PDA

View Full Version : Moves and penalty claim

frazeHFC
12-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Was at the game and i was pleased with how we played, but having seen Sportscene got a couple of points.

The first is that i thought we had some cracking moves, quick passing and finding spaces. Players seem to have more confidence and without a doubt the new players have added real quality to the team. Looking forward to the upcoming games. :thumbsup:

Secondly, was it a penalty in your opinions? Still unsure who's hand it hit, although if it was their players it is a stonewaller imo. The ball was going straight to O'Hanlon at the back post.

Don't want the penalty shout to be a negative because it was a good performance, and i have confidence for the rest of the season. :thumbsup:

GGTTH

Broken Gnome
12-02-2012, 10:46 PM
On another game, Gary Mackay-Stevens = Neymar.

California-Hibs
12-02-2012, 10:51 PM
On another game, Gary Mackay-Stevens = Neymar.

His bit of skill truly was breath-taking it has to be said! :agree:

Del Boy
12-02-2012, 10:53 PM
His bit of skill truly was breath-taking it has to be said! :agree:

Still can't work out how he did that!! Best piece of skill in the SPL for years!!

frazeHFC
12-02-2012, 10:59 PM
It was class. Made me dizzy just watching it. Messi-esc. Great player too. :agree:

matty_f
12-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Was at the game and i was pleased with how we played, but having seen Sportscene got a couple of points.

The first is that i thought we had some cracking moves, quick passing and finding spaces. Players seem to have more confidence and without a doubt the new players have added real quality to the team. Looking forward to the upcoming games. :thumbsup:

Secondly, was it a penalty in your opinions? Still unsure who's hand it hit, although if it was their players it is a stonewaller imo. The ball was going straight to O'Hanlon at the back post.

Don't want the penalty shout to be a negative because it was a good performance, and i have confidence for the rest of the season. :thumbsup:

GGTTH

I thought some of our play was really good yesterday. Short, quick passes, fast breaks, good off-the-ball running, bit of trickery here and there. We defended well, IMHO.

Overall it was a very encouraging performance. If we can get more of the new players involved more often we should finish a fair bit ahead of Dunfermline. There's no doubting that the players coming in are improvements on who they've replaced.

A few games back I wouldn't have fancied us to beat many teams at all, SPL or below. Having seen us yesterday (and I know it was only Aberdeen, and we didn't beat them) I'm confident that we'll do well for the rest of the season. We've better players than a good few teams I've seen this season, and there definitely looked to be a confidence and at times a swagger about the team that has been missing since the start of the slide under Yogi.

Fenlon looks to have done some great business in January. I hope his summer window is as successful.

pedroorange1875
13-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Easy to answer the penalty claim having seen it. Aberdeen supporting ref....no penalty....neutral ....penalty......the ref was dreadful all game yes for both teams, but the serious decisions (penalty and the ridiculous yellow/no yellows for aberdeen) went only one way...:agree:

Broken Gnome
13-02-2012, 05:33 AM
It's Doherty's hand. Not a penalty.

EasterRoad4Ever
13-02-2012, 06:29 AM

GGTTH

Can't tell who's hand it was from the TV pics, but the fact remains - the ref didn't give a FK for as blatant a hand ball as you'll get and either missed it completely (not good enough) or couldn't decide whether it was a Hibs or Dons hand (not good enough). Either way, it summed that ref up.

Hibs7
13-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Hibs players and Famous 5 stand screaming for a penalty, says it was an Aberdeen player.

PPZPOL
13-02-2012, 09:30 AM

Looked that way to me as well. Like someone else said, the Ref never gave a freekick or penalty so he either missed it completely or never had the bottle to give it either way. Just another poor decision in a game full of them from him I'm afraid.

On another point I think having been at the game and now having watched the highlights its clear that we are back to being a bit more dangerous from set pieces as well. Good deliveries from corners and free kicks from Kajubi and Francomb, so so so so much better than Ivan Sproule being our set piece taker.....which he can't do very well.

Some nice moves as well which on another day would have been goals but lets give keeper credit for 2 decent saves (from Osbourne, Wotherspoon). Don't want to bash SOH much more than he already has been but he should have bulleted that header in from 6yrds from a corner, just never really had any conviction.

GREEN WARLORD
13-02-2012, 09:52 AM
:agree:

Eyrie
13-02-2012, 08:16 PM
If the ref isn't sure whether it was a Hibs hand or an Aberdeen hand then he has to let play go on. We'd be furious if he simply guessed.

essexhibee
14-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Wotherspoon looked lively :aok: Looked to have a biit of swagger and confidence...lsomething haven't seen from him in a long time.

Kujabi looks class :aok: