PDA

View Full Version : Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178

Spike Mandela
25-05-2012, 06:03 PM
On BBC news 24 that Rangers have gone to court over the transfer embargo. How to win friends and influence people. (And attract Uefa's attention)

Just who exactly is paying for all the legal fees in these cases? I thought they were skint?

green glory
25-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Just who exactly is paying for all the legal fees in these cases? I thought they were skint?

The creditors basically. Unless of course it's coming from all those red and black scarf sales. I didn't actually know what the red and black signified till recently.

Bostonhibby
25-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Not in the slightest bit surprised by this news, and I'm sure the HMRC and other authorities are looking into the role of D&P in this sorry affair. Their behavior has gone way beyond trying to get the best deal deal for creditors. It has even gone beyond trying preserve RFC in its current form, with minimal damage, though this seems a key part of their strategy. They were appointed by the Craig Whyte, who was defacto appointed by SDM (one pound sale).

It seems to me that the people responsible for getting the club into this fraudulent mess, are using it as a battered shield to protect themselves.

Very perceptive Bob, a fiddle perceived and hatched way back by all the players you mentioned simply because our system allows it, these guys were probably all in at the start of the conspiracy and fairly sure about getting away with it - why else was it so important that Whyte got D&P appointed at all costs? If only HMRC had got to the court doorstep first!

Whyte, D&P, their favourite lawyers and wherever they get the letters guaranteeing funding from has meant they were probably cocky about swinging the master plan, leaving their suppliers and other genuine creditors with next to nothing whilst they cracked the champagne to celebrate being allowed to shaft the taxman and outwit the SPL/SFA - which my budgie could do.

Where the wheels started to come off is some journos - notably at the Beeb built a proper story even though it took a long time, you never know HMRC might be embarassed into having to do what they would do to all the rest of us immediately, and that is to chase down the maximum recovery they can and certainly get a high profile result in shutting down a dodgy football related avoidance scheme at the same time as getting the actual tax they always should have. There's bricks and mortar worth more than any "offer" if they really want it. If they don't putting this bigotted bankrupt and obviously fraudluent organisation out of business will have a deterrent effect worth billions if they show they actually do mean business.

Hibrandenburg
25-05-2012, 06:15 PM

According to sky they're using the Rangers fighting fund. Quite fitting that the funds collected from their fans might actually contribute to their demise.

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Mark Daly‏@markdaly2

We'll be publishing a bit more of our Duff and Phelps conflict of interest evidence tomorrow. Will be online shortly after midnight

ScottB
25-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Duff and Phelps doing a bit of grandstanding now to try and get the fans back on board after the documentary.

Which in of itself illustrates how pathetic they are at all this. They shouldn't give the slightest crap what the fans think. I note they've long since given up even mentioning the creditors, it's always the fans this or preserving the club that.

down-the-slope
25-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Mark Daly‏@markdaly2

We'll be publishing a bit more of our Duff and Phelps conflict of interest evidence tomorrow. Will be online shortly after midnight

:hyper: come on stop teasing......... will have to stay up now :greengrin

HibeeBigFly
25-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that plan a, b and c masterminded by whyte, Murray, green et all in turmoil and the new plan is to get expelled? What happens with regards to new co if old co is expelled? I take it the creditors receive sweet all.

CropleyWasGod
25-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that plan a, b and c masterminded by whyte, Murray, green et all in turmoil and the new plan is to get expelled? What happens with regards to new co if old co is expelled? I take it the creditors receive sweet all.

The company would be liquidated, and the proceeds from the sale of the assets would be distributed to the creditors.

NAE NOOKIE
25-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Wow ...... Just when you thought the current buns couldnt get any dumber they decide to challenge an SFA ruling in the civil courts.

It was exactly this scenario, as everybody knows ( apart from everybody connected with rangers it would appear ) that got Sion a massive kicking from UEFA and nearly got the Swiss FA banned from even running a pub league.

If theres one thing guaranteed to get UEFA steamed its clubs going to court over their national associations head. The huns are well aware of this and that their actions could get Scottish football clubs kicked out of Europe, but they just dont give a toss.

Any club who votes them back into the SPL on the back of this is just spitting in the face of their own fans.

Relegate them .... and do it now before they do any more damage FFS.

HibeeBigFly
25-05-2012, 07:39 PM
The company would be liquidated, and the proceeds from the sale of the assets would be distributed to the creditors.

Good to know, they have to be expelled then. I just can't figure out why they would challenge the embargo when it would lead to heavy sanctions like what happened with sion.

Jim44
25-05-2012, 07:40 PM

We've probably been over it a dozen times but what are the significant assets? Have I not read that the facade of Ibrox stadium is a listed building. Would this not minimize the value of the property and prevent viable demolishing? Or could an imaginative architect integrate it into blocks of flats or a large shopping mall? What are the other assets?

SBoyd79
25-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Every day seems to raise my hatred for them a touch more. Even speaking to them and it's the whole "not our fault" rubbish that makes it worse

It's fun watching them them squirm but each day there is no punishment makes me think they are a day nearer somehow coming out of this Scott free.

SBoyd79
25-05-2012, 07:42 PM
We've probably been over it a dozen times but what are the significant assets? Have I not read that the facade of Ibrox stadium is a listed building. Would this not mininise the value of the property and prevent viable demolishing? Or could an imaginative architect integrate it into blocks of flats or a large shopping mall? What are the other assets?

Dunno if what they done at highbury would work as it's not the nicest of areas. I'm sure Murray park would go but not 100% sure what other major assets they would have left

CropleyWasGod
25-05-2012, 07:45 PM
We've probably been over it a dozen times but what are the significant assets? Have I not read that the facade of Ibrox stadium is a listed building. Would this not minimize the value of the property and prevent viable demolishing? Or could an imaginative architect integrate it into blocks of flats or a large shopping mall? What are the other assets?

The statue of John Greig must be worth a couple of quid to a scrappy.

Greentinted
25-05-2012, 07:48 PM

It would make a terrific headstone! :chop: :lolrangers:

greenginger
25-05-2012, 07:52 PM

There will be a team playing in blue called Glasgow Rangers mark 2 playing football somewhere around Govan in the years to come.

I would love to be part of a consortium to purchase Ibrox and lease it back, full insuring and repairing of course, to a newly formed Hun F C .

What a fantastic way to draw your pension.Rent reviews every 3 years of course. :greengrin

Scorrie
25-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Does anyone know when next season's fixtures are out? This has to be resolved before then surely. How long are the SFA / SPL / SFL going to give them?

Billy Whizz
25-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Does anyone know when next season's fixtures are out? This has to be resolved before then surely. How long are the SFA / SPL / SFL going to give them?

Fixtures out on Monday 18th June

Brando7
25-05-2012, 08:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iee8EFQeVWE&feature=youtu.be

Just Alf
25-05-2012, 08:57 PM

:top marks

:lolrangers:

DaveF
25-05-2012, 08:57 PM

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Brando7
25-05-2012, 09:04 PM
full interview with Rangers administrator David Grier

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/103109-interview-with-rangers-administrator-over-conflict-of-interest-claims/

SurferRosa
25-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Every day seems to raise my hatred for them a touch more. Even speaking to them and it's the whole "not our fault" rubbish that makes it worse

It's fun watching them them squirm but each day there is no punishment makes me think they are a day nearer somehow coming out of this Scott free.

There is no chance of that happening now.

FIFA/UEFA are absolutely clear on this....civil action against governing body means expulsion. It`s also in the SFAs rules......Rangers ( 1872 ) are history.

Duff and Phelps MUST have known this.....

Gus Fring
25-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Its actually against FIFA regulations.

Article 64

http://i46.tinypic.com/6sct20.jpg

Minder
25-05-2012, 09:24 PM

This one is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE8Aks2Yuvw&feature=related

SurferRosa
25-05-2012, 09:34 PM
They could have ( D&P ) went to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Unless there is a legal reason for not doing so, they could have appealed without sanction from FIFA or UEFA.

D&P chose not to do this but go to the Court of Session. They MUST know the consequences of this.....so it begs the question...why?

green glory
25-05-2012, 09:38 PM
They could have ( D&P ) went to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Unless there is a legal reason for not doing so, they could have appealed without sanction from FIFA or UEFA.

D&P chose not to do this but go to the Court of Session. They MUST know the consequences of this.....so it begs the question...why?

Either it's sheer incompetence, or most likely designed to lay the blame for the final demise of the quintessential British cheats at someone else's door.

JohnStephens91
25-05-2012, 09:39 PM
I heard the Queen doesn't want her beloved football club to die on her big Diamond Jubilee year...

Hibrandenburg
25-05-2012, 09:42 PM

Whyte/Murray need someone else to give the headshot. Are they really naive enough to believe that history will show that it was UEFA that sent Rangers to their grave?

Gus Fring
25-05-2012, 09:42 PM

If they make the situation extremely difficult for Rangers it might perhaps make Liquidation more pallatable for the fans? They probably know a CVA isn't going to be agreed and this could be their best chance of saying

"Look, the clubs buggered, so rather than standing and taking all these punishments , lets just liquidate and start a newco and they canny touch us"

Hibrandenburg
25-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Either it's sheer incompetence, or most likely designed to lay the blame for the final demise of the quintessential British cheats at someone else's door.

Beat me to it.

Caversham Green
25-05-2012, 09:54 PM
One very odd point about going to the Court of Session. Their argument is that the signing embargo sanction wasn't available to the SFA, not that it was inappropriate or too harsh. That means that if they were to win the case, the SFA couldn't suspend the embargo - because they weren't competent to apply it in the first place - so they would have to apply another sanction. They've already levied the maximum fines available so it seems that the only other sanctions would be suspension or expulsion of the club, which is something that the SFA have said they had already considered.

It almost seems like they are challenging the SFA to do their worst, which strikes me as a very dangerous game to play and given that there's a precedent for UEFA intervening with Sion/Switzerland it's not a game they can win. Are they really trying to bring down the whole of Scottish football?

Liberal Hibby
25-05-2012, 10:00 PM
It almost seems like they are challenging the SFA to do their worst, which strikes me as a very dangerous game to play and given that there's a precedent for UEFA intervening with Sion/Switzerland it's not a game they can win. Are they really trying to bring down the whole of Scottish football?

It reminds me of the Murdochs' (Snr and Jnr) performance at the Leveson enquiry - spray enough dirt around and bring as many people down with you.

CropleyWasGod
One very odd point about going to the Court of Session. Their argument is that the signing embargo sanction wasn't available to the SFA, not that it was inappropriate or too harsh. That means that if they were to win the case, the SFA couldn't suspend the embargo - because they weren't competent to apply it in the first place - so they would have to apply another sanction. They've already levied the maximum fines available so it seems that the only other sanctions would be suspension or expulsion of the club, which is something that the SFA have said they had already considered.

If the Court decides that the SFA weren't competent to apply the embargo, would that not mean that only the fines could stand? ie that the SFA couldn't go back and use another punishment, as that would be like being tried twice for the same crime. (and, yeah, I know Nat Fraser is on trial for the umpteenth time:greengrin)

lapsedhibee

It's The Barton Manoeuvre. **** up really, really badly and on the way down and out try to take others with you so that your own ****-up doesn't seem quite so monstrous.

Gus Fring
25-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Is there anything to be read into both UEFA and FIFA telling the BBC they won't be getting involved?

JeMeSouviens
25-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Is there anything to be read into both UEFA and FIFA telling the BBC they won't be getting involved?

They've said it's an SFA matter but you can bet your bottom $ they'll be watching in case the SFA **** it up. See the threatened suspension of the Swiss FA (and all its member clubs) for not punishing Sion last year.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2012, 10:18 PM

No, because they won't be getting involved. Unless they they think the SFA are not handling it properly.
They are saying exactly the right thing. That they are fully supportive of a member association and have complete confidence in their ability to deal with it correctly.
If the SFA stuff up then they will get involved very quickly but until then they say nothing and let the SFA do their thing.

Caversham Green
25-05-2012, 10:22 PM
If the Court decides that the SFA weren't competent to apply the embargo, would that not mean that only the fines could stand? ie that the SFA couldn't go back and use another punishment, as that would be like being tried twice for the same crime. (and, yeah, I know Nat Fraser is on trial for the umpteenth time:greengrin)

Well it wouldn't be a second trial because the guilty verdict remains in place and was upheld on appeal - Rangers don't seem to be disputing that any more. It would be a case of commuting the sentence I suppose if you're following strict legal procedure and I don't know what the provisions are for that. I really don't think they have a valid argument anyway as the SFA rules do appear to have a catch-all clause that allows whatever punishment they deem appropriate.

It still looks to me like they're just trying to cause as much trouble as possible.

Seveno
25-05-2012, 10:39 PM

I think that you are crediting D&P with too much intelligence. I thought from day one that the were part of a conspiracy and still do. I also believe that Clark and Whitehouse are utterly incompetent, a view that is validated every time that they give a media interview.

They remind me of that YouTube clip of the two villains that are handcuffed together and make their escape only to come to an hilarious end when they run round different sides of a lamppost.

SurferRosa
25-05-2012, 10:41 PM

There has been something odd about this from the start IMO.
I dont think they are trying to bring down Scottish football but they know full well that they cannot take this action in a civil court. It will kill Rangers.

Unless they are utterly brainless, they must know this.........so, is there another agenda?

We await the next move...:nerd:

SurferRosa
25-05-2012, 10:45 PM
I think that you are crediting D&P with too much intelligence. I thought from day one that the were part of a conspiracy and still do. I also believe that Clark and Whitehouse are utterly incompetent, a view that is validated every time that they give a media interview.

They remind me of that YouTube clip of the two villains that are handcuffed together and make their escape only to come to an hilarious end when they run round different sides of a lamppost.

:faf:

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2012, 11:38 PM
:hyper: come on stop teasing......... will have to stay up now :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18212287

BBC Scotland has decided to publish further evidence about a suspected conflict of interest concerning the administrators of Rangers.

down-the-slope
25-05-2012, 11:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=-HyPCe73fdw&NR=1

down-the-slope
25-05-2012, 11:54 PM

BBC Scotland has decided to publish further evidence about a suspected conflict of interest concerning the administrators of Rangers.

oh dear...celebration dinners...succulent lamb I hope

StevieC
26-05-2012, 12:20 AM

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/103109-interview-with-rangers-administrator-over-conflict-of-interest-claims/

I think what is telling in that interview is the more awkward the question the more his left eye twitches.
A clear sign of lies, or at best "truth avoidance".

StevieC
26-05-2012, 12:27 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18212287[/FONT][/COLOR]

"As stated .. the matter is now in the hands of our solicitors"

I didn't realise that solicitors had solicitors??? :confused:

jgl07
26-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Darlington have failed to obtain a CVA and have been dropped by FOUR divisions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18209679

snooky
26-05-2012, 12:35 AM
The statue of John Greig must be worth a couple of quid to a scrappy.

Let's all club together, buy it and put it in Sloop's garden.

(Toppled over of course :greengrin)

cabbageandribs1875
26-05-2012, 12:45 AM
"As stated .. the matter is now in the hands of our solicitors"

I didn't realise that solicitors had solicitors??? :confused:

i thought people just say that to avoid answering searching questions :confused:

StokePogesHibs
26-05-2012, 03:05 AM

It's the biggest 'play for time' in history. The Bbc reveal was pretty damning. They should have their trophies removed and any knighthoods, cbe's, mbe's and obe's gained in the cheat years.

Steve-O
26-05-2012, 04:47 AM
Darlington have failed to obtain a CVA and have been dropped by FOUR divisions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18209679

Someone should send this to the clown Doncaster since he likes citing English examples so often :agree:

DarlingtonHibee
26-05-2012, 06:27 AM

This has got "scam" written all over it - Murray needed a fall guy - step up Whyte, he appoints D & P (his advisors on the takeover) - they make £2million quid, dont give a jot about creditor's - they know SPL will not kick them out - next season it will all be forgotton and the Huns will be in the SPL - Murray and Whyte will be sipping champange with D&P - it really does stink.

Police should be involved NOW and checking mobile calls etc.

The saddest thing is that if this was any non Old Firm team - they would have been slaughtered by now bythe SPL / SFA.

The whole thing is a joke.

Ozyhibby
26-05-2012, 06:45 AM
Are Rangers the only club in Britian who has not released a player since the end of the season? They must be secretly loaded.

DarlingtonHibee
26-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Sorry if posted already - latest debacle-

Brooster
26-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Due to the transfer embargo I dont think they are in a position to free anyone but I do find it strange that in 3 and a half months of administration they didn't release anyone. I smell a rat haha.

Are Rangers the only club in Britian who has not released a player since the end of the season? They must be secretly loaded.

Golden Bear
26-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Aye right Mr Grier. You knew absolutely nothing.

:fibber:

snooky
26-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Aye right Mr Grier. You knew absolutely nothing.

:fibber:

From Whyte to SDM and now, Duff & Duffer.
Seems like everytime we tear off a veneer another layer of corruption is unearthed.
The next one? Ogilvie & the SFA?
Tomorrow EUFA?
The next day FIFA?
Where will it stop?
At least we know ET's a Hibby so we must have some clout in the Cosmos

McD
26-05-2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/05/26/rangers-in-crisis-preferred-bidder-charles-green-says-he-s-done-a-deal-with-taxman-86908-23873933/

today's daily record!

Firstly, green claiming he he an agreement with HMRC.

Secondly, saying he'll have a meeting with Lawell next week before the splmmeeting. Presumably Lawell will refuse to meet since it's disrespectful to the other ten clubs? No wait, I forgot, he's a hypocrite.

snooky
26-05-2012, 10:31 AM
If it's comes to pass that RFC are no longer, where will their fan base go?

Here's my light-hearted guestimate ....

50% - live off the ghost of RFC
25% - 'Well/Falkirk/Killie
8% - Partick
6% - St J/Sheep/ICT
5% - HofM
4% - Other (Dundee/Dunfy/etc)
1% - Cambuslang
1% - Hibs

lyonhibs
26-05-2012, 10:34 AM
If it's comes to pass that RFC are no longer, where will their fan base go?

Here's my light-hearted guestimate ....

50% - live off the ghost of RFC
25% - 'Well/Falkirk/Killie
8% - Partick
6% - St J/Sheep/ICT
5% - HofM
4% - Other (Dundee/Dunfy/etc)
1% - Cambuslang
1% - Hibs

That 1% can **** right off :take that

RFC would start again a la AFC Wimbledon. "The Queens 11 2012" they would almost certainly call it.

Diclonius
26-05-2012, 10:37 AM
I would imagine a large amount of them would simply start supporting Celtic. Once a glory hunter, always a glory hunter.

down-the-slope
26-05-2012, 10:38 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/05/26/rangers-in-crisis-preferred-bidder-charles-green-says-he-s-done-a-deal-with-taxman-86908-23873933/

today's daily record!

Firstly, green claiming he he an agreement with HMRC.

Secondly, saying he'll have a meeting with Lawell next week before the splmmeeting. Presumably Lawell will refuse to meet since it's disrespectful to the other ten clubs? No wait, I forgot, he's a hypocrite.

Hector better not be willing to give up OUR cash so easily.....

Meeting Lawell...well lets just see how the Celtic fans react to that..

Eyrie
26-05-2012, 10:47 AM

The Ugly Sisters have always done that. it will be interesting to see if this is the usual stitch up or if Lawwell will stand by his earlier comments and do the right thing.

Chuck Rhoades
26-05-2012, 10:49 AM
FIFA prohibits a club to take its association to a civil court, so the appeal is flawed.

Don Giovanni
26-05-2012, 10:49 AM

RFC would start again a la AFC Wimbledon. "The Queens 11 2012" they would almost certainly call it.

