PDA

View Full Version : Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178

The Falcon
27-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Ticketus is set to announce that it will not fund any takeover bid for Rangers.

It is understood that the tough sanctions imposed on the Ibrox side by the SFA earlier this week were the decisive factor for the company.

A Ticketus source told STV News: “A lot has happened over the last few weeks and, especially after the SFA’s decision, we no longer think we can get a return for our investors.”

Ticketus first came to prominence when it emerged Rangers owner Craig Whyte received £25.3m, with the company buying the rights to 100,000 season tickets for the next four years.

They are blaming the SFA ruling as the reason they have pulled out. More pressure on the SFA to back down, lets hope for the good of the game they hold strong.

Is this the same Ticketus who gave Craig Whyte £26.7m ?

H-Unbelievable Jeff!

CentreLine
27-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Actually, based on the reaction from within Rangers Football Club and the comments being made by employees past and present, I think the most appropriate action the SFA can and should take is to expel them immediately.

HibbyAndy
27-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Could the last one out please turn off the lights.

The Huns are finito, Couldn't have happened to a nicer club, Bigoted **** balls.

Joe's ice cream
27-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Not really sure the ticketus thing is final.

After all, the huns will appeal the 'draconian' sanctions and according to Traynor and Grant last night on the radio clips I caught, they are under the impression that any appeal will probably be successful.

So ticketus might be out for now, but maybe not for long. (depending on when appeal is heard)

Traynor last night was a joke- he seems to have decided that the decision was wrong and as such will be changed on appeal- why? Well because he apparently has told them that it should be done as it’s the view of the people!! - he claimed to have been told by more than one top legal mind that the appeal will be successful- although he didn’t really have the capacity to explain what these claims were being based on.
Interesting that when Jim Spence suggested that as the panel was being driven and guided by a skilled lawyer, and as such would have come to a sound and proper decisions based on the evidence presented- and nothing else that Tranor basically dismissed this point of view as it did not fit his own.
At any point after that I was expecting his argument to be supported with shouts of "these things have to happen as WE ARE THE PEOPLE!"

ballengeich
27-04-2012, 09:10 AM
After all, the huns will appeal the 'draconian' sanctions and according to Traynor and Grant last night on the radio clips I caught, they are under the impression that any appeal will probably be successful.

I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer ban gets overturned on appeal. However, Rapid Vienna have made it clear that they want the full amount they're due for Jelavic and will vote against a CVA. I expect them or some other club owed fees to go to UEFA fairly soon. At that stage another transfer embargo can be anticipated. The fans' wrath will then be directed elsewhere (they're all Fenians in Europe you know).

Viva_Palmeiras
27-04-2012, 09:16 AM
When was this due back?
Anyone else caught?
Presume few or none. Just lil ol Gers?

Beefster
27-04-2012, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer ban gets overturned on appeal.

I said this right after it was announced. I don't think that the SFA have the spine to stand up to those cretins. Never mind, the embargo being reduced/dismissed, it should be increased for the way the Orcs have behaved this week.

BarneyK
27-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Traynor last night was a joke- he seems to have decided that the decision was wrong and as such will be changed on appeal- why? Well because he apparently has told them that it should be done as it’s the view of the people!! - he claimed to have been told by more than one top legal mind that the appeal will be successful- although he didn’t really have the capacity to explain what these claims were being based on.
Interesting that when Jim Spence suggested that as the panel was being driven and guided by a skilled lawyer, and as such would have come to a sound and proper decisions based on the evidence presented- and nothing else that Tranor basically dismissed this point of view as it did not fit his own.
At any point after that I was expecting his argument to be supported with shouts of "these things have to happen as WE ARE THE PEOPLE!"

Surely the apparant threats levied against the SFA panel will now make it difficult for them to go back on their decision? It cannae be seen to have worked, now can it. The media are all talking out their arse anyway, ranting how this kind of punishment is unprecedented, in spite of the raft of similar cases in England and further afield recently. Mind you, none of these other diddy clubs were "ra peepul" obviously :rolleyes:

Onion
27-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Not really sure the ticketus thing is final.

So ticketus might be out for now, but maybe not for long. (depending on when appeal is heard)

Just don't understand that. How, after a lengthy, forensic examination of the facts by people appointed by the SFA and a judgement given (presumably on the approval of the SFA), can they be confident that an appeal will be successful even before they've heard from the culprit ????? This smells.

The Falcon
27-04-2012, 09:37 AM
I said this right after it was announced. I don't think that the SFA have the spine to stand up to those cretins. Never mind, the embargo being reduced/dismissed, it should be increased for the way the Orcs have behaved this week.

I agree with this and would add that should the SFA now overturn the decision it will be a license for mob rule. Above all else the SFA now need to reinforce their own procedures and support their own staff.

Onion
27-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Surely the apparant threats levied against the SFA panel will now make it difficult for them to go back on their decision? It cannae be seen to have worked, now can it. The media are all talking out their arse anyway, ranting how this kind of punishment is unprecedented, in spite of the raft of similar cases in England and further afield recently. Mind you, none of these other diddy clubs were "ra peepul" obviously :rolleyes:

Now, would't it be funny of they INCREASED the punishment on appeal - just to stick it to the Hun once and for all :tee hee:

BarneyK
27-04-2012, 09:40 AM
I agree with this and would add that should the SFA now overturn the decision it will be a license for mob rule. Above all else the SFA now need to reinforce their own procedures and support their own staff.

It will be interesting to see how they came to - and on what basis - they came to their decision. Any idea when they plan on publishing this? I think there seems to be a bit of uncertainty as to what exactly they have been punished for here. This would help.

silverhibee
27-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Fax on its way to PauLO SERgio.

From Vlad, clear your desk Loser.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/04/27/sending-rangers-down-to-division-three-could-spell-end-of-spl-warns-hearts-boss-paulo-sergio-86908-23839244/

EskbankHibby
27-04-2012, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer ban gets overturned on appeal. However, Rapid Vienna have made it clear that they want the full amount they're due for Jelavic and will vote against a CVA. I expect them or some other club owed fees to go to UEFA fairly soon. At that stage another transfer embargo can be anticipated. The fans' wrath will then be directed elsewhere (they're all Fenians in Europe you know).

Was watching STV or BBC news last night and they showed a wee graphic of the outstanding amounts to football clubs only - it's over 2 million pounds (Rapid, Hearts etc etc).

For this reason alone Rangers should have a transfer embargo never mind the rest of the lunacy.

steakbake
27-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Ticketus pull the plug... citing the uncertainty created by the decision.

Bit of a cop out - they probably didn't want involved in the first place, but here's a convenient excuse that deflects blame.

Is this the end game?

spike220
27-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Fax on its way to PauLO SERgio.

From Vlad, clear your desk Loser.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/04/27/sending-rangers-down-to-division-three-could-spell-end-of-spl-warns-hearts-boss-paulo-sergio-86908-23839244/

It is the poor monkies I feel sorry for, they have nothing to with anything and they always seem to get the blame.

Twa Cairpets
27-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Just don't understand that. How, after a lengthy, forensic examination of the facts by people appointed by the SFA and a judgement given (presumably on the approval of the SFA), can they be confident that an appeal will be successful even before they've heard from the culprit ????? This smells.

Actually, I dont think it does, if you mean it smells of "stitch-up". it does reek of "political" postioning and tabloid journalism.

Just because someone says "we're confident we'll win on appeal" doesn tmean they actually are. It allows them to be more outrged when it doesnt get over-turned, and placates the forces of Mordor for another few days.

EskbankHibby
27-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Vlad basically *****ing it because it will be Hearts next and Rangers treatment will set the precedent.

Sergio doing the traditional tugging of forelock to his paymaster, pity really as i had a bit of respect for him.

bawheid
27-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm quite happy that the hoodoo buster is going to happen on his watch.

BarneyK
27-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Ticketus pull the plug... citing the uncertainty created by the decision.

Bit of a cop out - they probably didn't want involved in the first place, but here's a convenient excuse that deflects blame.

Is this the end game?

Here is what Ticketus have actually said - "Regrettably over the course of this week it became impossible to reconcile these interests with the proposals put forward by the Blue Knights as the terms of a deal became clearer.

"We do not wish to attach any blame to the failure of these talks as, while there have been frustrations on all sides at times, we believe all parties have been acting in good faith to agree terms. "

Not a thing mentioned about the SPL, the SFA or diddy clubs putting the boot in. Funny that. Guess who will get the blame regardless though.

green glory
27-04-2012, 10:12 AM
The knuckle-draggers on RM are getting stiffies at this Kennedy/BK combined bid. A lot of excitement about 'the Haymaker'.

I believe the sanctions will stand. Impossible to reverse, as it will be seen to be as a result of intimidation.

PatHead
27-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Question for CWG

If Ticketus are now a creditor, what is the percentage HMRC are in for and how will that affect their power in reaching a CVA. (Presume it will be diluted?)

I am assuming that Ticketus become creditors and don't just go after Craig White?

Beefster
27-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Sergio is properly perceptive, huh?

"I have a strong feeling, from everything I read and see on TV, that Rangers need help at the moment."

Malthibby
27-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Wee Huns to the rescue. Surprised it has taken this long.
Moral bankrupts.
GG

silverhibee
27-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Sergio is properly perceptive, huh?

"I have a strong feeling, from everything I read and see on TV, that Rangers need help at the moment."

Maybe they will not bother asking for the rest of the money due to them for Wallace. :greengrin

What are the chances of PauLO SERgio being sacked before the cup final. :cb Its how Vlad rolls. :greengrin

TheEastTerrace
27-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Somebody needs to get a grip inside Ibrox. Ally McCoist and the PR machine knew exactly what they were doing earlier this week. Shame their "lunatic fringe" numbers a few more than the average club!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17868154?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

1875godsgift
27-04-2012, 10:53 AM
THis is the bit that caught my eye.

“If we were gaining a major advantage by spending a lot of money we didn’t have, fine. But we weren’t doing that, Smith insisted.
“The club was living within its means. It was going well and needed a bit of investment. The circumstances surrounding Rangers have to be taken into consideration because that makes them a different administration case. It’s the action one individual [Whyte] has taken. People working here had no idea of what Craig Whyte was doing. It’s wrong that he could come in and leave this situation.

Is this the same Rangers that lost 2.5 million in six weeks after administration, dont tell me all of this is to blame on Whyte.

Funny how quickly they are rewriting the history books.

So all it needed was for someone to come along with £134m and all would be ticketus boo?

Thanks for clearing that up Walter.

JeMeSouviens
27-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Question for CWG

If Ticketus are now a creditor, what is the percentage HMRC are in for and how will that affect their power in reaching a CVA. (Presume it will be diluted?)

