PDA

View Full Version : Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178

Col2
28-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Support 100%.

Won't be back if Newco get in to the 1st division. And if Rod Petrie is behind the plan or even supportive of it I will support any and all sack the board demos.

steakbake
the baw is officially burst. was going to wait and see what came in before getting a season ticket but this plumbs new depths. spartans here I come.

Hainan Hibs
If I was involved with the Edinburgh Ice Hockey or Rugby team I'd be preparing a marketing campaign to attract a fair few thousand pissed off fitbaw fans with time on their hands.

BroxburnHibee
Yep - this carve up will kill Scottish football stone dead

...WentToMowAnSPL
28-06-2012, 07:56 PM
One hundred per cent. It would be a very sad day to walk away, but I'd have no option.

So folks - apologies for skipping but isn't there an online poll for all supporters for all clubs SFA, SPL to vote ?

Arab Spring folks remember social networking & internet power !!

We have won the first round, they are trying a second - we can still win for the good of scottish football and we can do this before they can even dine on succulent lamb .. :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Rangers dont drop to the 3rd Division and im out, 100% finished with SPL Fitba.

Me too, but I want a fight before I give up and walk away!!

Waxy
28-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Basically what has happened today has let everyone know that Scottish football has been no more than a circus for years,
Like the joke that the music industry has also become.
Sick cheatin B/.';,[s

1875 NO 1
28-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Latest developments and the reluctance to kick Huns out of the league, shows what the SFA \ SPL think of the fans. And non old firm teams.

If you don't want to be part of a corrupt Scottish Fitba. I believe there is an alternative.

Pissed off fans should start a breakaway club. A new national league. Out of SFA control.

A new Hibs playing out of Meadowbank. A share in the new club would cost £10. Space for everybody.

Yeah it won't be easy. It wasnt easy back in 1875. Problems back then - bigotry and cheating. Nothing has changed and the year is 2012.

Hibs belongs to the fans. Not farmer and petrie.

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2012, 08:00 PM
http://www.spartansfc.com/2011-2012-season-ticket-sales/

Pretty good deal

3pm
28-06-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm going back.

Jim44
28-06-2012, 08:02 PM
If it's not true, I am sure someone will very quickly come out and say so tomorrow.

Hmm

No idea how I would fill my saturday afternoons, but this is one promise I won't go back on. If our club values us it won't do this!!

No they won't.

It already has done it.

steakbake
28-06-2012, 08:03 PM
http://www.spartansfc.com/2011-2012-season-ticket-sales/

Pretty good deal

Not bad. Maybe we can start a section 1?

one day maybe...
28-06-2012, 08:04 PM
If they were admitted to Division One with promotion denied to them for winning the title for two seasons then I would be fine with that. The money generated over that period for that division would infact help Scottish football. If it is a simple scenario of them getting straight back into the SPL after one season then I am out. I was going to attend more this season and take my daughter who is 7 along more often aswell, but I will not do so, if they squirm their way back into the SPL after just one measily season. Cheating is cheating, liquidation is liquidation they no longer exist, there is no Rangers just Newco!!!

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Not bad. Maybe we can start a section 1?

TBF they might already have one, but I'm sure we would be welcome:wink:

...WentToMowAnSPL
28-06-2012, 08:05 PM

I was about to propose plans to get additional revenue into Hibs.. but now if the club can't be bothered.. frankly I can't..

inglisavhibs
28-06-2012, 08:05 PM
We have seen the document suggesting that Rangers may well be placed in Division one as a Newco.

Now we are not as yet thinking it is a done deal or that the member clubs of the SPL have made a plan but if they have Mr Petrie and Hibs are a team involved then I think we might see far worse repercutions than the impact of no Rangers.

Time you stood up and started counting the views on here which clearly show the rules in place should be the ones that are used. what is frightning is some Hibbies on here who I know go week in week out are going to chuck it, I am going to chuck it, Hibs will lose far more by agreeing to any sort of change to division one.

My order for the new top is on hold, lots of STs are on hold this site doesnt claim to speak for the entire support but as any survey you ask a group anda fairly large group is sitting on here. The Hibs support are actually disgusted at the proposal.

You and I both know Hibs would never get the chance to just drop 1 league, we would be starting in 3rd you know it and we all on here know it.

Bottom line though it is conjecture and what the support will do is conjecture we will wait and see but if it turns out you are not in favour of such a proposal then you can stand by your integrity statement, if this is happening then I think you will have no integrity with me and probably many of the support.

This website has never seen so many people who argue about managers, tactics and players all pull together with almost the same views, there are some serious ST holders looking at calling it. This is not a case of having a go it is just to let you understand the depth of feeling over this, if your mantra is full punishment we will stand up and be counted with you and a 100% clear concience.

If nowt to do with you or Hibs then please get involved in making sure the integrity you spoke of is carried out to letter to best you can.
Disgusted at this latest news, I have watched Hibs for 48 years but this is worse than any defeat. I have already bought two season tickets for my sons but that will be my last contribution to Hibs if we vote Rangers in to the 1st division.

lyonhibs
28-06-2012, 08:06 PM
It'll be tattie bye bye for me as well if some fudged solution is created to allow Rangers into the 1st Division.

Jack
28-06-2012, 08:06 PM
This is a con.

Either we the fans are being conned by our chairmen or someone at the BBC has been conned by an insider within the ibrox closet.

I dearly hope its the latter or I'll be drinking latte in a quiet cafe somewhere in town at Saturday 3pm, or Sunday 12:30, or Saturday 12:15 or Sunday ...

The Green Goblin
28-06-2012, 08:07 PM
it's not nonsense.It's a continuance of the same corruption

I did say "IF"...

goosefat
28-06-2012, 08:07 PM
It occurs to me that perhaps the majority SPL clubs were happy to vote no to the spewco in the guise of sporting integrity, punt the problem down to the SFL, knowing full well that the probability was they would end up agreeing to have them in division 1 for that inevitable one off ‘novelty’ season. In reality, I do wonder how pleased any of the SPL clubs will be if spewco end up in the 3rd.

Of course, the 3rd is where they should be (and where any other club would be already) but talk is cheap and 3 seasons without the income from games against the spewco will be expensive.

Onion
28-06-2012, 08:09 PM
If this does go through, it's sporting integrity AT A PRICE.

Was starting to get a wee bit interest back in the game after last month's disaster. I actually felt a bit of pride, not in Rod and Hibs but in the other clubs too that stood up to this horrible institution that is the cheating bigot fest. Now, I feel sold down the river and don't see the point in bothering anymore.

Why don't we just bend over and ask the OF to draw up all rules that they want us to play under and just get on with letting them shaft us? Let's give them a percentage of the gate money when the visit away grounds, say 50% of their travelling support, and ask what else they would like.

This better be more nonsense from the BBC or whoever or it's the end game for me instead of newhunco.
:rules: :sick: :offski:

Now you can understand why so many clubs were comfortable saying No to the SPL vote, they already knew there was a compromise position in the offing. IMHO this is deceitful, shameful and despicable behaviour - you talk about Rangers cheating ?. Hibs and the other 5 who stated their intentions must have known all about this Div 1 stitch up, but not a hint of it, except from the Dons. If this goes through all the SPL clubs will rightly be vilified for it. The SFL & SPL clubs MUST oppose this latest stitch-up. Jees, they are all as slippery as 3rd car salesmen :confused:

ScottB
28-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Can see this happening as I doubt most of the SPL clubs will survive the season if the fans anger and threats come to fruition.

Cabbage East
28-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Glad I haven't stumped up my 400 sheets yet. If, and it's still an if, Hibs are in on this then they can say goodbye to my hard earned and, more importantly, my support.

Waxy
I did say "IF"...Haha yep i knew you knew.Me in rant mode just now.I'm scared to be honest.Because if this goes through,i'll never see Hibs again

Booked4Being-Ugly
I would rather Petrie spent his time working to make Hibs a better club and looking to make improvements to the playing staff than trying to engineer a morally and financially corrupt club's entry into SFL D1.

If he is trying to help the newhuns out then he should resign from Hibs IMO.

Jim44
28-06-2012, 08:14 PM
We have seen the document suggesting that Rangers may well be placed in Division one as a Newco.

Now we are not as yet thinking it is a done deal or that the member clubs of the SPL have made a plan but if they have Mr Petrie and Hibs are a team involved then I think we might see far worse repercutions than the impact of no Rangers.

Time you stood up and started counting the views on here which clearly show the rules in place should be the ones that are used. what is frightning is some Hibbies on here who I know go week in week out are going to chuck it, I am going to chuck it, Hibs will lose far more by agreeing to any sort of change to division one.

My order for the new top is on hold, lots of STs are on hold this site doesnt claim to speak for the entire support but as any survey you ask a group anda fairly large group is sitting on here. The Hibs support are actually disgusted at the proposal.

You and I both know Hibs would never get the chance to just drop 1 league, we would be starting in 3rd you know it and we all on here know it.

Bottom line though it is conjecture and what the support will do is conjecture we will wait and see but if it turns out you are not in favour of such a proposal then you can stand by your integrity statement, if this is happening then I think you will have no integrity with me and probably many of the support.

This website has never seen so many people who argue about managers, tactics and players all pull together with almost the same views, there are some serious ST holders looking at calling it. This is not a case of having a go it is just to let you understand the depth of feeling over this, if your mantra is full punishment we will stand up and be counted with you and a 100% clear concience.

If nowt to do with you or Hibs then please get involved in making sure the integrity you spoke of is carried out to letter to best you can.

Sadly, I think we'll find out in the next few days that Petrie and the rest of the doormats are fully behind these proposals. I am disgusted that their unprincipled greed has led to the possible/probable rejection of the club and the game in general by a huge number of supporters. But why take the passive route and walk away? Why not fight back at these shysters and actively campaign for their resignation?

1875 NO 1
28-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Can see this happening as I doubt most of the SPL clubs will survive the season if the fans anger and threats come to fruition.

If the doomsday huns scenario comes true - would you support getting a new hibs?

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 08:15 PM

I agree, it will stumble along for a while with those who will go no matter how much they are cheated, but in the end more and more will drift away.

I hope the people responsible for this are happy with themselves.:rolleyes:

The new ground we are all proud of, will have games played in front of a couple of thousand folk packed in the bottom tier of the FF.

Steve20
28-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Disgusted at this latest news, I have watched Hibs for 48 years but this is worse than any defeat. I have already bought two season tickets for my sons but that will be my last contribution to Hibs if we vote Rangers in to the 1st division.

The humiliation of the cup final last month is so much worse than Rangers getting into the 1st Division.

lord bunberry
28-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Not all that disgusted then. Even tho' your club is being run by a sycophantic, money-grabbing, unprincipled doormat, like nearly all the other SPL chairmen. Ironically, Michael Johnston of Killie, who has been pilloried for speaking up for leniency for Rangers, in my mind comes out of this charade with the most credibility. At least he didn't hide behind the sham of pretending to stand up to Rangers. :no way:

as i said in another post im starting to have my doubts. i always thought thr right thing would be done and rangers would end up in division 3. if they end up in division 1 i will find it hard to justify going back they may as well just vote them into the spl

oneone73
28-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Glad I haven't stumped up my 400 sheetsop yet. If, and it's still an if, Hibs are in on this then they can say goodbye to my hard earned and, more importantly, my support.

I'm out too, after nearly 50 years following Hibs. Sad, sad day

WhileTheChief..
28-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Thinking more about it, there is no way that RP can be part of this. He would know full well that everybody would be against it. Now that Milne has made his statement I reckon we will see similar from Hibs and Hearts tomorrow.

Even Rangers fan's don't want this. In fairness to them they pretty much seem to accept that div 3 is where they should go. Go to div3 as a new club and start form scratch and build up a bit of dignity. Anything else and Scottish football as we know it dies.

bighairyfaeleith
Right, I think the general consensus is that everyone is raging, so who do we vent this fury at, who do we tell our opinions to?

Stick the email addresses in this thread of everyone we should be emailing to complain.

I'll get it started with

rpetrie@hibernianfc.co.uk

board@hibernianfc.co.uk

neildoncaster@scotprem.com

Anyone got any SFA addresses, preferrably Regans?

Don't forget your councillors and MSP's

Spike Mandela
The humiliation of the cup final last month is so much worse than Rangers getting into the 1st Division.

Correct but put the two together so soon and somebody is seriously taking the piss out of Hibs fans.

