PDA

View Full Version : Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178

johnrebus
06-05-2012, 05:26 PM
http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/time-leadership-scottish-football/1392

Perfect.

But no-one is listening.

This is bigger than football now.

If Rangers are in the SPL next season, then God help us all.

The country is morally bankrupt.

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2012, 05:33 PM
If they are voted in as a newco, and start again as a SPL club, then those who voted for that will have hammered another nail, in fact maybe the last nail in Scottish footballs coffin.

How anyone can vote for this is beyond me, they are saying Rangers are more important than Scottish football? Rangers may survive and prosper, the rest of the game is ****ed and many many fans WILL walk away for ever.

Why would anyone vote in their favour knowing this? :confused:

johnrebus
06-05-2012, 05:35 PM
http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/time-leadership-scottish-football/1392

Perfect.

But no-one is listening.

JCHibby
06-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Perfect.

But no-one is listening.

If the SFA /SPL allow this what is the point in the game? Simply no point!

green glory
06-05-2012, 05:42 PM
I can see the newco palaver coming to naught. Craig Whyte still has 85% of the Hun's shares and a floating charge on the assets. Until that changes Bill Miller means nothing.

Hibrandenburg
06-05-2012, 05:49 PM
It's starting to look like it's up to us the fans to make sure that integrity and financial profit are one and the same.

If the dirty deed is done, then these greedy ****ers have shown that all they care about is money and the only way to get them to sit up and pay attention is to deprive them of that. Vote with your feet!

CentreLine
06-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Could this really have been written June 2011?

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/rangers-strike-it-lucky-with-their-new-owner/

I want this man to choose my lottery numbers

MountcastleHibs
06-05-2012, 05:55 PM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/rangers-takeover-john-yorkston-calls-on-spl-chairmen-to-relegate-newco-rangers-1-2278177

There may be hope yet.

CentreLine
06-05-2012, 06:00 PM

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/rangers-takeover-john-yorkston-calls-on-spl-chairmen-to-relegate-newco-rangers-1-2278177

There may be hope yet.

Actually, Dunfermline in the SFL may just be the place to watch football next season in newco Rangers are permitted in to the SPL. Not too far to travel from Edinburgh and at least we would know the club had some integrity. Probably not but it is worth the thought

EuanH78
06-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I can see the newco palaver coming to naught. Craig Whyte still has 85% of the Hun's shares and a floating charge on the assets. Until that changes Bill Miller means nothing.

With you on this. I think it's right people are making their feelings known, be it on a messageboard or more directly (if possible). But there is a long way for this to go yet, Rangers (new or old) could be tied up in legal wranglings for years. Good to keep the pressure on though.

A bit surprised some chairmen are stating their position publicly at this point, would have thought keeping the powder dry would be advisable.

Taxman hasnt played a card yet, ticketus gone very quiet as are Uefa (i'm sure they are watching) etc.. lots still to run here. Media look like they have played their hand as has Doncaster and their bluffing, we (Ten other SPL teams -whether some actually want it or not) could end up with a very big win here. Lots of positions could become untenable if this vehicle fails... bringing in the changes.

Hibrandenburg
06-05-2012, 06:04 PM

There may be hope yet.

Read this on Sky video text. Good for him and let's hope he's not quite as alone as if fears.

Of course he could also just be hoping that a demoted Rangers could save them from the drop.

Matty_Jack04
06-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Do we get to know how each club has voted tomorrow or is it hidden and we're told of the winning option?

There's a damn good chance Monday evening will be my last SPL game, may 19th my last involvement in Scottish football completely. It's funny how u knew that this outcome was coming and more importantly these chairmen in particular would be the ones bleating about money in the media whilst the rest kept there lips sealed.

Sickening that not only have u watched and paid for ur team to be cheated for years but you've been cheated out of tax money also and people still expect u to roll out the red carpet whilst they get a helping hand to carry on and face no punishment for there actions

No more I'm finished with it.

MrSmith
06-05-2012, 06:12 PM
John Yorkston, you are not a 'voice alone' I for one will support and add to your voice!

scoopyboy
06-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Do we get to know how each club has voted tomorrow or is it hidden and we're told of the winning option?
There's a damn good chance Monday evening will be my last SPL game, may 19th my last involvement in Scottish football completely. It's funny how u knew that this outcome was coming and more importantly these chairmen in particular would be the ones bleating about money in the media whilst the rest kept there lips sealed.

Sickening that not only have u watched and paid for ur team to be cheated for years but you've been cheated out of tax money also and people still expect u to roll out the red carpet whilst they get a helping hand to carry on and face no punishment for there actions

Wouldn't surprise me if there was no vote tomorrow and it was deferred to a later date again.

EuanH78
06-05-2012, 06:16 PM

I'm hoping the vote gets deferred again. Pressure is on Duff & Phelps/ Miller/ Rangers/ Doncaster etc.. not on the other clubs.

Keeping lips sealed at this point has got to be best course IMO.

SRHibs
06-05-2012, 06:17 PM

If this goes through, then there'll be many of us doing the same - I'm not 100%. If Rangers are allowed back in but Hibs win the Scottish Cup on the 19th, then I'd see that as a perfect end to my interest in Hibs and Scottish football. Sad, I know. :(

Benny Brazil
06-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if there was no vote tomorrow and it was deferred to a later date again.

According to Beeb radio / S Thompson D Utd chairman - it is the decision of the SPL board - so the clubs may not even get / have to vote on this. That is the current rules of the SPL - there is nothing written down that the clubs get to vote on this - but as we know rules can be changed.

Brando7
06-05-2012, 06:26 PM

Is it wrong to say i love this guy :greengrin Most sence spoken throughout this long drawout saga...cant wait for his next article :greengrin

As someone said earlier name an SPL side gone bust after getting relegated and not getting any OF money or tv deal??????????? NONE

What's wrong with everyone sucking it up n get the youngsters playing for a few years n making the scotting game & national team a lot better in the long run.

The 3 year Europe ban be an empty threat really as if they went to Div 3 will take 3 years anyway to get back to the SPL so there no they not lost anything there unless they win the scottish cup but will 50,000 fans flock to Div 3 game i think not...that their punishment right there!!

DH1875
06-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Why does everyone think that Whyte is gonna be an issue? Am I not right in thinking that the last Liverpool owners were forced by the courts to give up the club. Any chance anyone in the know could break that down for me.

Brando7
06-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Why does everyone think that Whyte is gonna be an issue? Am I not right in thinking that the last Liverpool owners were forced by the courts to give up the club. Any chance anyone in the know could break that down for me.

They way i've read it he will own 85% of a debt ridden club with no assest cause they been stripped n sold to a newco

So with all this debt getting written off by moving to a newco buisness wize..wot in anyone tom dick or harry life decides in taking out a £50,000 loan n heading down to the fort n buy a nice new porsche boxer then transferring the car in my wifes name same with the house n go bankrupt do i get to keep my house n nice new porsche cause it doesnt belong to me but have bad credit for 3 years...is this where i've been going wrong all these years :greengrin

lapsedhibee
06-05-2012, 07:09 PM

Fab.

Has McCoist demanded to know the identity of the author yet?

hibsbollah
06-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I wouldnt like to be a postie on Yorkston's round for the next few weeks.

Jim44
06-05-2012, 07:15 PM
According to Beeb radio / S Thompson D Utd chairman - it is the decision of the SPL board - so the clubs may not even get / have to vote on this. That is the current rules of the SPL - there is nothing written down that the clubs get to vote on this - but as we know rules can be changed.

I think they want all clubs involved because the board members are frightened of reprisals from Rangers supporters. What a sad state of affairs. :rolleyes:

grunt
06-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Another interesting blog update by Albion Rovers fan McConville re the TBK view of things

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/the-blue-knights-and-duff-phelps-guest-post-by-den/

Liberal Hibby
06-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Another interesting blog update by Celtc fan McConville re the TBK view of things

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/the-blue-knights-and-duff-phelps-guest-post-by-den/

McConville is an Albion Rovers fan.

DH1875
06-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Why has no one within a "high position" within Scottish football or media come out and really questioned why we need Rangers. I just don't get the argument for keeping them. Look at it from a Hibs point of view, we've had one game against them this season (at ER) so what's that £98k in ticket sales on their side. How much does it cost to police the game? Deduct the extra amount compared to a normal game from the £98k. Even IF you add in hospitality and the likes I seriously doubt they bring us in more than £100k a game. Flip that round and lets say we lose 1k season ticket holders because their back in (probably more). That's a loss of of about £405,000 a season before you even start thinking about what they spend in the stadium. That's at least a difference of £300k. Add in we would have a better chance of winning trophies and making Europe and the extra revenue that brings in, I don't get it. ESPN have already said they will continue to screen the games, which leaves SKY. Have they ever come out and said there would be NO contract? They might not offer the full amount, but then Rangers get a massive chunk of it as it stands.
Rod has to vote them out. Keeping them in the SPL could kill us more than kicking them out.

grunt
06-05-2012, 08:14 PM
McConville is an Albion Rovers fan.
Sorry, my mistake

EuanH78
06-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Why has no one within a "high position" within Scottish football or media come out and really questioned why we need Rangers. I just don't get the argument for keeping them. Look at it from a Hibs point of view, we've had one game against them this season (at ER) so what's that £98k in ticket sales on their side. How much does it cost to police the game? Deduct the extra amount compared to a normal game from the £98k. Even IF you add in hospitality and the likes I seriously doubt they bring us in more than £100k a game. Flip that round and lets say we lose 1k season ticket holders because their back in (probably more). That's a loss of of about £405,000 a season before you even start thinking about what they spend in the stadium. That's at least a difference of £300k. Add in we would have a better chance of winning trophies and making Europe and the extra revenue that brings in, I don't get it. ESPN have already said they will continue to screen the games, which leaves SKY. Have they ever come out and said there would be NO contract? They might not offer the full amount, but then Rangers get a massive chunk of it as it stands.
Rod has to vote them out. Keeping them in the SPL could kill us more than kicking them out.

Said this a few posts back, RP isnt as daft as some people on here seem to think. I do not expect Hibs will vote for newco Rangers back in SPL.

jgl07
06-05-2012, 08:57 PM

Al Jazeera are reputedly trying to break into the sports TV business and could be a replacement for Sky.

You never know a show of resolve from the SPL could reap benefits in terms of attendances.

Then Celtic could be outvoted to even up the cash allocation to claw some of the losses back.

I suspect that the clubs will be worse off than they are this season. However they will be in a better position than they will be if Rangers are waved back in.

There will be an organized boycott that will lose the SPL a large number of supporters and there will also be a drifting away of support through apathy that may cost even more.

Jim44
06-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Fab.

Has McCoist demanded to know the identity of the author yet?

He probably spoke to him at Ibrox on Friday when he destroyed Paul Clark in the interview after the 'successful bid' announcement.

