’s statement on the SFL vote
by Andy Muirhead
Charles Green said: “We are grateful to be accepted as members of the SFL and accept their decision to vote us into Division 3.

“It is a matter of regret for all of us involved with Rangers that the issues surrounding the Club resulted in the SFL and its members being placed in a very difficult position not of their own making.

“From the outset, we made clear we would play where we were told to play and we just want to get back to playing football./em>

“This decision maintains the sporting integrity that clubs and fans across Scotland have been calling for but it also impacts massively on Scottish football as a whole and only time will tell what the consequences will be.

“Rangers has been handed the ultimate punishment of starting again from the bottom of the leagues but there is an overwhelming feeling among fans and within the Club of ‘wiping the slate clean’ as a club free of sanctions.

“The people who brought shame on this great Club are no longer part of it and everyone at Rangers is focused on rebuilding the club on top of a solid financial foundation.

“We wish to play a constructive part in Division 3 and encourage our fans to support the other clubs within the league by attending matches and delivering to them the benefits of having Rangers within their league.

“We have been greatly encouraged by the number of supporters who have committed to buying season tickets no matter where we ended up playing and I personally want to thank them for their continued loyalty to the club.

“We are a football club and we just want to get back to playing football. Now is the time to move on and start afresh.”

“Our task to rebuild the Club will take longer now but we are committed to the job and fully believe we will bring success back to Rangers.

Manager Ally McCoist said: “I fully accept the decision of the SFL today and thank them for allowing us into the SFL.

“Clearly, starting again from the bottom league is not ideal and makes the task of rebuilding Rangers a longer one but the SFL was placed in an impossible situation and I respect its decision.

“I fully supported the fans views that starting again in Division 3 maintains the sporting integrity that the SPL clubs were so keen on.

“The SPL clubs and the SFA have made their positions clear over the last few weeks and it remains to be seen what the long term effects of their decisions will be.

“Rangers has been severely punished for the actions of some individuals who previously ran the Club and it will take time for us to recover but we will come back stronger thanks to the loyalty of the fans and the commitment of everyone at Ibrox who are working tirelessly to bring stability and success back to Rangers.”

stokesmessiah
13-07-2012, 10:35 PM
The SFL meeting???

I guess so:confused:

TheUsualSuspect
13-07-2012, 10:37 PM
I see more media bias o the BBC. They still have Rangers/Sevco on the Scottish Premier league page, maybe they know something we don't. :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
13-07-2012, 10:50 PM
If these figures are roughly accuract from a Hibs point of view we looking at needing an extra 105 fans to attend each home game, hardly a great deal is it not????

Hopefully those who said they would attend if the Huns were banished to the 3rd are true to their word but I've got a feeling so some it was a convenient excuse to stay away.

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Hopefully those who said they would attend if the Huns were banished to the 3rd are true to their word but I've got a feeling so some it was a convenient excuse to stay away.

What makes you say that?

CropleyWasGod
13-07-2012, 11:07 PM
I guess so:confused:

If it was said at that meeting, it sounds like more empty threats.

However, if not..... :greengrin

SteveHFC
13-07-2012, 11:19 PM
It would be quite funny if we got the Newco in the League Cup Draw :greengrin

stokesmessiah
13-07-2012, 11:29 PM
I notice on a lot of forums this one included that people have been speculating about Sevco Utd now being suspended. I can't get my head around this, what difference would that make?

Sir David Gray
13-07-2012, 11:36 PM
I notice on a lot of forums this one included that people have been speculating about Sevco Utd now being suspended. I can't get my head around this, what difference would that make?

Would surely mean that there would be a vacancy in the SFL as they would only have 29 clubs and they would need to open it up for applications and then have a vote.

Not too sure how all that could be done in the space of a month though. They would maybe have to postpone the beginning of the 3rd division league season.

steakbake
13-07-2012, 11:38 PM

Suspend for a year, bring in a bigger SPL, hey presto a ****ty tv deal based on OF fixtures.

Northernhibee
14-07-2012, 12:02 AM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Regan-and-Doncaster-must-go/496705080356130

Link for those that use Facebook - now's the time for everyone to stay together and say no to SPL2, no to Sevco in SPL (yet again) and that Regan and Doncaster are utterly incompetant in every way. No my group but appears to be fairly freshly set up.

givescotlandfreedom
14-07-2012, 12:13 AM
What makes you say that?

A couple of folk I know and a couple on here seem to be moving the goalposts on their renewal or lack thereof.

stokesmessiah
14-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Suspend for a year, bring in a bigger SPL, hey presto a ****ty tv deal based on OF fixtures.

But if they cant get into the SPL now, how would they in 12 months?

speedy_gonzales
14-07-2012, 12:22 AM
But if they cant get into the SPL now, how would they in 12 months?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder,,,,,,,,apparently?

Lungo--Drom
14-07-2012, 02:03 AM
No, relax, it's just that the hotline between Ibrox and the BBC via Dungcaster and Reekan's offices has been cut off due to a massive huff descending over certain parts of Weedgieville :greengrin

I see more media bias o the BBC. They still have Rangers/Sevco on the Scottish Premier league page, maybe they know something we don't. :greengrin

Lungo--Drom
14-07-2012, 02:07 AM
That's a line from the beginning of the YouTube animated film 'Explaining Debt To A Hun' I think :faf:

What makes you say that?

aussie_hibee
14-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Ye didnae get the top league
ye didnae get the next league
or even get the next league
yer in tae divvy 3

Do do do do click click
Do do do do click click
do do do do do do do do do do do do click click

.Sean.
14-07-2012, 05:20 AM
I said to my mate tonight, the fans have got exactly what we wanted, the ball is firmly in our court. Time for the dormant supporters of every so-called 'lesser club' to get up off their ***** and pay at the gates, it's the only way clubs will make up the Rangers deficit. The clubs done their bit, time to do our bit.

Obviousy, a fair few clubs will toil in the short-to-mid term, they'll have to cut their cloth accordingly and either take the hit or hope they get fans through the turnstiles - They've no other option, really. However, I firmly believe in the long-term, Scottish football is going to prosper.

Friday the 13th of July 2012 - The day Scottish football saved itself.

Winston Ingram
14-07-2012, 06:07 AM
http://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2012/07/13/4143/

Clyde's latest statement

Spike Mandela
14-07-2012, 06:13 AM
It would be quite funny if we got the Newco in the League Cup Draw :greengrin

You kidding? Those heated balls will be back out (oooh errr missus:greengrin) for the cup draws and Celtic will draw Sevco in every competition.

bighairyfaeleith
14-07-2012, 06:22 AM

Clyde's latest statement

If clyde are right then the SFA needs to be disbanded and a new organisation setup in this country, it's rotten to the core and cannot be trusted to run our game impartially.

Spike Mandela
14-07-2012, 06:24 AM

Clyde's latest statement

The clarity and logic in the Clyde fc statements throughout this process should make all of their supporters very proud. Indeed should the leadership of the SFA need replaced in the very near future a candidate from this boardroom would get my vote.

grunt
14-07-2012, 06:45 AM
The clarity and logic in the Clyde fc statements throughout this process should make all of their supporters very proud. Really? I was just thinking the opposite. I have no idea what this quote from the statement means, can you explain it?

We reported this morning prior to the vote of all clubs that “Sevco Scotland Ltd will not be playing in the Third Division in the coming season." Nothing heard today altered that opinion, in fact, it strengthened it.

Del Boy
14-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Really? I was just thinking the opposite. I have no idea what this quote from the statement means, can you explain it?

It means the SFA will overturn the SFL decision and put newco back to SPL. thereby ending our interest in Scottish football.