Ozyhibby
I don't see this plan happening but just in case, I would like to let Hibs know that if the rules are bent to help sevco then I will never spend another penny on Hibs. I currently spend about £600 per year (1 adult, 2kids + strips etc). If Hibs allow this then they will have to do without my money.

Hibs7
28-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Is accepted and the Rangers Newco are admitted to the new first division, then ALL honest supporters should boycott ALL the first games of the season.
Hardly anybody showing up would send a clear message that the fans do not accept this.
Any other clubs supporters reading this and thinking the same .... spread the word.

InchHibby
28-06-2012, 08:20 PM
I have been a Season Ticket holder for nearly thirty years and if these proposals go through then I will be seriously thinking about throwing the towel in as far as Scottish Football is concerned.
This is a total stitch up by all clubs including Hibs and what makes it worse they had the audacity to come out and say they would be voting NO to a Newco getting into the SPL, knowing full well what had been previously agreed.
Only one punishment will do for me and that is for the Newco to start again from the bottom and even then to go through the proper channels by applying to gain entry.
The game in Scotland has been a laughing stock for years now and it will be an even bigger laughing stock after this debacle.
Football should never get into a position like what we have with two teams competing for the top two places year in year out and the one time we have a real chance for change we sell our selves down the river because of a few threats from the West Coast and few shillings.
We seem to forget that we were threatened with boycotts from this same mob and I can assure you of this their fans will not forget and they will love nothing better than for other clubs to go to the wall but this time those at the top won't give a rats ass as they could not give a toss who the other ten clubs are as long as the Glasgow two are there.

Hibernia&Alba
28-06-2012, 08:22 PM
I very much agree with Carlberg's OP. SFL 1 for the Newco will cost every other club fans and money. It isn't an idle threat. If this proposal goes ahead, Scotland's clubs need to be prepared for detrimental consequences and not just expect benefits alone. But will they care if on balance they make more than they lose from it?

grunt
28-06-2012, 08:23 PM
If it's not true, I am sure someone will very quickly come out and say so tomorrow.
It's true.

lord bunberry
28-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Latest developments and the reluctance to kick Huns out of the league, shows what the SFA \ SPL think of the fans. And non old firm teams.

If you don't want to be part of a corrupt Scottish Fitba. I believe there is an alternative.

Pissed off fans should start a breakaway club. A new national league. Out of SFA control.

A new Hibs playing out of Meadowbank. A share in the new club would cost £10. Space for everybody.

Yeah it won't be easy. It wasnt easy back in 1875. Problems back then - bigotry and cheating. Nothing has changed and the year is 2012.

Hibs belongs to the fans. Not farmer and petrie.

i hope it never comes to this but if the right thing isnt done with rangers then i think its a great idea we would still be hibees and get our football fix every saturday

18/03/07
28-06-2012, 08:24 PM
This is my view as well

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2012, 08:24 PM

The cup final wasn't enough to stop me going to watch hibs!!

Cabbage East
28-06-2012, 08:26 PM
A petition has started. Get it signed.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sporting-integrity-cannot-be-compromised/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign =button

ScottB
28-06-2012, 08:26 PM
What would the point be? Once they've done this, it's done. Folk skipping a game won't make them suddenly kick the newco to SFL3.

If they do this, they do it in full knowledge that fans have threaten to not go back. They are calling our bluffs, hoping we will **** and moan but give in in the end and just go back.

No thanks.

Hibs7
28-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Quite clear, a boycott.

ANDY McGEECHAN
28-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Count me out as-well Mr Petrie, Newco 1st Div = NO RENEWAL. and its bye bye from me after 45 years.

adhibs
28-06-2012, 08:28 PM
realy cant see an email to any of they addresses making one bit of difference to who they reach, good on people if they want to try tho. Id say the only hope in this mess is for uefa or fifa to get involved but dunno if theve got previous of doing so in a situation like this

Hibs7
28-06-2012, 08:28 PM
All right then just do nothing and get rogered again.

Is it any wonder they can do as they please with these attitudes.

Waxy
28-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Is accepted and the Rangers Newco are admitted to the new first division, then ALL honest supporters should boycott ALL the first games of the season.
Hardly anybody showing up would send a clear message that the fans do not accept this.
Any other clubs supporters reading this and thinking the same .... spread the word.Boycott? You wont have to worry about the first match....or the second match.......or any matches.If you can call them matches.Thousands will not come back.

Off the bar
28-06-2012, 08:30 PM
This new div 1 plan is bs, just when it looked like the right thing was being done and that there was a real sense of togetherness and positivity among fans, perhaps a sense of trepidation but definate optimism, they come out with this.
Shower of ****s, total stitch up, disgrace, one big **** you to the fans.
If true, then f you Petrie f you newco and f you Scottish football.
Sorry for all the effing and jeffing but Jesus titty f Ing Christ, have they not listened to one thing the fans have said?
W A N K E R S
so so angry right now ( just got online and caught up on the last 5 pages if this thread)

Hibs7
28-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Boycott? You wont have to worry about the first match....or the second match.......or any matches.If you can call them matches.Thousands will not come back.

Some will, but a mass boycott of the first games will get huge publicity.

DH1875
I'd just ask Rod to come out and tell us the truth and what's really going on. It's starting to get confusing for me. A wee statement from Rod would go a long way for me deciding what my Hibs future will be.

Lofarl
I will boycott Scottish Football totally. I can watch the EPL instead. If this goes through Hibs are dead to me as they are complicit in it.

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2012, 08:32 PM
realy cant see an email to any of they addresses making one bit of difference to who they reach, good on people if they want to try tho. Id say the only hope in this mess is for uefa or fifa to get involved but dunno if theve got previous of doing so in a situation like this

Trust me, if your MP suddenly has hundreds/thousands of emails he/she will act!!

we need to raise the bar on this argument

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 08:32 PM

What difference will that make?:confused:

Jim44
28-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Any other clubs supporters reading this and thinking the same .... spread the word.

Why just the first game? Don't go back at all and as I said in another thread fight for the resignation of the yes-men.

Spike Mandela
28-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Right, I think the general consensus is that everyone is raging, so who do we vent this fury at, who do we tell our opinions to?

Stick the email addresses in this thread of everyone we should be emailing to complain.

I'll get it started with

board@hibernianfc.co.uk

My email to the board is simple and to the point...............

Please can you outline the process I will have to go through to cancel payment plan season ticket SHOULD a newco be Allowed *into division one.

Hibernia&Alba
28-06-2012, 08:34 PM

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sporting-integrity-cannot-be-compromised/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign =button

Done and forwarded.

Hibs7
28-06-2012, 08:35 PM
What difference will that make?:confused:

I am sure if it was done all the teams would have an emergency meeting as they could not survive if that was to continue, but you have to start somewhere.

frazeHFC
28-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Can we not just all head to the SFA/SPL or whoevers headquarters and have one huge riot demo?

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2012, 08:39 PM

Please can you outline the process I will have to go through to cancel payment plan season ticket SHOULD a newco be Allowed *into division one.

You'd be wasting your time as the payment plan has nothing to do with Hibs who already have the money up front from Zebra finance.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I am sure if it was done all the teams would have an emergency meeting as they could not survive if that was to continue, but you have to start somewhere.

They will already be in div 1, the deed will have been done. The time to do something is now, not after the event.

ronaldo7
Have I got this right, it's been a long day.

The SPL have threatened the SFL clubs in that if they don't agree to Newco into the First Division they'll start SPL2.

Where are the extra clubs coming from to make up SPL2?

alexedwards
Said on the other thread the Dundee United fans were mad to run along and buy ST's based on the announcement - only when the deal is
done should those (who are serious) put their hands in the pocket. If this is going through then they think nothing of the average fan -
sporting integrity my ass. :bye:

grunt
28-06-2012, 08:41 PM
The report is quite clear on why the clubs will vote for it. Whether the statement about the loss of revenue is true I'm not so sure, and I doubt we'll ever truly know. But the message is clear: "Will you accept Rangers in the First Division, or do you want to kiss goodbye to £16m a year into Scottish football?"

The Green Goblin
28-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Said on the other thread the Dundee United fans were mad to run along and buy ST's based on the announcement - only when the deal is
done should those (who are serious) put their hands in the pocket. If this is going through then they think nothing of the average fan -
sporting integrity my ass. :bye:

Several clubs got their fans to do this, Hibs included.

Spike Mandela
28-06-2012, 08:42 PM
You'd be wasting your time as the payment plan has nothing to do with Hibs who already have the money up front from Zebra finance.

Perhaps but I would like to find out how to cancel it, if indeed it can be done and of course it makes a point to the board. Ultimately I would hope it doesn't come to that.

IWasThere2016
28-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Certainly no knee-jerk reactions on this thread!

:rolleyes:

The usual culprits jumping on Petrie's back, before putting their brains in gear.

So your learned view of that document, and the outcome from it is ..?

clerriehibs
I don't understand ... WTF is this "integrity" thing that Petrie has been banging on about?

Hibs7
They will already be in div 1, the deed will have been done. The time to do something is now, not after the event.

Ok so what can we all do now, the first game is where ALL supporters can make a concerted effort to show their feelings, I am open to any other suggestion that will show ALL supporters outrage.

DaveF
28-06-2012, 08:46 PM
The report is quite clear on why the clubs will vote for it. Whether the statement about the loss of revenue is true I'm not so sure, and I doubt we'll ever truly know. But the message is clear: "Will you accept Rangers in the First Division, or do you want to kiss goodbye to £16m a year into Scottish football?"

I'd be quite happy to see the back of TV money and all the ***** that goes with it. Yes, all our clubs will be a lot poorer, but real football fans won't desert their clubs. Pandering to the OF yet again will see a significant number wave cheerio and that's pretty sad.

clerriehibs
28-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I will boycott Scottish Football totally. I can watch the EPL instead. If this goes through Hibs are dead to me as they are complicit in it.

Complicit? Sounds like our chief executive is the friggin architect of it.

Sean1875
28-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Yes because this Newco business and the mass opinion of 99% of Scottish Football fans is relatively unknown :rolleyes:

As already mentioned, boycotting the first match will make 0 difference. All the fixtures, arrangements etc will already have been made for the Newco to be in the first division. If the SPL and SFL aren't willing to stick Rangers down where they should be when nothing is set in stone, they most definitely wont do anything after the first game of the season.

sevenzero
Like what has already been posted , rod needs to come out and let the fans know what's happening ! I allready have a season ticket for this coming season , but there is no danger I would have renewed had I heard about this carve up !!!! That missing 2500 season tickets from last year will go AWOL if this goes through .

inglisavhibs
Not for me, I am used to Hibs letting us down on the park but this is just corrupt. I didn't think I would get over the final but time is a healer and there is always the next game to look forward to. Would rather hibs spent less on signings than attempt to buy rangers fans money.

IWasThere2016
28-06-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't understand ... WTF is this "integrity" thing that Petrie has been banging on about?

'Integrity' of his 'investment'?

LancashireHibby
I'd back it. Would need to somehow persuade other clubs to do similar and set up a league completely separate from the SFA.

bighairyfaeleith

Not at all wasting your time if you have been mis-sold a product, in fact every SPL could be on a sticky wicket if it's shown they have lied to there fans to get ST sales.

The fact it's on direct debit gives you additional security and protection.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Ok so what can we all do now, the first game is where ALL supporters can make a concerted effort to show their feelings, I am open to any other suggestion that will show ALL supporters outrage.

I'm completely finished with the game in Scotland, should this go through. You must make up your own mind what you do.

lucky
28-06-2012, 08:52 PM
No to newco demo at Hampden on Saturday at 2pm organized by various supporters clubs

KdyHby
28-06-2012, 08:53 PM
I have the money for a season ticket in my bank account. If Newco end up any higher than div 3, I'll never be back to a Scottish league or international match.

Hibs7
28-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm completely finished with the game in Scotland, should this go through. You must make up your own mind what you do.

I will be the same as you if it goes through, but what can we do now to stop it being approved.

Judas Iscariot
28-06-2012, 08:54 PM
A link to this post and all the others like it NEED to be emailed to the Hibs, SPL and SFA/SFL boards..

I'm sure the vast majority of other teams fans feel the same as what we do, they should do the same

Baldy Foghorn
28-06-2012, 08:55 PM

Agree with the above, however IF RP has had an active role in the impending restructure, there should be a mass demonstration at home game vs Huddersfield calling for his napper on a platter.....