Ozyhibby
06-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Said this a few posts back, RP isnt as daft as some people on here seem to think. I do not expect Hibs will vote for newco Rangers back in SPL.

More than anything else from this sorry situation I hope you are correct.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Al Jazeera are only interested in covering Dundee Utd games!

gramskiwood
06-05-2012, 11:09 PM
:greengrin
Al Jazeera are only interested in covering Dundee Utd games!

FitbaFolkKen
06-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Sorry if posted elsewhere....

"The clubs are mindful of a sporting integrity aspect but the commercial benefits may outweigh that." Killie Chairman Michael Johnston.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17967968

Totally corrupt statement if ever I have seen one.I haven't been to wound up about this scenario but reading this really got my goat.

He might as well have said my vote can be bought, our game is spiralling to it's death I fear. :grr:

Saorsa
07-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Sorry if posted elsewhere....

"The clubs are mindful of a sporting integrity aspect but the commercial benefits may outweigh that." Killie Chairman Michael Johnston.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17967968

Totally corrupt statement if ever I have seen one.I haven't been to wound up about this scenario but reading this really got my goat.

He might as well have said my vote can be bought, our game is spiralling to it's death I fear. :grr::agree: Bend over Michael, dinnae forget your vaseline :rolleyes:

Michael Johnston >>>http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/buttsex.gif

Caversham Green
07-05-2012, 07:51 AM

Another excellent piece fron Alex Thomson, but for most of it he's only stating the blindingly obvious. Why can't Doncaster et al see it.

Another interesting blog update by Albion Rovers fan McConville re the TBK view of things

An interesting comment from D&P in there:

HMRC and Ticketus are both creditors of the company and the creditors have voted in favour of the proposals which enable us to do this deal.

First, he carefully avoids saying that HMRC and Ticketus have individually voted in favour, all he says is that the creditors as a body have voted in favour.
Second, as far as I'm aware all that the creditors have voted for is to allow D&P to carry out negotiations without referring back to the creditors each time. That's pretty much a formality unless they vote to remove the administrators and I doubt if it needed the 75% value majority.

Not quite a lie, but not quite the truth - that's the way things are going in this depressing story.

Jim44
07-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Stephen Thomson says it's a lose-lose situation. Well mate, what is the greater loss? The level of working capital which, OK, will require some rationalisation of their business plans which would eventially flatten out etc. Or to lose the body, heart and soul of their clubs. No brainer in my opinion.

BarneyK
07-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Stephen Thomson says it's a lose-lose situation. Well mate, what is the greater loss? The level of working capital which, OK, will require some rationalisation of their business plans which would eventially flatten out etc. Or to lose the body, heart and soul of their clubs. No brainer in my opinion.

Although I agree with this, I can see the predicament the custodians are in. If they were starting from fresh then fair enough. As it is though, they have players on contracts who require paying as per those contracts, and those contracts were agreed with the money coming in as it currently does. If there is suddenly a £600k deficit, how do they manage that?

A way has to be found. This is too important to just let it slide.

bingo70
07-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Although I agree with this, I can see the predicament the custodians are in. If they were starting from fresh then fair enough. As it is though, they have players on contracts who require paying as per those contracts, and those contracts were agreed with the money coming in as it currently does. If there is suddenly a £600k deficit, how do they manage that?

With the exception of Gretna who were never a real club anyway clubs that get relegated always seem to survive so everyone would find a way of getting bye, players would take wage cuts or be released and more young players would get a chance.

I think a bigger predicament for the people making the decisions is the likelyhood of death threats etc on them from the moron rangers fans, it's something they're bound to be wary of.

BarneyK
07-05-2012, 08:44 AM
With the exception of Gretna who were never a real club anyway clubs that get relegated always seem to survive so everyone would find a way of getting bye, players would take wage cuts or be released and more young players would get a chance.

I think a bigger predicament for the people making the decisions is the likelyhood of death threats etc on them from the moron rangers fans, it's something they're bound to be wary of.

Very good point. To be honest, I don't think Hibs would be so badly affected. :thumbsup:

Onion
07-05-2012, 08:47 AM

The simple way to defuse the whole situation is for Rangers to man-up and take their punishment. McCoist et al have already acknowledged that the "right thing to so" is for the Huns to start again in the 3rd Div - for the sake of sport and fair play. The fact that they are insisting on a much lesser punishment shows the calibre of the man and the Huns as a species. Self interest and preservation - whether it is deserved or not- is all that matters to them.

If the Huns (who basically are bankrupt anyway) went to that meeting and said, we acknowledge the problems we've caused to ourselves, HMRC, other clubs and creditors etc and accept that any NewCo needs to start again - stick us in the 3rd Div, then there is no decision for the SPL/SFA or other clubs. They would just have to get on and re-cut their business plans, cut back their operations and get on with it.

This is all about the Huns, caused by the Huns and they will kill the sport - unless THEY do what's right.

BarneyK
07-05-2012, 08:54 AM
The simple way to defuse the whole situation is for Rangers to man-up and take their punishment. McCoist et al have already acknowledged that the "right thing to so" is for the Huns to start again in the 3rd Div - for the sake of sport and fair play. The fact that they are insisting on a much lesser punishment shows the calibre of the man and the Huns as a species. Self interest and preservation - whether it is deserved or not- is all that matters to them.

If the Huns (who basically are bankrupt anyway) went to that meeting and said, we acknowledge the problems we've caused to ourselves, HMRC, other clubs and creditors etc and accept that any NewCo needs to start again - stick us in the 3rd Div, then there is no decision for the SPL/SFA or other clubs. They would just have to get on and re-cut their business plans, cut back their operations and get on with it.

This is all about the Huns, caused by the Huns and they will kill the sport - unless THEY do what's right.

True, but it will have an effect on the other clubs in Scotland. Let's not be so blind as to refuse that plain fact. I'm not saying make our decision based on that, but acknowledge it at least. It could be the difference between us signing McPake and not signing McPake. Personally, I would be more comfortable playing 11 kids for a few seasons than compromising the integrity of the game, but there is another side. The game would be hard to stomach if they are allowed to stay in the SPL, that's for sure.

Onion
07-05-2012, 08:56 AM

This has always been an issue with the OF and one of the main reasons referees have favoured them over the years in key decisions, and the SFA have done NOTHING about bigotry/sectarianism. This decision however is on another level altogether, and exactly why UEFA need to step in and sort them out.

Do you think UEFA would allow NewCo straight into the SPL, take 5 months to investigate Whyte, or worry about the Huns threats ? No chance.

James70
07-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Can't help but wonder what the late Ernie Walker, Jim Farry and Willie Allan would have made of this whole debacle and how they would have handled it.

PatHead
07-05-2012, 09:00 AM

I don't. I think it is pure unadulterated greed on behalf of the Directors.

Spoke to a director of a SPL club this morning re Steven Thompson's "dilemma" which seemingly is causing him a lot of heart searching. One of the fears is that with any potential loss of income the club could really struggle to survive as all contracts are worked out on budgets. The Bank Managers don't want to hear about morals when it comes to paying bills over the short term. Basically don't have sympathy with that argument as I was always taught to stand up for your beliefs. Hibs have done it for years and look at the grief they have had on this message board apart from in the wider world. Why should they continue to be penalised for behaving. Imagine if we were to suffer the ultimate penalty and get relegated this season for trying to budget. Where is the justice in that?

At this moment in time I feel like a guy who has found out his girlfriend has cheated on him again. Do you forgive or finally make the right decision and tell her to get tae? Do you still speak to friends who knew all along what was going on or do you shut them out your life as well because basically you don't need friends like that. You know eventually you will find something to replace the void so are you big enough to make the right decision.

Without being too dramatic tonight could be my last time inside Easter Road and that is a strange feeling.

marinello59
07-05-2012, 09:00 AM
This has always been an issue with the OF and one of the main reasons referees have favoured them over the years in key decisions, and the SFA have done NOTHING about bigotry/sectarianism. This decision however is on another level altogether, and exactly why UEFA need to step in and sort them out.

Do you think UEFA would allow NewCo straight into the SPL, take 5 months to investigate Whyte, or worry about the Huns threats ? No chance.

I don't see how UEFA could get involved. The SPL would not be bending or breaking any rules as the rules to deal with this situation satisfactorily don't currently exist.

PatHead
07-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Can't help but wonder what the late Ernie Walker, Jim Farry and Willie Allan would have made of this whole debacle and how they would have handled it.

They were all further up Rangers @rse than the current lot. At least the current bunch admit they are siding with Rangers. Previous ones did all their talking in the lodge don't let time disguise that.

cad
07-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Stephen Thomson says it's a lose-lose situation. Well mate, what is the greater loss? The level of working capital which, OK, will require some rationalisation of their business plans which would eventually flatten out etc. Or to lose the body, heart and soul of their clubs. No brainer in my opinion.

Its a numbers game now Jim, the guarantee of the Hun hordes ,or what walks away in the fall out .
This will test Rod big time will he play safe with what he knows or not .:cb

PatHead
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't see how UEFA could get involved. The SPL would not be bending or breaking any rules as the rules to deal with this situation satisfactorily don't currently exist.

Surely bringing the game into disrepute by breaking financial fair play guidelines (or rules if they have reached that stage) Ban all Scottish clubs from Europe and hit them where it hurts.

TheEastTerrace
07-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Interesting post from Paul McConville this morning - 'unpalatable' read indeed!

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/what-is-the-spl-for-shock-news-a-business-which-wants-to-make-money/

Is the SPL a sporting body or a commercial business?

BarneyK
07-05-2012, 09:06 AM
I don't. I think it is pure unadulterated greed on behalf of the Directors.

Spoke to a director of a SPL club this morning re Steven Thompson's "dilemma" which seemingly is causing him a lot of heart searching. One of the fears is that with any potential loss of income the club could really struggle to survive as all contracts are worked out on budgets. The Bank Managers don't want to hear about morals when it comes to paying bills over the short term. Basically don't have sympathy with that argument as I was always taught to stand up for your beliefs. Hibs have done it for years and look at the grief they have had on this message board apart from in the wider world. Why should they continue to be penalised for behaving. Imagine if we were to suffer the ultimate penalty and get relegated this season for trying to budget. Where is the justice in that?

At this moment in time I feel like a guy who has found out his girlfriend has cheated on him again. Do you forgive or finally make the right decision and tell her to get tae? Do you still speak to friends who knew all along what was going on or do you shut them out your life as well because basically you don't need friends like that. You know eventually you will find something to replace the void so are you big enough to make the right decision.

Without being too dramatic tonight could be my last time inside Easter Road and that is a strange feeling.

I do think that every single club wants Rangers to face a proper punishment, it's just that they have more to consider than just what is right for the game. Their first priority is what is right for their club. Relegating Rangers to the 3rd Division is certainly not the best option as far as we are concerned, it is, however, the only option as far as sporting integrity is concerned, and as far as the continued support and love of the Scottish game of the fans. It's a difficult decision but they have to stand tall.

greenginger
07-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Talking about threats , has the SFA done anything about McCoist's disgraceful demands for the names of the panel members who imposed sanctions on Rangers or even found out the source of the first twitter, post or whatever put out those individuals details.