I am assuming that Ticketus become creditors and don't just go after Craig White?

Even with BTC going totally in Hun favour (v unlikely), HMRC prob a little over the 25% line. With BTC they are easily over. However, if Ticketus are in the creditor pile then they too will have a veto, unless BTC case goes 100% HMRC with near absolute max penalties.

For your last question, think the answer is they'll do both!

PatHead
27-04-2012, 11:03 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17868154

Interesting to note that Fat Ally doesn't believe he should have to consider the consequences of demanding the names of the 3 members of the panel but everyone has to consider the consequences of any penalty on Rangers. Hypocritical, fatherless, child.

WeAreHibs
27-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Today's the day of the hearing and decision if they'll be granted an SPL license for next season.

They should have provided audited accounts by 31st March and have no debt to tax authorities.

Will they be given it? Will it be granted to a newCo? Was this part of the plan?

Twa Cairpets
27-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Somebody needs to get a grip inside Ibrox. Ally McCoist and the PR machine knew exactly what they were doing earlier this week. Shame their "lunatic fringe" numbers a few more than the average club!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17868154?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

He is completely, 100% wrong. Given the court cases, the postal bombs and the parliamentary investigations he is surely especially required to take cognisance of the lunatic fringe associated with the Old Firm. To do otherwise is not only morally wrong, it is dangerously wrong and a dereliction of his responsibility as a person of serious influence with the support.

Veneer of cheeky chappy nice guy dropping a bit? He's just Lennon with charisma.

stokesmessiah
27-04-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2751311?

johnrebus
27-04-2012, 11:15 AM
He is completely, 100% wrong. Given the court cases, the postal bombs and the parliamentary investigations he is surely especially required to take cognisance of the lunatic fringe associated with the Old Firm. To do otherwise is not only morally wrong, it is dangerously wrong and a dereliction of his responsibility as a person of serious influence with the support.

Veneer of cheeky chappy nice guy dropping a bit? He's just Lennon with charisma.

:agree:

Evidence of the McCoist character was there for all to see back in August 1986, when he thumped Mark Fulton from behind - then ran away - during the famous 'Souness Brawl'.

IWasThere2016
27-04-2012, 11:17 AM
There's just no enough to hate them for!! Get them tae ****! :agree:

truehibernian
27-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Very insidious comments from McCoist in my opinion. Calculated, thoughtless and selfish. But he will be the apple of the media's eye.

Alex Salmond's been awfy quiet eh.....strange he doesn't interfere to condemn acts of threats and intimidation, yet is bang in front of the camera supporting this horrible football club's existence in 'Scottish society!'.

jgl07
27-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Even with BTC going totally in Hun favour (v unlikely), HMRC prob a little over the 25% line. With BTC they are easily over. However, if Ticketus are in the creditor pile then they too will have a veto, unless BTC case goes 100% HMRC with near absolute max penalties.

For your last question, think the answer is they'll do both!

The Small Tax case has been conceded by Rangers. It is only the additional penalties that have to be sorted. That will put HMRC way over the 25% threshold to block a CVA.

jgl07
27-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Very insidious comments from McCoist in my opinion. Calculated, thoughtless and selfish. But he will be the apple of the media's eye.

Alex Salmond's been awfy quiet eh.....strange he doesn't interfere to condemn acts of threats and intimidation, yet is bang in front of the camera supporting this horrible football club's existence in 'Scottish society!'.

Salmond is up to his neck in things with his past relationships with Rupert Murdoch and Donald Trump. He needs to keep a low profile for a while.

He can't really expect to attract the Union Flag waving bigots to his cause anyway?

Albion Hibs
27-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Anything that happens to Rangers is going to set the precedent for what should happen to any team that conducts themselves in a similar manor, or a similar end financial position. I am not surprised in the slightest that Vlad has ordered him to say this.

Newry Hibs
27-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Hope all you people who want RFC to be killed off realise that Easter Road will be much poorer without the likes of these fun loving footy fans:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17869217

They are also big into interior design:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17565741

silverhibee
27-04-2012, 11:55 AM

That's what should happen if Rangers do appeal this decision and lose it, up the embargo ban to 18 months, i just can't see what they have to appeal about, they have cheated for years and are now paying the punishment for it.

McCoist should be hauled in front of the SFA for his comments the other day there on Rangers TV about him wanting or demanding to know who sat on the panel, hey presto next day they are named and now under police protection after receiving death threats.

In fact forget about the SFA, what the ****** are Strathclyde Police thinking about regarding the behaviour of McCoist and Lennon on and off the pitch in recent weeks, its about time Strathclyde's finest had a strong word with them and let them know if there behaviour on and of the pitch does not improve they will find there selfs making an appearance in court.

I know its always about them, but the last couple of seasons they have turned the SPL in to there own we circus and they are getting away with it, SFA/SPL/SPF grow a pair and get it sorted for the good of the rest of the clubs in Scotland.

poolman
27-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Hope all you people who want RFC to be killed off realise that Easter Road will be much poorer without the likes of these fun loving footy fans:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17869217

They are also big into interior design:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17565741

Ach, your being a bit harsh there

I'ts just a bit playful banter :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNA4GkVVHCQ&feature=related

**** of the earth

silverhibee
27-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Anything that happens to Rangers is going to set the precedent for what should happen to any team that conducts themselves in a similar manor, or a similar end financial position. I am not surprised in the slightest that Vlad has ordered him to say this.

:tee hee:

HoboHarry
27-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Think people are being a tad harsh on Sergio here. If we didn't have PF and we had to make a choice between Sergio and either of the odious individuals in charge at the OF I know who I would take. Lennon is a lunatic and McCoist has lost the plot, he is even defending his actions from earlier this week. Read his piece
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17868154

Spike Mandela
27-04-2012, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=stokesmessiah;3198914]http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2751311?

Could experienced administration watchers explain something to me.

If a group is given preferred bidder status does that mean in the eyes of the administrator the new owners have a deal that would be acceptable to creditors or is it just the best offer they have on the table? Can this deal fall through if the creditors turn round and say no this is not acceptable or would it seem it is a 'fait accompli'?

stokesmessiah
27-04-2012, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=poolman;3198965]

If a group is given preferred bidder status does that mean in the eyes of the administrator the new owners have a deal that would be acceptable to creditors or is it just the best offer they have on the table? Can this deal fall through if the creditors turn round and say no this is not acceptable or would it seem it is a 'fait accompli'?

I am pretty sure that this is just the first step in the process in that a preferred bidder now has to attepm to put together a CVA.

jgl07
27-04-2012, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=poolman;3198965]

The preferred bidder will be able to negotiate with the creditors to secure a CVA.

In some cases the preferred bidder will be able to handle the day-to-day running of the club. This happened with Steve Archibald at Airdrie. In that case the whole thing fell apart and Ardrieonians were liquidated at the end of the season.

PatHead
27-04-2012, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=Spike Mandela;3198978]

The preferred bidder will be able to negotiate with the creditors to secure a CVA.

In some cases the preferred bidder will be able to handle the day-to-day running of the club. This happened with Steve Archibald at Airdrie. In that case the whole thing fell apart and Ardrieonians were liquidated at the end of the season.

Thanks to a David Murray subsidiary who closed them down over a debt of something like £30k if I recollect. What goes araound, comes around and all that.....

Jim44
27-04-2012, 12:29 PM
That's what should happen if Rangers do appeal this decision and lose it, up the embargo ban to 18 months, i just can't see what they have to appeal about, they have cheated for years and are now paying the punishment for it.

McCoist should be hauled in front of the SFA for his comments the other day there on Rangers TV about him wanting or demanding to know who sat on the panel, hey presto next day they are named and now under police protection after receiving death threats.

In fact forget about the SFA, what the ****** are Strathclyde Police thinking about regarding the behaviour of McCoist and Lennon on and off the pitch in recent weeks, its about time Strathclyde's finest had a strong word with them and let them know if there behaviour on and of the pitch does not improve they will find there selfs making an appearance in court.

I know its always about them, but the last couple of seasons they have turned the SPL in to there own we circus and they are getting away with it, SFA/SPL/SPF grow a pair and get it sorted for the good of the rest of the clubs in Scotland.

Did I not read some where that the SFA "would welcome an appeal against the sanctions by Rangers Football Club." ? Surely this is a transparent indication that they will rescind or at least reduce the sanctions.

Part/Time Supporter
27-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Ally McCoist video game from 2001 had an option to dodge taxes

http://sport.stv.tv/blog/305161-ally-mccoist-football-video-game-contains-tax-dodge/

:faf:

Moulin Yarns
27-04-2012, 12:39 PM
http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2751311?

Ally learns from his previous mistake???

"And while McCoist would not divulge who Duff and Phelps are currently negotiating with, he believes forward steps are being taken.
He said: "I've spoken to the administrators this morning and they were very positive with news that they are close to getting a deal done with a potential purchaser."

Oh hang on, Fud and Slap learnt from Ally's previous mistake....

"They didn't tell me who it was or go into any greater detail other than tell me they were very, very close which is obviously encouraging."

jonty
27-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Ally McCoist video game from 2001 had an option to dodge taxes

http://sport.stv.tv/blog/305161-ally-mccoist-football-video-game-contains-tax-dodge/

PeeKay
27-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Did I not read some where that the SFA "would welcome an appeal against the sanctions by Rangers Football Club." ? Surely this is a transparent indication that they will rescind or at least reduce the sanctions.

Rangers are very likely to win their appeal. The SFA gave them some assurances of the level of sanction that was likely to be imposed and they were prepared for that. The Independant Panel were then given guidance by the SFA and when the panel turned out to be, well believe it or not independant, the SFA were as shocked as Rangers.

It all came as a huge shock to McCoist who understandably went off on one, reminding the SFA that they appointed these people and they are responsible for the sanctions imposed and Stewart Regan immediately gave a nod-and-a-wink that an appeal will be successful.

How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Part/Time Supporter
27-04-2012, 12:46 PM

You couldn't make it up.

Part/Time Supporter
27-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Rangers are very likely to win their appeal. The SFA gave them some assurances of the level of sanction that was likely to be imposed and they were prepared for that. The Independant Panel were given then given guidance by the SFA and when the panel turned out to be, well believe it or not independant, the SFA were as shocked as Rangers.

It all came as a huge shock to McCoist who understandably went off on one, reminding the SFA that they appointed these people and they are responsible for the sanctions imposed and Stewart Regan immediately gave a nod-and-a-wink that an appeal will be successful.

Hows that for a conspiracy theory?

