PDA

View Full Version : Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178

GreenPJ
04-07-2012, 12:59 PM
It isn't our game, it's their cash cow. That's the problem.

Doncaster and at least some of the SPL chairmen obviously do not believe that the number of fans will walk away as are suggesting.

I still struggle with the fact that I thought there was still an investigation into wrong doing on the go by the SFA/SPL. How can they possibly be forcing clubs to accept an SFL1 or SPL solution when they have not had the outcome of the investigation which might then suggest demotion or suspension of the back of the findings.

PatHead
The bottom line is that if some SPL clubs are that badly run that Rangers leaving the SPL would financially cripple them to be honest they should either go to the wall or into administration and that would just be tough. To use that as an excuse to carry out this perverted form of sporting integrity in the form of blackmailing, bullying and lying to SFL clubs is completely sickening. Rangers should be dealt with properly and then we will see what happens, clubs will need to cut their cloth accordingly and if that means going part time or worse that is just the way it goes. They will be replaced by other SFL teams and we go on.

Well said!

gramskiwood
If these corrupt ****s get away with this then EVERY single fan that is opposed to this should impliment a blanket boycott of all things SFA, going to the national team games, buying merchandise, etc etc... withdraw support to the SFA and our governing bodies at every level possible!!!

No point in boycotting Hibs games as our club have been against this from the off, it's the folk in power, SFA, SPL etc that need to feel the wrath!!

But surely our Chairman is party to all of this despite what he has said.:fuming:

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Maybe they don't but how about the league sponsors. Putting your name in front of it could be suicide. Scottish Corrupt Premier League sponsored by ..................

It's always been well known that the SPL is a "fixed" league. It's never stopped sponsers in the past.

We have to face the facts, the SPL has always been one big cash cow for the greedy people at the top and we're the suckers that have continued to feed it.

Brando7
04-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Name an SPL club that has went to the wall due to relegation and missing out on BOTH OF gate money & tv money..........not one club!!!

God help any club who thinks them out of the league will see them go bust then end up relegated this season

PatHead
04-07-2012, 01:02 PM
But surely our Chairman is party to all of this despite what he has said.:fuming:

Not necessarily. He may have voted against it but been outvoted. (Club statement last week hints at that by saying vote must take place and Hibs will still vote no) That is why it is important Hibs/Petrie make a statement.

jgl07
04-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Let the whole thing collapse, and the jobs that go with it sadly. Cure the cancer and start again, partying like its 1875.

What worries me is that the whole collapse of the SPL/SFL may be being engineered with the aim of getting Rangers and Celtic a ticket elsewhere.

DH1875
04-07-2012, 01:05 PM
River finished bottom one season, the league then changed the rules to say that relegation would be based on a three year average (or somesuch), which kept them up. River then kept being **** for the next 1-2 years and were relegated under the new rules.

So it worked out good for them then :faf:.

Has it def been confirmed there will be no vote today? If so, that's nothing short of a ducking joke. Hope the SFL chairmen stick to their guns and then we'll see where the SPL chairmen really stand when it comes to kicking out rangers.
In fact, have the SFA not said they will block the newco from getting into the SPL? If so, what's the point of even having a vote? If this aint sorted soon then Scottish football can go do one.

Judas Iscariot
04-07-2012, 01:05 PM
you dinnae think Petrie is involved in this? They're all saying one thing tae yer face and another behind yer back.

Maybe, maybe no?

Nobody knows for sure either way so i'd rather not turn my back on my club just on the off chance they might've known about this..

Wether they agreed to this is different, but once again we don't and probably will never know..

What if they did know but were utterly against it but were outvoted?!

Once again, who knows?

What we do know for certain, 100% sure, is that the governing bodies, SFA, SPL etc etc are as bent and corrupt as they come, they should be hammered by the disagreeing public..

Stevie Reid
04-07-2012, 01:06 PM
The bottom line is that if some SPL clubs are that badly run that Rangers leaving the SPL would financially cripple them to be honest they should either go to the wall or into administration and that would just be tough. To use that as an excuse to carry out this perverted form of sporting integrity in the form of blackmailing, bullying and lying to SFL clubs is completely sickening. Rangers should be dealt with properly and then we will see what happens, clubs will need to cut their cloth accordingly and if that means going part time or worse that is just the way it goes. They will be replaced by other SFL teams and we go on.

:agree:

As I was saying yesterday, if the clubs haven't learned their lesson after the collapse of SPL TV and Setanta, then they deserve all they get. We have suffered due to the length of time that we have been living strictly within our means, and would no doubt suffer even more from supporters understandably not wanting to watch a corrupt league.

Motherwell have just done the unthinkable in obtaining a Champions League qualifying place, yet we are told that they could be facing insolvency without the money that Rangers bring in? How poorly run are they, exactly?

They didn't suffer hugely from being in administration ten years ago, and are now not benefiting significantly from a CL qualifying place - yet they are supposed to be goosed completely without the money that Rangers bring in? Doesn't make sense.

Unbelievably depressing stuff.

Lungo--Drom
04-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Like said a few 1000 posts ago, the SPL clubs who wish to uphold true sporting integrity should counter the morally corrupt pish spouting from Dungcaster & pals at the SPL by resigning from the SPL now and applying to an enlarged SFL. Yes any teams doing that would lose money but the way things are going right now they are going to lose money anyway. Lots of it.

Bishop Hibee
04-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Not necessarily. He may have voted against it but been outvoted. (Club statement last week hints at that by saying vote must take place and Hibs will still vote no) That is why it is important Hibs/Petrie make a statement.

The statement will go a long way to whether I continue going to Easter Road.

Let the whole thing collapse, and the jobs that go with it sadly. Cure the cancer and start again, partying like its 1875.

Not such a bad idea. Hibernian Phoenix anyone :flag:

Saorsa
04-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Not necessarily. He may have voted against it but been outvoted. (Club statement last week hints at that by saying vote must take place and Hibs will still vote no) That is why it is important Hibs/Petrie make a statement.All these people who spoke out about sporting integrity and voting no who then sat in silence while that 'piece of work' was distributed tae the SFL clubs are no everything they're cracking themselves up tae be IMO.

IMO they were either involved with it or gave it their tacit approval by no coming out and condemning it for the disgraceful piece of threatening blackmailing garbage it was.

Spike Mandela
04-07-2012, 01:10 PM
The Clyde statement lays bare the intentions of Doncaster and his cronies. Really really sticks in my craw the "sporting integrity has no purchase" piffle Petrie spouted.

It is clear to me that the SFL members must vote against the div1 entry but allow div 3 entry then they can sit back and watch the liars and cheats at the SPL and SFA running around back tracking and u-turning on every rule, sanction and piece of integrity left to get newco where they want.

Let the SPL charlatans finally be truthful with their intentions including Petrie.

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

silverhibee
04-07-2012, 01:11 PM
An astonishing statement from Clyde FC. Good on them for exposing full details of how Doncaster and Regan are behaving.

A clear threat from the SPL to the rest of Scottish Football. Allow our corrupt and immoral cartel to continue and accept our crumbs off the table - or we'll cut you adrift.

Utterly, utterly shocking.

It's as simple as that, a threat from the SPL, let the cheats back in or you become outcasts of Scottish football.

Bleeping unbelievable, can't believe i just read that on the Clyde FC.

Mad has a point, Scottish football is run by the SFA/SPL Mafia. Threats and bribes. :rolleyes:

s.a.m
04-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Gordon Waddell‏@GordonWaddellJust been told Application for share transfer to newco rejected. Tick tick tick...

s.a.m
04-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Andrew Dickson‏@rfc_dicksonSPL clubs have 'voted overwhelmingly to reject' Rangers' application to join the top flight as a newco

matty_f
They've voted 'no'.!!

degenerated
Spl clubs vote no, now they should be hounding that fanny Doncaster out his job.

ScottB
04-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Really stupid question but, why can't any of these journalists actually do their job for once and contact the head honcho at SKY to see what's going on.

Doncaster and co are the only ones who have spoken to them and therefore the only ones who know the truth. (Not that I would believe them as he wouldn't know the truth if it slapped him in the face). He should be out there trying to get a replacement deal though rather than bullying SFL.

The Sun did, being the same company, and reported that. It was also the same information given to all Sky employees.

They have not said at any point that they would pull the plug and walk away. It's nonsense from Doncaster n co to try and keep Rangers as high up the league structure as possible.

JimBHibees
04-07-2012, 01:14 PM

As I was saying yesterday, if the clubs haven't learned their lesson after the collapse of SPL TV and Setanta, then they deserve all they get. We have suffered due to the length of time that we have been living strictly within our means, and would no doubt suffer even more from supporters understandably not wanting to watch a corrupt league.

Motherwell have just done the unthinkable in obtaining a Champions League qualifying place, yet we are told that they could be facing insolvency without the money that Rangers bring in? How poorly run are they, exactly?

They didn't suffer hugely from being in administration ten years ago, and are now not benefiting significantly from a CL qualifying place - yet they are supposed to be goosed completely without the money that Rangers bring in? Doesn't make sense.

Unbelievably depressing stuff.

Thats because I am sure it is nonsense and scaremongering in the extreme.

TheEastTerrace
04-07-2012, 01:15 PM
It's a NO to Newco

Godsahibby
Spl vote no to newco ssn

jonny
Yesssss! Spl vote overwhelmingly to reject Rangers bid to join the league. It's now up to the Sfl

JimBHibees
Name an SPL club that has went to the wall due to relegation and missing out on BOTH OF gate money & tv money..........not one club!!!

God help any club who thinks them out of the league will see them go bust then end up relegated this season

Very good point it is clear it is nonsense.

Spike Mandela
04-07-2012, 01:16 PM

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Petrie is in up to his neck in this, he briefed Green on the intentions. Do you not see that all the clubs announced their "no to newco" after the 3 authorities had a six hour meeting to thrash this out. All SPL clubs were briefed on the intention that there was no way Rangers would be out the league for more than a year.

Petrie's stance on sporting integrity was for our benefit to try and get you to part with your season ticket money, nothing else.

EDIT maybe you are right and like 12 angry men Petrie has talked all the chairmen round. SPL say NO!!!!