My bet the info came direct from Rangers Football Club, a disgusting , corrupt and poisonous institution that has no place in Scottish society.

johnrebus
07-05-2012, 09:11 AM

Er.....,

Things would never had gone on this long, thats for sure.

Rangers would be sailing along as normal with everything brushed under the carpet.

:devil:

joe breezy
07-05-2012, 09:15 AM
"As a reminder; Celtic, Motherwell & St.Johnstone as the clubs represented on the SPL board, along with R Topping and N Doncaster."

Pie & Bovril Twitter post - says that these are the only people who will make the decision re newco Rangers getting into SPL

Keith_M
07-05-2012, 09:19 AM
There are two things we as fans can do to show our feelings on this matter.

Firstly, let the clubs know that the effect on attendances if clubs vote the newco straight back into the SPL will be negative BUT, in the opposite scenario, we have to be able to commit to a financial benefit to the other clubs as well.

If the 'other 10' are worried about losing the visiting support of Rangers twice a season, then it will take commitment on behalf of the supporters to help make up for that loss, by turning up more often in the case of PATG or perhaps committing to a Season Ticket.

To me, I would be prepared to put more into Hibs in this way if I thought it was rewarding "Morals over Money".

bighairyfaeleith
07-05-2012, 09:21 AM
The problem is the clubs can calculate how much demoting rangers will cost them, what they can't work out is how much saving them will cost!!

BarneyK
07-05-2012, 09:28 AM
The problem is the clubs can calculate how much demoting rangers will cost them, what they can't work out is how much saving them will cost!!

Spot on :agree:

Barney McGrew
07-05-2012, 09:33 AM
"As a reminder; Celtic, Motherwell & St.Johnstone as the clubs represented on the SPL board, along with R Topping and N Doncaster."

Pie & Bovril Twitter post - says that these are the only people who will make the decision re newco Rangers getting into SPL

I think we all know which way Topper and Doncaster will be casting their vote, so unfortunately it's a foregone conclusion.

lapsedhibee
07-05-2012, 09:37 AM
has the SFA done anything about McCoist's disgraceful demands for the names of the panel members who imposed sanctions on Rangers

In any decently run organisation, McCoist would have been exphunged for this by now.

steviehibsleith
07-05-2012, 09:59 AM
This is a chance to overturn Scottish football and bring it back for the fans and the quality of football on the pitch. Integrity must be at the forefront or Scottish football will be a laughing stock and I for one will not be happy.

Lets punish Rangers and start fresh - The Germans did a huge change 10 years ago and now have the most supported leagues in the world.

Wage caps for all clubs - makes parity for all concerned and encourages Homegrown talent as not able to afford foreign stars. National team will then improve

Reduced pricing at the gate - average price for Bundesliga game is 13 euros and that includes local transport.

I dont know what will work in our game but lets at least do something now - 16 teams in a league for a start and not playing each other 4 times a season which is a big killer of our game.

Lets think to Scotlands future even if its 5 or 10 years down the line we need a drastic change as look at all team and league attendences this season - Premier league games with 3000 people is poor.

I see this as a oppurtunity I hope for the games sake in our country which I love they do something positive.

TowerHibs
07-05-2012, 10:25 AM
This is a chance to overturn Scottish football and bring it back for the fans and the quality of football on the pitch. Integrity must be at the forefront or Scottish football will be a laughing stock and I for one will not be happy.

Lets punish Rangers and start fresh - The Germans did a huge change 10 years ago and now have the most supported leagues in the world.

Wage caps for all clubs - makes parity for all concerned and encourages Homegrown talent as not able to afford foreign stars. National team will then improve

Reduced pricing at the gate - average price for Bundesliga game is 13 euros and that includes local transport.

I dont know what will work in our game but lets at least do something now - 16 teams in a league for a start and not playing each other 4 times a season which is a big killer of our game.

Lets think to Scotlands future even if its 5 or 10 years down the line we need a drastic change as look at all team and league attendences this season - Premier league games with 3000 people is poor.

I see this as a oppurtunity I hope for the games sake in our country which I love they do something positive.
Been saying the exact same for all of this

Sure it will be murder for a year or 2 - but it's murder now and it will only be worse knowing the corruption in the SPL. Time fro drastic change and an opportunity to change people's attitudes in the Scotland

Keith_M
07-05-2012, 10:36 AM

I agree with your general idea but it's important to state actual facts. The average price for a Bundesliga game is a lot more than 13 Euros. I would say it was somewhere in the 25-35 Euro bracket. There are often areas of the stadium where you can get in for 14 Euros, standing room only, but this is subsidised by often very high prices for seating and the TV money.

For instance, Wolfsburg, a mid level Bundesliga team, have this price range

A 50
B 45
C 35
D 30
F 22
G 15 (Standing)

TheEastTerrace
07-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I agree with your general idea but it's important to state actual facts. The average price for a Bundesliga game is a lot more than 13 Euros. I would say it was somewhere in the 25-35 Euro bracket. There are often areas of the stadium where you can get in for 14 Euros, standing room only, but this is subsidised by often very high prices for seating and the TV money.

For instance, Wolfsburg, a mid level Bundesliga team, have this price range

A 50
B 45
C 35
D 30
F 22
G 15 (Standing)

:agree:

The German pricing structure is an excellent model that allows fans from all walks of life to attend. However, money is still a driver. The large corporates that invest heavily in the likes of Bayern Munich via seating, hospitality, sponsorship and commercial partnerships, plus those supporters willing to pay more for 'vantage points' in the stadium mean the cheaper tickets can be subsidised. Of course, you then have the TV income.

Don't get me wrong though, the Germans are so far ahead of us is getting it right in all aspects of the sport.

bingo70
07-05-2012, 11:04 AM

The German pricing structure is an excellent model that allows fans from all walks of life to attend. However, money is still a driver. The large corporates that invest heavily in the likes of Bayern Munich via seating, hospitality, sponsorship and commercial partnerships, plus those supporters willing to pay more for 'vantage points' in the stadium mean the cheaper tickets can be subsidised. Of course, you then have the TV income.

Don't get me wrong though, the Germans are so far ahead of us is getting it right in all aspects of the sport.

I'm somebody that has defended the board in terms of pricing as they charge what they need to charge but i'm changing my mind on that, current prices aren't working so we need to look at doing things differently. By that i don't mean have a buy one get one free offer with the shirts.

I personally found the season ticket prices for next season insulting so i've not renewed and i think if it wasn't for getting to the cup final we'd have seen a record low, if we are to recover i don't think getting a good team on the park will be enough, we need to really look at doing something completely radical so if something could be agreed with the SPL then nows the time to do it.

I don't know if this is workable but one option could be a fixed price to get in agreed with all clubs and the lower prices could be subsidised by the TV companies, it's in there interests for stadiums to be full as well.

CyberSauzee
07-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Talking about threats , has the SFA done anything about McCoist's disgraceful demands for the names of the panel members who imposed sanctions on Rangers or even found out the source of the first twitter, post or whatever put out those individuals details.

My bet the info came direct from Rangers Football Club, a disgusting , corrupt and poisonous institution that has no place in Scottish society.

No, and nothing about their sectarian singing clearly audible at several games over the last few weeks. Our official sight has a link warning us of our obligations now:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~2631950,00.html

The offence will cover sectarian and other offensive chanting and threatening behaviour related to football which is likely to cause public disorder.It covers:
Expressing or inciting religious, racial or other forms of hatred.

The sooner they are closed down for the good of society the better. An organisation that panders to idiots stuck in time about 300 years ago.

ScottB
07-05-2012, 11:09 AM
The big issue today is that I suspect they think they are choosing between keeping things as they are, and losing Rangers income.

What they appear to not realise, or some of them anyway, is it is a choice between having no Rangers fans to make money off of, or having nobody but Rangers fans to make money off of.

TrinityHibs
07-05-2012, 11:13 AM

Does that mean we could sign Ribery, Roben and Boateng?

jdships
07-05-2012, 11:35 AM

:top marks:agree:

...WentToMowAnSPL
07-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Trinity Hibs ... Top Marks ... Are you Earnie Walker's secret dossier ?

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2012, 01:04 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/318558

CELTIC fans’ chief Joe O’Rourke has vowed that the Hoops’ travelling support will stay away from the grounds of clubs who fail to vote for sanctions on Rangers when the SPL members meet (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/318558#)to discuss possible penalties for newcos.

i imagine most people will see this as a good thing, all old firm fans boycotting ER :greengrin but, anything that's done by fans of every SPL club to make sure proper punishment is meted out to the tax-dodging cheats is a good thing :aok:

Seveno
07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Let's make our views known by simply chanting the name of John Yorkston tonight.

Once we are 3 goals up and finished singing 'Cheer up Jimmy Jeffries' though !

shagpile
07-05-2012, 01:15 PM

CELTIC fans’ chief Joe O’Rourke has vowed that the Hoops’ travelling support will stay away from the grounds of clubs who fail to vote for sanctions on Rangers when the SPL members meet (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/318558#)to discuss possible penalties for newcos.

i imagine most people will see this as a good thing, all old firm fans boycotting ER :greengrin but, anything that's done by fans of every SPL club to make sure proper punishment is meted out to the tax-dodging cheats is a good thing :aok:

This will be the 'holier than thou' celtic fans is it? The same ones found guilty by UEFA for rule breaches on sectarian singing on two occasions?
**** them too.

ScottB
07-05-2012, 01:17 PM

Will they be staying away from Celtic Park once it becomes apparent that their own club are most likely the cheer leaders for keeping their bigoted brethren in the SPL I wonder...

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2012, 01:26 PM
This will be the 'holier than thou' celtic fans is it? The same ones found guilty by UEFA for rule breaches on sectarian singing on two occasions?
**** them too.

as an honest tax payer of this country...i would rather have my little sensitive ears hurt, rather than my pocket :)

oh and p.s. i believe the buns were also found guilty(and fined, and home ground closed for one game) because of sectarian singing....the point remains....anything that can ensure proper punishment against the cheats the better, jeezo i even hope the yamboids join in as well :agree:

cad
07-05-2012, 01:39 PM
]Let's make our views known by simply chanting the name of John Yorkston tonight. [/B]

Good point Seveno a bit of solidarity wouldn't go amiss if you ask me, about time people come out from behind the keyboards let it be known :singing:

Just Alf
07-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Paul McConville's updated his blog..... if I read it right the SPL just need to delay amy decison for another week..... then the Huns only route back in is via the 3rd Division...... I think :rolleyes:

Rangers & the Incubator – Part 3 - What Have Newco, SPL and SFA To Do? http://t.co/eApHM0ev

green glory
07-05-2012, 02:22 PM
https://twitter.com/bbcchrismclaug/status/199504019952111616

SPL meeting adjourned till the 30th.