Finbar
14-07-2012, 07:05 AM
There's a previous statement on the Clyde website saying they were aware of the intention/ultimatum from the SFA that whatever happens Sevco would not be playing in the 3rd division, presumably said by Regan in an "over my dead body" kind of tone. After yesterday's meeting the Clyde board's opinion on the SFA's intentions has not changed, despite the clubs voting the way they did, they reckon the SFA will still do everything in their power to prevent a situation where Sevco are playing in the 3rd division.

By the way, does anyone happen to know how the gate money is divided up in the SFL? Do clubs get to keep all the gate money from their home games or do they still split it 50/50 like in the old days?

s.a.m
14-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Lloyd Shepherd ‏@lloydshep (https://twitter.com/lloydshep)
Someone Scottish from something called "Rangers" has just phoned and asked if I "fancy a game." Is this a 50 Shades of Grey thing?

Bostonhibby
14-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Well that's the job nearly done, well done the SFL chairmen, at least I will be able to go to a scottish game now, even if it only means randomly picking non SPL teams excluding the 5 who supported the Zombies. All I need now is for there to be no dirty deal to reincarnate the corpse into SPL or up the leagues and I can watch SPL games.

Hoping that the non footballing side of this can now be properly dealt with. Still baffled why the deal for the assetts that have to be worth more than the "fixed" price that seems to have been agreed betwen Green and Duff & Duffer has been allowed to stand without investigation, hardly the best outcome for the creditors/HMRC. We really do need someone to get at the maximum money that can be picked off the corpse and also an investigation into any fraud associated with the transactions.

Zondervan
14-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Another good (and long) read here about what may happen next, in particular around the SFA/SPL passing the buck on who actually finishes off The Rangers.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/will-the-sfa-approve-transfer-of-rangers-membership-to-sevco-scotland-ltd/

Will there ever be an end-game to this saga?

Also the guy is worth following on Twitter for all you Tweeters out there: Paul McConville - @Paulmcc12

danhibees1875
14-07-2012, 08:48 AM
In the most childish way possible...why do we lmao the likes of Scott to a division 1 team? Between all the spl clubs we could loan our fringe players to a different 3rd div team every year and keep the Huns out of site hehe.

Moulin Yarns
14-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Well said Annan

http://www.annanathleticfc.com/news.asp

The SPL are now due to meet on Monday where the first steps of shift in governance should take place with removal of the 11-1 vote. Like many other clubs we are suspicious that the SFL’s decision to place Rangers in Div 3 may not be final, the SPL could easily counter such fears by inviting Dundee or Dunfermline into the SPL to take the compliment of teams to the minimum number in accord with the legally binding Settlement Agreement. We were delighted to hear the unanimous response from all ten 1st Division clubs who stated that they are only interested in a 42 club resolution (for any CEO’s or others who are unsure what that means, bluntly it is stick SPL2 where the sun don’t shine and do not even attempt to pull a 16 team stunt move, another scenario that wouldn’t astonish us is for Rangers to be invited back into the SPL – to think we were threatened with Armageddon! We do however have faith that the SPL chairmen, the guys that matter, will invite Dundee or Dunfermline into the SPL and through all our combined efforts we will see a 42 team resolution to restructuring and the many other changes we all wish to see happening.

lapsedhibee
14-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Another good (and long) read here about what may happen next, in particular around the SFA/SPL passing the buck on who actually finishes off The Rangers.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/will-the-sfa-approve-transfer-of-rangers-membership-to-sevco-scotland-ltd/

:agree:

Moulin Yarns
From Alex Thomson's blog

three people present at today’s meeting told me independently that the SFA boss Stewart Regan has told the “Rangers” owner Charles Green that there is no way his club will be playing in D3 a fortnight tomorrow

Instead of the widespread assumption this is a threat that the SFA will do everything to get newgers into the SPL 2, could it not be read that the SFA won't give Newgers a licence to play next season?

I know that sounds most unlikely, but remember the SFA still have to decide on what 'punishment' to put on them after the CofS appeal finding. Here's hoping.

blackpoolhibs
A couple of folk I know and a couple on here seem to be moving the goalposts on their renewal or lack thereof.

I dont know the people you know, but who on here keep moving the goalposts?

greenginger
14-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I take it resolution 3 was passed at the SFL meeting allowing either Dundee or Dunfermline to leave the SFL if they get the call from the SPL ?

If so, I don't see how a stitch-up by Doncaster and Co could get Sevco back into the SPL.

They are now locked into the SFL and won't even have a vote for 4 years ! :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
14-07-2012, 09:05 AM
I take it resolution 3 was passed at the SFL meeting allowing either Dundee or Dunfermline to leave the SFL if they get the call from the SPL ?

If so, I don't see how a stitch-up by Doncaster and Co could get Sevco back into the SPL.

They are now locked into the SFL and won't even have a vote for 4 years ! :greengrin

According to the Annan statement, the vote for resolution 3 was yes

Moulin Yarns
14-07-2012, 09:39 AM
For our esteemed poster, Blueisthecolour.....

Annan Athletic - Galabank, capacity 3000 they are down the way from Ibrox
Berwick Rangers - Shielfield Park, ENGLAND (scene of your 'greatest game in history'), capacity 4131 Over the border, in case you had forgotten
Clyde - Broadwood stadium, capacity 8029 What's it called? Cumbernauld
East Stirling - Ochilview, capacity 3776 ground share with Stenny
Elgin City -Boroughbriggs, capacity 4927 up north
Montrose - Links Park, capacity 3292 nothing to do with sausages, it is by the seaside
Peterhead - Balmoor, capacity 4000, you probably know Peterhead, there's a big hoose there
Queen's Park - Hampden Park, capacity 52000 the largest ground in the SFL 3 and the chance for a newco-firm derby
Stirling Albion - Forthbank, capacity 3808 stuck in the middle of an industrial estate

Enjoy the journey

lapsedhibee
14-07-2012, 09:43 AM

Berwick Rangers - Shielfield Park, ENGLAND (scene of your 'greatest game in history'), capacity 4131 Over the border, in case you had forgotten
Montrose - Links Park, capacity 3292 nothing to do with sausages, it is by the seaside
Peterhead - Balmoor, capacity 4000, you probably know Peterhead, there's a big hoose there
Queen's Park - Hampden Park, capacity 52000 the largest ground in the SFL 3 and the chance for a newco-firm derby
Stirling Albion - Forthbank, capacity 3808 stuck in the middle of an industrial estate

Enjoy the journey

All that's only if they get their DodoHun-SevcoHun membership/licence/sanctions issues sorted out, mind. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
14-07-2012, 09:48 AM
All that's only if they get their DodoHun-SevcoHun membership/licence/sanctions issues sorted out, mind. :greengrin

As already suggested :greengrin

From Alex Thomson's blog

three people present at today’s meeting told me independently that the SFA boss Stewart Regan has told the “Rangers” owner Charles Green that there is no way his club will be playing in D3 a fortnight tomorrow

Instead of the widespread assumption this is a threat that the SFA will do everything to get newgers into the SPL 2, could it not be read that the SFA won't give Newgers a licence to play next season?

I know that sounds most unlikely, but remember the SFA still have to decide on what 'punishment' to put on them after the CofS appeal finding. Here's hoping.

lapsedhibee
14-07-2012, 09:53 AM
As already suggested :greengrin

:agree: Just don't want all the recent celebration about SevcoHuns' D3 destination to stifle any awareness of the possibility, however remote, of complete expunction from fitba next season.

joe breezy
14-07-2012, 09:58 AM

Enjoy the journey

Oldco - Newco derby - Scotland's oldest club v Scotland's newest club

Geo_1875
14-07-2012, 10:04 AM
:agree: Just don't want all the recent celebration about SevcoHuns' D3 destination to stifle any awareness of the possibility, however remote, of complete expunction from fitba next season.

"Expunction" That sounds like a suitable outcome.