Andy74
The statement will go a long way to whether I continue going to Easter Road.

Not such a bad idea. Hibernian Phoenix anyone :flag:

Have hibs not already made claer a couple of times now where they stand and how they will be voting?

They did say though that other bodies would now decide what would happen to Rangers.

Rod is on one of those bodies but that's not Hibs.

I'd be very surprised indeed after running the club the way he has, taking personal stick for it for years and publically talking about integrity being beyond purchase that he is personally leading any of the stuff from the SFA. He will, however, have to be part of any collegiate deicsion made by the SFA board if they have decided a particular course of action.

Stevie Reid
Thats because I am sure it is nonsense and scaremongering in the extreme.

gramskiwood
04-07-2012, 01:17 PM

Petrie is in up to his neck in this, he briefed Green on the intentions. Do you not see that all the clubs announced their "no to newco" after the 3 authorities had a six hour meeting to thrash this out. All SPL clubs were briefed on the intention that there was no way Rangers would be out the league for more than a year.

Petrie's stance on sporting integrity was for our benefit to try and get you to part with your season ticket money, nothing else.

I think you're spot on with this Spike. :top marks

Mark79
04-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Spl vote has taken place with a no verdict.

SteveHFC
04-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Yas!

Chuck Rhoades
04-07-2012, 01:19 PM
BREAKING NEWS SPL clubs vote overwhelmingly to reject Rangers' newco application to join the top flight.

silverhibee
What happened in Argentina: River Plate were relegated, the president of the Argentine FA suggested merging the top 2 divisions to create a 38 team league(!), the fans of other clubs marched on the AFA's hq, the proposal was dropped.

Maybe it's time we thought about heading to Hampdump?

Lets hijack the next meeting at Hampden, threaten and bribe them as they go in, demand all there names, even though we already no them, :wink:.

We just can't sit about complaining on MBs, action has to be taken at the steps of the Gotti Family door.

We cannot sit back and let this happen, even though it is, :rolleyes:

Time to :protest:

Saorsa
Now watch doncaster and his cronies turn the heat up on the SFL clubs. Hopefully they will tell them where tae go and vote for them tae enter div 3.

Then we'll see how much wind and pish SPL 2 is and what real will there is from the authorities tae reorganise the structure of the whole game efter they havnae gotten their ain way over newcohuns.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Welldone SPL, now its up to the SFL.

The people at the top can't do anything if everybody just keeps saying "NO".

They can't get Rangers into the SPL
They won't get them into the 1st division
They won't be making any league reconstructions

Everybody just needs to keep saying "NO".

PatHead
04-07-2012, 01:23 PM

Rubbish. Petrie started his sporting integrity long before any 3 party meeting. I don't agree with everything that he does but in this instance I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. Who else was at the meeting between Green and RP and briefed the press? Personally I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of either Green or the press who have put their spin on everything.

I do however want RP/Hibs to put out a statement letting us know if they are in favour of the SFL1 fudge.

TrinityHibs
04-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Its taken some time but the tax case boy was right:aok:

silverhibee
04-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Yip a complete mess, and if honest i dont blame Rangers in this. Its obvious they want to play at the highest level, but the laws are there, they just needed applied. Its the lies and deceit thats turned me away, and others i'd imagine too.

The authorities have the chance to restructure the whole game, but only want to restructure it for the benefit of 2 teams.

Personally i think they have pissed of so many non Rangers fans, they will be lost forever, and if they are allowed to get their way and put Rangers in Div 1, even more will be lost. Christ if they put them back in the SPL, we'd as well let them have 2 stands, as i think we will lose a lot of our support, along with every other club?

As i have said a few times now, who really cares anymore?

Should have been done and dusted by now, it is just becoming boring now.

And really at the end of the day you know deep down what will be the outcome of this saga will be BH. :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
04-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Rubbish. Petrie started his sporting integrity long before any 3 party meeting. I don't agree with everything that he does but in this instance I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. Who else was at the meeting between Green and RP and briefed the press? Personally I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of either Green or the press who have put their spin on everything.

I do however want RP/Hibs to put out a statement letting us know if they are in favour of the SFL1 fudge.

Let's wait and see Pat. He was given the oppurtunity to discuss the div 1 fudge and he reissued the previous statement stating no to the SPL. Then passed all pressure to SFL but with Doncastrer's threats ringing in their ears. Whether you can bring yourself to believe it or not Doncaster is acting on behalf of the Clubs and there has been no dissenting voices to a div 1 entry from the SPL except Milne.

I truly hope you are right but like you I need to hear from our Chairman to what exactly his part is in this div1 stitch up.

PatHead
Hope they reveal who voted for and against. In the words of Fat Ally "We have a right to know"

EuanH78
Surely now, we can make a change to the SPL voting structure and Doncaster's position must be untenable now. Get rid of this clown ASAP. Telling all and sundry the vote would be deferred to bully the SFL clubs.

GIRUY Fud.

Andy74

It's nothing to do with Hibs now though, they have held their end of the bargain by not allowing them in the SPL. I wouldn't expect them to make any more statements on what happens now.

I must admit I'm none the wiser about any of the plans presented to the SFL and who by but all the evidence is that Hibs have done what they said they would do on this one.

StevieC
04-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Now watch doncaster and his cronies turn the heat up on the SFL clubs. Hopefully they will tell them where tae go and vote for them tae enter div 3.

Division 3???
After that statement from Clyde I hope the SFL tell them to bolt and they spend a season in the wilderness!

allyhibee
04-07-2012, 01:30 PM
:thumbsup: Pleased we got the No vote, hopefully SFL clubs also say no now. So relieved, after Doncaster spouting off his nonsense I feared the worst for today.

SuperTortolano
04-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Not that it matters but will we ever know who voted No - did the ticks vote no -or do they need to boycott tick park??

green glory
04-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Kudos to the 'tache. Well done Rodders.

Saorsa
04-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Division 3???
After that statement from Clyde I hope the SFL tell them to bolt and they spend a season in the wilderness!I should have said at best :wink:

PatHead
04-07-2012, 01:33 PM
It's nothing to do with Hibs now though, they have held their end of the bargain by not allowing them in the SPL. I wouldn't expect them to make any more statements on what happens now.

I must admit I'm none the wiser about any of the plans presented to the SFL and who by but all the evidence is that Hibs have done what they said they would do on this one.

It will still have something to do with Hibs if they are involved in the bribing/bullying of SFL clubs.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Should have been done and dusted by now, it is just becoming boring now.

And really at the end of the day you know deep down what will be the outcome of this saga will be BH. :rolleyes:

I was beginning to think they'd actually get back in the SPL, thats how corrupt i think this has become.

I'm thinking now the SFL clubs have been bullied by Doncaster, and that can go either way? Do they cave in, and vote them in Div 1? Or do they say **** you, we wont be bullied, and apply the rules as they should?

To be honest, i dont know which way this will go?

Jones28
04-07-2012, 01:34 PM

Hibs will do the right thing and say nothing, that it's a division 1 issue and they have no opinion as it does not concern them. Then it will say sporting integrity is relevant in all Scottish leagues and by rights it shouldn't happen ... or something :greengrin

I don't buy into Petrie being behind getting Rangers into the SFL1. He is obviously going to have an input though, as he plays a major role in the SFL. If he is involved and bends over backwards to get them in I will eat my words.

Spike Mandela
04-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Not that it matters but will we ever know who voted No - did the ticks vote no -or do they need to boycott tick park??

Unless Super Ally demands to know.:wink:

gramskiwood
04-07-2012, 01:36 PM
According to Jockybhoy on RTC SSN say Green voted NO and vote was unanamous.

StevieC
04-07-2012, 01:37 PM
It's nothing to do with Hibs now though

Yes it has. After that disgrace at yesterday's SFL meeting every SPL club, that doesn't speak up, is as guilty as Doncaster. He is the representative of the SPL and as such is answerable to every SPL club. If the clubs allow the threats and blackmailing that went on yesterday to pass without comment then you can only assume that they are 100% backing everything that Doncaster threatened!

Saorsa
04-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Yes it has. After that disgrace at yesterday's SFL meeting every SPL club, that doesn't speak up, is as guilty as Doncaster. He is the representative of the SPL and as such is answerable to every SPL club. If the clubs allow the threats and blackmailing that went on yesterday to pass without comment then you can only assume that they are 100% backing everything that Doncaster threatened!:top marks

PatHead
04-07-2012, 01:38 PM

It does matter. We need to know who carried out their fans wishes and had integrity. We need to know who our friends and enemies are. Finally, if it was Celtic who backed Rangers they will be more financially disadvantaged than everyone else put together. Their fans will boycott their own team. Add the loss of revenue through sponsorship deals which were combined and we might actually have a more level SPL.

Whatever happens Doncaster must resign.

gramskiwood
04-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Yes it has. After that disgrace at yesterday's SFL meeting every SPL club, that doesn't speak up, is as guilty as Doncaster. He is the representative of the SPL and as such is answerable to every SPL club. If the clubs allow the threats and blackmailing that went on yesterday to pass without comment then you can only assume that they are 100% backing everything that Doncaster threatened!

Spot on. :thumbsup:

Saorsa
04-07-2012, 01:40 PM
It does matter. We need to know who carried out their fans wishes and had integrity. We need to know who our friends and enemies are. Finally, if it was Celtic who backed Rangers they will be more financially disadvantaged than everyone else put together. Their fans will boycott their own team. Add the loss of revenue through sponsorship deals which were combined and we might actually have a more level SPL.

Whatever happens Doncaster must resign.that word should never be used again by anybody involved in this farce.

Andy74
It will still have something to do with Hibs if they are involved in the bribing/bullying of SFL clubs.

After what we have said and done do you really believe we would have anyhting to do with it? We are one of the clubs that doesn't need Rangers in any way and we have been very clear on the sporting integrity piece.

Hibs more than anyone have suffered by living within our means and been ridiculed for it.

I'm, not really getting why we would be involved in caring one way or another about them being in SFL 3 or SFL 1.

Onion
If these corrupt ****s get away with this then EVERY single fan that is opposed to this should impliment a blanket boycott of all things SFA, going to the national team games, buying merchandise, etc etc... withdraw support to the SFA and our governing bodies at every level possible!!!