I actually know quite a few Rangers fans ho have a soft spot for the Hibbies for one reason or another. Whether that's good or bad I'm not so sure!?

In any case there will be a some sort of Rangers next season and I'd imagine the vast majority will follow the new version.

grunt
26-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Rangers Tax-Case‏@rangerstaxcaseCan all previous Rangers managers explain all of the payments they received from the club after they were no longer employees?

TheEastTerrace
26-05-2012, 11:01 AM
The Ugly Sisters have always done that. it will be interesting to see if this is the usual stitch up or if Lawwell will stand by his earlier comments and do the right thing.

I think every Celtic fan to a man wants RFC punished so Lawwell would be going against his supporters if he relented to Der Hun

Jack
26-05-2012, 11:22 AM

I've a very good friend whose only flaw is being a hun. I know in his heart of hearts he wants to be a Hibby and would love to introduce him to the light side.

Just Alf
26-05-2012, 12:29 PM

I might have been a tad concerned at this..... now that RFC have gone to court and totally jeopardised Celtic's Euro trips I think Green's gonna have an uphill struggle :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
26-05-2012, 01:03 PM
When will this happen? The Court Case that is.

snooky
26-05-2012, 01:11 PM

A lot will depend on how squeaky-clean Celtc (and indeed all other SPL clubs) are.
Any of them with skeletons in the cupboard will take the route of least resistance for certain.

joe breezy
26-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Mark Daly is on Sportsound now :thumbsup:

snooky
26-05-2012, 01:15 PM

What have you got against the Juniors? :wink:

joe breezy
26-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Is everyone listening to Sportsound?

Even Chic Young has changed his tune...:greengrin

joe breezy
26-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Is everyone listening to Sportsound?

Even Chic Young has changed his tune...:greengrin

Although he's still blithering on about Scottish football needing Rangers...

CropleyWasGod
26-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Hector better not be willing to give up OUR cash so easily.....

Meeting Lawell...well lets just see how the Celtic fans react to that..
In the High Court in London yesterday , HMRC attempted to have the FA's "football creditor " rule overturned . They failed .

Whilst this has no direct bearing on REC, it.may make HMRC more belligerent ....

jgl07
26-05-2012, 01:25 PM
FIFA prohibits a club to take its association to a civil court, so the appeal is flawed.

The Court of Session should throw out the case because Rangers have not exhausted the appeals procedure. This should have gone to the Court for Arbitration in Sport.

Greentinted
26-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Chic Young implicitly condoning Rangers criminal culpability, "If ye wur a guns an drugs dealer well, ye widnae jist hand in yer guns an drugs at Mount Florida jist cos they asked ye, wid ye?" The man's clearly a lunatic.

And then vomiting the tiresome 'Scottish football needs Rangers' mantra.
In words even he should understand: "NAW IT DOESNAE YA WEE MALADJUSTED HUN TROLL! Now away and find a therapist to sort out your Ibroxcentric Stockholm Syndrome"

Hibees07
26-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Chic Young implicitly condoning Rangers criminal culpability, "If ye wur a guns an drugs dealer well, ye widnae jist hand in yer guns an drugs at Mount Florida jist cos they asked ye, wid ye?" The man's clearly a lunatic.

In words even he should understand: "NAW IT DOESNAE YA WEE MALADJUSTED HUN TROLL! Now away and find a therapist to sort out your Ibroxcentric Stockholm Syndrome"

Andy Goram an even bigger Hun Troll!

Greentinted
26-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Andy Goram an even bigger Hun Troll!

:agree: You have to question the motives of these guys. If the claim that less than 10% of the whole story has emerged thus far is true, I'd be keeping my head down and distancing myself as far as possible from this shambles.

joe breezy
26-05-2012, 02:39 PM

I had to switch it off cos of that twat, Jim Spence was being reasonable, Chic Young bleating that 40% of football fans in Scotland are Huns

Can't see how anyone can see that as a good thing even if it were true

down-the-slope
26-05-2012, 02:43 PM
In the High Court in London yesterday , HMRC attempted to have the FA's "football creditor " rule overturned . They failed .

Whilst this has no direct bearing on REC, it.may make HMRC more belligerent ....

Hadn't seen that Crops - but its only in England that applies (otherwise Gers would have had more sanctions for the cash they owe other SPL clubs)

CropleyWasGod
26-05-2012, 02:44 PM
The HMRC deal will have been brokered a long time ago to allow takeover negotiations. They have been quiet throughout.

HMRC have to be quiet, out of respect for confidentiality. And any "deal" with them can't be any better than that for any other creditor.

CropleyWasGod
26-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Hadn't seen that Crops - but its only in England that applies (otherwise Gers would have had more sanctions for the cash they owe other SPL clubs)

It was a tiny wee bit on page 2 of the Hootsmon.

Also here....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18208076

Yeah, I know it only applies in England, but it may have p'd HMRC off to the extent that they get even more humpty with nRFC.

PatHead
26-05-2012, 05:44 PM

HMRC were given leave to appeal though so not quite all over yet. Ridiculous rule in my humble opinion though.

whiskyhibby
26-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Heres a thought why don't we buy them for £9M and turn Hunbrox into housing development?

Seveno
26-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Heres a thought why don't we buy them for £9M and turn Hunbrox into housing development?

I suspect that we will get them cheaper in a couple of weeks.

Ozyhibby
26-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Copied this from RTC blog

http://rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/thank-you-all-of-you/comment-page-25/#comment-99771

bighairyfaeleith
26-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Copied this from RTC blog

http://rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/thank-you-all-of-you/comment-page-25/#comment-99771

I hope this new revelations are as good as he is hinting

ScottB
26-05-2012, 07:36 PM
I hope this new revelations are as good as he is hinting

Hmmm.

Well, there was the suggestion that the BBC doc was going to accuse Murray of phone hacking McCann and co, was that just a rumour or did it have to be pulled? Doesn't sound juicy enough according to that post though, it suggests serious law breaking.

We've seen ex Gers managers appearing to get payments after leaving the club, Souness well timed with buying a Rangers player for Blackburn, so perhaps a bit of fraud and bungs going on there?

Given the rather strange lending policy Bank of Scotland seemed to have with Murray, pretty much everything cash wise at Rangers and MIM being a loan from them... That might seem the potentially 'nuclear' issue, if there's been some illegality behind all of Rangers cash in the background...

Seveno
26-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Hmmm.

Well, there was the suggestion that the BBC doc was going to accuse Murray of phone hacking McCann and co, was that just a rumour or did it have to be pulled? Doesn't sound juicy enough according to that post though, it suggests serious law breaking.

We've seen ex Gers managers appearing to get payments after leaving the club, Souness well timed with buying a Rangers player for Blackburn, so perhaps a bit of fraud and bungs going on there?

Given the rather strange lending policy Bank of Scotland seemed to have with Murray, pretty much everything cash wise at Rangers and MIM being a loan from them... That might seem the potentially 'nuclear' issue, if there's been some illegality behind all of Rangers cash in the background...

Your third option ties in with a story that I have heard about a possible criminal prosecution.

ScottB
26-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Your third option ties in with a story that I have heard about a possible criminal prosecution.

If Rangers / MIM were basically insolvent but continued trading due to dodgy loans from BoS that would surely raise some charges...

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2012, 09:17 PM
http://s17.postimage.org/jubw4kvf3/neildoncaster.jpg

:tee hee:

Www1875hfc
26-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Hearing that Steven Naismith will walk away and sign for Everton.

Brando7
26-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I not only blame David Murray for the state of Rangers but the state of scottish foolball as a whole, been looking at league tables from the mid80's to present day n i forgot how less a two horse race it used to be until murray started splashing the banks cash + using ETB's causing celtic to invest more n start bridging the gap to wot we have now

forgot how close the league used to be back in the day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasons_in_Scottish_football

Just Alf
26-05-2012, 10:43 PM
I not only blame David Murray for the state of Rangers but the state of scottish foolball as a whole, been looking at league tables from the mid80's to present day n i forgot how less a two horse race it used to be until murray started splashing the banks cash + using ETB's causing celtic to invest more n start bridging the gap to wot we have now

forgot how close the league used to be back in the day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasons_in_Scottish_football

yup.... and they stitched up the voting/prize pot split as well..... top 2 get 50% of the prize pot, it clearly makes it harder for "the rest" to get a toe hold at their level....... thats why I think a new TV deal might not be quite as bad as feared IF the prize money was shared more equally (obviously the winners getting more and the amounts stepping down but not the current 26% - 24% - 8% -7.5%- 6% or whatever it is)

seanshow
26-05-2012, 11:05 PM
They didn't pull any punches on Off the ball again today regarding the huns, very funny starting about 7 mins in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01j6stq

thekaratekid
27-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Hmmm.

Tugay & Ferguson were signed for Blackburn by Souness.

Boumsong was signed for Newcastle by Souness.

Ferguson & Boumsong were fairly ridiculous fees. I always thought that Murray & Souness pocketed some of that cash between them

joe breezy
27-05-2012, 03:38 AM
Tugay & Ferguson were signed for Blackburn by Souness.

Boumsong was signed for Newcastle by Souness.

Ferguson & Boumsong were fairly ridiculous fees. I always thought that Murray & Souness pocketed some of that cash between them

Sir David Murray...interesting that Souness still 'helped Rangers'

"I like to chat with people, through highs and the lows. I still have that with Dick Advocaat, with Walter Smith. And I still have that with Graeme. "I regard them as close friends - all three are coming as guests to my son, Keith's wedding. "Graeme has continued to help Rangers since he left by buying players. He is still a fan. Dick helped us by taking Craig Moore off our hands and Walter is, well, Walter."

I wish those in the know, which seems to be a tiny number of people would hurry up and tell us the nuclear thing

That guy Green seems to have gone quiet, has he actually bought Rangers or has he just given Craig Whyte £2?