Moulin Yarns
14-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Dorin Goian aims to leave Ibrox after the Rangers newco was voted into the Irn-Bru Third Division.

The Romanian defender, who joined Rangers from Palermo last summer, had vowed to stay if the club were allowed into the First Division. But he quickly announced his intention to quit after 25 Scottish Football League clubs voted to admit Charles Green's Rangers in the bottom tier.
"I am not playing at the fourth level - there's no question of that," Goian told Romanian media.
"I am on my way back and I will meet the president of the club and I will learn more.
"My agent has already spoken with other teams but nothing has been agreed yet.
"I would have stayed if it was the First Division - but not this."

LeighLoyal
14-07-2012, 10:12 AM
For our esteemed poster, Blueisthecolour.....Annan Athletic - Galabank, capacity 3000 they are down the way from IbroxBerwick Rangers - Shielfield Park, ENGLAND (scene of your 'greatest game in history'), capacity 4131 Over the border, in case you had forgottenClyde - Broadwood stadium, capacity 8029 What's it called? CumbernauldEast Stirling - Ochilview, capacity 3776 ground share with StennyElgin City -Boroughbriggs, capacity 4927 up northMontrose - Links Park, capacity 3292 nothing to do with sausages, it is by the seasidePeterhead - Balmoor, capacity 4000, you probably know Peterhead, there's a big hoose thereQueen's Park - Hampden Park, capacity 52000 the largest ground in the SFL 3 and the chance for a newco-firm derbyStirling Albion - Forthbank, capacity 3808 stuck in the middle of an industrial estateEnjoy the journeyI thought Sevco fans were boycotting anybody who has integrity? All these clubs are part of the out to get me anti hun conspiracy surely?

Moulin Yarns
14-07-2012, 10:18 AM
10 things you may not have known about the Scottish third division1) Rangers (assuming they are allowed to keep their history) can now become the first club to win all four Scottish divisions.
2) Sevco Scotland Ltd has been granted associate membership of the SFL, which means that they will have no voting rights for three years.
3) The SFL is sponsored by Irn-Bru, Scotland's other national drink. It's understood that drinks giant Barrs supply product rather than cash for the bulk of the deal.
4) Sevco will have only the second-biggest ground in Division Three. Queen's Park's capacity at Hampden is 52,500 - 1,418 more fans than Ibrox can hold.
5) Two of the clubs in the Third Division, Alloa Athletic and Annan Athletic, have never played a competitive match against Rangers in any of their previous incarnations.
6) Only two of the Third Division sides have faced Rangers (as was) in a league match. Clyde last played them for points at Shawfield on Feb 22 1975 while amateurs Queen's Park, in their last season in the top flight, won 2-1 at Ibrox on March 20, 1948.
7) There will be a scramble for tickets for away matches, particularly at Annan's Galabank, which has a capacity of 2007, with only 500 seats.
8) No Third Division club has ever reached the final of the Scottish Cup or the League Cup.
9) By joining the SFL, Sevco (assuming they are allowed to keep Rangers' history) will have the chance to add the Ramsdens Cup to their list of trophies won.
10) According to the SFL's website, Ramsdens is “the largest independently owned pawnbroking and financial services business in the UK.”

LeighLoyal
14-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Elgin have just released a statement: for every 1p Sevco FC spend they will spend 2p.

VickMackie
14-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Elgin have just released a statement: for every 1p Sevco FC spend they will spend 2p.

:faf:

VickMackie
14-07-2012, 10:35 AM
10 things you may not have known about the Scottish third division1) Rangers (assuming they are allowed to keep their history) can now become the first club to win all four Scottish divisions.
2) Sevco Scotland Ltd has been granted associate membership of the SFL, which means that they will have no voting rights for three years.
3) The SFL is sponsored by Irn-Bru, Scotland's other national drink. It's understood that drinks giant Barrs supply product rather than cash for the bulk of the deal.
4) Sevco will have only the second-biggest ground in Division Three. Queen's Park's capacity at Hampden is 52,500 - 1,418 more fans than Ibrox can hold.
5) Two of the clubs in the Third Division, Alloa Athletic and Annan Athletic, have never played a competitive match against Rangers in any of their previous incarnations.
6) Only two of the Third Division sides have faced Rangers (as was) in a league match. Clyde last played them for points at Shawfield on Feb 22 1975 while amateurs Queen's Park, in their last season in the top flight, won 2-1 at Ibrox on March 20, 1948.
7) There will be a scramble for tickets for away matches, particularly at Annan's Galabank, which has a capacity of 2007, with only 500 seats.
8) No Third Division club has ever reached the final of the Scottish Cup or the League Cup.
9) By joining the SFL, Sevco (assuming they are allowed to keep Rangers' history) will have the chance to add the Ramsdens Cup to their list of trophies won.
10) According to the SFL's website, Ramsdens is “the largest independently owned pawnbroking and financial services business in the UK.”

Whilst mildly amusing there's no question about it, rangers are no more. No history.

Hibercelona
14-07-2012, 10:37 AM

Perhaps some fans from each SPL side should divide up and give all our division 3 pals (excluding sevco), some much needed gate cash. :agree:

Moulin Yarns
14-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Anybody looked at the official Rangers website today?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news-index

Lungo--Drom
14-07-2012, 10:45 AM
:faf: did they say whether there was enough people to have four jackets as goal posts?

Lloyd Shepherd ‏@lloydshep (https://twitter.com/lloydshep)
Someone Scottish from something called "Rangers" has just phoned and asked if I "fancy a game." Is this a 50 Shades of Grey thing?

FranckSuzy
14-07-2012, 11:07 AM
From Alex Thomson's blog

:agree: Just been on BBC news

Cabbage East
14-07-2012, 11:08 AM

What am I supposed to be lookin for?

LeighLoyal
14-07-2012, 11:08 AM
One thing that makes me laugh is they think they have been 'punished' for their crimes. They have received what any other club would have for entering administration and then liquidation: a 10 point deduction and loss of the liquidated companies football registration. The only extra punishment they have received for their industrial financial malpractice was a fine of £160,000, refused to pay it, and banned from transfers for two windows, refused to accept it. The European ban is also purely procedural as they have no audited accounts. So we have a situation where a club has brought the Scottish game into serious disrepute but as yet has had no sanction applied successfully. The question of history has to be addressed: if Sevco FC claims the history of Rangers FC and that is allowed to be the case then it must accept the sanctions for its previous incarnations misdeeds. Personally I favour the no history, no sanctions route. But it has to be fully stated first that Sevco FC has no claim on the 54 titles won by Ranger FC 1872-2012 (RIP)

Mon Dieu4
14-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Just said on the news the SFA are meeting next week to discuss all that, they still don't have an SFA licence and the vote yesterday was dependant on it being granted

Onion
14-07-2012, 11:14 AM
One thing that makes me laugh is they think they have been 'punished' for their crimes. They have received what any other club would have for entering administration and then liquidation: a 10 point deduction and loss of the liquidated companies football registration. The only extra punishment they have received for their industrial financial malpractice was a fine of £160,000, refused to pay it, and banned from transfers for two windows, refused to accept it. The European ban is also purely procedural as they have no audited accounts. So we have a situation where a club has brought the Scottish game into serious disrepute but as yet has had no sanction applied successfully. The question of history has to be addressed: if Sevco FC claims the history of Rangers FC and that is allowed to be the case then it must accept the sanctions for its previous incarnations misdeeds. Personally I favour the no history, no sanctions route. But it has to be fully stated first that Sevco FC has no claim on the 54 titles won by Ranger FC 1872-2012 (RIP)

Great summary :top marks

Moulin Yarns
14-07-2012, 11:24 AM
What am I supposed to be lookin for?

Well, any news, team names, ticket prices????