They were, until McCoist decided it would be a good idea to behave like a mob boss. If the SFA reduce / overturn sanctions now it will look like they are giving in to intimidation. There's also the likelihood that if the SFA don't take action, UEFA will because of Rangers owing sums to Rapid Vienna (Jelavic) and St Etienne (Bocanegra).

Caversham Green
27-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Question for CWG

Ticketus were included as a creditor when the percentages noted earlier in the thread were calculated, so nothing has changed - HMRC still hold 25.9% of the debt excluding the two tax cases.

Hibs07p
27-04-2012, 12:53 PM

Hopefully it's a " come ahead if you think you're hard enough", but sadly, I wouldn't bank on it.

GGTTH

ancient hibee
27-04-2012, 12:55 PM
How are any creditors going to agree to any sort of deal when there could be another £25M kicking around later.

Spike Mandela
27-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Ticketus were included as a creditor when the percentages noted earlier in the thread were calculated, so nothing has changed - HMRC still hold 25.9% of the debt excluding the two tax cases.

It would be nice to see the SFA and HMRC stick to their guns now and show who are the authorities in this country.

Unfortunately the Rangers mafia and the fourth estate now smell blood and will have a few horses head's ready to put in peoples beds.

jonty
27-04-2012, 12:58 PM
"Anybody with a sane brain would know that I abhor violence and would be dead
against it," said McCoist.

"This lunatic fringe, who hide behind the internet, do not interest me in the
slightest. I've got absolutely no time for them. I don't go on the internet and
read it."

But the irony of an internet based interview is lost on you then.
Wasnt 'super ally' accused of wife beating too? (or did she beat him up?)

joe breezy
27-04-2012, 12:58 PM

:agree:Lennon with media training

Caversham Green
27-04-2012, 01:00 PM

Having given an outline bid to the administrators the preferred bidders would now make a detailed formal bid having carried out due diligence - that's what the exclusive access stuff is all about. The administrators must then judge whether accepting that bid will produce a better outcome for the creditors than liquidation and then make their recommendations to the creditors in the form of a proposed CVA. The creditors can then decide for themselves whether they see the CVA or liquidation as the best option.

There's a fair way to go yet even if the bid is accepted.

ancient hibee
27-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Having given an outline bid to the administrators the preferred bidders would now make a detailed formal bid having carried out due diligence - that's what the exclusive access stuff is all about. The administrators must then judge whether accepting that bid will produce a better outcome for the creditors than liquidation and then make their recommendations to the creditors in the form of a proposed CVA. The creditors can then decide for themselves whether they see the CVA or liquidation as the best option.

But surely the creditors (we know who you are)will have to accept because it's Rangers doncha know.

Caversham Green
27-04-2012, 01:10 PM
But surely the creditors (we know who you are)will have to accept because it's Rangers doncha know.

If they don't accept, Ally will want to know who they are - who are these people? What right do they have to demand a small percentage of the money they're owed? They're not football people so their opinion doesn't count.

stokesmessiah
27-04-2012, 01:33 PM

Why is it then that the Rangers fans seem to think that when a preferred bidder is announced that there troubles are over?

Spike Mandela
27-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Why is it then that the Rangers fans seem to think that when a preferred bidder is announced that there troubles are over?

Because they are thick.:agree:

green glory
27-04-2012, 01:35 PM

Because they're f a n n i e s ?

Green Man
27-04-2012, 01:48 PM
That computer game screenshot has to be made up, surely? :faf:

PatHead
27-04-2012, 01:49 PM

You have obviously forgotten their interview from about 200 pages ago! (Still superb)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8x_59EjZOs

John_the_angus_hibby
27-04-2012, 01:59 PM
They were, until McCoist decided it would be a good idea to behave like a mob boss. If the SFA reduce / overturn sanctions now it will look like they are giving in to intimidation. There's also the likelihood that if the SFA don't take action, UEFA will because of Rangers owing sums to Rapid Vienna (Jelavic) and St Etienne (Bocanegra).

FIFA and UEFA are watching developments here. The Scottish Football authorities are working through a process and until final punishments or lack are determined they will hold back. We (though I laugh at this) are respected as a football administration and I seriously think they are giving us the opportunity to put our own house in order. There is no love of Rangers at that level, they are seen as what they are without the blue tinted specs of our fair and unscrupulous media, bigoted violent cretins. If the SFA et al do not play straight here they will be down on them like a tonne of bricks. To be sure the SFA et al and Rangers are trying to negotiate a less damaging route (for them not Scottish football), but events are not being managed well and are spiralling out of control a bit. This penalty judgement has been so badly played by Rangers, it's media and 'fan base' it's almost (almost mind) sad.

FIFA threatened Switzerland with a total international and club ban, apartheid by any other name. Wait until Celtic find out they are banned from European competition until it's sorted. Image the blazers not getting their international away days.

Just sit back and enjoy...goodness this thread is like crack!

Sent from another universe!

green glory
27-04-2012, 02:10 PM
http://t.co/OB7JISVw

Not an apology. 'Anything but' says Sally McMoist.

Kennedy/BK bid in 'disarray' according to Phil Mac's sources over the 500k exclusivity fee. Basically they both want the kudos of being the last man who tried to save THE Rangers. Don't want to put their hands in their pockets though.

Just Alf
27-04-2012, 02:11 PM

:top marks

:thumbsup:

At work just now and my work rate has dropped 20 odd % coz of this thread!

johnbc70
27-04-2012, 02:16 PM
:agree:Lennon with media training

Bill McFarlane ex BBC sports reporter has been giving him media training. Or he was last year in preparation for him taking over from Watty.

JeMeSouviens
27-04-2012, 02:29 PM
News just in: reports are reaching us of a large lynch mob wandering the streets of Central Glasgow looking for the Embassy of Draconia.

DarlingtonHibee
27-04-2012, 02:30 PM
If they don't accept, Ally will want to know who they are - who are these people? What right do they have to demand a small percentage of the money they're owed? They're not football people so their opinion doesn't count.

Cav - total respect for your post's.

Again, I will ask - why cant Ibrox (car park etc), Murray park be seen as assets that they have to sell - they are on the balance sheet.

If we owned the tax man we would be asked to sell our house etc...

BarneyK
27-04-2012, 02:32 PM
News just in: reports are reaching us of a large lynch mob wandering the streets of Central Glasgow looking for the Embassy of Draconia.

:greengrin

cam75
27-04-2012, 02:33 PM
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&act=1&mid=2115557143

Did Stuart milne have a master plan ? Lol

PeeKay
27-04-2012, 02:35 PM
McCoist's interview on the BBC sport web site is unbelievable! Their attitude appears to be that rules, and of course taxes, are just for little people. Jeez-o!!

Killiehibbie
27-04-2012, 02:35 PM

:thumbsup:

At work just now and my work rate has dropped 20 odd % coz of this thread!Does that mean rangers are to blame for the recession as well? Bury them and all will be well.

jgl07
27-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Cav - total respect for your post's.

Again, I will ask - why cant Ibrox (car park etc), Murray park be seen as assets that they have to sell - they are on the balance sheet.

The problem is that they have little real value. Ibrox only has value as a stadium unless permission is given for redevelopment whilst retaining the exterior of the main stand. Not much likelihood of a viable development in Govan in the current economic climate. There is a similar problem with Murray Park. As for the car park, I am not sure that Rangers even own it.

They are only assets in the context of a a football club as a going concern.

Seveno
27-04-2012, 02:39 PM
FIFA and UEFA are watching developments here. The Scottish Football authorities are working through a process and until final punishments or lack are determined they will hold back. We (though I laugh at this) are respected as a football administration and I seriously think they are giving us the opportunity to put our own house in order. There is no love of Rangers at that level, they are seen as what they are without the blue tinted specs of our fair and unscrupulous media, bigoted violent cretins. If the SFA et al do not play straight here they will be down on them like a tonne of bricks. To be sure the SFA et al and Rangers are trying to negotiate a less damaging route (for them not Scottish football), but events are not being managed well and are spiralling out of control a bit. This penalty judgement has been so badly played by Rangers, it's media and 'fan base' it's almost (almost mind) sad.

FIFA threatened Switzerland with a total international and club ban, apartheid by any other name. Wait until Celtic find out they are banned from European competition until it's sorted. Image the blazers not getting their international away days.

As you say, no love for Rangers at UEFA level. They have been gunning for them for years over the sectarian chanting. Now they see a way to stop that once and for all.

Michel Platini, we love you.

DarlingtonHibee
27-04-2012, 02:46 PM
The problem is that they have little real value. Ibrox only has value as a stadium unless permission is given for redevelopment whilst retaining the exterior of the main stand. Not much likelihood of a viable development in Govan in the current economic climate. There is a similar problem with Murray Park. As for the car park, I am not sure that Rangers even own it.

They are only assets in the context of a a football club as a going concern.

Cheers jg

Would that be the same for us (or them!) if the worst was to happen ?

JeMeSouviens
27-04-2012, 02:47 PM
From The Guardian's live blog:

It's the last-ever Old Firm derby on Sunday, with what's left of Rangers travelling in a rickety car - think the opening titles to the Beverly Hillbillies, only with bowler hats instead of stetsons, and a signal lack of petrodollars, obviously - across Glasgow to Parkhead. They could be "boosted", it says here, by the return of Kirk Broadfoot.

Boosted by the return of Kirk Broadfoot. These are tough times alright.

jgl07
27-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Cheers jg

Would that be the same for us (or them!) if the worst was to happen ?

Not really.

Rangers main stand is a listed building, Easter Road is not.

Also housing in Easter Road is a more viable proposition than around Ibrox.

DarlingtonHibee
27-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Not really.

Rangers main stand is a listed building, Easter Road is not.

Also housing in Easter Road is a more viable proposition than around Ibrox.

Cheers :thumbsup:

BarneyK
27-04-2012, 02:56 PM
As a reminder of what exactly Rangers FC brings to Scottish football. From the Raith Rovers website -

"As a result of the participation of one of our Directors on an SFA panel, this football club finds itself now having to contend with various threats in the form of emails and telephone calls, during the build-up to an important SFL league match.This club, along with every other club in the SPL and SFL, voted for change at last year's AGM. Part of that change involved the setting up of a panel of individuals who would give of their time to better facilitate and judge on football issues affecting the game in Scotland.

Individuals who agreed to an involvement in that process now find themselves chased by the media, vilified by sections of the press, subjected to abuse and hate. If this is the consequence of participation, it is more than likely that many will wish to consider whether or not such participation is worth such a price.

