PDA

View Full Version : Hibs for Change - where are they now?

Viva_Palmeiras
12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Keith Sands remember him?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2011/11/09/protesting-hibs-fans-vow-to-oust-chairman-rod-petrie-despite-owner-tom-farmer-giving-him-full-support-86908-23549965/

Presumably still waiting in the wings.

I'm not naive to think we've turned the corner just yet but curious to know what their stance now is presuming they are still around (they did say they wouldnt give up right?)

Viva_Palmeiras
12-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Sunk without a trace it would appear...

c31
13-02-2012, 08:39 AM
I hope that there is still a way of applying pressure to the board, remember it was their decisions that got us in to the mess we are still in (we could be bottom next weekend). the loan signings will be costing us a fortune as well.

The board reactions were way too late and it has cost us I would recon at least a million with loss or gate receipts, loan payments and low SPL pay-outs.

I think we will survive but a lot of money must be spent in the summer to give us a team that will be capable of challenging for at least 3rd spot, without that our crowds will stay low so we need to keep pressure on Petrie, Hyland and Lindsay and make sure that these mistakes are not repeated

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2012, 08:54 AM
I hope that there is still a way of applying pressure to the board, remember it was their decisions that got us in to the mess we are still in (we could be bottom next weekend). the loan signings will be costing us a fortune as well.

The board reactions were way too late and it has cost us I would recon at least a million with loss or gate receipts, loan payments and low SPL pay-outs.

I think we will survive but a lot of money must be spent in the summer to give us a team that will be capable of challenging for at least 3rd spot, without that our crowds will stay low so we need to keep pressure on Petrie, Hyland and Lindsay and make sure that these mistakes are not repeated

Indeed just the sort of statement you'd expect them to come out with. Maybe it's just a question of timing? Surely they read the boards. Let's see what the next couple of days bring.

Pretty Boy
13-02-2012, 08:56 AM

At least 3rd spot?

You are aware that in recent times only one team has seperated the old firm and no one has mounted a credible title challenge for god knows how long?

I'm expecting vast improvement next year but, even in the piss poor SPL, to jump from relegation battle to 'at least 3rd spot' is a huge ask.

Let's not run before we can walk.

pentlando
13-02-2012, 09:25 AM

These two points are for me the reason why the Hibs board find it so hard to please. In your post you have both criticised the board for making signings that will be pretty costly, but also asking for lots of money to be spend in the summer. No offence to yourself because it's something I noticed myself saying over the weekend too. For me no matter what the board do the seem to be damned if they do, damned if they don't. It's down to the two S's is suppose, Stability and Success. It's pretty hard to chase one without endangering the other. For years whilst the Mercer thing was fresh in Hibs fans minds the boards job was easy, because everyone was in agreement the board should aim for Stability. Now as that memory fades and the balance sheet looks a bit nicer more and more fans are starting to want the focus to be on Success, despite the fact that we've not really achieved Stability (which for me would mean being debt free and sustainable without reliance on player sales).

One thing I know for sure is that I would not like to be Rod Petrie, with the exception being I wouldn't mind being able to sport a moustache they way he does his :greengrin