All i got was an advert for Sky Sports

Jack
14-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Oh its all gone quiet over there
Oh its all gone quiet over there
Oh its all gone quiet
All gone quiet
All gone quiet over there.

Shall we write a web page for you?

lapsedhibee
14-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Longish but goodish analysis of the Donkey Pack's public position by Henry Clarson:

What If There’s No Santa?

“If Santa knows that you’re being bad, you’ll not get any presents on Christmas Day.”
Were any of us not subjected to that threat at some point in our childhood?

What a brilliant way to keep someone in line! Invent a myth, keep repeating it until you convince your weans that it’s true and then use it to manipulate them according to your wishes. As a child, I sometimes wondered about the logistics of this remarkable operation. We all did.
The whole world? In one night? Presents for every single well-behaved child? All carried on one sleigh? Seriously?

It seemed that something didn’t quite add up here but wherever I looked, everyone confirmed the reality of Santa. Parents, relatives, neighbours, teachers, random strangers all had their stories straight. Television programmes and adverts, grottos in department stores, pictures on billboards, songs on the radio, each provided further evidence that nobody except me had even noticed any of the inherent inconsistencies about this extraordinary person and his work.
Why don’t all the starving children in Africa ask for enough food to keep them alive?
If his elves are making all these toys themselves, how come they look exactly the same as the ones in the shops?
What’s the point of the shops trying to sell Airfix Lancaster bomber model kits or Subbuteo sets if everyone can get one for nothing?
It didn’t make sense.

On the other hand, I had a suspicion that it might be unwise to express too much scepticism. It might even cost me a train set.
By all accounts, only people who actually believed in Santa got presents from him.
It finally came to the point when I not only knew beyond reasonable doubt that Santa must be a myth; I also realised that I had been surrounded by liars for years. But no sooner had I become cognisant of the Great Deception than the liars invited me to join their conspiracy. There were younger siblings and cousins who had to remain deceived and it wouldn’t do for me to blow the whistle. I calculated that by publicly maintaining the pretence that I believed in Santa, I might be able to raise the stakes for next Christmas. It was to be a red bicycle or else.

(At this point I must apologise to any readers who hadn’t yet heard the bad news that there is no Santa. If it’s any consolation, Graham Speirs knew this three weeks ago before anyone else although he didn’t bother to write about it. In any case, in a few months time the Daily Record will claim that it was the first to break the story.)

As with the Santa myth, so with the Rangers myths. One of the recurring myths is that Rangers are a financial powerhouse, an economic engine which supplies Scottish football with huge revenues upon which almost every club is almost totally reliant. According to myth, even Celtic need Rangers.

Celtic have long since grown up and don’t believe in Rangers so they have dismissed that myth. Many other clubs, however, are holding out for a red bicycle. Some will settle for a train set. So long as they are compliant and believe in Rangers, they’ll get something for nothing in defiance of all logic.

Over the course of the last decade, the mighty Rangers economic powerhouse ran itself into the ground. If the tax authorities know anything about taxes – and it seems to me to be a reasonable starting assumption that they know quite a lot – we can go on to assume that when Rangers crashed into oblivion, the hole they were in was about £140 million deep. In truth it is even deeper.

On top of the money owed to hundreds of creditors there are previous matters to consider. In 2004, the mythical billionaire Minty Moonbeams reportedly squirted a £51.4 million pound “injection” into Rangers simmering accounts after a rights issue was formulated to reduce the club’s then £73.9 million debt. In truth, the attempt to raise capital was a catastrophic failure and Murray MHL Limited, which had underwritten the share issue, was obliged to take the hit. In effect, all that happened was that some paperwork was signed so that a £50 million debt to HBOS was shifted sideways from one basket case Murray business in Ibrox to another, even worse one in Edinburgh.
The debt was never paid back before HBOS croaked. It was subsequently picked up by the tax-payer as part of Gordon Brown’s £37 billion rescue package to maintain the lifestyles of corrupt, fraudulent banksters and their cronies. We’re now getting close to £200 million of Rangers damage to other parties. But say nothing. There might be a red bicycle in it for you.

Meanwhile, despite running up the longest series of consecutive 0-3 defeats in the history of football, Rangers were awarded the championship titles on five occasions during this period, thus enabling the SPL to divert millions of pounds of prize money away from the rightful league winners and into the colossal overdraft of the mythical economic powerhouse. The SFA, hoping for a red bicycle, duly notified UEFA that Rangers would represent Scotland in the Champions league in the following season. Tens of millions of pounds worth of prize money would never reach the club which had really earned that place by playing the game according to the rules.
Five seasons of SPL and Champions League prize money take the damage up to the quarter of a billion pound mark. Yet the economic powerhouse still went bust.

There have been other substantial cash investments from dubious sources. Dave King still faces hundreds of charges of fraud, tax evasion and money-laundering in South Africa on an industrial scale. At the last count, I made it 322 charges in all. The money laundering activities relate to drugs-running operations, illegal arms deals, child pornography and a host of other unwholesome activities. Fortunately for Rangers, £25 million of the proceeds of those disgusting enterprises found its way into Dick Advocat’s warchest. Red bicycles for everyone who sees no connection.

In 1992, Joe Lewis made his fortune by launching an all out attack on the UK’s currency reserves which cost the nation a minimum of £3.4 billion pounds on Black Wednesday. To balance up the damage done to the economy, Lewis dribbled £40 million into Ibrox economic powerhouse. Red bicycles for everyone who believes forty million pounds minus three point four billion pounds equals a positive balance. No need to show your working; just believe.

And on and on and on.
Just over a year ago, Chief Constable of Strathclyde Police Stephen House was so convinced by the magnitude of Rangers’ contribution to society that he dominated the news headlines for days with his calls for ‘Old Firm’ games to be played behind closed doors or even banned altogether. Police Federation Spokesman, Les Gray, repeatedly rammed home a similar message that the country could no longer afford to bear the financial cost to the police, A&E, ambulance services and so on.
Ignore all that and collect your red bicycle on Christmas Day.

Regardless of all that, here is the truth.
The SFL and SFA, amongst others, have dedicated themselves to the perpetuation of the Rangers Myth.
They worship at the shrine of a fake god which they have created themselves. They warn of dire consequences if puny mortals fail to venerate this mighty deity. They sacrifice honour, justice and honesty at the altar of their idol. They glorify their god through acts of bare-faced hypocrisy, blatant match-fixing and stinking corruption.

For red bicycles and Santa, read SPL money and television.
For Rudolf defying the laws of aerodynamics, read Rangers defying the fundamentals of economics.
Just as Santa could only complete his night’s work by travelling faster than the speed of light, contrary to every principle of physics, so Zombie Huns can only compete in Scottish football if every inconvenient rule is deliberately broken and every sporting principle is ignored.

To those who staunchly, defiantly believe in Rangers, despite all the evidence, this is as straightforward as believing in Santa Claus.
They just have to ignore the overwhelming proofs that what they want to believe cannot possibly be true. They’ll see one club recklessly spending everyone else’s money and they’ll call it generating revenue. They’ll see tax evasion, fraud and cheating but they’ll call it financial might, vision and dignity. They must wilfully ignore that even when the now-defunct club was at its most successful it still sucked far more money out of society than it put in.
They are determined to perpetuate the myth of Rangers for the sake of a red bicycle.

But the facts are laid bare for all to see. Zombie Huns, and Rangers before them, are no more a linchpin of a successful, solvent, sustainable Scottish football set-up than a letter to Santa is a solution to the banking crisis.

Prof. Shaggy
14-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Longish but goodish analysis of the Donkey Pack's public position by Henry Clarson:

What If There’s No Santa?

Ssshhh....