No point in boycotting Hibs games as our club have been against this from the off, it's the folk in power, SFA, SPL etc that need to feel the wrath!!

I was with you right up to that last point. The problem is... if football as game is corrupt and fair play and rules no longer apply, then there is simply no point in watching or supporting Hibs. Every ref decision, every player signing, every ball kicked in anger, every goal scored, every result is simply a sham. We all decide as individuals what to do with our hard earned cash, but handing it over to a bent club and league and paying the wages of people like Doncaster is not high on my list. There are hundreds of better things I can think of to do with £400 a year !

Spike Mandela
04-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Skyscot say it was 10 against, 1 for (Green), 1 abstension.

Skyscot is James Matthews.

Andy74
04-07-2012, 01:44 PM

With the joint sponsorships and the Old Firm itself being a money spinner I'd have my money on Celtic abstaining.

GreenCastle
04-07-2012, 01:47 PM
No well done from me for the vote - it was common sense that has prevailed and if they had delayed it then it would have been madness.

Supposedly it was 10 no's - so one team either didn't vote or said yes - I think it could be Celtic :rolleyes:

What happens next is even more crucial - SFL vote and what happens to this Newco. Add to that - the changes to the SPL voting system and all the legal battles Rangers find themselves in.

SneakersO'Toole
04-07-2012, 01:49 PM
1439:
The 30 SFL clubs are due to meet on 12 July to discuss a Scottish FA proposal that would result in a Rangers newco playing in the First Division next season. Tuesday's meeting at Hampden adjourned with no decisions made, although a vote is expected next time.

Partick Thistle Thistle are the 10th SFL club to voice opposition to a newco in Division One, following announcements from Falkirk, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Morton, Livingston, East Fife, Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Peterhead and Clyde.
1436:
BREAKING NEWS
SFL chief executive David Longmuir has told BBC Scotland that a decision will have to be taken over who replaces Rangers in the SPL. "The SPL will have to create an invite for a replacement," he said.

The SFL board will meet tomorrow ahead of full meeting of clubs next week to decide if the Rangers Newco will be allowed into the Scottish League set up.

s.a.m
04-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Val McDermid‏@valmcdermidIf Rangers (or Celtic) had been relegated in normal run of things, would that have been 'the end of Scottish football as we know it'?
Val McDermid‏@valmcdermid
Or is it that Rangers & Celtic have a divine right to remain in the SPL?

Scottish crime literati (literatus?) getting in on the act.....

Caversham Green
04-07-2012, 01:51 PM

Hmmm. Green shouldn't have a vote as he is not the holder of a share. Duff & Phelps should have been representing that share and ethically (:rolleyes: I know) they should have abstained, because the vote is outside their remit and competence - they have no further part to play in Scottish football. Could they be the abstention and Celtc/Killie the yes vote? :dunno:

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 01:52 PM
1439:
The 30 SFL clubs are due to meet on 12 July to discuss a Scottish FA proposal that would result in a Rangers newco playing in the First Division next season. Tuesday's meeting at Hampden adjourned with no decisions made, although a vote is expected next time.

Partick Thistle Thistle are the 10th SFL club to voice opposition to a newco in Division One, following announcements from Falkirk, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Morton, Livingston, East Fife, Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Peterhead and Clyde.
1436:
BREAKING NEWS
SFL chief executive David Longmuir has told BBC Scotland that a decision will have to be taken over who replaces Rangers in the SPL. "The SPL will have to create an invite for a replacement," he said.

The SFL board will meet tomorrow ahead of full meeting of clubs next week to decide if the Rangers Newco will be allowed into the Scottish League set up.

It should be Dunfermline that keep their place in the SPL. If Rangers had gone bust during the season, Dunfermline wouldn't have been relegated in the first place. It's common sense.

Steve20
04-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I hope it's Dundee that come up, but I expect that Dunfermline will keep their place.

JeMeSouviens
04-07-2012, 01:55 PM
After what we have said and done do you really believe we would have anyhting to do with it? We are one of the clubs that doesn't need Rangers in any way and we have been very clear on the sporting integrity piece.

Hibs more than anyone have suffered by living within our means and been ridiculed for it.

I'm, not really getting why we would be involved in caring one way or another about them being in SFL 3 or SFL 1.

Out of respect for the SFL we should say:

It's up to you to decide on any application from New Huns but Hibs will not support either the withholding of the annual settlement fee rightly due to the SFL or any attempt to form an SPL2 unless that is democratically agreed by both the SPL and SFL.

poolman
04-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Hmmm. Green shouldn't have a vote as he is not the holder of a share. Duff & Phelps should have been representing that share and ethically (:rolleyes: I know) they should have abstained, because the vote is outside their remit and competence - they have no further part to play in Scottish football. Could they be the abstention and Celtc/Killie the yes vote? :dunno:

It will defo come out who was the yes vote and who abstained :agree:

Sergio sledge
04-07-2012, 01:57 PM

Why did Green vote? Was it not the oldco that had the vote, so it should have been Duff and Duffer....

JeMeSouviens
04-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Why did Green vote? Was it not the oldco that had the vote, so it should have been Duff and Duffer....

Seemingly D&D could give a proxy vote to Green.

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 02:00 PM

I am guessing that it's just assumption that Green was there on behalf of Rangers. Like you, I say that it should have been D&P. However, perhaps they allowed him to attend as their nominee.... so he could keep an eye on things. :rolleyes:

Aldo
04-07-2012, 02:01 PM
No to Newco in SPL... At the mo 10 SFL clubs have said they would vote no but will the rest.

The thought of filling your ground against them might get a few yes votes but what happens when the majority vote No and Doncaster says the will move to Div 1 or 3 regardless of vote.

Will the NO voting clubs boycott the fixture???

I hope they all vote No that way there is no way back. As for the abstainers I have a funny feeling it might be either Smellic or Killie. As for teams that rely that much on telly revenue.... More fool you??

Doncaster for me can GTF. Not got a clue

Caversham Green
04-07-2012, 02:03 PM
It should be Dunfermline that keep their place in the SPL. If Rangers had gone bust during the season, Dunfermline wouldn't have been relegated in the first place. It's common sense.

On a strict reading of the rules Dunfermline are not eligible to play in the SPL having finished in last place last season, so Dundee look like favourites to me.

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 02:05 PM
No to Newco in SPL... At the mo 10 SFL clubs have said they would vote no but will the rest.

The thought of filling your ground against them might get a few yes votes but what happens when the majority vote No and Doncaster says the will move to Div 1 or 3 regardless of vote.

I hope they all vote No that way there is no way back. As for the abstainers I have a funny feeling it might be either Smellic or Killie. As for teams that rely that much on telly revenue.... More fool you??

Given that Doncaster is the Chief Exec. of the SPL, he doesn't have the power to order this.

SJNB Hibby
04-07-2012, 02:06 PM
We keep hearing about a majority in the SFL of 16-14, but surely with Dundee/PARS moving up, and Rangers(Surely to God) not having a vote, it only needs to be 15-14. 10 already said no so only 5 more?

JeMeSouviens
04-07-2012, 02:07 PM

If they go to Div3 the likelihood is all 3 divisions will get visits from the charming New Huns. Div1 and the lower 2 divisions miss out.

Caversham Green
04-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Seemingly D&D could give a proxy vote to Green.

A proxy has to vote the way he is instructed by his principle and D&P should have instructed him to abstain

and

I am guessing that it's just assumption that Green was there on behalf of Rangers. Like you, I say that it should have been D&P. However, perhaps they allowed him to attend as their nominee.... so he could keep an eye on things. :rolleyes:

A nominee can make his own decision about which way to vote but he must act in the best interests of the nominator - again, it should be an abstention.

It's all a bit academic anyway, but interesting to those of a pedantic bent.

Aldo
04-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Given that Doncaster is the Chief Exec. of the SPL, he doesn't have the power to order this.

I realise that matey but it's the Scottish fitba hierarchy and they seem to do what they want at the mo.

I am sure there will be more twists and turns before its resolved. Let's bring the SFL meeting forward, get them to vote and that will be that..

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 02:09 PM
We keep hearing about a majority in the SFL of 16-14, but surely with Dundee/PARS moving up, and Rangers(Surely to God) not having a vote, it only needs to be 15-14. 10 already said no so only 5 more?

It's always been about the 29 for me. :agree:

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 02:10 PM
A proxy has to vote the way he is instructed by his principle and D&P should have instructed him to abstain

and

A nominee can make his own decision about which way to vote but he must act in the best interests of the nominator - again, it should be an abstention.

It's all a bit academic anyway, but interesting to those of a pedantic bent.

You calling me bent?

hibs0666
Traynor: Rangers will be in the SPL (http://soundcloud.com/celticresearch/traynor-rangers-will-be-in-1/s-7e1Co)

:na na:

Brando7

As far I can could understand, Green was not allowed a vote as it was oldco Rangers that was to vote so that should have been D&P...no?

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 02:11 PM
On a strict reading of the rules Dunfermline are not eligible to play in the SPL having finished in last place last season, so Dundee look like favourites to me.

But that doesn't make sense.

That would mean that Dunfermlines fate is put down to the time that Rangers went bust.

If Rangers had gone bust during open season, then Dunfermline would still be in the SPL.

rcarter1
04-07-2012, 02:12 PM

What saved Aberdeen when they finished bottom?

Aldo
04-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Traynor: Rangers will be in the SPL (http://soundcloud.com/celticresearch/traynor-rangers-will-be-in-1/s-7e1Co)

:na na:

If that's the case (and I very much doubt it) the Scottish Football is a lost cause (if it's not already). Cos basically if you are the Huns/Newco or Smellic you can do what the **** you like and nowt will happen to you.

The man Traynor is a ****ing clown

Seveno
04-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Well that's my faith in Scottish football restored : Part One.

Part Two comes on the 12th July when I fully expect the SFL clubs to politely suggest to Sevco that they apply to join Div 3 when their application will be duly considered. I then expect Sevco to go into Adminstration.

Meanwhile, with no evidence to show that RP has done anything wrong, and having led the sporting integrity movement in the SPL, let's lay off him.