Baba O'riley

Pretty much my thoughts exactly; although not fussed about EPL. Will be done with the Scotland National Team too

grunt
I'd be quite happy to see the back of TV money and all the ***** that goes with it. Dave, I'm with you and I'd prefer a game with integrity and without all the baggage that Rangers bring. I'd be prepared to give up the Sky money (if that's what the £16m is, I don't know). But there are far too many others, people with vested interests in keeping their bit of the game going, who I expect will say, "we need that TV money". For me the important question is whether this estimate of lost revenue has any basis in fact. If it is the Sky money, and if Sky really have said that the deal will be £4m a year not £20m a year if you don't have Rangers and the OF games, then that will be a difficult scenario for many club Chairmen to contemplate. And I can see them swallowing their sporting integrity and allowing Rangers into SFL1.

DH1875
No to newco demo at Hampden on Saturday at 2pm organized by various supporters clubs

Are the demos not at the grounds? I thought there was one planned for ER :confused:.

lucky
There is a demo at Hampden at 2pm against the newco Rangers on Saturday organised by various fan groups

nairn hibee
28-06-2012, 08:56 PM
so much for all that media crap we used to here about bigotry etc being a curse for our game ,now there is a chance to end it for good ,and the media ,governing bodies ,and now it looks like the rest of our clubs show that they really could not care less about it anyway,i probably only go to about 7 or 8 home games now with the wife and kid so won't be missed ,but if they are not in the 3rd div or better still kicked out ,it will be full time highland league for me ,having said that will no doupt sneak back after a few years .gutted

Jim44
28-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I am RAGING right now. Absolutely disgusted with the latest announcement. I really do wonder what the point is. I actually feel sick with anger

Exactly. Who gives a toss about what players represent HFC in Petrie's charade. I feel sorry for Fenlon. He's become piggy-in-the-middle in a season which promises to be the beginning of the end of Scottish Football, if those who are threatening to walk away, stick to their principles.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Not at all wasting your time if you have been mis-sold a product, in fact every SPL could be on a sticky wicket if it's shown they have lied to there fans to get ST sales.

The fact it's on direct debit gives you additional security and protection.

Aaaaaaaaaah my point was the finance deal is with Zebra finance so any proposal to cancel said agreement would need to be directed to them and not Hibs. Please explain the mis-sold scenario for me, genuine question not a challenge to whether they have been mis-sold by the way in case you think I'm looking for an argument :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2012, 08:59 PM
See the bit about buying the tv rights to Rangers (who don't exist) games in division 1?
Who is the SPL buying them from? Does that mean Sevco being handed £1m?

buying them from the first division teams, so they can't negotiate there own deal

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2012, 09:00 PM
If all this is true its all over for me and my laddie. I'll take him to rugby or some other respectable sport.

Avoid Harlequins (of bloodgate fame) then :)

clerriehibs
28-06-2012, 09:01 PM

I was gutted after that ... at the moment, I'm disgusted.

Jim44
28-06-2012, 09:03 PM
A link to this post and all the others like it NEED to be emailed to the Hibs, SPL and SFA/SFL boards..

I'm sure the vast majority of other teams fans feel the same as what we do, they should do the same

:agree: By the way, how about lending Petrie your user-name. :greengrin

...WentToMowAnSPL
28-06-2012, 09:03 PM

I'll get it started with

board@hibernianfc.co.uk

What is Scott Lindsay's email ?

ancient hibee
28-06-2012, 09:05 PM
All the SFL clubs are trying to set up a position from which they can make the most money.They don't want them in Division 3 because most grounds could not cope with an away support and it would cost them money.They will vote to allow them into Division 1 in return for some dosh being spread around-that way they will benefit financially from Rangers without bearing costs.

You read it here first folks-how can you be surprised?

...WentToMowAnSPL
28-06-2012, 09:07 PM

i used all my intuition to make an educated guess - I've sent an email ... Apologies if there is another slindsay that works for Hibs :greengrin :flag:

Callum_62
28-06-2012, 09:08 PM
If the Newco get into Div 1, I also couldnt give a toss who we sign - Scottish football will be dead to me.

Bending, twisting and rushing through new rules / set ups for the immediate benefit of 1 club - absolute farce.

Where were the rule changes etc for Gretna, or Livi..... :confused::rolleyes:

Jim44
28-06-2012, 09:09 PM
See the bit about buying the tv rights to Rangers (who don't exist) games in division 1?
Who is the SPL buying them from? Does that mean Sevco being handed £1m?

I think they're talking about the other teams getting a few bob out of Div. 1 TV coverage. I'm sure I read somewhere that most Rangers away games will be televised so you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a small fortune in it for them.

ScottB
buying them from the first division teams, so they can't negotiate there own deal

So in effect handing Sevco £100k plus then whatever share they get from Sky for covering First Division games, all of which will presumably be taken out of the SPL pot.

BarneyK
I'd be quite happy to see the back of TV money and all the ***** that goes with it. Yes, all our clubs will be a lot poorer, but real football fans won't desert their clubs. Pandering to the OF yet again will see a significant number wave cheerio and that's pretty sad.

Agreed. Give me "League of Ireland" level over this farce any day of the week.

ekhibee
28-06-2012, 09:10 PM
I was gutted after that ... at the moment, I'm disgusted.

yep, my sentiments entirely. Petrie will have to come out and say something as soon as possible, else there will be even less supporters at home games next season. It should be emphasized that we don't know if what has been said is actually true yet, but if it is, it must be 1 of the biggest PR disasters in recent years. The timing was extremely bad to say the least.

Judas Iscariot
28-06-2012, 09:10 PM
:agree: By the way, how about lending Petrie your user-name. :greengrin

No lending but I will sell it to the highest bidder :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Aaaaaaaaaah my point was the finance deal is with Zebra finance so any proposal to cancel said agreement would need to be directed to them and not Hibs. Please explain the mis-sold scenario for me, genuine question not a challenge to whether they have been mis-sold by the way in case you think I'm looking for an argument :greengrin

Not looking for an argument with you, someone, but not you:wink:

In terms of the tickets being mis-sold well, we are being sold tickets on the basis the clubs are voting for sporting integrity and then behind our backs they have done the opposite. They have lied to the fans to sell tickets.(allegedly)

We are being sold tickets on the basis that any team can win the league, any team can be relegated. Yet they are ensuring that only ten of the twelve can actually be relegated and only two can ever win.

By taking this action they are complicit in allowing the old firm to continue to cheat, yes cheat, there way to trophy after trophy. Therefore they are taking our money by deceitful means.

Personally I would take this all the way to the financial ombudsman, I might lose but I'd do it anyway just to ensure a rough ride for the money men.

We cannot sit back and accept this.

BarneyK
28-06-2012, 09:12 PM

And presumably - as with the SPL - the team finishing top of the league will receive a disproportionate cut of this money - so the Huns are laughing...simples.

lucky
28-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Are the demos not at the grounds? I thought there was one planned for ER :confused:.

No it'd been changed to Hampden due to demand

ronaldo7
28-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Have I got this right, it's been a long day.

The SPL have threatened the SFL clubs in that if they don't agree to Newco into the First Division they'll start SPL2.

Where are the extra clubs coming from to make up SPL2?

Anybody:confused:

Cabbage East
28-06-2012, 09:20 PM
No it'd been changed to Hampden due to demand

Where are you getting this from? This needs to be coordinated properly or it'll look like people don't care.

ancient hibee
28-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Not looking for an argument with you, someone, but not you:wink:

In terms of the tickets being mis-sold well, we are being sold tickets on the basis the clubs are voting for sporting integrity and then behind our backs they have done the opposite. They have lied to the fans to sell tickets.(allegedly)

We are being sold tickets on the basis that any team can win the league, any team can be relegated. Yet they are ensuring that only ten of the twelve can actually be relegated and only two can ever win.

By taking this action they are complicit in allowing the old firm to continue to cheat, yes cheat, there way to trophy after trophy. Therefore they are taking our money by deceitful means.

Personally I would take this all the way to the financial ombudsman, I might lose but I'd do it anyway just to ensure a rough ride for the money men.

We cannot sit back and accept this.

Load of tosh I'm afraid.Any deceit would be fraud over the tickets-if you choose to borrow money to buy them well that's up to you.

FranckSuzy
28-06-2012, 09:21 PM

Just a guess but those who vote for it? :confused:

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Load of tosh I'm afraid.Any deceit would be fraud over the tickets-if you choose to borrow money to buy them well that's up to you.

maybe, but can you imagine the pressure everyone cancelling there direct debits would bring on hibs, I don't claim to be an oracle of the law, but I know what will hurt

Part/Time Supporter
28-06-2012, 09:24 PM

They're betting that the SFL1 clubs would cave in and join SPL2.

ronaldo7
28-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Just a guess but those who vote for it? :confused:

Like Cowdenbeath?

So the SPL put a gun to the heads of the SFL, and then accept some of those clubs into SPL2, but only those who vote yes?

What if they don't get the 75% voting yes?

SurferRosa
28-06-2012, 09:28 PM
This is nothing less than a betrayal Mr Petrie. An insult to the integrity of Hibs supporters thinking we would back this disgrace. If you or the other SPL chairmen think more of the Rangers hordes and a lousy TV deal than you do of your own fans then i hope you are all ready to face the consequences.
No Compromises to a club that has cheated our game for the best part of 15 years. Apply the rules....that is all we ask.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Like Cowdenbeath?

So the SPL put a gun to the heads of the SFL, and then accept some of those clubs into SPL2, but only those who vote yes?

Then they will be back with another plan, this whole thing stinks. :brickwall

FranckSuzy
28-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Like Cowdenbeath?

That's the million dollar question R :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
28-06-2012, 09:32 PM
maybe, but can you imagine the pressure everyone cancelling there direct debits would bring on hibs, I don't claim to be an oracle of the law, but I know what will hurt

at this moment, it's only the season ticket holders that can put serious pressure on every chairman to do the right thing

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2012, 09:35 PM
at this moment, it's only the season ticket holders that can put serious pressure on every chairman to do the right thing

no we all can, season ticket holders can withhold payments. Pay at the gate fans can simply not turn up.

All fans can complain to there MP's, MSP's and councillors.

Scotland today just reported the scottish government are watching developments, like I said earlier, time to raise the bar.

This is about the future of our great game, the money men can **** right off if they think they are getting it without a fight!!

DiscoLovinHibee
28-06-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm glad I never got round to renewing yet - and if this statement turns out to be accurate probably will not bother now until Petrie is gone.

Should this turn out to be accurate and the SPL chairmen (including Petrie) are blackmailing the SFL into allowing the Rangers just a year out (and a £1 million reward) then Petrie must be removed from his position.

I thought this was finally over last week and we could just look forward to the new season. All the other clubs were satisfied with SFL 3 and even the Rangers fans were happy that was a fair punishment.

Disgusting.

GreenOnions
28-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Slightly different angle here but .........

.. irrespective of the outcome of the current shennanigans - if the newco has to agree to take responsibility for previous behaviour of oldco is it not likely that newco will eventually be thrown out of whatever league they're in if they're found guilty of using dual contracts?

weecounty hibby
28-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't know if this proposal is for real but reading it makes me sad for Scottish football.If it happens to be true then be prepared for every Hun you ever meet telling you that they are bigger than the rest of Scottish football put together, "we arra peepel" we do what we want etc etc.

It is a complete betrayal of each and every football fan in Scotland outwith the OF and Rangers in particular. If our club chairman has colluded with them in any way he should ashamed of himself as it seems that the vast majority of Hibs fans do not agree with this decision and a lot were actually planning on how they could fill the deficit left without the tarnished money we would get from them being in the SPL.

If it comes to pass that they play anywhere except div3 next year then after 39 years of doing so I will no longer attend any football matches in this country. I have seen Hibs play in the first division twice, lose several cup finals, win a couple, followed them to Europe, been to two world cups and a Euro championship to watch Scotland but never ever again will I give a single penny to the crooks and con men who masquerade as the regulators and owners of our clubs and game.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't know if this proposal is for real but reading it makes me sad for Scottish football.If it happens to be true then be prepared for every Hun you ever meet telling you that they are bigger than the rest of Scottish football put together, "we arra peepel" we do what we want etc etc.

It is a complete betrayal of each and every football fan in Scotland outwith the OF and Rangers in particular. If our club chairman has colluded with them in any way he should ashamed of himself as it seems that the vast majority of Hibs fans do not agree with this decision and a lot were actually planning on how they could fill the deficit left without the tarnished money we would get from them being in the SPL.

