PDA

View Full Version : Stepping up to the plate

Northernhibee
12-02-2012, 05:18 PM
What's heartening is that for the first time in ages, there seems to be a spirit of players wanting to impress when they get the chance. Last weekend Hanlon had a point to prove and he was magnificient, this weekend McPake and Hanlon were suspended and O'Hanlon had one of his better games for us (I personally thought he was really good, a few dodgy passes aside). Spoony started on the right with Soares out and put in a great game, Stevenson has gone from a fringe player at the start of the season to one of the first names on the team-sheet. Before he was punted, I thought Michael Hart was coming onto a game (even if it wasnae fitba).

Only player who's not really doing this is Gaz - think he needs a game or two where he doesn't make the bench to hopefully open his eyes up - we've got Griffiths, O'Donovan and Doyle snapping at his heels - if we get Gaz in the frame of mind to start banging them in again, we're doing to do just fine.

It's almost as if the players want to play for Hibs again, and I for one am loving it :pfgwa

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 05:37 PM
What's heartening is that for the first time in ages, there seems to be a spirit of players wanting to impress when they get the chance. Last weekend Hanlon had a point to prove and he was magnificient, this weekend McPake and Hanlon were suspended and O'Hanlon had one of his better games for us (I personally thought he was really good, a few dodgy passes aside). Spoony started on the right with Soares out and put in a great game, Stevenson has gone from a fringe player at the start of the season to one of the first names on the team-sheet. Before he was punted, I thought Michael Hart was coming onto a game (even if it wasnae fitba).

Only player who's not really doing this is Gaz - think he needs a game or two where he doesn't make the bench to hopefully open his eyes up - we've got Griffiths, O'Donovan and Doyle snapping at his heels - if we get Gaz in the frame of mind to start banging them in again, we're doing to do just fine.

It's almost as if the players want to play for Hibs again, and I for one am loving it :pfgwa

He was absolutely shocking yesterday as he is most weeks and has no pace, hardly won a header yesterday (usually the only thing he is good at!), and can't pass the ball even moderately accurately or at the appropriate pace for the situation!

Sooner he too is moved on the better IMO! :agree:

We have better to replace him with!

givescotlandfreedom
12-02-2012, 05:41 PM
He was absolutely shocking yesterday

Except for his clearance off the line :devil:

Northernhibee
12-02-2012, 05:43 PM
He was absolutely shocking yesterday as he is most weeks and has no pace, hardly won a header yesterday (usually the only thing he is good at!), and can't pass the ball even moderately accurately or at the appropriate pace for the situation!

I disagree, he's not the quality of player we are looking for, but he looked far less shaky at the back than before. That's what we want from players, to come back from any setbacks a better player each time.

Seveno
12-02-2012, 07:08 PM

PF is building a team that can play football but isn't going to be the same soft touch that the team has been renowned for in the past. It's early days yet but I am getting really excited about Hibs again.

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 08:13 PM
I disagree, he's not the quality of player we are looking for, but he looked far less shaky at the back than before. That's what we want from players, to come back from any setbacks a better player each time.

Perhaps he may have looked less shaky than normal BUT he's awful and sadly all of the things I mentioned in my earlier post!

Sooner he's moved on the better IMO!

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Perhaps he may have looked less shaky than normal BUT he's awful and sadly all of the things I mentioned in my earlier post!

Sooner he's moved on the better IMO!

He had a steady game, nothing fantastic but steady. Lewis Stevfolkenson was IMO poor for a while, but now
has folk saying he's up for poy. He had to start producing at some stage, maybe ohanlon has started his decent form?

PaulSmith
12-02-2012, 08:29 PM
He had a steady game, nothing fantastic but steady. Lewis Stevfolkenson was IMO poor for a while, but now
has folk saying he's up for poy. He had to start producing at some stage, maybe ohanlon has started his decent form?

Lewis who!! Quality predictive text turns Lewis into a Norwiegan!

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2012, 08:54 PM

Lol

Gala Foxes
12-02-2012, 09:03 PM
agree that many of the players are stepping up their game but have to disagree on O'Hanlon

He is miles off the mark & was no better yesterday

Judas Iscariot
12-02-2012, 09:06 PM

:faf:

Does that make him any good yet?

:duck:

Sas_The_Hibby
12-02-2012, 09:43 PM

Where, exactly, IS Norwiega, though? :wink:

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 10:26 PM

Do you seriously think that O'Hanlon is a regular 1st team CH then?

Edit - :greengrin :rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 10:27 PM
agree that many of the players are stepping up their game but have to disagree on O'Hanlon

He is miles off the mark & was no better yesterday

:top marks

Agreed 100%!

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Do you seriously think that O'Hanlon is a regular 1st team CH then?

No i dont, but i did not think Stevenson deserved a start either a while back, but with steady performances he's improved no end. How will we know if he is hopeless, or indeed wont improve, if he's not given the chance to play with the better players that we have signed?

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 10:53 PM
No i dont, but i did not think Stevenson deserved a start either a while back, but with steady performances he's improved no end. How will we know if he is hopeless, or indeed wont improve, if he's not given the chance to play with the better players that we have signed?

Aye, very good! :rolleyes:

O'Hanlon is this season's PC Murdoch and the sooner he's not at ER the better IMO! :agree:

Big90inOz
13-02-2012, 08:53 AM
O'Hanlon is a bombscare, look back at the highlights from yesterday's game and watch how unconvincing he is at dealing with anything into the box.

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-02-2012, 09:54 AM
only reason o'hanlon was any good was because he had Doherty there!!!!

jacomo
13-02-2012, 12:21 PM

McPake and Doherty are both loan signings, aren't they? So by the time we get the opportunity to move O'Hanlon on, these two will probably be gone too.

jacomo
13-02-2012, 12:23 PM

Agreed.

Any chance Hibs could sue Calderwood, for stealing wages?