PDA

View Full Version : What was the Claros verdict?

beensaidbefore
12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Sorry if posted else where, ie player ratings thread, but how did Jorge play yesterday, and did we see signs of a decent player?

Heard bits on the radio bit was working, so couldn't give it my full attention.

Northernhibee
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Was a little off the pace of the Scottish game, but played some really nice football when he could, hard tackling, no nonsense type, think that once he's up to pace he could be quite creative.

I liked, but by far from a perfect debut. Loads of promise though.

hibsfan7
12-02-2012, 06:43 PM
i think he found the pace of the game a bit fast but give him a few games and we will see the best of him
but so far i liked what i saw

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

Capt Mainwaring
12-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Looks a player. Always making himself available in centre midfield and looks to pick a pass and move to space. Will need a few games to get up to the pace of the game and gain match fitness, but I liked what I saw yesterday

beensaidbefore
12-02-2012, 06:47 PM
i think he found the pace of the game a bit fast but give him a few games and we will see the best of him
but so far i liked what i saw

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

Looks a player. Always making himself available in centre midfield and looks to pick a pass and move to space. Will need a few games to get up to the pace of the game and gain match fitness, but I liked what I saw yesterday

Cheers lads,

As you say, far to early to pass real judgement, but glad to hear he is looking to put his foot on the ball, and pass it about a bit. Fingers crossed.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Needs games, looks quality, but we won't be able to keep him long term.

beensaidbefore
12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Needs games, looks quality, but we won't be able to keep him long term.

I like the positive spin you put on it!!:greengrin

hibsbollah
12-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Hid last competitive game was on November 19th. For him to play a solid 90 minutes and look almost up to speed was remarkable. And he had two or three quality touches to beat a man.

BT58
12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
will he be directly against broony???? could be interesting
bt

1two
12-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Went in for every ball (even if it was a bit late at times)! Exactly what we need in our midfield and I can't wait till he's fully fit along with the rest of our new signings.
I'm also delighted we've signed roberto Carlos, he reminds me of David murphy!

beensaidbefore
12-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Went in for every ball (even if it was a bit late at times)! Exactly what we need in our midfield and I can't wait till he's fully fit along with the rest of our new signings.
I'm also delighted we've signed roberto Carlos, he reminds me of David murphy!

Guys on radio said, having seen him for all of a game and a half, hes by far the best LB Hibs have had all season. Not much competition but makes a pleasant change to hear these things.

Chuck Rhoades
12-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Can tell he has class. A bit off the pace, but no doubt he has ability. He likes putting his foot on the ball which I liked as we are missing a player who can slow down the game at times. Plenty of composure.

Seveno
12-02-2012, 07:53 PM
He is class. Great awareness, one touch passing, good movement and can tackle hard. I'm certain he is going to reach legend status.

hibsbollah
12-02-2012, 08:36 PM
will he be directly against broony???? could be interesting
bt

Despite the 'pitbull' tag (which is apparently more about his high energy running about than his aggre) ssion) i dont think hes an aggressive windup merchant like Broon. Hes more likely to outpass Broon than outfight him.

Jonnyboy
12-02-2012, 08:38 PM
As others have said he looked a bit sluggish at first but soon picked up the pace of the game. Likes a slide tackle :greengrin

Iggy Pope
12-02-2012, 08:51 PM
As others have said he looked a bit sluggish at first but soon picked up the pace of the game. Likes a slide tackle :greengrin

Indeed!
Think he has to time some of them a bit better though :greengrin

Seen enough to think he will settle in and provide the creativity we have lacked for so long.

Sunday will be interesting.

Northernhibee
12-02-2012, 08:52 PM
He does look as if he'll pick up a red card or two in his spell here, but he'll get the crowds going, constantly looked as if he'd give a bollock for the cause.

Iggy Pope
12-02-2012, 08:56 PM
He does look as if he'll pick up a red card or two in his spell here, but he'll get the crowds going, constantly looked as if he'd give a bollock for the cause.

There was a wee passage in the first half when you could see where the Pitbull bit comes from as he harrassed three of the Sheep into eventually booting the ball away out of play.
Seen similar in tonight's 'Countryfile'.