Bostonhibby
14-07-2012, 01:46 PM

Enjoy the journey

Any direct flights from Belfast? :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
14-07-2012, 01:58 PM
More from Sir Alex Thomson

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/league-gentlemen-rangers/2301

https://twitter.com/alextomo

Pete
14-07-2012, 02:07 PM

So instead of Audis their players can now expect perks like free crates of irn bru! Marvellous!

Still want to know about how the gate money is split though. Surely a 75/25 split should be getting rushed through. Things like fairer distribution of TV, sponsors money are red herrings.

ginger_rice
14-07-2012, 02:23 PM
[B]

And there was me thinking it was the chip shop Harry Ramsdens that was the sponsor :doh::embarrass

Famous Fiver
14-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Something that intrigues me and doesn't appear to have been picked uop by our (n)ever vigilant hacks such as Young and Traynor.

When Rangers transfer embargo was announced our good friend Ally McCoist was very quickly into his stride on TV, radio and in the press demanding that these 'faceless' men who had made the decision were named and demanding 'transparency'

And now I read that Messrs McCoist and Greene only spoke at the SFL meeting if they were accorded complete confidentiality!!!!

Could we get Messrs Young and Traynor, and Mr McCoist, if one of our august hacks can put the question to him, how this contradiction has happened.

Transparency, Ally wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

grunt
14-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Oh dear, this doesn't sound very promising...

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-mirren/110905-st-mirren-boss-blasts-catastrophic-vote-to-send-rangers-to-division-3/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour has hit out at Scottish Football League chairmen after they vote a Rangers newco into the Third Division.

Representatives from 30 member clubs overwhelmingly decided Sevco Scotland Limited must play in the bottom tier of the league structure after rejecting proposals which could have seen the Ibrox side play in the First Division. Gilmour was one of ten SPL chairmen to vote against admitting Charles Green’s new company into Scottish football’s top flight earlier this month.

In an interview with the Paisley Daily Express the Buddies chief says the SFL’s decision has done damage to the game.
He told the paper: “This is horrific news for St Mirren Football Club. The consequences are terrible – catastrophic even.

“What happens next? Well, there is an SPL meeting on Monday and we will need to see what is said then and take it from there.
“The St Mirren board will meet in the days after that SPL meeting and decide what is the best way forward but we are already looking at major redundancies.”

Scottish FA chief executive Stewart Regan has come under pressure in recent days over his handling of the situation.
However Gilmour added: “To be fair to Stewart Regan, the document he released last week was a good document.
“It set out changes to Scottish football that would bring in a fairer structure, fairer distribution system, fairer everything.
“Unfortunately, the people in the SFL have not bought into that. I just hope they realise the damage they have done to Scottish football.

“Five clubs in the SPL could be in administration within weeks – and we will have to do everything we can to avoid being one of them.”

Speculation continues over the possible creation of an SPL2, however Gilmour appeared to dismiss the idea.
He said: “The SFA and the other bodies are already talking about the options and that could be decided on Monday.
“As for an SPL 2, I’m not sure that is any better than letting Rangers back into the top flight.”

YehButNoBut
14-07-2012, 03:41 PM
No surprise with this report

Call for 'no confidence' in Stewart Regan in wake of Rangers vote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18841325

grunt
14-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Just reading the interview back again - this is a shocking thing to say.

Unfortunately, the people in the SFL have not bought into that. I just hope they realise the damage they have done to Scottish football.

greenginger
14-07-2012, 04:12 PM

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-mirren/110905-st-mirren-boss-blasts-catastrophic-vote-to-send-rangers-to-division-3/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I thought St Mirren were one of the debt free clubs in the SPL. All they have to do is not to spend more than they earn unless they have a facility with their bank. Simples ! :agree:

ScottB
14-07-2012, 04:43 PM

That doesn't make any sense...

He sounds like he is still opposed to Rangers in the SPL at the end there, thinks SPL2 is a bad idea, so what exactly was his preferred outcome then?

Its a bit much for SPL clubs to cast Rangers out, then start crying that the SFL sides took the same attitude. If clubs haven't been at least making plans for this outcome, which has been on the cards since at least Valentines Day, then more full them frankly.

Hibercelona
14-07-2012, 04:51 PM

What an erse.

What was his idea in the beginning? We'll vote no to Sevco in the SPL to win over our fans and hopefully the SFL clubs bottle it for us?

Seriously.... imagine attacking the SFL for doing the right thing.

Total fud.

Waxy
14-07-2012, 04:54 PM

He sounds like he is still opposed to Rangers in the SPL at the end there, thinks SPL2 is a bad idea, so what exactly was his preferred outcome then?

Its a bit much for SPL clubs to cast Rangers out, then start crying that the SFL sides took the same attitude. If clubs haven't been at least making plans for this outcome, which has been on the cards since at least Valentines Day, then more full them frankly.Looks like certain people are offering large sums of cash in return for a change of mind.........The corruption continues.

grunt
14-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Dundee Utd making their position clear. Well done Arabs.

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=4235&cd=2012#.UAGksMOUONM.facebook

Following yesterday's democratic vote by the SFL clubs in favour of admitting The Rangers Football Club as an associate member of the SFL, but with the Third Division being the only acceptable position, Dundee United will now focus on our upcoming campaign while working together with the other SPL clubs to ensure the stability of the SPL and Scottish football in what will be an uncertain and extremely challenging financial environment.

For the avoidance of doubt, following yesterday's vote, the Club would not support any counter proposals for the formation of SPL 2 or regarding any other route for The Rangers Football Club to join the SPL.

Now is the time for everyone to be united as one and we ask our supporters to stand alongside us as we face the challenges ahead.

Del Boy
14-07-2012, 05:08 PM

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=4235&cd=2012#.UAGksMOUONM.facebook

Great statement from united, time for others to follow suit.

lapsedhibee
14-07-2012, 05:10 PM

Its a bit much for SPL clubs to cast Rangers out, then start crying that the SFL sides took the same attitude. If clubs haven't been at least making plans for this outcome, which has been on the cards since at least Valentines Day, then more full them frankly.

Perhaps St Mirren were led to believe by one or more of the Donkey Pack that casting DodoHun out of the SPL guaranteed that SevcoHun would play in D1.

Perhaps when he says that SPL2 for SevcoHun would be no better than SPL, he is paving the way for voting SevcoHun into the SPL.

Del Boy
14-07-2012, 05:11 PM
St mirren and caley now just as bad as killie

MrSmith
14-07-2012, 05:15 PM

Unbelievable! Does this form the majority opinion of SPL chairman??? If so, do not buy a season ticket until it is all completely over! Machiavellian plot is still on!

I'm perplexed by this statement! What the f*** did he expect? The fans have spoken, the SFL chairmen have played their part and protected 'sporting integrity/fairness, albeit for their own agenda to take shape. However, as it stands Monday is going to be fun-filled day!

grunt
14-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Perhaps St Mirren are suddenly regretting arranging a week long pre-season training camp in Spain?

sauzee's fan
14-07-2012, 05:18 PM
who needs those horrible cheating thieving weej **** anyway...i'll tell you not us(scottish football)!!!!!!!!!!!

Saorsa
14-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Deary me, blaming the SFL for no doing their dirty work for them. Suggests tae me that the scheming was always the intention of at least some of them in voting no tae sevco in the SPL and **** all tae dae with doing the right thing. Too bad others chose tae tae the right thing and refused tae be bullied and blackmailed.

HibbyAndy
14-07-2012, 05:20 PM
That's an absolute superb turnout if true..Well done the Dundonians!.

LeighLoyal
14-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Dundee should be club 12 I hope.

At The Edge
14-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Hearts David Southern spoke on Sportsound today re the SPL AGM on Monday , looks like Hearts are against any change on whats been voted on.