Just Alf
07-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Just heard....

Chris McLaughlin(BBC)

SPL meeting on financial fair play adjourned again, reconvenes on 30th.

Just Alf
07-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Caroline Henderson‏@STVCaroline

#SPL have adjourned again until 30th #rangers representatives didn't turn up John Yorkston appeared frustrated and disappointed

:cb

green glory
07-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Bill Miller won't be getting his assurances till it's too late then hopefully.

EuanH78
07-05-2012, 02:26 PM

Absolutely delighted if this turns out to be true :greengrin

By far the best move by the other teams anyway..:top marks

Spike Mandela
07-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Absolutely delighted if this turns out to be true :greengrin

By far the best move by the other teams anyway..:top marks

Why? Surely just leaving the door open for Miller to carry out his 'cunning plan' before any new rules in place. Looks like a cowards Kop out to me.

green glory
07-05-2012, 02:31 PM
https://twitter.com/markbenstead/status/199505325441818624

Great news. The issue of the double contracts is being taken seriously. The Huns only have enough money to keep going till the end of the month too.

CentreLine
07-05-2012, 02:47 PM

#SPL have adjourned again until 30th #rangers representatives didn't turn up John Yorkston appeared frustrated and disappointed

Phew! Glad about that because my seat would have lain empty at Hampden if this vote had gone ahead and newco Rangers were to be allowed back in to the SPL. Now I can at least attend the final in good spirits and wait and see what the verdict is from there. Ya beauty!!!!!!

EuanH78
07-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Why? Surely just leaving the door open for Miller to carry out his 'cunning plan' before any new rules in place. Looks like a cowards Kop out to me.

Bit of a gut feeling Spike, I reckon this Miller deal is very unlikely to fly (the more uncertainty the better tbh) I think this was an desperate attempt by admins/ doncaster/ Rangers to flush out the position of the other SPL chairmen and it hasnt worked. With the uncertainty it means Miller doesnt have any assurances or even know what position the club will be in and is likely to cool interest (if it was ever genuine in the 1st place) Remember the Huns are running out of money very soon indeed, a sale needs to happen desperately and anything that throws a spanner in those works is a good thing IMO. I think they will be liquidated and the ashes bought by the BK, no choice but to apply for SFL div 3 - 'Winning' as Charlie Sheen would say.

ancienthibby
07-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Bit of a gut feeling Spike, I reckon this Miller deal is very unlikely to fly (the more uncertainty the better tbh) I think this was an desperate attempt by admins/ doncaster/ Rangers to flush out the position of the other SPL chairmen and it hasnt worked. With the uncertainty it means Miller doesnt have any assurances or even know what position the club will be in and is likely to cool interest (if it was ever genuine in the 1st place) Remember the Huns are running out of money very soon indeed, a sale needs to happen desperately and anything that throws a spanner in those works is a good thing IMO. I think they will be liquidated and the ashes bought by the BK, no choice but to apply for SFL div 3 - 'Winning' as Charlie Sheen would say.

Chris McL:

Rangers administrators asked for meeting to be adjourned, per Neil Donkey.

greenginger
07-05-2012, 03:00 PM

Forcing Duff and Duffer to put the Beast down, no blood on their hands all the admins fault. :agree:

Suburban Hibby
07-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Does Der Hun not turning up just show the contempt that they hold the others in this league?

Much as i am enjoying the slow painful death of them, I am all for ending them now!

EuanH78
07-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Isn't it the case that Bill Miller has to pay 1/2 million pounds for preferred bidder status? That might indicate a level of interest, whether the interest remains after full disclosure is another matter. It's certainly an odd acquisition for Bill Miller.

That 500k is included in his 11.2M bid IIRC. Certainly not been paid upfront.

EuanH78
07-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Chris McL:

Still in our best interests IMO

CropleyWasGod
07-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Chris McL:

Even althought they weren't there? :confused:

EuanH78
07-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Forcing Duff and Duffer to put the Beast down, no blood on their hands all the admins fault. :agree:

Cant do multi-quote (sorry all) but yes, this is what I think. Bring it on.

TheEastTerrace
07-05-2012, 03:14 PM

Of course, from reading Twitter today sounds like the entire club has decamped to Belfast to give it 'No Surrender' with their mates from Linfield!

EuanH78
07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Cheers,
Does that mean the blue knights also paid £500k or do they only take it from the preferred bidder?

Not entirely sure to be honest, I'll see if I can find where I read that - remember though, at first it was 1M to secure preferred bidder status which somehow (without much comment) became 500k. I would guess that nobody actually wanted to stump it up and it was included in all full bids - I read that as 'a dead horse being flogged' but sure the financial types have their own (more informed) view.

hibs0666
07-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Cheers,
Does that mean the blue knights also paid £500k or do they only take it from the preferred bidder?

Blue knights have paid hee haw.

CropleyWasGod
07-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Not entirely sure to be honest, I'll see if I can find where I read that - remember though, at first it was 1M to secure preferred bidder status which somehow (without much comment) became 500k. I would guess that nobody actually wanted to stump it up and it was included in all full bids - I read that as 'a dead horse being flogged' but sure the financial types have their own (more informed) view.

I remember it as being $1m, not £1m.

And it is only the preferred bidder that pays.

EuanH78
07-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I remember it as being $1m, not £1m.

And it is only the preferred bidder that pays.

Are you sure of that CWG? I seem to remember it beng quoted before international bids were known and it was in £ - what is the exchange rate anyway?

CropleyWasGod
07-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Are you sure of that CWG? I seem to remember it beng quoted before international bids were known and it was in £ - what is the exchange rate anyway?

Nope :greengrin

PatHead
07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Looks like one of the reasons for the delay was to allow all clubs vote on newco as per BBC

However, an SPL spokesperson said the 11 member clubs present at Monday's meeting "unanimously called for the power to deal with any newco application to be moved from the board to the clubs".
"This requires 21 clear days' notice," added the spokesperson. "The clubs will therefore meet again on 30 May to consider a resolution designed to achieve this.
"In the event that an application for transfer of share to a newco is received before 30 May, then it can be dealt with by the SPL board.
"The SPL board have indicated that they would, in those circumstances, call together the clubs before any such decision was made.
"For the avoidance of doubt, no decision on any transfer of a share to a newco has yet been made; nor has any such application been received.

By the way when does a member club cease to be a member following relegation?

EuanH78
07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Nope :greengrin

:greengrin Anyway still doesnt stack up whether it was $1M or £1M, its now £500k and we'll throw in a gourd and a false beard as well.

ancienthibby
07-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Full BBC story:

SPL delay decisions on financial fair play and voting rightshttp://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59955000/jpg/_59955400_chris.jpgBy Chris McLaughlinSenior Football Reporter, BBC Scotland
Scottish Premier League clubs meeting at Hampden have delayed voting on financial fair play rules until 30 May.
Proposed resolutions (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17681268) include the docking of 10 points for two seasons for clubs who wish to transfer their share in the league to a new company.
Dunfermline chairman John Yorkston said clubs were seeking more information.
Rangers, whose prospective owner Bill Miller is keen on a transfer of assets to a newco, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17943432) did not attend Monday's SPL meeting but asked for the adjournment.
Administrators Duff & Phelps have selected American Miller as preferred bidder to take control of the Ibrox club and he plans to move Rangers' assets, including their share in the SPL, players and premises, to an 'incubator' company whilst the debts of the existing business are dealt with.

SPL PROPOSALS

Minimum of 15 points deducted from any club entering administration
10-point penalty for two seasons for any club that transfers its share in the SPL to a new company
75% reduction in payments to any club relaunched as a new company for a period of three seasons
Requirement for clubs to pay players on time and to report any failure to pay wages
Requirement for clubs to report any failure to pay PAYE/NIC
Player registration embargo imposed on any club failing to pay PAYE/NIC

Under current guidelines, an application for transfer of share to a newco would be ruled upon by the SPL board, which comprises chief executive Neil Doncaster, secretary Ralph Topping, Celtic director Eric Riley, Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson, St Johnstone chairman Steve Brown and Motherwell director Derek Weir.
However, an SPL spokesperson said the 11 member clubs present at Monday's meeting "unanimously called for the power to deal with any newco application to be moved from the board to the clubs".
"This requires 21 clear days' notice," added the spokesperson. "The clubs will therefore meet again on 30 May to consider a resolution designed to achieve this.
"In the event that an application for transfer of share to a newco is received before 30 May, then it can be dealt with by the SPL board.
"The SPL board have indicated that they would, in those circumstances, call together the clubs before any such decision was made.
"For the avoidance of doubt, no decision on any transfer of a share to a newco has yet been made; nor has any such application been received."
The proposed new financial fair play rules, which also include a minimum 15-point penalty for any club entering administration and requirements for clubs to pay player wages on time, were due to take effect from 14 May had they been passed.
"It took a long time to not decide anything," said Yorkston.
"We need to know more information, we were hoping it would get resolved at this meeting.
"We all want to make quick decisions and come out with what the story is but we don't have enough information."
Top flight clubs were also due to vote on whether to change the league's voting stucture but that too has been delayed until the end of May.
A resolution has been proposed to replace the current 11-1 majority required to effect major changes with a 9-3 ballot.

greenlex
07-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Looks like one of the reasons for the delay was to allow all clubs vote on newco as per BBC

"For the avoidance of doubt, no decision on any transfer of a share to a newco has yet been made; nor has any such application been received.

So 21 days notice to remove the newco nonsense from the SPL board and back to the clubs. Why wasnt that notice given at or prior to the last meeting? Coveniently gets us past the end of the season now. I smell a dirty great big rat. Not happy at all.

CropleyWasGod
07-05-2012, 03:48 PM
So 21 days notice to remove the newco nonsense from the SPL board and back to the clubs. Why wasnt that notice given at or prior to the last meeting? Coveniently gets us past the end of the season now. I smell a dirty great big rat. Not happy at all.

Don't agree. I think all the clubs have considered their positions over the past couple of weeks and decided that this is just too big a decision for the 6-person Board.

EuanH78
07-05-2012, 03:51 PM

Arent you encouraged that the clubs want this to go to full vote in first place?

blindsummit
07-05-2012, 04:00 PM
:greengrin Anyway still doesnt stack up whether it was $1M or £1M, its now £500k and we'll throw in a gourd and a false beard as well.

Don't you want to haggle :greengrin

Mikey
07-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Don't agree. I think all the clubs have considered their positions over the past couple of weeks and decided that this is just too big a decision for the 6-person Board.

Arent you encouraged that the clubs want this to go to full vote in first place?

It's certainly to our advantage that the clubs will vote and not the board.

bighairyfaeleith
07-05-2012, 04:14 PM
It's certainly to our advantage that the clubs will vote and not the board.

agreed, although what numbers do we need to block them getting in??