JimBHibees
Out of respect for the SFL we should say:

It's up to you to decide on any application from New Huns but Hibs will not support either the withholding of the annual settlement fee rightly due to the SFL or any attempt to form an SPL2 unless that is democratically agreed by both the SPL and SFL.

Conmpletely right giving that Doncaster and Regan seemed to have threatened the non-payment of the settlement fee to the SFL clubs.

LancashireHibby
Glad that's the first hurdle out of the way. Hopefully the SFL clubs will now vote against them going straight in to SFL1. After all, I'm sure all the teams in SFL2 and SFL3 would fancy a payday as well which should be reason enough to refuse the parachute in to SFL1, even before you get to the fact that they're leapfrogging a couple of promotions etc.

Dashing Bob S
04-07-2012, 02:20 PM
We really need the SFL to say 'no' to Huns now, not just to Div 3, but to state that they need to be properly constituted, financed and accredited, before any application can even be considered. There is so much of an ongoing mess in the form the police investigations into the oldco, (which might have ramifications for the newco) the status of Green's backers, and the status of Ranger's players contracts, which he himself is contesting, to make any sane party call a halt before admitting them into any league.

Congratulations to Doncaster and his fellow clowns who purport to run football. You've shown yourselves to be corrupt, bullying liars - and massively incompetent, utterly sad and pathetic into the bargain. You aren't fit to attend a Scottish football match, let alone administer the game. If you are going to alienate every single follower of the domestic game, at least have the savvy to get your own way. The fact you couldn't even do that by resulting to every sort of shenanigans known to man, underlines what a completely worthless bunch of p-r-i-c-k-s you are. Do us all a favour now and f-u-c-k off.

JimBHibees
04-07-2012, 02:20 PM

Brockville Park I think.

JimBHibees
04-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Glad that's the first hurdle out of the way. Hopefully the SFL clubs will now vote against them going straight in to SFL1. After all, I'm sure all the teams in SFL2 and SFL3 would fancy a payday as well which should be reason enough to refuse the parachute in to SFL1, even before you get to the fact that they're leapfrogging a couple of promotions etc.

And also meaning one fewer team getting promotion from these leagues if Rangers were playing in it.

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 02:25 PM

Part Two comes on the 12th July when I fully expect the SFL clubs to politely suggest to Sevco that they apply to join Div 3 when their application will be duly considered. I then expect Sevco to go into Adminstration.

Meanwhile, with no evidence to show that RP has done anything wrong, and having led the sporting integrity movement in the SPL, let's lay off him.

I'm with you on that, but do you expect that to happen? :greengrin

BoltonHibee
04-07-2012, 02:25 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7868304/SPL-vote-against-Gers-newco

Vote done and dusted

Gingertosser
04-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Thats the fist corner of the coffin nailed down.

Now to see whether they go ahead and start up SPL2 :rolleyes:

This might be pushed thro' before the SFL have their vote, still too early to celebrate :cb

PatHead
04-07-2012, 02:36 PM
The planets are obviously perfectly aligned.

HMRC take Rangers down.!

Their loyal Majesty is in Glasgow celebrating her jubilee on the day they get kicked out of SPL!

SFL vote takes place on July 12th!

Party, party time :thumbsup:

R'Albin
04-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Brian Mclaughlin on Twatter saying it was Celtic who abstained.

California-Hibs
04-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Need as many many to back Hibs and buy season tickets as possible now. the SPL chairman stood firm and they have been kicked out the league. What happens in regards to if they are placed in Division 1 or 3 if outwith Hibs and the SPL's power.

It's over to the SFL now to do the right thing and stand firm and put football integrity before financial gain and make sure they are placed in Division 3. Either way the slowest flith of them all WILL NOT be singing their guff in SPL stadium's this coming season! :thumbsup:

Time to back Hibs and push our club forward and take advantage of a wonderful chance we have in the coming season for a high place finish!

SneakersO'Toole
04-07-2012, 02:39 PM

Confirmed what many thought anyway that they are a bunch of spineless hyprocrits, only interested in continuing to make millions from the little bigot market they've created with RFC over the years.

plhibs
04-07-2012, 02:40 PM
What worries me is that the whole collapse of the SPL/SFL may be being engineered with the aim of getting Rangers and Celtic a ticket elsewhere.

I've thought that from the very start of this scam, this is why Celtic are saying nothing. They would gladly move elsewhere and dump their O.F. partner as well.

ginger_rice
04-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Time for all true football supporters to email their MPs, let's get our voices heard at Westminster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-18706453

EuanH78
04-07-2012, 02:42 PM

Not surprising in the least. Wonder if their own fans will boycot them?

Two cheeks of the same arse.

hibs0666
04-07-2012, 02:43 PM

I haven't seen him make that comment. :confused:

Saorsa
04-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Need as many many to back Hibs and buy season tickets as possible now. the SPL chairman stood firm and they have been kicked out the league. What happens in regards to if they are placed in Division 1 or 3 if outwith Hibs and the SPL's power.

It's over to the SFL now to do the right thing and stand firm and put football integrity before financial gain and make sure they are placed in Division 3. Either way the slowest flith of them all WILL NOT be singing their guff in SPL stadium's this coming season! :thumbsup:

Time to back Hibs and push our club forward and take advantage of a wonderful chance we have in the coming season for a high place finish!

:agree:Not if the decision is based on the SPL's bribes and threats which were a disgrace. If newco huns are in SFL 1 and teams are receiving money from the SPL because of that then it's still a pile of *****. There's naebody in the SPl comes out of this smelling of anything other than ***** as far as I'm concerned. Doing the right thing because you're forced in tae it and threatening or blackmailing others at the same time isnae the same as doing the right thing because you should. If they're no in the 3rd division at best then todays decision will make nae difference tae me.

MB62
04-07-2012, 02:45 PM
We really need the SFL to say 'no' to Huns now, not just to Div 3, but to state that they need to be properly constituted, financed and accredited, before any application can even be considered. There is so much of an ongoing mess in the form the police investigations into the oldco, (which might have ramifications for the newco) the status of Green's backers, and the status of Ranger's players contracts, which he himself is contesting, to make any sane party call a halt before admitting them into any league.

Congratulations to Doncaster and his fellow clowns who purport to run football. You've shown yourselves to be corrupt, bullying liars - and massively incompetent, utterly sad and pathetic into the bargain. You aren't fit to attend a Scottish football match, let alone administer the game. If you are going to alienate every single follower of the domestic game, at least have the savvy to get your own way. The fact you couldn't even do that by resulting to every sort of shenanigans known to man, underlines what a completely worthless bunch of p-r-i-c-k-s you are. Do us all a favour now and f-u-c-k off.

Other poster have mentioned something similar to this but there is a problem here (not for me there's not).
Newco need three years of audited accounts before they can apply, which they have obviously not got.
With either Dundee or Dunfy moving back to the SPL, this leaves the SFL a club short.
Does this mean the SFL play a club short until newco get 3 years of audited accounts then invite them to apply, or do they ask for invitations now from e.g. Spartans?
If Spartans or whoever get in, that means there is no longer any vacancies so newco can have as many years audited accounts as they want, there will be no future vacancy available for them to apply for.

R'Albin
04-07-2012, 02:46 PM
It was my Grandpa who told me Hibs0666, not able to view it myself atm.

Andy74
04-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Not surprising in the least. Wonder if their own fans will boycot them?

Two cheeks of the same arse.

Yep, said all along that their commercial interests would mean there was no way they could be seen to vote no.

I presume their fans will be working on their economic sanctions as we speak. Funny they were the group of fans to come out with this and it was probbaly their own club who didn't vote to say no.

degenerated
04-07-2012, 02:49 PM
I haven't seen him make that comment. :confused:

Celtc voted no it was killie who abstained.

Saorsa
04-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Celtc voted no it was killie who abstained.Wouldnae surprise me if it was that *****house that did. Still he's the only one of the shysters that was honest through the whole thing making it clear that money and greed were mair important.

Seveno
Open letter to Neil Doncaster :

Dear Neil

It has become apparent over the last two weeks that you believe that Scottish football is about show business rather than a sporting competition.

If this is indeed the case, can I suggest that you resign and allow Simon Cowell to take your place. The SPL can be changed to 'The Hun Factor' with relegation being scrapped in place of a telephone vote. With their legions of fans, this will ensure that neither Old Firm club is ever relegated and the money generated by the phone calls will bring a significant new revenue stream for them to share.

It will, of course, do nothing to improve the quality of football but think of the money !

Kind regards

A fan

marinello59
Other poster have mentioned something similar to this but there is a problem here (not for me there's not).
Newco need three years of audited accounts before they can apply, which they have obviously not got.
With either Dundee or Dunfy moving back to the SPL, this leaves the SFL a club short.
Does this mean the SFL play a club short until newco get 3 years of audited accounts then invite them to apply, or do they ask for invitations now from e.g. Spartans?
If Spartans or whoever get in, that means there is no longer any vacancies so newco can have as many years audited accounts as they want, there is no vacancy available for them to apply for.

Is this really the case? It's been said on here a lot but that doesn't make it true. Part of the Clyde statement mentioned that there is nothing in the rules to stop a new club entering SFL1, 2 or 3 despite it being set in stone on here that they have to start at the bottom.

poolman
04-07-2012, 02:53 PM

:agree: Too many folks here already had him hung drawn and quartered before any facts have come out, and, still to do so

JohnStephens91
04-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Time for all true football supporters to email their MPs, let's get our voices heard at Westminster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-18706453

I am arranging a meeting with my MP, he is a Yam but I reckon in this case we will be able to find some common ground and hopefully have a good discussion about our concerns.

Sergio sledge
04-07-2012, 02:55 PM
On the SPL threats, is there any chance of setting up an SPL 2 for next season given that there are only 4.5 weeks till the start of the season? Could SFL 1 clubs resign from the SFL and join an SPL 2 this season or is there a notice period?

IMHO, there is no chance of an SPL 2 happening this season, so the SFL clubs should just call the SPL's bluff and put the newco into SFL 3 next season.

MacBean
04-07-2012, 02:55 PM
In all seriousness do we not thinking waiting another 8 days to completely decide the fate of the Newco is rather a long time.