"Nothing has been mentioned to us as a club that that is on the agenda for discussion," Hearts manager director David Southern told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme.
"We think it would be a very, very short discussion indeed.
"Rangers, as has been elected, will play in Division Three. That's how it stands at the moment, that's how we fully expect it to stand at 17:00 BST on Monday."
When asked if he expected an SPL2 to be discussed, Southern responded: "It's certainly not been mentioned to us and, again, it's not particularly something we would be looking to entertain."

LeighLoyal
14-07-2012, 05:25 PM
These clubs are just going to have to cut their cloth. Maybe they can pick up some huns who don't want to watch Sevco in sfl 3?

phantomscotsman
14-07-2012, 05:26 PM

:top marks

grunt
14-07-2012, 05:31 PM
That's how it stands at the moment, that's how we fully expect it to stand at 17:00 BST on Monday." That's an odd turn of phrase...

blueisthecolour
14-07-2012, 05:32 PM

Enjoy the journey

Enjoy the journey is what im planing to do, thanks for the info though, lets just hope there is no change of plans to try get us back in to spl, we are happy to start in division 3 and see where it takes us.

Baldy Foghorn
14-07-2012, 05:34 PM

Pathetic interview with Gilmour........If 5 teams could go into administration as he forecasts, the teams must have pretty poor business models if Derhun monies are keeping them afloat.........Or it is more wholly inappropriate scaremongering......

grunt
14-07-2012, 05:35 PM
These clubs are just going to have to cut their cloth. Looks like that has started already...

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/motherwell/110917-motherwell-boss-tells-fans-he-doesnt-anticipate-making-any-summer-signings/

Stuart McCall doesn’t expect to make any signings this summer after a newco Rangers were admitted to the Third Division.

The Steelmen have yet to bring in anyone to compensate for the loss of Steve Jennings, Tim Clancy and Stephen Craigan during the close season. Motherwell will play in the Champions League qualifiers later this month ahead of the start of the SPL campaign in August. And McCall feels he will have to stick with what he has at his disposal.

"I think we have lost 10 players and we have brought five kids up from the under-19s and now with that decision yesterday it's going to prove almost impossible to bring anybody into the club," McCall told BBC Scotland. "That's the financial aspect, I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but that's the reality."

SPL broadcasters Sky and ESPN have yet to make definitive statements over their position following Friday’s vote with league chief executive Neil Doncaster suggesting £16m could be lost to the game. And McCall admits television revenue will dictate how his club operate. "It's going to mean a huge deficit," he said. "Yesterday's vote has made it even worse. "The main thing is the TV, that's the bottom line. There is a lot of, I say scaremongering, but it might be true. "It would be good if someone could come out and say 'this is the facts'. "Are Sky and ESPN going to walk away if Rangers are in Division Three? "If that's the case, then our revenue gets cut hugely as does every SPL club and a lot of clubs are not going to be able to function as they are doing at the moment. "A lot of people talk about if two or three clubs do go into administration in the next couple of months then that's because they have been living outwith their means. But that's not the case.

"At Motherwell we have no debt. A lot of clubs who are in debt have been trying to reduce it and paying for their errors five or 10 years ago. "We're not living outwith our means, we have contractual income to put out and money we expect to come in. "Obviously there is going to be a shortfall and that's where the problem lies."

Baldy Foghorn
14-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Enjoy the journey is what im planing to do, thanks for the info though, lets just hope there is no change of plans to try get us back in to spl, we are happy to start in division 3 and see where it takes us.

You are fortunate to start in D3......That should not have been a given......

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Pathetic interview with Gilmour........If 5 teams could go into administration as he forecasts, the teams must have pretty poor business models if Derhun monies are keeping them afloat.........Or it is more wholly inappropriate scaremongering......

What a pile of sheite, Only one question for Gilmour, why do clubs who are relegated not go into administration, they dont get any games against ranger OR celtic?

LeighLoyal
14-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Enjoy the journey is what im planing to do, thanks for the info though, lets just hope there is no change of plans to try get us back in to spl, we are happy to start in division 3 and see where it takes us.Not as happy as I am. Won't have to listen to your sectarian anthems for three years! Hopefully Sevco will have died before then.

Onion
14-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Unbelievable! Does this form the majority opinion of SPL chairman??? If so, do not buy a season ticket until it is all completely over! Machiavellian plot is still on!

I'm perplexed by this statement! What the f*** did he expect? The fans have spoken, the SFL chairmen have played their part and protected 'sporting integrity/fairness, albeit for their own agenda to take shape. However, as it stands Monday is going to be fun-filled day!

Couple of possible explanations, either they didn't do their sums right until after they voted Newco out of the SPL (and now deeply regret that) or - more likely - they were given assurances by Regan/Doncaster that Newco would definitely be parachuted in D1, with much of the TV revenue safeguarded etc. Either way, St Mirren are chumps and have no right to castigate the SFL for making a democratic decision.

St Mirren's statement just adds to the stench. We've rightly accused Rangers of deceit, corruption and cheating but they're complete amateurs compared to the SFA and SPL.

Green&White
14-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Im really confused about this whole thing now....

If they are a new company all together. doesnt that mean they cant use the "old" rangers badge/crest and its history etc is wiped clean?

with the season starting in the next few weeks ive not seen anything other than them still selling the "old" shirts etc. no hint of the new branding etc. can they use the stuff from the "old" team??!!

they keep going on about this being a new company but on the surface it seems the same to me....

like alot of people have said even tho they got bumped to the 3rd the whole thing stinks. they shouldnt be in the 3rd at all if you ask me. not untill they have done their 3 years in the west of Scotland league or wherever and have followed the rules. getting sick of the whole thing now.

muirhousehibby
14-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Couple of possible explanations, either they didn't do their sums right until after they voted Newco out of the SPL (and now deeply regret that) or - more likely - they were given assurances by Regan/Doncaster that Newco would definitely be parachuted in D1, with much of the TV revenue safeguarded etc. Either way, St Mirren are chumps and have no right to castigate the SFL for making a democratic decision.

St Mirren's statement just adds to the stench. We've rightly accused Rangers of deceit, corruption and cheating but they're complete amateurs compared to the SFA and SPL.

Agreed m8.

I still recall Mr Murray telling the smaller clubs like east fife and dumbarton etc if they can't pay there way they should fold and merge with others clubs etc..

he should have practiced what preached eh...

blueisthecolour
14-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Not as happy as I am. Won't have to listen to your sectarian anthems for three years! Hopefully Sevco will have died before then.

The thing is when we play in division 3 and lose a game there will be a new thread started on here about it, of that I have no doubt, and im sure you will contrubute to it, so although we are away to div3 we will still have you talking about us. Would it not be better to move on and forget about us?

McSwanky
14-07-2012, 06:18 PM
The thing is when we play in division 3 and lose a game there will be a new thread started on here about it, of that I have no doubt, and im sure you will contrubute to it, so although we are away to div3 we will still have you talking about us. Would it not be better to move on and forget about us?

Yes. Unfortunately, though, the amount of crap we've had to put up with over the years from your supporters and, as it now turns out, your cheating boardroom, it's quite difficult to just forget without having a good old fashioned giggle at you.

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-07-2012, 06:19 PM

It would have been if justice was served and Sevco we're denied a licence

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2012, 06:23 PM

Who is this we you talk about, your team is dead. :confused:

The Falcon
14-07-2012, 06:25 PM

Well at least you were right about thing, a club has already gone bust. Oh wait................

Seriously though I think you might struggle financially and wont find it as easy as you think. The results will go your way but I am sure I read somewhere that it costs about £25m a year, excluding wages, to run your former club. Although the wage bill will be much reduced at the new club you are going to have to average a decent crowd to be self financing. Given that only 7k turned out for the "Save Rangers march" I am not convinced that the new club will survive without radical surgery.