This football club remains supportive of our Director's involvement in what has turned out to be a fiasco. It is, however, incumbent on us as a football club to point out that we are NOT directly involved in the process per se. Threats to our staff, our infrastructure and our reputation is something we could well do without. So far this week significant additional costs have been incurred here at Kirkcaldy. Equally, tomorrow's important game against our friends from Dumfries, will be subject to greater security and police presence than would otherwise be the norm.

The Board at RRFC will have to consider why we should be subject to additional costs in support of a battle which has nothing to do with the football club. We may well be viewed as 'collateral damage' in the wider debate re the future of one of the country's larger footballing institutions, but we are nevertheless heartily sickened by what has happened this week.

This Board now looks to the footballing authorities to defuse the current mayhem and allow this football club – and no doubt others – to get back to business as usual.

Turnbull Hutton
Vice-Chairman
Raith Rovers Football Club "

PatHead
27-04-2012, 03:03 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17867822

New BK bid in with Brian Kennedy. Wonder how long this will last?

Notice it is Murray and Kennedy bid. Thought Murray was declared not fit and proper by SFA?

Springbank
27-04-2012, 03:05 PM

hee hee, you are forgetting though that it is not just Ally who needs to know who are these people. Rangers fans and - let's not forget - the people of Scotland have right to know!

The part in bold = not in my name

John_the_angus_hibby
27-04-2012, 03:05 PM
As a reminder of what exactly Rangers FC brings to Scottish football. From the Raith Rovers website -

"As a result of the participation of one of our Directors on an SFA panel, this football club finds itself now having to contend with various threats in the form of emails and telephone calls, during the build-up to an important SFL league match.This club, along with every other club in the SPL and SFL, voted for change at last year's AGM. Part of that change involved the setting up of a panel of individuals who would give of their time to better facilitate and judge on football issues affecting the game in Scotland.

Individuals who agreed to an involvement in that process now find themselves chased by the media, vilified by sections of the press, subjected to abuse and hate. If this is the consequence of participation, it is more than likely that many will wish to consider whether or not such participation is worth such a price.

This football club remains supportive of our Director's involvement in what has turned out to be a fiasco. It is, however, incumbent on us as a football club to point out that we are NOT directly involved in the process per se. Threats to our staff, our infrastructure and our reputation is something we could well do without. So far this week significant additional costs have been incurred here at Kirkcaldy. Equally, tomorrow's important game against our friends from Dumfries, will be subject to greater security and police presence than would otherwise be the norm.

The Board at RRFC will have to consider why we should be subject to additional costs in support of a battle which has nothing to do with the football club. We may well be viewed as 'collateral damage' in the wider debate re the future of one of the country's larger footballing institutions, but we are nevertheless heartily sickened by what has happened this week.

This Board now looks to the footballing authorities to defuse the current mayhem and allow this football club – and no doubt others – to get back to business as usual.

Turnbull Hutton
Vice-Chairman

**** me. This is mad. Not being a bigoted violent cretin, sorry I mean a Bear/Hun/neo-nazi/**** bag, I just can't understand these folk.

Sent from another universe!

BarneyK
27-04-2012, 03:10 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17867822

New BK bid in with Brian Kennedy. Wonder how long this will last?

Notice it is Murray and Kennedy bid. Thought Murray was declared not fit and proper by SFA?

So... Murray earlier told BBC Scotland he and Kennedy were workgin on a bid "with very few conditions".

The only eensy-weensie conditions are that... "[The offer] is conditional on a CVA being approved by the creditors, and Mr [Craig] Whyte's shares being acquired."

That'll be them sorted then - panic over :greengrin

Seveno
27-04-2012, 03:15 PM

Turnbull Hutton
Vice-Chairman

Strong stuff but what do they expect the footballing authorities to do to 'defuse the current mayhem' ?

BarneyK
27-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Strong stuff but what do they expect the footballing authorities to do to 'defuse the current mayhem' ?

Put the Huns out of their misery? :thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
27-04-2012, 03:20 PM

Could start by fining Fat Sally for bringing the game into disrepute, and telling him to shut his gob forthwith.

PatHead
27-04-2012, 03:22 PM

Have the balls to stand up to them and let them know intimidation doesn't work.

Hibs Class
27-04-2012, 03:29 PM
So... Murray earlier told BBC Scotland he and Kennedy were workgin on a bid "with very few conditions".

The only eensy-weensie conditions are that... "[The offer] is conditional on a CVA being approved by the creditors, and Mr [Craig] Whyte's shares being acquired."

That'll be them sorted then - panic over :greengrin

Amateurs! They forgot about no further SPL sanctions next season and the removal of all punishments unfairly meted out this week.

ancienthibby
27-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Could start by fining Fat Sally for bringing the game into disrepute, and telling him to shut his gob forthwith.

The credibility of the SFA/SPL is hanging by a thread on the whole RFC fiasco and if they fail to take some action against Sally McWattie Junior (have you noticed how he dresses on matchdays?) then the'll just give the other thug Lennon grounds for appeal against the three charges just launched against him!:cb

JeMeSouviens
27-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Pop quiz: who said ...

Scottish football can survive without the Old Firm first teams. It will mean other clubs have a chance to be successful.

?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2009/10/16/walter-smith-scottish-football-will-die-if-old-firm-are-denied-move-elsewhere-86908-21751069/

Part/Time Supporter
27-04-2012, 03:42 PM

?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2009/10/16/walter-smith-scottish-football-will-die-if-old-firm-are-denied-move-elsewhere-86908-21751069/

I'll guess it was Wattie, when they were having delusions of grandeur about a Euro super league or somesuch

jgl07
27-04-2012, 03:44 PM
I'll guess it was Wattie, when they were having delusions of grandeur about a Euro super league or somesuch

No to be fair it was a Euro 'also rans' league that Walter had in mind.

Sammy7nil
27-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Did anyone really expect Rangers just to meekly accept their virtual destruction?

"Thank you sir, may I have another one."

Of course they will defend their club in whatever ways they can.

It just remains to see how the SFA stand up to the pressure, which will be intense and unrelenting.

I don't envy their task.

And their walls :greengrin

JimBHibees
27-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Just got this sent to me.

The BBC have scrapped plans for Ally McCoist to return to Question of Sport after he demanded to know the identity of every Mystery guest. :greengrin:faf:

Moulin Yarns
27-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Just got this sent to me.

The BBC have scrapped plans for Ally McCoist to return to Question of Sport after he demanded to know the identity of every Mystery guest. :greengrin:faf:

That is straight onto twitter.

Saorsa
27-04-2012, 04:14 PM

?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2009/10/16/walter-smith-scottish-football-will-die-if-old-firm-are-denied-move-elsewhere-86908-21751069/Ha ha, brilliant. Scottish fitba will die if they're no allowed tae leave now apparently we cannae dae with out them :hilarious

Well I say we take the chance and tell them tae GTF :bye:

Competition time:

Which one of these has more faces?

a) http://www.bridporttownhall.org/wp-content/uploads/clock-300.jpg

or

b) http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/09/23/article-0-0132C05C00000578-797_306x277.jpg

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/lolrangersg.gif

neilmartinrocks
27-04-2012, 04:17 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/546274_393227234032821_100000366423101_1261450_551 50852_n.jpg

gringojoe
27-04-2012, 04:26 PM

?

We can survive without RANTIC but without the huns we're stuffed, makes sense in a clutching at straws defence.

SurferRosa
27-04-2012, 05:17 PM

:aok: Good Point.

1875godsgift
27-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Here is what Ticketus have actually said - "Regrettably over the course of this week it became impossible to reconcile these interests with the proposals put forward by the Blue Knights as the terms of a deal became clearer.

"We do not wish to attach any blame to the failure of these talks as, while there have been frustrations on all sides at times, we believe all parties have been acting in good faith to agree terms. "

Not a thing mentioned about the SPL, the SFA or diddy clubs putting the boot in. Funny that. Guess who will get the blame regardless though.

:agree:

Spot on. on Talksport news bulletins today the SFA sanctions were blamed for the collapse of a deal. Most news stories ( BBC etc. ) blame the SFA. But no mention in the whole of the Ticketus spokesman's release.
There's such a blatant (un)hidden agenda here it's shocking!

stokesmessiah
27-04-2012, 05:42 PM
I am sorry but i absolutely pished myself laughing when i seen this thread, RFC's money problems are nearly over. What a hoot that message board is.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=218338

CentreLine
27-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Two more bids. 1. Bill Miller and 2 BK with Kennedy

Just released by D&F. Let's see what next when D&P want unqualified bids?

Radio Scotland right now

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I am sorry but i absolutely pished myself laughing when i seen this thread, RFC's money problems are nearly over. What a hoot that message board is.

The wee lambs... they're full of heart.

****ger's brothel list...:top marks

Saorsa
27-04-2012, 05:48 PM

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=218338:hilarious

£406.80

problems solved http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/fall_off_chair_laughing.gif

calmac12000
27-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Just heard the point I expected to have heard all week about the composition of the panel i.e. "we need football people to make this decision". Yes, has been players and coaches are far more likely to arrive at fair and equitable punishment, than threebindependent and respected professionals. Billy Dodds has done us all a favour in highlighting the lack of sense of most of our media.:flag:

calmac12000
27-04-2012, 05:53 PM
:hilarious

£406.80

problems solved http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/fall_off_chair_laughing.gif

Never made any money undestimating the IQ of your average Hun

down-the-slope
27-04-2012, 06:03 PM
So now we have Ticketas having left the bidding process..

Now the Skint - gie us the £500k deposit Ticketas - Knights and Brian - don't want to be involved in a consortium - Kennedy are getting together...and all the problems are solved ...so long as a CVA and Whytes shares can be aquired.....:faf:

Oh wait a minute the Yank asset stripper is still up for picking the carcass :greengrin

CentreLine
27-04-2012, 06:07 PM
I notice some people are billboarding the OF game this Sunday as the last one ever. I wonder if the Rangers fans will boycott it. You would think they would.

hibee_nation
27-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Thank **** for that, thought my council tax was gonna go up over this debt. :aok:

Hal Jordan
27-04-2012, 06:28 PM
It's a great idea...the more of the small debt that is paid off guarantees HMRC have the biggest shout in a CVA...well done the True Blue Rangers fans.

:aok:

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2012, 06:33 PM
It would appear to be obvious now from what is appearing on messageboards Twitter etc that the sizeable moronic element in the rangers support are actually the true identity of the club.

There can be no doubt that the management at rangers, such as it is, in a calculated and cynical way insisted on the members of the SFA panel being 'outed' as it were in order to intimidate and frighten anybody who might have been thinking of getting involved in further judgement against the club.

The are like the Nazi party in the 30s inciting hatred but trying to distance themselves from the result of their rantings, blaming anybody but themselves for the terrible results of their ravings.