In the event that they are not allowed into Div1, how long will it take for Newco to apply for Div3, and then how long for them to vote if they are to be allowed into Div3? By the time all this is through the next season will be upon us. Surely it cannot be the quickest of processes to get a new team into a league?

Also when are we likely to hear who are "Club 12"?

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Thats the fist corner of the coffin nailed down.

Now to see whether they go ahead and start up SPL2 :rolleyes:

This might be pushed thro' before the SFL have their vote, still too early to celebrate :cb

How could they possibly push SPL2 through if nobody votes for the changes? :confused:

Thats something I don't quite understand.

Brooster
04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm hearing it was Killie who abstained. May be wrong but thats what Ive heard.

marinello59
04-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Not if the decision is based on the SPL's bribes and threats which were a disgrace. If newco huns are in SFL 1 and teams are receiving money from the SPL because of that then it's still a pile of *****. There's naebody in the SPl comes out of this smelling of anything other than ***** as far as I'm concerned. Doing the right thing because you're forced in tae it and threatening or blackmailing others at the same time isnae the same as doing the right thing because you should. If they're no in the 3rd division at best then todays decision will make nae difference tae me.

Do you know the full facts regarding Rod Petries position then? I only know that he has now done exactly what he said he would do all along, long before the mob started gathering a head of steam. The SPL interference into SFL affairs appears to be a commitee decision and we don't know Petrie's take on that yet. Based on what we know so far, our club has done the right thing for the right reasons.

Caversham Green
04-07-2012, 02:59 PM
You calling me bent?

Actually, no. I was being pedantic, so I guess I was calling myself bent. But that's a bit pedantic.....

But that doesn't make sense.

That would mean that Dunfermlines fate is put down to the time that Rangers went bust.

If Rangers had gone bust during open season, then Dunfermline would still be in the SPL.

That's right because all of Rangers results would have been exhunged and they would have finished bottom instead of Dunfy. Didnae happen though.

I don't know, I'm just going on what the rules say: "the Club finishing in last place in the League in the immediately preceding Season shall not be eligible to participate in the League". It gives Dundee a strong legal argument if they want to use it.

Seveno
How could they possibly push SPL2 through if nobody votes for the changes? :confused:

Thats something I don't quite understand.

They can't without the agreement of the top 12 clubs in SFL 1. I don't think any SFL clubs will break ranks though.

Billy Whizz

Someone said to me that it was Ross County as they are the new kids on the block

s.a.m
04-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Rebecca Gray‏@Rebecca__GraySPL vote on #Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23Rangers) newco entry to SPL: 10 teams voted no. One team - #Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23Rangers) - voted yes and Kilmarnock abstained

A number of other tweets saying the same thing.

marinello59
04-07-2012, 03:02 PM

That sounds the most likely to me. Celtic had nothing to lose by backing a decision which was already inevitable. Killie don't want to face a boycott from either of the Old Firm so sitting on the fence was probably their only option.

Hibercelona
The planets are obviously perfectly aligned.

HMRC take Rangers down.!

Their loyal Majesty is in Glasgow celebrating her jubilee on the day they get kicked out of SPL!

SFL vote takes place on July 12th!

Party, party time :thumbsup:

Its funny that you say this.

Our solar system will soon be aligned with the galactic centre, a very rare occurance.

Their could be something to it all. :wink:

Brooster
Someone said to me that it was Ross County as they are the new kids on the block

Quite possibly mate. A Killie fan just txt me from Egypt to say it was Killie, he's probably half canned on the all inclusive Don Revie.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 03:05 PM
They can't without the agreement of the top 12 clubs in SFL 1. I don't think any SFL clubs will break ranks though.

If thats the case, then how on earth can they threaten the SFL with these changes (for not letting newco in) if its the SFL that controls if these changes take place or not in the first place?

It just doesn't seem to add up.

Billy Whizz
04-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Quite possibly mate. A Killie fan just txt me from Egypt to say it was Killie, he's probably half canned on the all inclusive Don Revie.

Lots of conflicting stories, but the main thing is they are OUT

Caversham Green
04-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Is this really the case? It's been said on here a lot but that doesn't make it true. Part of the Clyde statement mentioned that there is nothing in the rules to stop a new club entering SFL1, 2 or 3 despite it being set in stone on here that they have to start at the bottom.

I read the rules somewhere, but can't find them now. It's something like financial details for the last three years based on audited accounts but doesn't need the accounts themselves. I guess a newco could avoid the requirement by stating that their financial details were nil as they weren't in existence, and audited accounts would support this when they were available within the normal legal timeframe.

muzzhfc
04-07-2012, 03:14 PM
with rangers gone, we now need to instantly change the voting structure of the SPL. No more 11:1 ratio. Celtic can vote no, then the other 11 clubs can say yes to change. Then the SPL can move forward and make the drastic changes that are neccessary.

Sir David Gray
04-07-2012, 03:15 PM
That sounds the most likely to me. Celtic had nothing to lose by backing a decision which was already inevitable. Killie don't want to face a boycott from either of the Old Firm so sitting on the fence was probably their only option.

How could Rangers fans boycott Kilmarnock when they won't be going there for the foreseeable future? :confused:

Saorsa
04-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Do you know the full facts regarding Rod Petries position then? I only know that he has now done exactly what he said he would do all along, long before the mob started gathering a head of steam. The SPL interference into SFL affairs appears to be a commitee decision and we don't know Petrie's take on that yet. Based on what we know so far, our club has done the right thing for the right reasons.It disnae matter who's decision it was as far as I'm concerned, once it was known about anybody who thought it was wrong should have spoken out against there and then it if indeed they were against it. If they were not involved with the dirty dealings then those who said nothing at the very least gave it their tacit approval by saying nothing.

As I said earlier in another thread let's not forget about Petrie's involvement in the doncaster's and the OF's 10 team league farce which 98% of fans were against. He's nae stranger tae going against what the fans want tae push his own agenda so lets no be holding him up as an example some sort of protector of the good and righteous or the fans.

His time's been up for a long time as far as I'm concerned.

Peevemor
04-07-2012, 03:21 PM
with rangers gone, we now need to instantly change the voting structure of the SPL. No more 11:1 ratio. Celtic can vote no, then the other 11 clubs can say yes to change. Then the SPL can move forward and make the drastic changes that are neccessary.

DH1875
04-07-2012, 03:23 PM
With the joint sponsorships and the Old Firm itself being a money spinner I'd have my money on Celtic abstaining.

Celtic abstaining makes no sense what so ever :confused:. It's a given it was going to be a NO to the newco so even if they want them in, why risk peeing of their own fans. At this time they've nothing to gain from it.

Celtc voted no it was killie who abstained.

That's what I'm hearing. Wonder how they will feel when it's them next season and there's none of this calamity to safe them. I wont be back at Rugby park, that's for sure.

GreenCastle
04-07-2012, 03:23 PM
In all seriousness do we not thinking waiting another 8 days to completely decide the fate of the Newco is rather a long time.

In the event that they are not allowed into Div1, how long will it take for Newco to apply for Div3, and then how long for them to vote if they are to be allowed into Div3? By the time all this is through the next season will be upon us. Surely it cannot be the quickest of processes to get a new team into a league?

Also when are we likely to hear who are "Club 12"?

Agreed - surely a quicker vote is benefit to all to then move on

Andy74
04-07-2012, 03:24 PM
It disnae matter who's decision it was as far as I'm concerned, once it was known about anybody who thought it was wrong should have spoken out against there and then it if indeed they were against it. If they were not involved with the dirty dealings then those who said nothing at the very least gave it their tacit approval by saying nothing.

As I said earlier in another thread let's not forget about Petrie's involvement in the doncaster's and the OF's 10 team league farce which 98% of fans were against. He's nae stranger tae going against what the fans want tae push his own agenda so lets no be holding him up as an example some sort of protector of the good and righteous or the fans.

Seems a bit funny to be picking out the guy who has been 100% for the sporting integrity side of this from day 1 and has followed this up with his vote.

DH1875
04-07-2012, 03:26 PM
If thats the case, then how on earth can they threaten the SFL with these changes (for not letting newco in) if its the SFL that controls if these changes take place or not in the first place?

It just doesn't seem to add up.

Money. If they don't go for it, they can forget the million pound a season they get from the SPL.

calmac12000
04-07-2012, 03:27 PM
My feelings on the future of Donkey Doncaster are perhaps summed up by the words of one who for some reason remains a hero to many Rangers partisans:

* "YOU HAVE BEEN SAT TOO LONG HERE FOR ANY GOOD YOU HAVE BEEN DOING. DEPART, I SAY, AND LET US HAVE DONE WITH YOU. IN THE NAME OF GOD, GO!."

(Cromwell Addressing the Rump Parliament. April 1653)

Saorsa
04-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Seems a bit funny to be picking out the guy who has been 100% for the sporting integrity side of this from day 1 and has followed this up with his vote.So he voted no tae them being in the SPL, so did most others, does that mean any of them couldnae be party tae trying tae fudge them in tae SFL one? It's two different things. None of them have denied being part of it and it would be a bit late now. They all knew about it, none of them spoke against it, guilty by association.

Or was doncaster was just out there doing his own thing? If so why is he still in a job?

marinello59
04-07-2012, 03:32 PM
It disnae matter who's decision it was as far as I'm concerned, once it was known about anybody who thought it was wrong should have spoken out against there and then it if indeed they were against it. If they were not involved with the dirty dealings then those who said nothing at the very least gave it their tacit approval by saying nothing.

Don't go putting words in my mouth Given the facts we have then our club has acted exactly as they said they would so credit where credit is due. Until the full facts of the attempt to interfere in SFL business is known I will be holding fire.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Money. If they don't go for it, they can forget the million pound a season they get from the SPL.

I like to think that these clubs have far more dignity than that.

If they had any common sense, they would realize that the extra 1 million wouldn't benefit any of them, because they would all then be spending more, meaning none of them would actually gain any advantage out of it.

Thats why i've never understood the whole hype of injecting loads of cash into a league, because it doesn't give any of the clubs any clear advantage over the others.