If it comes to pass that they play anywhere except div3 next year then after 39 years of doing so I will no longer attend any football matches in this country. I have seen Hibs play in the first division twice, lose several cup finals, win a couple, followed them to Europe, been to two world cups and a Euro championship to watch Scotland but never ever again will I give a single penny to the crooks and con men who masquerade as the regulators and owners of our clubs and game.

Virtually word for word the email i have just sent off to Hibs.

...WentToMowAnSPL
28-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Erm maybe shouldn't have emailed Rod then ... Och well doesn't do any harm ... Wasn't expecting a Christmas Card anyway :-)

s.a.m
28-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Does anyone know how the other (nonhun) clubs' fans are reacting to this?

bighairyfaeleith
28-06-2012, 09:41 PM
depends wording is a bit woolly, sounds like they have to pay back footballing debts but that is all. So the wee newsagent round the corner still gets ripped off.

Also, why go through all this if the end result is the same, just put them straight into division three.

Twa Cairpets
28-06-2012, 09:42 PM
I dont want to assume that 2 + 2 = 4 as reported with this ridiclous document and the meeting between Petrie and Green, but IF it is - IF - then the gates at ER will be tiny next year.

Given the pap of the last few years, going to ER has been habit rather than fun. Take the any vestige of point in going to matches away - take away that wee bit of hope that sport can deliver success against the odds, even on the odd occasion, then it is pointless.

I've other things I can do on Saturdays, and I'll do them. I love football as a sport, and I wont give up on it at grassroots/youth, because if this goes through then in a very few short years the entire face of senior football will have changed. I dont see why they cant see this. No fans = no senior game. No fans going taking kids means no future support, and when they're gone, they're gone, there's just too much competing activity nowadays.

Rod Petrie - if you're reading this thread and the reports are true, then please, I implore you, think about what you're doing. A huge percentage of this board - a good representation of the fanbase - are passionately and defiantly against this idea. If you do this, you, as much as the vileness that is The Hun, will be guilty of killing Hibs.

cabbageandribs1875
28-06-2012, 09:44 PM

and then wants a donation(with no option to decline), think i'l pass ta

VickMackie
28-06-2012, 09:47 PM
They'll change the rules so that yes means no and no means KY Jelly

:faf:

zlatan
Does anyone know how the other (nonhun) clubs' fans are reacting to this?

Cheesed off. Pure cheesed off.

cabbageandribs1875
no we all can, season ticket holders can withhold payments. Pay at the gate fans can simply not turn up.

All fans can complain to there MP's, MSP's and councillors.

Scotland today just reported the scottish government are watching developments, like I said earlier, time to raise the bar.

This is about the future of our great game, the money men can **** right off if they think they are getting it without a fight!!

yep, but they will only notice any loss of income AFTER the season starts with the PATG fans, it HAS to be done NOW :)

s.a.m
28-06-2012, 09:48 PM
and then wants a donation(with no option to decline), think i'l pass ta

I just ignored the donation request - the vote was already cast, and I got a confirmation email (in my spam box).

Paisley Hibby
28-06-2012, 09:50 PM

FWIW here's the e-mail I have just sent

To:
Date:
Jun 28 2012, 10:44 PM
Subject:
Latest press allegations re SFL package to save Newco

Dear Mr Petrie

You said a few weeks ago that you cannot put a price on sporting integrity and I, along with many other Hibernian fans, believed you. So I sincerely hope that this evening's press reports about your involvement in a proposed deal to parachute Rangers Newco into Division 1 of the SFL are not true. Sporting integrity surely means that the new "Rangers" should apply for a place in SFL Division 3.

I have had a season ticket for almost 20 years and have renewed for next season. However, I can assure you that if you support this deal on behalf of Hibernian FC then there will be no way back for me. I will pursue other interests rather than attend Easter Road, will seek a refund on my 2012/13 season ticket and will not renew in future.

Kind regards

cabbageandribs1875
28-06-2012, 09:50 PM
I just ignored the donation request - the vote was already cast, and I got a confirmation email (in my spam box).

aah righty just noticed :greengrin sorted :cb

tony
28-06-2012, 09:51 PM
The turkeys in charge of the game have it in their hands to change our game fundamentally for the good and its future. A new structure, a share of the money, a plan that involves the long term development of our game, about returning to skill and enjoyment.

But its christmas the turkeys want to vote for. Change nothing, just wait one year and everything will be 'ok', back to normal.

Time to ring the turkeys necks.

wheniwas5
28-06-2012, 09:52 PM
i have emailed hibs to say if hibs vote newco into 1st division then i will hand back my own and my 2 sons season tickets.
petrie has to make a statement on this quick.
also i will be delaying buying new strip for sons till this is sorted.

Paisley Hibby
The turkeys in charge of the game have it in their hands to change our game fundamentally for the good and its future. A new structure, a share of the money, a plan that involves the long term development of our game, about returning to skill and enjoyment.

But its christmas the turkeys want to vote for. Change nothing, just wait one year and everything will be 'ok', back to normal.

Time to ring the turkeys necks.

Great post :not worth

ScottB
Apparently Alex Thomson is going to look into this nonsense...

keithkeith
28-06-2012, 09:57 PM
If the SFL clubs (with a gun at their heads) don't vote their approval, the SPL Clubs can do a u-turn, approve the application of Newco with the stipulation that they will give Newco a retrospective 60 point penalty to relegate them to the First Division...If SPL wants Newco in Division One, they can make it happen...

virtualhibby
28-06-2012, 09:59 PM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/warning-to-sfl-as-fans-rally-against-newco.18001526

Spotted this on steelmenonline;

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=12889&st=20

They as raging as everyone else and naming Petrie as a hypocrite.

Mon Dieu4
28-06-2012, 09:59 PM
You really have to congratulate the Huns, not content with making a mess of their own bigot filled cess pit of a club, they have now managed to take the rest of Scottish football with them. Im aware our own clubs seem to be assuming the position but

i absolutely hate you, bunch of buckie drinking, fake gold wearing, thinking shell suits are a fashion statement, sport socks two for a pound selling, whiney nasal talking, watch your car mister saying, no toothed, scurvy ridden, wearing a cap on the peak of your head, chippy every night for your tea, work shy, benefit cheating, bassas

Jim44
28-06-2012, 10:00 PM
"If you look after the sport the money will follow you, if you look after the money you'll kill the sport.''

s.a.m
28-06-2012, 10:04 PM
If the SFL clubs (with a gun at their heads) don't vote their approval, the SPL Clubs can do a u-turn, approve the application of Newco with the stipulation that they will give Newco a retrospective 60 point penalty to relegate them to the First Division...If SPL wants Newco in Division One, they can make it happen...

Presumably, the SFL could refuse them entry, though.:dunno: Or they could say that they will accept an application for a place in the 3rd, but not for a springboard into the 1st?

Saorsa
28-06-2012, 10:04 PM
But corruption to put a new team anywhere other than the bottom of the pile just because it is seen as representing the Hun franchise is the final straw for my camel. This is the point where we go from a de facto ****up to a de jure ****up, and I just can't stand it.exactly the same boat as me for 34 years I've been watching this and it's always been stacked in their favour, particularly since the SPL, but this is beyond any of that. They've been caught with their fingers in the tax man's till, they've broken just about every rule in the book yet these twisted b*****ds are still trying tae get them off the hook as lightly as possible, (unbelievable) tae any outside Scottish fitba but perfectly believable tae anybody else. There is a choice tae be made now, they'll make there's and based on that, I'll make mine.

Saorsa
28-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm coming round to the idea of keeping Rangers half alive as a first division plaything, with the promise of more punishments, not being able to sign players and probably further demotion.

To me it beats just allowing them back as a totally new club at the bottom, being able to sign who they want and escaping any further punishment on ongoing investigations.you just keep believing what you like and keep trying tae justify it tae yersel.

alexedwards
28-06-2012, 10:11 PM
TBH, whether they do it or not is irrelevant.
The fact that they are considering it or worse still, threatening it, is enough for me.
It's not Rangers I want shot of - it's these bunch of spineless morons.
Endsville.

Absolutely this. The mere fact that Doncaster and certain others (TBC) have slipped this in is in itself sufficient to determine that we can
NEVER trust those who are responsible for organising the SPL.
Add to this the fact that Hibs may have a newco no vote for sporting integrity knowing this was to come out days later and we can see
that league organisers and clubs feel it is acceptable to lie to and steal fans money.
Furthermore - Celtic - the great enemy of Rangers whose silence is deafening appear to be behind these latest restructure moves thereby
lying to and shafting their own fans - are surely about to feel the wrath from their fans.
Pitch in any other club who has knowingly lied to fans and what we have is clubs/league/national association/media willing to go to any
length to cheat their own fans and put out corrupt football competition.
The ball is burst beyond repair - nothing can be done to save Scottish football unless the above bodies disband, alternatively, if you like
being swindled you can also buy a season ticket.:hilarious

Jim44
28-06-2012, 10:14 PM
You really have to congratulate the Huns, not content with making a mess of their own bigot filled cess pit of a club, they have now managed to take the rest of Scottish football with them. Im aware our own clubs seem to be assuming the position but

i absolutely hate you, bunch of buckie drinking, fake gold wearing, thinking shell suits are a fashion statement, sport socks two for a pound selling, whiney nasal talking, watch your car mister saying, no toothed, scurvy ridden, wearing a cap on the peak of your head, chippy every night for your tea, work shy, benefit cheating, bassas

I share your opinion of the huns to the letter but I think they are only indirectly responsible for the imminent demise of Scottish football. The decision to parachute them into Div. 1 is the product of the three associations and the unprincipled charlatans of every SPL club. Yes, the behaviour of RFC instigated the whole affair but it was within the power of the doormats to apply the appropriate sanctions. They had a golden opportunity to break the duopoly of the ugly sisters once and for all. They have failed miserably. Try venting your anger on them.

Saorsa
28-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Has anyone that's emailed Hibs about this had a reply yet? :dunno:no yet but tae be fair expect one. It will change nothing until I get the reply I want. Begging letters cut nae ice with me.

Falkirk Hibby
28-06-2012, 10:20 PM
For the love of god, I hope there isn't any substance to this, although there certainly appears to be......my last game could be the cup final! wonderful. :grr:

Mon Dieu4
28-06-2012, 10:24 PM
I share your opinion of the huns to the letter but I think they are only indirectly responsible for the imminent demise of Scottish football. The decision to parachute them into Div. 1 is the product of the three associations and the unprincipled charlatans of every SPL club. Yes, the behaviour of RFC instigated the whole affair but it was within the power of the doormats to apply the appropriate sanctions. They had a golden opportunity to break the duopoly of the ugly sisters once and for all. They have failed miserably. Try venting your anger on them.

don't worry as a season ticket holder of 17 years i have sent Hibs an email expressing my views albeit a more eloquent one at this stage, like many others i have pumped thousands of pounds into Hibs over the years for little or no return other than they were my team

now im not neive enough to think they really care about anything other than my cash at the end of the day but for them to confirm it in this manner has me absolutely shell shocked

as for the governing bodies we all knew they were institutionally corrupt but their bullying words and blatant disregard for their own rules really has taken me aback, the sheer scaremongering in that letter to the SFL teams as i said earlier would have put Goebbels to shame

The Harp Awakes
28-06-2012, 10:27 PM
FWIW here's the e-mail I have just sent

To:
Date:
Jun 28 2012, 10:44 PM
Subject:
Latest press allegations re SFL package to save Newco

Dear Mr Petrie

You said a few weeks ago that you cannot put a price on sporting integrity and I, along with many other Hibernian fans, believed you. So I sincerely hope that this evening's press reports about your involvement in a proposed deal to parachute Rangers Newco into Division 1 of the SFL are not true. Sporting integrity surely means that the new "Rangers" should apply for a place in SFL Division 3.

I have had a season ticket for almost 20 years and have renewed for next season. However, I can assure you that if you support this deal on behalf of Hibernian FC then there will be no way back for me. I will pursue other interests rather than attend Easter Road, will seek a refund on my 2012/13 season ticket and will not renew in future.

Kind regards

Very similar to the e-mail I sent.

Sick to the back teeth of this saga. The Scottish football authorities yet again show a complete disregard for the opinions of ordinary supporters. It was the same with the proposal for a 10 team SPL last year. They will claim again they are acting for the benefit of Scottish football but the reality is that Scottish football will already have died if these morons get their way. Supporters of virtually all SPL and SFL Clubs will walk over this no doubt and many will never come back.