In the whole of this mess rangers football club and their apologists, Smith, Hately, Jardine et al have never, not once shown any remorse or regret at the affect their greed and dishonesty has had on the likes of Dundee Utd, Dunfermline The Yams other clubs and small businesses ........ We are Rangers .... We dont do humility !!!

Why dont they just Die ................... Please !!!

EuanH78
27-04-2012, 06:37 PM
It would appear to be obvious now from what is appearing on messageboards Twitter etc that the sizeable moronic element in the rangers support are actually the true identity of the club.

There can be no doubt that the management at rangers, such as it is, in a calculated and cynical way insisted on the members of the SFA panel being 'outed' as it were in order to intimidate and frighten anybody who might have been thinking of getting involved in further judgement against the club.

The are like the Nazi party in the 30s inciting hatred but trying to distance themselves from the result of their rantings, blaming anybody but themselves for the terrible results of their ravings.

In the whole of this mess rangers football club and their apologists, Smith, Hately, Jardine et al have never, not once shown any remorse or regret at the affect their greed and dishonesty has had on the likes of Dundee Utd, Dunfermline The Yams other clubs and small businesses ........ We are Rangers .... We dont do humility !!!

Sorry Bovril - You are accused of invoking Godwins Law (on the plus side, you can appeal to an independant tribunal of which I will supply the names for you to threaten) :greengrin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

SurferRosa
27-04-2012, 06:58 PM

" Yes well done that person, a bit here a bit there we are clearing the debt http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/smiley-gen014.gif "

stokesmessiah
27-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Surely if the admins are supposed to get the best deal for creditors then they should go with Miller?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17871350

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Surely if the admins are supposed to get the best deal for creditors then they should go with Miller?

With the end of Rangers' season just a few weeks away, I am beginning to think that there is just not enough time left. Time to carry out the due diligence, to agree a CVA, and to deal with the legal issues? Not so sure..

Caversham Green
27-04-2012, 07:54 PM
With the end of Rangers' existence just a few weeks away, I am beginning to think that there is just not enough time left. Time to carry out the due diligence, to agree a CVA, and to deal with the legal issues? Not so sure..

Fixed that for you - hopefully.

stokesmessiah
27-04-2012, 07:55 PM
With the end of Rangers' season just a few weeks away, I am beginning to think that there is just not enough time left. Time to carry out the due diligence, to agree a CVA, and to deal with the legal issues? Not so sure..

CWG in your opinion how do you see this turning out now?

I seem to go from one day thinking they are going to the next thinking they are going to sneak out of it somehow.

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Fixed that for you - hopefully.

Pedantic frickin' auditors :na na:

Caversham Green
27-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Pedantic frickin' ex-auditors :na na:

Fixed that one too.

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2012, 07:59 PM
CWG in your opinion how do you see this turning out now?

I seem to go from one day thinking they are going to the next thinking they are going to sneak out of it somehow.

The cynic in me still thinks it'll all turn out nice for them, but the rational head is having serious doubts now. It's the time factor that is crucial now.

I also keep having bad dreams about Hector having a wee change of heart!!

Jim44
27-04-2012, 08:04 PM

This was exactly McCoist's motive in his recent shenanegans. It was a direct threat to anybody else becoming involved. His insincere condemnation of the 'threats' was sickening.

stokesmessiah
27-04-2012, 08:15 PM

Can someone explain what this is to me??

"Both bids depend on taking the club's bond holders' debt, around £7m, out of a Company Voluntary Arrangement."

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2012, 08:17 PM

"Both bids depend on taking the club's bond holders' debt, around £7m, out of a Company Voluntary Arrangement."

They want to keep that as a long-term debt.

In other words, reduce the current debt by £7m, and thereby increasing the Pence in the £ dividend in a CVA.

stokesmessiah
27-04-2012, 08:20 PM
They want to keep that as a long-term debt.

In other words, reduce the current debt by £7m, and thereby increasing the Pence in the £ dividend in a CVA.

:aok:

Part/Time Supporter
27-04-2012, 08:20 PM

I think it means that the debenture holders wouldn't get a penny, which allows everyone else (ie HMRC and Ticketus) to get a bit more. The bidders will be presuming that the debenture holders will go easy because a) they're Rangers fans and b) they wouldn't have been expecting repayment any time soon (they were 30 year debentures taken out in 1990-ish).

Say if the Rangers debt was £100M, and the buyer was offering £10M, everybody would get 10p in each £ they were owed. If the debenture holders were owed £10M and were removed from the CVA, that would reduce Rangers' debt to £90M. Everyone else would then get 11.1p in the £.

SurferRosa
27-04-2012, 08:30 PM
They are now reporting that TBK and Kennedys bid is still less than Millers.

So much for the Haymaker......:faf:

The two of them together and it`s still less :faf:............oh ma sides!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17871350?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

SquashedFrogg
27-04-2012, 08:45 PM
They are now reporting that TBK and Kennedys bid is still less than Millers.

So much for the Haymaker......:faf:

The two of them together and it`s still less :faf:............oh ma sides!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17871350?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

"er the hats, scarf's an gers"

"3 fir a pound"

Lungo--Drom
27-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Brilliant post mate :agree: totally agree and the similarity between the Nazi party in the 1930s is too true.

Ally Bally Bawbag should be made to resign or apologise. Whether he meant it or not I believe his rant is indeed what caused the idiot mole/traitor in the SFA to leak the names of the panel members.

Who will want to stand on any similar committees or panels in the future with the potential scenario of ending up on some quasi-Nazi blue nose hit list? Life's hard enough without all this crap.

McCoist you are Scottish football's SHAME!

The are like the Nazi party in the 30s inciting hatred but trying to distance themselves from the result of their rantings, blaming anybody but themselves for the terrible results of their ravings...

jgl07
27-04-2012, 10:41 PM

Three weeks till the end of the season. I assume that the money will run out about then. Also the wage reduction deal will end then and the players will be free to walk.

They cannot continue to fanny about seeking repeated new bids from the same bunch of time wasters. The end is nigh.

If they are going to create a new club and prepare a bid for admission to the SFL no time can be lost.

Get the club liquidated quickly. They also need to try and distance themselves from their knuckledragging fans and their cheerleading ex-players and current manager. Otherwise the SFL may well go and tell them to F-off.

Onion
28-04-2012, 06:57 AM

Looked at in isolation it was at best a stupid thing to say. However when you add it to the rebel rousing statements from McCoist and Jardine around the same time such as " we're going to start fighting back", we'll remember those that are kicking us when we're down" and "we're not prepared to take it any more" it was indeed a cynical, calculated call to arms to the lunatic majority.

As soon as these people received threats, McCoist should have resigned if he had any integrity. The fact that he didn't and has since tried to defend himself just confirms that he knew the implications of his comments and that no one at Huns FC has any integrity. If that's the case, the SFA should punish him (and the club) for bringing the game into disrepute :greengrin

s.a.m
28-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Glenn Gibbons gets properly stuck into Coisty:

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/glenn-gibbons-mccoist-and-smith-fail-to-see-true-ibrox-saboteurs-1-2261890

Onion
28-04-2012, 07:13 AM

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/glenn-gibbons-mccoist-and-smith-fail-to-see-true-ibrox-saboteurs-1-2261890

Briiliant read. He gets stuck into D&F too. I especially liked

"........ the administrators have, since their arrival, proved about as helpful as gatecrashers. Consultation with an array of qualified people in the financial and legal professions has confirmed that none has ever heard of a period of administration that has not produced a single redundancy."

This whole thing is a hoot :greengrin

Andy74
28-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Briiliant read. He gets stuck into D&F too. I especially liked

"........ the administrators have, since their arrival, proved about as helpful as gatecrashers. Consultation with an array of qualified people in the financial and legal professions has confirmed that none has ever heard of a period of administration that has not produced a single redundancy."

This whole thing is a hoot :greengrin

Gordon Smith? A couple of players?

matty_f
28-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Gordon Smith? A couple of players?

They all resigned IIRC.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Ministry of funny walks to Hampden...

Did I hear that right?
BBC Radio Scotland report said the polis are asking for a peaceful protest then went on to talk about Sandy Jardine head of the "Rangers Fighting Fund" - apparently looking to build on Manchester ;)

CropleyWasGod
28-04-2012, 08:07 AM
They all resigned IIRC.

Smith didn't

Hibrandenburg
28-04-2012, 08:32 AM

Got this up on facebook. The truth must be made known, these wallopers can't be allowed to rewrite history.

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2012, 08:33 AM

Simply the Truth !!!

James70
28-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Excellent article, pity the Glasgow media can't see things the same way. :agree:

johnbc70
28-04-2012, 08:44 AM
So Rangers fans marching to Hampden today, whats the odds that ends in some sort of violence.

DarlingtonHibee
28-04-2012, 08:48 AM
So Rangers fans marching to Hampden today, whats the odds that ends in some sort of violence.

Not as much as there will be if they march on 19th May - that will be carnage.

Just listened to last night's podcast from Sportsound - fair play to Tam Cowan speaking up for all the non old firm fans.

Billy Dodds - dear oh dear....

Keith_M
28-04-2012, 08:49 AM
The Daily Record has decided to print a 'story (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/editors-choice/2012/04/28/thousands-of-rangers-fans-set-to-march-on-hampden-in-protest-at-sfa-sanctions-on-club-86908-23840435/)' on the Rangers fans march on Hampden. This 'story' is nothing short of a full page add to encourage people to take part, with route map, times, march rules and full instructions.

If anybody was ever in the slightest doubt about their allegiance, this has nailed their (Orange and Blue) colours firmly to the mast.

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Sorry Bovril - You are accused of invoking Godwins Law (on the plus side, you can appeal to an independant tribunal of which I will supply the names for you to threaten) :greengrin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Very interesting .... and unfortunately true. It cant be denied that a case can be made for the theory that an argument loses impact when Nazi comparisons come into play.

But in certain circumstances ( as I understand the law alludes to ) the appropriateness of the use of Nazi comparisons is so inescapable that it just has to be done.

As in the case of the blatant efforts of rangers fc to stir up the knuckle dragging masses, in the full knowledge of what the consequences will be, and then to express fake incredulity and condemnation at the results. Hitler would be proud !!!

Damn it ..... Did it again :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2012, 08:51 AM
"There's been allegations flying left, right and centre. I'm fed up with it all. I demand to know... who is the chief alligator?" :cb

grunt
28-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Been away, so apologies if this has already been posted.
A bit technical, but a good read.

http://web3dlaw.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/are-the-rangers-administrators-duffphelps-being-up-front-and-forthright/

Spike Mandela
28-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Let's face it, it's an Orange walk by any other name.

grunt
28-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Some relevant questions of D&P in here, too

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/duff-phelps-have-delays-in-administration-made-winding-up-of-rangers-certain/

hibeesdude
28-04-2012, 08:57 AM
we can but hope........