Onion
04-07-2012, 03:34 PM
:agree: Too many folks here already had him hung drawn and quartered before any facts have come out, and, still to do so

Sadly, the behaviour of many senior figures (who should be trustworthy) has lead to the ordinary person assuming they are all crooked, scheming bully boys who pay lips service to the wishes of the common fan, natural justice and sporting integrity until their action prove otherwise. And for good reason. Petrie and all the others still have work to do before they will have finally done the right thing.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 03:35 PM
So he voted no tae them being in the SPL, so did most others, does that mean any of them couldnae be party tae trying tae fudge them in tae SFL one? It's two different things.

Doncaster was just out there doing his own thing was he? If so why is he still in a job?

You shouldn't just make the assuption that RP would have voted yes if more clubs voted yes.

He was the first to speak out against them and now he's voted "no" against them.

You can look at "but ifs" all you want, but the vote was "no".

Monts
04-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Dundee been advised that they will not have a vote on the newco to SFL due to a direct conflict of interest.

Looks like its definitely them coming up.

Lungo--Drom
04-07-2012, 03:40 PM
To the tune of Danny Boy:

# "Oh Michael Johnstone,
how polished are your trouser knees?
Will your team be gone soon,
is your team feelin' the same financial squeeze?"

Rebecca Gray‏@Rebecca__GraySPL vote on #Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23Rangers) newco entry to SPL: 10 teams voted no. One team - #Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23Rangers) - voted yes and Kilmarnock abstained

A number of other tweets saying the same thing.

green glory
04-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Dundee been advised that they will not have a vote on the newco to SFL due to a direct conflict of interest.

Looks like its definitely them coming up.

Source? Dunfy were preparing a legal challenge for this possibility.

Quite fancy Dens for a change this season. Better that that ****ty corner at Ibroke.

Seveno
04-07-2012, 03:42 PM

Yes, you have made that clear in every one of your posts. :yawn:

Saorsa
04-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Yes, you have made that clear in every one of your posts. :yawn:If my posts bore you, use the ignore function then. Other than that away 'n' bile yer heid

HFC 0-7
04-07-2012, 03:45 PM
I read the rules somewhere, but can't find them now. It's something like financial details for the last three years based on audited accounts but doesn't need the accounts themselves. I guess a newco could avoid the requirement by stating that their financial details were nil as they weren't in existence, and audited accounts would support this when they were available within the normal legal timeframe.

is it not that the UEFA license needs 3 years audited accounts and to play in the SPL you need an UEFA license?

Brando7
04-07-2012, 03:45 PM

Quite fancy Dens for a change this season. Better that that ****ty corner at Ibroke.

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news_detail.asp?h=DUNDEE-FOOTBALL-CLUB-STATEMENT&newsid=2383

Not being allowed to vote so i'm guessing Dunfermline not be allowed also until they confirm who is up

Seveno
04-07-2012, 03:46 PM
If my posts bore you, use the ignore function then. Other than that away 'n' bile yer heid

Away and choke on your cow pie. :na na:

Monts
04-07-2012, 03:49 PM

Dundee FC Statement
http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/home/news_detail.asp?newsid=2383

Monts
04-07-2012, 03:51 PM
http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news_detail.asp?h=DUNDEE-FOOTBALL-CLUB-STATEMENT&newsid=2383

Not being allowed to vote so i'm guessing Dunfermline not be allowed also until they confirm who is up

Doesnt seem like it as they say "We were the only team in Division 1 told this as no other Club was conflicted."

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 03:51 PM
is it not that the UEFA license needs 3 years audited accounts and to play in the SPL you need an UEFA license?

That's my understanding of it.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/PartTwo-NationalClubLicensing/8%20%20Legal%20Admin%20&%20Finance%20Criteria%20%282%29.pdf

For SFA entry, as I read it, it says "only" approved accounts. ie don't need to be audited. It looks like they are only needed for one year, which stuffs Sevco anyway.

Without SFA entry, that would disbar them from the SFL, no?

Monts
04-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Dundee FC Statement
http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/home/news_detail.asp?newsid=2383

Interesting they also say that there is a large penalty for abstaining in a vote like this, unless there are extraordinary circumstances.

Does this mean Killie could be punished for not voting?

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Interesting they also say that there is a large penalty for abstaining in a vote like this, unless there are extraordinary circumstances.

No. That was an SPL vote.

Mikeystewart
04-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know the official vote count, all I seem to see is overwhelming not unanimous.

Part/Time Supporter
Does anyone know the official vote count, all I seem to see is overwhelming not unanimous.

10-1, with Killie abstaining and the Huns voting for themselves.

Well done Rod on forcing through the vote today, as you said you would.

HFC 0-7

dont see why they are not allowed to vote because of a conflict of interest when rangers were just allowed to vote in whether they should be allowed into the SPL.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2012, 03:58 PM
dont see why they are not allowed to vote because of a conflict of interest when rangers were just allowed to vote in whether they should be allowed into the SPL.

s.a.m
04-07-2012, 04:02 PM
A Westminster committee is to hold an inquiry into the state of Scottish football. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-18706453)
Members of the media and sport committee at the House of Commons will begin taking evidence next week

from the BBC

GreenCastle
04-07-2012, 04:02 PM
So Killie will miss out on newco money next season and now probably have upset Celtic and other SPL clubs also.

If they had voted No then they would have upset newco but the rest of the SPL clubs would have still given them money.

Makes no sense to me :confused:

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 04:03 PM
A Westminster committee is to hold an inquiry into the state of Scottish football. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-18706453)
Members of the media and sport committee at the House of Commons will begin taking evidence next week

from the BBC

Good old BBC. Do they know Rangers aren't in liquidation? :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
04-07-2012, 04:05 PM

Yet another absurdity in this whole saga. Each time rules stretched or bent just that little bit in Rangers' favour but they still can't get a result.

To be fair to Green and Rangers after his statement outside Hampden today it isn't them putting pressure on clubs or SFL but the authorities are a different story.

Aldo
04-07-2012, 04:06 PM
So Killie will miss out on newco money next season and now probably have upset Celtic and other SPL clubs also.

If they had voted No then they would have upset newco but the rest of the SPL clubs would have still given them money.

Killie are skint ENDOF. They did and will open 3 stands to Smellic next year in order to get dosh. If theyve abstained then **** them too. Money grabbing whores.

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 04:10 PM

For me, there was only ever going to be 29 clubs voting; everyone in the SFL, except Dundee or Dunfermline. Makes sense to me, given that one of those two won't be playing in that league next season.

GreenCastle
04-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Killie are skint ENDOF. They did and will open 3 stands to Smellic next year in order to get dosh. If theyve abstained then **** them too. Money grabbing whores.

But my point is that - looks like they have shot themselves in the foot as now people know they didn't vote - which is pretty much saying we support Rangers. So they will have Celtic and other SPL clubs against them instead of newco only in the longer run - that could be up to 3 years time! :confused:

Lungo--Drom
04-07-2012, 04:12 PM
He cannae, ah ate it while he was busy typing a reply to you :D

Away and choke on your cow pie. :na na:

Gatecrasher
04-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Good old BBC. Do they know Rangers aren't in liquidation? :rolleyes:even so it will be very interesting to what the inquiry comes out with :agree:

Seveno
04-07-2012, 04:15 PM
He cannae, ah ate it while he was busy typing a reply to you :D

I'm reporting you to PC Murdoch.

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 04:16 PM
even so it will be very interesting to what the inquiry comes out with :agree:

Do you think Hibs.net will be called as expert witnesses? :greengrin

Lungo--Drom
04-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Good point, the only true vote for sporting integrity was a 'NO' vote and the Squirrels abstained so therefore didn't vote FOR sporting integrity. I hated going there anyway.

Gatecrasher
04-07-2012, 04:18 PM
They should definately be asking fans about their opinions.

Onion
04-07-2012, 04:19 PM
On the SPL threats, is there any chance of setting up an SPL 2 for next season given that there are only 4.5 weeks till the start of the season? Could SFL 1 clubs resign from the SFL and join an SPL 2 this season or is there a notice period?

IMHO, there is no chance of an SPL 2 happening this season, so the SFL clubs should just call the SPL's bluff and put the newco into SFL 3 next season.

The SPL knows there is not a cat in Hell's chance of getting a new league set up in 4 weeks - would struggle to sort out in a year ! Would need application process, selection process, new Articles, rules for play-offs etc etc . Hollow and ridiculous threat by Doncaster.

Lungo--Drom
04-07-2012, 04:20 PM
In all seriousness CWG it must ALL be on this thread, but it would take some searching to find anything! :) This thread would make as expert a witness as probably anyone who is actually called to testify. Who wants to represent this thread in Westminster?

kaimendhibs
04-07-2012, 04:23 PM
I used to enjoy my Killie pies but only place I will buy them now is Aldi.

Onion
04-07-2012, 04:26 PM

But Sevco were able to vote today ?

Monts
04-07-2012, 04:29 PM
But Sevco were able to vote today ?

It appears the rules for SPL and SFL are different.

Lungo--Drom
04-07-2012, 04:30 PM
http://m.skysports.com/article/football//7865945

Sky Sports understands...

...that surely it is now all over for Dungcaster and it is certainly no longer any of his goddamn business where the NewCo ends up? Unless the cretin was serious about his SPL2 threat? Let's hope not.

Brando7
04-07-2012, 04:36 PM

I very much agree with you as them voting are a conflict of interest is it not?

PatHead
04-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Latest count for Rangers to SFL1

Thistle are the 11th SFL club to voice opposition to a newco in Division One, following announcements from Falkirk, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Morton, Livingston, East Fife, Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Peterhead and Clyde.

Monts
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM

Thistle are the 11th SFL club to voice opposition to a newco in Division One, following announcements from Falkirk, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Morton, Livingston, East Fife, Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Peterhead and Clyde.

With Only 29 voters, that just leaves 4 more clubs...

Lets be 'avin you!

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 04:45 PM

It seems nobody likes them.

What a shock...

Hibby Kay-Yay
04-07-2012, 04:49 PM
With Only 29 voters, that just leaves 4 more clubs...

Lets be 'avin you!

Is the % required not 75% in favour of Newco being allowed in? And is the vote for SFL1 or any SFL division?

If they were to start in SFL3 then the structure would need to be altered, wouldn't it?