Westie1875
28-06-2012, 10:30 PM
My email to RP.

As a committed supporter of Hibernian FC and season ticket holder who has renewed for season 2012/13 I feel compelled to advise you of my feelings in relation to media reports this evening which have greatly alarmed me and many other Scottish football supporters.

Last week you released a statement confirming Hibernian FC's refusal to vote Sevco into the SPL for season 2012/13 on the grounds that sporting integrity is "beyond purchase". When I read this statement I was proud of the clubs stance and happy that I had renewed my season ticket.

Tonight reports are circulating that the SPL clubs and you in particular are involved in a plan to parachute Sevco into the first division for season 2012/13, these reports also state that if this fails then an SPL2 will be set up instead which will ultimately have the same impact. This to me seems like blackmail which is disgusting behaviour if true. In recent years other clubs have been punished (Livingston & Gretna) severely by demotion to the 3rd division or lower! How can it be fair that Sevco are treated differently for crimes which are far worse? This is a club which has cheated over a number of years and failed to pay huge tax bills whilst our own club has made the necessary cuts while the product on the pitch and footballing success has suffered.

Hibernian are at a crossroads right now, after a horrific few years on the pitch patience is wearing thin for many supporters. If it turns out to be true that you support these plans and are indeed involved in plotting to put Sevco into the first division or an SPL 2 then the club will lose many paying customers and our own product will suffer even further while you assist in the preservation of cheats. I myself will ask for a refund on my 2012/13 season ticket and will not support the club financially any longer if it comes to pass that you and Hibs support this. What is the point in competing in a corrupt sport/league when the authorities in this country will bend over backwards to help certain clubs because of their size? Ask yourself what would happen if it were Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen in this situation? Would there be talk and threats of league reconstruction to help us out? I don't think so.

According to you "sporting integrity is beyond purchase", if you really believe this then please share your opinion on the latest developments.

frazeHFC
28-06-2012, 10:33 PM
My email to RP.

As a committed supporter of Hibernian FC and season ticket holder who has renewed for season 2012/13 I feel compelled to advise you of my feelings in relation to media reports this evening which have greatly alarmed me and many other Scottish football supporters.

Last week you released a statement confirming Hibernian FC's refusal to vote Sevco into the SPL for season 2012/13 on the grounds that sporting integrity is "beyond purchase". When I read this statement I was proud of the clubs stance and happy that I had renewed my season ticket despite a horrific previous season during which Hibernian fans patience was severely tested.

Tonight reports are circulating that the SPL clubs and you in particular are involved in a plan to parachute Sevco into the first division for season 2012/13, these reports also state that if this fails then an SPL2 will be set up instead which will ultimately have the same impact. This to me seems like blackmail which is disgusting behaviour if true. In recent years other clubs have been punished (Livingston & Gretna) severely by demotion to the 3rd division or lower! How can it be fair that Sevco are treated differently for crimes which are far worse? This is a club which has cheated over a number of years and failed to pay huge tax bills whilst our own club has made the necessary cuts while the product on the pitch and footballing success has suffered.

Hibernian are at a crossroads right now, after a horrific few years on the pitch patience is wearing thin for many supporters. If it turns out to be true that you support these plans and are indeed involved in plotting to put Sevco into the first division or an SPL 2 then the club will lose many paying customers and our own product will suffer even further while you assist in the preservation of cheats. I myself will ask for a refund on my 2012/13 season ticket and will not support the club financially any longer if it comes to pass that you and Hibs support this. What is the point in competing in a corrupt sport/league when the authorities in this country will bend over backwards to help certain clubs because of their size? Ask yourself what would happen if it were Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen in this situation? Would there be talk and threats of league reconstruction to help us out? I don't think so.

According to you "sporting integrity is beyond purchase", if you really believe this then please share your opinion on the latest developments.

Nice one. :aok:

HibbyAndy
28-06-2012, 10:33 PM
My email to RP.

Last week you released a statement confirming Hibernian FC's refusal to vote Sevco into the SPL for season 2012/13 on the grounds that sporting integrity is "beyond purchase". When I read this statement I was proud of the clubs stance and happy that I had renewed my season ticket despite a horrific previous season during which Hibernian fans patience was severely tested.

Spot on L :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
28-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Very well said, Westie, and your point about Livingston is an important one. They were sent to SFL 3 yet weren't even liquidated. Where is the justice, and surely they will take legal action if Rangers end up in SFL 1?

It's a complete farce and is thoroughly corrupt.

frazeHFC
28-06-2012, 10:37 PM

And you won't be the only one saying that! :aok:

Jim44
28-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Does anybody really think the club will respond to all these requests for a refund of season ticket money? I think the unprincipled charlatans will politely tell you to get lost.

essexhibee
28-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Thoughtout this whole situation one thing has always astonished me - how rangers fans feel it everyone else bar themselves at fault for the situation they are in in.

I sincerely hope that the SFL clubs vote no to this proposed plan.

ehf
28-06-2012, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=frazeHFC;3278884]And you won't be the only one saying that! :aok:[/QUOTE

Realise I'm in a tiny minority here, but I think that in all the circs, this is a pragmatic solution and a victory of sorts for sporting integrity compared th Hun Newco being admitted to the SPL, which I always feared would happen. And the Huns' troubles are still far from over...

Beefster
28-06-2012, 10:59 PM
If this is true (and it will be), Petrie's shown once and for all that he can't be trusted. I'm fed up being taken for a mug by those in charge at the club.

ScottB
28-06-2012, 11:01 PM

Realise I'm in a tiny minority here, but I think that in all the circs, this is a pragmatic solution and a victory of sorts for sporting integrity compared th Hun Newco being admitted to the SPL, which I always feared would happen. And the Huns' troubles are still far from over...

Yes they are.

This says that the SPL can only go one season without them. Heaven and Earth will be moved to make sure they are back in the SPL the next season. They may as well just start straight in the SPL again. There will be no further punishments for their fraud and decade of cheating.

There is no integrity in this. They are a brand new club, starting at anything other than the bottom is a joke. Starting at the bottom isn't a punishment, starting anywhere else is a gift to them. A 'congratulations on all your fraud and cheating, welcome back and hope we aren't causing you too much trouble' message that will kill this game stone dead and deservedly so.

Westie1875
28-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Does anybody really think the club will respond to all these requests for a refund of season ticket money? I think the unprincipled charlatans will politely tell you to get lost.

Who knows, if you don't ask you don't get. Hopefully Hibs and the other clubs show some bottle and we won't need to ask the question.

HFC 0-7
28-06-2012, 11:20 PM

Its strange you mention solutions and victory of sorts. The problem here is that there should not be solutions or victories. This situation should have been dealt with by the rule book. The rule book says they can't get in and they should apply to the sfl in division 3. There should not be votes and restructures, it should never have come to this.

What you are accepting here is still corruption and in many ways cheating, just not as badly as you had first feared.

Captain Trips
28-06-2012, 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=ehf;3278904]

Its strange you mention solutions and victory of sorts. The problem here is that there should not be solutions or victories. This situation should have been dealt with by the rule book. The rule book says they can't get in and they should apply to the sfl in division 3. There should not be votes and restructures, it should never have come to this.

What you are accepting here is still corruption and in many ways cheating, just not as badly as you had first feared.

Correct, rules are in place for such things it was a rather simple process to apply them... oh but not if it is Rangers. Sham on the 4th of July.

Newco should be happy if they get into Div 3 as rules will need looked at for them to get in there.

grunt
28-06-2012, 11:38 PM
They are a brand new club, starting at anything other than the bottom is a joke. Yes but with the significant difference that they have a weekly paying customer base of 40,000 plus, and a global viewing public in the tens or hundreds of thousands. The former makes them marketable locally, the latter means they have a value in the TV market. Which makes them different from every other Scottish club bar one. And which means that other clubs (and Chairmen) realise the value in their remaining in plain sight.

JohnStephens91
28-06-2012, 11:41 PM
My email to RP.

Last week you released a statement confirming Hibernian FC's refusal to vote Sevco into the SPL for season 2012/13 on the grounds that sporting integrity is "beyond purchase". When I read this statement I was proud of the clubs stance and happy that I had renewed my season ticket.

Well said, hopefully you can get your response!

Captain Trips
28-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes but with the significant difference that they have a weekly paying customer base of 40,000 plus, and a global viewing public in the tens or hundreds of thousands. The former makes them marketable locally, the latter means they have a value in the TV market. Which makes them different from every other Scottish club bar one. And which means that other clubs (and Chairmen) realise the value in their remaining in plain sight.

What comes first is there is a structure in the leagues ie you are where you are through results, that has to always be first and foremost what individual clubs bring to table cannot ever be put in front of that.

IWasThere2016
28-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Who knows, if you don't ask you don't get. Hopefully Hibs and the other clubs show some bottle and we won't need to ask the question.

You're probably in some 'cooling off' period and can get a refund. The ticket is unused also..

Pete
28-06-2012, 11:53 PM
This is all back to front. Without the member clubs these organisations are nothing. Who on earth are they to try and blackmail anybody?
The SFA/SPL/SFL have basically bent the rules for one club and behaved like cornered rats when it looked like their cashflow was under threat. They can do or vote how they want but it's over for me regardless. I like watching sport.
Football at any level in Scotland will always be tainted as they are part of the same pyramid.
The only thing that will get me interested again is if all the relevant clubs tell them where to go and break away. Stuff the SFA, national team, hampden and the scottish cup. Stuff the SPL...who are they anyway? Stuff the SFL and their trophies.
Stranger and more daring things have happened than clubs forming their own, breakaway structures in sport.

If this gets forced through I simply can't support or contribute to anything these three organisations do in any way again.

brydekirk
28-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Me too, but I want a fight before I give up and walk away!!

Correct, we are not at fault here, dont take it out on the team you love.

The Green Goblin
29-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Radio 5 live reports that the SFL have denied any agreement has been reached about Rangers coming into Division One.

That's not what people are alleging. The leaked document would appear to be something to half persuade / half force them to "accept" an agreement. It may not have been presented to them yet?

The Green Goblin
29-06-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm coming round to the idea of keeping Rangers half alive as a first division plaything, with the promise of more punishments, not being able to sign players and probably further demotion.

To me it beats just allowing them back as a totally new club at the bottom, being able to sign who they want and escaping any further punishment on ongoing investigations.

Well, the sun is always shining in your world and no mistake :-) But I have to disagree with your post above. The punishment should fit the crime and no single club should be above the rules, especially one that has committed the crimes that this one has.

brydekirk
29-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Aye, just like the team we have been watching for the last 5 yrs, soft . Don't give in so easy to these fuds.

JohnStephens91
29-06-2012, 12:19 AM
This is my e-mail that is being sent to every SFL club, finished the 3rd division now!

I have grown up with the effects of having Rangers cheat their way to success, many times I sat and watched on the terraces of the old East Stand at Easter Road and seen Rangers run riot over Hibs or narrowly defeat our hard working players. As it has transpired recently every success recently has been done by running up huge amounts of debt and effectively cheating their way to glory.

Elsewhere clubs up and down the country and right through the league set-up in Scotland have had to cut their costs accordingly, all the while we have been faced with the mammoth task of competing against Rangers and Celtic with one of them cheating. Whether it has been a cup tie or a league game, Rangers robbed us, and now they are dead and gone.

However we face a fight for justice and integrity against the Sevco 5088 FC from skipping Divisions which your club have fought their way through on a strict budget. This team have no audited accounts, do not have a full squad and effectively have no youth system. They are only a football team by name, and they do not deserve to have the chance to skip through divisions that every other team of the 30 in the SFL presently fight hard to survive in and compete in for promotion.

We have watched the rightful punishments dished out to Gretna, Livingston and Aidrieonians and also seen Dundee punished for going into administration. Sevco 5088 FC should not be treated any differently. As I have mentioned previously, they are not a football club and do not even meet any requirements. Justice must be served to them and it must be served with the equality of past punishments.

Fans of the SPL clubs all stand united and steadfast in their belief in integrity and it appears that our own chairmen may have sold us short, personally I have the belief that the SFL clubs will not betray their own fans in the same way. They have watched the respective teams fight in the SFL for the major goal of promotion and to have Sevco skip divisions will have a profound effect. I believe that together we can all make the game greater for everyone in Scotland if we all stand united.

