PDA

View Full Version : Streamers In The East

Chuck Rhoades
12-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Did anyone get in pictures of the display? If so, can you mail them please?

One from the Bounce:

http://i41.tinypic.com/29bmu55.jpg

The_Horde
12-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Did anyone get in pictures of the display? If so, can you mail them please?

One from the Bounce:

http://i41.tinypic.com/29bmu55.jpg

Looked quality btw mate! :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
12-02-2012, 08:35 PM
It's stuff like this that must look great for the new guys like Claros, Rab Carlos, Doherty etc. - looked fantastic from where I was stood.

Early days, but there's definately something changing for the better at ER nowadays. :flag:

Chuck Rhoades
12-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Didn't hear a single boo or negative comment yesterday and the players got the applause they deserved at the end. Streamers worked out better than expected. We will definitely do this again and on a larger scale next time.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Didn't hear a single boo or negative comment yesterday and the players got the applause they deserved at the end. Streamers worked out better than expected. We will definitely do this again and on a larger scale next time.

:aok: Couldn't make the game yesterday but a great effort by all accounts.

down-the-slope
12-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Streamers in the East ... surely an extra 'r' in there :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
12-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah tbh i wasn't sure how good streamers would be but definately a huge success. :thumbsup:

Desperate Dan, streamer smiley please. :greengrin

Makaveli
12-02-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm in section 43, maybe 10 rows down from where they were thrown. Tremendous effort. :thumbsup:

This isn't meant as a criticism (at all) but a small suggestion for next time - IMO they were about 10 seconds too early for the players to see them falling, if that was the aim. Good to hear you'll be doing it again as noise and colour are both important and obviously the noise is already well better than it used to be.

frazeHFC
13-02-2012, 01:40 AM
Also, in the last 2 games (since there was the discussion on S43), not one Mercer song, not one paedo song, none of these have been sung. It was mentioned that older members of the group would try to eradicate them and they have stuck by their word. Been all positive singing and getting 100% behind the team.

GGTTH

:flag:

Jack
13-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Also, in the last 2 games (since there was the discussion on S43), not one Mercer song, not one paedo song, none of these have been sung. It was mentioned that older members of the group would try to eradicate them and they have stuck by their word. Been all positive singing and getting 100% behind the team.

GGTTH

Not a complaint an observation.

I thought we were going to change If you hate those dasterdly jam tarts to If you love the marvelous Hibees for non yam games?

RIP
13-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Not a complaint an observation.

I thought we were going to change If you hate those dasterdly jam tarts to If you love the marvelous Hibees for non yam games?

If you love the Edinburgh Hibees clap your hands
If you love the Edinburgh Hibees clap your hands

If you love the Edinburgh Hibees
Love the Edinburgh Hibees
Love the Edinburgh Hibees clap your hands

We love you Hibees
We do
We love you Hibees
We do
We love you Hibees
We do
Oh Hibees we love you

Pretty Boy
13-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Something like the streamers would look good with the whole stand doing it at Tynecastle.

Obviously that's dependent on cost though as I have no idea how much streamers cost and would also take a bit organising.

Good to see you guys taking advice and constructive criticism on board re songs too. Credit where its due.

Chuck Rhoades
13-02-2012, 11:03 AM
We don't have enough time to get enough for the Derby this time round unfortunately, but it is something we will look into.

Jack
13-02-2012, 11:34 AM
We don't have enough time to get enough for the Derby this time round unfortunately, but it is something we will look into.

Ross, I don't think you guys have to be responsible for buying all this sort of stuff. So long as the idea is reasonable and responsible enough then I think if you put up a few links, or suggested a few shops in town, where this sort of stuff could be bought then enough folk would dig out a few quid to be part of the show.

DC_Hibs
13-02-2012, 12:08 PM
not one paedo song:flag:

Good to hear, that should be reserved for shouting at Jambos in the street.

HibeeEmma
13-02-2012, 12:13 PM

That's because if they is, the person knows they will be hounded here and tracked to their very row/seat :greengrin

frazeHFC
13-02-2012, 12:20 PM
How much are streamers? Suppose its not a bad shout encouraging people to buy some themselves and take them to Tynie.

neilmartinrocks
13-02-2012, 02:14 PM
How much are streamers? Suppose its not a bad shout encouraging people to buy some themselves and take them to Tynie.

mate bought a wheen o them off amazon 80ft long lots of colours for 81p each. cant post link dont know how but "paper streamers amazon" takes you to the page.

Chuck Rhoades
13-02-2012, 04:49 PM
We have a contact in Naples who is an Napoli Ultra who has got us a cracking deal on streamers. So we are sorted there for the future. 240 have been ordered so far with group funding.

Of course everyone can add colour by bringing a flag, balloons, confetti that is easily made from newspaper/card, streamers, scarfs. It would be good to see all the supporters groups displaying their flags at games. Thousands of pounds spent on flags that are never seen.

Jack
13-02-2012, 04:59 PM
We have a contact in Naples who is an Napoli Ultra who has got us a cracking deal on streamers. So we are sorted there for the future. 240 have been ordered so far with group funding.

Of course everyone can add colour by bringing a flag, balloons, confetti that is easily made from newspaper/card, streamers, scarfs. It would be good to see all the supporters groups displaying their flags at games. Thousands of pounds spent on flags that are never seen.

You could ask the Club if you could sell them in the East for a small profit so you can buy a wee bit more the next time. You guys taking on the whole cost isn't fair on you and the punters would get something in their hands for their donation.