Don Giovanni
07-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Is the issue not that the clubs may not get to vote on a Rangers newco if the SPL board are able to sneak it through before the 30th of May? Doncaster and Topping have been pretty explicit about how they would vote afterall.

The clubs are certainly giving the impression of wanting to take responsibility for the descion but the SPL board could hang them out to dry before they have the power to do so...?

Spike Mandela
07-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Hibs or Dunfermline will cease to be an SPL club at the end of this week and their vote will be taken by Ross County.

How convenient.

EuanH78
07-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Is the issue not that the clubs may not get to vote on a Rangers newco if the SPL board are able to sneak it through before the 30th of May? Doncaster and Topping have been pretty explicit about how they would vote afterall.

The clubs are certainly giving the impression of wanting to take responsibility for the descion but the SPL board could hang them out to dry before they have the power to do so...?

I'm not so sure Rangers/ Miller can push this through as quick as they might like.

Caversham Green
07-05-2012, 04:22 PM

I'm wondering what further information they need that hasn't been forthcoming in the last month. The resolutions don't appear to be overly complicated and they're about principles not specifically about Rangers or any other club. It feels to me like they're all playing for time and I suspect there's a lot of horse trading going on that will produce a bland compromise that nobody's going to be happy with.

Of course, if things go well tonight, the one man who has been unequivocal about relegating Rangers presumably won't be at the next meeting.

green glory
07-05-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm wondering what further information they need that hasn't been forthcoming in the last month. The resolutions don't appear to be overly complicated and they're about principles not specifically about Rangers or any other club. It feels to me like they're all playing for time and I suspect there's a lot of horse trading going on that will produce a bland compromise that nobody's going to be happy with.

Of course, if things go well tonight, the one man who has been unequivocal about relegating Rangers presumably won't be at the next meeting.

The outcome of the dual contract investigation. The big tax case would be nice too.

EuanH78
07-05-2012, 04:29 PM
The outcome of the dual contract investigation. The big tax case would be nice too.

:agree: Lets hope so :greengrin

Jack
07-05-2012, 04:29 PM

Also Wild Bill Pickups passport application might be through so he'll be able to make it to the meeting. Assuming he's come up with any money by then, which I doubt.

ancienthibby
07-05-2012, 04:30 PM

You are right CavG, but there would be a tailor-made opportunity for

THE TACHEMAN

grunt
07-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Alasdair Lamont‏@BBCAlLamontCraig Whyte and Brian Kennedy have spoken about a transfer of CW shares in Rangers. Kennedy won't try to usurp Bill Miller's bid but nonetheless has been talking about procuring CW shares

Don Giovanni
07-05-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm not so sure Rangers/ Miller can push this through as quick as they might like.

:agree: Let's hope not...

ScottB
07-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Alasdair Lamont‏@BBCAlLamontCraig Whyte and Brian Kennedy have spoken about a transfer of CW shares in Rangers. Kennedy won't try to usurp Bill Miller's bid but nonetheless has been talking about procuring CW shares

So he'd have a bunch of shares in a worthless company that the admins still have the power to transfer all the assets out of?

Seems... Unlikely.

Seveno
07-05-2012, 05:15 PM

That and legal clarification on application of their rules, definitions and relationship with SFA rules.

Just Alf
07-05-2012, 05:16 PM
agreed, although what numbers do we need to block them getting in??

I read somewhere it's 75% in favour..... can't find the quote tho :dunno:

Just Alf
07-05-2012, 05:21 PM

:agree: Let's hope not...

This covers what the Huns need to do.

Rangers & the Incubator – Part 3 - What Have Newco, SPL and SFA To Do? http://t.co/eApHM0ev

... looks like they're gonna be pushing it to get it sorted before their cash runs out (Duff & Duffer said at one point that would be next week!)

stokesmessiah
07-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Did anyone see this? Why would Kennedy be trying to get the shares now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17983600

jgl07
07-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Did anyone see this? Why would Kennedy be trying to get the shares now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17983600

In the event that Miller walks away (still likely in my view) he wants to be in pole position.

stokesmessiah
07-05-2012, 05:33 PM
In the event that Miller walks away (still likely in my view) he wants to be in pole position.

What makes you so sure that Miller will walk?

ancienthibby
07-05-2012, 05:37 PM

He would be hoping for a positive outcome from today's meeting.

That did not happen.

Tense nervous headache time follows for the next 21 days.

Can he handle it??:cb

stokesmessiah
07-05-2012, 05:38 PM
He would be hoping for a positive outcome from today's meeting.

That did not happen.

Tense nervous headache time follows for the next 21 days.

Can he handle it??:cb

And what about the appeal against the SFA sanctions i thought they were expecting an outcome for that last week?

greenginger
07-05-2012, 05:39 PM

Its an English Bank Holiday today, you don't expect them to miss their hols for the pittance they are being paid. :greengrin

ancienthibby
07-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Its an English Bank Holiday today, you don't expect them to miss their hols for the pittance they are being paid. :greengrin

They don't get paid.

Sergio sledge
07-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Anyone seen this? http://www.donssupporterstogether.com/dst-on-rangers-newco-sporting-integrity-and-the-financial-reality/

Good on DST for coming out and making a formal statement on this. This should hopefully force AFC's hand in the vote!

stokesmessiah
07-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Anyone seen this? http://www.donssupporterstogether.com/dst-on-rangers-newco-sporting-integrity-and-the-financial-reality/

Good on DST for coming out and making a formal statement on this. This should hopefully force AFC's hand in the vote!

:aok:

Good on them.

hibeesdude
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
just got this message from a killie supporter i know..

Spot on . He's an embarrassment to my Club.

If he does value Rangers TV pounds over sporting integrity and votes accordingly then I'll respect his position if he shows some consistency and goes the whole distance and proposes an SPL rule change - Not only should it be written into the rules that Govan United newco or Celtic can never be relegated, they should only ever be allowed to finish in the top 6 so the TV deal remains intact. Don't want to be leaving any loopholes or taking any chance that someone somewhere with an ounce of morality might look for merit to prevail over expediency.

Wait till the Rangers hordes invade Rugby Park or Easter Road next year. No chance of them feeling any sense that they had a narrow escape. It'll be full on Rangers supremacy whilst they waive tenners in our faces to remind us we can't do without their money.

He can stick the 4 season tickets I pay for up his arse

PS All the best for the Cup Final. Got a soft spot for the Hibees. You might have pumped us 5-1 in the League Cup Final but Sunshine on Leith that day was spine tingling

jonty
07-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Let's make our views known by simply chanting the name of John Yorkston tonight.

Hope you're singing :greengrin

Jack
07-05-2012, 10:01 PM
There's been a good few seasons where a non OF club is running second or close to. I've often wondered why they should pick up so many yellow and red cards in the run in. Dodgy decisions thrown on for good measure.

Anyone saying this has been slapped down, sporting integrity and all that, as the OF assume their rightful position.

What price a point?

Just Alf
08-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Administrators say they are helping police probing Craig Whyte takeover

http://bit.ly/KYbZpd

Spike Mandela
08-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Administrators say they are helping police probing Craig Whyte takeover

http://bit.ly/KYbZpd

Didn't Duf and Duffer advise him on the takeover:confused:

calmac12000
08-05-2012, 02:54 PM
As many on this forum have prophesied it appears Buffalo Bill's bid for the Huns may well begin to unravel upon closer examination and the light of reality. If I was cynical I'd say the media in Scotland have been somewhat precipitate in their trumpeting of their favorites rescue.
:wink:

CentreLine
08-05-2012, 02:58 PM
As many on this forum have prophesied it appears Buffalo Bill's bid for the Huns may well begin to unravel upon closer examination and the light of reality. If I was cynical I'd say the media in Scotland have been somewhat precipitate in their trumpeting of their favorites rescue.
:wink:

Do tell us more!!!!

green glory
08-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Last game v St Johnstone on Sunday. Beyond that no income. Just a case of ticking off the days as they bleed whiter and whiter.

I thought Sally McMoist's fat greetin' face was a delight to behold at the weekend.

Will probably need some man-sized tissues myself for the coming days.

CropleyWasGod
08-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Last game v St Johnstone on Sunday. Beyond that no income. Just a case of ticking off the days as they bleed whiter and whiter.

I suppose they have no income as of last weekend.

bighairyfaeleith
08-05-2012, 03:20 PM

do they not make money from the cd sales (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pDk75Y1SZ4)??

jgl07

There are too many ifs and buts.

The Craig Whyte issue has not gone away despite the wishful thinking by the Admins.

Why is Kennedy talking to Whyte about his shareholding.

Has Miller paid his £1,000,000 sorry £500,000?

CropleyWasGod
do they not make money from the cd sales (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pDk75Y1SZ4)??

:not worth

ScottB
08-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I suppose all this bending over for the Newco means jack if there's nobody there with the cash to set one up...

Is there some sort of deadline by which one would have to exist or lose its place in the league?

ScottB
08-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Also Alex Thomson was hinting pretty strongly at UEFA having an opinion on all of this other than it being left to the SFA / SPL, that they had expressed to him when being bombarded with the usual crap his Twitter feed gets...

jgl07
08-05-2012, 03:28 PM
I suppose all this bending over for the Newco means jack if there's nobody there with the cash to set one up...

Is there some sort of deadline by which one would have to exist or lose its place in the league?

I think the real deadline is when the administrators run out of cash.

There is less than one week till the end of the season, which I assume that they budgeted for. At the end of the season the wage reductions expire and the big earners will be able to walk.

There is no prospect of any revenue unless the preferred bidder is willing to put cash in.

MSK
08-05-2012, 03:29 PM
do they not make money from the cd sales (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pDk75Y1SZ4)??They played their "B" team Linfield yest & raised £100,000 ...:agree:

ancienthibby
08-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Fat Sally McWattie Junior was being quoted this morning as saying that he had no plans to visit Wild Bill and that Wild Bill had no plans to visit Govan.

That's a pretty big volte face since last week.

Looks like Wild Bill's interest is cooling.

And just why would he be talking to Kennedy about acquiring some bulging-eyed shares??:cb

green glory
08-05-2012, 03:40 PM
IIRC if the Huns disappear and are unable to fofm as a newco, Dunfy will still be relegated and Ross County and Dundee will have to come up. Dundee derbies in the SPL next season!

Jim44
08-05-2012, 03:50 PM
They just don't get it, do they?

Taken from Follow Follow :

Why do they really want to punish the Rangers?