Haymaker
27-05-2012, 03:42 AM
It keeps getting better and better!

joe breezy
27-05-2012, 03:53 AM
I'm reading quite a bit of interesting stuff about Gavin Masterton's relationship with Murray

Here's an interesting blog from way back in 2009

http://www.ianfraser.org/a-little-bit-of-plains-speaking-from-lloyds-banking-group-would-be-in-order/

joe breezy
27-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Article in Herald today...nothing new just Mark Daly saying all his allegations are true...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/news/home-news/brown-envelopes-were-arriving-at-my-door-people-were-keen-to-help-me.17704978

Also good article from last Wed before the documentary

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/what-is-the-true-colour-of-greens-money.17671567

Just Alf
27-05-2012, 07:40 AM
That guy Green seems to have gone quiet, has he actually bought Rangers or has he just given Craig Whyte £2?

Aye, went all quiet once we heard at least one of the "investors" have pulled coz they won't be able to make money selling off the players due to that embargo (they'd not be able to get cheaper replacements)

grunt
27-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Some clarity from Sunday's Scotsman?

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/rangers-administration-end-game-nears-for-fallen-icon-1-2320897

But what happens if the CVA is rejected? The most likely answer is that the Rangers’ company will be liquidated and the club will survive as a new company in the SPL, with no further sanctions against them at this time. Rangers will have to apply to stay in the SPL as a newco. If five clubs vote against them, the 140-year-old institution will cease to play football for the foreseeable future, unless the Scottish Football League (http://www.hibs.net/#) admits them on an emergency basis ...

Edit - no, actually, not clear at all. When reading the rest of the article it would seem that the author doesn't know what he's taling about.

joe breezy
27-05-2012, 08:04 AM

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/rangers-administration-end-game-nears-for-fallen-icon-1-2320897

Edit - no, actually, not clear at all. When reading the rest of the article it would seem that the author doesn't know what he's taling about.

Notice Doncaster says 'no special cases made'

That better apply to a newco Rangers then as letting a new club in that's predecessor club had been guilty of severe tax dodging & criminality would be a very special case

If that does happen Scottish football is finished

There's a choice: Rangers are finished or Scottish football is finished

lapsedhibee
27-05-2012, 08:34 AM

Still repeating old pish like "Huns will have to be back in SPL as there's no mechanism for them to get into the SFL". Sure even rabid hun apologists like Chico abandoned this argument weeks ago!

down-the-slope
27-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Aye, went all quiet once we heard at least one of the "investors" have pulled coz they won't be able to make money selling off the players due to that embargo (they'd not be able to get cheaper replacements)

The hilarious thing is I actually think Greens business plan is just a mini version of CW's his was to use Rangers own ST money to fund £18m to Lloyds and then banked on Champs league cash to fund cash flow...that went belly up

I think Greens method is paltry £8.5 million offer to creditors via CVA...if offer is accepted then the 28 day cooling off period means its accepted but fumds do not transfer until this expires...I think he was working on selling say 4/5 players to cover that amount / replacing with free's (pretty normal in this day and age even for big clubs) getting the ST cash to fund cash flow..cut a few costs...and then again banking on Champs league in year 2 onwards to make a profit.....

I hope the court of session slow things right down...and / or UEFA stick their oar in

Keith_M
27-05-2012, 09:06 AM
"An American was given six months to live by his doctor. When he told his doctor he couldn't afford to pay the bill, the doctor said, 'OK, you can have another six months'"

Shamelessly stolen from an article on Darlington F.C. I just felt it was appropriate somehow :greengrin

Caversham Green
27-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Doddsy puts his foot in it: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/i-refuse-to-believe-major-players-evaded-paying-millions-in-tax.17704904

His explanation makes no sense to me but he does tell us that his EBT payment was neither a loan nor discretionary. Yet another OG in a game that's riddled with them.

down-the-slope
27-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Doddsy puts his foot in it: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/i-refuse-to-believe-major-players-evaded-paying-millions-in-tax.17704904

His explanation makes no sense to me but he does tell us that his EBT payment was neither a loan nor discretionary. Yet another OG in a game that's riddled with them.

The sound of pigs squealing :greengrin.....

Its amazing what that cad Craig Whyte has done in his time machine jumping back and forth insisting players years ago accept payments through off shore vehicles :wink:

lapsedhibee
27-05-2012, 09:24 AM

John Yorkston is the baddie in all this.

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 09:27 AM

Aye, strange one. All he is really saying - I think - is that he has always, throughout his career, paid ALL of his taxes. He then goes on to admit that it may have been a vehicle for paying lower taxes and that everyone does it. He says that the club were due him money, they took the tax off it and kept it safe for HMRC, and then paid the remainder to him through the EBT. See...simple. I don't know why folk are getting all carried away about the whole business. Viva Ra Peepul! :aok:

Steve-O
27-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Doddsy puts his foot in it: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/footba :confused:ll/i-refuse-to-believe-major-players-evaded-paying-millions-in-tax.17704904

Me neither.

Why would Rangers owe him money? Why would they pay it via the EBT and not just give him the money? :confused:

down-the-slope
27-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Another LIE exposed...

However, Rangers administrator Paul Clark last night confirmed they would be issuing their CVA tomorrow in a bid to take Rangers out of administration, which would avoid the newco route.
Duff and Phelps will send their proposals to creditors, who will meet on June 13 to deliver their verdict.
And the Ibrox beancounter remained bullish about the club’s prospects of a revival.
Clark said: “We’re on track. Relative to other football admins, there’s been a good amount of swift progress.
“It’s very rare these things are resolved in three or four months. Getting the CVA proposal is a major milestone and that will happen on Monday.”
But he did pull the club back from prospective owner Charles Green’s assertion on Friday that a deal had already been agreed with HMRC over the CVA.
Clark said: “There has been an ongoing dialogue with HMRC and we wouldn’t have got to such an advanced stage if we didn’t feel there was more than a strong possibility of a CVA being approved.
“But there is no deal and that can’t happen until there is a meeting of the creditors.”

I find it amazing that with all the scutiny there is of this that they can still expect to just invent their own version of the 'truth'....so we now know for a fact that Green is just another untrustworthy suitor who will say anything to get to the point he wants

shagpile
27-05-2012, 09:43 AM

What has to be remembered here is that Doddsy has an I.Q equivalent to that of a melon, and any attempt to explain anything with numbers in it is almost certain to be complete *****.

Steve-O
27-05-2012, 09:49 AM
John Yorkston is the baddie in all this.

Don't Rangers owe Dunfermline money?

Jack
27-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Another LIE exposed...

However, Rangers administrator Paul Clark last night confirmed they would be issuing their CVA tomorrow in a bid to take Rangers out of administration, which would avoid the newco route.
Duff and Phelps will send their proposals to creditors, who will meet on June 13 to deliver their verdict.
And the Ibrox beancounter remained bullish about the club’s prospects of a revival.
Clark said: “We’re on track. Relative to other football admins, there’s been a good amount of swift progress.
“It’s very rare these things are resolved in three or four months. Getting the CVA proposal is a major milestone and that will happen on Monday.”
But he did pull the club back from prospective owner Charles Green’s assertion on Friday that a deal had already been agreed with HMRC over the CVA.
Clark said: “There has been an ongoing dialogue with HMRC and we wouldn’t have got to such an advanced stage if we didn’t feel there was more than a strong possibility of a CVA being approved.
“But there is no deal and that can’t happen until there is a meeting of the creditors.”

I find it amazing that with all the scutiny there is of this that they can still expect to just invent their own version of the 'truth'....so we now know for a fact that Green is just another untrustworthy suitor who will say anything to get to the point he wants

At the very outset of this Snow Whyte assured everyone in an interview that he expected them to exit administration within two weeks.

Something must have gone wrong. :-D

Tynie01011973
27-05-2012, 09:56 AM

So he received a payment when he was leaving Busted.fc through an EBT and he knows that tax was paid on it for monies 'THAT WERE DUE TO HIM' - which suggests that the payment was a 'contractual' payment and therefore should not have been made though the EBT - which is a vehicle for making payments to avoid tax being due ?

:doh:

Caversham Green
27-05-2012, 10:00 AM
And .....oooops we didn't know about that.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4340489/Clark-in-dark-over-FIFA-risk.html

joe breezy
27-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Billy Dodds :rolleyes:

http://soundcloud.com/celticresearch/ebt-dodds/s-ItEEn

I'd be keeping quiet if i was him, no shame.

Their arrogance is astonishing, they must die for Scotland to be better as a country...

joe breezy
27-05-2012, 10:15 AM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4340489/Clark-in-dark-over-FIFA-risk.html

Hopefully FIFA will get involved soon saying they will ban Scotland from all competitions if harsher punishments, i.e. expulsion, not meted out will be perfect

The Falcon
27-05-2012, 10:18 AM

Billy Dodds does not dispute the amount but says this was "after tax" so without knowing the original amount owed to BD how can we tell if the tax has been taken off? There is no doubt that that Dodds sees this payment as an amount owed as per his contract but if its "after tax" then the original figure must have been north of £300k. For six months? If this is the case have RFC deducted the tax and kept the funds? Surely football players get P45's which reflect their earnings and tax paid and this £190k would have been shown in this, and the tax paid by RFC reflected thus?

Lot of questions there Cav/CWG but I am trying to get my head round this.

MyJo
27-05-2012, 10:22 AM
So he received a payment when he was leaving Busted.fc through an EBT and he knows that tax was paid on it for monies 'THAT WERE DUE TO HIM' - which suggests that the payment was a 'contractual' payment and therefore should not have been made though the EBT - which is a vehicle for making payments to avoid tax being due ?

:doh:

Brilliant, Dodds has just admited that he was paid a contractual amount of money that was owed to him through the EBT and that he received the net amount of money expected, which means rangers have kept the 40% that should have gone to the taxman and told Dodds that it was fine and dandy.