The fans of Hibernian definitely have your backing if you decide to vote against the proposals to allow Sevco to saunter into the First Division and I’m sure this will resonate throughout the fan base of other SPL clubs. We must all fight for what is fair, and what is fair is rightful punishments and the rightful means of process for the application of a new member club into the bottom tier of Scottish football.

Yours faithfully,
John Stephens

brydekirk
29-06-2012, 12:26 AM
You read it here first folks-how can you be surprised?

EASY, don't let the bams in

frazeHFC
29-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Now they are (allegedly) threatening to blackmail the SFL teams:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/108457-spl-threaten-breakaway-league-if-sfl-clubs-do-not-agree-to-rangers-plans/

If true, it is a disgrace - all to save the cheating Huns. And the SPL chairmen are a bunch of snakes if they have even contemplated this in the circumstances.

If anything, this whole Newco scenario has brought the non-Old Firm fans together.

I have been raging at the huns as usual today, but i didn't even know about this! Absolute farce, we are not a footballing country, it's just a fix. If this goes ahead then it'll be golf on a Saturday for me. I have said i don't think i could walk away, but i would not be willing to go watch us 'compete' in a league with those clowns in charge.

ScottB
29-06-2012, 12:53 AM
I see we've issued a late night statement.

That we are ready to vote Rangers out now, but that what happens to them after that is up to 'other bodies,' which doesn't fill me with confidence. Does sound like we are being prepped for Rangers in Division 1 next season.

Saorsa
29-06-2012, 12:56 AM
I see we've issued a late night statement.

That we are ready to vote Rangers out now, but that what happens to them after that is up to 'other bodies,' which doesn't fill me with confidence. Does sound like we are being prepped for Rangers in Division 1 next season.a passing the buck statement IMO if ever there was one :agree:

If they end up in the 1st division it will be with the complicity of the SPL and 1st division clubs, nae mistake.

It wisnae us, it was them :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
29-06-2012, 01:13 AM
a passing the buck statement IMO if ever there was one :agree:

If they end up in the 1st division it will be with the complicity of the SPL and 1st division clubs, nae mistake.

Indeed, well if we are all about integrity then surely if SFL clubs let them in we should say a club who has not earned right to play in Division 1 cannot be promoted to the SPL.

frazeHFC
29-06-2012, 01:19 AM
What happens with all the debt? Surely it's not written off just cos they form as a new company?

TrickyNicky
29-06-2012, 01:35 AM
What happens with all the debt? Surely it's not written off just cos they form as a new company?

Shut up Fraze, stop moaning, go to work and pay tax to pay off Rangers's debt to society.

Know your place!

They are the peepul !:wink:

easteroad
29-06-2012, 02:22 AM
TBH, whether they do it or not is irrelevant.
The fact that they are considering it or worse still, threatening it, is enough for me.
It's not Rangers I want shot of - it's these bunch of spineless morons.
Endsville.
They can stick them back in the s.peepul.el INTEGRITY will spend my money elsewhere

bighairyfaeleith
29-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Indeed, well if we are all about integrity then surely if SFL clubs let them in we should say a club who has not earned right to play in Division 1 cannot be promoted to the SPL.

This is what should happen but ofcourse it wont because the SPL are behind this move

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

cockneymike
29-06-2012, 04:32 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120629/club-statement_2262950_2826110

This statement from the club is dated 29th June. My interpretation is "If we boot them out the SPL, what happens after that is nothing to do with us, so don't blame us if the SFL let them into Div1."

Which if it were a correct reading, would be nonsense. As the SPL are doing everything they can to make it easier for NewHun to get back to SPL in 1 year.

I fear this stitch up is well and truly on.

Steve20
29-06-2012, 04:45 AM
anyone of you realy care who'l be playing for hibs next season now? i certainly dont

Yes because I'm a Hibs fan and Hibs doing well means more to me than another club suffering.

joe breezy
29-06-2012, 04:49 AM
Latest developments and the slowness to kick the huns out of fitba.

Time for change.

Hibs fans to start a new Hibs playing out of Meadowbank.

Fans off other disgruntled clubs could start their own team. A national competition free from greed and the SFA.

Wimbledon and Man u fans shown it can be done.

It may sound a pipe dream but back in 1875 it wasn't easy to get our club formed. The same cheating that exsisted back then still exsists now.

Time for change.

Each share in the new club would be £10. Room for all pissed off Hibs Fans.

The fans are Hibs. Not Farmer and Petrie.

Time to be brave. It won't be easy but Scottish Fitba is about to die.

I would be happy to do this - if there really will be a pyramid system then we could get back in bigger leagues in a few years as well

Onion
29-06-2012, 04:51 AM
a passing the buck statement IMO if ever there was one :agree:

:agree: Just read it and I'm a little annoyed. So Hibs would have us to believe that, as a member club of the SPL, they have no say whatsoever in the way that Sevco are dealt with and "it will be for other bodies to decide " at what level Rangers might be accommodated within Scottish football. Yet, the SPL are threatening the SFL that they will set up a second tier SPL2 if Sevco do not start in Div 1 next season, and that Sevco will start in SPL2 ???? I can only presume that this last part is totally untrue, otherwise Hibs would be lying to Hibs fans.

Oh dear :roll eyes:

Just picked this off the BBC site....

"It is understood Rangers chief executive Green has been "briefed" by Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie on the plans to gain their approval. All changes have to be approved by SPL and SFL clubs over the next few days. The plans require the support of eight SPL clubs and a majority of SFL clubs to be passed."

But according to Hibs its up to some "other bodies" !!

mcvie7
29-06-2012, 05:21 AM
If the Newco get into Div 1, I also couldnt give a toss who we sign - Scottish football will be dead to me.

Bending, twisting and rushing through new rules / set ups for the immediate benefit of 1 club - absolute farce.

Where were the rule changes etc for Gretna, or Livi..... :confused::rolleyes:

This is beginning to annoy me this kind of statement. Right this is not what we want as Football fans but Hibs done the right thing by stating they are going to vote no what more do you want from your club? This whole people not going back to Easter Road if Newco in 1st division is just a joke this is the time when your club needs you most I think it's just an easy way out for fans to say this.

PaulC
29-06-2012, 05:32 AM
I am getting so bored and fed up with this situation that I am fast approaching the stage that Scottish Football can 'do one' regardless. Why are we subjected to constant attempts to pervert the course of true justice and let events take their course based on the rules and regulations that currently exist. We all know Scottish Football is poor so lets give it a try without the old Firm stranglehold and if it dies so be it........help out NewHunCo and it will die anyway......lets just get to the end game now and let people decide if they want to follow Scottish Football or not.......truely bored with it all now

cad
29-06-2012, 05:43 AM
I keep wondering whats going to happen next ,heres a few things Ive seen this morning from around the papers and noticeboards

From KDS

So they could shaft as many as 14 of their clubs over to accommodate a group of investors with no history in football, their club with no history,
no credit history, no players, and who have never had a team, of fulfilled a fixture, ever.
Sporting integrity in Scottish football is no less wiped out whether Sevco start in the SPL, Div1, or even Div3 this coming season.
They need to earn entry into the Scottish Football system like any new club would. The authorities are still trying to burn their own house down, and its only fans trying to stop them.

Game 'loses £16m' if Rangers drop to third division

Richard Wilson

In a document circulated to all 30 SFL teams, the prospect of an SPL2 is described as "not currently supported by the SFA", while Rangers being terminated or suspended will lead to "complete financial meltdown".
The details, revealed on the STV website, in effect urge SFL clubs to vote for Rangers being accommodated in the first division next season, probably by way of being relegated by the SPL. With Rangers remaining in the top flight having already been discounted because of the number of clubs prepared to vote against that scenario, SFL clubs will have to decide between merging the two leagues, gaining play-offs between the top two divisions and improved long-term finances, against putting Rangers into the third division, which would put the annual settlement fee at risk and also not lead to league reconstruction. However, the Falkirk manager, Steven Pressley, said he would be "disgusted" if the SFL did not push for more radical change in return for the Ibrox club being accommodated in the first division. The agreement would include an additional £1m in television money for first division clubs and greater wealth redistribution in the Scottish game, but Pressley believes it is an opportunity to push for a whole new set-up.
"Once again, we would have shirked a terrific opportunity to completely revolutionise our game and take it forward through reconstruction," Pressley said. "I believe these proposals have been drafted solely to get Rangers into the second tier, not to find a solution which is best for the overall game in Scotland.
"This is not even about Rangers. This is about how the clubs deal with being forced to change and whether they grasp the chance to do something special. The SFL will never have a better opportunity to force change than they do now and if they give up the chance for change for a play-off place and a small amount of extra money then they have sold the supporters down the river.

The Scotsman

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers-newco-malcolm-murray-decries-blood-lust-aimed-at-green-1-2383203

I wonder how this will all end , is it all a big game of poker a game of bluff and double bluff, could Norton and Kaspersky get rid of the virus within
Scottish Football,are you starting to get bored out of your tits with this entire scenario,will Hibs supporters do walking away ,see you after the graft today for another exciting episode of " Rangers In Administration " a supporters thoughts .

Callum_62
29-06-2012, 05:50 AM
This is beginning to annoy me this kind of statement. Right this is not what we want as Football fans but Hibs done the right thing by stating they are going to vote no what more do you want from your club? This whole people not going back to Easter Road if Newco in 1st division is just a joke this is the time when your club needs you most I think it's just an easy way out for fans to say this.

Cant say I agree.

If the rules are changed for the sole purpose to ease ONE clubs pain, the game is effectively a bogey.

It becomes bigger than 'supporting Hibs' IMHO.

If I continue to fund Hibs, what am I funding exactly? There participation in a corrupt, one sided league....why would I want to do that?

Hibs did do the right thing by saying "no," however, do you think they have been taken by surprise by the supposed document holding a hypothetical gun to the SFL clubs head on accepting Sevco to Div 1?

I highly doubt they have been.

Part/Time Supporter
29-06-2012, 05:59 AM

At an informal meeting of SPL clubs held at Hampden Park yesterday, the views of Hibernian FC were represented by Chairman Rod Petrie. The Chairman articulated very clearly that the Club is ready and willing to cast its vote on the transfer of the Rangers share in the SPL at the formal meeting of clubs on 4 July.

The Chairman made the point that the vote should proceed without any further delay and that Hibernian FC will vote against the share transfer. The resolution will fail if four other clubs vote against it or abstain. If as a result of the vote on 4 July the Rangers newco is not voted into the SPL then it will be for other bodies to decide if and at what level Rangers might be accommodated within Scottish football.

Totally disingenuous statement. It's what it doesn't say that matters.

What is Hibs' attitude towards changing the financial distributions (which requires an 11-1 majority in the SPL clubs) to provide £1million to SFL1 with "Rangers"?

What is Hibs' attitude towards the creation of "SPL2" if the SFL does not agree to the "Rangers in SFL1" proposal?

McSwanky
29-06-2012, 06:02 AM
Just read that document on the STV website... I more that 'fans are lost to the game forever' only appears in option 5. That point should be in options 1, 3 and 4 as well. These people will be as complicit as the Hun cheats in destroying our game.

Mon Dieu4
29-06-2012, 06:05 AM

This statement from the club is dated 29th June. My interpretation is "If we boot them out the SPL, what happens after that is nothing to do with us, so don't blame us if the SFL let them into Div1."

Which if it were a correct reading, would be nonsense. As the SPL are doing everything they can to make it easier for NewHun to get back to SPL in 1 year.

I fear this stitch up is well and truly on.

Reeks of a big boy did it and ran away, account for the most one sided document I've ever seen being sent to the SFL teams which obviously got the ok to be released.

joe breezy
29-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Just read that document on the STV website... I more that 'fans are lost to the game forever' only appears in option 5. That point should be in options 1, 3 and 4 as well. These people will be as complicit as the Hun cheats in destroying our game.

No Rangers, lose 25% of fans

Accommodate Sevco5088, lose 75% of fans

IWasThere2016
29-06-2012, 06:12 AM

Our Chairman has spoken of sporting integrity whilst (it appears) he has orchestrated change to our game which lacks integrity. NewCo have been given lenient and preferential treatment thus - rightly IMHO - leaving many fans (Hibs and others) to question the credibility of any form of integrity in our game. I have principles - it appears many others have also - I am not about to develop another set of principles when its convenient to do so. NewCo in Div 1 is insufficient punishment, and unacceptable to me.

joe breezy
29-06-2012, 06:14 AM

I would have agreed with you 2 days ago but now Rod Petrie is trying to broker deals to keep Charles Green and Sevco happy

If Hibs are involved in a successful attempt to get Rangers into Division 1 I'll never go to a Hibs game again

Not unless a new club is started by the fans

CallumLaidlaw
29-06-2012, 06:22 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/rangers-newco-even-third-division-will-object-to-club-s-presence-1-2382349

Bobo
29-06-2012, 06:26 AM
I think it's just an easy way out for fans to say this.