Some 140 years ago a football team came into existence that has since contributed enormously to the institution of Scottish football. Some 200 Rangers players have represented Scotland and over that time the name of Rangers has stood for all that has been good in the game. The standards set by the likes of Mr Struth and others in terms of sporting behaviour integrity and good grace has been the envy of many. Our supporters have filled the coffers of other Scottish clubs for years. There may in some minds be a shadow over Ibrox from our years of excluding Catholics but frankly they were perhaps less enlightened times were many of our detractors probably harboured their own prejudices on grounds of race sex or sexuality. What we don't have is a shadow over Ibrox of supporting terrorist organisations against British troops or a cover up of pedophilia. So this institution The Rangers, that has done more positive for the game than any other club in Scotland must now be punished. What for? Punished because one man, a crook and a charlatan has raped Rangers, punished because one man eluded the rigours of the SFA/SPL fit and proper person guidelines. For 140 years of great and distinguished service to the Scottish game, for bringing fame glory and enormous talent to this land, for generating significant economic benefit to Scotland as a whole as thousands pour in from NI and places further afield there is no thanks just punishment.
The Rangers have done nothing wrong, Craig Whyte the crooked one, has done the wrong here, and he has done the wrong not just to the Rangers but also to the rest of Scottish football.
Why are we being punished? Normal behaviour when an institution that is so very important to the culture and fabric not just of the Scottish game but the Scottish nation would be to rally round and support. Positive and supportive press would have without doubt led to greater interest in saving our great institution, more support from the game would also have helped and loyaly and gratitude from our legions would have poured forth. So why punish The Rangers, it makes no sense, morally, economically, or in the interests of sport in Scotland it makes no sense.
It's petty and vindictive, and we all know that when the Rangers come through this, and Rangers will, that institution will not seek revenge or payback, Rangers the club won't do that, but, our enemies need to know that if they cannot answer the question Why punish The Rangers? then we the legions that follow Rangers will pay them back ten fold.

All the sins of the cheating barstewards heaped on to one individual. This post of course was followed by assorted outpourings, citing, envy, jealousy and Sectarianism. :rolleyes:

stokesmessiah
08-05-2012, 03:53 PM

Some 140 years ago a football team came into existence that has since contributed enormously to the institution of Scottish football. Some 200 Rangers players have represented Scotland and over that time the name of Rangers has stood for all that has been good in the game. The standards set by the likes of Mr Struth and others in terms of sporting behaviour integrity and good grace has been the envy of many. Our supporters have filled the coffers of other Scottish clubs for years. There may in some minds be a shadow over Ibrox from our years of excluding Catholics but frankly they were perhaps less enlightened times were many of our detractors probably harboured their own prejudices on grounds of race sex or sexuality. What we don't have is a shadow over Ibrox of supporting terrorist organisations against British troops or a cover up of pedophilia. So this institution The Rangers, that has done more positive for the game than any other club in Scotland must now be punished. What for? Punished because one man, a crook and a charlatan has raped Rangers, punished because one man eluded the rigours of the SFA/SPL fit and proper person guidelines. For 140 years of great and distinguished service to the Scottish game, for bringing fame glory and enormous talent to this land, for generating significant economic benefit to Scotland as a whole as thousands pour in from NI and places further afield there is no thanks just punishment.
The Rangers have done nothing wrong, Craig Whyte the crooked one, has done the wrong here, and he has done the wrong not just to the Rangers but also to the rest of Scottish football.
Why are we being punished? Normal behaviour when an institution that is so very important to the culture and fabric not just of the Scottish game but the Scottish nation would be to rally round and support. Positive and supportive press would have without doubt led to greater interest in saving our great institution, more support from the game would also have helped and loyaly and gratitude from our legions would have poured forth. So why punish The Rangers, it makes no sense, morally, economically, or in the interests of sport in Scotland it makes no sense.
It's petty and vindictive, and we all know that when the Rangers come through this, and Rangers will, that institution will not seek revenge or payback, Rangers the club won't do that, but, our enemies need to know that if they cannot answer the question Why punish The Rangers? then we the legions that follow Rangers will pay them back ten fold.

All the sins of the cheating barstewards heaped on to one individual. This post of course was followed by assorted outpourings, citing, envy, jealousy and Sectarianism. :rolleyes:

They dont half believe their own s***e that they churn out eh?

PaulSmith
08-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Bill Miller has withdrawn his bid for Rangers

Liquidation now surely inevitable

ancienthibby
08-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Beeb Radio just now:

WILD BILL WITHDRAWS BID FOR RFC!!

Dibben
08-05-2012, 03:56 PM

Oh dear!!

Mikey
08-05-2012, 03:56 PM
If they're needing any help with the liquidation process they can give me a call. I'll get it all done in a morning.

Dustpan - check
Shovel - check
Bin - check

CentreLine
08-05-2012, 03:58 PM

Sourse? Pleeeeeeeease !!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/scottish/

marinello59
Beeb Radio just now:

Oh yes.:thumbsup:

Saorsa

Liquidation now surely inevitable:hilarious

Billy McKirdy
08-05-2012, 04:01 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17996474

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Brian Kennedy should be along any minute to save the day. :wink:

Hibrandenburg
08-05-2012, 04:02 PM
If Carlsberg made months, then it would be May 2012.

MSK
08-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Wish someone would just put them tae sleep ...

ancienthibby
08-05-2012, 04:05 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/scottish/

It's a Press Association report that the Beeb have picked up on - but the signs were there!!

Whoop doop de doo!!:greengrin

Moulin Yarns
08-05-2012, 04:05 PM
And the cry was WE SURRENDER

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 04:06 PM
We continued to work through the holiday weekend in order to meet a very compressed schedule. By late
Monday night, it became clear to me that preliminary information, discussions and analysis were,
unfortunately, more optimistic than reality. Having no intention of negatively affecting the potential
outcome of the club's future and after hearing the message from Rangers supporters and fans loud and
clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified the administrators today that I have withdrawn my bid for Rangers and
will not be moving forward.

dafties :applause:

hibeesdude
08-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Bbc reporting miller has withdrawn bid

JeMeSouviens
Would've been happier if he'd strung it out for a couple of weeks before withdrawing but ho, hum. Back to world's worst Hibby, Kennedy, then. Wonder if they'll bother with the charade of attempting a CVA or if it's straight to the Big L?

Saorsa
And the cry was WE SURRENDER:agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/bluebearsurrender.gif

JeMeSouviens
08-05-2012, 04:09 PM
more optimistic than reality.

Pretty much sums up every single stage of this process so far. Long may it continue. :wink:

jgl07
08-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Beeb Radio just now:

Told you so! :na na:

ancienthibby
08-05-2012, 04:10 PM
We continued to work through the holiday weekend in order to meet a very compressed schedule. By late
Monday night, it became clear to me that preliminary information, discussions and analysis were,
unfortunately, more optimistic than reality. Having no intention of negatively affecting the potential
outcome of the club's future and after hearing the message from Rangers supporters and fans loud and
clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified the administrators today that I have withdrawn my bid for Rangers and

So now we know why Duff and Duffer made a non-appearance yesterday and then called for an adjournment of the SPL meeting!:wink:

ancienthibby
08-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Told you so! :na na:

I got the 'new page' story!!:bye:

Cabbage East
08-05-2012, 04:12 PM
:faf:

1875er
08-05-2012, 04:13 PM

Not like the Rangers fans to be shown up as an intolerant bunch....

Hibs Class
08-05-2012, 04:13 PM

:aok: This month is shaping up pretty nicely so far - let's just hope the good news continues for another couple of weeks.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-05-2012, 04:16 PM
It would appear that Miller has walked away!

Oh well, what a shame.

Hibrandenburg
08-05-2012, 04:16 PM
:aok: This month is shaping up pretty nicely so far - let's just hope the good news continues for another couple of weeks.

Good things always come in threes ;-)

Moulin Yarns
08-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Now saying more bids on table

Jim44
08-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I was just enjoying a wee gloating glance over in FF but it has just crashed with a bump. The natives must be restless. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Pretty much sums up every single stage of this process so far. Long may it continue. :wink:

Amen to that

So now we know why Duff and Duffer made a non-appearance yesterday and then called for an adjournment of the SPL meeting!:wink:

Mmmmm but it says by monday 'night' he realised(not that means fact right enough), oh to be a fly on the wall :)

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Chris McLaughlin‏@BBCchrismclaug

#Rangers administrators say 3 other bids on table. Not including Knights/Kennedy. 1 UK and 2 international

:confused:

the buns on swallow swallow are now officially on suicide watch

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Not like the Rangers fans to be shown up as an intolerant bunch....

wouldn't it be nice if he really was their only true hope :)

calmac12000
08-05-2012, 04:25 PM
You know. despite everything this could turn out to be my favorite ever football season.:top marks
If these so called administrators dredge up more bidders, surely they can be removed for incompetence and lacking any credibility?

Hibernian Verse
08-05-2012, 04:25 PM
For those with twitter, start trending #WeAreAllHMRC :greengrin

stokesmessiah
08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Chris McLaughlin‏@BBCchrismclaug

#Rangers administrators say 3 other bids on table. Not including Knights/Kennedy. 1 UK and 2 international

:confused:

Eh from where???

Hibernian Verse
08-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Eh from where???

Mars, Saturn and Mercury.

degenerated
08-05-2012, 04:29 PM
He's using the fact that the Huns were chanting yank go home as part of excuse for pulling out :hilarious

Back to Paul Murray again and he's not got a pot to piss in.

hibeesdude
08-05-2012, 04:29 PM
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p597/dougm1966/rankgers/GatesOfHell.jpg

worth a rerun

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 04:30 PM
A panorama special apparently concluded re murray & the buns, he's quite desperate to stop it getting shown :greengrin

An hour slot has been given to BBC Scotland Investigates on BBC 1 Wed 23rd May at 8pm.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Eh from where???

swallow swallow

JeMeSouviens
08-05-2012, 04:31 PM
I imagine the latest bout of over optimism from D&P was the fantasy that an asset purchase will include automatic transfer of the players. Even Fraser Wishart saw through that one. :wink:

I actually think the Huns might be about to voluntarily give up the ghost on the SPL and head for SFL Div3. They can't stand the thought of being in the SPL and not competing for the title. It would be the perfect end to the story for the SFL to tell them to join the queue and let Spartans in first. :greengrin

stokesmessiah
08-05-2012, 04:33 PM
swallow swallow

Sorry i meant where in gods names have they pulled another 3 bids out of the air from?

ancienthibby
08-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Sorry i meant where in gods names have they pulled another 3 bids out of the air from?

It's quite normal.

It's just the vultures picking over a dying body!:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 04:36 PM

most likely from 'the land of make believe' no doubt followed by 1287798456234 deadlines

BarneyK
08-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Chris McLaughlin ‏ @BBCchrismclaug
#Rangers administrators say 3 other bids on table. Not including Knights/Kennedy. 1 UK and 2 international.

So having pissed off Paul Murray and scared off Windy Miller with their pie-in-the-sky escape plan, Haudit and Daudit are at least consoled bythe fact that they can always rely on Auntie Beeb to sugar coat a bad news story. 3 New Bids!! Hooray!

greenginger
08-05-2012, 04:38 PM

Vultures gathering around a fresh carcass. :wink:

The Godfather
08-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Here is a wee thought, the Gers might not even end up on Scotland. Wouldn't a Newco not look at the possibility of moving to England. Why spend 3 years getting back to the Scottish Premier, when the same amount of time could be used to get them into the lower English Leagues (second div)?