C'mon West of Scotland pub league

Paisley Hibby
04-07-2012, 04:50 PM

I'm going to be kind to Michael Johnston. I don't agree with him but at least he's been honest and consistent throughout. He could hardly vote Yes given reaction of Killie fans but voting No would have gone against what he thinks is the right thing to do.

Monts
04-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Is the % required not 75% in favour of Newco being allowed in? And is the vote for SFL1 or any SFL division?

If they were to start in SFL3 then the structure would need to be altered, wouldn't it?

I think it was established that it only required a >50% yes vote in order to pass it. This would be voted on by all SFL clubs.

No restructuring needed for going into SFL3 as they would simply be filling the vacant spot.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 04:53 PM

Nope. Every club would simply budge up a place. No reshaping would be required.

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 04:54 PM

Definitely 50%, as confirmed by Clyde's statement.

littleplum
04-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Have Airdrie not also said they were going to abstain? In that case will it only need 14 votes against or will there be a casting vote?

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 04:55 PM

Has anyone voiced their approval?

Monts
04-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Has anyone voiced their approval?

Cowdenbeath?

Or was that just based on assumptions?

CropleyWasGod
04-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Cowdenbeath?

Or was that just based on assumptions?

Shirley they have a conflict of interest. Their chairperson will be away doing other things on the 12th July, no? :rolleyes:

Monts
04-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Shirley they have a conflict of interest. Their chairperson will be away doing other things on the 12th July, no? :rolleyes:

Who knows!

cad
04-07-2012, 05:02 PM

Thats exacty what I was thinking ,thousands of fans are on the brink off walking away clarity on how their clubs voted ,would have been of great interest IMO ,sadly its the old mushroom situation tell them heehaw ,keep them in the dark and throw some ***** at them now and again

GreenCastle
04-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Finally Celtic say something :rolleyes:

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2760

Let's see how they react when they want to change the voting system within the SPL :agree:

Mon Dieu4
04-07-2012, 05:06 PM

Let's see how they react when they want to change the voting system within the SPL :agree:

That's big of them

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 05:06 PM

They were always going to open their gubs after it was over. Bunch of cowards.

Monts
04-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Today´s decision to refuse access into the SPL was an overwhelming one and demonstrates the depth of feeling amongst everyone involved in Scottish football.

Either Celtic have been living in cloud cuckoo land and didnt already know the feelings held, or they were hoping for something to change before they decided which way to vote.

IMO of course.

DarrenSQH
04-07-2012, 05:14 PM
They were always going to open their gubs after it was over. Bunch of cowards.

You know deep down they would have preferred rangers to still be in the spl.

Mon Dieu4
04-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Every time i go on a Rangers site i feel dirty, but I've just seen a tremendous thread asking if they will still be in the new FIFA13 computer game hahahahahahaha

Tynie01011973
04-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Anyone got link to Sportsound tonight ?

At The Edge
04-07-2012, 05:16 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17325775

Billy Whizz
04-07-2012, 05:16 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17325775

Jim Spence and Stuart Gosgrove just said that the Glasgow press are out of touch with the rst of Scotland

Saorsa
04-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Cowdenbeath?

Or was that just based on assumptions?the assumptions being based on this ****er being involved

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/ob.jpg

cabbageandribs1875
04-07-2012, 05:17 PM

if the 10 SPL clubs left don't grab this opportunity to get shot of that ridiculous voting system then, shame on them:agree:

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Every time i go on a Rangers site i feel dirty, but I've just seen a tremendous thread asking if they will still be in the new FIFA13 computer game hahahahahahaha

I don't know what FIFA can do about it, but in pro ev, they'll no doubt still be in the "other teams" section, with half a star. :wink:

Eaststand
04-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Apologies if this is covered somewhere else on the forum, but just for simplicity...

Now that the SPL clubs have quite rightly voted the cheating huns out of the SPL, when is the next vote to determine what league they will infect next season (Am I right in thinking it's now all the non SPL clubs who vote next ?)

I'm hoping some kind person who know's the facts will take the time to reply with the time and date of the next vote and also what majority is needed to hopefully put the huns into Division 3

GGTTH

ehf
04-07-2012, 05:19 PM
It seems nobody likes them.
What a shock...

They don't care, though :wink:

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 05:26 PM
They don't care, though :wink:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2f0856c.jpg

s.a.m
04-07-2012, 05:26 PM
BBC Sportsound pundit Jim Traynor"It's been a good day in the sense that a decision has been made. I can understant the SFL chairmen being a bit annoyed.
"The SFL will now have to sort it. In certain cases and blogs, they have put us (mainstream media) to shame.
"We're basically football reporters; we've lost specialists like a dedicated financial writer. Therefore, you will suffer."

Is this a sort of, just-a-wee-bit-of-a mea culpa?

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 05:31 PM
As I understand it, the next set of votes come from the DIV1 league only. (It looks like they're going to overwhelmingly vote "no") to let newco in their league.

Then the next set of votes will then go out to all the SFL clubs (1, 2 & 3) in an attempt to get into DIV3.

I "think" thats whats going on.

Off the bar
04-07-2012, 05:34 PM
I hate jim Traynor, the man is a moron

Eaststand
04-07-2012, 05:39 PM
As I understand it, the next set of votes come from the DIV1 league only. (It looks like they're going to overwhelmingly vote "no") to let newco in their league.

Then the next set of votes will then go out to all the SFL clubs (1, 2 & 3) in an attempt to get into DIV3.

I "think" thats whats going on.

Ta for that WH
So that means that the current Div 1 teams get a vote (except Dundee who say they'll not vote on this) .....but is it a simple majority for them to decide on whether they let the huns into that league.
Do you know what date the vote will be, cos I hope to celebrate them getting bombed down into Div 3

GGTTH

brydekirk
04-07-2012, 05:41 PM

Brill

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 05:42 PM
I hate jim Traynor, the man is a moron

Sounds like he's about to get decked for being a complete p***k. :agree:

ehf
04-07-2012, 05:44 PM
10-1, with Killie abstaining and the Huns voting for themselves.

Well done Rod on forcing through the vote today, as you said you would.

Petrie has played a blinder here. Wancaster may have been scaremongering but the reality is that the financial impact of this will cripple quite a few SPL clubs: Well, Killie, ICT, St M, St J and Hearts in particular, I would think. We are probably least affected/best-placed to survive any loss of revenue, so this gives us a real opportunity: 2nd place should be eminently within our grasp.

marinello59
04-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Some interesting stuff from Green. Sevco offered to withdraw their application to the SPL last week but a 'delegation' from the SPL told them they still had a chance of getting in. Bizarre.

Captain Trips
04-07-2012, 05:48 PM

Petrie has played a blinder here. Wancaster may have been scaremongering but the reality is that the financial impact of this will cripple quite a few SPL clubs: Well, Killie, ICT, St M, St J and Hearts in particular, I would think. We are probably least affected/best-placed to survive any loss of revenue, so this gives us a real opportunity: 2nd place should be eminently within our grasp.

I fear not, RPs blinder is overshadowed with the terrible state of affairs on park that he has been involved in. This situation was crying out for a strong Hibs to capitalise on he amongst others has left us not as strong as we should be.

EuanH78
04-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Some interesting stuff from Green. Sevco offered to withdraw their application to the SPL last week but a 'delegation' from the SPL told them they still had a chance of getting in. Bizarre.

A little curveball from his meeting with Petrie :tee hee:

Probably not, but just as likely as him blatantly lying to the Hibs support

Off the bar
04-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Sounds like he's about to get decked for being a complete p***k. :agree:

you mean a fat wheezing prick!

Matty_Jack04
04-07-2012, 05:58 PM
SFA refuse to pass on one players Registration to an English premier league club....

Still doing what they can for them eh

SMAXXA
04-07-2012, 05:58 PM
I fear not, RPs blinder is overshadowed with the terrible state of affairs on park that he has been involved in. This situation was crying out for a strong Hibs to capitalise on he amongst others has left us not as strong as we should be.

But who knows how strong we will be??!!

Onion
04-07-2012, 06:09 PM

Easy for them to say that now, given a Yes vote by them would have been completely meaningless. Wonder which way they would have gone, had the vote been in the balance :wink:

thefifer1959
04-07-2012, 06:10 PM
great news tonight the fraudsters are on the way out and into the third division. pity as they should have been booted out of Scottish football. who remembers when Rangers and Celtic wanted to go south and what they said at the time. "scottish football will survive without us" so whats changed there is green saying that Scottish football is dead if we go down..seems to me like have your cake and eat it too.

Keith_M
04-07-2012, 06:11 PM
If Killie are the one club that abstained, I don't think it's fair of supporters of other clubs to punish them by deciding to boycott Rugby Park.

In the end, the vote has gone the way we wanted. Whether the Killie chairman wanted Rangers to stay in the SPL is now irrelevant. The people that will be ultimately punished by applying financial pressure, basically out of spite, are the fans of that club, who are totally innocent in all of this.

All supporters of us 'Diddy Clubs' should now be doing our level best to show we can live without Rangers, by going to as many games as possible. I'd hate to think that pettiness, spite and small minded thinking ruins the opportunity we have to make something of our league with Rangers out of the picture.

frazeHFC
04-07-2012, 06:12 PM
How do you know it's the 3rd division? I hope it is though!

Brando7
04-07-2012, 06:16 PM
If all SPL clubs worried about money why don't they all start an Fan share issue to raise money?

steakbake
04-07-2012, 06:18 PM

This will be making an appearance on Kickback any time soon. Enjoy your moment of "fame".

ehf

Not disagreeing with that but the point is quite a few SPL clubs are going to get weaker and we still have have the opportunity to get stronger: we're starting with a fairly clean slate and it all depends on who we can bring in over the next few weeks.

Hibernia Na Eir
shame on Scotland if they allow the vermin in the back door in Div 3.
Let them suffer.
As their fans remind us all, no one likes them and they don't care. Well, nor do we.

thefifer1959
04-07-2012, 06:20 PM
How do you know it's the 3rd division? I hope it is though!

If its not the 3rd then i hope that livingston sue the arse from the SFA and SFL for putting them there when they had financial problems (and they didnt screw the books).

H18sry
04-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Spl clubs vote no, now they should be hounding that fanny Doncaster out his job.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/neil-doncaster-should-resign-from-his-post-in-the/

steakbake
04-07-2012, 06:23 PM

I actually think they are within their rights to release their statement now.