Well it will have taken me 40 odd years to have found "the easy way out" then!

This whole farce has gone past the point where the principles (or lack of them) of individual clubs doesn't matter anymore. Scottish Football is corrupt and sporting fair play doesn't exist in the eyes of it's governing bodies, our game is dead in the water and fans are right to walk away if they choose to do so.

Mon Dieu4
29-06-2012, 06:30 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/rangers-newco-even-third-division-will-object-to-club-s-presence-1-2382349

I now really like the Morton Chairman, he is spot on

Dr Jimmy
29-06-2012, 06:33 AM

Great article and absolutely bang on the money with his views.

Lucius Apuleius
29-06-2012, 06:33 AM
My opinion is that I shall wait until all the above is confirmed before casting judgement. I was going through to buy a season ticket today but shall now wait till next week. Is Petrie something in the SPL or SF A? I can never remember and another reason there should ony be one body. If he is SFA then he has possibly been mandated to say what he did. Loss of face from his integrity position obviously. Anyway, we shall see what transpires. If Scotsman report is true then they are goosed. That in my opinion is what will happen. Until something concrete comes out about that statement I am not believing it.

DaveF
29-06-2012, 06:34 AM

Some excellent, nail on head quotes from Morton chairman Douglas Rae in that article:

Rae added: “There has been a lot of pious talk about sporting integrity. Where’s the integrity of a club going into administration, liquidation, getting rid of its debts and just dropping down one tier of football? I don’t see any integrity in that. It’s easy to talk about integrity but I regret to say there’s not much of it around in Scottish football right now.

“Rangers have admitted they should be punished because they have cheated consistently over the last number of years. They have tried to steal a march on other clubs. As a result, they have to receive the same punishment any other club would have got.

“If this was Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Kilmarnock in the same position as Rangers, for example, there wouldn’t be the same guff as we’ve gone through over the last few months. I saw Charles Green suggest the SFA should be sitting down with them and discussing their punishment. That’s like saying someone accused of a driving offence or burglary should sit down with the judge and decide what sentence they get.”

calamitus
29-06-2012, 06:41 AM
I would have agreed with you 2 days ago but now Rod Petrie is trying to broker deals to keep Charles Green and Sevco happy

If Hibs are involved in a successful attempt to get Rangers into Division 1 I'll never go to a Hibs game again

Not unless a new club is started by the fans

I totally understand why people are threatening not to come back if DH get in to division 1, but if crowds drop next season, all that's going to look like to the outside world is - they got relegated from the SPL, and SPL crowds dropped. The hun-friendly elements of the media will sieze on this as evidence of a lack of interest in a hun-free SPL.

shagpile
29-06-2012, 06:42 AM

Two things wrong with your last sentence.
1, It is NOT an easy way out for people. Many will have had season tickets for most of their lives & to see them say they will not be back is evidence enough that there is very strong feelings on this whole affair & its probable [fixed] outcome.
2, You didn't think before you posted that last sentence.

joe breezy
29-06-2012, 06:46 AM
That is the best thing I've read from anyone in Scottish football so far.

IWasThere2016
29-06-2012, 06:48 AM
[/U]

Two things wrong with your last sentence.
1, It is NOT an easy way out for people. Many will have had season tickets for most of their lives & to see them say they will not be back is evidence enough that there is very strong feelings on this whole affair & its probable [fixed] outcome.
2, You didn't think before you posted that last sentence.

:agree: and some will have to explain this to their kids!

NAE NOOKIE
29-06-2012, 06:52 AM

Im not sure thats its " just an easy way out " I'm prepared to think that folk are angry enough to chuck it over this. but I think they are wrong.

But apart from that I totally agree with you.

This whole situation has gotten totally out of control. It seems to me that seeing them get a doing has become more important than the game itsself .... more important than Hibs.

Folk are saying we wont have sporting integrity ...... but as far as I can see that is now exactly what we will have in the future, irrespective of what happens to the newco.

It started as no new rangers in the SPL and when we got that it then became, they must start in the 3rd division, for some its nothing less than no rangers at all.

When all this started my hope was we would end up with a fair league, with a fair share of the money and a fair voting system.

As far as I can see we will have that and for certain no club will dare to ever cheat on the massive scale they did ever again. But, instead of being pleased about that and accepting that this could be a bright new future for Scottish football folk have become obsessed with rangers starting in div3.

I want to see that too ...... But I am not prepared to spit the dummy and chuck away what could be a fantastic opportunity for the game in this country if I dont get it.

Barney McGrew
29-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Is Petrie something in the SPL or SFA?

He's chairman of the SFA Professional Game Board.

Hibs statement last night is embarrassing. After rightly setting the record straight and for once managing to gauge the feelings of our support perfectly, they're trying to shift the blame of NewHunCo to the SFL and performing a spectacular u-turn that the Tories would be proud of.

They're playing with the future of our club and Scottish football. They should be coming out and making comments similar to Aberdeen have, otherwise it's pretty clear that RP is at worst behind this move, and at best supporting it.

If it's true, then to the current custodians of HFC - shame on you, you're going to kill our club.

Future17
29-06-2012, 07:03 AM
It would have been nice to see the club deny the newspaper reports that RP is facilitating Club 12's parachute into Div 1.

I know you can't deny every newspaper report that comes out or you end up making a rod (pardon the pun) for your own back, but the Club did set a precedent of sorts last season.

Gatecrasher
29-06-2012, 07:06 AM

Hibs statement last night is embarrassing. After rightly setting the record straight and for once managing to gauge the feelings of our support perfectly, they're trying to shift the blame of NewHunCo to the SFL and performing a spectacular u-turn that the Tories would be proud of.

They're playing with the future of our club and Scottish football. They should be coming out and making comments similar to Aberdeen have, otherwise it's pretty clear that RP is at worst behind this move, and at best supporting it.

If it's true, then to the current custodians of HFC - shame on you, you're going to kill our club.
:agree: If true RP's position at ER is untenable, I'm praying the sfl clubs are rejecting this. They could be the saviour to our game.

marinello59
29-06-2012, 07:07 AM

Given that there can be little doubt that the SPL clubs are putting pressure on their SFL counterparts to accomodate Newco it is also dishonest.

Andy74
29-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Im not sure thats its " just an easy way out " I'm prepared to think that folk are angry enough to chuck it over this. but I think they are wrong.

But apart from that I totally agree with you.

This whole situation has gotten totally out of control. It seems to me that seeing them get a doing has become more important than the game itsself .... more important than Hibs.

Folk are saying we wont have sporting integrity ...... but as far as I can see that is now exactly what we will have in the future, irrespective of what happens to the newco.

It started as no new rangers in the SPL and when we got that it then became, they must start in the 3rd division, for some its nothing less than no rangers at all.

When all this started my hope was we would end up with a fair league, with a fair share of the money and a fair voting system.

As far as I can see we will have that and for certain no club will dare to ever cheat on the massive scale they did ever again. But, instead of being pleased about that and accepting that this could be a bright new future for Scottish football folk have become obsessed with rangers starting in div3.

I want to see that too ...... But I am not prepared to spit the dummy and chuck away what could be a fantastic opportunity for the game in this country if I dont get it.
Agree with all that too.

marinello59
29-06-2012, 07:11 AM
:agree: If true RP's position at ER is untenable, I'm praying the sfl clubs are rejecting this. They could be the saviour to our game.

Forcing the SFL clubs to clear up a mess created solely in the SPL is gutless to say the least. I agree with you, if threats have been made to the SFL to form a breakaway second tier if the SPL don't get their own way then Petrie's position at Hibs is untenable, being economical with the truth is totally unacceptable. Hopefully this is cleared up today.

Phil MaGlass
29-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Why, after the clubs have been backed by their own supporters over a NO vote would they throw all that unity away by letting newco in the backdoor.
Dont they understand we are not stupid were not Rangers fans.
I can see fans giving up the game in their thousands if this happens, SPL clubs really should not be contemplating this, if it is true, then I would like to call for the resignation of Petrie. He can GTF.
Scottish fitba the lights are already going out, were missing a massive opportunity to change Scottish fitba for the best but they want to bend over backwards to accomodate a cheating, fraudulant glesga club, who now no longer exist, it defies belief it really does.

Scottish fitba is now on the edge, if newco are allowed into a revamped SPL2 then that will definitely be the one thing that pushes Scottish fitba over ,the real Final Nail In The Coffin.
The END IS NEAR and I for one dont wish to be part of a corrupt system which helps cheats, conmen and bigots.

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2012, 07:16 AM
The reason it started as no rangers in the SPL, was because they were going into administration. Once that changed and they were liquidated its changed to applying again at the bottom tier, why is it so hard for some folk to understand?

All we want is them treated like we would be treated, is that wrong?

I love how we are looking for an easy way out, thats a cracker. :rolleyes:

Barney McGrew
29-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Forcing the SFL clubs to clear up a mess created solely in the SPL is gutless to say the least. I agree with you, if threats have been made to the SFL to form a breakaway league if the SPL don't get their own way then Petrie's position at Hibs is untenable, being economical with the truth is totally unacceptable. Hopefully this is cleared up today.

I'm not going to hold my breath, but unless they come out with a follow up statement that is unequivocal in it's belief that Sevco have to follow the same rules as everyone else i.e. apply for membership rather than being parachuted in to SFL1 then i think it could be the final nail in the coffin for the current board. Anything else will - IMO - show that they support the move.

Over to you Petrie and Lindsay.

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Forcing the SFL clubs to clear up a mess created solely in the SPL is gutless to say the least. I agree with you, if threats have been made to the SFL to form a breakaway second tier if the SPL don't get their own way then Petrie's position at Hibs is untenable, being economical with the truth is totally unacceptable. Hopefully this is cleared up today.

:agree: We need to hear from our leader, we need to hear just what is going on, and if he's in favour of this stitch up?

lord bunberry
29-06-2012, 07:24 AM

What I don't understand from that statement is if its nothing to do with us what happens after they are refused entry to the spl why are the spl offering a £1m bribe to first division teams to broadcast rangers games and offering play offs next season and then making threats if they don't vote for it. Were being lied to by the people we thought we could trust sporting integrity my **** tbh I've had enough of the whole sorry mess

bythecringe
29-06-2012, 07:27 AM
That is the best thing I've read from anyone in Scottish football so far.

Until I read this article I was convinced Scottish football was totally corrupt and as good as dead. Clearly not all club officials are as two faced as our Rod. Sporting integrity my @??? Rod is supposed to be a business man. I don't know of any business that disregards the feelings of its customers (ok other than some major banks) as Hibs are doing. The SPL has been shown to be based on a flawed business model where nobody else can survive unless Rangers and Celtic are top dogs. Frankly the SPL does not deserve to survive. I prefer a future where integrity triumphs over money and more power to clubs like Morton.

Moulin Yarns
29-06-2012, 07:44 AM
I've taken my time, making sure i understand the BBC report on the 'plan' to get Rangers into the SFL1.

My take on it is that it's been 'released' by a club and wasn't official, until STV reported the document as sent to the clubs.

And the BBC 'understands' Green and Petrie met to talk about it. That, IMHO is pure speculation, as it was reported that Green was trying to meet all SPL chairmen for whatever reason. I think this is the BBC trying to read more into one meeting than others.

The whole 'clubs must decide in the next few days' guff is just sacremongering. This situation has been brewing for months, and while clubs are coming out with their views now, I think most have made up their minds on the situation having weighed up all the pros and cons.

The meeting on Tuesday of the SFL clubs will be intersting as I think there will be some soul searching based on the 'plan'. Those that feel they will miss out on promotion of 'gers are in their division against those that see the short term benefit of financial gain.

The one thing that hasn't been proposed in all of this is a round table discussion of all the SPL, SFL, SFA and every member club, to agree on the outcome of old rangers and new rangers. We know that, as thing stand, according to the rules of the game in Scotland that neither version can play in the SPL, and need to apply for the SFL. What we don't know is if they have applied, yet.

Interesting times and it will be fun to see how it pans out, with the Newco having to prove they are 'fit and proper' which I think might prove difficult.