Golden Bear
08-05-2012, 04:40 PM
This whole unseemly saga has given a new meaning to the word "deadline".

Absolute farce.

BoltonHibee
08-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Here is a wee thought, the Gers might not even end up on Scotland. Wouldn't a Newco not look at the possibility of moving to England. Why spend 3 years getting back to the Scottish Premier, when the same amount of time could be used to get them into the lower English Leagues (second div)?

They would need to find a new home south of the border

ekhibee
08-05-2012, 04:43 PM
What a bunch of complete morons, particularly those idiots with the banners and shouts of Yank Go Home. Wonder what Rangers, or whatever they're going to call themselves, their derby game is going to be in Div 3? To be honest, who cares?

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 04:43 PM

:music: down mexico way

or even further away preferably

Renfrew_Hibby
08-05-2012, 04:46 PM
When all the Gers players are released and emptied in the summer... could we pick up one or two?

Hibrandenburg
08-05-2012, 04:46 PM

And here's me thinking that this couldn't get any better :-)

BoltonHibee
08-05-2012, 04:49 PM
And here's me thinking that this couldn't get any better :-)

Hopefully no where around this vicinity, although Darwen could do with a bit of a shake up :)

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Too funny!

This thread must have overtaken the mighty calendar thread now?

Frazerbob
08-05-2012, 04:53 PM
So it seems the Rangers fans have hit the final nail in the coffin, outstanding. Wonder if the club are still going to retire the "number 12" shirt?

GhostofBolivar
08-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Some people are on the pitch...

HibbyAndy
08-05-2012, 05:00 PM
The end is near for the Huns.Finito, Caput, Defunct whatever way you look at it Rangers are dead.

Eyrie
08-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Nothing much to add beyond :thumbsup:

Sylar
08-05-2012, 05:09 PM
The sheer magnitude of financial meltdown is become more and more apparent by the day.

It's clear that Miller has undertaken the due diligence, got a good look at the finances and though "**** this" and has done what any sensible person will ultimately do.

Looks like the outcome of the SPL meeting (when it eventually happens) might not have any impact on Rangers at all, as the way it looks right now, there won't be a Rangers for it to effect.

3 new bids means hee-haw really, as one look at the books, combined with the whisperings of fraud/dodgy dealings (as are being investigated by Strathclyde Police) will ensure any potential buyer follows Miller.

I truly feel for those who work at the club (as I do any club in this situation). We've been to the hospitality at Ibrox a fair few times (fiance's parents take out a private box for entertaining business clients each year) and have grown to know a lot of the people who work behind the scenes, either as part of the catering unit (which granted, is a contracted out to an external company) or indeed people who are part of the administrative/coaching/playing staff and there were a lot of tears behind the scenes on Saturday after the game, as they simply don't have a clue what lies ahead. None of this is their fault, but its these folks who will truly feel the impact of the criminal mismanagement from Murray and Whyte.

Regardless to what happens to Rangers as a football club, I think it's absolutely scandalous that the likes of Murray or Whyte won't face any form of charges or punishment for what they've done.

theonlywayisup
08-05-2012, 05:12 PM
I like the idea of going to the St Johnstone game to say a final cheerio, cheerio, cheerio............

stokesmessiah
08-05-2012, 05:14 PM
The sheer magnitude of financial meltdown is become more and more apparent by the day.

It's clear that Miller has undertaken the due diligence, got a good look at the finances and though "**** this" and has done what any sensible person will ultimately do.

Looks like the outcome of the SPL meeting (when it eventually happens) might not have any impact on Rangers at all, as the way it looks right now, there won't be a Rangers for it to effect.

3 new bids means hee-haw really, as one look at the books, combined with the whisperings of fraud/dodgy dealings (as are being investigated by Strathclyde Police) will ensure any potential buyer follows Miller.

I truly feel for those who work at the club (as I do any club in this situation). We've been to the hospitality at Ibrox a fair few times (fiance's parents take out a private box for entertaining business clients each year) and have grown to know a lot of the people who work behind the scenes, either as part of the catering unit (which granted, is a contracted out to an external company) or indeed people who are part of the administrative/coaching/playing staff and there were a lot of tears behind the scenes on Saturday after the game, as they simply don't have a clue what lies ahead. None of this is their fault, but its these folks who will truly feel the impact of the criminal mismanagement from Murray and Whyte.

Regardless to what happens to Rangers as a football club, I think it's absolutely scandalous that the likes of Murray or Whyte won't face any form of charges or punishment for what they've done.

He got a knighthood and i for one think it is merited.

EuanH78
08-05-2012, 05:14 PM

:thumbsup: Yay for me :thumbsup:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0NIMTPYYcU" target="_blank">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0NIMTPYYcU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0NIMTPYYcU)

easty
08-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Nae doubt Kennedy will be back in the papers tomorrow claiming he's still interested.

Do you reckon he keeps a wee scrapbook of all the times he's been in The Sun/Daily Record? He loves a bit of publicity, sunglasses on rain or shine. He'll be on The Only Way Is Essex next.

ancienthibby
08-05-2012, 05:18 PM
He got a knighthood and i for one think it is merited.

A house built on sand will ultimately collapse.

Ireallywasthere
08-05-2012, 05:18 PM

Oh the irony !!
After years of them singing "No one likes us - we don't care" they are now wondering why nobody likes them :greengrin

ScottB
08-05-2012, 05:22 PM
So, this time next week, if not sooner than that, there will be no cash left.

Dumb & Dumber claiming there are three more bids, aye sure there are. I can't see any situation now other than liquidation. Granted some group could set up their own Rangers company and pick at the carcass, but by that point there SPL share should, neigh must be void.

So yeah, they are ****** as a Celtic supporter at work suggested, let's all have succulent lamb for dinner tonight :greengrin

calmac12000
08-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Oh the irony !!
After years of them singing "No one likes us - we don't care" they are now wondering why nobody likes them :greengrin

Duh I can't work it out at all, it's not like ra Rangers have done any thing bad ever is it.

stokesmessiah
08-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Where is CWG and his take on all of this?

ancienthibby
08-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Where is CWG and his take on all of this?

He's enjoying his succulent lamb!!:wink:

ehf
08-05-2012, 05:29 PM
The end is near for the Huns.Finito, Caput, Defunct whatever way you look at it Rangers are dead.

Yeh, they are ****** now; Miller has basically said the whole thing is toxic. No chance of any sort of CVA, and no income. Best bet for the creditors now is to appoint a Liquidator immediately, sack all employees, cease trading and sell the assets on a break-up basis. And sue Duff & Phelps for negligence.

They thought they were to big to go down, but they were actually too big to survive.

:lolrangers:

Let's never forget the spineless cowards in the media and the SPL/SFA who were prepared to allow a cheat's charter, though.

CentreLine
08-05-2012, 05:31 PM

Duds and Fibs right enough :rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
08-05-2012, 05:33 PM
There are too many ifs and buts.

The Craig Whyte issue has not gone away despite the wishful thinking by the Admins.

Why is Kennedy talking to Whyte about his shareholding.

Has Miller paid his £1,000,000 sorry £500,000?

Nope.

grunt
08-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I actually think the Huns might be about to voluntarily give up the ghost on the SPL and head for SFL Div3. They can't stand the thought of being in the SPL and not competing for the title. It would be the perfect end to the story for the SFL to tell them to join the queue and let Spartans in first. :greengrinThat would only be fair. After all, Spartans have a ground and playing staff...

DaveF
08-05-2012, 05:35 PM
John Yorkston on BBC Radio just said (when pushed) that he felt the SPL clubs would vote a newco back into the SPL.

Joe
08-05-2012, 05:38 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=219530

This lot sound suicidal :na na:

stokesmessiah
08-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeh, they are ****** now; Miller has basically said the whole thing is toxic. No chance of any sort of CVA, and no income. Best bet for the creditors now is to appoint a Liquidator immediately, sack all employees, cease trading and sell the assets on a break-up basis. And sue Duff & Phelps for negligence.

They thought they were to big to go down, but they were actually too big to survive.

:lolrangers:

Let's never forget the spineless cowards in the media and the SPL/SFA who were prepared to allow a cheat's charter, though.

As much as i would love to believe this to be true there has been so many ups and downs in this situation that i am not going to dance on their grave until they are dead and buried.

EuanH78
08-05-2012, 05:46 PM
John Yorkston on BBC Radio just said (when pushed) that he felt the SPL clubs would vote a newco back into the SPL.

Likely to not be an issue now anyway. Liquidation a racing certainty now, does not leave a lot of time to set up a newCo to even attempt to fill their place.

DarrenSQH
08-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Miller and Rangers, Bet.

Rod and Co, Check.:cb

Miller and Rangers, Fold!

:flag::flag::flag:

BarneyK
08-05-2012, 05:49 PM

Indeed. He did, however, confirm that no-one has actually thought to ask Sky what their thoughts are on the idea of Ra Peepul being demoted. This is where the clarity comes into play. There is none. The SPL would have them vote without that crucial piece of information. Staggering. :rolleyes:

BarneyK
08-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Likely to not be an issue now anyway. Liquidation a racing certainty now, does not leave a lot of time to set up a newCo to even attempt to fill their place.

Liquidiation would result in a Newco, surely? Not a hope in Hell they won't be around in some form next year, and most likely still stinking out the SPL.

Just Alf
08-05-2012, 05:56 PM
I just wonder what the Hun "fans" are thinking.... They've driven their own club to the brink of extinction by their own behaviour .... Justice or what!!!!!

EuanH78
08-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Liquidiation would result in a Newco, surely? Not a hope in Hell they won't be around in some form next year, and most likely still stinking out the SPL.

Yes a NewCo but not without the staggeringly corrupt 'incubator' company. One bought from the pile of ashes that will be Rangers F.C - a different proposition altogether I suggest..

EuanH78
08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Miller and Rangers, Bet.

Rod and Co, Check.:cb

Miller and Rangers, Fold!

:flag::flag::flag:

:aok:

Seveno
08-05-2012, 06:10 PM
We might see Miller back post-liquidation trying to pick up the assets at a knock down price.

Just Alf
08-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote from Huns forums

"it's like u see light at the end of the tunnel then some fat chick jumps out of the dark"

The rest is all their usual drivel :-)

WindyMiller
08-05-2012, 06:31 PM

Stockport?

stokesmessiah
08-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Just seen this on Pie & Bovril..http://thefootballlife.tumblr.com/post/22642897455/the-celtic-question

Thoughts?