He also admits that he was approached and asked to take a payment from the EBT trust which suggests he was fully aware of the source of the money regardless of the tax implications yet just a couple of weeks ago he insisted he knew nothing about or had not received any payments from a trust scheme.........not that he received a payment and was told tax had been paid......he received NO PAYMENTS. :far:

The BBC should be ashamed to employ a downright liar who uses his position as a media personality to peddle his lies and cover his backside.

This gets better by the day :aok:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-05-2012, 10:26 AM

Doddsy's killed the huns! :faf:

Caversham Green
27-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Billy Dodds does not dispute the amount but says this was "after tax" so without knowing the original amount owed to BD how can we tell if the tax has been taken off? There is no doubt that that Dodds sees this payment as an amount owed as per his contract but if its "after tax" then the original figure must have been north of £300k. If this is the case have RFC deducted the tax and kept the funds? Surely football players get P45's which reflect their earnings and tax paid and this £190k would have been shown in this, and the tax paid by RFC reflected thus?

Lot of questions there Cav/CWG but I am trying to get my head round this.

You then have to ask why it was put through an EBT. Also, listen to the same Billy Dodds lying through his teeth in the link joe breezy has posted. On your P45 point, the final payment came out of the Trust rather than from the club so it wouldn't be reflected on his P45 while the original payment from RFC to the trust didn't go to the player, so would not be subject to PAYE. I wonder what Billy put in his tax return.

Anyway, regardless of whether Dodds was innocent and has been 'duped' his explanation is a direct contradiction of the Rangers claims and it's their actions that are being investigated, not the players.

PS: I could see this article being pulled, so I've cut pasted and saved a copy

PaulC
27-05-2012, 10:47 AM

Duff and Duffer don't seem to know details of much of the things they are involved in do they? The amount of senior highly paid people in this whole saga who reply "I didn't know that".

The_Todd
27-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Duff and Phelps, Rangers, Craig Whyte are all running rings around the SFA and SPL. "We didn't know this, we didn't know that", "it's an honest mistake guv". All rubbish.

Not only have Rangers been caught out, they've shown absolutely no remorse which is just as bad. I don't know why Neil Doncaster is bending over backwards for them, they've just flout more rules in the future. Get them shut down.

johnbc70
27-05-2012, 11:03 AM
As others are saying, has Billy Dodds not just confirmed that he received his contractual payment through the EBT? Therefore confirming they were not discretionary payments at all, thus confirming the EBT was a tax dodge.

Billy Dodds has surely nailed the final nail in the Huns coffin. He should also be sacked for blatantly lying about it as well.

EuanH78
27-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Brilliant, Dodds has just admited that he was paid a contractual amount of money that was owed to him through the EBT and that he received the net amount of money expected, which means rangers have kept the 40% that should have gone to the taxman and told Dodds that it was fine and dandy.

He also admits that he was approached and asked to take a payment from the EBT trust which suggests he was fully aware of the source of the money regardless of the tax implications yet just a couple of weeks ago he insisted he knew nothing about or had not received any payments from a trust scheme.........not that he received a payment and was told tax had been paid......he received NO PAYMENTS. :far:

The BBC should be ashamed to employ a downright liar who uses his position as a media personality to peddle his lies and cover his backside.

This gets better by the day :aok:

I cant help wondering what this new revelation rumoured in the blogosphere might be - worse than all before it?

In any case I am not surprised and at the same time delighted that no-one seems to have broken ranks yet. The more revelations and messy this gets, the more people are going to go down with it - hopefully that will include Billy Dodds and his ilk, the succulent lamb journalists, SFA, SPL staff and everyone connected to the utterly corrupt 'institution' - ahem, that is Rangers F.C I always hoped at the start of this that they would become so toxic that no one would go near them and still hope it might happen :aok:

magpie1892
27-05-2012, 11:27 AM
I always hoped at the start of this that they would become so toxic that no one would go near them and still hope it might happen :aok:

You'd have got long odds on that even a few short weeks ago but now it's looking a safe bet.

Seveno
27-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm reading quite a bit of interesting stuff about Gavin Masterton's relationship with Murray

Here's an interesting blog from way back in 2009

http://www.ianfraser.org/a-little-bit-of-plains-speaking-from-lloyds-banking-group-would-be-in-order/

We may well see the name of Peter Cummings coming up again.

Hibs On Tour
27-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Regardless what all these lying mugs are coming out with, console yourselves fellow Hibbes with the knowledge that legally - 'ignorance of the law is no defence within it'. Doesn't matter who knew what, only that illegal things were done. Endof.

:greengrin

greenginger
27-05-2012, 11:56 AM

If these idiots genuinely did'nt know the consequences of taking the SFA to court their first action tomorrow morning must be to halt the case.
If they don't, they have to be the most incompetent administrators ever appointed by a Scottish Court.

The Falcon
27-05-2012, 11:57 AM
You then have to ask why it was put through an EBT. Also, listen to the same Billy Dodds lying through his teeth in the link joe breezy has posted. On your P45 point, the final payment came out of the Trust rather than from the club so it wouldn't be reflected on his P45 while the original payment from RFC to the trust didn't go to the player, so would not be subject to PAYE. I wonder what Billy put in his tax return.

Anyway, regardless of whether Dodds was innocent and has been 'duped' his explanation is a direct contradiction of the Rangers claims and it's their actions that are being investigated, not the players.

PS: I could see this article being pulled, so I've cut pasted and saved a copy

Billy Dodds says that the money was owed to him by Rangers as part his contract and that the amount paid to him already had tax/NI deductions. It is surely now a perfectly legitimate question to ask Rangers to demonstrate and to evidence this?

As you rightly say it is the club, and not the players, that are being investigated but, in light of Dodds statement. it is surely approaching the time when a sample of these beneficiaries are investigated to see if their informamtion ties up with those on the records of RFC, cross referenced with HMRC.

Hibs On Tour
27-05-2012, 11:57 AM
PS - Fifa banning Scotland may be the best thing possible to happen, given that we're still for some godforesaken reason persisting with the erse that is harry potter as manager...

Hibrandenburg
27-05-2012, 12:10 PM
If these idiots genuinely did'nt know the consequences of taking the SFA to court their first action tomorrow morning must be to halt the case.
If they don't, they have to be the most incompetent administrators ever appointed by a Scottish Court.

Suspect it's all part of the "a big boy done it and ran away plan."

If UEFA step in and give them the headshot, then the blame can be deflected and the filthy hordes have a new scapegoat.

Tyler Durden
27-05-2012, 12:11 PM
We may well see the name of Peter Cummings coming up again.

In what sense? Its difficult to keep up to speed with all the detail.

Personally not too impressed with that blog that was quoted, alot of rumour and supposition IMO.

DC_Hibs
27-05-2012, 12:17 PM
https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor

Mark it for the attention of the "Billy Dodds Complaints Team"

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-05-2012, 12:31 PM

“The whole SFA issue is a serious setback for the club, but we’re hopeful we can progress with the judicial review and see where that leaves us.”

Agree completely, but it doesn't look like they're gonna :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2012, 12:31 PM
i hope radio scotland are looking to offload silly dodds, how can we listen to him summarising on a football game now :confused: yes richard, we really need to stamp out players diving in the box, it's just plain cheating, and good decent fans don't like cheating/lying...eh billy :rolleyes:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1633/buns1a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/buns1a.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Www1875hfc
27-05-2012, 12:33 PM
This is where the Trophies would go if Rangers were stripped.

http://www.channel4.com/news/where-would-rangers-trophies-go?.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-05-2012, 12:38 PM
PS - Fifa banning Scotland may be the best thing possible to happen, given that we're still for some godforesaken reason persisting with the erse that is harry potter as manager...

:agree:

The_Todd
27-05-2012, 12:39 PM
But what about the teams Rangers would have knocked out en route to the cup finals? Personally i think they should just all be voided.

McD
27-05-2012, 12:44 PM

How many in a row would Celtic be on now then? :wink:

TheEastTerrace
27-05-2012, 12:48 PM
But what about the teams Rangers would have knocked out en route to the cup finals? Personally i think they should just all be voided.

:agree:

Far too simplistic to award trophies to the runners-up of the cup competitions.

The league would have to be calculated on 3-0 wins to all opponents, which I think they have done for the purposes of this graphic.

AFAIK Inter were awarded titles as a result of the Calciopoli scandal, but could be wrong. Not a reason for retrospective open-top bus parades IMO. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2012, 12:49 PM

i agree with the league titles going to whoever were runners-up, but not so sure about cup wins, any finals the cheats won would have been won by using the same players that won in earlier rounds, thus denying other teams progressing, all cup tournaments the cheats won should be struck from the records imo :agree:

snooky
27-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Duff and Phelps, Rangers, Craig Whyte are all running rings around the SFA and SPL. "We didn't know this, we didn't know that", "it's an honest mistake guv". All rubbish.

Not only have Rangers been caught out, they've shown absolutely no remorse which is just as bad. I don't know why Neil Doncaster is bending over backwards for them, they've just flout more rules in the future. Get them shut down.

This is a big issue, IMO. Their arrogant stance of "We arra people no matter what" deprives them of any sympathy, deserved or undeserved.
Imagine what their attitude will be if they weasel out of the hole they are in and pick up where they left off?
Won't matter though, because (hopefully) they'll be alone in the SPL - very alone.

Just Alf
27-05-2012, 03:04 PM
As others are saying, has Billy Dodds not just confirmed that he received his contractual payment through the EBT? Therefore confirming they were not discretionary payments at all, thus confirming the EBT was a tax dodge.

Billy Dodds has surely nailed the final nail in the Huns coffin. He should also be sacked for blatantly lying about it as well.

Aye! And just think of all those millions that's gone thru the EBTs .... The tax peeps just have to ask rangers "show the evidence you paid tax on it and we'll walk away, don't show it and we'll help you with your not walking away thing coz well stick you in the big hoose and we dinnae mean castle greyskull"

lucky
27-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Don't see the point in scrubbing league and cup wins. Any punishment should be going forward not backwards

Hibrandenburg
27-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Don't see the point in scrubbing league and cup wins. Any punishment should be going forward not backwards

Ok, so if someone steals your car you wouldn't want it back when they get caught?

snooky
27-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Ok, so if someone steals your car you wouldn't want it back when they get caught?