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p597/dougm1966/rankgers/GatesOfHell.jpg

Saorsa
28-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Loving the march rules, particularly 3 & 4

3. Flags and Banners: If your banner would be deemed welcome inside Ibrox Stadium, then it is welcome at the protest.

4. Songs: Please stick to clean anti-SFA songs and Rangers songs. Again, if the song is welcome at Ibrox then it is welcome on the march.anything goes then? :dunno:

And Mark Dingwall, from the Rangers Supporters’ Trust, said: “We are appealing for every Rangers fan to join the march.

“We’ll have a wonderful colourful day"http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/hunsmarch3.jpg

Kojock
28-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Read the comments after the Scotsman article.

This is an absolutely disgusting personal attack by someone who is not fit to be called a journalist. Glenn Gibbons has always been nothing more than a cheerleader for Celtic FC. The only place for this kind of rubbish is in the pages of the more rabid Celtic supporters’ messageboards

Why is it that everybody who doesn't agree with the Rangers view have to be a Celtic supporter, a catholic or both.

It really is a sad state of affairs when folk in the media like Gibbons and others in the SFA and SPL are that hate filled that they would wish any club misfortune and then wallow in it

Ive never encountered a hate filled Hun who wallows in others misfortunes. :violin::lolrangers:

Hibercelona
28-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I predict a lot of drums, flutes and an old man with a toddlers keyboard.

ScottB
28-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Read the comments after the Scotsman article.

Why is it that everybody who doesn't agree with the Rangers view have to be a Celtic supporter, a catholic or both.

Ive never encountered a hate filled Hun who wallows in others misfortunes. :violin::lolrangers:

It's like Hearts fans relationship with their own debt situation / owner. Once a person has been living in the lie for long enough, it's true to them, as reality makes it more and more obvious that what they believe is in fact utter nonsense, they cling to the lie tighter and tighter.

They'll be padlocking the gates of Ibrox shut before some of them believe this isn't all a big Catholic conspiracy against them.

Hibby D
28-04-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm lost with all this Rangers guff!

Wouldn't it just be easier submitting a formal appeal? :dunno:

O'Rourke3
28-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Rangers fans marching, well have to applaud their thinking outside the box :aok:

Tynie01011973
28-04-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm lost with all this Rangers guff!

Wouldn't it just be easier submitting a formal appeal? :dunno:

The Knuckledraggers want their day oot !!

:rolleyes:

RickyS
28-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Let's face it, it's an Orange walk by any other name.

i think there could be trouble:rolleyes:

SonOfTortolano
28-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Great comments on the DR website regarding the unofficial orange walk...

11. Union Jacks Draped over Buggies is a must....

12. Gold RFC Earings and Rings must be polished to a high sheen...

Onceinawhile
28-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Is this still planned for final day?

If not I hope they bring massive shame on themselves(yet again)

R'Albin
28-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Is God helping the Huns?

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=218377&pid=1059988397&st=0&#entry1059988397

Mikeystewart
28-04-2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4284577/Were-special-we-cannot-be-treated-same-as-other-clubs.html#ixzz1tK6gwzB9

....according to Ally McCoist :rolleyes:

EDIT: I know the paper isn't worth the paper or domain space it is printed on, but assuming he hasn't been misquoted then I have lost the little respect that I had for the man.

DarlingtonHibee
28-04-2012, 09:57 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4284577/Were-special-we-cannot-be-treated-same-as-other-clubs.html#ixzz1tK6gwzB9

....according to Ally McCoist

I hope the 10 other clubs have the balls to resign - lets face it these two will leave the SPL if the EPL or any other league come's knocking.

Lets call their bluff.

lapsedhibee
28-04-2012, 10:01 AM

'course you would say that, Timmy O'Hot Shot.

Eyrie
28-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Same thing in the Scotsman. On the one hand he's accepting that the Huns should face the same punishment anyone else would, then in the next breath he's saying that an exception should be made for them by claiming that would be "the right thing for the game". As everyone outside Ibrox would agree, the right thing for the game is integrity prevailing over double standards.

Mikeystewart
28-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Same thing in the Scotsman. On the one hand he's accepting that the Huns should face the same punishment anyone else would, then in the next breath he's saying that an exception should be made for them by claiming that would be "the right thing for the game". As everyone outside Ibrox would agree, the right thing for the game is integrity prevailing over double standards.

Reaper
28-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Typical deluded OF bawsac!

HibbyDave
28-04-2012, 10:15 AM
The pressure must be maintained on all the board members of every club outwith the OF or nothing will change. If Rankgers go into liquidation and they are not relegated every club would be as well bending over and telling the OF to kepp giving it to them.

Still no comment from our illustrious leaders?

I know, I know, until there is something to say they will say nowt. Meantime please give them your hardearned cash for season tickets etc. This will ensure that once the decision goes in favour of the OF you won't want to walk away from the farce that is Scottish Football.

Beefster
28-04-2012, 10:17 AM
The pressure must be maintained on all the board members of every club outwith the OF or nothing will change. If Rankgers go into liquidation and they are not relegated every club would be as well bending over and telling the OF to kepp giving it to them.

Still no comment from our illustrious leaders?

I know, I know, until there is something to say they will say nowt. Meantime please give them your hardearned cash for season tickets etc. This will ensure that once the decision goes in favour of the OF you won't want to walk away from the farce that is Scottish Football.

Why don't you commit to buying a ST if Rodders and co stand up to the OF?

Onion
28-04-2012, 10:20 AM

Thought the SFA only worked M-F so who would they be protesting to - other than their media pals ? What else would they be saying that hasn't been done to death in the media over the last 5 days ?

Yip, I suspect violence is the only thing left for them, which is second nature to these knuckle draggers.

Ozyhibby
28-04-2012, 10:23 AM
'Scottish football can survive without the Old Firm. It'll mean other clubs have the chance to be successful' - Walter Smith 1999

Saorsa
28-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Was asked last night in pub if i wanted to buy a fighting fund Rosette for a fiver i asked the guy if he would take 10p in the pound he went a funny shade of red and walked away, funny i didna think they did thathttp://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/hilarious2g.gif

truehibernian
28-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I just think back to our horrible situation with Mercer, and us Hibees are more qualified than most in the SPL to give an opinion on 'near extinction'. Had someone from the SFA offered us a place in the second or third division back then, preserving our club and identity, I would have snapped their hand off in gratitude.

Rangers simply have to abide by the rules that every member club signs up to. As us males say, size doesn't matter (does it ;-) ).

They were both quick enough to go to press, and go underground, in their attempts to get into England. They were both quick to sign overseas players on huge contracts, then bypassing the need for an Academy. God, even now, Celtic are the only SPL club to have not signed up to the new SFA Academy structure, instead choosing to 'go on their own' using a local school through West.

None were, or are, concerned about the state of Scottish football. Only when faced with extinction do they suddenly 'care'.....and even then, it's self preservation that's at the heart of it.

Rangers in Division 3 is still helping Scottish football. After all, the fabric of Scottish football extends way beyond the SPL.

McCoist, Lennon, Doncaster, Regan, Traynor......all deluded, all sycophants, all only interested in their own positions......having the OF keeps them in post.....it's as simple as that. So much self interest it actually disgusts me that they bring in the 'for the good of the game' argument.

Jeez it's taken a half wit comedian in Tam Cowan to speak the most sense, and with the most clarity, in all this Rangers nonsense. That says it all.

ScottB
28-04-2012, 10:29 AM
In the space of a week or so he has successfully destroyed his image as a fairly likeable guy, as far as an Old Firm diehard goes, replacing it with this new jumped up, arrogant moron who cares only for the survival of his own twisted parasite of a club, everything and everyone else be damned.

The SFA need to silence him. Now.

Ozyhibby
28-04-2012, 10:34 AM
'Scottish football can survive without the Old Firm. It'll mean other clubs have the chance to be successful' - Walter Smith 1999

eastmainsmsh
28-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Im ****in sick to death of rangers this rangers that throw the book and let them suffer .... scottish football has went backwards from 1986 they have killed our game as likes of dundee united,aberdeen who at time could compete in domestic and european level .... all these years of cheating other scottish clubs financially had to stop and now it has .... Serie a clubs such as salernitana ... fiorentina got severe punishment let the huns go the same :flag:

down the slope
28-04-2012, 10:52 AM
What if the uglies had got into the premier league do you think they would merit special status if they got into financial difficulty ? , you bet they would not and so the same should apply here .

Paisley Hibby
28-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Sorry if posted elsewhere but this is the heading of a great article about Rangers in today's Times by Paul Forsyth. At last! a journalist with the guts to call it right! Can't post link as you need to subscribe to see online but here is an extract

"We are the victims", said a headline on the club's website. It is, by any standards, an imaginative take on the situation. If they are the victims, what does that make the people and businesses to whom they owe money, the rivals denied success in the years when Rangers overspent and the SPL clubs who have been left to clean up the mess? Sure the 12 month embargo was severe and the timing unfortunate, but the SFA only adhered to the rules agreed unanimously by members. You cannot on the one hand call for independent disciplinary procedures and then, when the outcome is not to your liking, blame the SFA for it. If the decision jeopardises Rangers' future, that is Rangers fault. No one else's.

CropleyWasGod
28-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Been away, so apologies if this has already been posted.
A bit technical, but a good read.

http://web3dlaw.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/are-the-rangers-administrators-duffphelps-being-up-front-and-forthright/

As far as I am aware, this was dealt with in the early days of the process. D and P are quite clear that CW does not have a valid security.

grunt
28-04-2012, 11:19 AM
As far as I am aware, this was dealt with in the early days of the process. D and P are quite clear that CW does not have a valid security.
Hmm, based on what, I wonder? D&P have been pretty clear on a number of things, deadlines included, which have later transpired to be less than crystal clear.

CropleyWasGod
28-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Hmm, based on what, I wonder? D&P have been pretty clear on a number of things, deadlines included, which have later transpired to be less than crystal clear.

Based on the premise that RFC owe the holding company nothing. If there is no debt, there is no security.

grunt
28-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Ah, yes, I can see that would work. :idiot:

grunt
28-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Based on the premise that RFC owe the holding company nothing. If there is no debt, there is no security.Answer from web3dlaw (http://web3dlaw.wordpress.com/):

[Because of the way Whyte structure the deal. It was a leveraged buyout. He took the Ticketus cash paid into an account at law firm Collyer Bristow and paid off the RFC debt owned to Lloyds TSB. He then had the security held by Lloyds over Rangers assigned to Wavetower. Perfectly legitimate and makes Wavetower (wholly owned by CW) a secured creditor.