----------------------

Last night, I tweeted about a rumour I’d heard. The rumour is the following:
After the Hearts game, Celtic will announce their intention to resign from the SPL.
I’ve spent time since corroborating that rumour into something with a bit more substance behind it, but from the reaction in the twittersphere, the general feeling is “Thank goodness, but where next”. Which I hope to answer here.
Why would Celtic want to leave the SPL?
Firstly, Celtic are against a NewCo. This is now very clear. So far, according to a source at the club, Celtic have had in excess of 5,000 current season ticket holders contact them to say that they will not renew until a NewCo decision is made by the SPL and that the majority of these have stated that, should the NewCo be allowed direct entry to the SPL, they will not renew their season ticket at all.
That is well over 10% of Celtic’s season ticket holders who have taken the time and effort to tell the club what they think about a NewCo. While some of it may be bluster, there is likely to be a large amount of people who think the same thing but simply haven’t, at this point, contacted the club. And it’s a figure that’s gotten the board worried. That would take almost £200k per home game out of the clubs finances (over £3m per season) which is considered far too much to lose.
Why now?
Yesterday’s delayed vote has firmed the resolve of everyone in the game. They believe that a NewCo will be formed before the vote on 28th May. They believe that this will mean a NewCo will be allowed into the SPL without punishment. Even if neither of these come true before that point, Neil Doncaster has publicly stated the vote will be on a rule change, not a share transfer, meaning it only needs an 8-4 split to pass, not a 10-2 split. In addition, potential allies for Celtic in voting down the changes in the now-relegated Dunfermline, have been prevented from voting.
Quite simply, now is the point of no return. This course has been set upon by Celtic as they have no faith in the competency of Neil Doncaster or the honesty of the other clubs as they have started to indicate which way they will vote already.
What will happen?
One of two things - either the SPL will cave in and stop NewCo entry (without it having to get to a vote) to appease Celtic or they won’t?
If they do?
Then Celtic will retract their threat to leave and continue to play in the SPL, albeit vastly more influential than they were before this situation. Rangers will have to start from SFL 3.
If they don’t?
There are many possibilities if this threat is ignored. Firstly, more clubs may join Celtic in resigning from the league. If Celtic can get a couple of clubs to join them, then they can set up a breakaway league which, commercially, would be more viable than the current SPL.
Secondly, other clubs may not join them. This means Celtic have 2 seasons to devise an exit strategy or retract their resignation. Possible exit strategies would include the share transfer of a Club in an existing league to Celtic (exactly what Rangers plan to do in the SPL, except to another FA) in which case they are likely to take on the highest placed club likely to liquidate (Portsmouth would be prime candidates, but Celtic would have plenty of options) or just plain joining another league (Portugal are considering expansion - would Celtic’s commercial attraction be enough to sway that debate? After all, if Celtic are OK with UEFA to hop to England, then that must apply elsewhere).
The next option would be to call in UEFA - Celtic have a voice there and would be prepared to use it as a last resort (as likely UEFA would place sanctions against all clubs, punishing Celtic as well as the rest of the SPL)
Even if they ended up simply retracting their resignation, while there would be a loss of face, it would be enough to shock the SPL into reform.
How likely is it to work?
It is considered to be very likely to work, verging on definite. In the space of 2 seasons, Rangers NewCo will not be challenging for trophies so the commercial benefit to the league of their presence is likely to be minimal. Taking away Celtic, who would at that point be the undisputed major force in Scottish football, driving revenues and performance in Europe, would send many clubs into administration as there would be no alternative to Celtic’s revenues (no Celtic 2).
Secondly, the humiliation to the league of having the reigning champions simply walk out of the league would kill the game in Scotland. There would be no comeback to that - the second the SPL winners flag and trophy was unveiled at a Celtic game in another league, the SPL would be dead. It would cease to have any relevance and Scottish football as a whole would be a joke worldwide.
Finally, if clubs are worried about revenues without one of the Old Firm, imagine what they will be like if they think that allowing Rangers NewCo back in will cost them Celtic.
What do Celtic want?
Rangers NewCo to start from Division 3. That’s all
What will the other clubs think?
The debate so far has been commercial interests vs sporting integrity. With Celtic’s ultimatum, the debate changes to Rangers vs Sporting Integrity and commercial interests. This should be enough to sway the vote against Rangers.
Finally, how credible is this?
Very. It has been known that this option was on the table by members of the media for some time, but has not been published as a) nothing concrete was there and b) it is in their interests for Rangers to be in the SPL so they are unlikely to report it anyway. The SPL’s procrastination has, however, forced Celtic’s hand.
I will leave you to make your own mind up about the possibilities forthwith, but the fact is that this changes the game beyond all recognition. Yesterday we woke to “How to force Rangers into the SPL”, today it’s “How to stop Celtic from leaving it”.

down-the-slope
08-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Just what I predicted - Buffalo Bill would do 'walking away' :)
It now means that liquidation is a certainty - the dumplings D&P can allow them to trade with no cashflow - its illegal.

So that means the HISTORY will die - for me that really is the ultimate punishment and no more than they deserve.

We all know that once th assets are picked up by tge vultures they will be back some way / somehow....but no cups/titles/stars on shirts/ etc etc - maybe this is the way that bigitory will be broken.

The transfer ban must be upheld and other punishment given 'without fear or favour'. There is now the chance for other clubs to fill the void till they regenerate - and let's see how many will be filling Ibrox with no silverware

green is good
08-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Exclusive footage of Bill Miller moments after seeing the Rangers books

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/jimswanson/funny-gif-guy-jumps-out-window.gif

ScottB
08-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Interesting if that really is Celtic's stand. I would support Hibs resigning along with them in that situation.

camhibby1
08-05-2012, 07:05 PM
It now means that liquidation is a certainty - the dumplings D&P can allow them to trade with no cashflow - its illegal.

So that means the HISTORY will die - for me that really is the ultimate punishment and no more than they deserve.

We all know that once th assets are picked up by tge vultures they will be back some way / somehow....but no cups/titles/stars on shirts/ etc etc - maybe this is the way that bigitory will be broken.

The transfer ban must be upheld and other punishment given 'without fear or favour'. There is now the chance for other clubs to fill the void till they regenerate - and let's see how many will be filling Ibrox with no silverware

This I hope is the best thing that comes out of their demise. The horrible, pernicious pervasive and invasive influence this club has had on so many people for so long makes me sick and we are well rid. It behoves Traynor and co and the west coast media to recognise the majority of people have moved on from this ghastly sectarian bile. What a warped mentality that wants to save that as 'proud history'. The result of post modernism is that assumed powers are all that they are - assumed. There are no absolutes and that goes for RFC's stinking rotten history. Let it rot and be forever buried and in time forgotten.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Exclusive footage of Bill Miller moments after seeing the Rangers books

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/jimswanson/funny-gif-guy-jumps-out-window.gif

can someone photoshop that 'scream' photo doing the rounds, with a hun top on ? :)

Eyrie
08-05-2012, 07:10 PM
In two minds about the P&B post regarding Celtc.

On the one hand, it would appear that they are onside for ensuring the Huns take their punishment and start over in SD3.

On the other hand, it strikes me as Celtc propaganda that they can blackmail the other clubs, and raises the question of how they can get admission to England or elsewhere when UEFA have ruled out clubs transferring to a different country.

HibeesLA
08-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Just seen this on Pie & Bovril..http://thefootballlife.tumblr.com/post/22642897455/the-celtic-question

they have no faith in .... the honesty of the other clubs as they have started to indicate which way they will vote already.

I'm not really sure I get that argument. They have no faith in the honesty of the other clubs for doing exactly what Celtic are doing in the above - indicating which way they'll vote.

WindyMiller
08-05-2012, 07:27 PM

That will only happen if he "less bigotted" within the Rangers support decide to support their local teams.

Just Alf
08-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Douglas Fraser‏@BBCDouglsFraser

Bill Miller adviser on #Rangers: "It would take a fairly large amount of money to keep it from dying."

:flag:

HFC 0-7
08-05-2012, 07:43 PM

Apparently at the end of the EPL season they will get 1 million from Everton as part of the Jelavic deal. Sky Sports were reporting they run out of Money at the end of the month by which time all their players will be back to their old salaries.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 07:44 PM
i would like to start the ball rolling with a .net contribution to the hun fund

http://mammasaurus.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/2_92r.jpg

spend it wisely McCoist

mind ma change

grunt
08-05-2012, 07:46 PM
http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/major-goal-battle-rangers/1406

“You sound a little bit sceptical,” said C4 News’ Krishnan Guru-Murthy to me last Thursday as I spoke to him live at Ibrox.
Well yes, I predicted then that Bill Miller’s takeover was just the latest wild gesture from the artistes of despair currently known as Rangers FC administrators Duff and Phelps.

After a bizarre day where press conference questions were banned and administrator Paul Clark walked out of my interview because he’d said they’d only done “some” due diligence on Bill Miller (http://www.channel4.com/news/miller-named-as-rangers-preferred-bidder). I had expected more than “some” after the previous takeover fiascos at this club – and he realised it too late.

When those desperate to flog the financially-toxic club don’t mention by name any of the key creditors and shareholders, as they did not in their statement, you can feel the deal crashing all around you. All the while one key shareholder telling me this was going nowhere, that he’d been shut out – that other new deals out of sight would soon shove this nonsense aside.

Then Bill Miller openly abusing Craig Whyte (http://www.channel4.com/news/rangers-owner-im-a-scapegoat) from the US. Hardly tactically astute when Mr Whyte enjoys major shareholder status whatever your plan. Craig Whyte knew it, saw it, read it, failed to see the funny side dontcha know?

To cap it all a Glasgow tabloid then deciding the really smart thing is to start raking up the muck over Bill Miller’s marital situation, divorce and remarriage – would you want to come to Glasgow and spend millions? This – ladies and gentlemen – is just not how they do things among the country club set in Tennessee, nor Florida where Mr Miller has retired. Own goal – major own goal.
We don’t know how genuine the fans’ animosity was and I’ve yet to talk to Mr Miller but he at least says it was a major factor as well. And since so many RFC fans want demotion several divisions – though for various reasons – not the Miller Shiny Happy Rangers People, who can blame the guy?

Then there’s the taxman, for whom all this Newco/Oldco shenanigans will go down like a cup of proverbial. They were never brought in, never fully consulted and resented what appeared to be the administrators briefing anybody daft enough tio listen, that they had been consulted. I mean, why brief the media that the taxman had been a part of this then make no mention of the taxman in your public statement. Omnishambolic.

Neil Doncaster, the Scottish Premier League boss, has just been on to reassure me that it makes no difference to their 30 May meeting – postponed from yesterday – to deal with penalties for clubs who can’t manage their cash. He seemed pretty relieved frankly – at least one storm that it was all about shoehorning Bill Miller’s new Rangers back into Premier League football can blow itself out.

There’ll be plenty more, as he’d be first to acknowledge.

tamig
08-05-2012, 07:46 PM

That made me cringe and laugh at the same time. You could almost hear Jonathan Watson's "Chick Young" on Only an Excuse reading that out.