If you're talking about MY car, eh...naw.
:cb

magpie1892
27-05-2012, 03:52 PM

By this argument, Ben Johnson should have kept his 1988 100m gold in S.Korea?

Part/Time Supporter
27-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Reallocating cups to the runner-up is daft because you have no way of knowing whether a team knocked out by Rangers in an earlier round wouldn't have gone on to win it instead of the team that reached the final without playing them.

The league is more objective and straightforward, partly because none of the other teams have been near the OF in the years that Rangers have won it. I could also see Donkeycaster going for this because it doesn't cost him any money going forward and it is a real punishment in the sense that it would give Celtc more titles overall than the Huns.

grunt
27-05-2012, 04:21 PM
The league is more objective and straightforward, partly because none of the other teams have been near the OF in the years that Rangers have won it. I could also see Donkeycaster going for this because it doesn't cost him any money going forward and it is a real punishment in the sense that it would give Celtc more titles overall than the Huns.Doesn't this open the door to claims from SPL clubs that they will have lost out on SPL prize money which has gone to Rngrs when it should have gone to other clubs?

The Falcon
27-05-2012, 04:31 PM
According to the salary calculator website in order for Dodds to recieve £190k in his hand there would need to be income tax of around £157k and NI contribution of over £10k. The total figure owed must have been over £350k.

I know these figures are not wholly accurate but they will not be a million miles away. Dodds will know, that is for certain.

The Falcon
27-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Doesn't this open the door to claims from SPL clubs that they will have lost out on SPL prize money which has gone to Rngrs when it should have gone to other clubs?

Lawsuits for loss of European football?

WindyMiller
27-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Doesn't this open the door to claims from SPL clubs that they will have lost out on SPL prize money which has gone to Rngrs when it should have gone to other clubs?

If you take it all the way, some teams would perhaps have finished in the top six if the Huns scores are reversed/discounted when they actually finished in the bottom six.

Either way the SPL has been massively skewed by one team cheating and others attempting to compete.

Seveno
27-05-2012, 04:34 PM
According to the salary calculator website in order for Dodds to recieve £190k in his hand there would need to be income tax of around £157k and NI contribution of over £10k. The total figure owed must have been over £350k.

I know these figures are not wholly accurate but they will not be a million miles away. Dodds will know, that is for certain.

But can't you read ? Doddsy was looking the other way when it happened. Totally innocent of all charges.

EuanH78
27-05-2012, 04:52 PM
You'd have got long odds on that even a few short weeks ago but now it's looking a safe bet.

I know and the utterly brilliant part of it all is that if they had just put there hands up, said we are not a going concern. Liquidated, started in SFL 3 and took the punishments on the chin - Then none of these revelations would have come to the fore, it is their own 'we arra peepul' and the big hoose must stay open pish that is going to, in the end, sink them without trace :greengrin

Onion
27-05-2012, 05:05 PM

Now would't that just top it all off nicely :green grin. The Huns, newHuns or whatever else they want to call themselves would be in perpetual debt to every other club in Scotland for the rest of their days - paying back the sums due to all the other clubs impacted (plus interest :green grin). And why not, the Huns have effectively defrauded all the other SPL clubs.

gramskiwood
27-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Don't know if this has already been posted

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/the-boys-in-blue-at-ibrox/#more-2734

:worms:

cad
27-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Don't know if this has already been posted

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/the-boys-in-blue-at-ibrox/#more-2734

:worms:

I hate to think how much money has been punted in the bookies involving Rangers.
That hole they are in must be well half way to the earths core by now .
There will be extra punters behind the desks of The Samaratins if the **** keeps up , mark my words .

"Hello , Hello its Billy here ,I just need to talk to someone aboot the Rangers , Im getting awfi awfi depressed, everythings falling apart, Ive no stopped greetin since February ,whens this all going to end . "

"There there Billy now just you calm yourself just take it slow and in your own time just talk away and we will see where we end up , a troubled shared is a trouble halved as my granny used to say how can I help . these things have a way of sorting themselves out given time , sadly from what I read in the papers , time is something Rangers dont have an awful lot off ,anyway youve done the hard part making the first move so lets begin ,
my names John Paul by the way "

"And you can F..k right off as well "

"Charming ":wink:

joe breezy
27-05-2012, 08:45 PM
In what sense? Its difficult to keep up to speed with all the detail.

Personally not too impressed with that blog that was quoted, alot of rumour and supposition IMO.

Fair enough but apparently there is something bigger to come 'something nuclear' that dwarves all revelations so far so I ended up digging a bit.

This Operation Hornet case was one thing that seems to be getting mentioned on Celtic forums

We will wait and see but if it's bigger than what's happened so far theres a good chance it will involve criminal proceedings

The way bombshells keep coming every time the Huns are getting cocky certainly makes it all the more entertaining

shagpile
27-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Fair enough but apparently there is something bigger to come 'something nuclear' that dwarves all revelations so far so I ended up digging a bit.

This Operation Hornet case was one thing that seems to be getting mentioned on Celtic forums

We will wait and see but if it's bigger than what's happened so far theres a good chance it will involve criminal proceedings

The way bombshells keep coming every time the Huns are getting cocky certainly makes it all the more entertaining

My guess is match fixing. The only thing worse than what has already been done. Cheerio huns.

Just Alf
27-05-2012, 09:00 PM

I have a nagging suspicion it all goes way back to how MIM and Rangers were financed.... Lloyds certainly spat the dummy once they got a look at Bank of Scots books. Murray was basically arm twisted to sell if he wanted to save anything of his empire..... I wonder if any BoS peeps were included in those EBTs? If they were, they wouldn't be the only non RFC & MIM people involved!

Seveno
27-05-2012, 09:05 PM
I have a nagging suspicion it all goes way back to how MIM and Rangers were financed.... Lloyds certainly spat the dummy once they got a look at Bank of Scots books. Murray was basically arm twisted to sell if he wanted to save anything of his empire..... I wonder if any BoS peeps were included in those EBTs? If they were, they wouldn't be the only non RFC & MIM people involved!

That's pretty close to what I have been told might well be coming.

semaj64
27-05-2012, 09:07 PM

Can I not sue as well obviously I have bought a product that was rigged, utmost most good faith!!!!

Seveno
27-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Have a look at what the FSA had to say about the way that BoS conducted themselves.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/9218962/City-regulator-fines-former-BoS-banker.html

EuanH78
27-05-2012, 09:14 PM

Maybe, that would implicate Murray (D) in a serious fraud allegation but not really much you could pin to Rangers really, or could you? - Genuine question for legal types.

I would prefer if it if it was something more football related - Refs on the EBT payroll or something :stirrer: :greengrin

degenerated
27-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Just stumbled this post from someone called brogan rogan on the rtc blog and found it quite interesting.

http://t.co/pQ1j2NpR

Jack
27-05-2012, 09:52 PM
But can't you read ? Doddsy was looking the other way when it happened. Totally innocent of all charges.

TBF a lot of footballers contracts are negotiated on a net basis so it could well be he didn't know / didn't care. It means contracts offered from different countries can be compared on the level.

Afterall footballers tend to be a thick as ****.

That's why they have agents etc. advising them - they'd know if they were doing their jobs right.

TheEastTerrace
27-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Just stumbled this post from someone called brogan rogan on the rtc blog and found it quite interesting.

Was a lengthy post and will probably need to re-read but think I got the jist. Seems this goes way further than a football club using a dodgy tax avoidance mechanism to pay its players.

1875godsgift
27-05-2012, 10:20 PM

That actually puts a whole new perspective on things and would certainly turn Scottish football mammaries skyward!

I'd imagine it would be a long and painstaking process to prove though.

An earlier poster mentioned the possibility of BoS executives being paid through EBT's. Can't see them doing this surely it would be too easily traceable? Cash in an envelope would be difficult to prove though.
How much was SDM's EBT? £6.1 million? :hmmm:

ScottB
27-05-2012, 10:47 PM

So basically, HBoS and Murray worked together to weaken the rest of the SPL to ensure Rangers victory is the suggestion...

Well that certainly fits the suggestion of 'something nuclear' coming anyway.

I feel like I should be furious after reading that, but it really wouldn't surprise me in the slightest...

frazeHFC
27-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Probably already posted

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9293521/Rangers-given-licence-to-compete-in-SPL-after-U-turn.html

:bitchy:

Hate the SFA, SPL or whoever it is

silverhibee
27-05-2012, 11:07 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9293521/Rangers-given-licence-to-compete-in-SPL-after-U-turn.html

What a joke. :agree:

If true.

ScottB
27-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Probably already posted

Won't matter a damn how much Doncaster tries to lay out the red carpet to his waiting rear end, this situation is fast accelerating beyond anyones ability to smooth over, D&P face being suspended from practising, the cops have visited them, the creditors wait to pounce, the investigation into dual contracts continues as does the EBT FTT and now this new 'nuclear' bombshell waits to go off.

I'd be almost certain there won't be any Rangers of any shape or form in any Scottish division next season.

snooky
27-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Probably already posted

Why don't the other eleven just resign from the SPL and form a new league?

The Green Goblin
27-05-2012, 11:15 PM

If true.

The report seems certain it is true. No conjecture or guesswork.

It is a joke, but sadly, we really shouldn't be surprised, should we? A new low point for Scottish football, and that's really saying something given how everything else is looking at the moment.

frazeHFC
27-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Why don't the other eleven just resign from the SPL and for a new league?

Cos the clubs voted for them to stay.

danhibees1875
27-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Why don't the other eleven just resign from the SPL and for a new league?