CropleyWasGod
28-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Answer from web3dlaw (http://web3dlaw.wordpress.com/):

[QUOTE][Because of the way Whyte structure the deal. It was a leveraged buyout. He took the Ticketus cash paid into an account at law firm Collyer Bristow and paid off the RFC debt owned to Lloyds TSB. He then had the security held by Lloyds over Rangers assigned to Wavetower. Perfectly legitimate and makes Wavetower (wholly owned by CW) a secured creditor./QUOTE]

But Wavetower aren't owed anything. Wavetower paid off the bank, and used the Ticketus money to do so.

crewetollhibee
28-04-2012, 12:33 PM
What if the uglies had got into the premier league do you think they would merit special status if they got into financial difficulty ? , you bet they would not and so the same should apply here .
Best quote on this whole thread for me !! :top marks

Ozyhibby
28-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Bloke from D&P just said latest bid from blue knights too low and Bill Miller bid conditional on a free pass from SPL and SFA.

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2012, 01:19 PM
I was busy last night and didn't have time to look at the two bids placed yesterday, so apologies for being behind the times. Are either of the bids remotely viable, folks?

Jack
28-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Bloke from D&P just said latest bid from blue knights too low and Bill Miller bid conditional on a free pass from SPL and SFA.

I wish Duff and Duffer would just admit this and that no bid is even close to being realistic and shut the buggers down.

Anything else and they are being negligent, IMO ;-)

SteveHFC
28-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Chick young w***ing furiously over Rangers on sportsound :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
28-04-2012, 01:29 PM
I wish Duff and Duffer would just admit this and that no bid is even close to being realistic and shut the buggers down.

Anything else and they are being negligent, IMO ;-)

they are just hanging on till last match of the season.....as this would prevent even more sanctions and make them even harder to get rid of

Ozyhibby
28-04-2012, 01:30 PM
I would rather they drag it on a bit longer. Liquidation is a certainty.
The problem they have is that they are fast running out of time to start a newco, go to court to get ibrox from Craig whyte, work out who entitled to start the newco, and get a team together before august. It may already be to late to acheive all that.

SteveHFC
28-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Jim Traynor on Sportsound just now:

If Rangers play in the 3rd division. Scottish Football will suffer. Piss off you utter clown :aok:

jgl07
28-04-2012, 01:36 PM

If Rangers play in the 3rd division. Scottish Football will suffer.

He is right. It will be very bad for Scottish Football if Rangers are not wiped from history.

Rangers should never be allowed back into the SFL after their crude attempt to intimidate officials.

down-the-slope
28-04-2012, 01:38 PM

If Rangers play in the 3rd division. Scottish Football will suffer. Piss off you utter clown :aok:

They say one thing and then contradict themselves in the next answer......hardly a sane response among them....

Northernhibee
28-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Pic at the start of their little day out.

Bet that many people winnae be turning out for a rainy Wednesday evening game against East Stirling, the glory hunting *******s.

OFGTF

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2012, 01:40 PM
I would rather they drag it on a bit longer. Liquidation is a certainty.
The problem they have is that they are fast running out of time to start a newco, go to court to get ibrox from Craig whyte, work out who entitled to start the newco, and get a team together before august. It may already be to late to acheive all that.

That'll be my question answered. I did hear a wee snippet about the Blue Knights bid being conditional upon a CVA and acquisition of Whyte's shares, and thought "aye, piece of cake" :greengrin

BarneyK
28-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Pic at the start of their little day out.

Bet that many people winnae be turning out for a rainy Wednesday evening game against East Stirling, the glory hunting *******s.

OFGTF

The SNP seem to have upset them...:rolleyes:

ian cruise
28-04-2012, 01:43 PM

I agree with traynor. All of the division 3 clubs fans will suffer and the season after the division 2 clubs. And we will all have to still suffer the ignorant rantings of mccoist and co.

Ferryhibby
28-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Not a lover of these gits or their ugly sister, but why are huns so determined to stay in the spl when for years they have been tryin to get out of it, it really is unbelievable that they cant see the bigger picture and the lifeline the SFA have offered them, not allowed to sign a player over the age of 18 means they will have to use there u19 team and the other players who wanrt to stay, i am a great fan of youth football especially scottish youth football, givin these guys a season or two in the top flight can only be good for our national game and our national team, even if the young guys get their game theyl still get all the big decisions at each ground from their refs and linesman. All this scaremongering by them telling us that huns not in the top league is bad for scottish football....really scottish football extends far beyond the SPL and having the East Stirlings, Peterheads etc getting the gate money from them means they can invest in younger players and bring them along which, if the p[layers are good enough will make their way to the top flight anyway, just think for the long term effects for the whole of our game turfing these gits into the 3rd tier would be good for our game.

Moulin Yarns
28-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Monday will be a big day. SPL meeting to decide on financial fair play as well as the sensible 10 putting forward their proposals.

Northernhibee
The SNP seem to have upset them...:rolleyes:

They're no exactly good at the whole "getting people on their side" thing, are they?

Since90+2
Just on Sportsound that Raith Rovers (a board member was on the SFA Panel) have had to have police at Starks Parks over the last 24 hours due to threats to torch the ground.

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2012, 01:48 PM

These Scottish weedgia dolts have bought into the whole mindset of apologising for Rantic for so long, they'd be trumpeting the same Tom Kite seeking to exonerate those vile clubs from any conceivable atrocity they perpetuated.

It's fascinating how the entire house of cards of Scottish football, the authorities, the media, are now paying the price for their craven indulgence of the OF and their bigoted, anti-competitive and anti-sport ethos throughout the years. Consequently, they now look even more ridiculous than usual, and anybody with sense ignores the Scottish media and looks south for a proper analysis of this situation. It's just utterly ludicrous how they insist on perceiving an anti-sport organization of cheats, who have stolen massive funds from the public purse to bolster their own egos, as the pitiful victims in this sordid situation. The only pitiful thing is their own pathetic endorsement of those thieves and tyrants. Traynor is just another sneaky fat kid in the playground trying to curry favor with the school bullies. Like Young, Keevins and the rest of those timid slavers, he's joke of a journalist.

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Just on Sportsound that Raith Rovers (a board member was on the SFA Panel) have had to have police at Starks Parks over the last 24 hours due to threats to torch the ground.

This is madness. Their catalogue of shame is thicker than the Argos catalogue. Nail bomb convictions and threats of arson on the same day from those quinessentially British, law abiding citizens. Just ask the population of Manchester.

Brando7
28-04-2012, 02:02 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17879835

Another revised bid from Murray...how many that now?

Just shut the doors!!!

Malthibby
28-04-2012, 02:11 PM

:agree::agree:
Folk should be chucking this at the meeja every chance they get. Hypocritical, syncophantic bellends almost without exception.
GG also stands for Gloria Gaynor.

Northernhibee
28-04-2012, 02:15 PM

Just shut the doors!!!

As someone before said, at least this is dragging everything out longer than necessary, might not be time to set up a Newco in time for next season :greengrin

snooky
28-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Monday will be a big day. SPL meeting to decide on financial fair play as well as the sensible 10 putting forward their proposals.

Is it this Monday for definite or a D&P flexi-Monday?

PatHead
28-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Is it this Monday for definite or a D&P flexi-Monday?

Definately Monday but D & P will need 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9*days to digest results and ask for new bids

* delete as appropriate

SteveHFC
28-04-2012, 03:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eVENQ.png

Moulin Yarns
28-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Definately Monday but D & P will need 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9*days to digest results and ask for new bids

* delete as appropriate

So long as the SPL and the clubs are strong enough I imagine messrs Miller and Murray will digest the results very quickly

Northernhibee
28-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Anyone see the protest on the news?

That old woman/Jimmy Saville lookalike saying "That transfer embargo. Should have been suspended. Simples" - what a ****ing belter - anyone who gets their vocabulary from a car insurance advert disnae deserve the oxygen of oxygen.

Or that fat one saying "The SFA have to do something about this problem" - it's not a "problem", it's a "punishment" for breaking the rules.

They dinnae have a ****ing clue between them.

Hibernia&Alba
28-04-2012, 04:43 PM

That old woman/Jimmy Saville lookalike saying "That transfer embargo. Should have been suspended. Simples" - what a ****ing belter - anyone who gets their vocabulary from a car insurance advert disnae deserve the oxygen of oxygen.

Or that fat one saying "The SFA have to do something about this problem" - it's not a "problem", it's a "punishment" for breaking the rules.

Now then, now then guys and gals. Mr Hun is on his arse, and to cheer him up we have a nice Jim'll Fix It badge and a big bill from Hector.

Twa Cairpets
28-04-2012, 04:43 PM

Also - what was that trumpet Jardine slavering about? In what way is it appropriate for a club official to lead a rabble threatening sanctions.

CropleyWasGod
28-04-2012, 04:45 PM

Now then, now then guys and gals. Mr Hun is on his arse, and to cheer him up we have a nice Jim'll Fix It badge and a big bill from Hector.

A hundred points for naming the song the band were just playing, guys and gals.

Open brackets, The Cry Was, close brackets, No Surrender.

SurferRosa
28-04-2012, 04:57 PM

:faf: :faf:.......that had me in stitches mate. Cheers.

Kaiser1962
28-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Rangers supporters are revolting and it makes the news? :rolleyes:

Strathclyde Police estimates that around 7k supporters were there. I would imagine the organisers would be a bit dissapointed given their percieved importance.

The reality is that football clubs are in the hands of the money men now and the fans have little, if any, influence.

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Walter Smith seems to have had an outbreak of dementia.

Altogether now, "the cry was no remember..."

SteveHFC
28-04-2012, 05:12 PM
http://www.snspix.com/28_04_12_rangers_fans_protest/photo/79728.html

calmac12000
28-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Listening to Radio Scotland leaving the issue of punishment to one side for a wee minute, Hun caller is having difficulty with accepting the fact that Rangers as a club are legally responsible for anything!
Oh dear, that's me educated now.

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Why is everybody so down on Rangers? Have they done something wrong?

Kaiser1962
28-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Why is everybody so down on Rangers? Have they done something wrong?

Did you see the amount of shellsuits on that march?

Ozyhibby
28-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Just out of interest, how many attended the Hands off Hibs rally attracted? Sure it was more than the 5k strathclyde police are reporting.

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2012, 05:32 PM
I would like Jardine or one of the other members of the fighting fund to come out and tell us exactly what punishment they would deem appropriate for 15 odd years of cheating.