Hibercelona
14-07-2012, 06:27 PM

Rangers aren't anywhere. Rangers are as good as dead.

Oh, you mean that new club "sevco 5088"........ the one with no history?

I doubt you'll be attending any of their games anytime soon, unless they get a shortcut into the SPL just like they did into DIV3, courtesy of the footballing gangsters.

Baldy Foghorn
14-07-2012, 06:28 PM

Hard to forget you, when the Media is full of it on a daily basis......Talking about you its hard not to, hopefully your team dies, and you are resigned to the historybooks, but then no doubt you will be on here to post and update us.....Cheating, corrupt, bigotted to the core.......(Can you tell I dont like your mob?)

MSK
14-07-2012, 06:29 PM
The thing is when we play in division 3 and lose a game there will be a new thread started on here about it, of that I have no doubt, and im sure you will contrubute to it, so although we are away to div3 we will still have you talking about us. Would it not be better to move on and forget about us?Your cheating club should be dead & buried ..you should have no ground ..no training facilities & no players ..liquidation ..non-existant ..

Dirty cheating ****ers !!

Part/Time Supporter
14-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Im really confused about this whole thing now....

If they are a new company all together. doesnt that mean they cant use the "old" rangers badge/crest and its history etc is wiped clean?

with the season starting in the next few weeks ive not seen anything other than them still selling the "old" shirts etc. no hint of the new branding etc. can they use the stuff from the "old" team??!!

The administrator sold the intellectual property of Rangers to Green along with the fixed assets.

they keep going on about this being a new company but on the surface it seems the same to me....

like alot of people have said even tho they got bumped to the 3rd the whole thing stinks. they shouldnt be in the 3rd at all if you ask me. not untill they have done their 3 years in the west of Scotland league or wherever and have followed the rules. getting sick of the whole thing now.

They've been elected to membership of the SFL by 29-1 majority. There was little demand amongst SFL clubs to exclude "Rangers" completely and bring in some other non-league club. They're starting again at the bottom of the senior league pyramid.

SteveHFC
Your cheating club should be dead & buried ..you should have no ground ..no training facilities & no players ..liquidation ..non-existant ..

Ryan91
[/B]

It would have been if justice was served and Sevco we're denied a licence

As I understand the situation Sevco have not actually been granted membership by the SFA. The whole playing in div 3 is currently where they will play should they be granted membership that is of course unless I've missed the news that they are now SFA members.

Of course there is still the small matter of the tribunal to take care of with regard to punishment following the removal of the transfer embargo by the courts.

Baldy Foghorn
Your cheating club should be dead & buried ..you should have no ground ..no training facilities & no players ..liquidation ..non-existant ..

Amen.....

Elephant Stone
14-07-2012, 06:34 PM

You a Sevco and a Rangers fan now?

The Falcon
14-07-2012, 06:35 PM
The administrator sold the intellectual property of Rangers to Green along with the fixed assets.

Aye, for a quid.

I hearby offer the liquidators a fiver, when they revisit (as they surely must) the deals that were done by D+P, for the intellectual property, and the brand of the team formerly known as Rangers.

It is their duty, is it not, to raise as much cash as possible?

StevieC
14-07-2012, 06:40 PM
As I understand the situation Sevco have not actually been granted membership by the SFA. The whole playing in div 3 is currently where they will play should they be granted membership that is of course unless I've missed the news that they are now SFA members.

And I suspect that SFA membership may well be depending on Sevco accepting any punishments dished out to Rangers. The biggest issue being MONEY, as I doubt that the SFA will have any intention of being "out-of-pocket" for this fiasco .. and will be expecting to get the cash in from the £160k fine (and any outstanding football debts).

blueisthecolour
14-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Who is this we you talk about, your team is dead. :confused:

Dont be confused, we aint even liqudated yet

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2012, 06:43 PM

I'm far from confused, the team you once supported are dead. They will be liquidated very very soon. The team you refer to as we, are a different club. Well done for finding another club to support so quickly.

MSK
14-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Dont be confused, we aint even liqudated yetSo when you are ..take it you will be hanging around the Annan, Queens Park, Stenny forums then..for your 3rd Div talk ..:aok:

easty
14-07-2012, 06:50 PM

I dont like how the people surrounding Rangers and the people in charge of the Scottish game have handled things, but the way things stand theres no tiered system whereas a team is promoted into the SFL3. The SPL was a team short when Rangers went bust, so the SPL takes an SFL side, then the SFL need to fill a space. Considering the infrastructure they have in place, and the number of fans they have, Sevco were the obvious choice for the new team in the SFL. In my opinion anyway.

SFL3 is where they are, and rightly so.

sh00byd00
14-07-2012, 06:51 PM

Mate, the oldco has no players, no staff, no training facilities, no stadium, no nothing in fact. So holding onto the "we ain't even liquidated" nonsense is just that - nonsense.

It just has around £130m of debt attached to it. That's it.

blueisthecolour
14-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Rangers aren't anywhere. Rangers are as good as dead.

Oh, you mean that new club "sevco 5088"........ the one with no history?

I doubt you'll be attending any of their games anytime soon, unless they get a shortcut into the SPL just like they did into DIV3, courtesy of the footballing gangsters.
Who are these gangsters you speak of?
We applied to join spl and rightly were told no, we applied to join sfl and have been accepted, now we wait to see if regan transfers our membership, it was good enough if going to div 1 so whats the hold up for div 3.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2012, 06:57 PM
We applied to join spl and rightly were told no, we applied to join sfl and have been accepted, now we wait to see if regan transfers our membership, it was good enough if going to div 1 so whats the hold up for div 3.

There you go again with this we, i was convinced you were a rangers fan, are you telling me now you support club 12 or sevco as they are known too?

blueisthecolour
14-07-2012, 06:58 PM
So when you are ..take it you will be hanging around the Annan, Queens Park, Stenny forums then..for your 3rd Div talk ..:aok:

Yep i will, and hopefully the spl teams and fans stick to talking about spl, every messageboard ive looked at has more threads about us than their own team unless they have merged the threads and even then its always at the top.

Jim44

No chance. We'll spend the next three years laughing and gloating at newco at every opportunity and I suspect there will be many.

Baldy Foghorn

You were accepted but in reality you got fast tracked, as you never met the criteria for admission.....You should have been punted from all leagues.....Junior football would have suited you better.....Odious Club, odious newco, odious peepul, odious fans.....Clear enough?

Hibercelona
14-07-2012, 07:00 PM

You keep saying "we".

Who is this "we"?

The "we" you once followed, or the new "we" that you're going to be following now?

Sevco didn't apply for anything. They had no right to apply for the SPL or SFL in their current form and circumstances.

lapsedhibee
14-07-2012, 07:00 PM

The hold up is that Regan's game is to have your newly adopted team playing in D1, and it's his baw. What I want to know is what's the hold up with his resignation.

easty
14-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Yep i will, and hopefully the spl teams and fans stick to talking about spl, every messageboard ive looked at has more threads about us than their own team unless they have merged the threads and even then its always at the top.

how many messageboards do you frequent? you must be bored of the 'it's no fair' crap and sectarian bollocks all over your own teams messageboard if you're trawling round everyone elses!

do yourself a favour, in fact do us a favour.....**** off!

blueisthecolour
14-07-2012, 07:02 PM
There you go again with this we, i was convinced you were a rangers fan, are you telling me now you support club 12 or sevco as they are known too?
Keep telling urself there is no Rangers, you will eventually believe it, but awnser me this, should let me call them Rangers you can choose what you like to call us, meet hibs in a cup, are you telling me the hibs fans will make no mention of Rangers or our past?

SteveHFC
14-07-2012, 07:03 PM
how many messageboards do you frequent? you must be bored of the 'it's no fair' crap and sectarian bollocks all over your own teams messageboard if you're trawling round everyone elses!