I was under the impression the decision was based on what the majority of clubs wanted ?

kaimendhibs
27-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Oh my word. We knew scottish football was corrupt but this beggars belief. Have renewed my season ticket but wont be using it to watch that ****:grr::grr::grr:

gramskiwood
27-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I think that this is the end for the SFA & SPL, FIFA must step in and call for their disbandment.:grr:

Leishy1995
27-05-2012, 11:26 PM
It's strange how much help they twats are granted when nobody helped Gretna. SFA

SRHibs
27-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I won't be going back either I don't think. Waste of money.

Rasta_Hibs
27-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Scottish football about to kill itself.

snooky
27-05-2012, 11:31 PM
I agree with OP.

If this thread is to be a list of people who are finished with Scottish Football (i.e. assuming the Telegraph report is true), it'll be longer than the "Rangers In Administration" thread - and deservedly so.

silverhibee
27-05-2012, 11:32 PM
The rest of the teams in the SPL should threaten to resign if this happens.

ekhibee
27-05-2012, 11:34 PM
If it's true then it's an absolute disgrace, and as already stated, just proves how corrupt Scottish football really is. If we wern't already, we are the laughing stock of Europe, anything goes if it's one of the OF. I know it won't happen, but IMO all SPL teams should refuse to play Rangers this season. They won't be allowed into Europe anyway, so it's irrelevant what their league position is at the end of the season. I know that might sound crazy, but I'm just really sick of the stench of corruption in our game. It won't happen though.

SRHibs
27-05-2012, 11:37 PM
The rest of the teams in the SPL should threaten to resign if this happens.

Surely if Celtic (who are arguably a bigger team) + 1 threatened to resign, the SPL would have no option other than to get Rangers to ****.

Saorsa
27-05-2012, 11:38 PM
you'll no be the only one :agree:

givescotlandfreedom
27-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Goodbye façade of legitimacy. We'd like to see every other club tender their resignation from the SPL over this but when there are clubs like Hearts there's no chance.

neilmartinrocks
27-05-2012, 11:44 PM
was anybody expecting that bunch of spineless goat****ging happy hand shaking corrupt cheating *******s to actually stick to the rules?

Saorsa
27-05-2012, 11:45 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/huncaster.jpg

Leishy1995
27-05-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm glad I turned down a season ticket for my own football. this

Green Cabbage 7
27-05-2012, 11:50 PM
I for 1 will be finished with football never mind our own as I don't really watch any that does not involve hibs but this type of thing will kill my appetite for the game

Twiglet
27-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Cos the clubs voted for them to stay.

What vote are you talking about? I thought there'd been no votes about this yet. Or are you talking about the spl board made up of the 4/6 club representatives as opposed to the spl member clubs?

Steven_Hibs
27-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Even more corrupt than the Italian league :rolleyes:

snooky
27-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I think that this is the end for the SFA & SPL, FIFA must step in and call for their disbandment.:grr:

Maybe that's their big plan.

FIFA forced to come in and do the necessary.

The SFA/SPL will be able to say to all the angry bears "It wisny me".

JohnStephens91
28-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Absolute disgrace, I know what I'm doing tomorrow, I'll be contacting UEFA and FIFA to see if this can bring about sanctions for the rest of the league and if it does when they will be enforced. Surely it won't be too long, considering Rangers are taking the SFA to court as well they are merely sailing the whole of Scottish football too close to the wind. I can almost taste the saltwater now...

silverhibee
28-05-2012, 12:06 AM
By the SFA/SPL helping nRFC staying in the SPL, it will kill Scottish Football. Bampots.

Season Ticket For Sale In East Stand. £405.

sesoim
was anybody expecting that bunch of spineless goat****ging happy hand shaking corrupt cheating *******s to actually stick to the rules?

Nope. My only hope was that we might at least be able to use Rangers' plight to change Scottish Football for the better. There doesn't even seem much hope for that.

Personally I would have deducted them a point for every million they owe, say -30 points for the next for or five years.

Even if Scottish football is too cowardly/short sighted/desperate to deal with Rangers the way they should, hopefully other parties (ie the tax men/UEFA/others) will still hit them where it hurts. We shall see.

neilmartinrocks
Even more corrupt than the Italian league :rolleyes:

yeah but at least the Italian fa done something about the corruption our fa's attitude seems to be "guilty as sin but never mind your an institution".

gramskiwood
28-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Maybe that's their big plan.

FIFA forced to come in and do the necessary.

The SFA/SPL will be able to say to all the angry bears "It wisny me".

Spot on :greengrin

LeithBoozy
28-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Do the clowns not see how bad this looks, or are they like Craig Thomson and dont care, Shocking.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Sell up now, STF. No point anymore.

The game's a bogey.

I won't be back.

snooky
28-05-2012, 12:09 AM
yeah but at least the Italian fa done something about the corruption our fa's attitude seems to be "guilty as sin but never mind your an institution".

:agree: SFA does SFA so to speak.

andrew_dundee
28-05-2012, 12:11 AM
People shouldnt boycott Hibs over this, to be fair the Tasche has stood up for fans and is generally hostile to OF.

Celtic have by far the most to lose if Rangers go down to 3rd division, therefore the chances of them boycotting SPL or voting to punish Rangers are none existant. Other SPL clubs should all resign and leave OF to themselves (they deserve each other) like what nearly happened over that whole Sentanta deal a few years ago.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Oh dear, the fat lady is about to step up to the podium and start singing about Scottish football.

neilmartinrocks
28-05-2012, 12:17 AM
People shouldnt boycott Hibs over this, to be fair the Tasche has stood up for fans and is generally hostile to OF.

Celtic have by far the most to lose if Rangers go down to 3rd division, therefore the chances of them boycotting SPL or voting to punish Rangers are none existant. Other SPL clubs should all resign and leave OF to themselves (they deserve each other) like what nearly happened over that whole Sentanta deal a few years ago.

one minute they want out and the next we cant do without them.
the twisted sisters ARE whats wrong with scottish football.
they want all the money all the glory and all the decisions to go their way.
get them tae **** away to their atlantic league or the premiership or anywhere just get rid before they **** it up for everybody.

Hibrandenburg
28-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!

Hibbyradge
28-05-2012, 12:19 AM

It's not a matter of boycotting Hibs. There's no point in even pretending there's a level playing field anymore, so what's the point?

Scottish football is goosed, but worse than that, it's openly corrupt.

silverhibee
28-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Sell up now, STF. No point anymore.

The game's a bogey.

I won't be back.

Who is going to buy a team in a corrupt league run by a corrupt SFA/SPL.

RickyS
28-05-2012, 12:20 AM

If true.

absolutely disgusting, i already regretted buying 3 season tickets after the final now....well i dunno what to say to that:violin:

snooky
28-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!

Aye, drop the "p" and it still reads true.

frazeHFC
28-05-2012, 12:22 AM
What vote are you talking about? I thought there'd been no votes about this yet. Or are you talking about the spl board made up of the 4/6 club representatives as opposed to the spl member clubs?

No idea, i just heard there was a vote among the other clubs to give their verdict that would decide it.

AgentDaleCooper
28-05-2012, 12:26 AM

People should boycott Hibs matches in the SPL. It doesn't matter if this seems to punish the club - by competing in this competition, they are endorsing an utterly corrupt institution (by which I mean the SPL). I would honestly rather hibs moved themselves into the SFL, and considered 1st place in the first division to be the highest legitimate prize on offer, other than the two cups. The SPL is no longer a competition, it is an embarrassment, a travesty, and a farce, with which a team like Hibs should have no association whatsoever.

SRHibs
28-05-2012, 12:26 AM

This is bigger than one club. Rangers getting a free pass into the SPL renders the whole league pointless.

silverhibee
28-05-2012, 12:27 AM
one minute they want out and the next we cant do without them.
the twisted sisters ARE whats wrong with scottish football.
they want all the money all the glory and all the decisions to go their way.
get them tae **** away to their atlantic league or the premiership or anywhere just get rid before they **** it up for everybody.

Looks like it's to late for that.

They have *****d it up for everybody.

If they fell in they would come out smelling of bluebells.

Scottish Football.

28/05/2012

RIP.

JohnStephens91
28-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Disgusting from the bigot fans http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=221389

FitbaFolkKen
28-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Jokerfest!

SPL bending over backwards to help Rangers but not Livi or Gretna when it should have been the other way round.

neilmartinrocks
28-05-2012, 12:34 AM

Scottish Football.

28/05/2012

RIP.

maybe thats the plan then
kill scottish football and then eufa/fifa might let them play in england.

nah thats just paranoia ........or is it?

Hibbyradge
28-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Who is going to buy a team in a corrupt league run by a corrupt SFA/SPL.

Property developers, mate.

silverhibee
28-05-2012, 12:55 AM
No idea, i just heard there was a vote among the other clubs to give their verdict that would decide it.

The question that needs asking, is this an SFA/SPL decision or were the other 11 clubs involved in this too. :agree:

joe breezy
28-05-2012, 01:08 AM
The media seem happy to print stories to placate the Huns, however Doncaster and the like do the same...

Surely the HMRC won't accept a 3p in the Pound deal, especially when Green says he has at least another £10 million 'war chest'?

And surely the newco that is formed can't simply be allowed in the SPL?

Whilst I've enjoyed the saga I still get an uneasy feeling when I read these 'stories to keep the huns happy'

I'd prefer the nuclear thing to come out sooner rather than later but I suppose someone has good reason to keep the powder dry for the moment

joe breezy
28-05-2012, 01:23 AM

Celtic would alienate their own fans in any move to back up the huns

Letter from Celtic Trust to the SFA

http://www.celtictrust.net/?func=d_home_article&id=373

Just take a look at kerrydale street or the fan blogs such as rangers tax case to see what Celtic fans think of it

I can't see Celtic voting for Rangers, they'd lose 50 000 fans

Saorsa
28-05-2012, 01:51 AM

Scottish Football.