Have agood weekend folks :greengrin

calmac12000
29-06-2012, 07:48 AM
This latest "leaked" proposal just about does it for me. If these are accepted Scottish football is nothing more than a sham. A sham I can promise will not benefit one bit from me.

HFC07
29-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Rangers FC is not Scottish football, this NEWCO is a completely new team and as such they must have to register as a new company.

this issue couldn't be more simplistic if it tried, Glasgow Rangers FC are no longer....

Any new club wishing entry into the Scottish Football League must apply for permission....

Where is the confusion?

If money is the issue every club must asses their own financial model and adjust them selves accordingly, Scottish football need to show that it is not dependant on Rangers for financial gain,

Tricla
29-06-2012, 07:54 AM
The reason it started as no rangers in the SPL, was because they were going into administration. Once that changed and they were liquidated its changed to applying again at the bottom tier, why is it so hard for some folk to understand?

All we want is them treated like we would be treated, is that wrong?

I love how we are looking for an easy way out, thats a cracker. :rolleyes:

Indeed.

It's this simple.

There's either integrity or none.

It appears to be the latter sadly.

Jack
29-06-2012, 08:01 AM
I wrote this email to Scott Lindsay at half nine last night.

Hi Scott

I am aware that Rod Petrie has met with representatives from rangers old or new, I suspect this is with his SFA hat on.

You will also be only to well aware of the media reports linking Rod with a scheme to drop whoever they are today into the First Division through some sort of deal.

I would be grateful if you could clarify Hibernian FCs position in this, either to me personally, which I would make known more widely unless you ask otherwise, or preferably through a statement from the Club.

There are an awful lot of very angry Hibs supporters out here.

Best wishes

Jack

Sent from my Tab :-)

I received this reply at 1:20 am. I do hope the poor chap got to his bed eventually :agree:

Jack – we have been swamped as you can imagine. The following statement has been released:

“At an informal meeting of SPL clubs held at Hampden Park on Thursday 29 June, the views of Hibernian FC were represented by Chairman Rod Petrie. The Chairman articulated very clearly that the Club is ready and willing to cast its vote on the transfer of the Rangers share in the SPL at the formal meeting of clubs on 4 July. The Chairman made the point that the vote should proceed without any further delay and that Hibernian FC will vote against the share transfer. The resolution will fail if four other clubs vote against it or abstain. If as a result of the vote on 4 July the Rangers newco is not voted into the SPL then it will be for other bodies to decide if and at what level Rangers might be accommodated within Scottish football.”

Jack, I’m sure that you will be aware that Mr Petrie also holds the very senior office of 2nd Vice President of the Scottish FA. Within the Scottish FA he Chairs the Professional Game Board which has been looking at the options for a possible future restructure of the Scottish game for several months. As recently as Sat 23 June, a joint statement was issued on the issue of League Restructure by the Scottish FA, SPL and SFL.

The statement is on the website now. The other information is commonly available.

Regards

Scott

PeterboroHibee
29-06-2012, 08:04 AM
That statement doesnt really tell us anything regarding what came out yesterday, and surely just repeats what we have already heard from the club?

down-the-slope
29-06-2012, 08:06 AM
:agree: We need to hear from our leader, we need to hear just what is going on, and if he's in favour of this stitch up?

:agree: remember 'the BBC understood' that Whyte was mega rich with below the radar wealth....that OldCo had a deal with HMRC for p in the £.....that 1...no 2...no 3...no 4 different bunches of mega rich blue noses would rescue the day....that a slap on the wrist would be given and NewCo happily in SPL....

You get the idea...Avoid the hysterics..keep the pressure on in the same way it was for NewCo SPL application and lets see what actually transpires....

Saorsa
29-06-2012, 08:09 AM
I wrote this email to Scott Lindsay at half nine last night.

I received this reply at 1:20 am. I do hope the poor chap got to his bed eventually :agree:Same rubbish that is on the officail site. Lets hear them deny that deals are being done. If newhun getting in tae the 1st division would be all the fault of the SFL lets hear the SPL saying they will refuse promotion for that team for 3 season anyway.

If it's all rubbish it would be very easy tae clear it up, why allow the situation tae f*ester causing suspicion and mistrust.

steakbake
29-06-2012, 08:11 AM
So has there been a misunderstanding of the role of Petrie here?

For what it's worth, what riles the most is the disingenuous statement issued to SFL chairmen which is nothing short of a staggering propaganda piece.

Bottom line is that the place to accommodate Sevco is an application to rejoin the league structures at the existing entry level. Anything else is shifting the goal posts, loading the dice. Have the blazers forgotten that the old club formerly known as Rangers have ripped off fellow clubs, ripped off the tax authorities to a grand scale and have rigged the game for the best part of 20 years by putting out a fantasy football team paid for illegitimately. This isn't about financial recovery. It's about the state of sport in the country.

We are being sorely let down.

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Was the fall of Scottish Football the 'real' Mayans prediction for 2012?

ronaldo7
29-06-2012, 08:22 AM
My opinion is that I shall wait until all the above is confirmed before casting judgement. I was going through to buy a season ticket today but shall now wait till next week. Is Petrie something in the SPL or SF A? I can never remember and another reason there should ony be one body. If he is SFA then he has possibly been mandated to say what he did. Loss of face from his integrity position obviously. Anyway, we shall see what transpires. If Scotsman report is true then they are goosed. That in my opinion is what will happen. Until something concrete comes out about that statement I am not believing it.

2nd Vice President of the Scottish FA. Within the Scottish FA he Chairs the Professional Game Board

TrinityHibs
29-06-2012, 08:23 AM
I was just wondering could Hibs and Spartans (No offence Spartans) apply to get straight into the Scottish Cup Final next year. There is no precedent for this, in fact its probably at odds with the constitution but it looks like its a time for fundemental change. To be fair I do appreciate that it is different from newhun as both teams have the necessary accounts, run their clubs prudently, are not under investigatioon for fraud, pay their players what they are due, pay any taxes due..........etc. Just think another Edinburgh derby final with two credible teams. That has to be good for the Scottish game.

jonty
29-06-2012, 08:27 AM

:agree: Correct. And if there's a conflict of interest between his club and SFA committments then he needs to decide which hat he's going to be wearing and stick to it.

Jim44
29-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Meaningless generic empty reply which by referring to Petrie's 'very senior position' suggests that his role in the stitch-up is true as reported. I think we've been hoodwinked by his now overused and hollow 'sporting integrity' reference. We've been sold down the river and now that we've reached the estuary, and Petrie has nowhere to hide. It's going to be fascinating to hear, from the man himself, why he is implicit in this scandalous compromise.

matty_f
29-06-2012, 08:34 AM
I think that the wording of the statement is significant. In order for newco to get into the first under the proposals, it requires immediate relegation for oldco Rangers (I don't think oldco can be relegated after the vote as they'll have given up their share).
The statement is very definite about voting no to the newco which then ( imho) implies that the vote will go ahead and the proposal won't.
I think if they vote no first then newco would have to apply for sfl 3 as there's no mechanism to put a new team in sfl 1.

snooky
29-06-2012, 08:34 AM
That statement doesnt really tell us anything regarding what came out yesterday, and surely just repeats what we have already heard from the club?

IMO, it does tell us something in respect to what it doesn't say.
(On the other side, I sincerely hope you're right Matty.)

johnrebus
29-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Meaningless generic empty reply which by referring to Petrie's 'very senior position' suggests that his role in the stitch-up is true as reported. I think we've been hoodwinked by his now overused and hollow 'sporting integrity' reference. We've been sold down the river and now that we've reached the estuary, and Petrie has nowhere to hide. It's going to be fascinating to hear, from the man himself, why he is implicit in this scandalous compromise.

We will have to wait around four months till the next AGM then?

Skanko79
29-06-2012, 08:38 AM
surely the future of our own club competing at the highest level should be at the forefront of your priorities instead of worrying about rangers.

couldnt give a toss about what happens with them.

snooky
29-06-2012, 08:40 AM
We will have to wait around four months till the next AGM then?

...at which time he'll blame Nutsy for the Newco situation and bin him.
Sorted (again). :wink: :greengrin

Cabbage East
29-06-2012, 08:48 AM
surely the future of our own club competing at the highest level should be at the forefront of your priorities instead of worrying about rangers.

Riiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
29-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Am I being naive or is there nothing explicit in Hibs' statement that we should be panicking about? :dunno:

Skanko79
29-06-2012, 08:53 AM
right what??

we were absolutely hideous to watch last season, produced a team on the park that had no fight and passion and were, to be totally honest, rank rotten, and all you read on here is rangers this, rangers that???

All im saying is id much rather spend my time getting behind our team and hoping they produce a far better display on the park than last season and staying in the spl than worrying to the extent that i feel the need to email a board member about my concern about where glasgow rangers will be playing their football next season.

does that not make any sense to you like?

Barney McGrew
29-06-2012, 08:54 AM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/rangers-to-become-a-pub-team-2012062932480

:greengrin

down-the-slope
29-06-2012, 08:54 AM
I think that the wording of the statement is significant. In order for newco to get into the first under the proposals, it requires immediate relegation for oldco Rangers (I don't think oldco can be relegated after the vote as they'll have given up their share).
The statement is very definite about voting no to the newco which then ( imho) implies that the vote will go ahead and the proposal won't.
I think if they vote no first then newco would have to apply for sfl 3 as there's no mechanism to put a new team in sfl 1.

Matty its vital this goes ahead on 4th as agreed..current situation is Rangers FC (IA) still hold share....this application to transfer share needs dealt with (as currently we have a dead club still in SPL) as when it fails (and it had better) the share reverts to SPL to issue to who ever is then invited....

That would leave Rangers FC (IA) effectively dead and with no share

And Sevco 5088 / Scotland (depending on who you believe) holding assets but having no SFA licence and not a league that has agreed to accept them (assuming they have / can apply and by that point can meet the criteria)

Iain G
29-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Am I being naive or is there nothing explicit in Hibs' statement that we should be panicking about? :dunno:

No I think you are being perfectly reasonable! Let's not get all worked up over nothing......yet again :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
29-06-2012, 08:58 AM
:agree: Correct. And if there's a conflict of interest between his club and SFA committments then he needs to decide which hat he's going to be wearing and stick to it.

Does a chairmanship role not usually have a casting vote? Could come in quite handy for Hibs.

Captain Trips
29-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Simple yes or no from Hibs over this matter, have the club or is it involved in this proposal or does it exsist? As you have stated any decision after 4th of July is theirs to make? So surely these reports cannot be accurate.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/108457-spl-threaten-breakaway-league-if-sfl-clubs-do-not-agree-to-rangers-plans/

Will send that off

Part/Time Supporter
29-06-2012, 08:59 AM
right what??

we were absolutely hideous to watch last season, produced a team on the park that had no fight and passion and were, to be totally honest, rank rotten, and all you read on here is rangers this, rangers that???

All im saying is id much rather spend my time getting behind our team and hoping they produce a far better display on the park than last season and staying in the spl than worrying to the extent that i feel the need to email a board member about my concern about where glasgow rangers will be playing their football next season.

does that not make any sense to you like?

Hibs can have good seasons, Hibs can have bad seasons. That's up to the players and manager.

This situation is of fundamental importance - it shows whether Scottish football is sport, or business. Petrie has insisted throughout that it is a sport, but now appears to be behind a stitch-up to protect business. It's appalling.

What do you think would happen to Hibs in this situation?

Jim44
29-06-2012, 09:00 AM

If 'highest level' means a corrupt, deeply sloping playing field with 10 diddy clubs (their words) at the very bottom, you can stuff it. My fear is that there are quite a few with your attitude.

EuanH78
29-06-2012, 09:03 AM
No I think you are being perfectly reasonable! Let's not get all worked up over nothing......yet again :greengrin

Agreed,

I will reserve judgment on Hibs at the minute. I, for one, do not believe Rod Petrie is that stupid or lying to us. In a sense he is right about it being up to the other governing bodies now to decide Sevco's fate. The SPL has said no to Newco, it is now up to the SFL to decide the next move. I am not convinced RP has had anything to do with this 'proposal' but like I said I will reserve judgment till the facts are known.

The whole thing is very murky, that proposal is shameful and if it goes through I think would rightly sound the death knell for Scottish Football. Saying that, I'm not sure it's legit as its so ridiculously unbelievable I just cant get my head round how anybody would think the fans would swallow it?