:aok:

Iggy Pope
14-07-2012, 07:04 PM

No one likes us.
We don't care.

Remember that old number from the team you used to support?

SteveHFC
14-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Keep telling urself there is no Rangers, you will eventually believe it, but awnser me this, should let me call them Rangers you can choose what you like to call us, meet hibs in a cup, are you telling me the hibs fans will make no mention of Rangers or our past?

The Huns will be in the 3rd division while we will be in the SPL :giruy:

lapsedhibee
14-07-2012, 07:05 PM

:tsk tsk:

blueisthecolour
14-07-2012, 07:07 PM

What its no fair, we the fans want div3 and got it, what wont be fair is if we are put higher up to protect sponcership deals ect, ive not went against the rules of hibs.net which means im ok to stay and post if I choose, you on the other hand are breaking hib.net rules byy telling posters to **** off unless im picking you up wrong.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2012, 07:08 PM

I have no need to tell myself there is no rangers, they are died. You know it we know it, the world knows it. As i said, well done finding another club to support, i couldn't support an other club. I think that says a lot about the kind of football fan you are, you certainly walked away.

Baldy Foghorn

Technically you are a newco, old hun is no more, newco has no history, you are following a new team.....Pretty simple stuff, surely even the most thickest of hun can comprehend this?

BoltonHibee

You have no past.

Hibercelona

The only thing that will remind us of Rangers is when we start hearing the same old bile being spouted by newly converted "sevco fans".

Your new club will always be known as "Sevco 5088", regardless of what they disguise their name as.

blueisthecolour
14-07-2012, 07:09 PM
No one likes us.
We don't care.

Remember that old number from the team you used to support?and im sure it will be heard next time we play, still supporting the rangers.

easty
14-07-2012, 07:09 PM
What its no fair, we the fans want div3 and got it, what wont be fair is if we are put higher up to protect sponcership deals ect, ive not went against the rules of hibs.net which means im ok to stay and post if I choose, you on the other hand are breaking hib.net rules byy telling posters to **** off unless im picking you up wrong.

I have to apologise....clearly (judging by that post) you're either 10 years old or mentally handicapped. I'm sorry I had a go at you. Now run along and play with your Lego Ibrox.

blueisthecolour
14-07-2012, 07:11 PM
The only thing that will remind us of Rangers is when we start hearing the same old bile being spouted by newly converted "sevco fans".

Your new club will always be known as "Sevco 5088", regardless of what they disguise their name as.
I will bet you 50pounds to charity the match program next time Hibs play Rangers or you way sevco it wont say hibs v sevco.

Iggy Pope
14-07-2012, 07:12 PM
and im sure it will be heard next time we play, still supporting the rangers.

Good show. As long as you're remembering how much you are disliked ya manky shower of ex-huns

blackpoolhibs

There you go again using the word we? You now support a completely different club to the one that died. Sevco = 0 history and 0 trophies. A diddy team you could say.

blueisthecolour
I have to apologise....clearly (judging by that post) you're either 10 years old or mentally handicapped. I'm sorry I had a go at you. Now run along and play with your Lego Ibrox.

Apology Accepted

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2012, 07:13 PM
and im sure it will be heard next time we play, still supporting the rangers.

Who is this rangers you keep banging on about? :confused:

Hibercelona
14-07-2012, 07:15 PM
I will bet you 50pounds to charity the match program next time Hibs play Rangers or you way sevco it wont say hibs v sevco.

I don't care what it says on a sheet of paper.

Clearly thats all your clubs name means to you..... (what appears on a sheet of paper).

Where as real clubs such as ourselves know fine well that our name means far more than what is printed or shown on a TV screen. Something that your type will never understand.

Aye... you call yourself Rangers. But deep down, you know it will all be fake.

blueisthecolour
14-07-2012, 07:16 PM
There you go again using the word we? You now support a completely different club to the one that died. Sevco = 0 history and 0 trophies. A diddy team you could say.

Im going to stick my neck out here and say have it your way but I reckon it wont be long until this sevco have won more tropheys than hibs, including scottish cup.

SteveHFC
14-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Im going to stick my neck out here and say have it your way but I reckon it wont be long until this sevco have won more tropheys than hibs, including scottish cup.

Hibercelona
14-07-2012, 07:18 PM

I reckon it won't be long until Sevco cheat their way to cups and titles (like their predecessors) either.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

MSK
14-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Im going to stick my neck out here and say have it your way but I reckon it wont be long until this sevco have won more tropheys than hibs, including scottish cup.:faf:

Wait till the EBT's come out ..you lot will be gone gone gone ...:bye:

You havent even been punished yet !!!! :faf:

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2012, 07:19 PM

That maybe the case, but as someone else has said. DEEP DOWN YOU WILL KNOW ITS NOT RANGERS, BECAUSE THEY DIED. :faf:

Hibercelona
14-07-2012, 07:20 PM
That maybe the case, but as someone else has said. DEEP DOWN YOU WILL KNOW ITS NOT RANGERS, BECAUSE THEY DIED. :faf:

blueisthecolour
14-07-2012, 07:20 PM

Wait till the EBT's come out ..you lot will be gone gone gone ...:bye:

You havent even been punished yet !!!! :faf:
So we a new company? How can a new company have ebt's, cant have it both ways, make up ur mind.

Billy Whizz
14-07-2012, 07:21 PM
So we a new company? How can a new company have ebt's, cant have it both ways, make up ur mind.

You want to be in the league?

Iggy Pope
14-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Im going to stick my disliked brassneck out here and say have it your way but I reckon it wont be long until this sevco have won more tropheys than hibs, including scottish cup.

Fixed that for you.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm so upset that another song has disappeared of our songlist, i loved it when a rangers player, remember them?

Remember when one of them was injured, and laying on the deck or being treated by the trainer, remember we'd all sing, DIE DIE DIE DIE YA HUN, well thats gone for ever now. :boo hoo:

Hibercelona
14-07-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm so upset that another song has disappeared of our songlist, i loved it when a rangers player, remember them?

Remember when one of them were injured, and laying on the deck or being treated by the trainer, remember we'd all sing, DIE DIE DIE DIE YA HUN, well thats gone for ever now. :boo hoo:

:singing: We hate Glasgow Celtic.... We hate Sevco to, their s***e!

It's just no the same. :boo hoo:

Iggy Pope
14-07-2012, 07:30 PM

Remember when one of them was injured, and laying on the deck or being treated by the trainer, remember we'd all sing, DIE DIE DIE DIE YA HUN, well thats gone for ever now. :boo hoo:

Or when a stray dug came battering on to the pitch we could all point and sing JOHN GRIEG! JOHN GRIEG! Lost to a generation's carelessness.

CropleyWasGod
14-07-2012, 07:30 PM

Die, die, die, die Seb Coe has a ring to it, though.....

Baldy Foghorn
14-07-2012, 07:31 PM

Did you mean trophies???

If you want to brag about winning the Ramsdens Cup (If indeed you actually win it), then bash on.....Sevco are a diddy team.....

MyJo
14-07-2012, 07:32 PM

I'm not sure we even go to the bother of producing a programme when we get drawn against diddy teams from the third division :dunno:

Hibercelona
14-07-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure we even go to the bother of producing a programme when we get drawn against diddy teams from the third division :dunno:

I was thinking this myself.

And it would cost them far too much to print off match programs themselves. They wouldn't want to risk going into administration.

The Falcon
14-07-2012, 07:38 PM

Seems to me it is Sevco/Rangers that want it both ways.

Pay yer bills and yer taxes and you will be Rangers with your 54 titles (maybe only 45) and the rest.

Man up and claim your history, or renege like the sligh, underhand common thiefs that you are, and you dont.