PDA

View Full Version : Mick McCarthy Sacked

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Breaking news on Sky that MM has been sacked at Wolves.

Does this effect our loanees? Doherty may be recalled, Griffiths? apologies if this has been touched upon.......

YehButNoBut
13-02-2012, 09:58 AM
After being stuffed by local rival West Brom yesterday McCarthy has paid the price and been sacked.

Wonder who will be in line for the Wolves job next, will it effect our loan deals with them?

Steve20
13-02-2012, 09:59 AM
They should go for Alan Curbishley

Prawn Sandwich
13-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Hope Wolves will not want Matt Docherty back...... Perhaps I'm a bit too cynical?

Spike Mandela
13-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Harsh but a 5-1 derby defeat is difficult to excuse when form is so poor.

SMAXXA
13-02-2012, 10:02 AM
I feel sorry for him, yeah they are struggling but still plenty time to get out of it. Seems a decent guy to me.

The_Exile
13-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Going by what happens in Football Manager :greengrin, the loans remain loaned out until end of agreed time. They would need to have a "can recall" in the terms on the loan contract I think.

Taz_hibee
Think i am right in saying English teams cannot recall loanees before end of deal, part of the reason why they prefer to loan to another English club

HUTCHYHIBBY
Fletcher must be praying they dinnae offer Avril the job.

easty
13-02-2012, 10:08 AM

I suppose the same could be said for every single Wolves fan there is..

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm praying they do though.

Part/Time Supporter
13-02-2012, 10:14 AM
100% they can't recall Doherty (or Griffiths) because it is outside the window and it is across a (football) border. That's one of the reasons why it's harder for SPL clubs to get decent loan players from England in the first place. If anything, McCarthy getting the sack might work in Hibs' favour because the new manager may not rate them (ie for signing either or both longer term).

R'Albin
13-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Hopefully the next manager also decides he doesn't want Griffiths :agree:

truehibernian
13-02-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't think that Wolves can recall either Leigh or Doherty. Recalls usually are included in goalkeeper contracts, but I think (and someone can correct me), if it is not a full season loan then they cannot recall. Leigh's loan periods I think have been split into two seperate loan agreements. Had he signed on loan back in summer for the whole season they could have asked for him back I think. They can only recall when the window is open anyway, again, I think.

So in short, given they are both on half-season loan periods, I don't think Wolves can recall.

SlickShoes
13-02-2012, 10:23 AM
http://youtu.be/NoUNrjrRXw8

Baker9
13-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Wolves my not be able to recall them but worrying times ahead for Doherty in particular, and Griffith. Who will replace McCarthy and what chance do they have of impressing him stuck up here? Might work out well for us in terms of proper deals.

Judas Iscariot
13-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Hopefully the next manager also decides he doesn't want Griffiths :agree:

And Doherty :pray:

sparkiedelpaco7
Managers I feel could do well at Wolves

Lee Clark - Huddersfield
Derek McInnes - Bristol City
Paul Lambert - Norwich City
Roberto Martinez - Wigan Athletic
Gus Poyet - Brighton & Hove Albion

Dalianwanda
Speaking to a couple of wolves fans who were raging Doherty got to come up here. They think he's class and better than what's currently in the first team. I'm sure who ever comes in will be made well aware of dohertys talents...they weren't fussed about losing lg..

SMAXXA
13-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Managers I feel could do well at Wolves

Lee Clark - Huddersfield
Derek McInnes - Bristol City
Paul Lambert - Norwich City
Roberto Martinez - Wigan Athletic
Gus Poyet - Brighton & Hove Albion

Clark and Poyet yes I would say a fair possibility the other 3 no chance imo

Jim44
13-02-2012, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=Baker9;3112178]Wolves my not be able to recall them but worrying times ahead for Doherty in particular, and Griffith. Who will replace McCarthy and what chance do they have of impressing him stuck up here? Might work out well for us in terms of proper

There's every chance that events at Wolves might work in our favour with Doherty trying really hard to impress the new guy from afar.

HibsNutter
13-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Maybe there's a small chance of keeping Doherty as well as Griffiths.

scoopyboy
13-02-2012, 11:28 AM

or maybe would like him to come.

gets him out of Wolves and a new Scotland manager that will pick him.

Cropley10
13-02-2012, 11:50 AM

Who's Avril (Potter?):confused:

Judas Iscariot
13-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Who's Avril (Potter?):confused:

Levein - Lavigne?

Andy74
13-02-2012, 12:54 PM

Why? He's never said he doesn't want to be considered for the Wolves team has he?

Dashing Bob S
13-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Why? He's never said he doesn't want to be considered for the Wolves team has he?

There's no way any premiership club would consider a nonentity like Potter who failed in the championship and who shot himself in the foot for future jobs in any broadcast entertainment-orientated league with his 6-4-0 anti-football line up in Prague.

We're stuck with the specky clown at international level, at least until post-admin FC Hearts 13 gets going at the newly built Titanic Stadium on reclaimed land in the Forth Estuary at South Queensferry.

YehButNoBut
13-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Craig Levein@CraigLevein

I have ruled myself out of the Wolves job as they simply don't have enough quality up front to stay up

From Craig Levein spoof twitter :greengrin

jgl07
13-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Think i am right in saying English teams cannot recall loanees before end of deal, part of the reason why they prefer to loan to another English club

I don't think that is an issue.

A couple of years ago, Man City had loaned Joe Hart to Birmingham for the season. They Shay Given was injured when his understudy was also out. City were not able to recall Hart until the end of the season by which time they had missed out on the Champions League to Spurs.

There is a short term loan provision in England that can operate outside the transfer window but this does not apply for half season or full season loans.

Haymaker
13-02-2012, 04:55 PM
I am sure that if a club pays a fee for a loanee then they can't be recalled.

beensaidbefore
13-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Clark and Poyet yes I would say a fair possibility the other 3 no chance imo

:agree: agree, not a hope in hell. WW are relegation material. Lambert will be chuffed, more chance of Norwich staying up.

essexhibee
14-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Noticed on SSN (when not fixed on natalie sawyer :greengrin) that Wolves goal was from the ex-Hibee himself. IMO fletcher has done enough to earn himself a move to another prem team if wolves go down. Really hope for his sake they don't.

£35 million rated Andy Caroll but I know who I'd want in my team....:aok:

Haymaker
14-02-2012, 12:43 AM
If they go down and fletch leaves, let's hope it is to a decent premier league side. Imo Everton or Fulham would be great for fletch.