It seems to me that basically they think their beloved football club should should suffer a punishment which is so bland that it will be of no consequence.

Their strategy for securing their clubs place in the SPL seems to rest on veiled threats against any club or individual they think stands in their way. The main sanction they feel is at their disposal is for their supporters to boycott away matches. I doubt that such a sanction will have a great deal of impact in the 3rd division .... Indeed I would imagine the good folk of Annan, Peterhead, Montrose etc etc would welcome such a boycott .... Who wants a mini Manchester ?

They also still seem to think that their absence from the SPL will lead to a number of SPL clubs going bust .... no it will not. Yes some clubs will suffer a drop in income, perhapes even a substantial drop if the SKY deal is out of the window .... But what these cretins dont seem to realise is that clubs will find a way to get by.

The final point that they and all of the prats in the press and in football who apologise for them are missing is probably the most important one:

They have spent years riding rough shod over the rest of us, their arrogance has known no bounds .... and now they expect the rest of us to rally round in support of them. The way they expect to get our sympathy and help is to say We Are Rangers and if you dont help you will suffer.

Heres the news lads ........ Anybody outside of Govan who perhaps did have sympathy, or who did think that we needed Rangers on top for the good of the game financially, hard to take though that was .... has now been totally alienated by the bully boy tactics being employed.

If the SPL or SFA cave in to this crap and a newco rangers are playing in the SPL next season it wont matter a stuff if the current bun fans boycott ER or any other ground because I and I am sure thousands of other fans wont be there to see it. I for one intend to boycott any newco rangers game at ER next season.

CentreLine
28-04-2012, 05:37 PM
I would like Jardine or one of the other members of the fighting fund to come out and tell us exactly what punishment they would deem appropriate for 15 odd years of cheating.

It seems to me that basically they think their beloved football club should should suffer a punishment which is so bland that it will be of no consequence.

Their strategy for securing their clubs place in the SPL seems to rest on veiled threats against any club or individual they think stands in their way. The main sanction they feel is at their disposal is for their supporters to boycott away matches. I doubt that such a sanction will have a great deal of impact in the 3rd division .... Indeed I would imagine the good folk of Annan, Peterhead, Montrose etc etc would welcome such a boycott .... Who wants a mini Manchester ?

They also still seem to think that their absence from the SPL will lead to a number of SPL clubs going bust .... no it will not. Yes some clubs will suffer a drop in income, perhapes even a substantial drop if the SKY deal is out of the window .... But what these cretins dont seem to realise is that clubs will find a way to get by.

The final point that they and all of the prats in the press and in football who apologise for them are missing is probably the most important one:

They have spent years riding rough shod over the rest of us, their arrogance has known no bounds .... and now they expect the rest of us to rally round in support of them. The way they expect to get our sympathy and help is to say We Are Rangers and if you dont help you will suffer.

Heres the news lads ........ Anybody outside of Govan who perhaps did have sympathy, or who did think that we needed Rangers on top for the good of the game financially, hard to take though that was .... has now been totally alienated by the bully boy tactics being employed.

If the SPL or SFA cave in to this crap and a newco rangers are playing in the SPL next season it wont matter a stuff if the current bun fans boycott ER or any other ground because I and I am sure thousands of other fans wont be there to see it. I for one intend to boycott any newco rangers game at ER next season.

What I would like Jardine, or anyone really, to expalin who is doing this kicking. All football fans in Scotland deserve to know the names of these people and what the kicking is that they are actually delivering. It's only fair that we should know

jgl07
28-04-2012, 05:40 PM
I for one intend to boycott any newco rangers game at ER next season.

Well I for another will not attend any SPL matches if that happens.

My 2012-13 season ticket will be sent back to Hibs unused.

Northernhibee
28-04-2012, 05:41 PM
http://www.snspix.com/28_04_12_rangers_fans_protest/photo/79728.html

SFA cost jobs? Have those arrogant pricks not seen the list of companies both large and small owed money by Rangers? Do they not know about cutbacks in public services and the tax money they are owed that could keep hundreds of staff in jobs?

I hope they go bust, I hope Rangers never resurfaces and that not one of those ****ers involved or supporting Rangers FC step soil in a football ground again.

The day that Rangers dies I will ****ing laugh.

Lungo--Drom
28-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Just saw a photo on the BBC News website of the "Rangers march on Hampden". If you are sad about the imminent demise of your football team you look sad, maybe some grown guys in tears (understandably), but in this photo the front line of the march is staffed by some very aggressive looking "bad men" as ma dear old Gran would have called them. Hoods and scarfs across their faces, why the secrecy lads? I thought this was a public open march to get support for the future your club? I can see this whole thing getting nasty soon, when the real "true blue" thug squads leave their sofas and head out to polish their knuckles on the pavements...

Lungo--Drom
28-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Laugh? I'll pay for the first round of drinks buddy! I am planning to hold a 'Rangers Implosion Party' in the street outside ma house, free drink for all friendly faces. If the local council or police object I'll just start inciting the public via the national media and throw in lots of words like "unfair" and "kicking us when we're down". It's worked for that bunch of fuds so far.

I hope they go bust, I hope Rangers never resurfaces and that not one of those ****ers involved or supporting Rangers FC step soil in a football ground again.

The day that Rangers dies I will ****ing laugh.

Eyrie
28-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Worth re-iterating that one club every season in the SPL will survive the loss of income from TV/Ugly Sisters when they get relegated. So the Huns can shove that line of reasoning where it hurts.

Seveno
28-04-2012, 07:05 PM
These Scottish weedgia dolts have bought into the whole mindset of apologising for Rantic for so long, they'd be trumpeting the same Tom Kite seeking to exonerate those vile clubs from any conceivable atrocity they perpetuated.

It's fascinating how the entire house of cards of Scottish football, the authorities, the media, are now paying the price for their craven indulgence of the OF and their bigoted, anti-competitive and anti-sport ethos throughout the years. Consequently, they now look even more ridiculous than usual, and anybody with sense ignores the Scottish media and looks south for a proper analysis of this situation. It's just utterly ludicrous how they insist on perceiving an anti-sport organization of cheats, who have stolen massive funds from the public purse to bolster their own egos, as the pitiful victims in this sordid situation. The only pitiful thing is their own pathetic endorsement of those thieves and tyrants. Traynor is just another sneaky fat kid in the playground trying to curry favor with the school bullies. Like Young, Keevins and the rest of those timid slavers, he's joke of a journalist.

Brilliant stuff, Bob. I salute you. :not worth

Seveno
28-04-2012, 07:14 PM

Just shut the doors!!!

Quote from Whitehouse of D&P :

'I am reluctant to quote deadlines because invariably they tend to get missed.'

Laugh ? I nearly pissed my pants.

snooky
28-04-2012, 07:53 PM
This whole farce is now beyond the handling capabilities of the SPL & SFA.
EUFA should step in, and soon, to put an end to all this BS once and for all.

I can understand the Huns fighting for their club - we had to do the same :tin hat:.
Their chosen methods, however, are totally detrimental to their cause.

Minder
28-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Lester Piggot lost his OBE for relatively moderate tax evasion. Is there a case for Murray losing his knighhood? Clearly "SDM knew" what was going on and the sums involved dwarf Piggott's case. Why no groundswell for title removal? Is there an establishment conspiracy to forget Murray's role and make Craig Whyte what Lee Harvey Oswald would describe as a patsy ( albeit a willing one )?

McD
28-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I predict a lot of drums, flutes and an old man with a toddlers keyboard.

I'd forgotten him for a bit. However, every time I read 'we don't do walking away' I can't help hearing him singing his wee ditty, its bloody infuriating lol

The_Sauz
28-04-2012, 10:30 PM
I see only 7000 huns turned up for their protest walk to Hampden :lolrangers:

johnbc70
28-04-2012, 10:31 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17877910

Why have the guys at the front got scarfs over their face and hoods up etc? Bet they were just itching for a bit of trouble so they could kick off.

As for the placards "SFA sanctions cost Jobs" well that is laughable. They seem to have forget about the 100+ companies they owe money to themselves due to their mismanagement, I am sure some small and some larger ones (like our neighbours) could very well do with the money that Rangers owe them. As for a paid employee of the club Jardine leading this lot then he should be ashamed and if possible the SFA should charge him. You question a ref's decision and its a fine and a touchline ban, you question and ridicule the whole SFA and so far nothing happens.

Saorsa
28-04-2012, 10:39 PM
I see only 7000 huns turned up for their protest walk to Hampden :lolrangers:they are the peepul though :agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/bluebearsurrender.gif

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/hunsmarch3.jpg

Ozyhibby
28-04-2012, 10:43 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17877910

Why have the guys at the front got scarfs over their face and hoods up etc? Bet they were just itching for a bit of trouble so they could kick off.

Good chance it's so that nobody from the social spots them walking without crutches and thinks they might be over that bad back or that bought of depression.

danhibees1875
28-04-2012, 10:47 PM
I see only 7000 huns turned up for their protest walk to Hampden :lolrangers:

2 more and they would have had the largest sporting related attendance in Scotland today.

Anyway, no-one cares about Rangers, have they not learned that yet?

Hibrandenburg
28-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Lester Piggot lost his OBE for relatively moderate tax evasion. Is there a case for Murray losing his knighhood? Clearly "SDM knew" what was going on and the sums involved dwarf Piggott's case. Why no groundswell for title removal? Is there an establishment conspiracy to forget Murray's role and make Craig Whyte what Lee Harvey Oswald would describe as a patsy ( albeit a willing one )?

I too was thinking about Lester Piggot when all this started. Didn't he even end up doing time? (Oh please smiley)

lyonhibs
28-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Some of the people in the slideshow via the link below need to be put down for the good of the gene pool.

Frightening stuff.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers-fans-march-en-masse-to-hampden-to-rally-against-sfa-sanctions-1-2262674

Minder
28-04-2012, 11:08 PM
I fear carnage at Celtic game. Hope Iam wrong but have bad feeling.

Minder
28-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I too was thinking about Lester Piggot when all this started. Didn't he even end up doing time? (Oh please smiley)

Yep , 366 days served out of 3 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/october/23/newsid_3755000/3755282.stm

Saorsa
28-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Some of the people in the slideshow via the link below need to be put down for the good of the gene pool.

Frightening stuff.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers-fans-march-en-masse-to-hampden-to-rally-against-sfa-sanctions-1-2262674:agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/lol-2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/fall_off_chair_laughing.gif

Hibercelona
28-04-2012, 11:32 PM
I fear carnage at Celtic game. Hope Iam wrong but have bad feeling.

I don't. :cb