28/05/2012

RIP.http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/my_tombstone.jpg

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-05-2012, 06:10 AM
People should boycott Hibs matches in the SPL. It doesn't matter if this seems to punish the club - by competing in this competition, they are endorsing an utterly corrupt institution (by which I mean the SPL). I would honestly rather hibs moved themselves into the SFL, and considered 1st place in the first division to be the highest legitimate prize on offer, other than the two cups. The SPL is no longer a competition, it is an embarrassment, a travesty, and a farce, with which a team like Hibs should have no association whatsoever.

Quite right too.

I wonder how often statements like this are going to need to be posted until people realise there are bigger things at stake here than simply boycotting Hibs, its the integrity of the SPL that is at stake here.

Matty_Jack04
28-05-2012, 06:14 AM
I feel a bit like Doncaster and the rest of the blazers involved here are trying to 'call our bluff' on this especially after the thoughts of fans of the 12 clubs where delivered through that survey.
What they obviously dont understand is that the cost to standard ratio in the SPL is enough for people to stay away never mind adding in this @rse licking corrupt and dare I say criminal behaviour.

Doncaster is putting the sky tv deal before anything or anyone else in this, the terms 'there must be 4 old firm games per season' included in this deal is corrupt in itself you shouldn't be able to guarentee that will be the case especially when your signing a deal over multiple years

Rangers have not only broken fair play rules they've broken the law cheated the country out of huge amounts of money no punishments or sanctions not only show the SPL/SFA up as corrupt it sends a terrible message to young supporters of our game.

As sad as it is I won't be seen to support this if it's true I won't be attending SPL or SFA games and I won't be watching SPL games or highlights on tv.

DaveF
28-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Rangers have not only broken fair play rules they've broken the law cheated the country out of huge amounts of money no punishments or sanctions not only show the SPL/SFA up as corrupt it sends a terrible message to young supporters of our game.

Totally agree, and I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief reading that Telegraph article.

If it turns out to be true, I really don't know what I'll do next season. I've spent my £405 but for what?

marinello59
28-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Totally agree, and I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief reading that Telegraph article.

If it turns out to be true, I really don't know what I'll do next season. I've spent my £405 but for what?

A Gold licence that lets us compete for third place at best. Whilst having no licence allows you to compete for the title. Apparently.

CentreLine
28-05-2012, 07:52 AM

If true.

If it is true then I'm with you Silver. I sincerely hope this does not turn out to be the case but the ST money I have been sitting on will go towards something completely unrelated to football. It looks as if our only hope of salvation is that FIFA step in and introduce some sanity to this whole mess.

Scottish Football RIP

PeeJay
28-05-2012, 08:01 AM
If it is true then I'm with you Silver. I sincerely hope this does not turn out to be the case but the ST money I have been sitting on will go towards something completely unrelated to football. It looks as if our only hope of salvation is that FIFA step in and introduce some sanity to this whole mess.

Scottish Football RIP

Is the Telegraph the only "newspaper" running this exclusive - can't see this actually mentioned on any other online newspapers? How reliable is their source - assuming they have a source that is - is this "news" on the radio in Scotland/UK? :confused:

CentreLine
28-05-2012, 08:09 AM

Sadly it is not Hibs that are the problem, it is Scottish football as a whole that just happens to include our club. If the rules are not applied to all clubs evenly and the whole system is biased towards one or two clubs then the whole thing becomes pointless. I guess we have all been kidding ourselves on for years but this time the football authorities are spelling it out so that even the most blinkered can see, Scottish football is corrupt to the core in favour of the OF. Hibs, along with all of the other non OF clubs, are victims here but their continued involvement in the SPL is to submit to the acknowledged corruption. I cannot watch that happen from the stands at ER or any other ground in Scotland. My only hope now is that UEFA/FIFA step in or that at least Hibs have the balls to resign from the SPL. If not then I have any number of things I can do with £400+ and with the greatest of regret I walk away from Scottish football. Right now I feel worse than I did 19th May, totally gutted

green glory
28-05-2012, 08:15 AM
I think we're getting out knickers in a twist here. The point of the article as I see it, is that it's talking about 'as things stand'. It also points out the loophole which would allow them to compete in the SPL is something which they are looking to close.

I think it's academic. The Huns are dying anyway, it's just that no-one wants to be left with blood on their hands.

There's no harm in getting outraged though as it helps keep the pressure on the powers that be in the SFA and the SPL.

Between the side contracts, the current debt, the still to be announced FTTT result, the silly attempt by the admins to overturn the transfer embargo etc etc etc, I think it's fair to assume the quintessential British cheats are goosed.

Caversham Green
28-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Probably already posted

For those getting in a lather about this, it isn't about a vote or straight out corruption, it's about badly written rules. The SFA have been granting licences since 2005 and the SPL have advised clubs that they must have a licence to compete in their league. What they have apparently failed to do is incorporate that requirement into their written laws and without that the requirements cannot be enforced. Astonishing incompetence - yes, favouring Rangers - no, since they could not have foreseen these circumstance seven years ago. I do wonder how any other club in a similar position would fare though (Hearts appear to have submitted their accounts late but still got a licence...).

On the other hand, those same laws contain absolutely no provision for the introduction of a Newco, indeed some of the laws could be read as specifically prohibiting it, but by the same token as the licence loophole, if it ain't in the rules it can't happen IMO. This is being glossed over by Doncaster and others though, I would like to see them address the point directly, but no doubt they would be able to bend the rules somehow in this case. That's why I am against the new rules to be voted on this week - by recognising a newco thay are introducing the exception that proves the rule in the true sense of that phrase.

Just Alf
28-05-2012, 08:28 AM

I wondered that too....

I've read the article a good few times and basically all that it is, is this.....

To play in the SPL you need to have an SFA licence, and to have and SFA licence you need to do a number of things including submitting accounts by a set date.

The problem is that the SFA licence stipulation is NOT enshrined in any SPL rules, creating a loop hole that the cheating B's are trying to use. The SPL spokesman even states that they're trying get that loophole closed.

So the bottom line is that the SPL can't "legally" reject Rangers on those grounds alone........ EVERTYHING ELSE is still on the table, including this weeks Newco vote etc....... so you could almost say the news article is a non-story in the big picture of things.

DaveF
28-05-2012, 08:38 AM
I wondered that too....

I've read the article a good few times and basically all that it is, is this.....

To play in the SPL you need to have an SFA licence, and to have and SFA licence you need to do a number of things including submitting accounts by a set date.

The problem is that the SFA licence stipulation is NOT enshrined in any SPL rules, creating a loop hole that the cheating B's are trying to use. The SPL spokesman even states that they're trying get that loophole closed.

So the bottom line is that the SPL can't "legally" reject Rangers on those grounds alone........ EVERTYHING ELSE is still on the table, including this weeks Newco vote etc....... so you could almost say the news article is a non-story in the big picture of things.

You could, or you could also say that the SPL not being able to enforce their own rules because they, er, forgot is about as big a **** up as you can possibly manage.

It's also a nice wee gateway into the SPL for the Huns (New or Old).

Just Alf
28-05-2012, 08:39 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ beaten to it! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This from the DR makes interesting reading

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/05/28/rangers-in-crisis-d-day-for-ibrox-club-as-deadline-arrives-to-submit-cva-to-creditors-86908-23876346/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I especially like

"The club’s prospective new owner has until close of play today to table the offer that he hopes will drag Gers out of administration.

If he delays any longer Record Sport understands it will be too late to save the club from liquidation with the last of Gers’ revenue streams set to dry up on June 1."

:flag:

JeMeSouviens
28-05-2012, 08:40 AM
I think we're getting out knickers in a twist here.

Correct. The SFA licensing process has been phased in over the last few years and many clubs have been playing without licenses during that time. It's a bit of a non story.

The real issue is the transfer of SPL share to a new club. The vote on that is scheduled for a couple of days time but I think is almost certain to be postponed again while everyone pretends there's still a chance of the phantom CVA being approved.

DaveF
28-05-2012, 08:45 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ beaten to it! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This from the DR makes interesting reading

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/05/28/rangers-in-crisis-d-day-for-ibrox-club-as-deadline-arrives-to-submit-cva-to-creditors-86908-23876346/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I especially like

"The club’s prospective new owner has until close of play today to table the offer that he hopes will drag Gers out of administration.

If he delays any longer Record Sport understands it will be too late to save the club from liquidation with the last of Gers’ revenue streams set to dry up on June 1."

:flag:

Yipee - Another deadline :rolleyes:

Hibrandenburg
28-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Yipee - Another deadline :rolleyes:

As long as they're dead at the end of the line, then all is well.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Correct. The SFA licensing process has been phased in over the last few years and many clubs have been playing without licenses during that time. It's a bit of a non story.

The real issue is the transfer of SPL share to a new club. The vote on that is scheduled for a couple of days time but I think is almost certain to be postponed again while everyone pretends there's still a chance of the phantom CVA being approved.

Yeah, I'm with you two, and Alf and Cav about the licensing thing. It is a bit of a fuss about very little.

Hearts, as Cav says, got their licence to play in Europe, despite late accounts (which were heavily qualified). I've said it before, but I never did expect the SFA to be brutal about the financial fair-play rules in their first year of operation.

ScottB
28-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Surely the inescapable deadline is the start of June, when the players wages go back up and there's not a drop of income coming in. At that stage they surely have to shut everything down as all they are doing is reducing the pot for the creditors...

The_Todd
28-05-2012, 09:18 AM
As long as they're dead at the end of the line, then all is well.

:hilarious

TrickyNicky
28-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Not doubting you, but if the bit in bold is true, then you might want to talk to the admins about whether your post should stay....

Before they do, can I just say " Whoaa yuh little dancer " !!!!:drool:

It's like an episode of " Spooks " !

joe breezy
28-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Not doubting you, but if the bit in bold is true, then you might want to talk to the admins about whether your post should stay....

Just a copy and paste but should i delete it?

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Just a copy and paste but should i delete it?

I dunno, tbh. The admins are probably your best bet; they'll know better than me.

I am just a bit concerned that, if there is a media blackout, Hibs.net might get a battering.

Keep it handy though :greengrin