They've made the right choice, made the vote and explained the rationale once they've taken their action.

They didn't join the clamour of the rest of the clubs to lay their cards on the table, but they didn't really need to - none of them did - until the vote was taken.

ancient hibee
04-07-2012, 06:25 PM
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/neil-doncaster-should-resign-from-his-post-in-the/

That's a wonderful petition-it asks Doncaster to resign as Chairman of the SPL-which he isn't.

Bishop Hibee
04-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Not disagreeing with that but the point is quite a few SPL clubs are going to get weaker and we still have have the opportunity to get stronger: we're starting with a fairly clean slate and it all depends on who we can bring in over the next few weeks.

We need ALL our fans to step up to the plate and support the club like never before. Given the awfulness of last season its a big ask. Ultimately results on the field will determine how many fans turn out.

It is a great opportunity for all non-OF clubs to change Scottish football for the better.

dchibs
04-07-2012, 06:28 PM

Does that mean that Green will be trying to get both their votes,:cb

SouthamptonHibs
04-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Delighted with the result! But tut tut tut Kilmarnock should be ashamed with themselves tonight for not voting! They are likely to loose out big rime next year as alot of fans won't attend there games! They should have voted them out

steakbake
04-07-2012, 06:34 PM
That's a wonderful petition-it asks Doncaster to resign as Chairman of the SPL-which he isn't.

Excellent. Fk it though, he knows what people mean.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 06:35 PM
you mean a fat wheezing prick!

You forgot baldy.

lapsedhibee
04-07-2012, 06:46 PM
BBC Sportsound pundit Jim Traynor"It's been a good day in the sense that a decision has been made. I can understant the SFL chairmen being a bit annoyed.
"The SFL will now have to sort it. In certain cases and blogs, they have put us (mainstream media) to shame.
"We're basically football reporters; we've lost specialists like a dedicated financial writer. Therefore, you will suffer."

Pity he didn't realise this several months ago, and he could have kept his chubby fingers out of making financial predictions.
Utterly, utterly pathetic to start coming out with this sort of stuff when his game's essentially up. Craven, cowardly pwick who should be exphunged from the BBC's staff forthwith.

rcarter1
04-07-2012, 06:51 PM
We need ALL our fans to step up to the plate and support the club like never before. Given the awfulness of last season its a big ask. Ultimately results on the field will determine how many fans turn out.

It is a great opportunity for all non-OF clubs to change Scottish football for the better.

Totally agree! A great weight has been lifted now that we will be Rangers free for at least one season. :agree: I am a walk up fan, but am pencilling in the Derby, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock as a start. Wont be impressed if Rangers end up in Div 1, but as long as Petrie is not involved in supporting that, I reckon we make the most of the season. The rubber may be pulled out if he is part of the 'shadowy mandarins' of Scottish football however..

:flag:

James70
04-07-2012, 06:52 PM
An unlikely scenario I know but should all 3 SFL divisions turn down an application from the club formerly known as Rangers to join surely they will be well and truly stuffed?

They would soon have no players and nobody to play against.

marinello59
04-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Delighted with the result! But tut tut tut Kilmarnock should be ashamed with themselves tonight for not voting! They are likely to loose out big rime next year as alot of fans won't attend there games! They should have voted them out

To be fair the Killie Chairman played this with a fairly straight bat. Out of all the SPL clubs their existence is probably most dependant on Old Firm cash to survive. He virtually admitted as much. Hopefully more locals will join the decent band of supporters they have and help cushion the financial blow they will take. Their Chairman may have made an unpopular decision but at least he was honest. Rangers are out now, the last thing we should be doing is boycotting any ground.

Hibercelona
04-07-2012, 07:04 PM
To be fair the Killie Chairman played this with a fairly straight bat. Out of all the SPL clubs their existence is probably most dependant on Old Firm cash to survive. He virtually admitted as much. Hopefully more locals will join the decent band of supporters they have and help cushion the financial blow they will take. Their Chairman may have made an unpopular decision but at least he was honest. Rangers are out now, the last thing we should be doing is boycotting any ground.

I agree with this.

The fans now have a chance to strengthen the league, that means turning up to every game in high numbers and showing that the league can survive without THEM.

The Killie chairman done what he felt was best for his own club, he had to. Killie will seriously struggle financially and will need to make serious cutbacks. But the blow can be softened if more people start turning up for games.

It's a "no Rangers" league right now, that should be incentive enough to get numbers through the gates.

marinello59
04-07-2012, 07:04 PM
An unlikely scenario I know but should all 3 SFL divisions turn down an application from the club formerly known as Rangers to join surely they will be well and truly stuffed?

They would soon have no players and nobody to play against.

One of Green's throwaway lines tonight was along the lines of "if we are playing next season.". There could be more twists to come. The SFL could vote to continue as they are this season leaving the SPL a club short. Unlikely but possible.

SouthamptonHibs
04-07-2012, 07:05 PM

Killie were in a no win situation as they give old firm nearly three stands each time they come down, they rely big time on the old firm! The chairmen should have voted against Newco today. By not voting he has already lost the cream buns support, hes now risking loosing thousands off fans over the season from going to there home games! I think what he was trying to achieve was he didn't want ti annoy the cream buns fans as they'll be back in SPL in 3/4 years plus he didn't want to upset the Celts fans....

Onion
04-07-2012, 07:14 PM

The Killie Board should be hounded out by their fans for putting the club in such a position - totally dependent on the hand outs from the OF. What a stupid thing to do. We don't need clubs who are forced to vote for money before sporting integrity. Get that Board out and then I'll start going back to Rugby Park.

grunt
04-07-2012, 07:14 PM
... I fully expect the SFL clubs to politely suggest to Sevco that they apply to join Div 3 when their application will be duly considered. I then expect Sevco to go into Adminstration.
I'm a bit surprised that others haven't picked up on your comment. I agree with you; with the cost of maintaining Ibrox and Murray Park, the SPL-level wages for those players who have made the switch to NewCo, I can't see how the small crowds at SFL3 matches could possibly keep Rangers in the manner to which they have become accustomed. They won't be able to charge SPL season ticket prices. Unless Green finds some generous backers to support NewCo through the next two or three years - and that has seemed difficult enough when they hoped for SPL continuance - then I don't know how they will afford to play in the SFL3.

Here's hoping!

s.a.m
04-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Falkirk FC‏@falkirkbairnsRANGERS NEWCO APPLICATION: Falkirk FC Board Statement http://bit.ly/Op0RFb (http://t.co/XQhzdXdg)

NAE NOOKIE
04-07-2012, 07:18 PM
If Killie are the one club that abstained, I don't think it's fair of supporters of other clubs to punish them by deciding to boycott Rugby Park.

In the end, the vote has gone the way we wanted. Whether the Killie chairman wanted Rangers to stay in the SPL is now irrelevant. The people that will be ultimately punished by applying financial pressure, basically out of spite, are the fans of that club, who are totally innocent in all of this.

All supporters of us 'Diddy Clubs' should now be doing our level best to show we can live without Rangers, by going to as many games as possible. I'd hate to think that pettiness, spite and small minded thinking ruins the opportunity we have to make something of our league with Rangers out of the picture.

:top marks

You are bang on mate.

We have the no vote we all wanted.

The worst that should happen to Killie is that the hopefully large Hibs away support there next season take the pee by singing about them being Rangers lovers. To take any action as supporters which would lead to Killie's fans possibly losing their club because of the actions of one man who was acting 'against' their wishes would be a tragedy and totally unfair to the folk who have followed Killie for years and in the face of huge pressure to follow the old firm.

Some of the clubs involved in this vote today voted the way they did under huge pressure from their fans, Hibs not least of these. If the clubs had been left to their own devices there is no doubt that the vote would have gone the other way, due to the fact that a number of them are now scratching their heads wondering how they are going to fill the financial hole this has created. We got what we wanted in the beginning and now its up to US to save our clubs from the consequences ....... Thats the reality.

When I read some of the posts on this board I am reminded of the film Rob Roy:

In the film everybody thinks one of Rob Roy's men has stolen all the money he was given to buy cattle. One of the characters goes on and on saying he thinks that the guy is guilty ........ after a bit Rob Roy ( Liam Neeson ) turn to him and says " bad enough that it should be so without you wishing it"

Thats the impression I am beginning to get here ..... some folk are so bloody determined that Rangers newco should start in the 3rd division ... or even better nowhere ... and go on and on and on about no comin' back, fitbas deid tae me blah blah blah, that I am beginning to think they WANT Rangers newco shoehorned into Division 1 so that they can feel all bloody moral and superior when they do chuck it.

marinello59
04-07-2012, 07:22 PM
:top marks

You are bang on mate.

We have the no vote we all wanted.

The worst that should happen to Killie is that the hopefully large Hibs away support there next season take the pee by singing about them being Rangers lovers. To take any action as supporters which would lead to Killie's fans possibly losing their club because of the actions of one man who was acting 'against' their wishes would be a tragedy and totally unfair to the folk who have followed Killie for years and in the face of huge pressure to follow the old firm.

Some of the clubs involved in this vote today voted the way they did under huge pressure from their fans, Hibs not least of these. If the clubs had been left to their own devices there is no doubt that the vote would have gone the other way, due to the fact that a number of them are now scratching their heads wondering how they are going to fill the financial hole this has created. We got what we wanted in the beginning and now its up to US to save our clubs from the consequences ....... Thats the reality.

When I read some of the posts on this board I am reminded of the film Rob Roy:

In the film everybody thinks one of Rob Roy's men has stolen all the money he was given to buy cattle. One of the characters goes on and on saying he thinks that the guy is guilty ........ after a bit Rob Roy ( Liam Neeson ) turn to him and says " bad enough that it should be so without you wishing it"

Thats the impression I am beginning to get here ..... some folk are so bloody determined that Rangers newco should start in the 3rd division ... or even better nowhere ... and go on and on and on about no comin' back, fitbas deid tae me blah blah blah, that I am beginning to think they WANT Rangers newco shoehorned into Division 1 so that they can feel all bloody moral and superior when they do chuck it.

You forgot to put your tin hat on. I agree with you though.