BTW you can have my Nigerian flag :-)

Chuck Rhoades
13-02-2012, 05:05 PM
We have two fundraisers currently on the go which is bringing in funds. On top of this, the profit from any bus we run also goes towards funding materials, paints etc.

Donations are always welcomed, but our aim was to show people how easy it is to add colour and atmosphere with little effort and cost. A lot of fans still have mixed feelings for the group and until we can show what we are truely about and win more fans over the begging bowl will remain in the cupboard for the moment.

We have had nearly £160 in donations from members on here in the last 4 months which is amazing and really appreciated. A few of us on here who a part of the group purchased private memberships as a thank you for .net letting us advertise our displays and discuss the group.

We have also had donations from members on the Bounce.

DaveF
13-02-2012, 06:42 PM
We have two fundraisers currently on the go which is bringing in funds. On top of this, the profit from any bus we run also goes towards funding materials, paints etc.

Donations are always welcomed, but our aim was to show people how easy it is to add colour and atmosphere with little effort and cost. A lot of fans still have mixed feelings for the group and until we can show what we are truely about and win more fans over the begging bowl will remain in the cupboard for the moment.

We have had nearly £160 in donations from members on here in the last 4 months which is amazing and really appreciated. A few of us on here who a part of the group purchased private memberships as a thank you for .net letting us advertise our displays and discuss the group.

We have also had donations from members on the Bounce.

Liking your positive attitude :agree:

I hope you can continue with the streamers thing. It was excellent at Motherwell and looked good on Saturday, despite you all firing them off too early :greengrin

KdyHby
13-02-2012, 07:47 PM
We have had nearly £160 in donations from members on here in the last 4 months

What account are donations sent to?

Chuck Rhoades
13-02-2012, 07:54 PM
We had a paypal account set up, but have now set up an S43 bank account to keep the money in. Will link to paypal soon, but people have just been sending monies to the sort code and account number recently and have requested the details by PM.

Jonnyboy
13-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Liking your positive attitude :agree:

I hope you can continue with the streamers thing. It was excellent at Motherwell and looked good on Saturday, despite you all firing them off too early :greengrin

Premature evacuation :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
13-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Any update on getting the flags at the back of the East every game? Looks great and as said a real wasted resource.

down-the-slope
13-02-2012, 09:47 PM
http://www.partypacks.co.uk/emerald-green-latex-balloons-10andquot;-pack-of-100-pid70517.html

6p per emerald balloon (packs of 100) £5.94.......:aok:

Got to be a good shout to get a few packs for the next derby :greengrin

frazeHFC
13-02-2012, 09:52 PM
http://www.partypacks.co.uk/emerald-green-latex-balloons-10andquot;-pack-of-100-pid70517.html

6p per emerald balloon (packs of 100) £5.94.......:aok:

Got to be a good shout to get a few packs for the next derby :greengrin

Is there postage and packaging costs included in that? We have found 50 for £1.90 + £1.10 p+p so this deal you have posted would be cheaper if it includes those costs. Every 6p counts. :greengrin

down-the-slope
14-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Is there postage and packaging costs included in that? We have found 50 for £1.90 + £1.10 p+p so this deal you have posted would be cheaper if it includes those costs. Every 6p counts. :greengrin

All these are retail...if you or someone with a business registers for trade account it can be much much cheaper....you know its makes sense :greengrin

http://www.upupandaway.co.uk/register/

Chuck Rhoades
14-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Any update on getting the flags at the back of the East every game? Looks great and as said a real wasted resource.

Work in progress. We have a locker with dozens of giant flags stored in it. It is proving difficult to get access to the locker as they will not let us have a key. Which means we have to meet them 2/3 hours before kick-off, set everything up, then leave again. Bit of a nightmare.

RIP
14-02-2012, 03:35 PM

Work in progress. We have a locker with dozens of giant flags stored in it. It is proving difficult to get access to the locker as they will not let us have a key. Which means we have to meet them 2/3 hours before kick-off, set everything up, then leave again. Bit of a nightmare.

Here's the situation.

Flags at the back of the East is possible now, without any assistance from Hibs. Flag holders only have to arrive early (2.15 to 2.30) and they are free to hang up their flags whenever they want. However, having spoken to a few owners they aren't willing to commit to doing that every game. Some of the flags cost £800 - £4,000 and the owners are worried about leaving them in a pub either side of the game.

Next up was a suggestion that they could store their flags in the lockers and pick them up, hang them and put them back after a match. However again most flag owners weren't willing to do that as it meant hanging about in the stadium early and missing out on the pre-match swallies.

Next suggestion was that Hibs12thMan/Sect43 volunteeers would be willing to hang other peoples flags. We need a big crew and a lot of organisation to achieve this so it doesn't happen very often. There's also a risk of losing a flag so a lot of care needs to be taken with flag security to avoid this. The Sect43 group have started to create their own flags and are happy to hang these around the Singing Section

The best proposal I've heard to date is that each branch or group get a PVC banner made and it is hung PERMANENTLY every game, thus avoiding the organisation and manpower in hanging up and taking down every flag for every game.

As for keys that's a bit of a red herring. When we raised the money for the lockers they were installed on the strict understanding that the club and not any one supporter would be responsible for locker security. Hibs would be keyholders and work with appointed reps on flag days. Having researched flag lockers in use elsewhere, the biggest cause of loss or theft was in supporters mislaying keys. However we are in the process of agreeing a more workable solution for matchdays

Persevere80
14-02-2012, 05:14 PM
This is a great thread to read, the feel good factor may be on its way back to Easter Road. Keep up the good work lads, and i may even dip into my long pockets with my short arms and buy some streamers................................Wwwwaaaaa aahhhhoooooooooooooooooo.